Applied Epic Software Reviews

Applied Epic Software Reviews

Find out more:

Recommendations

Find out more:

• icon"I chose this product over others because accurate reporting is most important to us. Also the customer service is live and immediate."
  • icon"Customer service is extremely helpful. There are so many different things you can do with Applied that it makes me wonder how we managed before we had it."
  • icon"Great management system that's clear and easy to use. I am able to run accurate sales reports and log any tasks and notes."
  • icon"Sometimes when it is stalling or not working correctly we literally can't do anything until it is fixed. We depend very much on this system."
  • icon"We have several large clients that have 200+ locations so it is difficult listing that many locations on the Epic property app."
  • icon"Horrific learning curve for new users. Investors owning Applied also own chunks of large insurance brokerages have made it appear as the top product."

All Applied Epic Reviews

Rebecca

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Amazing Software

Tyler

Best P&C Insurance Tool on the Market

Pros

Epic is an easy tool to use whether you’re using the service side, admin/reporting side or using the accounting features. Since working at my current company, I’ve used it for all three. It’s structured and easy to train on.

Cons

I wish that Epic had a better Benefits setup. I’m hopeful that with the recent purchase of TechCanary Applied will be able to provide a better Benefits tool.

Colle

Tough to learn, lots of great tools

After getting used to the new work flow created with this platform I thought it was great for lead management and reminders for daily tasks. It was not the most friendly for the sales process when it came to wanting to quickly go through your work flow.

Pros

I think the managerial positions like this platform a bit more than the day-to-day salesman. It can run a lot of useful reports and does a great job with lead management.

Cons

It took a while to learn and get into a good work flow. There are a lot of extra steps added in the sales process to appropriately document that I think could be better streamlined.

Reasons for switching to Applied Epic

Company management made that decision as the prior platform was outdated and not useful for reporting.

Nichole

October 2022

Applied Epic

Pros

Makes life as an agent so much simpler. It allows for ease of use, tracking the client and their needs, as compared to paper and pencil.

Cons

There honestly is nothing that I don't like.

Douglas

Best of the Available Agency Management Systems

Over all I think EPIC s ok, but it clearly does not live up to its name as being "EPIC" Personally I think that Vision did many things better then EPIC, specifically when it comes to search ability of attachments.

Pros

I like how EPIC has built upon its predecessors TAM, Applied and Vision so that some of your past experience on their older systems can be applied to the new system. Attachments and emails are very easy to add to the system to be stored.

Cons

Many features in EPIC are worse than they were in previous versions. 1 - Attachment Folders were much better in Vision then Epic. Easier to find files than it is now 2 - canceling a policy in Epic does not change the expiration date on the policy in Epic as it historically did in Vision. 3- The attachment sorting and search function is worse now then in Vision. 4 - Many functions within policy acords such as import and export are not accessible from some screens that they should be accessible. 5 - System still lacks any real visual way for tracking in process items in ways that are popular with software and program developers. 6- System lacks the ability to easily store underwriter contacts information on a global level 7- Sending emails from within Epic lack most of the functionality within Outlook including signatures.

I used this program at a different job.

Pros

This is, by far, the best Insurance Agency Management Software! Everything is easily accessed. Great integration with email services. Extremely organized layout. I miss using this product and will certainly advocate it at every step I am able.

Cons

I dislike the fact that my current employer is not using this fantastic program. As mentioned above, I will advocate for the use of this product at every step! Great job Applied.

Reasons for switching to Applied Epic

My old employer switched from AMS360 to Applied EPIC due to the better overall experience, integration and, I believe, value over price.

Summer

Applied Epic for Commercial Insurance

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to search for a customer by partial policy number if you do not have access to the full policy number. Also, it seems to crash quite a bit

Anne

April 2022

Logiciel conçu pour gros Cabinets

Difficile mais les personnes au support sont très dévouées pour nous aider

Pros

Rapports dans Epic c’est bien lettres marketing

Cons

Trop compliqué à intégrer pour petit cabinet qui n’a pas de ressources et trop dispendieux + comptables trouve trop compliqué et pas de log qui fait quoi et qu’elle heure j’ai subit un vol de données et Epic n’a pas été en mesure de vérifier qui a télécharge les listes clients et quand

Reasons for choosing Applied Epic

On disait qu’Il était très automatisé

Functional in some ways

Pros

It is user friendly. Clear and easy to understand. The reports are nice to have.

Cons

The certificate process is redundant. The box checking is ridiculous. Everything takes 3x as long. The accounting is not fun either.

Maddie

May 2022

Great product for integrating all of our work

Pros

Integrates all of our work (invoicing, documents, letters, attachments, etc) in one place

Cons

Can be slow/ freeze at times and have delayed uploading for documents

Merryl Princess

Great Insurance Platform

Overall the product does what we need and offers more than enough data management to help with all of our services.

Pros

It takes some time to learn the system, but the more I use it the more I like it. My agency has been running with this since I came on board and it has some really great features.

Cons

As much as I like the product it does require thorough training. I had to take thorough notes and spend quite a few hours of due diligence to figure out some of the basic functions.

Gretchen

October 2022

Management system

Requoting a client was easy to do

Pros

I liked how you could quote and existing client from their home screen just by a click of a tab

Cons

The different screens need to get where you needed to go

Wayne

Epic will transform the way your agency operates.

Overall Epic is what I would consider the best in the industry. They continue to reinvest in the platform and build or acquire companies that will complement the platform. They have purchased IVANS to help with download which works well with Epic. Indio was recently purchased to help with application completion and eSignatures as well as vehicle, drivers, and equipment schedule reviews. Epic is fast and lightweight to install and use on Windows computers. We have had a really great experience using this software and we have no plans of switching from Applied Systems Epic anytime soon or probably ever.

Pros

We used Applied Systems TAM for many years and Epic was such a needed upgrade. With Epic all of the limitation and hurdles you had in TAM were gone and a ton of new features were instantly available. The product keeps getting better year after year. The 2019 release brought in lot of new tools one of which was being able to change producer commission with a reassign utility. Doing something like this in the past was days worth of work and payroll to get it done. Now it is done in moment. There is also lots of cloud features available in Epic with sales automation dashboard, Indio sync, CSR24 integration. Epic also works great over the internet. We recently had to send all of our employees home to work and Epic is working just as good as it did in the office. I can’t say enough good things about Applied Systems Epic. It is a great platform for your agency to use and grow with.

Cons

The biggest down side to Epic is the amount of time and money it takes to migrate from your old management system to Epic. Even if you were starting out brand new there is a lot of initial software configuration required to get the system up and running. Things like when these system events happen what else should happen, and activity defaults need to be configured, the list goes on and on. However, Applied System will assist with this initial setup for a fee. I do recommend you use them for setup or find an expect that has worked with Epic before. Getting Epic setup properly in the beginning will keep you from having a lot of other problems and save time in the future. Employee training is also a big hurdle to over come when switching or going live on Epic. Make sure your employees take the time to do all of the training ahead of time it will help a lot. It took us about a year to have all of the staff comfortable using Epic. With all of this being said changing management systems is always going to have similar issues.

Reasons for choosing Applied Epic

We were already using Applied Systems TAM which Epic replaced. That made the choice to switch to Epic much easier. Although it didn’t make converting that much easier that was still a lot of work because of how different the two systems underlying technology works.

Katherine

Applied EPIC 2018

I've used Applied products before, and EPIC with a prior agency. When we moved to EPIC with my current agency, we were coming from an antiquated system, that was very cumbersome and not at all user friendly. We also had to have separate rating system, separate document management system, and were unable to download with most carriers. Now with EPIC, we download with most of our carriers, documents and rating are all handled within EPIC. It has really made servicing our clients much more efficient. Finding information is also greatly improved. Everyone is very happy we made the switch. I do recommend Applied EPIC to everyone!

Pros

It's user friendly. New staff can get up and running within a short time. They have great on-boarding training on-line. The product can be set up the way the agency wants to use it. After the online training is completed, we just need to fill in the agency specifics for our agency. Everything is contained in the one product. Client and Policy details, document management, rating for PL, follow up system, etc. We don't need several different systems and try to get them to work with each other, it's all in one. No system is perfect. But EPIC met all of our needs, and handles our needs the best out of all the ones we looked into. The User Group is great! Very helpful when questions come up and you need help from other agents on how to handle problems/issues. A great resource. They are also responsive when there are problems or issues, they get fixes done pretty quickly.

Cons

No system is perfect. There are some documents that we would like to use in EPIC that have check boxes, but when we put them in EPIC, the check box functionality is disabled. The reporting can be a bit overwhelming as a new user. It takes time and working with it to get comfortable. There are other hiccups as well, but overall, we're still very happy with our decision.

Brianne

Why Applied Epic over all others

Transitioning from Applied Agency Manager (TAM) to Epic was not a quick process, it was often times painful but I can honestly say 18 months later, it is worth it from all angles (service, production and management). The support network (which you must choose on your own to use) in place to assist you in any avenue is superior to all other products I am aware of, you just have to make sure you are taking advantage of them.

Pros

My most favorite parts of the software center around the built in workflows and the ability to keep the "story" of an item, the account, a renewal etc. all together in one place. It takes a lot of time to set the system up correctly when you migrate to Applied Epic, but 18 months later, we have received wonderful feedback from an outside consultant about how we are using the system properly, the way it was intended. If you are not using it the way it was meant to be used, you are not going to reap the benefits of what the software really are.

Cons

My least favorite piece of the software are the reports/report layouts. It takes a lot of practice, use and analytical thinking to piece together the reports you need into a format that is most useful for you. It is rare that one report will provide the information needed but rather a combination/review of two or more reports to get to the data you really want...such as retention. That being said, I do believe Applied has helped eliminate the reporting frustration through their Applied Analytics tool.

Katie

Pro Epic

I have been very happy with Epic and its ease of use. Coming from a much older operating system this one is amazing!!! The help that is available by just giving them a call is also fantastic. Applied is great at getting back to you with any issues and offering solutions and fixing the issue.

Pros

It is ever evolving. I love that Epic understands what we as users need and what the experience our customer need and want to have. I love that the system has many AUTO features that can work in the background. The fact that I don't have to drag and drop emails in all day is awesome. You send the direct from Epic and the email is automatically attached. I like the text feature. That is not utilized in our office however I do think it is something that can and should be used.

Cons

My least favorite thing is also a Pro but some times can be a huge flaw. Cloud based!!! Great for most of the time But.... the moment the internet goes out we are dead in the water and can not answer any calls.

Reasons for switching to Applied Epic

Epic is an ever evolving software.

Robert

Highs and Lows

Applied has the best support and if you don't think that is important try living without it after you become accustom to having it, I did and spent several thousand dollars to come back to Applied. The speed and quality of the answers from their staff is second to none. The cost of Applied is not cheap but neither is the quality of the product and service. Except for a short while ( which I regret) we have been using them since 1990 and I can't ever see us leaving.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive and will do virtually anything you need to do for your agency except payroll. The work flow is logical and records all information you need to provide service to your clients as well as protect the agency from E&O. Downloads work very well and save a lot of time.

Cons

It has a lot of controls some of what I think is redundancy. I may feel this way because we are a small agency and it is built to serve all. I would like to see a payroll section, Quick books seems to be able to handle it with no problem at a low cost.