Visual Composer Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

• icon"I LOVE the options and customizability of VC. It really helps me to be able to provide a top tier service at an affordable cost."
  • icon"Visual Composer is the best drag and drop editor WordPress plugin that allows you to build responsive and stunning web pages. You can design unique layouts for your websites."
  • icon"Fast learning curve : you can start working on plugin by just playing around for days ease of use : yeah , you don't need coding experience to play with it. Alot of widgets & addons avalliable."
  • icon"There is a community forum but I couldn't understand how it works - it was weird. The videos they do put out are extremely brief."
  • icon"It becomes very heavy and can slow the website down on the front and back end. It's functionality is limited."
  • icon"It can be hard for customers to understand how to edit the various boxes on the backend."

All Visual Composer Reviews

Iqra

The best and Professional Website Builder for WordPress

I am a Professional WordPress developer and I have found Visual Composer very useful for my WordPress Websites. I really love these content elements that I can find with Visual Composer. Sometimes I design the website through the premium templates of Visual Composer for my clients. I really like this plugin and I am really satisfied with Visual Composer.

Pros

Visual Composer is the professional drag and drop website builder. Design layout of your WordPress website pages according to your content requirements. You can use a lot of beautiful elements. Just drag and drop these content elements in your pages and then edit the content according to your website. Even you can find a lot of premium templates, blocks, and extensions. You can design a professional layout for your website using the visual composer.

Cons

The layout of Visual Composer is really easy to understand and use. You can easily switch from a classic editing option to the Visual Composer. All features, tools, elements, blocks, and premium templates are incredible. I never faced any issue or problem during the use of this professional plugin. So according to my experience, there are no cons.

Response from TechMill

Thanks for your review, I'm glad you like the Visual Composer and find it helpful.

Antonio

Great visual builder for Wordpress

We used Visual Composer as a tool to build a tourism industry website. They wanted a beautiful website and Visual Composer helped us achieve exactly that. We built a beautiful website with almost no real effort. The drag and drop interface and the ease with which VC handles moving layouts around were astonishing to say the lease. It was amazing using Visual Composer and I am certain it will be my go-to visual builder whenever I need such a thing.

Pros

Visual Composer is rich in blocks and all the blocks they provide look amazing. I loved how I could set up a page like I wanted it in a fraction of the time it would take me without using Visual Composer. The interface is clean and easy to use, which makes using Visual Composer a very positive experience.

Cons

There were no down sides for using Visual Composer. Everything was flawless. I will definitely use it again for future projects that require WordPress.

Reasons for choosing Visual Composer

It had the most complete list of elements we needed and it felt the most robust of the three systems we considered.

Reasons for switching to Visual Composer

We wanted to try out a new system that looked amazing in the online examples.

Response from TechMill

Thank you for your review of Visual Composer, I'm glad to hear that you were able to create a page like the way you wanted it in such a short time. We are constantly working on improving our product and we're very excited about what is coming next!

Valerio

October 2022

One, two, three... your website is online!

Pros

In few steps you can manage your wordpress website. I prefer to use the backend editor (faster) but some customers of mine prefer to use the frontend. With many plugins available you can extend its functions and it's also simple to write plugins and shortcodes on your own. I prefer it to other composer for the backend interface that is simple to understand also for the less skilled user.

Cons

Maybe it makes SEO a bit more difficult than plain Wordpress.

Simpler to use.

Alex

Perfect solution for creating websites and an insanely fast speed

Overall, if you are looking to turn out a client's website in a VERY short amount of time, Visual Composer is the way to go. I've tried all the other drop and drop builders and, as a 8 year front end developer, I find that this one offers the most intuitive solution for all my needs.

Pros

The best aspect of Visual Composer is it's ease of use. The plugin requires essentially no real development knowledge (aside from the occasional manual CSS styling) and bring my development time down by at least 3 times. Typically it takes a couple of hours to manually type out the front end of any website even if you are using a front end framework like bootstrap or material design but with this software, it takes literally minutes to throw together an equivalent looking product.

Cons

Arguably the worst part about any drag and drop builder is the affect they have on page speeds. With each software in this industry trying to expand on their included components and styling, the page speeds decrease significantly. Even when I attempt to combat this slowdown with every single trick in the google optimization book (minification, compression, lazy loading, static site generation, asset combination, CDN implementation, etc..) the site is still dirt slow compared to progressive web apps.

Response from TechMill

Thanks you for the detailed review. No doubt speed is very important and we are making improvements constantly and achieving better and better results.

Replied May 2019

Dennis

Visual Composer Streamlines our Wordpress Development Process

Overall, Visual Composer has been an extremely important part of our pipeline. It has allowed us to provide streamlined solutions for clients looking for new websites.

Pros

Let's be honest, building every single site from scratch is not an efficient use of time, especially in the business world. Visual Composer has been a tremendously powerful tool that's allowed us to build sites quickly, efficiently, and with high performance. We love this software and use it on ALL of our Wordpress sites.

Cons

The software, at times, can be a little clunky with its backend user interface. Fortunately, with a little bit of code knowledge, you can move pieces as you need to.

Reasons for choosing Visual Composer

By pure chance, plus I prefer to edit sites using a back-end interface versus a front-end interface.

Response from TechMill

Thank you! Our main goal is to speed up the design process so you could deliver better results in a faster way. I'm glad you enjoy using it.

Replied September 2019

Marius-Iulian

Life changing add-on!

Pros

It`s really easy to set up an WordPress page. Before Visual Composer, it was all about making templates and a lot of html/css. When using Visual Composer, you almost get responsive done also!

Cons

I think the price is a bit high for what is offering, but you can always catch some discounts (they make these campaigns from time to time)

Reasons for choosing Visual Composer

I found the community a bit bigger than on Elementor.

Response from TechMill

Thank you for the awesome and straight to the point feedback! We are passioned about our builder and I can promise you - it will be better and better!

Replied August 2019

Melvin

It can get easier

Cool to work with, I've used it for more than 3 years now.

Pros

This is a software that's here to make your life easy, it may take some time to get a grip of it, but once you practice with it, it becomes really easy to work with. You will be able to create beautiful websites from scratch.

Cons

The performance isn't very good. It can be improved, maybe with a CSS builder that allows you to include only the CSS you plan to use, and discard everything else.

Response from TechMill

Thank you for the great review! Your feedback is noted and we will make sure to address it in our future versions.

Replied April 2020

Diego

One of the most complete page builders for Wordpress.

Several customization options, however it is not very easy to use at first, it takes a little practice to become familiar with the tool. I used it for a long time, but I switched to Elementor because it is not very easy for my clients.

Pros

What I liked most about Visual Composer, was the integration with other plugins like Revslider, ACF and others. Various customization options for desktop and smartphone.

Cons

From the beginning I always found it heavy, slow to load and visualize the elements on the page. This did not favor optimization for Google searches.

Response from TechMill

Thanks for taking the time to review Visual Composer, we really appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear you found Visual Composer slow and heavy at times. We're constantly working on improving our product performance and I'll make sure your feedback is passed on to our development team.

Abigail

Industry: Online Media

Makes creating a Beautiful Website Relatively easy

Visual composer is easy to use, and creates really amazing pages although there are still a few bugs.

Pros

I've used Virtual composer on 3 websites, admittedly because it came with the themes. But I've also used DIVI which is similar and I found Visual composer easier to use and less overwhelming. VC is easy to use all you need to is install and activate the plugin ad you can design any page either from the back end or from the front end. I love how the features are not listed in a long grid/list like DIVI because it's a little overwhelming seeing a long list of features (It makes me overthink the features I actually need) Instead the features are arranged in tabs, and there a search feature so I can search for a particular option. VC has great design options like the option to create animated headings/Title. I also love how it come with Google fonts, and supports video background.

Cons

1. On slow internet connection, it takes FOREVER for my website to load, sometimes even when the internet speed is fast, it still takes a while to load. 2. The website sometimes it renders differently on different devices. For example, on my end I can see a button but when ic heck my website on a friend's comp, the button isn't there. if I hover above where the button is supposed to be, I can tell there's a link but the CTA button isn't visible

Response from TechMill

Thank you for the feedback and your suggestions are noted.

Replied April 2019

Bhabishya

May 2022

The best website builder for WordPress

The overall experience with Visual Composer has been great. It has everything I need and helped me make my website look great.

Pros

Visual Composer has lots of features and elements which are very helpful when building a WordPress site and pages. And on top of that they have lots of templates as well which I really love. And the thing I like the most about Visual Composer is that the plugin support WooCommerce which is very important for me cause most of my sites are using WooCommerce.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that it was very difficult to start using at the beginning and also their pricing is bit expensive compared to other similar software I have used in the past and the one I'm using currently.

Mohan Lal

May 2022

An OK page builder for Wordpress Websites

I've been using Visual Composer for more than 3 years, and, overall it has been a good experience so far.

Pros

Unlike most website builders, Visual composer provides back-end & front-end editor options for editing which makes editing things a bit simpler. When the page starts to get heavy i.e. when you have tons of elements and images on the page; you can also use the backend editor for quickly making edits instead of waiting for front end page to load. For the pages that were created using Visual Composer, I've hardly seen any pages getting broken after a while of creating (you know the things happen when you are using muliple landin page builders on a site) e.g. css not showing correctly or distored pages, etc. Apart from this, it has a good collection of templates, which makes it easy to create pages fast.

Cons

Front-end editor starts taking time to load as the page size & lenght of the created page increases. You can't do inline editing like you can do in other landing page builders. And, front end editor UI doesn't seem to be that intuitive compared to other landing page builder options like Elementor.

Lee

Easy for Business Owners to Maintain Site Without Learning HTML/CSS

My website was 9 years old, not mobile friendly & I was losing sales as a result. I needed to update but I wanted something I could update myself. I had been using MS Expression web so I wanted another WYSIWYG solution. I got a developer to transfer some of my pages over from plain HTML to Wordpress/VC after that I just updated the content myself. It was pretty easy once I got the hang of it. Customers & Google must have loved the new look, responsive site because after a couple of months my sales went up about 90% on the previous year. It's so easy to update my site now. It's pretty much like just using a word processor.

Pros

As the name suggests, the fact that it's a Visual tool. Others claim to be visual but you soon discover that you need to also be an expert in HTML & CSS - I just don't have the patience. With VC however it's pretty much all drag & drop. You might need to know a tiny bit of CSS. I had a developer help me create the initial templates but after that I just copied & pasted. I like the fact that it's based on tables. That makes it easy to control the layout especially with a responsive site. Once you learn it you can pump out pages very fast.

Cons

Their tech support is great but I'm more of a self-serve guy so I like to just look up the info myself. Unfortunately there's not much info out there. There is a community forum but I couldn't understand how it works - it was weird. The videos they do put out are extremely brief. Your best bet is probably just trial & error. Once I figured out how to create & manage tables that made a huge difference. I've been using Elementor (an alternative) lately & their community forum is a Facebook Group - that makes it way easier to learn than VC.

Reasons for choosing Visual Composer

It was a full site builder rather than just a page builder. The interface looked easy, price was good & it had great reviews on Capterra.

Reasons for switching to Visual Composer

Needed to upgrade from HTML / non responsive site to Wordpress but wanted easy-to-use editor.

Response from TechMill

Thank you for the detailed review and feedback. We will be making some changes to our community soon :)

Replied April 2020

Umair

Best WordPress Website Builder Plugin

I have used Visual Composer on my personal websites. I sell online courses so this plugin allows me to design and create professional web pages for my students. I really design the pages of my website very quickly using this plugin without typing a single line of code. Even I have also used Visual Composer for the projects of my clients, they also like the webpages that I designed with this plugin. So my overall experience with Visual Composer is really awesome and incredible, therefore I love this Plugin.

Pros

Visual Composer is the best drag and drop Editor. There are lots of content elements in Visual composer, which allow us to add text, buttons, maps, images, videos, galleries, grids and more things. You can drag and drop content elements in the rows and build a responsive webpage for all devices including Mobile and Desktop. You can use different row and column layouts like three sections in one row, two sections in one row or more sections. You can also add box shadows in the rows of your webpages that feature is also really awesome.

Cons

There are two versions of this plugin, these are free and paid. According to my point of view, in the free version, they should include a few more component elements. All other things about this plugin are good.

Response from TechMill

Thank you for the detailed review and high grades! We are glad to hear about your great experience.

Replied March 2020

Haris

Industry: Chemicals

Excellent Website Builder For Wordpress

I am using visual composer for last 2 years and found it amazingly fast in creating websites as it provides drag and drop feature which help user to create website in a very fast and professional way. All the features of visual composer are design so professionally that it always match with the requirements of user.

Pros

I am as a professional web developer strongly recommend visual composer to the users who are looking for professional software for creating websites in Wordpress. The layouts and features of visual composer are always supports and help user to create amazing websites. One of the strong feature of visual composer is its ease of use one can easily understand its functions get maximum benefits out of it. You can design your website according to your need and adjust and manage your layouts in a very professional way.

Cons

To be honest i have not find any single cons in visual composer because all its features, layouts, design and templates are so professionally design. I always found visual composer up to the mark and i congratulate the creator of this amazing software.

Response from TechMill

Thank you for your review, we're glad to hear that Visual Composer has helped you create amazing websites. We always appreciate feedback and look forward to hearing how our product can help you in the future!

Replied May 2021

Abid

Professional Drag and Drop Editor for Websites

I have found Visual Composer the best editor for my websites. I always use Visual Composer in my WordPress websites. I really like the features of this Plugin. Because now I can design and build the websites easily. I use all elements from beginning to the advanced. Creating rows in the web pages and then editing content of the website is really easy through Visual Composer. I am really satisfied and happy.

Pros

Visual Composer is the best drag and drop editor WordPress plugin that allows you to build responsive and stunning web pages. You can design unique layouts for your websites. You can find templates, elements, extensions and blocks. Use these content elements and edit the website according to your requirements. The best part of the plugin that you can do all these changes without the knowledge of coding.

Cons

The features of Visual Composer are really incredible for the web designers and developers. As a web developer and according to my personal experience, Visual composer is perfect without any kind of cons.

Response from TechMill

Thanks for the review! I'm glad to hear that you like our product. We've been working hard on making it better and more accessible with each new release. We're always looking for feedback from users, so if there's anything we can do to make your experience even better please let us know!

Muddassar