All Top Echelon Reviews

Maria

Reviewed July 2022

Love that they are always upgrading!

PROS

What I like most is that they added texting to the candidates as activities so when I am texting someone, it creates an activity that can be read by all. I am mostly loving the new free feature of adding jobs directly to Monster Organic and LinkedIn direct. We've made more placements since using these features.

CONS

I don't like that I cannot search older, archived jobs for "job descriptions." Sometimes I want to find an older description and copy it but I have to click job by job, until I can find ones that have descriptions.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

We had Top Echelon before but boss wanted to try something different and went to PCRecruiter. ALl the staff went on a virtual strike until we went back to Top Echelon

Kevin

Reviewed December 2021

Big Biller Experience

Very positive experience overall thus far.

PROS

It’s very cost effective compared to other software out there. It’s a great option if you’re looking for something clean and easy to use without all the extra bells and whistles of the more expensive platforms.

CONS

They haven’t yet rolled out the ability to tag internal team members with email or notification alerts which would be a huge value add.

Better user interface

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Big Biller was a much lower price and had all the basic features we needed.

Roland

Reviewed May 2024

Top Echelon is a great platform for For agency recruiters and executive search consultants

As I stated, I really like this platform. It is by Recruiters for Recruiters and it shows!

PROS

•A Very strong ATS •A fully functioning CRM •Great Sourcing Tools and Job Posting abilities •Strong Reporting tools •Great Careers Page addon •Texting and SMS abilities •Email tracking •Social Network Integrations •Google Chrome add-on •A.I. Job Description writing tools •Stellar Support and Training •A VERY DOABLE PRICE POINT!!!

CONS

I really don't have any issues with this platform. Maybe one day the ability to scroll right and left to go back and forth in open profiles on a list....It is possible for applicants for individual job posts.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Better support and better price point along with better functionality~!

Eric

Reviewed October 2020

BB

It is what it is for now... It gets us by, but we will have to upgrade soon. I am going to need something that has a complete staffing package that can do my payroll as well, and track all of my HR information.

PROS

It is easy to use, and if you have a small company it is easy to buy into with a low amount of users. The text messaging feature is a game changer. Very helpful.

CONS

The job posting tool does not get applicants. We would get 2-3 people per week. I had to get another subscription with Zip. We try and import as many resumes as possible, but many do not make it through, or the resume doesn't parse. Everything is an add-on with this software. Which can be a benefit as well. When I see my bill at the end of the month I really don't feel that we put $220 into this. I wish my users utilized it more, however they don't have the time for all the importing. I wish there was a way to actually downgrade users. For example, my onsite doesn't enter a thing in this and just sits at a company and makes phone calls. All I would need from her is to enter information, and import resumes if needed.

Reviewed April 2024

Top Echelon recruiting soltions database review

I have been with Top Echelon for 6 years and have never had any issues with it. Took me about a week to really get used to it at first. It may take some people less time since I'm an old man. LOL.

PROS

Very intuitive, fast and easy maneuvering around the database, tagging companies and candidates, the planner and reminders are great as well as the mass email capabilities and tracking emails.

CONS

I can't think of any major negatives for the Top Echelon database

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

I like the fact that Top Echelon has the split commission aspect.

Debi

Reviewed April 2024

Top Echelon is the BEST!!

To me this system is perfect!! No only does it have everything a small company needs it is an ideal tool for a large company as well. It is very comprehensive.

PROS

How robust and easy it is to learn and use

CONS

I have used several systems over the past 25 years and Top Echelon is the easiest to learn, very common sensical, easiest to learn and as I have said before very robust - nothing is missing.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

When we separated from our previous company and when on our own.

Eddie

Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

What a great Recruiting tool

We are very happy with Top Echelon and will continue to use this product.

PROS

The user experience is very easy to learn and setup.

CONS

The parser could be more robust and for some reason my extensions that highlight words does not come through very well. But the extensions do work on the resume widget, so that is a plus, i just wish they showed up better on the screen.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

we just like top echelon better and chose to use it over the other products.

Stephen

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Recruiter Daily User

Great support, multiple options for training, start up and on-going. Best product I've seen for the money.

PROS

ease of installation and use, resume parsing and searching

CONS

ability to view resumes, print is small and no option to view full page that's readable.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Cost and customize for our use in Recruiting plus scalability. - with another agency that was larger and multi-recruiting focuses

Mike

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Big Biller software review

I appreciate the price for what I consider a better product.

PROS

The ease of use and the price. I also really appreciate all the features and the constant updates.

CONS

I'm used to using folders and files so the data input is what I like least but you need to do that with any software.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

I wasn't using it because I didn't use it. After all, I didn't like it.

Shea

Reviewed August 2023

Review from a 25+ year Recruiter

It keeps my candidates organized and accessible.

PROS

I like how easy it is to put candidates in and build the database. The search functions are also very "user friendly".

CONS

Not much negative to say about it, I have really liked it in the time I have had it.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

I liked the customer support

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

It was not my decision to use Zoho, it was my decision to use Top Ecehlon

Carolina

Reviewed March 2018

Effective recruiters identify highly qualified candidates software.

The most common problem I could solve by using Big Biller is that I can combine marketing tools with email. Thanks to this application I can get the essentials for tracking applicants.

PROS

What I like most about Big Biller is that thanks to the job publication tools it allows me to publish applications on the company's career site, in various industry-specific job sites and on social channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. This seems excellent to me.

CONS

One downside is that Big Biller right now is not compatible with Outlook integration. I hope you can develop this feature because it is very necessary. You can also say that the design is somewhat outdated, I think they should modernize its graphical interface.

Walt

Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Big Biller is extremely user-friendly and reliable

One goal I have it to become paperless. Big Biller is helping me achieve a large part of that goal.

PROS

The search features for candidates and targeted markets are very reliable. The Hot List features allow you to create a system within a system and customize the system for your own use regardless of industry. One of my favorite features is the ability to use "Open Activities" and schedule a future activity or reminder. The system sends you an email in the future as a reminder for follow-up. How cool is that? Big Biller has the best customer/technical service I have ever experienced! They are there when you need them! Friendly, Helpful and Knowledgeable! This system is very affordable and a value for a smaller recruiting shop.

CONS

Report functions need to be ramped up a little. I would also like to see some billing and accounting functions built into the system.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

Best value for the product. People I talked to seemed to care more about helping me. Common sense approach to solving problems.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Wanted more value or the investment for a small firm.

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Old Reliable

Overall for the cost effectiveness of the tool, I would highly recommend Big Biller to anyone looking for an effective ATS/CRM.

PROS

Big Biller is a perfect software with a lot of the basic tools necessary to run an effective business.

CONS

Would like the email logging function to be more robust, but the work around is not complex and works for us.

Reason for choosing Top Echelon

Reputation in the industry as the leader.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Bullhorn was too complex for us with too many bells and whistles that we did not need or use. Plus it was a lot more expensive.

Scott

Staffing and Recruiting, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Top Echelon Software Review

Very pleased with the software. Only 1 time had a backup issue and it was resolved quickly and all the information was there.

PROS

Good software to use if you're a recruiter. Uploading and downloading candidate information. Easy to use. Has many great features that makes it easy to use the software when doing your job. Emailing option is wonderful.

CONS

Sometimes when there are glitches or the software went down and off line, it took time before it came back up.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

It was not a good software to use Needed something that had more options

Darrell

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

An Excellent Value

Excellent. I used another well-known platform previously and was disappointed. Big Biller is a valuable tool.

PROS

The team at BB/Top Echelon is always trying to improve functionality and add new features. Data added to the platform is easily customizable and retrievable. Reports help track recruiter performance.

CONS

I don't use the email features because the graphics seem basic and I like to use advanced tracking.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

PC Recruiter was more expensive and the company did not demonstrate dedication to the user experience. They offer a huge amount of bells and whistles that weren't of value to me.

Amanda

Reviewed November 2020

Great System

Overall we are happy with the switch. The program has many more options than our previous CRM and is a much better value add to the company.

PROS

One of the best things about Big Biller is the amount of areas that are customizable. From access levels for employees to flows and systems.

CONS

There are some glitches in the system. Emails cannot be sent to any yahoo based email addresses, and this has been unfixed for some time now. Also, there are some areas that seem should be customizable that were overlooked, like adding options to the status of people. Customer service can also be slow to respond.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

We had many issues with Bullhorn and the cost vs the services we received no longer made sense.

Brian

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Big Biller Software

Big Biller is easy to learn, but more importantly their tech support is fantastic and always there when I have questions. Also I like that they continue to update the software and take recruiter inputs to make it better.

PROS

I like the pipe lines as I go back to them time after time when I get new job orders. I like that you can parse candidates directly from Linked IN as well as parse multiple resumes at one time.

CONS

The minor issues I have I passed along to tech support and they were incorporated.

Reasons for switching to Top Echelon

Big Biller seemed to be more comprehensive and better for me.

George