What are Everlaw users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Everlaw software through verified user reviews

• icon"This software has flexibility that allows me to get my review set up in a way that is comfortable and logical for me."
  • icon"We are very pleased with Everlaw, and one of the best things about it is that they are constantly upgrading/revising the application with new capabilities, and always actively solicit user input."
  • icon"The software is fairly intuitive and has a great online help function to answer questions fairly quickly."
  • icon"It's a little difficult transitioning users away from the legacy platforms and getting their heads wrapped around the search tool."
  • icon"This has TOO MANY ISSUE TAGS - from the inbuilt ones to the ones you add, you get oversaturation and tagging for issues becomes meaningless."
  • icon"Search functions are kind of finicky using booleans, and the native viewer for MS office documents is very flawed. Spreadsheets often fail to open at all, and larger documents can choke the system."

Browse all Everlaw Reviews

• Have you used Everlaw and would like to share your experience with others?

Great alternative to the others for straight-ahead review!

I like Everlaw. It isn't as powerful a search machine as something like Relativity, but the coding presets and keyboard shortcuts are fast! Also, you can (and I did!) contact support directly through the platform - they are responsive and helpful.

Pros

Everlaw is built around the pain points of coding documents in older, more established platforms. The coding presets and keyboard shortcuts scream speed and give you a great review flow.

Cons

This has TOO MANY ISSUE TAGS - from the inbuilt ones to the ones you add, you get oversaturation and tagging for issues becomes meaningless. Also, the search and filter functions are not as robust and somewhat convoluted.

Robert

Everlaw - Best Cloud-Based EDiscovery System

Pros

Everlaw is super fast across the board, from processing to generating productions to running complex searches. They're also very innovative, providing such features as predictive coding, graphical email threading, case management tools, and robust file format support. Finally, they have a supremely intuitive interface that is easy to learn and master.

Cons

No complaints about this software. If I did have a complaint, they would likely address it very speedily in one of their monthly new-feature updates.

Reasons for choosing Everlaw

We did an exhaustive feature-by-feature comparison, and in most categories, Everlaw came out ahead as the clear winner. Once we factored in pricing, the choice became even clearer.

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

We were running an on-premises legacy eDiscovery review system that was very slow and buggy in processing documents and running productions, and that lacked certain key features that we needed in order to improve our review workflow and meet deadlines.

DJ

Ok to code but not produce

Having used multiple programs over the years - this would NOT be my first choice. The price is also on the high side.

Pros

The program makes coding fairly fast, although the user interface is not intuitive. Once you get the hang of the interface, coding is fast.

Cons

Production leaves a lot to be desired. It needs more flexibility and the ability to chose that the attachment be exported/produced as part of the main document. Not all people load the production into other programs when it is produced. They do binder reviews.

Nicholas

Built around the Pain Points of the Other Guys

This is good software. Relativity is obviously the big hitter in electronic document review, but this is an agile review software clearly built to address the biggest pain points of the Relativity UI

Pros

Totally customizable UI, keyboard hotkeys make going through documents an absolute breeze! Customer service/support is super fast and responsive. There's also no automatic timeout of your session.

Cons

Search functions are kind of finicky using booleans, and the native viewer for MS office documents is very flawed. Spreadsheets often fail to open at all, and larger documents can choke the system. Also, this is hosted within the Everlaw infastructure and unlike Relativity, cannot be self hosted.

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

Cheaper software, and in general we get better rates from reviewers due to the excellent UI

Lynn

Processing is Quick and Easy

This program speeds up the amount of time I spend working with documents compared to our older platform.

Pros

One of my favorite features is being able to drag and drop documents from anywhere to load into the database. Makes loading documents a breeze.No more time wasted saving to multiple locations before loading into database. The processing time is quick.

Cons

The layout and view is a little different than the standard ediscovery platforms and takes a little time to get used to it. I don't like that it loads empty container files and makes them part of the database.

Reasons for choosing Everlaw

We are using Everlaw on a test case basis and went with it for ease of use and pricing.

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

SummationPro is out of date, slow, and is barely usable.

Tiffany

December 2021

Everlaw is one of the best document review platforms.

Pros

The Everlaw platform is extremely easy to use and has a pleasing layout. I use Everlaw almost daily for document production and trial preparation. Its binder function allows me to easily find and organize like documents, and it has very robust search functionality. You can have multiple search criteria, including codes, metadata, and content searches. You can also have proximity searches or fuzzy searches if you don't know the exact words used. Plus, Everlaw provides search results almost instantaneously. Everlaw's support staff are also very helpful and responsive. If you have a question about the system, they respond quickly and do not charge extra for their customer service. They also upload documents for you if needed. But the upload feature is likewise easy to use, so I routinely do uploads myself.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to share multiple binders at one time. I frequently segregate documents into binders for trial prep, and it would be nice to be able to share all of them at once with the rest of the trial team.

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

We switched from another platform because the other platform was not easy to use, its search functionality was limited and slow, and the customer support was not responsive. Additionally, Everlaw was less expensive.

Bruce

December 2021

Great Evolution

In the current world, many cases involve great volumes of data that are infeasible to deal with in the "old" ways, and Everlaw does a great job helping to manage them. Their responsiveness is fantastic -- far better than any other product we have used.

Pros

Our firm has used several similar products over the years, from the earliest electronic deposition product (the name of which I don't even remember anymore) through a series of others, typically as the one we're using seems to stop evolving or no longer fills our needs. We are very pleased with Everlaw, and one of the best things about it is that they are constantly upgrading/revising the application with new capabilities, and always actively solicit user input. They respond quickly to questions or product ideas.

Cons

Very little. I know that the "drafts" section is intended to be a collaborative drafting tools, but it has some limitations, particularly in relation to formatting, that limit its utility. That said, I have conveyed my thoughts to Everlaw and I understand that some upgrades on that front are in development.

Reasons for choosing Everlaw

Ease of use, price, and overall capacity. At that time, we didn't know how fantastic and responsive they would be!

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

The application we had been using had stopped evolving and had to be used in conjunction with other products to manage e-discovery and large data sets.

Excellent customer service and overall a great product

I use Everlaw to import document productions and to create document productions. I use their Storybuilder feature to create outlines and exhibit lists/binders for depositions, motions, et cetera.

Pros

As a solo practitioner who came from a big law background, I was always used to having an IT department handle all of the work needed to run document productions and manage relativity. As a solo practitioner, I am very happy to have the Everlaw team supporting me when I need them. If something does not work or does not work as expected, they are there to make it work or explain what needs to be done to make it work as expected. The platform is very fast, making the coding of documents lightning fast. I've never had a "hang up" like I did using relativity at my previous firm. The platform is a real pleasure to use.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing to structure a query, but that is the case with any platform.

Adam

Everlaw allowed us to scale up our ability to review discovery.

Reviewing large scale discovery would have been impossible given our timeline and staffing. Everlaw features and support allowed us to expand our capabilities to review documents with complex searches.

Pros

The search functions for Everlaw allowed for us to transition from our typical style of document management to encompass a much larger scale of discovery. There is a bit of a learning curve with understanding all the different functions, but with some really helpful support, I was able to get a handle on the functions and make the software work for our team. Everlaw allowed us to scale our document management while still working within the timelines that we had to follow.

Cons

There are a few features that I have run into that I would appreciate being added. Every time I have run into this, I have reached out to support and had my concerns logged for discussion for future rollouts.

Russ

Best designed review platform on the market

Everlaw support is absolutely fantastic. Everlaw is a well designed tool that greatly aids trial preparation and collaboration.

Pros

Ease of use for new attorneys and staff makes Everlaw by far the most efficient review and collaboration product in the cloud. Little to no onboarding allows attorneys and support staff immediate benefits.

Cons

I would love to see more continuity between the review side and StoryBuilder side. Integrate everything in StoryBuilder into the review layout.

Tauleece

Everlaw is AWESOM

I have been in e-discovery for over 15 years and this, in my opinion, is the best tool....hands down. Please continue to develop and build out this wonderful platform

Pros

I most like the layout and how user intuitive the tool is for use.

Cons

Some features could be expanded more....like sharing exports with other users more easily. I also don't like that certification passage requires a 100% score. That is a bit unrealistic and doesn't aid in learning, but encourages "memorizing for the test".

Job change

Steve

Industry: Law Practice

Long time satisfied user.

I have been the administrator on multiple legacy platforms and when I transitioned to Everlaw it was freedom from cumbersome and archaic technology. The incredible cost savings, fine administrative control of the entire platform are exactly what our firm needed. Everlaw's customer service/success is excellent and partnering with them on a business level is easy.

Pros

Easy ti use and most of all easy to teach. Can quickly get users up to speed and reviewing documents effectively.

Reasons for choosing Everlaw

I was brought in, from a larger firm, specifically to transition to Everlaw. The managing partner saw an Everlaw demonstration and immediately wanted to eliminate Relativity and switch.

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

Cost and administrative control.

Dom

Industry: Law Practice

Call it Foreverlaw, because I’d use it Forever!

It enables me to review thousands of documents in a very short period of time. As a fire lawyer, I often manage hundreds of thousands of documents and this software efficiently allows me to review and understand that massive amount of information.

Pros

The look. It’s clean, it has easily accessible metadata search capabilities, and the document review window just looks great. I also love the outlines on it.

Cons

I think the internal document search feature isn’t great.

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

Cheaper; more user friendly.

Christina

Everlaw is a Godsend

I love everyone at Everlaw. They are very helpful and quick to respond. The only downside is the hours for getting assistance. Weekends and earlier hours would be helpful.

Pros

The ease of use which has allowed me to get more buy in from my more mature attorneys, the searching abilities, the ease of production . . . lets be honest, there isn't much I don't like about Everlaw.

Cons

I would like to see a feature to be able to do page and line summaries to deposition transcripts, the ability to do deposition designations, and the ability to issue code the depositions and provide reports for all of these functions.

Reasons for choosing Everlaw

Everlaw has more of the features that we need for our type of practice.

Case Logistix sunsetted

Manuel

Everlaw - The Cadillac platform for E-discovery

We have been resolving production issues and large production problems with Everlaw. We have the capability to move the case quickly and provide a production when there are time crunches. The speed and visualization of everlaw helps us find everything we need.

Pros

Everlaw - I like the predictive coding and visualization of the program and the ease to produce.

Cons

Nothing. Everlaw updates and provides new tools constantly, and therefore it is a top tier product

Reasons for choosing Everlaw

The power and ease of use of everlaw.

Reasons for switching to Everlaw

poor product, slow and no updates or maintenance on the product.

Jenette

Amazing Customer Service, Easy to Use, Great product

I have had a great experience with learning, implementing, deploying, and administering Everlaw. During the ediscovery software selection process, I demo'd 4 other competitors, and I'm glad we selected Everlaw.

Pros

It was easy to start using being as a beginner to this software, and while I am still learning the features, techniques, etc., I have been impressed by Everlaw's customer service.

Cons

When in Full Review, I wish there was a way to customize and lock the view. For example, Annotations, minimizes and I continually need to expand it.

A Partner in Discovery

Pros

Everlaw is easy to use and the more complex functions are relatively self-explanatory. Everlaw makes using ESI materials to develop facts in your case far easier than other platforms with less back-end tech support.

Cons

Preparing complex productions with customized guidelines can be difficult, but Everlaw's support staff is very helpful and up to the task.

Reasons for choosing Everlaw

Support, functionality, flexible cost structure, ease of use

Rebecca

Everlaw Review

Pros

Everlaw makes reviewing large document productions easy and more efficient. the firm saves a lot of time by using Everlaw for document review because of the search functions.

Cons

There are certain functions that I wish were available but are not currently, such as permanently rotating a document in the review pane, manually organizing the order of documents in a production, and downloading a document with notes and codes.

Christopher

Industry: Law Practice

User-friendly and great coding tools

Pros

The ability to customize up to nine different coding presets/shortcuts is a huge timesaver when reviewing large batches of similar documents. Another plus is that the coding changes save automatically and the transition to the next document is very fast, eliminating the doc-to-doc lag found in some review platforms.

Cons

The sort/filter function could be a little more intuitive. It can be a bit tricky to check a batch for missed documents upon completion.

Bradley

Excellent For Straight-Forward Review Work

Overall, I am very happy deploying the platform to clients who have a solid grasp of technology and like to "get their hands dirty" with a DIY platform.

Pros

The ease of use and quick customer pick-up is wonderful; many aspects are remarkably straight-forward to use; the knowledge base is a phenomenal asset.

Cons

The lack of a quicker upload option for very large datasets, such as a dedicated SFTP option, etc., so larger uploads can take several hours/all day to complete.

Madeleine

Industry: Law Practice

Much better than other platforms I've used

I much prefer it to other platforms I've used. I've used pretty much all of them, doing document review off and on since the early 2000s.

Pros

User-friendly, just about intuitive to use, work screen isn't cluttered. Easier to see what one is doing coding duplicates & near-dupes than other platforms. Good notes & highlighting functions.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is pretty minor: Not being able to save draft messages.

Industry: Law Practice

Everlaw a great platform for litigation document production

It's help me manage document production for three pending patent litigation matters, all from my laptop.

Pros

Allows an individual to manage a complete production from uploading the documents and producing to opposing counsel and Everlaw support very helpful resolving any issues.

Cons

I think would be helpful to add more ? popups to describe the features and functions.

Streamlined Data Review

Pros

Everlaw is faster and has a friendlier user interface than Relativity.

Cons

There are certain features that do not exist that may be helpful in the context of a larger document review. Being able to save over existing searches rather than creating a new search every time a condition changes, for instance.

Ari

Review for Everlaw

Excellent

Pros

1. Outstanding customer service, 2. Generally a very intuitive program to use

Cons

I wish it were more intuitive to do proximity searches

Tim

Great tool for email filtering and review

I’ve used the product for many years and it is an excellent product for e-discovery and email review.

Pros

Very versatile and fantastic product support

Cons

It takes time to learn about all of the options for review and filtering

Functionality and features.