• Pros

• "Love having Virgin Pulse on my phone, laptop, and love the ability to integrate, track, and get daily reminders to do better. "

• "This software gets our employees up and moving. The setup was easy and the rewards and games are fun."

• "Virgin Pulse's app is convenient, user friendly and provides an incentive to use vs the desktop version. It encourages adoption and the majority of people I know who participate in VP use the app. "

• Cons

• "The syncing part of the software only works with the latest smartphones/ipads. So I ended up installing it on my husband's phone and track things there. Wish it had better backwards compatibility. "

• "I wish the step tracking could sync with what was tracked by my iphone or Fitbit."

• "It lagged every so often in terms of refreshing updates on how far along your progress was, but that was pretty minor"

Browse Virgin Pulse Reviews

Daryl from Wilson Language Training

Helps Focus on Health and Fitness

I benefit from this app because it makes me aware of how sedentary I am at my job and it entices me to get up and move to earn rewards.

Pros

I love that this software allows me to keep track of my health and fitness along side my FitBit! Not to mention it's set up through my employer and we can earn up to $400 annually for participating!

Cons

There seems to be a few discrepancies when it comes to getting points toward your total score. Some of the tasks you can complete to earn points don't always work. My co-workers and I have noticed that I'll get points for completing a task and they will complete the same task and won't get the points. Other than that, I highly recommend!

A platform with a well-executed vision that it has changed my behaviors.

I believe this platform delivers an engaging user experience, and based on my experience, the different applications have changed me for the better. Wellness is more critical than ever in today's environment, and this application keeps me logged in and engage in changing my life.

Pros

In comparison to other platforms intended for employee wellness, Virgin Pulse is easy to navigate, and most importantly is very easy to understand my rewards for using each application. Wellness challenges are engaging, and I enjoy logging in every day! The integration with multiple applications for nutrition and wellbeing has helped me eat better and reduce my stress. As a user, I like how I can track my progress and rewards in one location. The web integration to the nutrition application Zipongo is well implemented, and my spouse and I enjoy browsing for new recipes and planning our meals.

Cons

Navigating to other applications in the web platform is easy; however, using different applications in the mobile iOS app is confusing and challenging to navigate. As a user, I don't understand when do I need to enter my credentials for Virgin Pulse vs. the integrated applications like Zipongo or Whil.

Reasons for Switching to Virgin Pulse

Corporate directive

Sabrina from Johnson Controls

Excellent System for Health Awareness, Support and Accountability

I think the capabilities this software provides is a great way to encourage a healthy lifestyle and do it with people you know and don't know.

Pros

Very user-friendly and a great application for you and colleagues to maintain accountable to live a health lifestyle. Virgin Pulse provides daily knowledge points regarding health and every individual can keep track of what type of activities they do each day. These can be anything regarding physical activity (including sleeping), recycling, nutrition, and social interactions. You are able to earn points, set by your organization and participate in group activities and challenges.

Cons

There is nothing that I have found that I do not like regarding this software application

Virgin Pulse Review

It's great.

Pros

This is a great resource to help achieve health goals, especially if your employer is assisting you in reaching them through the financial gains. It is easy to use, and provides a lot of motivating and helpful information with the daily cards and whil.

Cons

The capabilities differ on the mobile site vs. desktop version. There are some things I prefer to do on the website when I can. Often times, my fit bit will not track my steps and I have to manually sync them.

Rachel from Kaplan Test Prep

Good Way to Keep Track of Your Steps and Monitor Your Health

I have enjoyed using Virgin Pulse to keep track of my healthy habits and steps and to enhance my overall health.

Pros

Virgin Pulse allows me to monitor my steps and healthy habits and to receive helpful health information customized to my needs. I am daily challenged to be a better, healthier person.

Cons

At times, the application fails to function and I am unable to get all of the information for the day entered. If I do not enter the health information for that day on that day, there is no way to do so at a later time.

avoid as plague

VIRGIN PULSE MUST DISAPPEAR FROM THIS GALAXY

Pros

Nothing. I have to use it to get reduced co-shares and I hate it. It induces stress instead of relieving it

Cons

This app is horrible, is full of nonsensical activities that you have to do on a daily basis to get points, like clicking a bunch of ok buttons and read a bunch of useless information on how to stay healthy. BUT YOU HAVE TO DO IT DAILY OR YOU DON'T get the points to reduce your co-shares! It is beyond nonsense that an app that should help you is not only imposed to you, but is also a major cause of stress. The step tracking is horrible, the connection with the device is horrible, I have to open it every evening or it will not download the steps. No, it does not download the steps of previous days. And really, tell the genious designer of this app that we are in the middle of a pandemic! You cannot give me advises like "connect with your friends, go take a walk with them, go visit your family." AND I WILL NOT START TALKING ABOUT THE CLEAR VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY THAT THIS APP IS!

Irina from Owens Corning

Industry: Building Materials

Great took to manage corporate healthy living incentives

Easy track daily activities and gain point for corporate Healthy Living incentives.

Pros

Nice simple to use app that helps track activity, sleep, participation in corporate programs. Daily cards provide good ideas for building good healthy habits. You can create challenges and invite your friends and co-workers to participate.

Cons

The app does have bugs and when they come up with an update you have to log in to the app over and over again. Some programs only work on the Web version (virgin pulse nutrition guides, for example). Sometimes (rarely) the app frizzes and you lose points you gained for the day.

Brian from Western Energy Sales

Industry: Oil & Energy

Steals your information

Sucks

Pros

Nothing. It the most security breach, user unfriendly program ever made.

Cons

App rewards users with points for the more personal information inputed. It really wants to be connected to my cell and I refuse for security reasons. Since I refuse, I loose points which are required to get reduced costs on insurance. The absolute worst part is it that every time you try to log in, you are forced to wait for a code to be e-mailed to you. This e-mail always takes over 4 minutes. So never can you just quickly log in and do your required work and log out. Sometimes the email takes so long to receive that when you go to enter the code you get an error that your time has expired to use that code. Then you have to start all over again. All I know is that I loose alot of productivity at work hitting send/receive on my e-mail a hundred times just to log into this worthless software.

Reasons for Switching to Virgin Pulse

Was under the impression this would be better. Turns out this is way worse.

Love the health tips and steps tracking!

Overall great! It helps me stay healthy and motivates me.

Pros

I love how easy it is to track steps and get trophies for them. I also love the daily health tips that inspire me to live better.

Cons

I don't understand all of the symbols for the trophies. I feel like it would be easier if they had words on them. Also, maybe a helpful tip for using the app could pop up every once in a while, because I feel like there are features I am missing.

Grant from New Era

Virgin Pulse Review

I like Virgin Pulse overall and will continue to use it to track my health.

Pros

I like that it keeps me aware of my daily activity and pushes me to be more active.

Cons

The mobile app is not the most user friendly and navigating can be difficult

Risa from Bottom Line

Great Gamification of Wellness

At my organization, we use Virgin Pulse as a way to support our wellness initiative. The challenges are fun and it's a great accountability tool for wellness and fitness. It does a great job gamifying the process and providing inspiration to continue.

Pros

- Easy to use their step tracker and link other fitness trackers - Challenges with colleagues are a fun way to hold each other accountable - Challenges outside of our company are also fun ways to build teams and camaraderie - There's a focus on 'wellness' in a broad sense, encouraging participants to view it in a holistic way (e.g. exercise, healthy habits, daily cards that show tips to a well-rounded and healthy life, sleep tracking, nutrition, etc.)

Cons

I have no complaints about Virgin Pulse, except I wish there were rewards past 18,000 points!

Easy for new users to learn

Our team has been very happy with Virgin Pulse. The app is easy to use, the connection to your smart fitness tracker is convenient and makes the tool even easier to adopt. I would recommend for other companies.

Pros

Cons

Virgin Pulse does have data glitches from time to time (every 2 months approx) where points do not load. I assume it is when new updates are pushed live, but the bugs are relatively frequent compared to other apps.

LEAH from Training

Great app for motivating healthy habits!

Virgin Pulse definitely put a lot of thought behind their app. Lots of fun daily challenges and team competitions to make you get healthy!

Pros

The interface is organized nicely. You can track so many healthy habits and go back and look at them by the week. The tips and challenges are great too. They make people want to get up and walk for some inner and outer company competitions! I am more likely to get up from my desk to get some steps in. Thanks Virgin Pulse!

Love Virgin Pulse

Love that Tiny Habits help me make changes, track my progress, and live better. Love Virgin Pulse!

Pros

Cons

I have nothing to say but great things about Virgin Pulse and their suite of offerings.

Courtney from Bottom Line

A healthy companion

Pros

Virgin Pulse is a motivating app that gives you many ways to track your own performance and connect with peers who also use the app. I love that they give you health tips and you can track your steps.

Dan from Publishing

Awful

I wish my company would drop them all together, so we could go with a better company.

Pros

You ca earn money, IF you are willing to constantly follow up with them, to force them to give you credit for the activities you complete and IF you can get their website to work.

Cons

It is absurdly faulty. It constantly drops your progress, or forces you to follow a "verify your account with a security code sent to your email" process, even when you access their website from the same browser or the same computer on the same network EVERY SINGLE TIME. They never give you the rewards you have earned, unless you follow up with them. Their customer support for the software is deplorable. The people you speak to never have the knowledge or the ability to fix the issues of their faulty system, and they always try to turn it around and blame you, and then try to dump you into an Email Queue once you point out their lies.

Kandice from ULTIMATE SOFTWARE CA

Sad that my company no longer uses this

When my company stopped using this I was actually really sad because I felt like the motivation needed to earn my steps as well as have friendly challenges with co workers. The new platform that my company uses does not motivate me to want to live a healthy fitness life the way this software did.

Pros

This would sync with a fitness tracker on how many steps you walked, along with how much physical activity you were getting each day. Earning points was really straightforward and I really felt like I EARNED my reward when I reached the goal at the end of the quarter and I was really motivated to hit all my points for the day. I felt like when I redeemed a gift card for my hard earned points it really was a well-deserved reward that made me feel good physically and mentally.

Chris from Trinity Church United Methodis

We love it.

Pros

Cons

Nothing. There is honestly nothing I dislike about this product.

Elysha from Ultimate Software

Simple and Easy to Use

Pros

Virgin Pulse was extremely simple and easy to use. All you had to do was setup your account, wear the tracking device (pedometer) by clipping it on, and then the steps were tracked easily throughout your day. It took very little effort to learn how it works and to utilize it in your daily life and work out routines.

Cons

The pedometer/tracking device was easy to lose as it was a small gadget.

Mila from SISTERS OF ST JOSEPH OF ORANGE

Great Health Incentive Program

User friendly and easy to access.

Pros

I like that is easy to keep track of your healthy habits, daily steps, and exercise. You can see your colleagues status and that be your motivation. You can also download the app and it's much easier to navigate to.

Cons

The least I like is that the profile picture you upload to your account is not big enough. For example, if you want to look at your colleagues profile picture it shows up in a mini version which is hard to see.

Mike from American Family Insurance

Industry: Information Services

Great Health Program

Pros

I liked how easy the software made it to track healthy habits.

Cons

The software had trouble connecting to server at points.

Megan from Wellness & Fitness

Convenient Accountability

Pros

Ease of use, great daily tips, great rewards.

Cons

Nothing. This is a great program that all employers should use.

It is fun and helpful

Our company implemented this new app for 2019 so I am still new to it, but so far I am a fan. The journeys are a little hard to follow, but I am slowly figuring them out.

Pros

I like that we can have challenges among coworkers. It's nice to have an opportunity to earn rewards for being healthy. I do wish our company would increase the maximum amount that we can earn though!

Cons

The journeys are a little hard to follow. The interface is not 100% intuitive in my opinion. You really have to click around a lot to find what you are looking for. I am sure it will be easier as time goes on and I continue to use it though.

Ivana from Redbox

Virgin Pulse helps you stay healthy even on a busy schedule

I've started using Virgin Pulse few months ago and never looked back. It has helped with keeping me active and motivated. It has also helped my team with the possibility to challenge ourselves and keep us on the healthy track.

Pros

I loved the daily cards, suggestions and tips to stay active during your working hours. I loved the possibility to connect an array of devices to track your overall health and well being - all in all, virgin Pulse is my go-to app for staying healthy on a busy schedule!

Cons

The only thing was that I was having trouble connect some of my wellness programs.

Robert from DCP Midstream

Industry: Oil & Energy

Poor design, interfaces, and data entry

This is a horrible app and software. Any software that won't allow users to correct or delete data, it terrible. If I wasn't forced to use it by my company, I never would. Avoid frustrating your employees. Don't use this ever.

Pros

It links with several apps and devices. It is available as an app for the phone as well as a web page.

Cons

It will not allow you to correct or delete erroneous data. You can increase time for workouts but not decrease. When correcting data, it does not correct it, it erroneously adds a new workout which then cannot be deleted. It will sync with Samsung Health, but it will only sync steps. It won't sync activity and it won't sync sleep. You'll need different apps or devices for that. It syncs with Strava for cyclists like myself. It will sync the activity but it won't convert to steps. Since steps is what gives me a discount on my insurance, it is critical that it record it as steps. If I manually enter the workout as cycling, it will convert to steps. However, if synced to Strava, you'll now have both the Strava entry and the manual workout. There is no way to delete the Strava data or any other data.

Ashley from Embrace Home Loans

Virgin Pulse Wellness Platform

Pros

It's easy to roll out to our employees and is compatible with multiple fitness trackers. We did the Global Challenge last year with a lot of participation and moved to the regular platform in 2019. It keeps our employees engaged in wellness activities.

Cons

The mobile app is not as comprehensive as the website. I wish they were similar in features.

Company works with your employer to deny points

They're awesome at illogical explanations for their incompetence. Not so good at actually rectifying their mistakes. My heart goes out to any employee that has to use this app.

Pros

Nothing to like. They trick you into thinking that the app works as advertised. And it does, for awhile. But interestingly, it seems to malfunction the closer one gets to the end of points earning season.

Cons

The app stops working. It stops importing steps. By the time one realizes this has happened, it's too late to correct the issue. Virgin pulse refuses to add the points. Is this just a coincidence or is it a subtle way to deny an employee earned points so they do not qualify for a reduced premium? Seems to not be a coincidence.

Waste of Time

This was supposd to promote health and wellness, but all becomes is a time suck and way to hide any value

Pros

I cannot point to anything that I liked. Difficult to use, impossible to get rewards and just loaded with nonsense

Cons

I liked everything about this tied for least. It's a time suck, the challenges are nonsense and it seems like they're trying to a land grab of contact information

Be from OHI

Device stopped working and service unable to solve.

Would not recommend.

Pros

Inexpensive, fairly easy to use/set up.

Cons

Device stopped working/charging and customer service was unable to resolve issue.

Bao from Schneider Electric

very poor support staff over the phone

Pros

able to track your daily activity and lots of optional feature

Cons

support on the phone is terrible. not helpful and very rude