All OptiSigns Reviews

Highly Recommend OptiSigns.

Jessie

Utilities, 51-200 employees

True Time Saver!

PROS

I love being able to schedule all 3 (soon to be more) displays at once. I used to have to go in and schedule each one independently before OptiSigns. OptiSigns is so easy to use and is saving me a ton of time! Also being able to tell whether or not a display is online is huge. Before I'd have to ask if a display was working or find out myself, only to hear oh yeah it's been blank for days. So far the platform has been really user-friendly. We're looking to add more displays to our account in the somewhat near future!

CONS

I can't currently think of a bad thing to say. Even the price isn't unreasonable.

Renee

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2024

Perfect. Everything I was looking for.

Absolutely cannot say enough about this product and the people that stand behind it! A customer service representative was willing to meet with me over a video chat BEFORE I'd even agreed to purchase the product or sign up for the subscription. He answered every question with great professionalism and until I understood everything I needed to do in order to get stared. The product and subscription is extremely affordable. After my purchase, I had more questions I posed over email. This company is highly responsive. I have consistently gotten a response same or very next day. They make themselves available through phone, email and video chat. Love LOVE LOVE that! It really humanizes this entire experience. The device is very easy to operate. The website is user friendly (and I am not tech savvy). I love the fact that I can log into ANY computer and change my monitor from ANYWHERE! My monitor is used to display a myriad of information monthly to include, schedules, days off, holidays, class days, who's on-call, who is backup instructor, a fun movie quote of the month, birthdays and fun GIF's!

PROS

Responsiveness of customer service, pricing & ease of use.

CONS

The "undo" feature will sometimes undo multiple tasks instead of just the last one performed.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

The DAKboard was a good product, but only in theory. It was a similar product in that you use it to display information on a monitor pushed to a screen from a website. However, what you see on your computer did not match what was pushed to the screen. ZERO issue with OptiSigns!

Ryan

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

I've tried them all - Easiest and most reliable one out there!

We've had zero problems. It's SUPER user friendly and easy to train others to use/update all our content. Phenomenal experience

PROS

It does exactly what I want when I need it done. I can be miles away and I can change my signage and update my playlist. It's exactly what I needed. There are free options out there, however they don't have as many features and they are nowhere near as reliable

CONS

The price - I would like to add more displays, but the cost per screen per month would really be too much.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

ease of use of the abundance of features.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

cost vs accessibility. I could have paid a lot more and got similar features... but OptiSigns was the greatest premium platform for the price. The free apps just didn't have what I needed in the long run.

Wilton

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Very easy to setup. We deployed about 30 raspberry pi's for a customer and it took not time at all.

PROS

Easy to set up, cost-effective and extremely intuitive

CONS

I don't have much to say here. Nothing comes to mind

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Xibo signage requires significant training for end users

Skye

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Easy & Reliable

So far, so good. We haven't issues with this company, it works, and it displays what we ask it to.

PROS

We were with another company previously, and there was always connection issues and it would randomly stop. Now we're able to keep our screens displaying all day, in both of our offices.

CONS

I don't like the way the scheduling is set up, the other company was easier to use/understand in that aspect

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

I can't remember the name of the other company, but it was more expensive, and it was glitching during the setup trial, so we went with OptiSigns instead.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

The screens were going out every other day, and it was so hard to fix, or get right that it wasn't worth the hastle

Music, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Increase customer engagement with relevant promos and ads

I'm a fairly new user but so far the product has been excellent. I love it when a product seems to have thought of everything. There has been many times where I would say something like, "I wish it could..." and sure enough, there was an option already available.

PROS

The ability to run photo and video promos to our customers is huge. Being able to push new content from a remote location also saves us time. Scheduling and expiring content is another plus for us. Love that we can control this in a single visit to the platform.

CONS

Wish all the features worked on devices like Apple TV and Roku rather than having to purchase a dongle for every screen.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Needed a resource that offered everything OptiSign does.

Thanks Michael, We'll definitely keep your feedback on devices variations in mind for further research and improvement Best regards, Kate N

Replied June 2024

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Lifesaver for my Roku Display

So far extremely pleased with the ease of use and functionality!

PROS

The ease of use was great. OptiSigns has an app on Roku but the stick is what we needed and works perfect. Our Roku was shutting off even after we disabled all timers and screensavers. When we used the stick it has been perfect...That is a Roku issue that OptiSigns bypassed and saved us!

CONS

A longer trial would be nice, but I didn't ask for an extension either

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Price and functionality were the main factors. so far no issues

Kevin

Aviation & Aerospace, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Brilliant software, easy to manage and save a lot of time.

Like it, will recommend it to collage and friends even outside of the group.

PROS

OptiSigns let me manage about 20 screens in different location. It's easy to update and has a remote access function. Instead of using RDP or Teamviewer, Optisign save lot of my time.

CONS

Not really. My company pay a fortune to buy the software, but this is not really a problem for me.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Old software always failure and it didn't let me manage the screen.

Caspar

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great hospitality upgrade in our restaurant!

Our goal was to do an upgrade from our regular TV and USB stick setup, which was a pain to manage and therefore very static. We have started a 30-day trial, which is great because of a lack of pressure. Spare time is very limited in the restaurant business. So this gave us plenty of time to evaluate and test out its features. Not requiring a credit card is also nice. Furthermore, the restaurant business is always clamoured for budget. Especially in these Covid-times. Giving us the opportunity to go forward with cheap hardware and software investments (most of the parts were already in place) and delivering a works-just-fine experience is a pleasant surprise. Going forward gave us (all of the personnel) great ideas to pursue with our new found digital signage solution.

PROS

Most prominent features for us are the smooth integrations with the Socials. Instagram and Facebook (business) feeds were a breeze to setup. As well as our Google and FB reviews. This is just great to see for our customers (feedback) as well as our personnel (pride of work). Note: Some other offerings failed totally at or did not support this at all. Any media type (pictures and video) we have thrown at it so far works just right out of the box. Whether in landscape or portrait mode. And being able to fling together a picture with captions, icons and stickers at a moment’s notice is great! The flow from recording on your phone to showing on screen takes 15 minutes. It just works stable and like a charm on our 'low-end' hardware, like our Mi TV Sticks (Android TV). Haven't seen any crashes yet. And rest assured that the app will recover and update itself in case of any issues. Very good set-and-forget setup.

CONS

Having just trialed OptiSigns for a couple of weeks now we have not come across any issues of mention yet. Surely it may lack some super detailed or niche feature sets, customization options or device management others may offer, but the pricing per screen completely makes up for that. The management system may be a bit overwhelming for our employees to self-manage. So management of assets may remain with me, the IT admin, such is life. Although this may be overcome with giving them e.g. access to a Google Slides presentation and incorporate that. And of course, the social and other feeds update themselves automatically. If OptiSigns ever would offer an easy fool-proof phone/tablet-to-screen (iOS and Android) content-creation phone app to manage assets this would be a killer solution!

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

The price-performance comparison is favorable for OptiSigns. It did everything we required and more at a reasonable price per screen. It just works great on low-end hardware. Which is fantastic if your organisation is working on a tight budget. Going from static images to using social feeds and videos is already a huge step forward for us. Having other options available to us in the future (better hardware and further apps to explore) only adds to our excitement to build on this.

Levi

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Very functional mobile app and easy to adjust content from anywhere

The ease of use, ability to schedule content from anywhere, and quality of playback using OptiSigns has been a gamechanger for us. We continue to find new ways to engage our guests now that we have unlocked so many possibilities with a platform that stays up to date with technological changes in the industry.

PROS

It is so easy to schedule content, edit playlists and switch out media.

CONS

There are some small interface issues with scheduling custom repeating events that show up here and there. This is not a major issue as it can be solved by refreshing and recreating the event, but it is worth refining. I also would like to see the emergency message center added to the mobile app, and a bit quicker response on the support side. These are all things that I believe will be improved as this platform continues to grow.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

OptiSigns offered the features we needed for what we felt was a reasonable price. Many providers charge more for a system that is not as easy for entry-level employees to use and more tedious to update or set up.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

We will continue to use CenterEdge Advantage for many other aspects of our facility management. The Digital Signage platform they offer is not their main priority, nor is it the most important service they provided for us. We needed a more robust solution for signage, and OptiSigns delivered.

Jesus Hiram

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Very good service

When the platform is working like it should, it´s perfect, great tools and ease of use.

PROS

It´s a robust platform, it´s very easy to use and deploy, we can have hundreds of players working on multiple Teams.

CONS

Some times there are problems with the servers and the service in general, like when I´m unable to upload content, unable to use Canva, White label platform doesn´t work like the official one.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Ease of use and better tools.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Broadsign it´s not a visual platform, it doesn´t have a friendly interface and it´s not easy to use for the final client, doesn´t have Templates and Apps.

Barret

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

OptiSigns Review

Overall, we have had a pleasant experience with OptiSigns. It was a much better solution to our previous Digital Signage company and we are looking to expand the signage to more locations.

PROS

OptiSigns was extremely easy to implement throughout our 15 branches and fit our budget. Scheduling content for specific locations was a plus for us as well.

CONS

The On/Off Feature with the managed devices does not always work, we are still trying to iron this issue out.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

The portal was much more user friendly and OptiSigns had the ability to schedule the devices to turn on and off themselves.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Using a WordPress site as our signage was not sustainable. In order to get updated content out, branches would have to refresh their computer. Having a platform that automatically refreshed content allowed us to be light on our feet in terms of marketing and promotions.

Brant

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Best Digital Signage Platform on the Market

OptiSigns allows me update 3 large TV screens spread across two different floors of our agency. I'm using video, still images, an Instagram connected feed, local weather widget and other media on occasion and through playlists can set things just the way I want. Troubleshooting remotely is a blessing and it's low cost just sweetens the whole deal!

PROS

The intuitive setup and ease of use when working with media of all sorts really helped get content on our agency's screens quickly and easily. The added plug-ins for social helped too because it reduced the amount of content that we have to update manually – we get just set, adjust and tweak until we get the desired result. Perfect!

CONS

This isn't really a knock on OptiSigns, but our pain point was working with BrightSign players and their terrible interface to even get to OptiSigns. Once the endless provisioning and reboots were complete, selecting and using a partner software for the players were a breeze.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Pricing and features were the number one reason to start the free trial as a test run to make sure it offered everything we needed. The fact that it checked all the boxes and was simple to use made it a no brainer.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

enPlug's pricing made renewing with them prohibitive. We had not renewed during the pandemic since we were out of the office, but starting back up led us to look around at what alternatives would work best for us in terms of price and functionality.

Fausto

Chemicals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Optisigns and Outstanding, Incredible, and Versatile Product

I feel that Optisigns may be the best product on the market to create and maintain TV displays in use at corporate offices, retail and food establishments, educational establishments and more. The product is easy to understand, and use, but the options and features that are available seem endless. So far my experience with Optisigns has been amazing, I have been amazed at what I have been able to create using Optisigns. You can create online menus, online signage loops, emergency notifications which can be controlled remotely to be displayed only in certain areas and on demand, the options and featured through Optisigns are numerous, but are exciting to test and see. I enjoy working with the Optisigns applications, and I marvel at my testing and at what I have so far been able to create. Thank you Optisigns for providing such a versatile product filled with so many options and features.

PROS

The Optisigns application did not limit me to a layout design, it allowed me to create a screen layout as needed to display the video content as requested by the corporate Director of Media and Communications. I was able to create multiple screen display on a single split screen which was split into many smaller display areas. I also use the scheduling feature to automatically schedule different screen contents based on the time of day. With the use of playlists I was able to further automate the content of the displays. I am always testing the Optisign application features to see what features are available, recently one test was to display a Birthday celebration message for our office manager, it was timed perfectly and on schedule, it consisted of a video and playlist, the office manager was quite happy with what was displayed when she walked into our main reception area. Support for the Optisigns product is amazing, if I encountered any issues, I would contact technical support and almost immediately receive a response from [sensitive content hidden] with a solution. Optisigns is an amazing product, it has so many options and features that it allows an admin to create and control signs and displays for any event, or business. One quick tip, if you are trying to accomplish something that seems impossible with Optisigns, contact Technical Support, more likely the Optisigns application will allow you to accomplish what you wish. I learned to think outside of the box with Optisigns. I highly recommend this product.

CONS

I so far have not encountered some feature, option, or situation with the Optisigns product application, this is why I keep testing and trying the various options available. There is so much to try and be amazed at. If and when I encounter something I will provide an update.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

While testing the Novisign application under a trial license, I encountered security issues, I created and deleted screens and then was not allowed to recreate a screen. I contacted support and they were not able to resolve the issue, I was not able to create a new screen. Support was looking for a cause to the issue, but it was taking much too long. I uninstalled the Novisign application and install and tested the Optisigns application as a trial, I was quite surprised at how quickly I was able to get our Signage display up and running, and as I tested the additional options and features, I was more impressed at this product. When I checked the cost of subscription, it was quite inexpensive and easy to sell back to corporate.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Hypersign features and options were limited, the cost was expensive, and the support was not prompt at providing a response to an issue. What made us decide to switch to a new product was that the Chromebox on which Hypersign was installed, would receive a chrome update for a new release and features within Hypersign which were in use, no longer functioned correctly, because it was not supported within Hypersign which was now running on a newer release of chrome. I was infomed by the technical support team at Hypersign that I should consider upgrading the Chromebox being used. We switched to Optisigns and there no issues, and we have Optisigns running on the same Chromebox, now running the most current release of Chrome. With Hypersign, when a Chromebox update was received I would have to revert (restore) the older release of Chrome OS so that all features within Hypersign would function properly.

Hi Fausto, Thank you for your detailed and positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that Optisigns has met your expectations and provided the flexibility needed for your dynamic display requirements. It's also great to know that the application's features have contributed to the success of your projects. We appreciate your recommendation and are delighted to have you as a satisfied user. If you ever have any questions or encounter new features, options, or situations, feel free to reach out to our technical support team. We're here to help! Warm regards, Kate N

Replied November 2023

Thomas

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

OptiScreen: Great features, but watch out for the cost!

Overall, we are very satisfied with OptiScreen. It has fully met our expectations in terms of functionality and ease of use. Despite the high cost, we would recommend it, especially for companies that value a professional and modern presentation. We hope that the cost structure will perhaps be adjusted in the future, especially for the European market.

PROS

We at VOELKER Finance OHG are really enthusiastic about the versatile functions of OptiScreen. The ease of use and flexibility of the system is particularly helpful, allowing us to design our digital displays efficiently and creatively. It fits perfectly with our modern approach and the quality of the display is top notch. The ability to manage everything digitally has also helped us a lot in our day-to-day mobile work.

CONS

The price is a bit of a damper. For a cool and modern company like us, quality is important, but the cost of OptiScreen is quite high. In addition, the shipping costs for the devices to Europe are quite steep, which is unfortunately a disadvantage for us as a company based in the Ore Mountains.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

No decision has been made yet. We are still waiting for an answer.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

The switch to OptiScreen was a logical step for us. We were looking for a solution that would offer us more options and flexibility, especially in the area of digital ad design. OptiScreen convinced us with its great backend and advanced features. It allows us to work creatively and efficiently, which fits perfectly with our modern and dynamic company. OptiScreen not only allows us to present our content better, but also gives us more control and freedom in design. In short, it opens up new ways for us to communicate our brand and our messages in an appealing and effective way.

Kyle

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Great Value for the Money

OptiSigns has made our experience for displaying menus and advertising a breeze. They have even added to our abilities by allowing us to play music on our menu screen which we couldn't do before

PROS

Coming from a different signage software, OptiSigns was easy to use and worked the way you wanted it to. Scheduling menus was a pain in our previous software, but OptiSigns makes this a breeze to use. The additional apps are a huge added value. The competition was charging extra on top of the subscription for some of the features that OptiSigns includes with the subscription.

CONS

Some of the templates didn't seem very helpful for our restaurant. The menu templates were stuck in 1080p but we are displaying on 4k displays. The videos seem to get stuck when I turn the "shuffle" feature on for the playlists

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Yodeck utilizes the raspberry pi platform and there is an international shortage of this hardware so I could not try yodeck before subscribing

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Scheduling for our breakfast and lunch menu was not working and the cost was much higher

Hello Kyle, Thank you so much for your kind review. We're glad to hear OptiSigns has helped with your business. Please let us know if we can help with anything else in the future. All the best, Gustavo S.

Replied February 2023