All QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

CharRon

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

December 2021

Keep yourself in business with Quickbooks

Bob

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all. I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine. One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for an awesome review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2019

Laura

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted the web-based application for easier availability, scalability, and extensibility.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed a program that would have 24/7 uptime and allowed for faster uploads/imports.

Jodi

QBO is Life

Pros

It makes a very difficult task like accounting that people take years to learn an understandable and conquerable task for people without the proper education and background. I'm an accounting professional I never intended to be because of it. Payroll is a breeze!

Cons

The terms used for categories gets excessive sometimes but if you keep track then it isn't difficult to learn.

More money to manage

Laura

Not Happy, Stay with Desktop

I tried talking to my rep who sold me this because we'd like to go back to desktop and she didn't respond. I would not recommend online for anyone. It is a dumbed down version of the desktop and not where it should be as an accounting software.

Pros

Not much; I guess that I can use it from anywhere.

Cons

We paid for QB to transition our information & payroll over and they did an awful job. I was having invoices & bills show up from 4 years ago, payroll was only setup half way. You can't apply specific vendor credits to bills, it just comes over as a whole number. They have a new line item on the cash basis P/L of unapplied cash, can't get it off of there & online support was no help. Our bank accounts constantly get disconnected from it. It's hard to see what you are looking at when they have advertisements for everything popup in the window. Some of the headers on the pages are too big making it difficult to scroll and find what you are looking for.

Ross

October 2022

Excellent Software

Overall my experience has been good, a few times either myself or another user has made a mistake but with the help of online and phone support we got the issue fixed in a timely manner.

Pros

Overall the software is easy to use and robust New features have a learning curve as with most things, the online help with this is good.

Cons

The price can be daunting for smaller businesses or even individuals

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommendation from a friend who uses the lower tier package, but thought the higher tier package would be a good fit for us.

Julie

Industry: Fund-Raising

October 2022

Nice program - room for improvement but gets job done

Pros

I appreciate all the integrations with our bank and donor software - I don't have a lot of QuickBooks training but am able to manage everything on my own.

Cons

Customer service is terrible - call and chat features all give the run around and say a different department has to help and you end up on hold and never getting answers to important business questions. Best to have a network of other users to help you work through some problems as they come up.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

TechSoup offered the online advanced for a discount which also allowed us to incorporate budgeting and budget tracking as well as using classes.

Ché

December 2022

I love QuickBooks Online!

I am supremely pleased with QuickBooks Online and would prefer that all my clients utilize this program!

Pros

The ease of use, customer service, and product videos make QuickBooks Online a no-brainer when it comes to choosing an accounting program. Wish all my clients used it!

Cons

The payroll roll-overs can be challenging and time-consuming. I spent an entire day on the phone with customer service when rolling from Desktop to Online.

Anish

January 2023

User Friendly

It was so easy to use and we could do so many things.

Pros

It was so easy to track expenses and profit. We can look at the balance sheet profit and loss at any time.

Cons

I had no issue with the application. It was so easy to work with. I loved the application and was so user friendly.

Damian

Another fantastic Intuit product

Just as fast as efficient although with many more bells and whistles as the previous online version.

Pros

The downloadable features for transactions through banking is always fast and efficient.

Cons

Not as many features as the desktop version but more features as the prior online version.

Robert

January 2023

Quick books review

Pros

I can transfer invoices etc from other apps

Cons

Somewhat difficult to navigate in the online version

Kevin

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations. From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks. What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.

Molly

Best Move My Company Ever Made

The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We wanted a cloud based system since we utilize multiple instances. It made it easier to switch back and forth between companies.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It was too expensive and our organizational structure changed. We no longer saw the benefit for an expensive system with features we never used. The final straw was the fact NetSuite did not support 1099 preparation!

LeAnn

So much better than complicated systems!!!

We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Most efficient use of time and money with all the features we needed.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Abila was archaic and our installation was no longer supported. For our organization, even moving to MIP online would have been overkill and costly.

Richard

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed online/cloud functionality to be able to manage the business from anywhere from multiple devices.

Sara