All Filevine Reviews

Stephen

Law Practice, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

Filevine Review: Whole team of help, in one platform.

Ryan

Law Practice

Reviewed November 2017

Filevine is the backbone of our practice.

I get the ability to move my cases quickly and in a way that produces repeatable results. There is a huge increase in our efficiency and organization.

PROS

Filevine's feed is deceptively simple. It looks a ton like Facebook. But that's part of the genius. We had trouble getting our team to use other case management software. They would take notes in various programs. But they have all taken to Filevine. The ability to send texts to clients from the feed is game changing for us. We love the document automation and workflows. We recently connected Filevine with Domo to give us best in class automated visual reports for our KPIs. We enjoy the ability to share tabs with our clients, experts, and referring counsel. Filevine allows us to scale our processes. We are very satisfied. Customer support is first rate. I used Clio for almost 6 years.

CONS

Sometimes data has to be entered multiple times in various fields - like birthdates. This is a small annoyance. I do wish that Filevine had an intake tab that functioned like Lexicata to allow our clients to enter in some of their information without us.

Maria

A new Era with Filevine

PROS

It's amazing how you guys integrate every aspect of the persona injury practice and you can customize the experience for every customer.

CONS

The preview for the documents is not the best one, it takes time while it opens in a new tap

Reasons for switching to Filevine

It was a different way to have the client's information, with filevine we are more organized

Thank you so much for leaving your review, Maria!

Joel

Reviewed October 2022

Great for innovative personal injury firms with dedicated IT team--disastrous customer service!

I have a love-hate relationship with FileVine. If I did it again, I would not have made the leap to FileVine for various reasons. However, it's a great piece of software for the right firm --such as a mid to large size PI firm with a dedicated IT team. Essentially you are given a blank canvas with lots of options. It's not so good if you don't have the resources or IT team to build FileVine out for you, or if you want automation built in, or all in one system. Ultimately, the reason I am writing this review is the god-awful mess that is FileVine's customer service department. I have to admit am rather upset that FileVine is forcing me to pay for users that we don't have (FV makes you pay once a year and at some point we had some interns who briefly used the software). Other software you pay only for what you use in an automated monthly fashion. FV's renewal process is straight out of 1994. FileVine seems like the admin department has a lot of growing pains--really messy. But this is just another step in a long history of FileVine's poor customer support (such as taking almost a year to respond to repeated emails about setting up a fax integration.) I thought after treating me so poorly in the past that they would do the right thing in this instance, but FileVine decided they want to make us pay for user accounts that we don't use. It doesn't seem right to me, but it's their company. Ce'st la vie.

PROS

A ton of feature and you can make anything you want out of it. The UI is great and customization is the key to FV's attractiveness. You can built almost anything you want. You have to invest a lot of time into building it out.

CONS

There are no built-in automations such as in Lawmatics. The doc mgmt and calendar are worthless so we use Google Drive and G-Calendar instead. They haven't really done much to improve Filevine in the past two years whereas other software has been developed much more. They charge you extra for every little add on-- you get nickel and dimed to death. It's like when you go to a restaurant and spend $15 for a burrito. Dont charge me 75 cents for sour cream.

Evelin

From TimeMatters to FileVine - WOW

It has definitely taken us from the 1980's to 2024. Huge change & upgrade for the firm - still have a few kinks to work out.

PROS

Ease of use for all levels of knowledge / administrative duty.

CONS

We had a very hard time using the Mail Mege / Doc Generator in the beginning.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Company Decision - I believe they wanted something more modern.

Evelin, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Alexa

Constantly upgrading and improving

PROS

We came to Filevine from a different case management software system. We loved the look of our prior system, but it was not good for much other than document generation and assigning contacts to the file. We looked at a bunch of other options and even tried one before we went with Filevine. We have been using it since and I wouldn't recommend anything else. There is so much to like about Filevine: - You can text your clients and they can text you right into their case in Filevine. - You can filter the main page so you can see all the texts or all the tasks, etc. - You can share links or .pdfs so easily - We haven't had 1 hiccup in cloud storage or security - The best part is the customization because you can have your Filevine look and act however you want it. - Every Filevine case has a distinct email so that we can either email directly or forward everything we need right to the file. I could go on and on. The point is, choose Filevine and never look back. You won't regret it!

CONS

The only con so far is directly connected to a pro. Filevine is customizable so the pro is that you can build it to match up with your office. The con that is connected with that is that it takes time to set it up.

We really appreciate this thoughtful review, Alexa. This feedback is so helpful. It sounds like you really put the time into finding the best possible platform for your firm, so we're committed to not letting you down!

Spencer

Reviewed April 2022

Filevine - hard sales push promises more than delivers

I was intrigued to try this program. I did a demo and had numerous sales calls. It was an aggressive sales pitch. I finally said I'm intrigued to try it out which required me to pay over $2,000 I figured if it worked then it would be worth it. Well after a few days of use, it was clear it did not do what I expected and I did not like using it at all. It was my mistake and thank goodness I made them include a clause about not autorenewing my subscription. I recommend against using FileVine. Software should always provide a trial period, even a week. Where such a software does not let you play around with it outside of watching a demo, it should be a redflag. FileVine may be a good solution for some people but I don't recommend using it because they don't allow that before trying it. And it is not as full-featured as advertised and each little thing is another add-on fee.

PROS

In theory it offers customization. I don't doubt that it does. It has some limited document management abilities.

CONS

They charge you for "implementation" more than the cost of the licenses. I'm not a programmer or computer science graduate but consider myself competent with programs like this. My philosophy is that if I must be "trained" to use it, then it's not an intuitive program. When I had an issue, the customer service person - who seemed helpful - told me the only way to troubleshoot my issue - the documents were not searchable even though I had paid extra for OCR (notwithstanding word documents are by definition searchable) - was for me to add him as an administrator for my account and that he would look at it. I was stunned. I've used dozens of programs and received support from them when needed. Standard method is through remote access tool. Who would ever think to add their support rep's email as an admin on my account? This is indicative of my issues with the program.

Reason for choosing Filevine

I did not choose it. I did a very expensive "trial."

Hi Spencer, we are sorry to hear about your issue with Filevine. At Filevine, we strive to create products that simplify legal work but sometimes we learn we are falling short. We understand your frustration with the sales approach and are actively working to revise that. Additionally, we hear you about paid implementation. Filevine is a powerful toolwe charge for implementation because we take a hands-on approach to migrating legacy data and ensure instances are set up so our customers can launch seamlessly from day one. We appreciate your honest review. If you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to reach out to our team at info@filevine.com.

Replied April 2022

Matthew

Filevine review

PROS

Ease of use and lots of options to assist in optimizing your case management system. I love the all in one type nature of Filevine and its continued effort to improve and increase offerings to clientele. Most functions are very intuitive and there is a clear vision to help law firms automate all sorts of tasks that take up time.

CONS

Some of the additional functions are not as developed as I would like. Some issues do not appear until you actually get to use and play around with the new function. Also, some of the automations and small fixes are slow to get implemented.

Hi Matthew, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback!

Katrina

FV for the WIN!

Your overall impression of Filevine appears positive and thorough. You value its diverse range of features, such as centralized document management, collaborative case notes, efficient billing and invoicing, well-organized contact database, effective time and expense tracking, streamlined electronic signatures, and strong security and compliance measures. These functionalities collectively enhance workflow efficiency, promote better communication and collaboration, improve financial management, and contribute to heightened client satisfaction. In summary, Filevine emerges as a valuable and comprehensive tool for legal professionals, providing a complete solution for case management and client representation.

PROS

What I appreciate most about Filevine is its efficient document management, which significantly enhances efficiency, collaboration, and compliance within legal operations. It guarantees that documents are orderly, easily accessible, secure, and current, ultimately leading to improved results for clients and increased productivity for legal practitioners.

CONS

There's little to find fault with in Filevine, given its pivotal role in my work as a case manager. It greatly aids me in numerous aspects of my responsibilities.

Sumit

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The best case management software available.

I am happy to use and work on this platform. The best part is the report section. Earlier, we used to do everything in Excel or Google spreadsheet and those were manual entries. But now we have all the data in hand. Thanks to the REPORT generation feature in FV.

PROS

FV is user friendly unlike other CMS's.

CONS

FV pdf editor lacks features which is available in adobe pdf.

Laura

Love Filevine

PROS

Flexibility and user friendliness are my favorite features.

CONS

Nothing. We have had no issues with this product.

Thank you so much for your review, Laura! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying Filevine and find the platform to be flexible and user-friendly. We look forward to continuing to support you!

Reviewed February 2021

Goodbye server!

Filevine has allowed us to be much more nimble in working remotely for all employees, replaced our server, provided increased and accurate communication in our firm on cases, allows us to share parts of the file with clients, allows client communication with text messages, and permits easy customizing to further suit our practice area which is ERISA and disability benefits. In a nutshell, it has been wonderful.

PROS

Filevine came along at the right time as we had to attorneys who were working remotely. We had consistent difficulties with our server and of course that made them entirely unproductive. Filevine worked wonderfully in replacing our server and eliminating those growing costs. It is secure user-friendly and honestly the more you use it the more power you see it has. We are now greatly expanding our form letter database although we have been using a number of letters with it for over a year now.

CONS

We previously utilized Needles and the reports with Needles were very helpful especially when two or more attorneys worked on the same case. We were able to separate out the attorney time using the Needles reports. Our attorneys are paid based on their productivity and such reports were very beneficial. Filevine does not have those reports but that really is the only negative that we have seen so far.

Reason for choosing Filevine

Customization for our practice, task driven functions to reduce attorney time directing many tasks, and demonstrated reliability.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Server issues, lack of a good and reliable web based option for Needles. .

Alison

Reviewed March 2021

Time Saver

Doc+ is still not as functional and userfriendly. The view of documents and folders. It would be very beneficial to have an option to view all of the documents in the folders and subfolders at one time rather than having to click into each subfolder to see what is in it. This process takes up valuable time.

PROS

This software has made it easy for our team members to track daily tasks and team members activities. This software has also helped us to stream line communication on our files which ultimately saves time for the team and the client

CONS

I believe Doc plus isn't as functional and easy as it could be. I believe it would be very beneficial to be able to see all the items in docs folders in one view rather than having to click in each individual subfolder

Reasons for switching to Filevine

To streamline programs. However, Primafact, I believe does have a better service for showcasing documents and making edits within the documents.

Stephanie

Reviewed September 2021

Best Bang for your Buck

I am very happy with Filevine. The support staff is one of the best of any company I have ever used. Not only are they tremendously patient, but they are very knowledgeable and happy to help you with any problem that you or your staff are having. They listen to their clients and try to improve the features that the clients are requesting most. If you are considering the change to Filevine, I recommend that you do it - you won't regret it.

PROS

Filevine is very easy and is an ideal program for personal injury, especially mass torts. It allows for full customization and you can make different projects for each litigation. It allows you to text directly with the clients, both for their convenience and yours. The information can be placed in multiple sections and it makes it very easy to put pertinent information for your attorneys to use for the cases. You can keep track of all types of information with reports, from which intake sources are working best to what type of cases are currently in your inventory. In addition, I have never had a software that is constantly innovating & improving the way that this does.

CONS

I did not have to integrate from another software, but there are hiccups and delays when that becomes necessary. However, that is true any time you switch from one to the other. The new Docs Plus is very useful, although you will still need to keep at least one account for Adobe Acrobat, as all the features are not there. I wish there was a way to delete comments or tasks (for the administrator), as sometimes these are made but there is no way to clean it up.

Reason for choosing Filevine

The versatility and ease of Filevine made the choice very easy for us. It allows my virtual office staff to work seamlessly on their work and with each other. The customization ability made it an ideal choice.

Eric

Reviewed March 2020

Customizable & Headache Free

I discovered Filevine after using two other case management programs. The first one I tried was fine, but it was too generic for my law practice. The second one I tried was more tailored to my area of law, but it was a headache to learn and lacked any ability to customize the program to work the way I like to work. Enter Filevine. Filevine lets users tailor the program to have features that users want instead of delivering static features that force users to adjuster their workflows to suit the software. The program is easy to use, has a pleasing interface, and the onboarding experience is awesome. I was guided step-by-step through the program so that when I was set loose with the program, I could hit the ground running.

PROS

The ability to customize the program so that it works the way you work.

CONS

The details I would change are very minor.

Reason for choosing Filevine

I liked the look and feel of Filevine over Smokeball, and the customization capability that Filevine offered is what I was really looking for. I wanted a program that allowed me set up my intake process the way I like it to be, my folder hierarchy the way I like it to be, my deadlines how I want them, etc., etc. Only Filevine offered that.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Practice Panther was a good product but too generic. Case Peer was extremely difficult to use.

Thanks for the review Eric! Filevine is all about giving you the ability to run your practice the way that you've envisioned. Happy to hear that you're loving it!

Replied March 2020

Joshua

Reviewed April 2021

Next Level Case Management System

Amazing business led by innovators in the legal case management space. Always willing to listen to your thoughts and create solutions for your business needs.

PROS

The software is limitless. We are able to integrate with multiple platforms without any issues.

CONS

Only draw back so far is implementation. With any technology you are going to have a slow down in production to start but we have seen significant benefits once the staff have all been trained.

Reason for choosing Filevine

The user interface of filevine and ability to always be able to integrate with other technologies via API.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Our firm knew the future of the legal industry was going to be led by technology and decided to take the step early.

Mariel

Reviewed February 2021

The Best!

I lover it!

PROS

I love how friendly usage this program is! Very up to date, very new and fresh! I will recommend it to anyone with my eyes closed.

CONS

I wish we were able to view CDs like MRIs, X-rays and etc.

Reason for choosing Filevine

It was colorful, not scare to click on things, very friendly, very new!

Reasons for switching to Filevine

Needles was very old and did not fi the need for our office. And Smart advocate was a more NY based program and you couldn't change it.

Jerry

Reviewed May 2021

Functional and Reliable

The system has been very beneficial for our purposes. We have not fully implemented and utilized the billing and settlement features.

PROS

The Filevine Software was integrated into our law practice with all the modifications we needed. It provides features that allow us to maintain all our client information in one system with designated users. This software even allows us to fax, text and receive messages from clients, providers and others through our mailroom feature. It is truly an innovative expandable package with good technical support for any purpose.

CONS

Integration into our business was an extended process requiring our personal involvement. The least likeable feature thus far is the import of external files from outside the system.

Reason for choosing Filevine

Gat reviews by other attorneys.

Reasons for switching to Filevine

We needed a more rigorous and individualized system.

Tyler