All Kickserv Reviews

Reviewed August 2022

Satisfied Customer

Ted

Construction, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed November 2018

Excellent functionality and ease of use

Kickserv offers us the opportunity to quickly reschedule and update work orders in real time. The Quikbooks integration saves us time and money because we only enter customer info once.

PROS

Kickserv enabled us to scale up the business and offers us excellent tracking for billing, communication, and customer service.

CONS

There are no issues or downside for my company.

Thank you Ted. Your loyalty and willingness to take a moment to give us feedback is worth a lot to us. I hope it also helps others. Cheers!

Replied December 2018

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Great for One Tech

I enjoy using the product from my desk and the tech doesn't have any complaints from the app.

PROS

I like that i can invoice the job with clear notes and history to the clients from my tech. Scheduling is easy.

CONS

Wish there was a way to alert the tech out of the app. I review a work order and see I need more notes or need him to advise on a part # so that I can quote. I have no way to tell him this other than to copy the notes and email him separately.

Reason for choosing Kickserv

ease of use and low cost for using with just one tech.

Thank you for the wonderful review, Jennifer. I know the idea of two way communication within Kickserv, among employees, has been kicked around. I'll be sure to pass the feedback up the ladder. :)

Replied December 2021

Josh

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Lack of response to concerns. Converted us to new platform a day early while open.

Our experience with this software was average until the migration from SSK to Kickserv. 1) Our migration was scheduled for the evening of 2/2/17 but instead was run during the morning. 2) This resulted in us not being able to access our entire database for the entire workday. We lost customers and business as a result. 3) The only response we have gotten from Kickserv is "Sorry about the confusion". 4) Responses to issues about the new platform are not helpful and delayed. 5) Cannot upload certain file-types as attachments (Old SSK allowed anything) 6) Editing estimates does not work correctly 7) There are problems with payment capturing in Kickserv. Kickserv seems to ignore some line items. 8) When asked how to permanently complete tasks for re-occurring jobs, the only response I got was "Let me see if I can explain how to do this one". 9) None of our questions or issues have been resolved.

PROS

drag and drop capabilities

CONS

Since switching over to the new platform, there are issues with billing and attaching. Customer support is not helpful

The experience you had with the migration of your account was very unfortunate. Having your system not available during your working hours is a serious issue and we apologize for that error. We did work with your co-worker on the phone to handle the major issue which was mainly getting the sync working successfully again. To acknowledge some of your comments here we currently don't restrict file types. I have requested for your company to send us any file types that seem to not upload. Also, with the issues of editing estimates and capturing certain line items we are not aware of any issues and appreciate any specific feedback on these issues through the normal lines of support at any time. We will clarify with you on what occurred exactly with your earlier question via our support lines of how to complete tasks for re-occurring jobs. We very much appreciate your loyalty with us and hope we can make up for the disruption to your business as we move forward.

Replied March 2017

Scott

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Kickserv Review

Kickserv allows us to go semi paperless and cuts out time from dispatch to accounting.

PROS

The ability to store everything together.

CONS

It did not integrate with QuickBooks Online as we had hoped. It integrates with it, but not everything transfers.

Price

Reasons for switching to Kickserv

Too much Double-Entry from dispatch to accounting

Ron

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Kickserv

PROS

I like the ease and convenience of the software. It is very user friendly.

CONS

No complaints. We have used the company now 6 years.

Hello Ron, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We know that our users have a lot on their plates and it takes time to write a review. We really appreciate it! Please let us know if you need anything. Our Customer Success Team is always on standby to answer any questions that might come up.

Replied November 2023

Erica

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

KS Review

It has been a great experience.

PROS

The features that are most important are the maps to better route the techs, its simple, and i hardly ever have any issues.

CONS

there is nothing that i dont like about it.

Hello Erica, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We know that our users are busy people and we really appreciate it when we get feedback. We are thrilled you are having such a great experience using Kickserv.

Replied November 2023

samuel

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Kickserv Rocks

Use it daily, main platform used and easy to send invoices to Quickbooks.

PROS

Ease of notifying clients and techs of jobs scheduled.

CONS

There isnt anything that is disliked about Kickserv.

Hi Samuel, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear that it is working so well for you! Please feel free to reach out to us at anytime if you need assistance.

Jeff

Utilities, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Have had a positive experience overall with kickserv. Wish it was more customizable but still able to accomplish without

PROS

It's very easy to use. The pricing was is great for a company just starting up.

CONS

There are some features specific I wish were available.

Pricing

Hello Jeff, thank you for choosing Kickserv and taking the time to leave us a review. We do have several customization options on the higher plans, so when you're ready to upgrade, you'll see some additional features. As far as the specific features you wish we offered, we'd love to hear your thoughts! Feedback really helps our product team when prioritizing future updates to the product. Send us a message at support@kickserv.com anytime.

Eric

Public Safety, 1 employee

Good product

Everything has been smooth. We are happy that we chose this product for our business.

PROS

Easy to use user friendly, easy to navigate

CONS

I don't like the notification feature being inaccurate with times. Sometimes it's good other times it's way off

Price and customer service

Hello Eric, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We very much appreciate your feedback. If you want to send us some specifics at support@kickserv.com regarding the notifications issue you've experienced, we'd be happy to dive into it further.

Zachary

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

So far it is working very well for what we do on a daily basis.

PROS

Mobile app for techs while in the field.

CONS

Image upload with bad service is slow but that’s only with bad service.

Hi Zachary, thank you for leaving us a review. Please reach out to us if you need any assistance. We are always happy to help!

Anthony

Amazin

PROS

Ease of use is the best feature. Very simple to teach to others

CONS

Nothing really. I like this product a lot

Hello Anthony, Thank you for leaving us a review. We're so happy that the product is easy for you to use. That's one of our main objectives, to make service simple.

Scott

Pres

Took awhile to get a good handle of things thoughout the platform, but once learnt, it's down hill.

PROS

At Emerald Yards we like all the features it comes with.

CONS

I can do without the inporting / exporting of data.

Reason for choosing Kickserv

It is thus far the most well rounded all in one platform we were looking for.

Hello Scott, Thank you for leaving us a review. We're happy that you are getting good use out of Kickserv. If you ever need assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Success Managers. They are always willing to help.

Shawn

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2017

5 year user of Service Sidekick now KickServ

Service Sidekick was a great product, they now forced all of their customers to Kickserv. They did the changeover at 10am on a weekday when it was scheduled for 10pm. We were down all day and received no apology. The changeover broke several systems. It no longer syncs to quickbooks correctly. When a task is made for someone it no longer tells people who made it and the Kickserv team is basically AFK.

PROS

I like how easy it used to be to use. If I had to buy the new kickserv I would run away screaming

CONS

Terrible interface. Terrible tech support. Very slow. Incredibly convoluted. First you make a job with charges, then you have to "generate an Invoice" from that job, then you can enter a payment, then after entering that you can mark it paid, then after doing all of that you can mark the job complete. What a nightmare. Customers are syncing to the wrong customers in Quickbooks, which has caused an accounting nightmare.

As you mentioned, the upgrade process did not go as planned. Your upgrade was completed later than expected, due to an unforeseen issue with another account's upgrade. We're truly sorry this happened. After the upgrade, we discovered that you had recently changed your QuickBooks sales tax codes, which inadvertently left 97 of your 4997 customers without a proper sales tax code. We reset your sales tax code for those 97 records so that your taxes calculated properly. We worked with you extensively over phone and screen share until we resolved these and other issues to your satisfaction. It sounds like there are some things you don't like about the new interface. We would love to hear more about your concerns and also invite you to a free training session where we can discuss the changes in detail.

Replied February 2017

Kelly

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Used daily for free trial

Reviewed April 2017

Plagued with technical issues

I've been using Kickserv for my business for the last month and a half and it has been a nightmare. I was told directly by one of the founders that the programming is old. The customer service is AWFUL. It takes days to get answers back from support. The time on our jobs keeps changing depending on what brower we are using. Information doesn't save when you update. The way that information and control panels are set up are very confusing and obviously outdated. When two days worth of jobs come through to my employees by email, the date is SO TINY compared to the job title that you can barely tell that it's two different days of scheduling AND the times are moved around back or forward by 3 hours!! It took fumbling around with several settings before I could hide pricing from my employees after I had clearly turned off pricing for each employee. That took several days to get a solution from customer support. Now, I'm trying to fix an issue with my quickbooks and sync the old invoices with a new quickbooks account and OMG we can't do that and we have to hand recreate EVERYTHING. What a waste of time and money.

PROS

I like that on the app you can see the entire schedule easily as an administrator

CONS

All the technical issues and awful customer support who not only take 2-4 days to get back to you but provide not helpful responses and then wait two more days to respond back to you.

The customer is correct. Her timing could not have been worse. It is very regrettable that this happened. We are very sorry for the frustrations and downtime. We were just completing our migration of hundreds of our long time and many original customers from our legacy system to our new platform and with it brought unforeseen issues. We have since corrected all those inherited problems. We have quadrupled our memory. Reconfigured the search feature, gave custom reports a boost in processing power, and last but not least gave our Quickbooks sync its own set of processors too. All this enhanced our computing resources and brought us back to delivering 99.99% uptime and very good refresh speeds. We take our customers' data and our performance very seriously and will continue to look for ways to stay ahead.

Replied June 2017

Ambyr

Reviewed June 2017

Asked for help, via the chat bubble, tech Tina responded within a few hours!

PROS

The software is very organized, easy to navigate through, I like that there's more than one way to search for something. I think the Dispatch View is an amazing concept! I am in the service industry and have technicians that I send all over S. OC, having a map right there and not having to switch back and forth with google maps would be wonderful! I really hope they will be able to fully incorporate it into the software. The texting concept is another wonderful idea I recently saw added. A lot of my customers ask for texts because their at work and in meetings etc, so to have this feature fully functional would be another efficient bonus!

CONS

There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. Recently, the Kickserv Team had to do a massive switch over, customers from their old software switched over to the new one and it caused problems across the board. However, our business didn't suffer too much and Kickserv's tech team was on a solution right away! I also really appreciated their update blog while they were fixing everything. We also had a problem with syncing to Quickbooks and Quickbooks locking our ability to change contact info from Kickserv. But that's been fixed as well!

Jodi

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2015

Kickserv is a still

PROS

The product is simple to use and meets my customer service and scheduling needs for the price of the cloud software but also allows me to customize things without major programming or fees to get somebody else to do it. I paid for the Boot Camp training and was very worth it just to get things setup and understand the software. It sync's reliably with QuickBooks which has been a problem in the past for our company with other cloud based Customer Service Programs. The vendor has been GREAT! They feel like my team as they always respond within minutes to hours of my questions or problems I do run in to. I just send them a quick email and they help. Also they are always interested in my recommendations and are also getting feed back frequently from me and making improvements to the software. One thing that is great is that they provide a portal to the customer so any changes I make to an estimate or schedule or notes can be seen by the customer (they only see notes you want them to see). They can be abreast with what is going on with their work order. They also can pay for their invoice right online as well which I love so my customers have more control over their payment needs. Also our Kickserv is linked to our website so anytime a customer wants to contact us it creates an OPPORTUNITY in Kickserv for us to follow up on and notifies us via email that we have an interest. I would and have recommended Kickserv to other businesses.

CONS

This product does not handle the purchasing side of things which I would love to see. It sounds like they are looking into expanding this software to handle tracking purchases. Right now I just use QuickBooks for this. I also don't like the HTML language which is required for the setup of the invoice, estimates and work orders templates. It is hard to work with being I am not a programmer. I have managed to figure things out on my own with their help site and calling them. Its not a major issue but something I think they can improve on more. Again the Kickserv Team has been very helpful in anything I try to do or questions I have.

Jessica

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Small company that rapidly grew!

PROS

We love the simplicity of it, the work flow is really easy with the unschedule, scheduled, in progress, etc tabs. It keeps the jobs organized. We love that it is capable with our QuickBooks keeping our books stright is very important to us.

CONS

The mobile app has had a number of bugs and issues. But we contact customer service and it seems to fix. However we still run into minor issues here and there.

Hi Jessica, Your company has been a very loyal customer for 4 years now! Thank you. Plus, it's great to hear how much you like our Support team. Keep connecting with us with our in-app chat support because we are here to help.

Replied July 2019