All Virtuagym Reviews

Oliver

Reviewed August 2018

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

PROS

The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

CONS

In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

Hi Oliver, Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it! We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future! If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email! - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Replied August 2018

Alexander

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

What you see is what you get

Fantastic customer care experience, guided setup done with patience from one of their stuff, always available via phone for quick questions, the product is sleak and customisable to a great extent even without purchasing extra packets

PROS

Full Features and the pricing scales depending on your business size. That means that you get full service no matter how small your business is. Once you grow, you start paying more. It's a fair model

CONS

Still no Onefit integration but it's really a minor thing. I cannot find anything else to fault them for

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

Fitmanager and Everfit (same company) charge you for each location you open. This might be good for a gym but it cannot apply to a bootcamp outdoors. You just have small groups of people here and there. They were not flexible enough to allow for this and the costs would have been too high.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Very expensive, very limited for a basic packet, not optimised for Europe (irrespective of what they like to claim)

Dear, Alexander Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear you've encountered so many benefits in your product and the tools we have built for our clients to not only meet but exceed their expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will continue to do our best when providing our clients with topnotch services as you all deserve! We look forward to excelling in every aspect of our services and making all the necessary efforts to be part of your business growth. Once again, your review is highly appreciated! Sending you all the best, Your Virtuagym Family.

Replied April 2020

Joost

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2016

VG can be big

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can. I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

PROS

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress". Has a lot to offer. The foodapp is great Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT. Extra pay options are good.

CONS

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises. App is not ready for Ipad. Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions. Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor. Taskapp is not easy to use.

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

Replied July 2016

Steven

Reviewed April 2023

Consumer Feedback

Overall, I am happy with the functions of the product. The team has shown a tremendous desire to meet any of my goals and needs and works in collaboration with their clients. They have helped me set the system up after transferring from a competitor, the client experience is outstanding, the tools available are great for gym specific needs. I am completely satisfied with the product and only wish to see some advancements in payroll processing to reduce management time.

PROS

I enjoy the ease of communication between club goals and client goals. The use of the message boards, program design tools, app sign in functions, and scheduling have helped make this product a great success for our team and for communicating with our members

CONS

I dislike the inability to track payroll. Payroll has become a manual process where each day needs to be logged and accounted for rather than automated through services rendered. Further, the inability to adjust previously logged sessions: i.e. book a client, client cannot show up, scheduled time of appointment has passed, and we cannot undue the session. Makes it difficult to track sessions completed and payroll.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

Progressive change in client experience and club functionalities

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Looking for a change and a more fitness specific app and operation.

Hi there, Thank you so much for this great review. We appreciate your feedback and will discuss this with our team. If you would like to elaborate further on your feedback I want to invite you to send an email to support@virtuagym.com. We are always happy to help and are ready for your questions. With kinds regards, Team Virtuagym

Replied August 2023

Jessica

Reviewed December 2021

I love this product for my fitness studio!

I really appreciated the thorough training across multiple weeks on setting up the software to align with my brand & how to use it the way that best fits my needs as a small town fitness studio. The customer has been fabulous if I ever need to reach out, and my customers seem to enjoy the app experience. It’s great to have a community area that’s away from social media for them, plus they can track their progress & receive extra coaching from me there. It’s been a crucial part of my operation of a small, class-based boutique fitness studio over the last year!

PROS

I like that I have a custom app for my members to book the classes we schedule, and that it handles all of the transactions for memberships, goods, & services digitally. I don’t have a cash register in my fitness studio, and everyone can use this app.

CONS

My biggest struggles with the software are mainly due to tech issues to fully utilize the software AND represent all that I want to in the app, which are probably more due to user error.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

The quick & helpful response to trying out the software + the customization options won me over.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a valuable review. We work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know that our efforts have been paying off. As for the difficulties you have had, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com for assistance and we will be glad to help! Team Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Rita

Reviewed May 2021

Not Worth the Hassle

Not that great, since the person who told me about the software told me that I had to only give a month's notice for my license to be cancelled, but I am told I have to give a YEAR's notice. I'd also rate the customer service a 2.5 at best, as they like to blame you, the customer, for any issues.

PROS

Ease of putting in client info, though I did not like that everyone was automatically a male. Very strange.

CONS

If you have clients who have expirations for packages, the software does not keep track of it as users book classes, nor does it keep track of the number of credits left as clients use them. You are only aware when there is none left. There is a pop up that pops up each and every time you log on, even if you click on "no thanks" for the notifications.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Mindbody increased their pricing, and I could not afford to keep it. I desperately wish I could.

Dear Rita, Thank you for your review. I do think that there was some misunderstanding so I hope we can help to clarify. You had originally purchased the system back in 2018 and used it fully and frequently for 2.5 years without any complaints. So it seems that you were pretty satisfied with the system overall. Data on packages is available in the Business Analytics section of your portal. When you purchase the system, there are 3 separate instances where the 12 months agreement is discussed, we never conceal our T&C. So much so that your agreement is available to you any time in your portal. The 1 month cancellation notice is part of that agreement. 30 days prior to the end of the 12 months cycle, you can give notice that you do not wish to renew. Respecting your long relationship with Virtuagym, we even went as far as waive the entire remaining 6 months on your license in favor of a smaller payout of 3 months. Sadly instead you threatened us with bad reviews :( All the best!

Replied May 2021

Valarie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great for clients, not yet great for the business end

We were super excited when we found this software, and thought it could do everything we needed. But as we got into the set up and transferring from our old system it was honestly a bit of a let down. It is a better experience for our clients and that is why we are sticking with it but really hope to see some development on the back end side of it so it allows us to more easily run our business.

PROS

The customer side of this is great. Being able to adjust the app as we want and the ability to program for clients right in the app is awesome. We are getting great reviews from our clients.

CONS

The business side of things need some work. There are very simple functions that the system can not yet do like; limit sale of a membership, integrate scheduling types (appointments, classes, enrollments), adjust membership and invoice dates (after expiry, adjusting payment processing...), payroll report function. It makes it a lot harder on our end to manage our business.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

We THOUGHT it would do everything we needed and was some bonuses on the client side.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

We were not happy with the price increases of MB and the current functionality

Dear Valarie, Thank you for sharing your Virtuagym experience! We're glad to hear that our all in one solution has allowed your business to connect with your members while driving engagement and revenue. Also, your feedback is very relevant to us as we continue to strive to become the most complete and functional solution for our clients. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you need us by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll make sure to address all questions and keep in mind any suggestions you may have to improve the system overall. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family!

Replied July 2020

Brian

Reviewed September 2020

Not Ideal for Small Business Users

I wasn't happy with the onboarding process as training was mostly independent and delay response time from support team. There was no option to buy out of 12 month agreement due to dissatisfaction with the product so you're left with a product that you dread to use. Only made use of their software for a couple months before switching to another product. Currently waiting for terms of agreement to expire so I don't have to see my account being billed by them.

PROS

I enjoyed the community board feature where updates can be posted in real time to the group/clients which promotes interaction. The app user friendly according to member feedback.

CONS

Not ideal for martial arts based businesses. The templates and features within the software seem catered more towards larger chain gyms/health clubs to track fitness stats important to personal training and traditional group fitness classes. The initial sales call made it appear that it would be easier for a small business to use, but it didn't feel like that at all.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

I only considered this product because I was on a time crunch for my Grand Opening and I needed something simple (which it was not) and something inexpensive.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Way more user friendly. Onboarding was a more pleasant experience very timely responses from support staff. Setting up workflow management and students was extremely easy. Way less stress in how this manages my business

Dear Brian, Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that our community and engagement module has become such a great tool for you to connect with your members! Our main goal is to continue improving while providing our clients with the most seamless and complete all-in-one solution package. Your feedback will be definitely taken into consideration. If you ever need assistance, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com, we will be happy to help! With warm regards, The Virtuagym Team!

Replied September 2020

Jodie

Reviewed March 2020

Great Options and Features

PROS

We wanted to set ourselves apart from all other Fitness Facilities in the area. Virtuagym gave us that ability. We were able to create and customize an App specific to our needs and have the ability to make changes as needed as we grow. I love that everything is in one place and we easily view sales and memberships.

CONS

Some of the functions are not as user friendly as others. There seems to be added steps that could be better set up especially in Point of Sale. It was a learning curve to switch to a new system for us, but it seems to be working smoothly now.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

The customized App was the selling point for us. We also receive more for our money with Virtuagym.

"Dear, Jodie Thank you for your review, We are glad to hear that Virtuagym has become such a great asset to your business. We love the fact that you find our custom app a useful tool for your needs! Your feedback is very valuable and we would like to hear more about those steps you consider unnecessary. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA31136 in the subject line so we can set up a time to chat about your ideas and feedback. (remember, they are doing us a favor by spending their time on us to give us feedback, make it sound valuable to us as well) Looking forward to hearing from you! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family"

Replied April 2020

Senne

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Review Virtuagym

Good

PROS

Moving exercises, clear for the clients when they repeat a workout

CONS

The way the workouts do not always appear in the clients 'beweegkalender'

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

We were active with PT TOOL, but we were not always happy about the software

Janine

Reviewed January 2020

DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE

Dealing with virtuagym has been an absolute nightmare. If I could give it less than zero stars, I would.

PROS

The only positive thing about virtuagym is being able to put our company's circuits in the app for clients to use during open session. However, we were told that we'd be able to film and upload our own exercises and that has only worked once. I've spent HOURS editing and uploading videos only to have them not work. It's beyond frustrating. It took 3 weeks to hear back about this issue and all I received was "Currently, there is a bug that is affecting a few portals the same way and it is almost ready for deployment by our software developers." 6 weeks later and the videos still don't work.

CONS

Everything about this software is a joke. We've had countless issues dealing with them and little resolve. The biggest issue we've had is the "system" copying contracts and adding unpaid credits to client’s profiles. We've had over 130 credits applied which is over $10,000 worth of sessions. I work for a small business and if we hadn't noticed this, we would be out of business. We’ve had contracts ended and added by the “system” as well discounts being added or not removed. It takes days, sometimes weeks to hear back from anyone about anything. When they email asking if the “ticket” has been resolved and I say no, they close the ticket out and we never hear back from them regarding the issue. I’ve been asking for weeks to get a call with upper management for my boss to speak with someone and we finally got something worked out and the call was canceled and hour before it was supposed to happen. I would use extreme caution doing business with them. I was not a part of the company when we brought VirtuaGym on, but they must have a good sales team. However, that’s where it ends.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

I was not a part of the company when they made the change, but the main reason was because virtuagym offers an app for the clients to use, but again, we can't upload our own videos into our circuits like we were promised so we probably won't be using them much longer.

Hello Janine, We are of course very sorry to hear that you have had such an unfortunate experience. When dealing with software technology it is impossible to avoid bugs, issues, and glitches even for large companies like Google, Apple, Netflix, and Facebook. That, of course, does not make it any better for you as a business and can take away precious time and occasionally money. Unfortunately some fixes take time, more time than desirable and the support team do their best to answer client queries in response to the problems. It seems that in your case, the situation was not handled to your satisfaction and we would be happy to discuss it with you in further detail. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com and put reference code AH34431 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!

Replied February 2020

Stephanie

Reviewed December 2019

Virtuagym is a SCAM

We never agreed to a start date and were charged for a start date, and have since been charged on a monthly basis, despite having expressed (both via email and via phone conversations) that we were not comfortable with moving forward and wanted to pause on any kind of start date. Meetings have been canceled last minute, representatives that we have worked with are all of a sudden "no longer with the company" or have decided to take an impromptu vacation the day after you spoke with them about another call that week. When expressing cancelation of the service, we were told for the first time that we signed a contract for 12 months, and that it is clearly stated in the "terms and conditions", a box that was checked upon submitting a setup fee payment for the TRIAL service. When we said we didn't realize that the terms and conditions listed a 12 month contract, we were told that "it is not their responsibility to make sure we understand the terms and conditions". THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.

PROS

They have a great sales team which will convince you that they have amazing customer support, an innovative platform and can meet all of your business's needs. Moments after your first phone call, you will be unknowingly entered into a 12 month contract.

CONS

You cannot contact any employee directly. There are no public phone numbers. You cannot speak with anyone of management level or above to escalate any issues. You don't even get a personal email address -- your only point of contact is a ClientServices@virtuagym email address that says someone will get back to you within 3 days..... REAL helpful when you're trying to run a business with their software and then you can't get any support in crucial moments.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Virtuagym was convincing enough to lead us to believe that they had more to offer our customers for less money per month.

Dear Stephanie, Thank you for your feedback on the experience you have had with Virtuagym. The 12 months agreement is a term that is clearly stated and must be accepted before a payment can be processed. Indefinitely delayed start dates are unfortunately not an option. A sale cannot be closed without a start date entered by the client. We can, of course, understand how that may not work for some of our clients and we are sorry to see you go.

Replied February 2020

Yormica

Reviewed September 2021

Review of my experience with Virtuagym

AWESOME FROM DAY 1. I LOVE THAT I CAN SPEAK TO A LIVE REP. That's what sold me over other options.

PROS

I like that I can add this as an additional option for my clients, especially because my business is already virtually based.

CONS

I do not like the credits. They can be a bit confusing to explain to a large base of clients.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Virtuagym offered more options that I was looking for, is easier to use and I have received one-on-one support from Day 1.

Dear Yormica, Thank you for providing us with your valuable insight! We're delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. Please feel welcome to reach out to our support team at support@virtuagym.com so we can learn more about the difficulties you have experienced with the credits system and answer all of your questions. Team Virtuagym

Replied September 2021

Colten

Reviewed October 2021

Great customer service and timeliness!

Overall, I'm please with our new software company, Virtuagym. They've been able to answer any and all questions that we've had.

PROS

I love how user-friendly Virtuagym has been. From the sign up process to the member management, the system is very easy to work with.

CONS

The transition from our previous software company to Virtuagym could've got a little easier, specifically talking about the transferring of payment methods. We're struggling to get ALL of our current members involved with the app and to set up their payment methods.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

We were looking for more of a user-friendly system for our employees. Not only that, we wanted more of a cost effective solution to get our members involved at the gym. Virtuagym has done that for us, and more!

Dear Colten, Thank you for proving us with your valuable feedback! We work very hard to ensure we provide a high-notch and user-friendly system, so it truly means a lot to know that our efforts are paying off. On another note, we know that migrating to a new system might be hard, so please do not hesitate to contact us at support@virtuagym.com to better assist you with this matter. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us, we're very appreciative of your kind words. Team Virtuagym

Replied October 2021

Gregg

Reviewed August 2020

COULD BE AWESOME BUT IT NOT

Lack honesty and integrity: they have been dishonest on a number of occassions adn never admit that they are lying to you. They promised us a payment provider other than PayPal in 2016, and we are still waiting. They dont seem to care that much for clients outside of The Netherlands. Very poor support: take too long to return communications, many customers IOS APP's have not been updated since 2018 when they claimed to have notified us all about a change in Apple App store policy and even after two years of apps not being updated they belived it was not their responsibility to assist their customers. During COVID closure they continued to charge full price and even took extra payments out of our account while we were closed and had no income.

PROS

WORKOUT BUILDER Extensive exericse library and custom exercises (including videos) are easy to add. MOBILE APPS There are Andriod and IOS App for customers and a Coaching App for coaches to use. They are good when they work. MANY FEATURES They provide features for Club management, and for coaches and customers. Have not found another software company that address all three well.

CONS

EXTREMELY OVERPRICED. Im a small owner operator and they charge me $300AUD a month. BUGS GALORE .It often has bugs and therefore doesnt work efficiently. IOS MOBILE APP - Has not been updated since 2018 and it has taken me over 2 months to get them to do it.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

At the time they had a much better quality product back in 2016.

Hello Gregg, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you find our workouts and coaching module easy to use along with the features we provide for club management. Your feedback is deeply appreciated, although we work very hard day by day trying to provide our clients with the top-notch service they deserve, there will be times in which technology will have us facing certain obstacles. The areas of opportunity you've mentioned will allow us to continue assessing our priorities with a better focus as we move along into a path of success. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you feel like it by emailing us at support@virtguagym.com we'll be ready to help! All the best. Virtuagym,

Replied August 2020

Amieris

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Thankful for this App!

Overall, our organization is happy with our choice to move to virtuagym. There are some features that we want to see the app develop into, but it offers a benefit to our internal team and clients.

PROS

-The new business analytics feature is going to a wonderful asset to our team -Setting up the app was clear- we had a lot of support from the team -We are able to manage various calendars and systems -The system is very user friendly -There are clear ways to customize the experience -customer service is pretty responsive to the needs of our organization

CONS

-We currently use Daxko billing software and the two systems do not naturally integrate. So our membership data doesn't track into Virtuagym -Programs aren't as customizable as we would like. Individuals have to have their own distinct log in and app in order to sign up for classes- it makes it difficult for doing open community events, or for parents/guardians to sign up their minor child to a class. (i.e people should be able to sign up for more than one slot. -The notifications/move reminders sent to clients-want to have that turned off -We had to work to have weight removed from the first questions that app asked -Overall, we want to have a more "holistic wellness" approach and this app is very normative in its approach to health.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Neither of the product we were using were user friendly, or easy to manage on the back end. The apps weren't customizable and didn't provide any analytics.

Dear Amieris, We are delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. It is exciting to know that our system has met your expectations! we work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a very high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know our efforts have been paying off. As for the integration with Daxko, this is not currently part of our system but we will, of course, take your feedback into consideration for future planning. Let us remind you to share any further questions and ideas by emailing us at support@virtuagym.com. Team Virtuagym

Replied February 2022