All Housecall Pro Reviews

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Don’t choose a premium cloud solution for scheduling and invoicing without giving Housecall a good l

Great support both technically and from a corporate level with live events they add value as a user of the product and as a business manager/owner. Tremendous commitment to support the “pros” that make up their customer base

PROS

Ease of use, but full featured, strong mobile app as well as desktop. Integration with Quickbooks online version Also google maps integration and GPS. Online book from our website directly to the software works well.

CONS

Lack of ability to have tech to accept the jobs through the app since we work with independent contractors who can refuse jobs they don’t want. Also there does not seem to be a way for customers to choose the crew they want when booking online

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Was contacted by their sales staff by phone liked the demo wanted integrated functions and saved a bit on the monthly cost over having two subscriptions with Freshbooks and Appointment Plus

Trish

Reviewed February 2023

I am obsessed!

We came running back to HCP after using another software for a year. Our breaking point with that software was the price book being outrageously difficult to utilize. With the new DOE changes for 2023, ALL hvac major equipment has been changed and we needed to do update that accordingly. The price book in HCP is smart, helpful, calculated, and still very easy to figure out and utilize.

PROS

We used HCP for years when we decided to move to another software. After a year on that other software, we came RUNNING back to HCP for many reasons. The biggest reasons? Ease of use, amazing features, customer service, and price points.

CONS

Auto pricing for Maintenance Plan Agreements. It is technically there but having it more in depth would be great. Example: Our Gold Level get $0 service call fee-10% off materials-$50 off new system. HCP provides that 10% off though so still an absolutely amazing feature!

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

There are a multitude of reasons for the switch. *Ease of use*Price book*Online Booking*Auto- reviews*Maintenance Plans*Pricing (cost)*Checklists*Wiseteack

WOW! Love to see it! Thanks for the review! Curious to learn more about the issues with the service agreements, feel free to shoot me an email via proadvocate@housecallpro.com so we can help!

Replied February 2023

JonPaul

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Incredulous

So, we moved and I changed the business address a couple of months ago in my profile. Somehow during the change some profane words were written in the license box and then were saved. After that every invoice a customer received as a PDF has the profane words at the bottom of the invoice. HCP Said that they have no way of telling me when the exact date change was or a way to forward the emails sent to customers in the time frame so I can limit the amount of customers I need to confess this to. (some customers don't look at the PDF) This is something to think about here because HCP sends the email and we don't get Cc'ed or Bcc'ed. Therefore after a customer gets an invoice a permitted staff worker can change information later. It is incredulous that they can't look back at email history; I would think twice about using Twilio then. Although it is on my end that the profanity was created it was HCP that polished it into customers email. this makes them libel. Customers don't often open the PDFs when one does I will promptly give them HCP's number.

PROS

good for new company that wants to go paperless.

CONS

HCP the company is moving towards marketing. The pro clients are no longer the target clients. The pros are now the "Product" and the new target audience are warrantee companies. There is no way to quickly search for jobs and clients from the main page using key word. Things that make sense on a google platform are nixed in the HCP board room.And my main complaint: emails to clients are sent from HCP and the Pros are not even sent a copy of what they get. Therefore, there is no traceability compliance. When an invoice is created and sent the job is not locked up and can be edited after the client is billed out. The office will never see what the client gets sent and HCP can not dig it up for you. Emails are lost after 7 days I'm told.

Hi JonPaul, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied February 2023

Rosemary

Reviewed October 2022

HouseCall Pro

PROS

I love that I can do almost everything with this software. It has helped our company grow and I love that we are able to grow with HouseCall Pro.

CONS

I would really like to have inventory management available and I do not like working with Stripe for the payment processing. I am however, glad that they are starting to allow payroll though.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The Price, the ease of use, and features.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Because HouseCall Pro has more features available that I needed to be able to utilize such as maintenance plans and GPS tracking.

Hi Rosemary, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied November 2022

Chad

Reviewed July 2021

Love this software

Love it. Used it before and got my new employer to use it because how great it is.

PROS

Had almost all the features of much more expensive products I have used in the past.

CONS

Wish it showed side by side pricing of discounts to show savings on a line by line basis, rather than just at the bottom.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Price and featured. I had wants and needs. This had all the needs and most of the wants

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Started me own company and ran for a year and a half. Closed it due to a move. But previous to that, used Service Titan with an old job. Liked it, but way to expensive. So I tried HCP and loved it. Now convinced my new boss to use it because how great it is.

Tyler

Utilities, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Should have stayed with Quickbooks

Probably the worst most complex decisions I've made with my business. Its easier to work with a government agency then it has been working with Housecall.

PROS

Nothing the whole experiences has been horrible. I was promised so much and got so little.

CONS

After all this mess I should have just stayed with Quickbooks. Now I'm stuck with housecall.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The integration and importing of all my customers took so much time. Now I'm stuck with this over priced junk Housecall app.

Anthony

Reviewed January 2021

Housecall Pro Pros & Cons

I am very happy with it. I came from Wintac. I was with Wintac for about 25 years and made the switch to Housecall Pro and it has helped me with things Wintac was not capable of helping me with, like my online presence, getting more reviews, tracking how long employees take at jobs, etc.

PROS

Very easy to use, the user interface is clear, has mobile app, has desktop app, the company listens to its users and make updates to the software pretty quick. Has open API to a lot of 3rd party software and is open to having more. work orders are great

CONS

Still building new features that are very important to have but not there yet, some important features are there but seems like not a lot of time was put into those features where more time might have been put in other less important features. Reporting does not dig deep enough. service agreements need work

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Service Fusion - the set up was horrible, the support from the team didnt know any answers to my questions so i just assume it was going to be hell in the future. Service Titan - too expensive for a company my size. ThermoGrid - Price was high and the software had way too many steps to create a job from a call (correctly) to have proper reporting later on in the future. Also, the line items looks like an excel spreadsheet, wasnt too crazy about that.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

They were not updating the remote ability to the software. The actual desktop version of this software was GREAT but it stayed behind and let everyone else take over. It was very unfortunate. Than fieldedge took over and they basically are converting all their wintac users to fieldedge users. so basically wintac seems like its going under while being absorbed by fieldedge.

Kevin

Reviewed January 2021

Great value for most small businesses

It has been great!

PROS

The software is easy to use and navigate. I have had no issues implementing it in my day to day operations.

CONS

I would like to be able to make changes directly from the reporting screen (update tags, add/delete info, etc)

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

loo and feel of the product seemed superior. Plus, the cost was in line with what I was willing to pay.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

better value (it may have been an even greater value 2 years ago, but still pretty good)

Eric

Utilities, 1 employee

I LOVE USING HOUSECALL PRO IN OUR HOME SERVICE BUSINESS

HOUSECALL PRO HAS STREAMLINED MY INVOICING, CUSTOMER DATA STORAGE, CUSTOMER INTERACTION, AND MUCH MORE. THE SOFTWARE IS CONTINUALLY GETTING BETTER AND THE CUSTOMER SUPORT INTERACTION IS ABOVE AVERAGE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH HOUSECALL PRO!!

PROS

FUNCTIONALITY, TECH SUPPORT, AND VALUE VS PRICE

CONS

IT IS ONLY USABLE WITH AN INTERNET CONNECTION FOR INVOICEING. I WOULD ALSO LIKE A VERSION THAT WORKS IN THE FIELD WHERE INTERNET IS NOT AVAILABLE.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

HOUSECALL PRO IS A SUPIRIOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND INVOICING SYSTEM FOR A HOME SERVICE BUSINESS.

Orville Davis,

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries

I love Housecall Pro

PROS

I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

CONS

A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

The sales team was very informative and not pressuring.

Christina

Reviewed August 2019

Common Sense Approach to Managing your Clients and Employees!

Sometimes, using multiple software applications, to try and get one job done can be frustrating. Not so with HouseCall Pro. The customer service over chat is so quick and easy, as well as the "tips and troubleshooting" search -- any problems I am having are usually "self-generated." LOL!

PROS

This has got to be the easiest "learning curve" I have ever experienced. Coming from a completely different industry, to manage the office here was a bit daunting. BUT - HouseCall Pro made it much easier. a) Customers: Easy to set up customers in system, note their special preferences, create "tags" to track for where they heard about us, and contact them via emails or texts. Each account has the Zillow pic and profile of each of our customers - providing a wealth of information to us before we even arrive to service their home. b) Employees: Love the "personal touch" of adding the photos of our team - Our customers can see who is arriving - and - with the notification system, they know when they will be there. TimeTracker makes payroll a snap, and allows employees the flexibility to check in and out while out in the field thru the app - not tied to a punch clock or computer in the office. c) Scheduling: Easy to use, nice 'color-coding' features for each employee, with options to notify your customer of changes or not. Quickly able to schedule on the fly, thru the phone app. Can look day, week or month with a quick tab change. d) Invoicing: LOVE it --- the team can enter in all their details, which would normally have to be transcribed from paper notes, on the Work Orders thru the phone app. Nice presentation to the customers, with immediate email invoice available, the minute the job is done and paid for. AND it flows to QuickBooks!

CONS

Creating "work arounds" for creating multiple sub-accounts for a main client. Sometimes, there needs to be a three layer deep ability to categorize a customer. Example: Parent Company (Main Customer), which has multiple condominium complexes (Sub Accounts of Main Customer)- each one having its own name/ billing account, and then, the need to create sub accounts for each Condo Complex (a Sub Sub Account) - for each individual Unit (for service address)

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Another local plumbing outfit recommended we try HouseCall.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Needed to have a more integrated scheduling and invoicing system. Desired software which integrated ability to accept payments (get rid of our Square), and integrated with QB Online for accounting purposes.

Kathryn

Reviewed August 2019

Makes my job so much easier!

Before Housecall Pro, my previous employer had stacks of paper invoices she was trying to collect on and manually texting out service calls to each of her in-field technicians EVERY DAY. I was hired specifically to help implement an easier way to operate her small but growing HVAC company. I started research on the different software available and even trialed two before I came across Housecall Pro. One week after implementing and training our technicians we saw a significant improvement in communication between staff and customers as well as collecting on invoices. I was so pleased with Housecall Pro I recommended it to a family member who also has an HVAC company out of Phoenix. I now work remotely for him and cannot be more thrilled that I am again working with Housecall Pro. Thank you for such awesome customer service and a great overall product. This software was perfect for the small service-based business's I have had the pleasure to work with.

PROS

With my main responsibility being dispatching service calls and administrative work, Housecall Pro makes it so easy to have all of the information in one place. You are able to see the status of service calls and invoice homeowners directly from the app. Another great feature of Housecall Pro is offering direct communication with customers and employees via text from the app. The convenience of an online dispatching system is that information can be accessed and updated in real-time so that everyone has accurate information at all times. Customer service agents are available via chat during business hours and provide solutions to problems that you have within minutes which is also very helpful and reassuring when you have questions.

CONS

There is nothing in particular that I don't like about Housecall Pro. Housecall Pro will continue to offer an excellent product, while actively improving their site and adding new features on a regular basis.

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

It was easier, affordable, and offers the most for your money.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Testing for the best product to fit the company's needs and size.

Joe

Reviewed July 2021

Worst Business Software I have ever used

Horrible, expensive and a waste of time

PROS

Nothing. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

CONS

Everything. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Better features. (But none of them actually work)

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Soho is great and house all sucks

Derek

Reviewed October 2022

HVAC business

PROS

It's relatively easy to use. I can schedule an estimate, then convert it to a job once approved, send the invoice and even take payments through the website/app

CONS

The online scheduling option seems like it could be a good feature, but our company doesn't use it much and the times we have used it, the emails just got lost or customers selected the wrong responses which led to confusion. Scheduling a job that takes multiple days is also a bit of a nuisance. We switched from Jobber, and they were so easy to schedule a multiple day job.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Jobber was lacking some features that HCP had. Jobber also had some good features that HCP does not. In the end, the pros outweighed the cons and we made the switch.

Hi Derek, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied November 2022

Joshua

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Housecall Pro in the HVAC field

From customer service, integration and ease of use this product can't be beat

PROS

The scheduling feature alone makes our daily operation extremely efficient, couple that with the customer notification system and you have a full office in the palm of your hand!

CONS

We haven't found anything yet! The system is very easy to use!

Reason for choosing Housecall Pro

Cost, ease of use, available add on options and integration with quick books.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

We were looking to go digital and paperless. We are a small company and were looking for an edge to set us apart from other companies in our area who use traditional service tickets and office personnel for scheduling and record keeping. This program reduces our need for office time and keeps everyone informed with what is going on during our day and gets us into the field faster than traditional methods.

Julie

Reviewed October 2018

My HCP experience

HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.

PROS

I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

CONS

The times on the schedule page, need to somehow be highlighted or the top of the hour bolded. It is really difficult to schedule an appointment on the week view for Friday, because the time is in the far left margin. I would love to have the ability to make comments on the time card section. That way when I need to make a change to an employee's time card, I can also note why the change was made. The way that the credit card payments integrate with quickbooks is frustrating, as I have to go to each transaction and manually change where it posts the payment. I would like to have the ability to designate where the payment goes. In addition, it would be nice to change the QB display name on HCP ourselves, instead of talking with customer support. One more thing, can payments affecting more than one invoice be posted as one payment, versus each individual invoice. This would make processing deposits so much easier.

Boo