All NextChapter Reviews

Andrew James

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Essential Tool for a Law Firm

PROS

I enjoy that it is cloud based, seems secure, real-time access anywhere you are.

CONS

BestCase just seems easier to use for me. Sometimes it is touch in NextChapter to remember where everything is as far as where to input data to appear in a specific form.

Thanks for the review, Andrew! We're glad you appreciate the cloud based access. If you ever need help figuring out where to edit/enter anything, feel free to reach out to our Support team!

Replied May 2022

Morgan

Reviewed May 2019

Great product and great customer service

It helps me keep all of my clients well organized and the interface is way more appealing than the other software I previously used and reviewed prior to selecting NextChapter. The cloud-based system is ideal; now that the app is available it will be even easier to control remotely so I can review and resolve matters with bankruptcy clients while out of the office.

PROS

I utilitze the texting feature, which allows automated messages and language tailored to my clients both pre- and post-filing. The fact that it's already integrated allows me to keep track of ALL conversations with clients within their record; also, all Pacer notices are filed automatically, any court or 341 notices are automatically calendared and all of my proofs of claim are saved and I can open them any time (without needing to download them each time they come through); I love the ability to save notes in each individual client record so all of the information I need can be reviewed quickly for myself or my assistant.

CONS

I love the software overall; there are a couple of changes that I would make for sake of ease (one example is there is no place to list the trustee for a debtor once the case is filed; this is fairly important for my district and would be nice to make sure this is on the Dashboard and contained within the Client Information). The Next Chapter team is excellent at taking suggestions (I have emailed several before) and updating the local forms or software itself to make sure it is meeting my needs.

Reason for choosing NextChapter

1) The product generally looked better (the formatting, the design, etc.) 2) Add-on such as the Debtor Portal and Texting capabiilties (there are others I don't use know but will surely integrate in the future as needed) 3) Customer service during the free preview and follow up afterwards.

We're so happy to hear how useful NextMessage has been for you and your firm! And since your review it's great to see there is a trustee field in there now. The biggest perk of being on the cloud is being able to easily implement these requests for users like you. Thanks again Morgan :)

Replied June 2019

Reviewed August 2019

While there have been bumps in switching software, overall it's been a smooth transition.

PROS

NextChapter was really easy to get started with and the data entry is simple to use. The texting feature has been a real help with keeping in contact with clients as well. When we've had problems, customer service was quick to help resolve our issues.

CONS

The biggest issue that we've had is the amount of time that it's taken get a case filed, but NextChapter has worked towards fixing that and made it easier.

Evan

Reviewed February 2024

NextChapter happy user

PROS

NextChapter is a great bang for the buck program. It has good easy to use interface and pretty much all the features I need to work on a typical consumer bankruptcy.

CONS

Some of the features that would be helpful such as the Chapter 13 Plan come as add-ons and can make the cost add up quick.

Thanks for a great review, Evan! We are so happy to hear that NextChapter is helping your firm work quickly and efficiently.

Replied February 2024

Tami

Reviewed January 2020

NextChapter is Great

Every time I call into NextChapter my question is answered quickly and the issue resolved. I have had an awesome experience with NextChapter.

PROS

I love the ease of entering information into the software.

CONS

I dislike the treatment of a leased vehicle and the inability to put a monthly vehicle payment into Schedule J without having a vehicle on Schedule B.

Price and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

Cost and accessibility for our Mac computers.

Thanks so much for your review, Tami! We are glad to hear your experience with NextChapter has been positive. Our Support team is always here to answer questions and report any issues you experience so please continue to utilize us!

Replied February 2020

Reviewed April 2020

NextChapter has improved my bankruptcy practice.

As a career BestCase user I was reluctant to switch, but after using NextChapter I wish I had switched sooner.

PROS

The software is very easy to learn and use. My paralegal and I love the flow of the interface which make data entry smooth and easy. The customer service and tech support are super fast, friendly, and helpful.

CONS

I have nothing bad to say about NextChapter.

Reason for choosing NextChapter

Simply put, it was just a better product, easier to use, and the support was very responsive to my requests and suggestions.

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

Having access to my client files wherever I am offered me more flexibility.

Thanks so much for the review, David! We are happy you find the product easy to use and love that you are feeling supported!

Replied April 2020

Nicole

Frequent user

It it easy to use and I am abel to move quickly through the program. I like that I am able to preview and if something is incorrect, with just one click I am able to get to the schedule or statement to make my correction.

PROS

I like that I only have to enter the information in one location and it automatically places it whereever else it is relevant in the software.

CONS

The exemptions that we use are not alway correct in the software. I have to old school it and look up exemptions to ensure I am using the correct one. However, when I have found an exemption to be incorrect, I have contacted customer service and they have quickly corrected it (:

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

This program was in the "Cloud" and the price.

Thank you for this great review, Nicole! We always hope our users find the app to be user friendly so to hear you feel that way just makes our day! Thanks so much for being an awesome NextChapter customer :)

Raymond

Reviewed January 2021

Great Product for Bankruptcy's

PROS

This is a very easy program to learn. The customer support is great! If you have a question its probably in the FAQ's. If not there is someone there to help - and they answer your calls. We were having a password issue when our computer systems updated. The techs noticed and called us to see if they could help us resolve the issue. That's service! We were up and running in two seconds.

CONS

We haven't really found any cons to this software yet. With any software this is a learning curve. You have to remember to hit save after entering some data, but that is just getting to know your software.

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

The cost of Best Case kept going up and up, while the service kept going down.

Wow, Raymond, thank you so much! This is one of the best reviews we have ever received. We are so glad that you are pleased with the amount of support. We will continue to be here if you should need anything!

Replied January 2021

Joseph

Reviewed August 2019

Way better more modern bankruptcy software

PROS

This software blows the doors off of the prior software that our firm used for the past 18 years. More intuitive, data entry and organizational features. Works well on all devices.

CONS

There are some of the features that don't seem complete yet. NextMessage seems like it could be an awesome, groundbreaking way to communicate with clients, but doesn't seem totally mobile compatible yet. Would be great to see and respond to client messages through mobile app.

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

I was tired of living with 1998 software. I try to work in various places and Bestcase required me to be tethered to my office desktop. Was very frustrating.

Thank you, Joseph! We loved meeting you at NACBA and seeing you come by with your iPad already signed up and inputting a case. It's great to watch users catch on so quickly, it makes us so proud of the product! Be on the lookout in the next couple of weeks for some NextMessage enhancements :)

Replied September 2019

Cheryl

Reviewed May 2020

Recommended software for bankruptcy attorneys

I highly recommend NextChapter for any bankruptcy attorney, small firm or large firm.

PROS

I chose NextChapter because I needed to move my bankruptcy software into the cloud. I've kept NextChapter because of the customer service and timely software updates, as well as innovations in product options.

CONS

I've relayed suggestions for software improvement, primarily in local Chapter 13 Plans, and NextChapter has been responsive in software updates to include improvements.

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

Needed cloud software for my bankruptcy practice

We can't thank your firm enough for such great reviews, Cheryl! We hope you continue to enjoy using NextChapter and continue letting us know how we can improve! Users like you make NextChapter a better, more effective product.

Chritopher

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

NextChapter makes bankruptcy easy and affordable for lawyers

NextChapter and their support team give me the confidence to take on bankruptcy cases. Knowing that their support team of professionals include experienced paralegals who have focused their career on bankruptcy law reassures me that not only can my technical questions get answered, but often a legal issue I haven't seen before they will have dealt with, and can point me towards the relevant law on the issue.

PROS

When my partner and I first opened our law practice, the idea of learning bankruptcy law both appealed to us and frightened us. While both of us had extensive litigation backgrounds, neither of us had ever worked in the field before. We also practice in a rural area, so the number of bankruptcy cases were likely to few and far between. Every lawyer we spoke to strongly recommended a bankruptcy case management software to generate all of the documents and notices that must be filed correctly in order to get your clients the relief they need. Of all of the programs out there, only NextChapter offered "by case" pricing, perfect for our firm that only handles 1-2 cases a year. Couple that with friendly, professional, and knowledgeable customer support (with a real person that will call and talk you through issues), and I became a NextChapter believer. Now, NextChapter integrates with my regular case management system, CLIO, making my life even easier.

CONS

The integration with CLIO is a little clunky...while standard bankruptcy tasks get uploaded wholesale from NextChapter, there is no automatic sharing or uploading of documents between the systems. It's not a huge gripe, as most of what you need to do with document generation you will want to do in NextChapter anyway, but it would save time if it would upload completed documents to CLIO.

Reason for choosing NextChapter

Our firm looked at other products, but the "by case" pricing, paralegal support, ease of use, integration with CLIO and good customer support has made it clear to us that NextChapter is the right program for us.

Thanks so much for the review, Christopher! We are so glad to hear our pricing structure works for you and your firm and even more pleased to know you are satisfied with our customer support!

Replied May 2021

Sherry

Reviewed November 2020

Forced conversion, but very happy with the results.

The software program we utilized was purchased by NextChapter forcing our conversion. I had used the other product for years and wasn't very happy with the change. Once I started using NextChapter and I actually allowed myself to stop resenting the change, I found this program to be a delightful change of pace. If I have all required client documentation at my fingertips, I am able to complete a bankruptcy packet in a few hours instead of over the course of a few days. I didn't want to, but I love my NextChapter software. It has definitely made my day easier.

PROS

The data input covers all the bases the first time around. Information is put in one time and is then populated into the required forms. When I did need a little help, I found the staff quite willing to answer my questions.

CONS

I had to learn a whole new way to deal with data input. All of the questions a law firm is required to answer in order to complete the paperwork (forms) are in the software, however, if you're not paying close attention when you are new to the system, it is easy to overlook basic entry points and become very frustrated. Once you take the time to become conversant with the software, it is a dream to use.

Fastcase was purchased by NextChapter

Thanks so much for this review, Sherry! We know change is not easy and really appreciate your willingness to learn. We are so happy to hear your day is made easier by our app :)

Replied January 2021

Tara

Reviewed January 2020

Best Bankruptcy Software EVER!!

From the great product to the wonderful customer service professionals, this is the best bankruptcy software I have used!

PROS

Next Chapter turned the bankruptcy software process on its head! In the best way! It gathers the information once, and files the forms as needed, rather than requiring the user to enter information multiple times or in multiple places. The cloud-based system means I can enter, review and even file cases from anywhere I have a laptop (or iPad or phone) and an internet connection! I have used the software on the beach in Hawaii, and even filed a case from the main stage at the NFL Draft! I can't begin to say enough good things about this software!

CONS

There really are not any downsides to this product!

Thank you SO much for this great review, Tara! We are so happy to hear you like using NextChapter and can use it whenever you are traveling. When you say you can use it anywhere, you really mean anywhere!

Replied February 2020

Doris

Reviewed May 2023

Good cloud based program that is reasonably priced.

PROS

The step by step schedules make it easy to train new employees on the software. The integration of the credit report also saves time. All schedules are easy to navigate.

CONS

When filing the Attorney Fee Disclosure it does not always update immediately. Although the credit report integration is useful, addresses are often wrong and need to be corrected.

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

We went with Next Chapter because it is cloud based and reasonably priced.

Todd

Reviewed May 2019

NextChapter is continuously improving the product

PROS

It's cloud-based. Best Case might be a better product, but only if you are a one attorney, one computer (that's a PC), one office, no support staff, law firm. But who fits that criteria? And, that's why I switched. Since it is browser based cloud software, I can work on any computer, whether Mac of PC, and I can work anywhere I have an internet connection. It also syncs with Clio, which is synced with Lexicata, which is synced with Call Ruby - enter info once and you've synced across multiple platforms.

CONS

Was a little buggy at first ( 2 years ago), but rarely an issue any more. Tech support is always great at fixing it, and they are continuously improving the product and receptive to user-requested changes.

Thanks for taking the time to review NextChapter! It's always rewarding to see that our continued efforts to better the product have led to reduced errors and now allows us to focus on the fun stuff in the app!

Replied June 2019

Holli

Reviewed May 2020

I was skeptical in the beginning, but now............

I love the ability to access the program from anywhere on any computer. What a time saver! And......their support people are fantastic!!!

PROS

I was very skeptical in the beginning and thought it was going to be hard to use, but...........now I'm in love with this program. I have been in this business over 40 years and this is the best bankruptcy program I have used. I love the one input feature that goes to all of the appropriate schedules and how fast I can get a case inputted and ready to review and then file. It is totally user friendly!!!

CONS

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Reason for choosing NextChapter

Found NextChapter to be more user friendly and that is my number one priority.

Reasons for switching to NextChapter

They were bought out by NextChapter.

Wow, thanks so much for this review, Holli! We love that you are now finding NextChapter easy to use and thrilled that you feel supported by our team!

Gayle

Reviewed July 2020

NextChapter Review

My overall experience with Next Chapter has been very positive. There are were, of course, glitches in the beginning but customer support are prompt and helpful.

PROS

The software is very easy to use and very user friendly. I especially like the Preview feature and downloading the petition documents during filing with the Court is extremely easy.

CONS

I wish there were a notes section? Clients tend to leave out certain information and it would be really helpful if there were a section of the software where you could put notes on missing information and/or documents and be able to print it for the client. The old Top Form version had that capability.

Integration.

Gayle, thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you're finding NextChapter easy to use :)

Replied August 2020