Virgin Pulse

Virgin Pulse Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Its also nice you can compete against friends with the different healthy challenges that Virgin Pulse suggests."
  • icon"Very user-friendly and a great application for you and colleagues to maintain accountable to live a health lifestyle."
  • icon"You ca earn money, IF you are willing to constantly follow up with them, to force them to give you credit for the activities you complete and IF you can get their website to work."
  • icon"At times, the application fails to function and I am unable to get all of the information for the day entered."
  • icon"I need to remember the password and log in each time- frustrating. To be linked to Whil sessions are not easy from the phone app."
  • icon"Since steps is what gives me a discount on my insurance, it is critical that it record it as steps. If I manually enter the workout as cycling, it will convert to steps."

Have you used Virgin Pulse and would like to share your experience with others?

All Virgin Pulse Reviews

Daryl

Helps Focus on Health and Fitness

I benefit from this app because it makes me aware of how sedentary I am at my job and it entices me to get up and move to earn rewards.

Pros

I love that this software allows me to keep track of my health and fitness along side my FitBit! Not to mention it's set up through my employer and we can earn up to $400 annually for participating!

Cons

There seems to be a few discrepancies when it comes to getting points toward your total score. Some of the tasks you can complete to earn points don't always work. My co-workers and I have noticed that I'll get points for completing a task and they will complete the same task and won't get the points. Other than that, I highly recommend!

A platform with a well-executed vision that it has changed my behaviors.

I believe this platform delivers an engaging user experience, and based on my experience, the different applications have changed me for the better. Wellness is more critical than ever in today's environment, and this application keeps me logged in and engage in changing my life.

Pros

In comparison to other platforms intended for employee wellness, Virgin Pulse is easy to navigate, and most importantly is very easy to understand my rewards for using each application. Wellness challenges are engaging, and I enjoy logging in every day! The integration with multiple applications for nutrition and wellbeing has helped me eat better and reduce my stress. As a user, I like how I can track my progress and rewards in one location. The web integration to the nutrition application Zipongo is well implemented, and my spouse and I enjoy browsing for new recipes and planning our meals.

Cons

Navigating to other applications in the web platform is easy; however, using different applications in the mobile iOS app is confusing and challenging to navigate. As a user, I don't understand when do I need to enter my credentials for Virgin Pulse vs. the integrated applications like Zipongo or Whil.

Reasons for switching to Virgin Pulse

Corporate directive

Reena

October 2022

Track as you go with Virgin Pulse

Pros

The reminders and updates on your goals and where you are at a given point.

Cons

It is difficult to find certain features. For eg., there are videos I have saved for future reference. But I have trouble finding them each time.

August 2022

Best Employee Engagement Tool

Overall experience is very good. It is helping our employees

Pros

1.Integration with various fitness related services google fit, apple watch 2. Easily create events 3. Allows user to participate user as user or build a team 4. Daily Tips helps a lot. 5,Easy to use application

Cons

1. Application is very good, but needs some improvement in terms of user interface. 2. Required lots of refresh in order to get the progress in the trackcing, 3. Application should refresh automatically.

Reasons for choosing Virgin Pulse

Best user interface.

Irina

Industry: Building Materials

Great took to manage corporate healthy living incentives

Easy track daily activities and gain point for corporate Healthy Living incentives.

Pros

Nice simple to use app that helps track activity, sleep, participation in corporate programs. Daily cards provide good ideas for building good healthy habits. You can create challenges and invite your friends and co-workers to participate.

Cons

The app does have bugs and when they come up with an update you have to log in to the app over and over again. Some programs only work on the Web version (virgin pulse nutrition guides, for example). Sometimes (rarely) the app frizzes and you lose points you gained for the day.

Virgin Pulse Review

It's great.

Pros

This is a great resource to help achieve health goals, especially if your employer is assisting you in reaching them through the financial gains. It is easy to use, and provides a lot of motivating and helpful information with the daily cards and whil.

Cons

The capabilities differ on the mobile site vs. desktop version. There are some things I prefer to do on the website when I can. Often times, my fit bit will not track my steps and I have to manually sync them.

Kyoko

July 2022

Virgin pulse review (wellness)

Not impressed, as it is not updated instantly when the activities (including steps) are completed. Some activities are not capable to be completed directly from virgin puse.

Pros

It's connected to rewards, and it's easy to see how close to get to a reward point.

Cons

a list of activities to earn points are not too clear to many. A connection to fitness pal is not well. calorie counting is a part of virgin pulse activity, although I have to use a separate app (my fitness pal)-complicated. I can't access to Yoga activities(whil) from virgin pulse either, although the activity is listed as a part of virgin pulse.

Easy for new users to learn

Our team has been very happy with Virgin Pulse. The app is easy to use, the connection to your smart fitness tracker is convenient and makes the tool even easier to adopt. I would recommend for other companies.

Pros

Virgin Pulse's app is convenient, user friendly and provides an incentive to use vs the desktop version. It encourages adoption and the majority of people I know who participate in VP use the app.

Cons

Virgin Pulse does have data glitches from time to time (every 2 months approx) where points do not load. I assume it is when new updates are pushed live, but the bugs are relatively frequent compared to other apps.

Love the health tips and steps tracking!

Overall great! It helps me stay healthy and motivates me.

Pros

I love how easy it is to track steps and get trophies for them. I also love the daily health tips that inspire me to live better.

Cons

I don't understand all of the symbols for the trophies. I feel like it would be easier if they had words on them. Also, maybe a helpful tip for using the app could pop up every once in a while, because I feel like there are features I am missing.

Jeff

Avoid Contracting with VirginPulse

I would not utilize their services if left to me independently. Between the type of service they offer, the demeaning “big-brother” aspect of it in employee and employee families lives, and the problems with their software and log in procedures, I find them a problematic company at best.

Pros

I find very little to speak favorably about in regards to Virgin Pulse. They deliver an easy way for employers to try to intervene in the lifestyle of their employees, which is troubling in and off itself. However, in doing so, Virgin Pulse’s services have quirks and problems with their platform and software that make it aggravating to use at times on the end-user side of the platform. And since Virgin Pulse is not beholden to the actual end-user of their service financially, but rather that persons employer, Virgin Pulse does a poor job of improving their software platform and a poor job of handling complaints from the end-user.

Cons

Their software is intrusive to the lives of their end users. They have quirky password policies for end users that make utilizing the software inefficient and often frustrating. They have glitches with email notifications, and a lack of email notifications to give advance notice on their expiring password policies, that cause problems in accessing your account with them. They are not incentivized to help end users appropriately as they seem to just deflect complaints about their system, password and log in policy concerns, etc…

Suzi

Easiest I’ve ever used

Intuitive, easy to use. I earn my HSA credits every term, usually way before the period is over, but I am diligent and find the whole process simple and motivating.

Pros

This software is intuitive and super easy to use. I have yet to be confused or mystified when using it, which happens often with me. It motivates me to exercise, eat right and live an overall healthy lifestyle. It takes about 2 minutes a day to read the daily cards (informative & helpful), and complete the healthy habits. I earn points towards a health savings account, HSA, which I can use towards health care expenses. My insurance is thru my husbands employer and that is how we started. We both find it very useful. I can’t recommend it enough!

Cons

Virtually nothing. There is health assessment form that I had to print out and get my Dr’s office to complete, but since I go once a year anyway, it wasn’t an issue.

LEAH

Virgin Pulse motivates me to be healthier

Virgin pulse has definitely motivated me to get out and walk more. The software is user friendly and for the most part works as it should.

Pros

This software makes it easy and fast to track my healthy habits (walking steps, sleep, calories etc.), deliver great health tips and recipes, as well as motivate me to want to make healthier choices like eating less and going for more walks. Its also nice you can compete against friends with the different healthy challenges that Virgin Pulse suggests.

Cons

Cannot really say anything too negative about this software. It's just so easy to use and it is geared towards your own personal settings. What is not to love?

Risa

Great Gamification of Wellness

At my organization, we use Virgin Pulse as a way to support our wellness initiative. The challenges are fun and it's a great accountability tool for wellness and fitness. It does a great job gamifying the process and providing inspiration to continue.

Pros

- Easy to use their step tracker and link other fitness trackers - Challenges with colleagues are a fun way to hold each other accountable - Challenges outside of our company are also fun ways to build teams and camaraderie - There's a focus on 'wellness' in a broad sense, encouraging participants to view it in a holistic way (e.g. exercise, healthy habits, daily cards that show tips to a well-rounded and healthy life, sleep tracking, nutrition, etc.)

Cons

I have no complaints about Virgin Pulse, except I wish there were rewards past 18,000 points!

Rachel

Good Way to Keep Track of Your Steps and Monitor Your Health

I have enjoyed using Virgin Pulse to keep track of my healthy habits and steps and to enhance my overall health.

Pros

Virgin Pulse allows me to monitor my steps and healthy habits and to receive helpful health information customized to my needs. I am daily challenged to be a better, healthier person.

Cons

At times, the application fails to function and I am unable to get all of the information for the day entered. If I do not enter the health information for that day on that day, there is no way to do so at a later time.

Love Virgin Pulse

Love that Tiny Habits help me make changes, track my progress, and live better. Love Virgin Pulse!

Pros

Love having Virgin Pulse on my phone, laptop, and love the ability to integrate, track, and get daily reminders to do better.

Cons

I have nothing to say but great things about Virgin Pulse and their suite of offerings.

Courtney

A healthy companion

Pros

Virgin Pulse is a motivating app that gives you many ways to track your own performance and connect with peers who also use the app. I love that they give you health tips and you can track your steps.

Cons

I wish the step tracking could sync with what was tracked by my iphone or Fitbit.

Brian

Industry: Oil & Energy

Steals your information

Sucks

Pros

Nothing. It the most security breach, user unfriendly program ever made.

Cons

App rewards users with points for the more personal information inputed. It really wants to be connected to my cell and I refuse for security reasons. Since I refuse, I loose points which are required to get reduced costs on insurance. The absolute worst part is it that every time you try to log in, you are forced to wait for a code to be e-mailed to you. This e-mail always takes over 4 minutes. So never can you just quickly log in and do your required work and log out. Sometimes the email takes so long to receive that when you go to enter the code you get an error that your time has expired to use that code. Then you have to start all over again. All I know is that I loose alot of productivity at work hitting send/receive on my e-mail a hundred times just to log into this worthless software.

Reasons for switching to Virgin Pulse

Was under the impression this would be better. Turns out this is way worse.

avoid as plague

VIRGIN PULSE MUST DISAPPEAR FROM THIS GALAXY

Pros

Nothing. I have to use it to get reduced co-shares and I hate it. It induces stress instead of relieving it

Cons

This app is horrible, is full of nonsensical activities that you have to do on a daily basis to get points, like clicking a bunch of ok buttons and read a bunch of useless information on how to stay healthy. BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT DAILY OR YOU DON'T get the points to reduce your co-shares! It is beyond nonsense that an app that should help you is not only imposed to you, but is also a major cause of stress. The step tracking is horrible, the connection with the device is horrible, I have to open it every evening or it will not download the steps. No, it does not download the steps of previous days. And really, tell the genious designer of this app that we are in the middle of a pandemic! You cannot give me advises like "connect with your friends, go take a walk with them, go visit your family." AND I WILL NOT START TALKING ABOUT THE CLEAR VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY THAT THIS APP IS!

Dan