• icon"This helps us keep track of exactly what each patient is being seen for."
  • icon"I like the ease of use, mobile access and great customer support."
  • icon"It is easy to use and easy for clients to understand."
  • icon"The only downside for us is that we cannot accept Discover payments for customers here in the US."
  • icon"Not been mentioned to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the team yet, no doubt they'll be as helpful as possible when discussed."
  • icon"Setting rates can be a little difficult for public holidays/peak periods with different tiers of rates."

All Kennel Booker Reviews

Andy

Easy to use, but very powerful.

It makes running my cattery so much easier. I can't say there's anything that I don't like about KennelBooker. There have been a couple of things where I've thought "This could be better", and I've emailed the rep and he's fixed it the very next day!

Pros

KennelBooker includes everything I've needed to get my Cattery admin running smoothly - customer and pet records, booking schedule, at-a-glance views of which rooms are in use at any one time... On top of that, it has an excellent, yet simple, online booking tool for customers to use. It's mobile friendly too, so I can easily check the schedule and confirm online bookings when I'm out and about. I've been able to start slowly, making use of only the bits I needed, and then started using more and more of the features as I've settled into the business. First I just used it for bookings, then I started logging vaccination details, then uploading scans of vaccination certificates, pet photos, dietary notes, then I turned on the online booking, and now I'm exploring the online payments integration. One of the customer rep is very responsive to feedback and has made a couple of tweaks that I've asked for very quickly.

Nikki

Big fan of KB

We've had an overall great experience.

Pros

Easy of contacting customer service, for my entire team. I needed software that the team members could troubleshoot so it made my life easier. We like almost everything about Kennel Booker and the things we would change are pretty minimal.

Cons

I listed most of them on the previous screen. I didn't list one thing that would help tremendously and is probably one of the most stressful parts of my life during Dec/Jan. The subscriptions and the services are very difficult to update pricing for. The subscriptions are tied to Stripe, so I am sure there's not much that can be done about that. I noticed when we updated prices that we had to manually change them in each portal location for each scheduled service.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

We needed software that could handle multiple locations, with a client portal that was linked for use of credits / info, ability to connect to Stripe, that allowed annual / monthly subscriptions, cost, and customer service availability.

Reasons for switching to Kennel Booker

We needed software that could handle multiple locations, with a client portal that was linked for use of credits / info, ability to connect to Stripe, and that allowed annual / monthly subscriptions.

Cecilia

Lovely and confusing

Purpose wise, our needs are met. But It would be awesowe to be able to decide what yoy would like on the "first page" så the features we use more often could be easy access...

Pros

I like the fact that you are aloud to klick on different parts in the program and still manage to get to were you want. there is not just an ONLY WAY of access, but several.

Cons

The fact that we still have't figured out how two customers that booket the same dates of stay - and get different quantity of days/nights. One had 7 nights and the other one 8 nights... How come? :) And some functions is hidden in text that work like links but with no appearence of that function...

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

Affordable and met our needs.

Jenn

Industry: Veterinary

Good program

it has been an ok program to work with. good for the industry

Pros

good at keeping client information, and online bookings

Cons

the individual pages get bogged down, when you use the activity portal, we had to create our own airtable to record activity, since we have dogs that stay with us long team. Also, when a client has multiple dogs boarding, it will not separate them out on the boarding calendar, so if the client has 5 dogs, it will show all 5 dogs in 5 different slots on the calendar (this sucks). would love for the activities to have a portal on the daily overview page, so that you could from there input items, but that will only be helpful if you can keep the individual dog pages from bogging down.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

it seemed to be the better option, and has been.

Reasons for switching to Kennel Booker

we only used 35% of the dog biz capabilities, and for what we needed it wasn't worth the cost.

Julia

Kennel Booker - Excellent for Daycares & Boarders

Kennel Booker keeps our business flowing and we can see ahead and optimize our bookings

Pros

Ease of use, good support, you can see quickly the coming weeks business

Cons

Subscriptions model only available for daycare. We would like see subscriptions extend to dog walking, grooming and any other services offered

It covered 80% of what we wanted

Reasons for switching to Kennel Booker

Gingr financial reporting & accuracy was awful, no subscription available

Vanessa

Dog Daycare

Puts the customer in charge but allows the business to control the extent

Pros

Easy to use, once set up this software is a dream. Customers have the ability to book in which makes the business run so much more efficiently. With the exception of the con below generally very happy

Cons

One issue really .... Example Tuesday evening, you have set out customer name boards for all the dogs who are booked in for Wednesday say 45 dogs You arrive Wed morning and you now have 55 dogs now booked in.....there is no way on KB to see who the extra 10 are !!!!

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

Based in Ireland so no time difference and price

Life was too short

Julie

Excellent Software

Kennel Booker has been a great experience. When I couldn't figure out how to do something they were very responsive to my questions. They always get back to me quickly and help me solve my questions. I find this program easy to use and set up. Kennel Booker regularly makes updates and improvements to the software. They are always listening to us that use it daily when we run into things or request new improvements.

Pros

This software is easy to use and provides everything I need to effectively run my boarding kennel. This product provides a full service from scheduling to maintaining clients’ accounts to sales of products and services. It has an easy to use setup for online registration and booking for clients. This software is customizable to suite your needs. The software developer is very open to helping develop specific items you may need to make your business work. This software also intrigants with several online payment systems and with QuickBooks. It's a great product.

Cons

Although, they are very good at helping provide customizable integrations there are a few things that I wish it had. I wish there were a few more financial reports available. There is a nice timecard option I wish that intergrated with Quickbooks payroll. I wish there were a bit more things that could be customized by me such as automatic emails or messages to clients. Few more customizable settings for online registration and bookings would be nice. They have a help section but it could be a bit more complete. There has been a few things I looked for that wasn't addressed.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

I loved the look and feel of Kennel Booker. They provided a free trial which allowed me to play with it and set it up first. It was very easy to set up and once I started I knew this was the program for me. This program does everything from online booking and payments for clients keeps everything on tract for me. All my employees learned it quickly and everything they need to know is in one place and easily accessible. It allows me to run my business efficiently and frees up my time to do other things.

Industry: Veterinary

August 2022

The silent king of kennel software

Phenomenal. I spent a lot of time playing with it before I signed up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] spent a lot of time answering my a million questions and still, when I forget something or don’t know where to find it, they’re always so helpful. You basically can adapt almost every aspect to cater to your needs. I couldn’t be more pleased.

Pros

Hands down, the ability to customize almost every aspect to fit your needs is by for the most important feature this software offers. Most all issues I encounter are resolved usually within the hour if not less. The programmers really listen to the needs of their clients and they take suggestions and often implement them. I can’t imagine using any other software.

Cons

The inability to send customers our waivers to sign via email without them having to log into their account and/or request a service. Who knows, they may have fixed this but last I asked they hadn’t. This is important for my older clientele who are not really keen on the use of technology. I generally have to spend more time walking them through the steps when I could easily fill out all the info and just send their waiver to review and sign in an email.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

I feel like a broken record. Customization. ha..

Reasons for switching to Kennel Booker

Unsatisfied with customer service and the inability to customize simple things that should be customizable!

Katie

August 2022

KennelBooker was the best thing I did starting up

I love it. I looked at other booking software and this is the best for the value by far.

Pros

It is so easy to use, track vaccinations, organize bookings and see my daily to do

Cons

I would love an app I can send my clients. I would also like to be able to put private clients notes (like if we have had any issues in the past)

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

Price, functionality, ease of use to

Sonia

October 2022

Kennel Booker doing a great job for diverse kennel facility

Excellent - saves us time and keeps track of money - nice to have customers log on, put everything in, and pay without hours on the phone.

Pros

I find new software quite daunting, and had tried another company's product, which was horrible. Kennel Booker was easy to set up, customers have no problems with it - its management reports etc are useful and we are very happy with it.

Cons

There are some things which could be easier to customise, and we havent yet set it up to integrate wtih Xero.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

Service (which has been excellent), flexibility, and online presentation and ease of use for customers.

Reasons for switching to Kennel Booker

the previous software was nightmarish to understand and set up, and we couldnt get it to work for us. It had a very unprofessional colouring and setup which customers saw, and we couldnt change that.

Elaine

Best Bang for your Buck

Pros

Great customer service -[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are very responsive and take customer feedback into account when making updates! The cost is fantastic, and a lot of features are customizable in the settings, from what individual pet spaces are called (runs, rooms, kennels, etc.) to what invoices and run cards look like. The built in email capabilities are awesome - that alone has saved us so much time.

Cons

The overall interface can be a little clunky from time to time, and periodically there are system glitches. They’re always solved quickly, but are frustrating nonetheless. Looking at the calendar from one month to the next isn’t possible without changing pages, which makes viewing reservations over those periods a little more challenging.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

Price and responsiveness were the main driving factors.

Reasons for switching to Kennel Booker

Our version was being discontinued and we had some frustrations with the software company.

Jen

Great multi platform system

Really positive. Great responses to any queries I have had and overall a really simple and effective tool. I have two other friends both having stared catteries since I have been using the system and both signed up for Kennel Booker on my recommendation. Would happily recommend to all.

Pros

Great having all the bookings and info accessible on a range of devices so as to quickly check availability or status of booking wherever I am. Customer support is great, always responsive and helpful.

Cons

It would perhaps be great to have a rolling 4 week calendar with optional start date instead of calendar months so it is easier to check available space over the end/beginning of months. And I would LOVE an option to drag and drop bookings into a different pen in calendar view or 'swap' bookings rather than having to open the booking. It can be fiddly to move bookings around to create linear gaps. Doable and not a deal breaker but could be easier I think. Likewise a month view of walks/visits etc so you can quickly see when you have visits booked in without scrolling through the days individually would be a great addition.

Huw

Fantastic software and service

Everything required and more. Great platform for a business to flourish and grow.

Pros

This software has become the back bone of may of our operations. Its extremely efficient and keeps everything organised and professional. Customers seem very at ease and have confidence in using daily. In any event we have offered suggestions to improve any features on our end it has always been welcomed and actioned quickly and effortlessly - a fantastic service that makes us feel like privileged customers. Efficiency is alway key in any business - Kennel Booker without a doubt helps us be as efficient as possible in terms of record keeping, booking processing and accounting purposes - to name a few.

Cons

In all fairness there are no issues. Moving forward we would like to see some deeper integrations with the likes of Mailchimp etc for marketing benefits. Not been mentioned to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the team yet, no doubt they'll be as helpful as possible when discussed.

Reasons for choosing Kennel Booker

It felt personal, professional, efficient and the right fit for our business

Kristen

Kennel Booker Review

Great!

Pros

It is easy to use and easy for clients to understand.

Cons

Would like it if a booking reminder could be sent via email - I don’t want to establish a text relationship with my clients and that is currently the only option. Since confirmations show my email I don’t understand why that isn’t an option. I would also like it if there was a way for my clients to see their booking - perhaps by setting up a kennel booker account?

Response from Shanree Solutions

Hi Kristen, Thanks for the review, There is a online booking portal that you can add to your website, once set up your customers can log into their accounts, view and edit their data as well as their pets information. They can also add bookings request, sign digital booking waivers, upload pictures of their pets and upload scans of vaccination documents. You can find all of the settings to set up the booking tool here https://www.kennelbooker.com/kennels/settings_onlinetool.aspx as well as the code you need to add to your website. At the moment reminders are sent via sms, the open rate of emails is around 40% on average (and are much lower for reminder based emails) where as SMS open rates are nearly 100%. Additionally our rate of reported spam is incredibly low, and our email delivery rate is nearly 100%. We will be looking at sending emails for reminders though a different provider in the future as to not affect the delivery rate of mission critical emails! Stephen

Replied October 2018