• Pros

• "I love the accessibility - organization and ease of use"

• "It is easy to use. Great for cases and the staff are wonderful if you need help with anything. "

• "It is very easy to use and can build very helpful reports. "

• Cons

• "Some fields could have more information in them, or have more things featured on the client page itself but overall since it is so easy to navigate that may not be needed. "

• "Some features don't work accordingly. There are some links that kick me out of the system."

• "I do wish reports were easy to adjust and navigate. I would like to have different information in some of the columns but it is really a small con. "

Browse CoCounselor Reviews

Excellent Review

Pros

Amazing service. We really appreciate you guys. Thank you.

Cons

I think you guys are doing a great job. I don't have a critique as of right now.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Thank you for the review! Glad to hear you're having a good experience with CoCounselor! Please give us a call if there is anything we can do to improve it for you and your firm: 404-419-7893.

William from Haug Law Group, LLC

Solid product

Overall, CoCounselor gives me the opportunity to manage a large case load without which I would not be able to manage. I like it better than most other case management systems that I have used in the past. While it is not perfect, it is good enough to not want to look elsewhere and the ability to customize means it's imperfections should be temporary for the most part.

Pros

It is easy to use and run reports to help maintain organization. Customer service has been helpful and customizations have been mostly great. When used properly, the software makes management of cases and matters efficient and easy.

Cons

It can get cumbersome if you do not customize it effectively. It can integrate with other organizational tools like calendars and emails but usually requires external software or apps to do so - which are not optimal.

Reasons for Switching to CoCounselor

I changed firms - I had no say in the matter.

laura from Handsford Law Firm

CoCOunselor Review

It is okay to store notes and save phone numbers but there are no other features.

Pros

It stores notes with a subject, date and time.

Cons

You cannot edit all the entries on a contact's information.

Erika from Law Offices of Robert G. Schock

CoCounselor Calendar Could Be Improved

Overall I have been happy with CoCounselor as it does everything I need and I can upload files so I have everything I need for any meeting. The only con is when calendaring statutes and court dates which require reminders, I have to manually enter the reminders since there does not appear a way to schedule auto reminders for certain types of events calendared.

Pros

It's easy to use, very little training needed. Easy to keep track of files from anywhere.

Cons

It was missing some features I liked from our previous program, like auto calendaring due dates. On our old program if I entered a court date it automatically entered reminder dates to remind me to complete tasks for that court date. With CoCounselor I have to manually enter the reminder dates which takes time, especially since I can't view the calendar at the same time to count court days.

Easy to use and price.

Reasons for Switching to CoCounselor

AbacusLaw had poor customer service.

Nicole from MG LAW

CoCounselor is a Paralegal's Best Friend

I have 12 years experience as a litigation paralegal, and in those years I've used a multitude of case management software systems. CoCounselor is by far the most efficient and user-friendly system I've used to date. In litigation, keeping track of deadlines is crucial and this program allows me peace of mind as there are dedicated spaces to track statutes of limitation, service, answers, and discovery. I also like the feature of being able to assign date related tasks as a tickler system so I can remind myself of actions needed on any given file when the attorney or client requests an update. The team at CoCounselor has always been more than willing to be of assistance if our firm has any questions, in addition to any changes or suggestions we may have to streamline our client files. They are also eager to help train our team members on reporting features and the other perks of the system. I highly recommend CoCounselor if you are in search of a personal injury case management system. Our firm has seen over a 100% growth in clients in the last year, and CoCounselor helped facilitate that growth with ease.

Pros

Please see my review - it helps with my litigation case management.

Cons

When entering tasks, sometimes the Case Number and/or the Client name doesn't automatically populate. Some of our team members aren't as diligent in making sure this information is entered, so the tasks will only show up for one or the other but not both.

Hannah from Haug Law Group

Coco-recommendation

Overall, I find it easy to use and compatible with the way I do work. I do not have complaints other than what I wrote above.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. It reminds me Facebook so it wasn't difficult to figure out how to tag people in things and to post things on each client's "wall."

Cons

It is not as user friendly to see the list of what I was tagged in or list of cases that apply to me. So when I go on the home page I have to keep clicking "See More Updates" at the bottom in order to see the full extent. I also would like that page to be categorized by things I'm actually tagged in and things where it is my case but there's just a comment or I wrote something and someone just wrote back rather than tagging me in it. That way I have a concise list of what I am specifically tagged.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

I'm glad we were able to get your issue resolved. Thank you for your feed back. Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future.

Sara from The Angell Law Firm LLC.

Case Management

Pros

What I enjoy most about this software is how helpful it is at keeping track of everything happening with our client's cases. This software allows us to draft customized templates in SECONDS including intake documents, demands, ante litem notices, spoliation letters, and even complaints. It really helps me be more efficient. I also like that it allows you to capture data and maximize your profits on every single case. This software makes it so easy to find the information that you need and it allows for your entire team to know exactly what is going on in every aspect of the case very easily.

Cons

The only thing I would add to this software is making the case list tabs more customizable for each paralegal.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review Sara! We can customize the tabs however you may need. A member of our support team will contact you.

Rebekah from Pritchard Injury Firm

CoCounselor Review

Pros

Integration with other platforms, such as Zipwhip , has been wonderful. The software is very user friendly. I learned how to use different features very quick. The layout is organized, concise, and clear.

Cons

At this time, my coworkers and I have not had any complaints. Anytime we might have a technical issue pop up, we reach out to our representative and he takes care of it for us.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Thanks so much Rebekah! We are so happy you are satisfied with our services! If you ever need anything, we are a phone call away.

Gregory from Haug Law Group

User Friendly

I really enjoy working with CoCounselor very easy to use and very detail.

Pros

I must say that CoCounselor is very user friendly.

Cons

System can be very Slow at times when working with Cocounselor

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Thanks so much for your feedback Gregory. Sorry to hear your system can be slow. It could be your computer or the internet, but we'd like to try to solve it for you.

Nicole from Pritchard Injury Firm

Great Software

Great experience!

Pros

Cons

Nothing. I don't have any complaints using co counselor.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Thank you so much for the positive review Nicole!

Zach from Pritchard Injury Injury Firm, LLC

Great Product, Better Support Team

Fantastic. Great Customer service.

Pros

It is very easy to use and can build very helpful reports.

Cons

Not really anything that I don't enjoy, can't exactly think of what could be improved at the moment. Whenever we have an issue, we speak with our rep and it's handled.

Reasons for Choosing CoCounselor

Love the template generation!

Mark from The Issa Law Firm, P.C.

Extremely Pleased

Pros

I love the accessibility - organization and ease of use

Cons

I don't know what I like the least because I only use the functions I like the most. Maybe the APP on my phone would the item I like the least; it doesn't seem to function as seamlessly as I would like.

Corina from ChancoSchiffer Law

Good Software

Pros

It's extremely easy to navigate and the "dashboard" on the cases can be tailored to meet our needs for the most part.

Cons

Not being able to email directly to the case when sending emails from my main account.

Carolyn from Haug Law Group

Best for Personal Injury

Case List Meetings are so much easier with this software.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use with our personal injury cases. My favorite feature is the ability to tag the person you need to direct communication toward and also be able to respond if you are tagged by email or on the post itself. I really like how we can attach documents to the main feed and reg

Cons

Sometimes there are elements that I wish could be easier to track, especially with the "last modified" feature because it seems it does not keep up with the main feed updates and the case looks untouched.

Elizabeth from The Poole Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

great software for case management

Before we used this software, we were tracking cases on multiple spreadsheets, which meant it took more time to organize, find information, etc. It takes time to input information into Co-Counselor, but once it is there we are able to access is much more easily.

Pros

We are able to track the status of cases and manage them more efficiently because of Co-Counselor. Customer service has always been helpful any time an issue has come up.

Cons

Not all functions are straight forward. We still use Outlook to diary tasks and appointments because it is easy to use for everyone in the office.

Valerie from The Angell Law Firm, LLC.

Industry: Law Practice

Wonderful Software-Easy to use!

I would be lost without it.

Pros

It was very easy to become acquainted with CoCounselor. I was new to the legal industry starting my first job in a professional environment overall. CoCounselor was a major learning convenience for me. It made my job easier and really broke everything down. Generating documents and the help of their IT team coding everything to my specific needs upon request was a TREMENDOUS help!

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues & after 2.5 years using CoCounselor- I doubt I will.

Robert from Levy Law Offices

Using Coco

Pros

- Setting reminders for each client or task - Being able to input numbers, addresses and other relevant info for repeat contacts when creating templates - At times, easy to utilize adaptive templates that pull relevant info

Cons

- When creating templates the software would either slow down or fail to create the requested document or incorrectly placed the information in the desired setting/layout causing more time to complete a particular project than if other means were utilized.

Kayla from MG Law

Industry: Law Practice

CoCounselor is very user friendly

CoCounselor is very easy to use. You can keep track of all clients, how their case is progressing, their medical providers, and any needed insurance information. Our team uses the log a call feature to keep track of things happening in each case. It also has the option to upload forms that will auto generate themselves once you have entered information into the needed fields, this is VERY helpful and can speed up the process to a lot of things!

Pros

It was very easy to learn how to use. I never worked in personal injury before this so I was coming in learning how to use this type of system with no prior experience. It was easy to understand and navigate within a few days. It also allows you to easily keep track of information.

Jennifer from Pritchard Injury Firm, LLC

Excellent software

Overall, the experience with CoCounselor is exceptional. The software is easy to use and is a great way for us to track the source of where a prospect comes here, i.e billboard, client referral, or provider referral. The software allows us to cut down on time spent on the phone because everything we need is in one place.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to train a new person to use, easy to customize, can build reports, great customer service

Cons

Any issues that I've had with the software is always resolved.

Tracci from The Granville Group

Reports and Downloads

Our users are able to share/see a clients file at all times including on our mobile app.

Pros

Able to check status of a client at a click. When clients call in we immediately click their name and can get instant information to assist the client.

Cons

We are not able to download all the clients files into Co Counselor. It would be great to have everything in one place. Also, the reports that are most useful for us are not available.

Nicole from Minnillo & Jenkins

Nicole's review

Pros

How customizable everything is. It is really refreshing to be able to utilize a software that is user friendly.

Cons

Some things are too complicated for us to accomplish on our own so we need to ask for support. That can sometimes be annoying as it could just be something simple and easy.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Hey Nicole, thank you for the feedback! I'm sorry to hear that somethings are complicated but glad that our support team could resolve it for you!

Jennifer from Haug Law Group

Outstanding Service!!!

I have realized by using CoCounselor our cases have become very organized!!

Pros

CoCounselor is very helpful when it comes down to handling your cases and keeping client's files up to date. It is very easy to use once you get the hang of it and I would highly recommend using this website!

Cons

I wish we could search files based of claim numbers, but it's ok.

Chaquetta from The Lokey Law Firm, LLC

Not bad

Overall CoCounselor has been beneficial in helping to keep us organized as much as possible

Pros

It helps with organization and keeping track of all our files and calls made and any notes we take.

Cons

Needs more Functionality. For a growing law practice it lacks all the necessary resources to move forward. Doesn't keep the user on "task" as much as other programs.

Kip from Kip Jones, P.C.

Useful Product

Pros

The customer service is incredible. The ability customize the fields is very helpful.

Cons

Inputting new contacts is cumbersome. I would like to be able to add them from within a case.

Reasons for Switching to CoCounselor

CoCounselor has more features I can use to truly manage a case and a business.

Milagros from Haug Law Group

Awesome software

Pros

It is very straight forward and easy to use. I love that we have the option to tag attorneys, case managers, paralegals, etc. to communicate between cases.

Cons

As of right now I don't have any complaints. The software has been very helpful as well as the CoCounselor team.

Felecia from seay felton

cocounselot

It was good but the firm just decided to go another direction.

Pros

That the interface captured everything regarding pre-suit, contact info, statute date, notes,......etc on one screen

Cons

we could not do any on line editing of word documents

not sure

Kate from Jones & Swanson LLC

Great Software

Co-Counselor is easy to use and has all the features that we need.

Pros

This software is user-friendly, and the customer service team can customize it to the specific needs of our firm

Cons

Sometimes the Help Desk employees take too long to respond.

Wendi from Jones & Swanson, LLC

We love COCO

Pros

I like that coco is very easy to customize for your company's specific needs.

Renee from Valles Law Firm

Excellent Service and top notch product

The customer service is the best I've ever experienced, and I've been a Case Manager for many years and used many different products. This one is so simple. But the developers and administrators are on top of any request I have. The salesman has stayed with us and supported us even after 9 months.

Pros

The ease of setting up and getting up and running quickly and smoothly. It looks like a red rope full of client folders once set up, which makes it easier for basic users to learn.

Cons

The inquiry and client databases are separate and not all of the inquiry data transitions completely.

Carolina from haug law group

Great Website

For these past 3 years I have enjoyed using the website.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, it is very helpful and helps me keep track of all my cases.

Cons

I can not think of something I do not like at the moment.

Karla from Haug Law Group

Coco Review

I have never had a problem with coco

Pros

It is easy, reliable and I like the fact that you can see all the info in one page

Cons

I dont like that it is not compatible with Word. I wish it was more like needles.

Breanna from The Angell Law Firm

CoCo

My law office literally survives off coco. it's so easy to use and so convenient for our type of work.

Pros

I love this software! Its so easy to use!

Cons

Not much that I don't like. I think its great!

Clay from Humberto Law

Industry: Law Practice

Very positive, just a few minor issues that could help the experience be even better

Pros

I like the auto-fill form letters, the ability to send notifications to other users and assign tasks to other users

Cons

I wish that the events would be automatically scheduled to calendars and sent to all involved personnel on the file

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Hey Clay, glad you are enjoying the software. We are able to set up calendar event automation and get that customized out for you. If that's something you're interested in, give us a call so we can discuss. (404) 419-7893

Natali from The Issa Law Firm

CoCo Review

It's easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use and comprehend. It can be customized.

Stuart from Levy Law Offices

Great organization service

Pros

Co-counselor helps to keep ke organized. I dont have to worry about missing deadlines and statutes of limitations due to the service. Everything is just right there.

Cons

I dont have many complaints. I did take awhile to learn the software, but you'll get that with anything.

Features and price

Fernanda from The Awad Law Firm

CoCounselor Review

Pros

The way I can alphabetcally catogorize things is a plus!

Cons

Sometimes when I need something, I have to go through an administration.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Hey Fernanda, Thank you for the review! I wanted to reach out and let you know that reason you occasionally need to go through an admin is due to the level of permissions that were established when we originally set up and customized the Awad Law Firm's account. If you would like for us to make changes to your permissions, or any other aspect of CoCounselor, please give us a call: 404-419-7893. Thanks!

Claudia from Haug Law Group

Best Office Management System

Pros

I definitely enjoy the fact that all the information is very accessible and should I need to I can easily change anything.

Cons

The only con I can honestly think about is when I am looking for a client's file, it wont search for similar so if its a unique name it takes some time to find it.

Wes from The Law Offices of Nathaniel F. Hansford

Quality Software

Pros

I find the software easy to use and navigate.

Cons

It would be more user friendly if it was easier to switch between pages.

Andy from The Law Offices of T Andrew Miller

Excellent product for lawyers

Great! It helps us stay organized and track our clients and cases. It is also great for metrics to help me manage to practice

Pros

So many options and customizable features

Cons

Interface could be faster

Bob from Law Offices of Robert G Schock

Great replacement for Abacus

Very happy to have changed office systems.

Pros

Works very well for our needs. Customer service has been excellent in addressing system and needs. Modifications have immensely helped tailor to our needs. We were not happy with Abacus program and customer support so this is a refreshing change.

Cons

prospects disappear sometimes. They do fix problem immediately WQe really have not had other problems. They listen to issues and then timely respond.

Deanna from Law Firm

10/10! Great!

Pros

CoCounselor has made my daily navigation through work amazing! It is easy to use and the support staff is quick to respond whenever needed.

Cons

Returning to the main case page at any point easily would be nice.

Reasons for Switching to CoCounselor

Easier to use and more beneficial for my job.

Response from CoCounselor

Replied August 2020

Thank you for your feedback Deanna. So glad CoCounselor is making your job easier!

lisa from Edwards & Bullard Law

streamline to success

Pros

I like the ease of use of the program and that it can interface with messenger features. Also, I can log calls with clients which my staff can pull up and use to remind the client that I've already addressed their concerns if they call repeatedly.

Cons

There is a learning curve when it comes to navigating to certain features such as the settlement calculator.

hollie from The Hawk Firm

coco is great

Pros

Cocounselor is user friendly and a great product.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that the members of my firm that practice criminal defense have a hard time using.

Cesar from Dayan Houman

CoCo is Awesome!

Pros

I really like that all of the information for our case files are in one place. Anyone can pick up the file and know exactly whats going on with it.

Cons

I do not like that whenever we need to generate a template, I have to reload the page so that I can access the file.

Michael from MG LAW

Industry: Law Practice

We have been using CoCounselor at our personal injury firm for almost a year now. It is the perfect tool for managing the heavy volume of documents and telephone calls associated with a P.I. case. We have tried other products on the market, and prefer CoCounselor by far over all of the others.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Thus far, I have no negative comments to make regarding CoCounselor.

Annie from The Angell Law Firm

User Friendly, Organized, and Great Customer Service

Pros

The features are very helpful, IT help always available, and the layout is easy on the eyes. Very customizable to our needs

Cons

Every once and awhile there are template issues but always a quick and easy fix with the assistance of the customer service rep.

Robert from Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

replacing software that would not work

We were very happy with product and service after trying a number of other products.

Pros

over all customer service that worked on our problems and in fact solved them. Very happy with their ability to modify to meet our needs.

February 2015

Todd from Henningsen Injury Attorneys

February 2015

Best Case Management System on the Market!

As a practicing personal injury attorney, I was looking for a case management system that was affordable and could manage all of my needs and workflow. I did not want to be tied to a server based model so the most important feature for me was that it had to be in the cloud so that I could access it anywhere. I was actually using another cloud based case management system, but was frustrated at it limited capabilities. I did the 30 day risk free trial with CoCounselor and immediately saw the benefits of the switch. Task management, statute of limitations reports, marketing reports, document generation, integration with Microsoft and Google, the list goes on and on. What impressed me most is how much more efficient it has made my staff. They can now work on more cases just as efficiently as before. This means less upset clients, more resolved cases, and ultimately more cash flow to continue to expand my business. I certainly think it is the best case management system on the market!

Yasbeth from SMITH, WALLIS & SCOTT, LLP

Easy to Use

Easy to use and great software!

Pros

Easy to Navigate and find information about the client.

Cons

Not enough information on Intake Tab. Had to use other source.

September 2016

John from El Super

September 2016

Easy and friendly to use

Pros

The best part of the product is that literally like what it claims it protects the client from the company and the company from the client. But more importantly, it's an easy to use CRM for tracking all your cases. The learning curve is very small.

Cons

It's not as robust as I'd like and it's not always easy to edit, but once you get the hang of it you tend to have very few hickups.