Browse Google Cloud IoT Reviews

Jay from www.ipigeon.institute

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Great app for implementing beacons and project developments of all sorts.

I'm using Google Beacon Tools and related products to provision devices, connect to nearby beacon devices, and to learn about messaging and advertising protocols of the IoT Cloud development project suites offered by Google and Apple.

Pros

Google's IoT Cloud offerings are largely based on proximity marketing and advertising from up and out of the beacon technology products offered by several companies, including Apple's iBeacon. Google offers their own open source beacon technology called Eddystone, and it's easy enough to provision a device as an advertising beacon through BLE advertisement using various tools offered on the Google Play Store. The Google IoT Cloud Platform is supported by a robust suite of APIs which feature a la carte provisions of various aspects of implementing nearby and proximity development goals of the IoT developer.

Cons

It's an early development model still, on my end, but I'm optimistic about learning how to use the tools and APIs offered by Google and other developers as far as bringing a proximity marketing and nearby connections technology product in to the apps marketplace.

ialyn from bpo

google cloud lot is great help to easily access the real time forecast the power utility

the software is great and better to use highly recommended

Pros

Google Cloud lot is very helpful especially in every people living in the world, accessing the forecast of power utility provider real time is now possible because of this software that will help people all over the world become flexible , productive and save time not just in one aspect but also in other services provided by this product.

Cons

sometimes there is a lags and loading concerns but over all the software is great

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud IoT

i am not techie person but i see this product software google cloud lot is easy to use and over all i am satisfied.

nancy from PR

Industry: Restaurants

confusing

Pros

being able to store what I need protected

Cons

I always get confused when using and usually have to have someone help me

Gautam from One Shop

"Applications used to develop all types of beacons and projects."

I use Google Bacon Tools to connect to other Bacon devices. Let's try to find out about the messaging and advertising protocols of Google and Apple's IoT Cloud Development Project suites.

Pros

Google's IoT Cloud offers typically rely on the equivalent marketing and advertising of Bacon technology products from a number of companies, including Apple's Ibicon.

Cons

I am in the early stages. But the apps that Google and other developers market are equally marketable and Connection technology can bring products and is quite curious to know how to use them.

Rex from Inspire Business Solutions

Great for Remote Backup and Recovery

Positive and the pricing is better than others for many of the features we needed. Would recommend to anyone needed a value based IoT Cloud hosting solution

Pros

Easy to use and works great with IoT based hardware, like our Point of Sale systems. Many options to configure how you want to install software to run from Google Cloud IoT. Software and backup can be done on the same Google Cloud IoT account, allowing multiple systems and configurations to be done.

Cons

Speed can differ at times and a few times servers were down, our software can cache and keep running for up 2 hours without issues, and never had Google IoT down for more than 15mins.

Akash from Sutherland Global Services

Powerhouse for IoT Mobility Fleet

Real-time analytics on the data generated by mobility fleet.

Pros

Right from the onboarding, configuring to daily use, for our mobility fleet, Google Cloud IOT has always been up to our expectations. Its integration with Android SDK and the highest level of compatibility with our mobile apps has made the experience even better. In the end, everything boils down to the pricing, and it has been really effective for our use. Per second pricing makes more sense, as we can avoid costs during our down-times and pay only when our fleet is in use and communicating with the platform.

Cons

Despite being an amazing platform, the limitation which impacted us the most was its compatibility with our prototype IoT hardware. This had set us back by a few months, as we had to change the IoT hardware to something which would be more compatible with Google Cloud. I only wish that it could be integrated with all the components available in the market.

Sara Natalie from Fondo de Compensación Interterritorial

Used for storage of objects and scalable, resistant and high performance databases for your applicat

Used for monitoring, registration, diagnostics and for web administration even for a very easy to use mobile application.

Pros

Fully managed data storage, and Control access and visibility of resources on a platform protected by the Google security model.

Cons

The only disadvantage that you see is Our data files are located in a remote place so we lose their direct control and this control happens to be in charge of the company providing the service.

Great Features and Functions

I have been using Google Cloud IoT for 2 years now and honestly can't even remember what it was like not having it.

Pros

I honestly like having the ability to do so much with one application. It keeps me organized and helps me with all my day to day business

Cons

Nothing really - i have not had any major issues or problems arise.

Kenneth G. (Ken) from Grayhill

The IoT is here and Google is at the front.

We sell more data than hardware.

Pros

It's easy to add Google's APIs to our firmware to make our clients capable of capturing and monetizing the data they need.

Cons

The analytics are new, there are some bugs but it's always getting better. Now is the time to get into the IoT space, and Google is there to make it easy.

azex from UCAD

Industry: Chemicals

Google driver -the best cloud storage

I have always used this application to store my photos, my documents.And the most important is that it allows me to recover at any time the documents I lost.

Pros

the use and easy access is what I like the most about this software.

Cons

it allows us to have a large storage capacity for our documents and photos.

Easy way to save impotent files on cloud

Stored business data and shared it with business clients.

Pros

We can access our stored files anywhere as everything storef on secure cloud storage. In case we lost our device we can take easy backup in few steps. It provide feature to store customers personal info as security feature is provided by google. We can also edit and create files over internet. No need to store data on local so it reduce business cost as well.

Cons

Google should add two factor authentication feature so that user need to pass their digital credentials at the time of login. These digital certificate should provide by google.

Brittany from Mid South Chiropractic

Great Support and features!

Pros

I am not a "technology-person", but, the support and ease of use of this products makes me feel like an expert! I use several functions and features of this product daily, and there are so many more that I haven't even touched yet! Support is the best part!

Cons

No complaints thus far. Can be a bit pricey when dealing with multiple users, but it is worth it!

Allison from Teach For America

Best Cloud Storage IMO

Pros

Ease of use - drag, drop, save and store - it doesn't get much simpler to file and save.

Cons

I really love it all, nothing bad to say unless Google changes access or storage ability

google cloud

was able to retrieve a picture back 4 months

Pros

it keeps my photo stored and i can go back and view them anytime

Cons

that anyone who knows my password could retrieve my information

A great environment for the implementation of projects oriented to the internet of things

During the implementation of one of our iot projects, focused on agroindustry, it was necessary to use a platform in the cloud for the accomplishment of the persistence and later an analysis of the information generated. And among all the solutions available on the market google iot has answered us significantly because of its favorable cost.

Pros

The ability to deploy your iot project in an optimized, streamlined ecosystem

Cons

The difficulty in the process of configuring the environment in certain types of microcontrollers

Doesn't get much better than this

Pros

The software compatibility across devises and platforms is very impressive. We have had very, very few connection issues. File storage allotment is large and you can upgrade as you need for more storage. Customer service has been particularly helpful, along with the Help pages.

Cons

As with many things from Google, it works best on Google-supported browsers. Don't expect to get very far running/accessing the Google Cloud from IE.

A great way to look at how many people look at your work

Pros

It shows how your work has effected you more in depth than other drives

Cons

It is not easy to use such as google drive

Bill from Emerson Automation Solutions

Love how easy it is to use, store and retrieve files from Google Cloud

Pros

Google Cloud makes it so easy for me to organize, retrieve, store and manage key artifacts, documents and other reference material online. Love the easy of use and implementation of it.

Cons

I use Google Cloud for fundamental storage of files and folder to keep my information organized and easily retrievable from anywhere, so I don't have a lot of cons to offer for the focus of this solution.

One of the best cloud drives!

Pros

The most thing that i like aboit google drive is that it works in every smartphone, no matter which the operating system is! And ofcourse the free storage capacity of 15GB is the best part! It is very easy to use and share the files.

Cons

The only thing i dislike is that the mobile application is not as good as the web version of google drive.

Tool that helps to process, analyze and view data in real time

Connect existing devices using http. In addition to the standard MQTT protocol, it is now possible to more securely connect existing IoT devices and gateways to Cloud IoT Core via HTTP, in order to easily record data in the GCP on a large scale

Pros

Accelerates business agility and decision making with IoT data. is a complete set of integrated services that allow you to obtain useful business information in real time from the data of your devices distributed around the world

Cons

Certain use cases require an IoT application to recover the last state and properties of a device, even when the device is not disconnected

Mayowa from Department of Geography, Texas State University

Google IoT

Again, great innovation and I look forward to more smart devices from google.

Pros

Very nice piece of software for connecting various smart devices in a single cloud. I use various google smart devices and they have made my life eaasier.

Cons

I would not have any issues of complain about this software because as far as I am concerned, I have not experienced any shortcomings using it.

Nelsan from Islington

Industry: Computer Games

Store, analyze, process your data in the cloud with Google Cloud IoT

Pros

The files which have been stored in the cloud can be accessed anywhere. The system of Google Cloud IoT is very secure. Google has maximized the security to store the data. The best part of this software is that with the help of Internet we can create and edit our files.

Cons

To make the system more secure Google should add the two factor authorization system. It will make the system more secure. Otherwise, i found the software very helpful.

Great Cloud, Good Improvements to Our Redunancy

It is overall great. Wish we had a bigger programming team to implement this quicker but I love this product.

Pros

As a software, we found the cloud we are now is not as good as we need. This made our system slow. We are happy and I am very grateful in customer facing role, to soon have much better system speeds after all of our solution is swapped to this, which is now in process.

Cons

Nothing. I love Google. It is a great solution.

Micaiah from Education Management

Google cloud iot review

Pros

I love Google cloud, I am able to save everything from my phone, tablet, flashdrive, etc. It is very good for those who have a business it need it to save files.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it it's pretty good software.

Raziya from JTC

it is user friendly

Pros

it works with all operating systems and also in a phone and of course it's very easy to change systems ,transfer files and all as most of us use google accounts

Cons

even though it is easy to transfer files and documents to another system it will change the extension of the file . i don't exactly know whether the problem is with the system or software

Alex from University of Minnesota

Good software

Pros

I like the functionality provide by access to Google's neural networks, and the ability to customize such an application.

Cons

I find the authentication method somewhat cumbersome, especially when using the api provided for node.

Hussain from Patrician

As expected from google

Pros

It is really convenient that it is a google product as all the systems mostly will have a google account

Cons

It is kind of hard to open video files on another computer and sometimes shows error like "not dupported" files and all

SAMUEL from NNPC, CHQ, Abuja

Slow Loading of Searched Things

Pros

The concept of the software is great.. It search out messages, apps on your device. Easy access to u your programs from a single tool.

Cons

The software sometimes won't load searched out messages and programs

Great way to store files

Pros

I like how easy it is to share files with other users and they can also add their input.

Cons

Privacy settings could be clearer for the user

Google Cloud

Pros

It is easy to store photos, lots of photos, in the Google Cloud and obtain them as though they were directly downloaded to your device. This saves so much room on my phone!

Cons

Unfortunately, this is not a free service and does seem a little high. However, if you are using it for company use, it is worth it.

My Experience

Its, hard in starting but with tje passage of time anyone can get used to it.

Pros

Being Network Engineering student, I have to do differnt projects in real scenario, so I found this app very feasible for my projects.

Cons

Ahh, simulation linkage with this product is really hard.

Mairyn del Jesus from Corporacion unicable

It's amazing how companies feel more comfortable with the prospect of managing their most sensitive

Pros

*its use allows to reach a high level of redundancy and have a granular control over our servers, and at the same time have the ability to configure our hosting environment *guarantees that customers have less downtime, since we can now use live migrations of virtual machines

Cons

It's really hard to talk about something that I do not like Google Cloud Iot, it's a solution your company needs

Michael from Pioneer balloon

Lots of promise

We used it to connect various timers to monitor machine up time and changeover times. Once we consulted a couple of tutorials it was fairly straightforward to connect everything

Pros

The ability to connect multiple devices of various types to one centralized location using MQTT OR http

Cons

Very difficult to set up for a new user. I didn't find the reference documents very helpful and had to rely on third party tutorials

Joe from Solaire Resort and Casino

Google Cloud is one of the best cloud platforms

Pros

What I like most about Google Cloud is the quick deployment of web apps, can create different environments for testing. I also did not experience downtime so far.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad about google cloud. I think all you need to have is the knowledge to execute the job properly, help is available all over the internet, so it won't be hard to learn.

Umaima from BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science And Technology

Handy for IOT engineer

Pros

It has a user friendly and simple user interface that helps beginners to understand and has features like monitoring and networking

Cons

A thing to look out for is the data you have, if you try to open a heavy file it takes to much time and data. Other than that I found it very helpful

One of the best IoT

Pros

Using, storing and retrieving data from Google Cloud Iot is so easy and there was no noticable downtime my work was completed more efficient than other programs.

Cons

There are some bugs with connecting or disconnecting with a device

A great place to start for beginner IOT engineers

Pros

Provides some handy templates and guides for getting started with common IOT features like networking and monitoring.

Cons

User docs could go beyond the basics and highlight more examples of complex applications and case studies.

Naheel from Zain

Google cloud

Perfect

Pros

Google cloud IoT is a good software to have security and connections all around the world in easy steps.

Cons

There is nothing to say about the software because my experience was good

Jose Wilson Oliveira from NA

Google Cloud IoT

I use in the various tasks at work

Pros

Work is easy to manage and integrate and process your Internet data

Cons

Need to have some understanding in computer to use all the resources

Delmar from Advantage Communications

That one Perfect Application

My overall experience was awesome, can't wait to see more features added to the app

Pros

What I like best about this application is that it securely connects my existing device network to a new one, and allows me to have multiple two-way connections great for fast communication.

Cons

The application needs to be more interactive