All Shopify POS Reviews

Dan

Hospitality, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2021

Incredible versatility at a very reasonable cost

Dawit

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Seamless and Efficient: How Shopify POS Transformed Our Retail Operations

Our overall experience with Shopify POS has been exceptional. From the moment we implemented it in our retail business, we immediately noticed the positive impact it had on our operationsFirst and foremost, the user interface of Shopify POS is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. Our staff quickly adapted to the system, and even those who were not technologically inclined found it simple to process transactions, manage inventory, and access customer information.The seamless integration between Shopify POS and our online store has been a game-changer for us

PROS

What we liked most about Shopify POS is its seamless integration with our online store. The ability to sync our inventory across multiple sales channels in real-time has been a game-changer for our business. Whether a customer purchases a product online or in-store, our inventory is automatically updated, preventing overselling and ensuring accurate stock levels

CONS

While Shopify POS has many great features, one aspect that we liked least is the limited customization options for the user interface. As a business owner, I appreciate having the ability to tailor the system to match our branding and unique needs. However, with Shopify POS, the customization options are somewhat limited, and I felt restricted in terms of design and layout. It would have been great to have more flexibility in customizing the appearance of the POS system to align it with our brand identity. Although this didn't significantly impact the functionality or performance of the system, it would have been a valuable addition for creating a truly personalized experience for our customers

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

One of the primary reasons our businesses switch to Shopify POS is to integrate our online store with our in-person sales. Shopify POS allows us for seamless synchronization of inventory, orders, and customer data between the online and physical channels. This integration provides a unified and consistent shopping experience for customers and simplifies inventory management for businesses.

Amberlyn

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Shop uses shopify

overall we are pretty happy with shopify. It is pretty easy to use and the learning curve isn't difficult. It has some great features that really enhance our business and make things more efficient.

PROS

It is much-needed in our shop and way better than trying to use a regular register and then keep track of sales, inventory etc. It makes life a lot easier for us and the accountant. We are currently implementing a bar code system that will make it even easier and better. We carry thousands of items from many different vendors and it is a challenge to keep track. Shopify not only makes it possible, it has features that organize and allow the vendors to check in themselves and see what has sold and keep track of their inventory

CONS

It occasionally crashes and is hard to restart. It can be very inopportune. It also requires a lot of hours to set up. I have only called customer service once, but it wasn't super helpful. Not bad service, just not as much as I would have liked.

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

They have some extra features that were a better fit. The inventory feature was especially desirable. Also they are more suited to our needs while the others were more applicable to different kinds of shops. The price point was reasonable as well and there is room for growth.

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

the features vs price seemed like a better move

Reviewed May 2023

A Solid Option for Small Businesses, But Not Without Its Drawbacks

I have a love-hate relationship with Shopify POS. On the one hand, it integrates seamlessly with Shopify E-commerce, which makes life much easier. On the other hand, it is not very useful as a standalone POS system. If you are not using Shopify E-commerce, I would recommend staying away from Shopify POS, as you will likely be disappointed with the lack of basic features. Additionally, customer support is difficult to reach and unhelpful.

PROS

Shopify POS has a user-friendly interface that is easy to learn and use, even for new business owners. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify e-commerce, making it easy to manage both your online and in-store sales.

CONS

Shopify POS is sluggish, slow on older devices, and incompatible with non-Shopify hardware. The Order Printer app is broken even on the native iOS platform. There is no credit card payment gateway integration for merchants in the Middle East, and no inventory reporting.

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

Because of having an e-commerce website on Shopify.

Šimon

Textiles, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Shopify POS

PROS

We use SHOPIFY POS daily to process our orders. We are very satisfied.

CONS

There are no accidents yet. All right. :)

Maile

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Mostly good

Despite the minor flaws, I still use Shopify POS because it is the easiest POS solution for my business. The pricing is fine as well.

PROS

The Shopify POS is linked to my product list, which makes it easy to select which product(s) shoppers are buying.

CONS

It was hard to set a temporary sales tax. I live in Oregon where we don't have a sales tax, but sometimes travel to other states for conventions or shows. While at the show I need a way to set a location-based temporary sales tax and at the same time allow my online customers to check out without any sales tax. That was surprisingly hard to do last time I used Shopify POS. It's possible the problem has been fixed by now... I haven't used it since before the pandemic started.

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

My website is with Shopify and it was both more convenient to use Shopify POS and slightly cheaper than Square.

Jared

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Selling with Shopify POS

I really wish you using the software however it also offers somebody just starting their eCommerce business flexibility because you can be online and offline simultaneously. Implementation costs of website and also point-of-sale system is negligible if you have high demand for your products.

PROS

It's really seamless on how the customer is notified with shipments, product back orders and also inventory so that they can make an informed decision at point of sale.

CONS

There's always an issue with applications in that you would need to go to the main website to pull certain order shipments and tracking sales reports beyond 3 months.

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

Settlement period for most of those platforms listed are very hard to program and understand so we just moved to a platform that allowed multiple currencies and instant settlement.

Reviewed November 2022

Shopify POS - Far from a POS

Very easy to use and effective. Orders, sales, payments, it all works great.

PROS

This is such an easy software to use on iphone and ipad. We have never had an issue with this app or the devices that connect to it. Very user friendly. My father even has no trouble.

CONS

It hasn't failed us yet so I don't have much to complain about. I like all of the Shopify products.

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

Just everything about it was better for us and the seamless connection to our QuickBooks and online store.

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

Because it worked seamlessly with our site and all of our business. Paypal was lacking in that respect. also has lower fees.

Megan

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Highly recommend

Overall, I would refer any in person sellers to this software.

PROS

I love this software because it is so easy to deploy and operate. Also the way that the hands held card reader is shaped is very nice. The software itself integrates smoothly with my Shopify store, and it runs perfectly.

CONS

There is not anything I would change about this software as of right now. It works great and integrates well.

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

It integrated with my store and the handheld scanner was free.

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Direct Sales Wizard

I use shopify for all my emmcommerce, bot online, and for direct sales. This makes it easy to see inventory and monitor sales. I love the ereader as well.

PROS

I love to be able to use this at conventions to sell books. I have tried other services but this is the most complete and easy app to use.

CONS

It is hard to get other people set up at a different location because we have to change the inventory for all the locations for events. Signing in for remote people hasn't been easy.

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

It didn't integrate with my other ecommerce on Shopify. It was also glitchy and crashed a lot.

Issaka

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

best popular e-commerce platform used by businesses of all sizes to set up and manage online stores

Shopify offers extensive customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone support. They also provide a wealth of resources and guides to help you set up and manage your store.

PROS

Shopify is known for its user-friendly and intuitive interface, making it accessible even for those without a technical background.

CONS

While Shopify provides a good range of themes and customization options, it may not offer the same level of design flexibility as some other platforms.

Stephanie

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

PROS

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot. Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

CONS

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for. Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

Amazing POS solution for Shopify store owners

Overall experience is very satisfactory and does all the things that we have expected out of a POS system. I would definitely recommend it to someone who has an online Shopify store and a retail store to sync the data and leverage the power of Shopify in analytics, order management, and inventory management with multiple locations

PROS

The most important feature of this product is it syncs the retail store orders with your online store and keeps the order management easy. It also takes care of payment processing and sales reports. We can use multi-location in Shopify to differentiate the inventory between the online store and the retail store.

CONS

I have remembered that there were some issues/limitations on the Shopify side when it came to refunding some of the orders and we can't find the order by the customer name, in such scenarios, It could have been better when the customer don't have their credit card or email with them

Amanda

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Easy to Master

Shopify provides a simple, easy to master platform on which to layer our eCommerce shop.

PROS

e-commerce customers enter their orders, information is transmitted to our DC, the DC transmits back shipping information, the shipping information is emailed to the customer and we get paid.

CONS

It still programs in computer language. Changing content isn't as simple as it could be for non-programmers like most of the users/admins probably are.

Jessica

Reviewed June 2018

love centralizing my POS and website together!

got us more sales!~

PROS

I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go! love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier! the fees are decent.

CONS

I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con . no complaints as of yet

Brenda

Reviewed April 2018

PROS

I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

CONS

The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Fantastic POS Software

PROS

I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

CONS

This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

Temple

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Pos fees Iffy........But good tracking System

They were our first pos program and were easy to signup for but please resesrch your option unlike we did.........

PROS

Very organized on the payments processed

CONS

Fees....Fees.....and more Fees simple as that!

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

They come as a suggestion from a fellow buisness and if we only knew Capterra exisited then we would of been better.

Diana

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Great that it integrates with my website

PROS

I love that it keeps the inventory accurate between the website and in person sales

CONS

I have had issues with the hardware not working well or disconnecting. Make sure you have several backups.