• Pros

• "Easy to use and reliable. I also like the up to date programs on the desk top"

• "Amazing capabilities. When you put good information into the system, you get great results out! Makes my job much, much easier. It's the best legal system I've used in almost 10 years!"

• "It works. I love the support. The employees appear to love their job. I love that the company is willing to listen to us."

• Cons

• "some features are a little cumbersome, but that's just the nature of a relational database"

• "There is a learning curve to understand the software. I wish the IOS program was much more powerful and useful. I wish the intake wizard was more friendly and adaptable."

• "No cons here, awesome sales & support people that really listen and find a solution for what you are looking for."

Browse TrialWorks Reviews

Powerful Tool; Seamless Integration

TrialWorks enables us to organize and manage our cases in a systematic fashion, while also customizing each case's layout as needed. We love using this program.

Pros

TrialWorks works seamlessly with Microsoft Outlook. One of the most important features for us is recording emails relating to a case. It is SO easy to file email correspondence into TrialWorks. It has proven to be extremely helpful.

Cons

We have been very satisfied with TrialWorks. If I had to change anything, however, I would make the Billing section/tool more user-friendly.

David from Grimmett Law Firm, PLLC

Good for Litigators

My firm consists of two lawyers and two paralegals. We primarily handle 80 percent personal injury and 20 percent family law. I have used Trialworks for approximately 7 years along with PCLaw for accounting purposes. Before that, we used Amicus which was good; however, it didn't have the capabilities that Trialworks had at that time. In the beginning of using Trialworks, we were using Trialworks primarily as a hub for all case information including pleadings, correspondence, etc and we finally began using it to maximize efficiency approximately five years ago with its abilities to create forms using templates and automatically generating workflow. It is very good for litigation purposes, but for pre-litigation purposes, it falters. It is very difficult to manipulate the intake screen and if you handle several different types of personal injury or other types of litigation, you will need do several work arounds. The workflow works well; however, if you want any triggering events, you will need to make sure that your staff is well trained, or you will begin to see events falling through the cracks. The customer service is okay; however, recently every time we try to call we are placed on hold for approximately 20 minutes only to leave a message waiting for technical support to call back who generally calls back within 24 hours. We have suggested many changes, and some of them have taken as much as two years to take effect when Trialworks is promising that they will arrive sooner. If you use PCLaw or Quickbooks for accounting purposes, Trialworks meshes well with both and you can send billable time to both. Regarding templates, it is somewhat difficult to learn how to create templates using the bookmark features, but once you have created a good template, you can use it to build other templates. If you are looking for a good out of the box solution that is server based, Trialworks is definitely a contender. If you are looking for something with more customization, I would suggest that you look at other companies. Good luck!

Pros

Ease of use and out of the box capability

Cons

Lack of customization, and lack of focus on pre-litigation capabilities. I really do wish it had a better intake screen, but no program is perfect.

Kenneth from Kenneth Halpern & Associates

Overall good program and great company

i have been a user of Trialworks for over 10 years and overall i am pleased, but feel that there is room for improvement, initially i was introduced to this company at an ATLA convention where i also viewed the products of other companies. The company is well run with people who generally are available to timely respond to issues. Overall the product is robust and has a lot of features. However, one of my concerns with this company, is that on top of purchasing the product and paying an annual fee, we were never fully trained in the various features of the program. As I recall, we were offered an opportunity to have someone train us, but there was a substantial additional charge for this training. As a result, i do not feel that we are using all of the features that we might benefit from. That being said, if we ask a specific question, we are usually provided with a timely response. The program is geared to law firms who have a substantial personal injury practice. That being said, i was surprised that there was no way to file photographs in a case file. When i raised this question recently, i was informed that a "button" could be reprogrammed to file photographs. However, the process is not smooth, and involves way to many steps. This needs to be improved - it should be as easy to file a photograph as it is to file an email. We have been primarily been using the program to file all emails, pleadings and correspondence as well as notes for each case. the program works well for these functions. However, it is not geared for time and billing hourly cases. There is a billing function, which we also recently discovered, but since we were not trained in its use, we have found it difficult to use, and in fact, it appears that having turned an "auto function" on, instead of it only applying to hourly cases, it has been turned on for all cases, which is very annoying. i am not sure if there is a way to turn it off. Certainly there is no intuitive way to tailor it to the appropriate cases. However, i have not tried to see if the company can help with this - so perhaps it can be tailored. we also have, on occasion, had issues with the interface of the program and the underlying outlook/word issues. we used to use their IT person to do our IT work, which resolved the issue, since they were responsible for both their program and IT issues and there was no finger pointing. Recently we are having problems they say are not their problem.

David from Rapoport Law Offices, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Trialworks: What else do you need?

Since initially implementing the TrialWorks software in my PI practice, I have literally saved myself hundreds if not thousands of hours in paperwork and organization, and thousands of dollars in time and staff. FIrst of all, the support is stellar. You simply call and/or go through the online portal, and in minutes you have someone on the computer who is fixing the problem or addressing your question. Everyone who responds to your inquiry is qualified and knowledgeable in the software and I have never had a situation where they were NOT able to resolve my issue or question within minutes. Seriously....it's that good. Since the software is primarily geared toward a personal injury practice, and with the constant tweaking of the interface based upon user feedback, it pretty much covers most of everything I need in my practice. Scanning of documents into the interface is easy and organized. Moving emails and documents into files is a breeze. The integration with Outlook, Quickbooks, MS Office, MedQuest, and others makes the program incredibly useful in that you barely need to use any other interface during your entire day. Everything can be accessed through TrialWorks. After decades of using the product, I could NEVER go back to simply using desktop folders and Windows for file management. TrialWOrks has made my office practically paperless, and I am very close to being completely paperless. The good news is that you can be as paperless, or papered, as you deem necessary. TrialWorks is light years ahead of the basic organization capabilities of a desktop manager, and with their Cloud-based option, it is now feasible for ANY size firm or budget. I highly recommend it.

Pros

The ease of retrieving information and putting information into the interface via Outlook, scanning, etc. Also, the Reminders and Tickler system is a lifesaver.

Cons

I'm pretty sure that without a major tutorial and some real time spent on it, I am not getting the most out of the program as I could be. Also, I would love to see a more robust and extensive mobile/tablet application interface.

June 2016

Christopher from Paulson & Nace, PLLC

June 2016

The Most Comprehensive Case Management System Around

Our firm began using TrialWorks just over seven years ago. We had never utilized a case management system before, so this was a big change for our office. Our transition to a paperless environment was slow at first, but TrialWorks gave us the flexibility to use as little or as much of its functionality as we wanted. What was great about the program was that we were able to move our entire practice'really, everything we do on a daily basis'to this new software at our own pace and still feel like it was instantly a good investment. TW integrates completely with Outlook. So we end up keeping our TrialWorks 'Docket' and still maintain a master calendar on Outlook, along with our own personal calendars. We begin everything for a case in TW: email, pleadings, correspondence, you name it. We have templates for everything through TW. So my form discovery is all in TW and when I need to pull it together, I just hit 'Create New' and it populates it with the defendants' names, etc. We keep all of our contacts in TW and can even attach CVs to a contact entry. TW integrates with QuickBooks, so we can see exactly how much money we have in a case or all of our cases. There are negotiation and settlement calculators as well. All of our depos are stored in TW. There is a screen for liens, so we can keep track of the liens in a case also. Another great feature is the reporting ability. We can assign statuses to our cases and run a million different reports. We also manage all of our new case intake in TW. And while the software itself is powerful, flexible and intuitive, the support of the TrialWorks team is what gives us the utmost confidence that this was the right choice for us. They consistently help us learn new ways to utilize the software, they are constantly upgrading the program'often times with changes that we or other attorneys have suggested'and they are always there to answer even the most mundane questions. Simply put, they listen to their clients and respond to their clients' needs. With the app I can pull up any document, email, contact, etc. on my iPhone or iPad. There is an Android app as well. TW also offers a hosted solution: everything is in the cloud. With that option they provide you with Office 2013, QuickBooks, and other software you might use in your practice. They basically take care of all of you networking.

Pros

Like most firms, we have a few business partners that make our practice tick. TrialWorks is at the top of that list. We didn't buy a case management system when we bought TrialWorks. We entered into a long term partnership with a team that is there to help us run an efficient law office.

Cons

It could use a facelift so that it is "prettier" but that is basically a superficial criticism.

Diane from Freiwald Law

Case Management Attorney

The learning curve for this product was steep, but once the basic functionality was understood, it applied throughout the application making each step much easier. Customer support has been outstanding from the sales process through implementation through support ... we've never been left waiting for answers.

Pros

What I like best about TW is its flexibility to integrate seamlessly with other applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook. It has strong report-writing capabilities, and allows you to leverage Excel and Word to create dynamic reports that are fully customizable. This has made the data that we are collecting on a daily basis to be very useful for both paralegals and attorneys. While the day-to-day management of case information is critical, the breadth of data we now have insight into is equally critical from a business perspective.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like we have to input data multiple times, which can feel duplicative. For example, if I want to tag someone as an expert, the contact information must first appear on the Contact Tab, and then I can link it through the Expert Tab. Similarly, if I'm entering certain critical dates through the Docket Tab, I have to make sure they are entered first through Important Dates rather than through the Docket Tab; otherwise, I have to enter them again.

Response from TrialWorks

Replied July 2016

Good Advice Diane. Thank you!

Laura from Morris King & Hodge

Very Bumpy Implementation

Pros

TrialWorks is the most comprehensive case management software on the market today. They have a feature for just about every legal task you can imagine. Their support team does a good job trying to resolve questions as quickly as possible. TrialWorks can be a huge time saver, if you know how to use it and enter the right information in the right places. Mastering this software takes true skill because there are countless features. We really appreciated the support our trainer provided; he really went out of his way to help us learn the software and the basic tools we would need everyday.

Cons

Implementation was very rough for our firm. There were a lot of computer program defaults that needed to be reset in order for the software to run and display properly (things that were not communicated clearly prior to our launch.) Also, we were not aware of just how contacts-driven TrialWorks is at the time of our launch. We launched with no contacts loaded in the system and then spent several weeks backpedaling and scrambling to enter contacts just so we could use the basic TrialWorks features. We launched at the end of February; it is now May and things are finally just starting to settle into place with TrialWorks. There are so many features we still need to explore, but we are finally at a point where we are not losing time completing daily tasks in TrialWorks. Our goal as a firm is to eventually reach a point where we can SAVE time by using TrialWorks.

Ricky from Law Office of Garcia & Ochoa

Industry: Law Practice

TrialWORKS does WORK well with our office

Our firm has used TrialWorks for over 15 years! It has been a great case management system for our firm. We have grown together with the software as our needs continue to grow and evolve. Our experience with TrialWorks has been a very positive one and I would highly recommend this product to both small and large firms.

Pros

It being user friendly is what I like the most about this software. Over the years, training and implementing this software to new hires has been extremely easy.

Cons

The one thing I like least is that it is still on Microsoft Access platform. I would like to see a move to a web-based platform that will make it available online without the need for cloud services.

Deborah from Corbett Law Firm, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Best legal software ever!

We use this product all day everyday. I cannot imagine our office without Trial works/Needles. The support is the best support of any company I have ever dealt with. They keep their employees. Their employees are well-trained. We have had this product since 2007 and I cannot think of one thing I don't like about the product.

Pros

Cons

No cons. We have no complaints, never have. I wish they would post photos of their staff on their website.

Reasons for Choosing TrialWorks

Our final decision was based on other firms recommendations. I have no doubt we made the right choice.

Overall a good program

Pros

1. saving e-mails to cases 2. global address book 3. sending internal hyperlinks of draft documents to team members. I love that we can all work off the same document so we don't have multiple different versions

Cons

when you a docket enter to the calendar the program added the e-mail addresses of every team member and their initials. IT's a small pain to have to review the invitation line to remove duplicates.

Nathaniel from Fick & May, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Practice changing, wonderful, and powerful TrialWorks.

I was introduced to TrialWorks at a 360 Advocacy conference in Denver. I sensed in a heartbeat, this was precisely what I had been looking for to assist in evolution into the Cloud and law practice future. It is the singularly best technology move we have made in all years of practice. I have recommended this case management system to many colleagues since then, and continue with a heartfelt and comfortable enthusiasm to this date. MEGA Team at TrialWorks, there to assist whenever something is needed, and excellent growth tutorial blasts from them along the way. Simply outstanding!

Pros

The dependability and ease of use is remarkable. The breadth, depth, appreciation of what it takes to manage and drive a case smoothly over months into years, with many folks to communicate, many things to accomplish correctly and on time, and that same appreciation for the critical reality that time is finite, makes this case management stand well above all others we reviewed. Five years into it we are still learning new tricks, new wonderful shortcuts .... and the only limiter is ourselves. We simply love TrialWorks!

Cons

That we underutilize the system, simply due to having other things occupying our lives .... like balance, and home life, and other things TrialWorks does not do .... making good coffee, as just one example.

David from Utah Disability, P.C.

Superlative software

I have been using Trialworks ever since it was a DOS program. While there are many other software companies out there, I have never found them to be as powerful and useful as Trialworks. It is very adaptable to my Social Security practice. But it was vital when I had a Personal Injury practice and also a workers compensation practice. The key is to get it set up correctly and then use it as intended. Support for Trialworks is very good. The renewal of the licenses is significantly less than other software. I also appreciate the innovation of the staff at Trialworks to keep it a much better product than it's competitors.

Pros

The power. You have everything within a couple clicks. I have set up about 1500 templates that cut administrative time significantly. The Dashboard is phenomenal. I can look at key factors of my business, including cost containment, important dates at a glance. It works well with Outlook and Adobe Pro.

Alex from Chopra & Nocerino, LLP

Best Value for Money in the Market

I wish I would have integrated trial works much earlier. It makes things so much easier. We have developed many different types of templates and this has improved productivity for everyone. Anyone not using Trialworks should start now!

Pros

Templates

Cons

About 1x per week when I go to contacts I have to go and "Reset Grid Layouts" because the columns are spread 20 inches apart from eachother. This is a waste of time for me and my entire staff to do over and over again. Time is money in my business. This is an easy software glitch that has not been addressed and I have personally complained about this as I am sure many others have as well. The other complaint is that there is no option in the template to create a pulldown or to list options for people to chose from, it is either an "Insert" or "Fill in the Blank." I used to use SAGA at my old firm and the templates had tons of pulldowns. This would enable us to create "Bill of Particulars" using Trialworks instead of doing it manually. Effectively making us more productive and saving time. Remember time is money.

Tracy from Morris Cary Andrews Talmadge & Driggers LLC

Two thumbs up for TrialWorks

I am a partner in a law firm with 8 attorneys. For several years, I was the only attorney in my firm who used TrialWorks, based on the recommendation of my brother who practices in a separate firm. However, last year our whole firm came on board with TrialWorks and we are much more productive now than before. I love that all our intakes across the entire firm are centrally stored and accessible. The training we received on site by TrialWorks was spectacular, the trainers were patient in answering all our questions and getting us up to speed. I highly recommend TrialWorks. Its features allow users to do so many things that increase productivity and efficiency.

Pros

Having the whole firm (8 lawyers and 12 support staff) gain the ability to access files has helped us become more efficient and productive. Our intakes are more accessible. We can track expenses, negotiations, docket reminders, keep diary notes, etc.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about TrialWorks.

Kathleen from Wingate Russotti Shapiro & Halperin

Long-time Trialworks user

As the title states, I am a long-time TW user ... almost 14 years to be exact. I have seen many, many upgrades and additions. As a prior SAGA user, initially I felt that TW was lacking in some areas. I am happy to say that over the course of time, TW has been greatly enhanced. There are so many features that are beneficial and time-saving. As a personal injury law firm, TW tracks many important deadlines; keeps our firm efficient and organized. New employees seem to pick up the program with ease, so it is extremely user-friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend TW to any firm considering a strong case management system.

Pros

It's convenience and ease of use.

Cons

The one area where I feel some improvement is necessary is with the contacts and how they are accessed.

Scott from Charnas Law Firm, P.C.

Indispensable

I have been using for trial works for at least 13 years. [The firm went from three users to one, due to firm downsizing, not dissatisfaction]. I could not imagine my professional life without TW. It keeps me organized, saves a lot of time, and is easy to learn even for a technophobe such as myself. Whenever I have any problem at all -usually due to my own ignorance - it is solved by a TW team member quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Very rarely, the system goes down. I don't think it happens more than once or twice a year, and for very short periods. I do worry that-someday- it will go down on me when I absolutely must use it, such as for a court appearance or such.

Terry from Carey & Hamner, P. C.

Trialworks in a personal injury firm

We have used trialworks for a decade or so, and continue to be pleased. The system is easy to learn and saves a lot of time and money. Medical records can be requested and follow up maintained easily. Documents are created with templates in seconds. Calendaring works well with Microsoft products (outlook, Word). Negotiations are sped up with a calculator that allows you to quickly calculate the client's net and the attorney fees. Reports help you keep up to date as well as making sure your staff is doing what they are supposed to do. We would purchase again.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

would prefer being able to use colors on the tabs to make it easier to navigate with tired eyes!

Candace from Dale Law PLLC

Great Case Mgmt system for Solo Practitioner

I am a solo practitioner. I have 30 years of experience in the area of Plaintiff Personal Injury litigation. Trial Works gives me everything I need to streamline my handling of files from the initial case evaluation through trial. I can access all my client files through remote access from anywhere. I work from home, the lake cabin, and have even logged in from a ice house! It truly helps me be efficient and in touch with my practice.

Pros

My staff can get so much done by utilizing the forms I set up rather than reinventing the wheel every time. The Contacts section saves all of us time.

Michael from Maurer Law

Industry: Law Practice

Great Product & Excellent Customer Service!

Trial Works is a wonderful product, especially for a plaintiff's personal injury practice (though it can be used for any type of practice). It is feature rich, customizable, and powerful. We tried a number of different case management solutions before choosing Trial Works and are glad we did. The best part is the customer service. They are very responsive, US based, and always there with answers/help for any issue. I only have two wishes: 1. that the platform could be a bit easier on the eyes, and 2. re-organizing documents within files (moving around documents in the same tab) could be a bit easier. With that said, Trial Works is still user friendly, organized logically, and it is the closest thing to a perfect case management solution that I have seen.

Pros

powerful, feature rich, and customizable

Cons

could be a little easier on the eyes, organizing-rearranging documents within tabs could be easier

Marissa from Kelley Uustal

LOVE TrialWorks!

Pros

Cons

I do wish it were easier to email multiple documents internally at one time, rather then having to open each file to send it.

Response from TrialWorks

Replied August 2019

Marissa, thanks for your glowing review. In 2016, TrialWorks added the ability to attach documents to an email reply without having to individually copy and attach files. You have also had an option on the TrialWorks Home Ribbon to Email Multiple documents in a new email. Information on our Outlook add-in can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog

Powerful product if you have the time and resources to maintain it

Pros

TrialWorks is an extremely powerful database that can house and store all of your case information for ready access. The integrations between tabs to pre-populate information and cross-reference are very strong. The ability to work with documents, calendars, notes, emails, costs, etc. is very impressive.

Cons

Training is abysmal. Every "training" session was nothing more than a glorified sales pitch on the perceived high points of a certain feature. There wasn't much in the way of Q&A sessions, outside of calling support when you encounter an issue. Sometimes they were easy to reach and sometimes not so much. Considering the cost for their training, the bar should be much higher than it is.

Harry from Shevin Law Firm

Trial Works works

I find the system to be tailor made for my practice. All aspects of my firm's cases are accounted for. The service by TW is friendly, prompt and outstanding. Trial works allows my office to run smoothly and allows me to have the clients' files at my fingertips for Trial and everything else.

Pros

The ease of filing scanned documents

Cons

Need cell phone if contacts on 1st page without a second click

Petimat from Legal Support Systems

Industry: Law Enforcement

Office Manager

The most easiest program to run the office . The way it generates the reports and includes all necessary tools such as docket assignment, time keeping, calendar and much more . If there is any company out where looking for perfect program for their office believe me this is it !!! What a tech support in the minute they access to you computer and resolve any problem from simply stupid one to reinstalling the program if its necessary

Pros

Very easy to use

Cons

DON'T RECALL ANY

Mitchel from The Ashley Law Firm

overall an excellent program

Overall, it is a great program that really helps keep my practice moving. The customer support is excellent and they are always there when I need them.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to file emails.

Cons

The fact that I cannot get rid of some tabs. Also the pleadings tab and legal tab are not entirely correct in terms of what documents can be generated. I would also like an easier way to scan documents into the system.

Kenneth from Goldblatt & Associates P.C.

Applauding Trialworks Case Management

I have been using trialworks for almost 20 years. I believe I was one of the first of New York attorneys to use the product. It transformed the way our office has been able to manage our caseload. Additionally, the support is first rate in both its timeliness and effectiveness.

Pros

it is very user friendly and permits us to use add and use our own documents

Cons

i do not have a negative thing to say

Erin from Ogborn Mihm, LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Functional and simple, yet lacks advanced features

It is really user friendly and easy to navigate. The only drawback is the lack of a good solution for managing document intensive cases.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate, most people can find their way around with little assistance thanks to the "file cabinet" structure that most computer users are familiar with.

Cons

Biggest con is the lack of ability to link to document management software. Firms with large document cases need a more sophisticated method to manage their documents and the file cabinets in trialworks just are not robust enough to handle cases that have thousands upon thousands of documents. We left Trialworks for a different solution that links directly with Worldox.

Response from TrialWorks

Replied August 2019

Eryn, thank you for taking the time to review TrialWorks. Many of our firms have relied on the document management feature of TrialWorks, but we understand the desire to have integrated products when dealing with significant document cases. We have integrations with both Summation for ediscovery and iManage for document management. We will continue to evaluate additional document management integrations, and we hope you will take a look at our current product videos at www.trialworks.com/support.

Randy from Pelham Law Firm

TrialWorks Works

I've been using TrialWorks for approximately 10 years. I tried other legal software and found it either too limiting or not very user friendly. TrialWorks is extremely powerful and can be adapted to most types of law. It is extremely user friendly and took my staff no time in picking it up.

Pros

User friendly.

Cons

Some functions are not explained well in the manual and require a phone call to support.

Simone from Fulmer Group, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Couldn't get along without it!

I started a new law firm in 2014. Having never used a case management software tool, I was astounded by what Trialworks could do for us! Everyone at Trialworks has been helpful and attentive since Day One. I highly recommend to anyone who desires an organized, paperless office.

Pros

Organization and search capabilities.

Cons

It's a little "clunky" at first.

Denise from The Sachs Firm PC

Trialworks Does What It Needs to do

Overall it is a very good product. I would like to see a workflow with documents generated automatically attached to the workflow and I would like to see a way to have a document generate doctors names and dates of service and billing amount automatically. This would have to be done in the code and would greatly help personal injury firms do the medical specials letters/demands. There is no way to code the doctors information in a document at this time.

Pros

Cons

There is no workflow with attached documentation. There is no way to code doctors names and details in a document.

Felicia from Law Offices of Felicia B. Kaufman , P.A.

Excellent Functionalty and Software

I started using trialworks a little over two years ago. I tried many different trial software programs before I committed to trialworks . I have never regretted my decision. The ease of use as well as excellent customer service make this software an asset to my firm.

Pros

Ease of use and excellent organization.

Cons

None

Bill from Austill Lewis Pipkin & Maddox, PC

Trialworks Solved our Case Management Problems

We tried demos of 9 different case management software programs from 2000 to 2004 and finally found Trialworks. The team at Trialworks was very responsive to our needs and concerns. We started using Trialworks in June 2004 and have never looked back. Their team is responsive to suggestions for improvements and concerns about problems. We highly recommend Trialworks.

Claudia from Mcbreen & Kopko

A+ for Functionality

Overall a great experience with the software and customer service. User friendly and easily adaptable to meet the needs of any firm.

Pros

Ability to interface with multiple programs Easy to use Most fields can be customized to meet firm specific needs Templating options.

Cons

Bookmarking can be difficult

Karen from Louis P. Chiozza, Jr. and Associtates

TRIALWORKS is GREAT

We have been a customer of TRIALWORKS almost from the inception of this company. We have always received the best customer service and updated on a regular basis.

Pros

There are constantly changing to keep the system running smoothly with all the requirements changes within the internet.

Ginger from Gilreath & Associates, PLLC

Friendly

TrialWorks is great software but its best feature are the people. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. Their positive attitude is wonderful :)

Pros

ease of use

Erik from Law Office of Erik Grindal

Only one issue

I have had occasions where Trial Works was not functioning after 5:00 pm or on the weekends. These coverage for these types of problems are very slow.

Pros

Easy to use and reliable. I also like the up to date programs on the desk top

Cons

There are some features that would be helpful. One feature would be calculation of future worker comp benefits such as offered on Workerscomputation.com. Another problem is that when I get emails with a link to another page or document, the links don't work once the emails are taken out of outlook and saved to the file.

Easy to use and designed well

Overall we are all happy with TW.

Pros

Tons of options and tabs. There's a lot more you can do on TW than I even know about.

Cons

I wish some search and upload functions were easier.

Chris from Wyant Law Office, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Important part of my practice

I think Trialworks is a great case management software for personal injury firms. It really saves a lot of time and energy and is a great support for my practice.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, quick support

Cons

Hard to identify a con

Joan from Schiller, Kessler & Gomez, PLC

SKG review

Serves the purpose for our firm. The program does not allow users to delete certain categories and notes no longer needed. Further, it does not allow users to correct mistakes with File It.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Cannot delete categories

Tonia from Divergent Enterprises

Reliability is the key...

I am an independent contractor, and as such, it was difficult to switch from product to product to support the needs of my company's varied clientele. That's where TrialWorks stepped in and provided a solution, one which our clients have welcomed as compared to their previous onsite solutions. TrialWorks has provided solutions to over 90% of each client's need. The common request from each was to implement a program which provided reliability, as well as ease of use. Our investment in the hosted solution has thrilled our clients and made my job easier.

Pros

Reliability, ease of use and app

Cons

Customization limitations

Howard from StrongIn Rothman & Abrams, LLP.

Satisfied Customer

My firm has used TrialWorks since our founding 17 1/2 years ago. TrialWorks has been instrumental in our growth.

Pros

Relational database and ease of use.

Cons

Program "looks old." Not easy to modify.

Sharon from Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority

Excellent Case Management Tool

Our Legal Department uses TrialWorks to stay on top of our many litigation cases. I find TrialWorks a breeze to use in locating records pertaining to each case. Our paralegals are able to scan the records right into TrialWorks. As the Office Administrator, many times I have to search for cases and/or the attorneys assigned to the cases. TrialWorks makes the search easy as well as opening files and printing them, as needed.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Sometimes, I get lost trying to search for records. Purely, a need for training on my part.

If 8 bit is your thing, then try it

Pros

Multiple users can be working on the same file and it updates automatically.

Cons

It's nothing more than an electronic filing cabinet. You cannot work on documents within the software but rather must keep downloading and uploading.

Response from TrialWorks

Replied August 2019

TrialWorks helps to manage all aspects of your case from the granular details of case facts and deadlines to organizing your case files with our robust document management product. Document generation can be completed utilizing templates to pull the critical data entered about your client's case. TrialWorks utilizes Microsoft Word to create documents directly from a wide-range of tabs including correspondence, pleadings, depo and hearing notices to settlement statements. Using the document assembly feature, documents are linked to the appropriate case and tab automatically. Information on our document templates can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog.

Steven from Shaw Legal Solutions

Industry: Law Practice

Meh - Until I find something better.

I started using Trialworks at my former firm, and never really took to it. However, when I went out on my own I took my assistant with me, and it is the only practice management system she knows, so we kept it. I have, with little success, tried to warm up to the system. It is very unintuitive. Most of the fields are impossible to use or understand. The resources for training are sparse and hard to access. I have tried to find an alternative produce which my assistant would be willing to use and have yet to find it. I suppose, if one understands how to make the product work, it could be very helpful. But it is too stark and too difficult to simply see and use, and it has the appearance of something created for Windows 3.1.

Pros

My assistant is willing to rely on it.

Cons

Too difficult to use.

Christine from Law Practice

ease of use

My overrall expereince was a good one, it got the job done

Pros

It is very user friendly. It was very easy to learn and did not take much time for training. The help function was very well put together.

Cons

I did not like the way it generated invoices. The invoices were hard to view and understand, especially when going back to prior months.

September 2010

Kamp from Ferreri & Fogle

September 2010

Attorney

Our attorneys/secretary teams had become more efficient as a result of our use of TrialWorks.

Pros

In preparation for our recent equity shareholders meeting, we ran quarterly reports addressing billable hours and dollars generated. We noticed a sharp increase in both, approximately 15%, beginning the month that we implemented TrialWorks firm wide. This type of drastic increase in productivity was quite unusual as our growth has historically been gradual. Based upon this phenomenon, we investigated further and were able to isolate our use of TrialWorks as the main factor. Simply put, our attorneys/secretary teams had become more efficient. Less time was being spent dealing with non-billable situations as TrialWorks removed those obstacles preventing maximization of time.

Cons

We had issues with some of our customizations. They were addressed and delivered shortly after our initial implementation.

Amy from The Graham.Nuckolls.Conner Law Firm, PLLC

Great Start!

Customer support of TrialWorks has been excellent from the very start. I completed an online request for more information and within minutes.She was emailing me information and calling to set up a time to explore the software. She was very informative and had answers for every question we had. She wasn't pushy in any way but was very confident in the product and kept in touch over the next few months until a final decision was made. We are in the process of transition and haven't started using the product but we have been impressed thus far. Look forward to working with TrialWorks.

Pros

The flexibility and options to cater to your particular area of law.

Cons

I don't have any yet.

Laurence from Legal Industry

Industry: Law Practice

Unacceptable interruptions in service leaves us in crisis

Pros

Having all client data (theoretically) in one place

Cons

Unacceptable service interruptions that have now lasted an entire week, for software that is designed to be mission critical. For an attorney doing trial work or on the road this is a disaster waiting to happen. Their web hosting structure is apparently fragile, and we've had multiple interruptions. The latest is the last straw, as it's persisted for days. We essentially wasted a lot of staff time scanning and training for a system that we'll now have to replace.

A very cumbersome software that is not easily adaptable.

Pros

Real time updating from across multiple computers. It was nice to be able be on the phone with a customer and see updates from others in the office in real time.

Cons

Not very nimble to use. Have to constantly upload and download documents. It's basically an electronically filing cabinet but you still have to do all the labelling, tagging and sorting.

Lorin from Q Legal Services, LLC

AWESOME System

Pros

Great case management software with easy to navigate interface. Has all the bells and whistles that are mandatory for keeping track of, and executing your case effectively. Recently partnered with LawToolBox Court Deadlines, so now there is no reason to purchase multiple products, you can find everything you need in one place.

Cons

New update has helped a lot - not great for mass torts but I think they are working on it

Pros

I like that it has numerous features and many tabs. Once you get to know the software you can find lots of its uses.

Cons

It is not great for mass torts where you have multiple clients for one major litigation. It just isn't set up for that yet.

Response from TrialWorks

Replied August 2019

TrialWorks includes a Master / Child relationship to help manage mass tort cases by creating a Master MDL case and linking the individual client cases as Child links. With this configuration you can easily manage individual details of your client's criteria, review the overall state of the MDL, and create documents that are shared between the Child and Master. Information on our Master/Child Links can be found on our blog at www.trialworks.com/blog