All QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

Justin

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

PROS

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

CONS

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QB is simply the most comprehensive and overall the easiest product to use to account for my small business. I didn't like the other options that I explored and felt that for the money, it was a good way to do all of my business and personal accounting.

Faisal Shafi

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Complete Accounting Solution

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is cloud based software there user can work from anywhere getting real time accounting results. It is suitable for startups and small to medium size enterprises. Quickbooks simplify day to day accounting so a person who does not know more about accounting can use it with little help and get all accounting done including management of payroll, inventory, taxation, and more important financial statements. It enables user to effectively track underlying details and documents by just clicking particularly it empowers user to keep eyes on accruals, account payable, and account payable.

PROS

I love Quickbooks due to its simplicity for setup and using, where we get all accounting done. A straight forward way to automate day to day accounting. It generates all reports required by a user from an accounting software even allows customization. It facilitates to maintain multi organizational setups. On single click, it leads to underlying details, source documents, visualizing each entry.

CONS

Quickbooks do not restrict to edit, delete, or add an entry into back month therefore it may happen that one gets print out of financial statements for a particular month and then do any editing into previous month's transaction then print out will differ than software, even it does not maintain any log to track changes made by user. It does tax management itself but one cannot fully rely on it, user must monitor tax reports before forwarding. It can be works offline therefore at that scenario one cannot enjoy benefits of cloud-based software, further it supports only Windows operating system.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Interface of Quickbooks is more intuitive so that little knowledge of accounting is enough to use Quickbooks.

Kimberli

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Invoicing product to use

Great and very convenient system to use for client invoicing and for generating reports.

PROS

I like the different views you can have within the system. How easy it is to convert to different types of templates with just one click of a button. How you you can modify reports to your liking is super convenient.

CONS

The lag time in switching between the menu items could use some help. There are times, I have to refresh or click another menu item for it to start working on my desktop

Dlkhosh

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

PROS

Very good inventory management, time tracking Numerous customizable reports Supports projects, payroll, and many add-ons Terrific mobile apps

CONS

The main cons of Quickbooks that It's somehow expensive

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks is Easy to use, and has active support center

Cassandra

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Highly Recomment

PROS

Quickbooks makes it easier to budget and maintain financial stabiluty as well as have proper reports for tax season.

CONS

There are some features I do not implement as they are not needed, but I would say I like all the features of Quickbooks for my business.

DEBBIE

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

AWESOME PRODUCT

FANASTIC, MARVELOUS WONDERFUL. COULD NOT BE MORE SATISFIED

PROS

THE EASE OF SETTING IT ALL UP AND THE EASE OF GETTING IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE IF I HAVE A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS SOLVING

CONS

GETTING DIRECT DEPOSIT SET UP FOR THE FIRST TIME. AND DROPPING THREE COMPANIES OFF PAYROLL WHEN I DISCONTINUED DOING THEIR WORK.

Bryan

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

BFoster review on QBEDesktop

I have 14 clients and they all use QBE, I push the product, not because I know it ,but because it a great product. I do the set up of their accounting system and training. My experience has been great with this product.

PROS

As a accountant and working with my client the reports are very easy to explain and review with my clients.QBE,is bmvery detailed and easy to use and set up for my clients.

CONS

There are no cons from me. My client has not came to me with anything bad to say about the software.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

My clients love it and it's easy from my clients to understand and use, and they understand the reports

Reynaldo

Banking, 2-10 employees

Quickbooks are Super Helpful

Fits our needs fairly nicely. I adore that it double-checks my calculations, reducing the possibility of human error. I use it every single day.

PROS

I like this software and help me a lot in terms of accessing my financial records and my financial statement in a matter of seconds.

CONS

There is a minor issue with customer service; I had trouble canceling my previous account and was informed that it cannot be deleted. Other than that, nothing major is wrong.

clodagh

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise review

overall experience was great and i would recommend to others

PROS

i liked that it had very good tech support. it is easy to use definitely well worth the money

CONS

fixing a mistake can be a slow process because of all the steps you need to take after50

Top Free App

PROS

The quick payment processor and how it keeps everything organized.

CONS

Nothing to dislike about Quickbooks at all.

Christian

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

QuickBooks Review

I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

PROS

It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

CONS

I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

More suitable for clients not familiar with book keeping running small businesses.

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Wishing you the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2019

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Quickbooks Online Review

Overall QB Online helps me run my two business from anywhere, I can process any amount of suppliers bills, make payments, run reports etc etc ... from my armchair if I wanted to. The 3rd party apps that sync up are great , you need to be prepared to put in some leg work to understand how this all hooks up but once you have it all set up it works a dream. I reckon I save 1.5 admin salaries per year using QB Online and all the other apps Overall...its worth 10 times the cost

PROS

We have been using this web based software for around 5 years having used the desktop version for 10 years prior to that. The main advantage is easy access anywhere with no concerns on backing up your data. These alone are worth the very reasonable monthly costs. I chose QB online as its market share attracts a lot of 3rd party integration App developers which help me streamline our processes and save a stack of cash on administration costs

CONS

Some years ago the UK based support was non existent, over the last 3-5 years this has been massively improved with a UK based support team. Can be a bit laggy when the USA wake up, this can be overcome by using the desktop application that somehow sync's with the Web based platform. I've never tried this, but can see how others might

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to write this glowing testimony. It's been great having you as a part of the Intuit Family during these past 15 years. Your review perfectly captures what QB Online is all about, which is helping business owners save time, save money, and manage their business from any location. By the way, if you're interested in giving our desktop app a try, you can download it from this page: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/apps/ The app generally runs faster than the browser version of QB Online, so it'd be worth checking out. We look forward to backing your business for years to come! -Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2018

Reviewed October 2018

QuickBooks User

Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.

PROS

I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

CONS

I'm a Mac user and the QB software isn't as great on a Mac as it is on a PC.

Thanks for your loyalty to QuickBooks these past two decades, as we're proud to have been by your side all this time. Your comments were a pleasure to come across, as we strive to provide the payroll tools and support you deserve. Because we also work hard to ensure our software is accessible to users of all backgrounds, we've created self-help spaces like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) in case you ever have workflow or accounting questions. As for the differences you've noticed on a Mac, rest assured I'm here to ensure your software is working just as well on all operating systems. At your earliest convenience, feel more than welcome to send me a message directly at QBCares@Intuit.com. That's my inbox, and I have the knowledge and tools to get you squared away. Talk soon! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied October 2018

Antonio

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

PROS

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

CONS

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks was more user friendly for me and I like its user interface versus MYOB. Well Quicken wasn't for me, it was mainly intended for accountants and basic accounting processes without inventory module.

Betsy

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited.

QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.

PROS

QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

CONS

QuickBooks lacked much help for Inventory tracking and scanning. While you are able to create an inventory list, it's too easy to accidently miscategorize items and wreck the usefulness of the cataloging features. The inventory interface is a bit confusing to start with and connecting the inventory reports with logged sales is not practical. It doesn't happen automatically, but must be manually checked since there are many bugs that create errors or problems with data retrieval. When creating templates, it can be tough to figure out how to connect certain field codes with data areas to fill in. I spent many hours on the customer service line to figure some of that out. Even then, I was creating or finding "work-arounds" for some glitches that QuickBooks just doesn't fix or update. One of the most frustrating issues I personally found was the coding of expenses. Without some universal system, numerous employees can simply invent new codes for similar or same items, which creates many redundant and incorrect reports. Turnover in your office can produce serious inconsistency.

Betsy, thank you so much for providing an insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks. The details you've shared have painted a detailed portrait of your impressions of QuickBooks, and I appreciate it very much. I loved reading your comments about where you found the program to be beneficial to your business. Please be assured, your voice is important, and the comments you've provided about the software have been sent to our Product Development team. Feedback like yours is instrumental for the growth of the program, and it will be used when considering future updates to QuickBooks. Thank you again for your wonderful review of QuickBooks, Betsy! All the best, Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied February 2019

Dr. Joseph

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Big improvement over the desktop version

The newer online version is two thumbs up. I had a CPA that recommended I go back to the program and very glad that I took his advice. The new streamlined format is exactly what I need for my business.

PROS

I love the fact that I can check out, update and work all my financials from my ipad, phone and computer. I used to use the older Quickbooks desktop version years ago. I dumped it because it was really hard to use. I am a Chiropractor and not a CPA. The past couple of years we have been using the online version and it is exactly what I wanted/needed for the finances and my Chiropractic office.

CONS

The only problem that I had was, setting up the original accounts and Paypal. I did not set the original accounts up correctly. My bookkeeper fixed all this and explained it to me. From there everything worked out great. Except for the PayPal app. I am happy that I do not do much business through PayPal because it is the only account that I need to spend some real time with to reconcile and make sure I do not have duplicate transactions.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I moved from Quickbooks Pro to doing my bookkeeping in Microsoft Excel because I could not get Quickbooks Pro to do what I wanted it to do. My CPA recommended that I move back to the Quickbooks Online program because the interface is different. I trusted him and very glad I did. I am sure that the Quickbooks Pro, at that time, was an awesome program. But, for me I could not get it to perform the way I wanted to. The new format was very easy for me to implement, understand and pull reports that helped me with my business financials.

Donna