All Google Classroom Reviews

Google Classroom Review: Amazing tool for all teachers and students

SM Iftekhar

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2021

A great platform for managing online education system..

Overall, I love to use this software as my daily driver. It saves my time & helps me to manage my studies in this pandemic effectively.

PROS

This software has almost everything that is required to conduct the course online. Our faculties can do Assigning courses, assignments, quizzes, share their class notes & attachments easily on this software. It has a great notification system for smartphones thus student doesn't miss out any important topic. It can also integrate many features from google service & our lecturer love this media more than other available alternatives. It has a clean UI & I love it personally.

CONS

I don't find any cons for this software. But the software would be self-sufficient if it integrates a group calling feature for conducting classes like the Microsoft team.

Reason for choosing Google Classroom

Microsoft Teams has a complicated interface. It's hard to find the attachment files from different courses in that software. The classroom is more optimized & has a clean interface. More importantly, it's so organized that we don't miss the calling feature of the Microsoft team.

Rohit

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Google Classroom Review

PROS

Simple to use interface; easily shares, gathers, and grades Google Workspace papers; connects with many other apps and websites.

CONS

There are little parent communications and no alternatives for standards-based grading

Tarik

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2022

My experience with using Google classroom

As a student, my experience with Google Classroom has been mostly positive. I like how convenient it is to access all of my course materials in one place, and I appreciate being able to collaborate on assignments with my classmates using Google Docs. It's also helpful to be able to see my grades and receive feedback on my work directly on the platform.However, I have also had some challenges with Google Classroom. It can be overwhelming at times to keep track of all the announcements, assignments, and resources that are posted, especially if I'm taking multiple courses. I find it helpful to use the calendar feature to stay organized, but sometimes I still feel like I'm juggling a lot of different tasks. I also don't like how easy it is to get behind if I miss a class or a deadline. It can be tough to catch up, especially if I don't have the chance to ask for clarification or extra help from my teacher.Overall, while I think Google Classroom is a great tool, it can be a bit overwhelming to use at times. It's important for both teachers and students to be familiar with the features and capabilities of the platform in order to get the most out of it.

PROS

One of the things I appreciate most about Google Classroom is the feedback feature. I find it really helpful to be able to see my grades and receive comments on my assignments directly on the platform. It makes it easier for me to track my progress and understand where I need to improve. I also like how easy it is to access and submit assignments using Google Classroom. It's convenient to be able to turn in my work electronically and not have to worry about remembering to bring it to class. Overall, I think Google Classroom is a great tool for keeping students organized and engaged in their coursework.

CONS

One thing I don't like about Google Classroom is that it can be a little overwhelming at times. With so many announcements, assignments, and resources all in one place, it can be hard to keep track of everything. I find it helpful to use the calendar feature to stay organized, but sometimes I still feel like I'm juggling a lot of different tasks. I also don't like how easy it is to get behind if I miss a class or a deadline. It can be tough to catch up, especially if I don't have the chance to ask for clarification or extra help from my teacher. Overall, while I think Google Classroom is a great tool, it can be a bit overwhelming to use at times.

Reviewed December 2023

Great LMS - Keeps it Simple

Using Google Classroom for 10 years. Google is dedicated to assisting teachers in creating an intuitive and easy to use product that works for all disciplines and grade levels.

PROS

Easy to use Intuitive Google is dedicated to updating with better features

CONS

Everything on the screens presents linearly. Would like screens to have an option for multiple columns.

Reason for choosing Google Classroom

We chose Google Classroom because it was better for our budget while still providing us with the tools we needed.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

Google Classroom was a more cost effective choice for our school

Riccardo

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Great way to organize and take classes

PROS

With Google Classroom I can easily access my courses and my courses materials, everything in one place.

CONS

It could use some innovations, some functions are a bit old

Gretchen Miller

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

I love Google classroom

I will always use this at work. I definitely can't picture training without it

PROS

Runs smoothly without any technical issues

CONS

I actually like everything about it. It's excellent!

Pam

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great for Information Exchange

Very positive overall…. The ability to exchange information with a large group of people quickly is very helpful.

PROS

The ability to upload training videos and materials that allow students to proceed at their own pace in the process.

CONS

Sometimes the tracking isn’t as robust as it should be. Students have had trouble uploading assignments.

Emmanuel

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Google Classroom My Distance Gap Bridge

PROS

I like the fact that I can reach my student at once from wherever I am. Giving them tasks to do and enforcing the submission time. That's awesome.

CONS

What I like least is the announcement. I would love if the instructors announcement can be different from the students announcement

agnes

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

used for a course

i have only been using google classroom weekly for a course. It was a little tough to learn the layout and where to go for different tasks, like sharing, submitting assignments etc. But once became familiar, it seems pretty straight forward. Overall good platform for courses.

PROS

It is easy to share content and work on group projects in a virtual setting. Also easy to add content, images, other documents that can also be shared by many in the same file

CONS

it can only be used online, therefore cant work on a project of line with option to connect and share. However content can be uploaded from another document.

Reviewed February 2024

A place to share all things with your friend or classmates.

PROS

Its feature add any file to be uploaded in a time.

CONS

It is not organised enough for daily use.

Alicia

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2020

Diverse use for students

It has been a very positive experience despite the glitches. Every year, Google improves Google Classroom.

PROS

It is very effective in creating differentiated instructions for students. You can assign different students different activities, thereby providing for all levels of learners in a classroom.

CONS

There is not enough variety of images in the forum option. Sometimes there are glitches in the system and the notification does not always pop up when students complete assignments.

Reason for choosing Google Classroom

It has other options besides Classroom. Google Meet and Google Hangouts are also very useful.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

It is easier to purchase a domain from Google. Microsoft Teams restricts its users to have account associated with the company.

Chamroeunrith

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Google Classroom best platform for Distance Learning

well, I can recommend google classroom for teacher who use for distance learning with student during covid situations. teacher not require high knowledge to use google classroom. also student are able to get their lesson and material faster than moodle.

PROS

- fully integrated with the Google Features such as video, lesson, track answer, integrated to assignment as well. - work on all devices, smart phone, laptop, chrome book etc. easy for student to use. - Integrated with meeting as well for live training. - Live record with meeting and integrated to google classroom.

CONS

- less features than moodle, moodle can customized the detail features than google classroom.

Reason for choosing Google Classroom

First related to the cost, and also the management interface google is more simple than other product, and fully integrated with their featues such as meeting, video, etc. Another option because google has caching server in local ISP that have enough banwidth not slow even though there have alot of student surfing the same lesson.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

because moodle need alot of customization and training for teacher to use, and also the bandwidth is limit as well for hosting, but with google classroom so fast because google have alot of CDN worldwide and costless as well, affordable price.

1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Importance Google classroom

Google classroom solved number of tasks for each class of different subjects. It helps alot during covid 19.

PROS

It provides most of features which I need for solving my daily bases Task for my classes. I can take attendence. I cna share notes and handouts. I can take quiz during time with record of time, answers etc.

CONS

Limited space is a big issue. Another missing feature is that we cannot take print of quiz form like a ms word. The pdf version needs alot of pages.

Reason for choosing Google Classroom

Providing eas to use and number of features especially the Google forms for surveys and quizzwa

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

Cannot take quiz or vidoe class

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Google Classroom is a must for today's classroom

I have been using Google Classroom in my middle and high school classrooms since its early beta stage. I can tell you with 6 different preps in a school day, this is a great way to keep myself and my students organized and on task.

PROS

Google Classroom is a great platform to use for setting up your daily activities in the classroom. It is used to put out information to your students, allows for collaboration as students complete their assignments, and allows for easy assignment submission. Although not a full course management systems - it operates as and contains the major functions of one in an easy to use format. Works across all platforms, especially great with the Google environment for Chromebooks that seem to be the device of choice in many school districts.

CONS

Google is updating their software frequently - which is good, but sometimes the changes are not announced ahead of time or in a way that prepares you or the student in advance to the change.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

Ease of use and time in setting up my classes.

Reviewed July 2021

The most effective platform for effective E-learning

I am very much please with this platform. It has made my online teaching very much effective and efficient. It has also allowed me to portray my expertise in organizing lessons and course contents.

PROS

Creating assignments, taking exams, sharing announcements, reaching out to students individually, storage of student assignment files in the linked Google account in well-structured manner, sharing of Google forms or links to resources from external sources help make educating students very efficient. Above all, it's free!! And who will not like a free utility with so many useful features.

CONS

The rubrics feature is limited to a very small number of student scripts/reports per assignment. Also, there should be an option to share audio as well.

Reason for choosing Google Classroom

It is linked to any of Gmail account that you own. Furthermore, no subscription is required for the majority of the features it provides free-of-cost.

Kearstyn

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

The Perfect Classroom Aide

Google Classroom is a wonderful way to distribute writing assignments to my whole class and comes complete with spell check to make the editing process all the easier for my learning writers. I express particular gratitude for the speech-to-text feature that I know I will be using for a long time to come.

PROS

One of the many reasons why I enjoy and regularly use Google Classroom is that I can assign tasks and prompts - whether it be a simple question for my students to respond to or an essay prompt - and have all my students be able to see such assignments and complete them. Everything is automatically saved so the occasional (and inevitable) “select all, delete all” disaster can easily be fixed, even if the student logs out and back in. The “Restore previous versions” feature has saved many an essay from being lost forever. My students can write, edit, and turn in completed work. I can also monitor their progress and leave notes of guidance. Students can also join more than one “class” which is exceptionally helpful as an RSP teacher. My students can see and complete written work from both their home-room and my resource class. One particular feature has truly saved several of my students who have difficulty writing, spelling, and typing and have thus turned in incomplete and lacking work in the past. But with the speech-to-text microphone feature, my students can verbally “write” their responses and not fixate on poor spelling or get frustrated about how slow they type. They can easily express their ideas in a hassle-free way.

CONS

The features I use and the mechanics that run them all work fine. My students and I don’t get too complex or try to push any limits so no real con has presented itself.

Reviewed November 2021

Great Web Classroom - Google Classroom

If you've read my entire post and want a brief overview of Google Classroom, my answer is: Great! It is a worthwhile and successful application. I recommend it to those who haven't tried it.

PROS

Basically using Google products is very easy. People get used to the use quickly. An easy to use and very powerful app in Google Classroom. Whether you use Google apps or not, you get used to the interface immediately. In addition, it offers you very useful tools. In the current period, distance education has gained great importance. In this process, we have used Google Classroom in many of our schools and we are very happy with the results. Our teachers use it seamlessly with their students. Assignments, course materials, exams are sent through this application. In addition, if your teachers know how to use Google Docs, Google Classroom supports Google Docs. You can share/send spreadsheets, e-documents, presentations within Google Classroom.

CONS

We have several possibilities that the app can improve. Interface should be customized according to classes. For example, middle school and high school students see the same design interface. As you can imagine, the expectations of the two levels may differ. For middle school students, homework is more important, while for high school students, exams are more important. Even this view may differ from school to school, from curriculum to curriculum. Teachers should be able to assign the same assignment to more than one class. Students should be able to receive notifications if they do not do their homework or are incomplete.

Joshua

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Google Classroom Changed my Teaching (for the better)

Overall, I love the ability to organize materials and assignments in a central place, by class, that students know to check for information. I can post links to videos and additional resources for extension activities that proves invaluable.

PROS

Ever since I switched to using Google Classroom as a primary classroom management system, my teaching life has been made so much simpler. While it was essential for running a virtual classroom during distance learning, I have found it just as useful as students returned to class. The ability to post all assignments in a central space that students are used to looking at means that I almost never hear the dreaded, "What did we do while I was absent?" question. Students who are absent know to check Google Classroom first. It also integrates nicely into our district's grading software, Synergy.

CONS

One drawback to the software is that it requires students to have a device of their own. In my district, students each have their own device that they take home, but if that is not the case, then it severely hampers the usefulness of Google Classroom.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

My new district used Google Classroom.