• Pros

• "Easy to use, it looks professional, lots of customizable features."

• "Excellent online software and compatible with all devices that we have. Makes taking bookings without hardly any interaction from us. Integrated payments with stripe work excellent. "

• "Best customer service by a far if we’ve ever had an issue or needed something to work differently the staff gets on it instantly"

• Cons

• "I really wish it could integrate with a processor other than stripe, maybe square other than that it is great"

• "I wish you could customize the care card layout better - it prints awkwardly and causes us to have to flip pages too often. Also the medication layout needs some work. "

• "Very hard to fault. Looking forward to Quickbooks integration to keep accountant happy. "

Browse Kennel Booker Reviews

Andy from Land Securities

Easy to use, but very powerful.

It makes running my cattery so much easier. I can't say there's anything that I don't like about KennelBooker. There have been a couple of things where I've thought "This could be better", and I've emailed the rep and he's fixed it the very next day!

Pros

KennelBooker includes everything I've needed to get my Cattery admin running smoothly - customer and pet records, booking schedule, at-a-glance views of which rooms are in use at any one time... On top of that, it has an excellent, yet simple, online booking tool for customers to use. It's mobile friendly too, so I can easily check the schedule and confirm online bookings when I'm out and about. I've been able to start slowly, making use of only the bits I needed, and then started using more and more of the features as I've settled into the business. First I just used it for bookings, then I started logging vaccination details, then uploading scans of vaccination certificates, pet photos, dietary notes, then I turned on the online booking, and now I'm exploring the online payments integration. One of the customer rep is very responsive to feedback and has made a couple of tweaks that I've asked for very quickly.

Kristen from Groovytown Dog Lodge

Kennel Booker Review

Great!

Pros

It is easy to use and easy for clients to understand.

Cons

Would like it if a booking reminder could be sent via email - I don’t want to establish a text relationship with my clients and that is currently the only option. Since confirmations show my email I don’t understand why that isn’t an option. I would also like it if there was a way for my clients to see their booking - perhaps by setting up a kennel booker account?

Response from Shanree Solutions

Replied October 2018

Hi Kristen, Thanks for the review, There is a online booking portal that you can add to your website, once set up your customers can log into their accounts, view and edit their data as well as their pets information. They can also add bookings request, sign digital booking waivers, upload pictures of their pets and upload scans of vaccination documents. You can find all of the settings to set up the booking tool here https://www.kennelbooker.com/kennels/settings_onlinetool.aspx as well as the code you need to add to your website. At the moment reminders are sent via sms, the open rate of emails is around 40% on average (and are much lower for reminder based emails) where as SMS open rates are nearly 100%. Additionally our rate of reported spam is incredibly low, and our email delivery rate is nearly 100%. We will be looking at sending emails for reminders though a different provider in the future as to not affect the delivery rate of mission critical emails! Stephen

Good support to change the program for your needs

Pros

Good support group to work with to get the software set up the way you operate your business

Cons

Basic reporting is good, but in depth data hard to get. Not good for accrual based accounting.

Response from Shanree Solutions

Replied October 2018

Hi - thanks for the review and feedback, We do allow kennels to export their booking data into excel of more in depth analysis. Also we can add custom reports into the software if there is a specific way you wish to view your booking data. We are working on integrations for both Quickbooks and Xero accountancy software packages - which are better suited to handling the complexities of actual based accounting. Thanks Stephen

Dawn from Eco Animal Pet

Very Simple Software For Kennel Owners

If you aren't extremely tech savvy, or simply looking for a very easy way to manage your kennel business- Kennel Booker really can't be beat. It's extremely intuitive and takes only a few minutes to really figure out all of the features. If you're looking for software with a lot of extra features, there are better options out there.

Pros

Out of all of the kennel boarding software that I have used, Kennel Booker is by far one of the simplest interfaces. It's very easy to navigate and has a very simple layout that makes booking, tracking, and managing appointments very easy. If you have a kennel that provides other services (daycare, training, etc) you can also manage all of those aspects in the same place- and can even view all appointments varying different services on the same page- which is very nice if you have only one or two employees managing all aspects of your work.

Cons

I have switched to other boarding software that had a few more features. This software is definitely a "no frills" approach to dog boarding organization- but there are other options out there that have a much more in depth interface. I prefer softwares with more features that really allow me to manage every single little aspect of my business in one place.

Nicole from Big River Kennels LLC

Easy to use all around

Kennel Booker makes doing business easy.

Pros

We were growing faster than I could keep track of all my pet vaccines and client information. Kennel Booker was a perfect solution for us. Now it is easy to keep track of all our pet and client information and Kennel Booker alerts me when vaccines are out of date. One less thing to look up when booking return clients. I can schedule for my specific site, runs, and services, sending tailored confirmation emails for all. The support we got when setting up for our site was wonderful. They were super attentive and helpful, walking us through each question we had, even adding new features that addressed specific things we wanted!

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do on Kennel Booker is to sort my financial/payment information by payment date, rather than just by booking/stay date. Lots of our clients split payments between drop-off and pick-up. When they are in the same month, its not a big deal, but when it crosses two months, my financial data is off.

Shana from Club Cat

Purrfect for cat hotels!

We noticed that a cat hotel in Southern California was using KB. After having had many demos from competitors that did not impress me because their solutions offered way too much for what we needed, even as we expand, we selected Kennel Booker. We made the absolute right decision. Despite being voluminous information on virtually everything on KB, I tend to take the lazy route sometimes and inquite via Chat. Stephen is highly responsive, informtive, and gracious never missing a beat. He has accommodated suggestions we've had on improving the customer experience which speaks volumes about Kennel Booker's desire to help its customers succeed.

Pros

Very user-friendly, intuitive system. I really like that KB is designed for maximum efficiency while not compromising efficacy. I also really like that I'm not paying 3x as much to use a program that I'm using only 30% of features / functionality - which is a waste. I am used to working with CRM software that has so many features and functionality that go unused. However, what I like the most is that we receive excellent customer service from Kennel Booker. That really makes all the difference in any industry, particularly for small business owners.

Cons

The only downside for us is that we cannot accept Discover payments for customers here in the US. This may be a Stripe issue not a KB issue as I know KB accepts Discover in other countries and Stripe has that option so it may just be that we are in the US. So far none of our customers have complained so not at all fatal. We just have not been able to figure out the problem.

Stacy from Tug Dogs

Very user friendly

Definitely minimizes the clerical work. It does take time to getting it customized to fit our needs.

Pros

It can be customized to suit your needs. It’s seems very basic at first but can be built the way you want it. Customer service is pretty helpful too

Cons

Invoices, etc can’t be sent digitally. Downloading the PDF to send to clients is time consuming and wastes space

Response from Shanree Solutions

Replied November 2018

Hi Stacy, Thanks for the review! We added a new feature a couple of months back to allow you to create and send an invoice directly from KennelBooker - I've added a link below to our knowledge base article on the feature. http://help.kennelbooker.com/invoicing-and-payments/send-an-invoice-to-a-customer Stephen

Allyson from The Social Hound Dog Park and Hotel

A must for dog park owner

It is a great program and has definitely made keeping track of customers much easier.

Pros

Organization of each customer. Picture of pet and vaccinations all available

Cons

The post cards with pics aren't easy to attach and send. I would like to be able to take a pic from my phone and insert with a note and send to customer. Would also like Kennel cards to have larger pics

Response from Shanree Solutions

Replied October 2018

Hi Allyson, If you log into KennelBooker from your smartphone, you can attach images straight from your camera, we also let you customise the text of the postcard template to save you a bit of time when writing notes to customers especially when on a phone. For the Kennel Cards we do have a number of templates that you can use and there is one which displays a larger image of the pet! You can find the templates here https://www.kennelbooker.com/kennels/sitesettings_boarding.aspx#runcards Thanks Stephen

Juliette from The Dog Mom LLC

Kennel Booker Review

I've been a Kennel Booker user for about a year now and I've seen how much more user friendly it has become. Any time I had a question or needed a feature added, the team was always so helpful and responded very quickly.

Pros

I love how I can customize nearly everything to fit my business and any feature that I may need, the team helps create it for me!

Cons

Right now, the struggle I'm having is creating daycare package bookings. Because I have my daycare clients pay during the booking process, I have it set so they are not able to book packages themselves. I have to create them in order to apply credit. I have to keep the packages set as unavailable so they don't see it as an option and turn it on when I'm ready to book. Unfortunately, this last time someone requested it, the package option wasn't available to me so I had to charge the package amount for a regular daycare booking and will have to remember to zero out the remaining days as they get booked.

Jennifer from Cateau Marmont

Industry: Veterinary

The best pet biz program!

I honestly have no complaints. Love this program and the people involved in putting it together and servicing our needs.

Pros

The customer service is above and beyond! They always respond to my emails right away. We are cats only and I do wish we could customize a little more but they have been amazingly helpful in customizing as much as they could. We used other programs and Kb’s ease of use is sueruoir to what I’ve used and seen. Love this program!

Cons

I do wish there was more detailed customization to my particular kennel.

April from Davis Animal Hospital

Kennel Booker

Decent option compared to others out there. I would love to see it integrate with practice management software. More custom options.

Pros

Easy to use. Good features like being able to email your clients confirmations for bookings and send postcards of their pets to them during their stay. Nice summary view to get a quick overall picture.

Greg from Prestige Pets Retreat Boarding Kennels & Luxury Cattery

Industry: Facilities Services

You cant find better than Kennel Booker

Excellent and we have trialled a lot of packages. We are in Australia and the software is very configurable. Very good customer service and rapid fix if anything found out of ordinary.

Cons

Response from Shanree Solutions

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review Greg, Quickbooks and Xero integrations are on the way! Stephen

Rebekah from Barkleys On The River

Brilliant!

The first thing that comes to mind is how amazing the representative was, his customer service skills are exceptional. Any questions I have are answered very quickly despite the time zones and he is willing to help us accomplish what we need to for our business. I have yet to find someone as willing and patient. I also really really like Kennelbooker itself. I tried a few different sites but as soon as I tried this one I knew it was going to be good. With his help, it's perfect for our business and it's extremely easy to use which is great as we need something quick and reliable. I like the representative is constantly looking to improve the software which is great for us. I am excited to use Kennelbooker to its full capacity, especially with the new updates coming soon. Overall, I would strongly recommend this to anyone who is looking for easy to use software, value for money and great customer service.

Pros

Easy to use, it looks professional, lots of customizable features.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I have a problem with as you can customize so much to suit your needs.

Christina from Golden retreat kennels

Great easy to use software

Pros

Cons

I truly can not think of any issues with the software

Katie from Katie's Ark Luxury Pet Retreat

LOVE KB - Excellent program and has everything I need to run my business

I must of looked at 10 plus kennel programs before choosing Kennel Booker. I am so glad I did choose KB. Very easy to use and train staff on. Stephen is very good to work with, always happy to hear your ideas and take them on board and add it the program. Online payment system talks perfectly to the customers booking. I am also looking forward to new features what will be added in 2017. 110% makes my life easier!

Pros

easy to use, Stephen is great to deal with

Cons

there are little things here and there but it is nothing major.

Christina from Golden Retreat Kennels

Best kennel software out there

Pros

- if they don't have an application you need there willing to figure out how to add it for you -super easy to learn -all of our records are now in one place

Heather from Millard K9s

This program has been great for my business! Cost effective and works great.

Pros

I like a few things most about this software. First is the fact that it has helped me to organize my boarding business and stay on top of bookings. Second the very reasonable price compared to other programs.

Pierre from Cove Corner Kennel

Kennel Booker review

makes scheduling easy

Pros

Ease of sorting and managing appointments. Ease of financial detail review.

Cons

Inability to copy and paste regular and repeating reservations

Connie from Bed & Biscuit Boarding &Boutique

Love the Product

We love the product. It is easy to startup and maintain.

Pros

Kennel Booker is easy to use. My staff have been able to learn and utilize the product with out difficulty.

Cons

I would like to see a module for sanctuary dogs, where we would be able to store intake and immunization records.

Response from Shanree Solutions

Replied October 2018

Hi Connie, Thanks for the review and the feedback! Can you email me at stephen@kennelbooker.com to explain a little bit more about your requirements for sanctuary dogs and we will see what we can do! Thanks Stephen

Daniel from FPB Lodge, Training & Domestic Pets Grooming LLC

Great product easy handling

very helpful in making adjustments to our needs. great and easy to handle by all in our company. great advantage for being a cloud based product.

Pros

Easy to handle and cloud based

Cons

nothing

Stephenie from Magnolia Boarding Kennel

Industry: Veterinary

Small kennel with big software

Pros

Online booking for clients, auto email confirmation and postcard.

Cons

Our kennel is small we just have boarding and daycare...I would like to have the complete software with the accounting.

Jennifer from Pampered Paws

I wish I found this program years ago!!

This is an incredible program with amazing customer support!! I'm still working on using all of the options properly but with the great support I think I'll figure it out before long. Its much easier than any others I have tried. One huge bonus is it auto updates to my google calendar on my phone! no more missed appointments! My customers love it and think its really easy because all they need to know is their email and no need to remember a password. If you are looking for a booking software stop looking now and use this!

Pros

Prompt customer support, ease of use and flexibility.

Cons

Needs a mobile interface for customer and kennel owner.

Steve from Cress Green Cattery

Easy to use and packed full of features to make your life easier.

Pros

After doing lots research I settled on using Kennel Booker for our Cattery and have now been using it for 2 months. I can honestly say that I couldnt be more pleased with my choice. There have been a couple of occasions when I have needed the software to be tweaked to suit my needs and just a quick email and he made the changes I need.

Cons

I would like to be able to pick holes in this software but am having trouble thinking of anything. Again, anything that isnt as I need it, I just let to know and will amend the software.

July 2016

Macaully from Cateau Marmont

July 2016

Skip the rest, this program is the best hands down.

I tried several highly rated programs before luckily finding kennelbooker.com. It's the easiest, most efficient program out there. The customer service is superb and they immediately met all my needs tailoring the program to what I needed. And it's half the price of the other less efiecient programs. Plus there was no set up fee. Why? Because it was so easy to learn I don't need any help setting it up. Do yourself a favor and skip all the rest. This program is hands down the best out there!

Pros

It's so easy to use. The customer service is prompt and is able to tailor the program to your companies needs.

Cons

Hmmm honestly I have no complaints.

Lisa from Woof Woof Ranch Ltd

Kennel Booker

Excellent customer support

Pros

Ease to use, and customer support. good tuturials

Cons

Some functions not needed for NZ market and aren't able to be taken off

jane from Hometown Kennels

very satisfied

My overall experience has been great. If I have a question it is answered promptly, and they have been able to change the programing to suit my facilities pricing.

Pros

It allows me to access the site from my phone, ipad, or computer

Cons

would like small tweeks to the program, IE: adding drop off and pick up times to the invoices, and adding the pets names to the invoices.

Response from Shanree Solutions

Replied October 2018

Hi Jane, Thanks for the review and the feedback, I'll be popping out an update to KennelBooker at the weekend to show the drop-off and pick-up times on the receipt along with the pets name!! Thanks Stephen

Casey from Rockin K Kennwls

Rockin K Kennels

Pros

I love that I can make reservations and adjustments from anywhere!

Cons

I wish I could reset customers passwords for them.

Kim from Come Stay Play LLC

Worth the money

Professional and helpful. There is a chat icon which pops up sometimes when you are in the software. The ability to chat with the team in real time is priceless.

Pros

The customer service is great. Even being 8 hrs behind customer service. The team gets back to you as soon as possible. I like the fact that we can do everything mobile /real-time which gives you a step ahead of your competition.

Cons

Been using it for a month so we are still getting the bugs out so I can't say.

Sam from Silverhill Cattery

Industry: Music

One of the best moves I did for my cattery business!

I had looked at many software programs for my business and always found fault with them. Then I came across KennelBooker! It has changed my life for the better. So easy to use, even to the extent my staff who are not tech savvy at all have found there way around the program very easily. It has allowed me to maximise my time so much more efficiently. Whenever I have ever needed help, they answer my queries very quickly which is fantastic. If your looking to make the move I could not recommend KennelBooker highly enough.

Pros

Ease of use, time efficient, lots of different uses.

Cons

Cannot fault it.

Heather from Millard K9s

Best value for your money hands down!

I am very happy with this system. It is easy to use and does the job I need it to do. What I love most though, is the wonderful customer service. My business is a little unique in some areas and the support staff was on the ball helping to tweak the software to match our needs. Highly recommend.

Pros

Ease of use. The great customer service.

Cons

I would love a little more "flash". A cleaner, fresher platform with perhaps some graphics would be awesome. Obviously, not that important but .

Has it all

Keeping track of our runs and availability is much easier with this software

Pros

Has everything you need for general boarding to daycare and training. Cost is reasonable compared to others in the market

Cons

Some screens could be a bit easier to navigate it seems at times like you have to back track through the software. As we use it more it’s not a big issue

Christine from Homestyle Dog Care

Just Perfect

I needed a software that was easy to use and set up and Kennel Booker met my needs at an affordable price

Pros

Kennel Booker was exactly what i was looking for, no additional bells and whistles just what I need. It was easy to set up and easy to use. I could customize it easily

Cons

The training module cant be customized too much, but I work around it

Amy from Style and Stay

The Best Kennel Software Ever!

We started using this Kennel Booker after trying a few others that claimed that they were easy to use and had great support - which was never the case. We lucked out and purchased this product. The best thing we could ever do for our new and growing business. Customer Service could not be better, and if I think of something, a simple email and normal response is within 15 minutes, if not sooner. Software is easy to use and price is great! I can check for appointments and boarding anywhere at any time on computer/ smartphone or tablet. Records can be scanned in or entered manually. Thank you rep and crew for always being here for us, you make our business your business!!

Derek from YP, The Real Yellow Pages®

A great solution with Incredible support!

Pros

KennelBooker is a thoroughly modern solution that fits very well with how we run our kennel. I thought I had exhausted the internet looking for kennel administration software and was ready to find an SQL developer and build my own when I found Kennelbooker. Best of all, one of the customer rep has provided an incredible level of support throughout the entire process, answering multiple questions before we even started the free trial period.

Cons

Doesn't (yet!) have the availability to book our training classes. However, the customer rep was more than willing to discuss this need with us and look into adding it to the software.

Tamara from Veterinary

Absolute time saver

When we began using Kennel Booker we were having issues with losing track of care plans and keeping up with what each client needs. Kennel Booker has been great.

Pros

The kennel saver has been an amazing asset to our business. I not only work in a vet clinic, but we also have a groomer that utilizes our kennel space. With kennel saver we have the ability to book and label patients that are visiting with us. This helps us keep track of exactly what each patient is being seen for.

Cons

We have not really found any cons at this time. We really enjoy using this software, and it helps us stay organized and efficient.

Christina from Golden Retreat Kennels

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent Customer Service and software

You will not find better customer care. Kennel booker is one of the best systems we have found for our kennel! Whenever we have an issue their staff is quick to find a solution and add plug ins to tailor it to our needs

Pros

Ease of use and the companies willingness to add in options to tailor it to your needs

Tyler from High Velocity Canine LLC

Excellent Booking Program!

Pros

Very easy to use and very easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish the customers info was available on every page