Browse uLawPractice Reviews

Timothy from MTS Paralegal Services

Industry: Law Practice

I have used several law software programs in the last 10 years and I believe this one is the best and most comprehensive on the market.

Pros

When you have an issue and can’t figure it out, they have created YouTube Videos or you can email and they will contact you quickly to solve your issue.

Cons

I truly after using it for 2 years have not found any cons to mention.

LaSania from InTouch Legal Services

ULaw Practice is Intuitive, Inexpensive, and Simply Great for Legal Practice Management

My overall experience is that uLaw has many great features that will benefit Canadian legal practitioners whether you are a lawyer or paralegal. I would recommend it to my colleagues in the field. I just wish it could be enhanced a bit more.

Pros

ULaw is especially great for LSO compliance purposes. What I like most about uLaw are the checklist including compliance documents, templates for various matters including retainer agreements and final reporting letters, and most importantly court forms. It’s almost as if everything is already done for you. uLaw also has a great guide and YouTube channel that provides answers to many of our questions.

Cons

I would love if uLaw had a better task management system. I believe the to do list is the same but I’m not quite sure. The look of uLaw is also lacking. It is worth the price for a reason but I wish the look of it could be better. I also feel like the intake form should be a bit more detailed, maybe including an intake pipeline, and the client portal could be expanded.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

I chose uLawPractice because of the LSO compliance features.

Reasons for Switching to uLawPractice

uLaw is geared more for Canadian legal professionals is why I made the switch.

Damian from Williams Legal Services

Damian's review

Pretty good

Pros

The bookkeeping services and customer support

Cons

Needs more user friendly features and less steps to execute certain things

Affordability

Amanda from Tyler Benny Legal Services

Ease of use

Pros

We loved the switch to ULAW, it has made our lives and business run so much more smoothly

Cons

tracking of what courts the files are with

Reasons for Switching to uLawPractice

Quick Books is not user freindly for law services

Nana from Infordus Legal Services

Definitely Worth It!

I am very satisfied with ULaw and don't think I will venture to another software as Ulaw does everything I require to effectively run my practice.

Pros

I love everything about the software. It is easy to navigate and if you are unsure of where to locate certain things, their customer service support is excellent; even assisting after hours. The software has the capability to do more than what I most likely realize since I don't currently utilize all aspects of it but have no doubt that it provides every option one requires of an efficient legal practice management software.

Cons

Some of the precedent letters that were uploaded have grammatical and formatting errors that I find I have to format myself so that kind of takes away from the fact that the forms and letters should be ready for use but it's very minor.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

I chose Ulaw as the price was very reasonable and the software has more options than Clio does.

Elie from Labaky Law

Industry: Law Practice

Great product for beginners and experts

Pros

Great product for what you pay for. Technical support is always very friendly and help is immediate. There is a full YouTube channel with hundreds of videos to answer absolutely any question you have under the sun. Once you get familiar with it, the YouTube tutorials will save you.

Cons

Nothing really. The forms couldn't be customized at first but now they can, that was a big issue for me. Being able to upload and dow load my own forms.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the team gave a presentation at the CCLA library when I was a young lawyer. They were kind and gave a human face to your business compared to the sharks out there who just want big money from lawyers. Truth is, lawyers don't make a lot of money. Running our practice is very expensive. We're often not left with much.

Ian from Ian McCuaig, Barrister and Solicitor

Complete practice managment

This has been the easiest way I have found to manage my pracitce.

Pros

uLaw is quick to learn and leads you step by step through practice management.

Cons

My least favourite thing about uLaw is that the calendar takes a little time to load.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

The price is great and it does everything I need.

Reasons for Switching to uLawPractice

Clio was only half a solution and twice as expensive.

Jessica from Ducharme Law

Use Friendly

So far this software seems to be extremely beneficial. For the most part it's saving me time and making my job that much easier.

Pros

I like that this software is extremely user friendly.

Cons

It's almost too easy to use. I tend to keep trying to make things more complicated than they are which is taking up more time. But this has more to do with being used to previous software than a problem with THIS software.

Reasons for Switching to uLawPractice

My employer made the switch as our version of PCLaw was so corrupt we couldn't rely on the data it was producing.

Response from Superfluid Software

Replied January 2020

Thank you for such a sweet and kind feedback

Robert from Prevail Paralegal Services

Highly Recommended Software for Legal Services

This is a great program and comes with excellent service due to the hard work and responsive staff that are behind the software and its functionality. I can email them with any questions and they personally respond in a timely manner, with a personal answer to my questions.

Pros

This program is very easy to use and is compliant with all of the requirements held by the Law Society of Ontario. The program is built for legal professionals, and contemplates the needs of the legal services industry that wouldn't have been considered by other generic programs. Everything I need for case management, accounting, billing, and client management are integrated into this single program and it is extremely useful. The amount of time I save using uLaw is incredible. The more time I have to spend on files, the more revenue my firm can produce. This program pays for itself. The staff are also incredibly responsive and hospitable. They reply to your concerns directly, and have one-on-one training sessions where they walk you through every facet of the program. That makes it a very reliable service and a program I would highly recommend.

Cons

The Calendar is useful but could be expanded to actively notify me of upcoming deadlines. At present, you need to check it daily to see what is coming up, but overall, that isn't a big deal. There are plenty of affordable programs that only do that one thing, to complement everything else that is offered by uLaw.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

The price was better and they offer trust accounting features that are compliant with my regulatory body.

ROSA from Careri Paralegal Services

Ulaw is a lifesaver

The customer service has a great team and are always there and willing to assist.

Pros

I don't like the product ..I love Ulaw. It is so easy to use and there are so many options if I did have any issues and is affordable. Billing/invoicing and tracking expenses has never been so easy. There response time is impeccable, not only to they respond with an answer they will send you a link to watch a video to guide you. The Ulaw set up is so affordable and a life saver. They will be there for you. Their bookkeeping services are great!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Peter from Rodgers Paralegal Services

Very positive. It has many useful features and customer support is always ready to help.

It helps me with my tracking of clients and allows to track the progress of a case. Also it helps me keep track of upcoming dates, invoicing and contact information. I rely heavily on ulaw for all of this information and it has been a tremendous help. I like how it gave me all the information I needed for the auditor. The dashboard feature is helpful and quick view which helps give me reminders on what's coming up. I am able to produce invoices for clients that not only show the time and dates, but enter what I was doing during the time. I was complimented by the law society of upper Canada auditor for that, which is a team effort by ulaw staff and I. I would very much recommend it to a colleague and find it a fun system and quite user friendly. I cannot say enough about the support staff who are always there. I work odd hours and it's vital having what seems to be round the clock support if I run into a jam.

Pros

Easy invoicing and the statements of activity that help me keep track of a file's progress. I find that this enables to keep track of a case and who owes me money. I also like that it breaks down where I am spending the most time on each case and my contact with any particular client. Overall, very good. I also like the option of the free webinars, which help me save money. That is vital for a small business and sole owner.

Cons

Some of the features are a little confusing, but you get used to them. And again customer support is always there to help. And although I like the option of the webinars I feel that sometimes the instructors jump around and talk too fast. I am hard of hearing and sometimes find it hard to follow when they do so. I would also like a little more flexibility when it comes to the retainer. I do not operate a trust account for example, a retainer reflecting that would be helpful. All minor issues and 1 more, just to keep an eye on the typos which tend to come up. A lawyer or a paralegal sending out such letters may be viewed as incompetent.

Rachel from Sachs Law

An affordable and highly functional alternative to Clio and Cosmolex

The bookkeeping functionalities make sense to me with ulaw. It saves me a lot of time. This was a major influence for me in getting the software, but I really like how dynamic it is and how easy to update or add additional categories. It's very customizable.

Pros

No other product has as phenomenal a support team as ulaw. You can email a question and get an immediate response or a callback. There is a library of videos going through all the functionalities step by step. It's a great all-in-one product. The team is dedicated and they regularly go over and above to make the experience fabulous. It is highly functional as bookkeeping and record keeping software. My bookkeeper also likes it.

Cons

There are some windows I never open. I don't use the calendar at all. It doesn't integrate with office365 or my booking software or my phones. I wish it was a little more like Matter365 in terms of practicemanagement. The learning curve is steep. There is still a lot I don't know how to do. I wish the billing templates were more editable. I wish you could minimize the top bar with the matter details when inputting dockets and disbursements, particularly as most of us do a lot of work on laptops; it's hard to see. I wish the mobile version had greater functionality and did not log me out all the time.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

Cost, all-in-one capabilities, great trial period with tons of support. It's a Canadian owned and run company. They are great though I would love to see some more integrations.

Vicky-Lynne from Shankar Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Perfect for Trust Accounting!

Ulaw has proven to be a powerful tool for our office. It simplifies Trust Accounting and thus makes our office audit ready thanks to the many reports that are available. Customer support is key and there is always someone ready to assist with concerns. If a modification is suggested to the support team, they absolutely consider what is being suggested and do their best to implement such. There are a couple of minor drawbacks but overall this is a good product.

Pros

Ulaw has proven to be an effective tool for our Trust Accounting. Once the Trust Bank Reconciliation is complete, Ulaw automatically compares it to my Client Trust Ledger to ensure I am Law Society Compliant. It provides our office with all of the documents and reports required for a Law Society Audit with a few simple clicks. The other great benefit is that it is cloud based so staff can work from anywhere, anytime.

Cons

Our practice has had issues with the speed of the program, however, some of that falls on the type of devices being used. We have also had several minor issues with the program itself. The great thing is, once these issues are brought to the attention of support...they try their best to make changes to improve the program.

Ian from Ian G. Wilkinson B.A., LL.b. Senior Litigation Paralegal

ULaw - A cost-effective Canadian practice management software that gets the job done.

I have been in private practice as a paralegal since 1992 but have only been using ULaw for the last four years. For years I had used QuickBooks but it was the document generation feature in ULaw that first caught my attention. This was not something I could find in any other practice management software at that price point. This feature alone has saved me enough time in legal document production to make it more than worth the price. Originally only Small Claims Court documents were available but they have been introducing new areas on a regular basis. It is clear that the ULaw team works hard to make their product better. I have occasionally considered other practice management software but every time I have ULaw has introduced a new feature that keeps me onboard. These include features like the Dashboard, Quick View, Analytics & even Calendar & Document Vault sync, to name a few. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with the new features. Perhaps most importantly, ULaw is structured to enable compliance with the Law Society requirements as outlined in the LSUC rules of practice. From the client intake documents to the required financial reporting, ULaw does this 'in the background' so to speak so that any practitioner can focus on the actual work instead of being bogged down in regulation compliance. It should be made clear however that ULaw is a database 'program' and so not as intuitive as some of the spreadsheet-based programs. Also, errors cannot be simply deleted but additional correcting entries are required. That is the nature of a database. A further area of potential improvement is that while it is now possible to launch an email from a Contact in ULaw the software doesn't keep track of client emails like it does for documents. Overall perhaps the best feature of ULaw is not the software itself but the team behind the product. I have found their service team to be quick to respond and their development team repeatedly reaches out to their clients for ideas and feedback. No software is perfect or does everything you might want but dollar for dollar I consider ULaw to really punch above its weight class. I would recommend this for any paralegal office and indeed it is the software that I use for my private practice and my partnerships.

Mark from STOUTE LEGAL SERVICES

Efficient, Intuitive, Essential!

Simplified compliance reporting, Simplified billing, Simplified form printing, Simplified contact management and file management, Simplified accounting, Simplified business as a whole :)

Pros

uLaw Practice saves so much time that it pays for itself. By simply inputting the most basic, day-to-day transactions into it, uLaw not only calculates everything you need to ensure all of your accounts are balancing, but it also prepares every compliance document you'll ever need in case you're ever audited by your respective Law Society (e.g. fee books, trust reconciliations, etc.). I don't know how anyone would be able to survive an audit without uLaw. It's also highly customizable allowing you to upload your own logos and letterhead to be printed automatically on your forms.

Cons

The only "con" I can think of for this software would be that I didn't sign up for it sooner! I recommend it to every legal professional practicing.

Anar from Dewshi Law

Ulaw is easy to use, affordable and has excellent customer service.

Makes it very easy to create client files and comply with trust/general account compliance.

Pros

The ulaw software makes it very easy to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct (Law Society of Ontario) especially with Knowing your Client requirements. Ulaw allows you to generate an initial conflict check form and client identification/verification form. I recently went through the LSO Practice Management Audit, and the LSO was very impressed with Ulaw's Inital Conflict Check form because it allowed the form includes the steps the lawyer undertook to perform the conflict checks.

Cons

If you make a accounting error it is hard to rectify it if you don't understand how the software works or accounting principles.

Mark from STOUTE LEGAL SERVICES

Highly Recommend uLaw

- the best solution I've used (it's simple, yet robust) - the user support is amazing - online videos are extremely helpful

Pros

- web-based application (no upgrades) - integration with various cloud storage solutions (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) - easy customization capability - BI capability - simplifies compliance reports for licensee bylaws

Cons

- could be expanded to generate data required for TAX filing for proprietors, partnerships, and corporations - it would be worth it as a possible premium package feature

Reasons for Switching to uLawPractice

Had to use another solution while I was in school, and again when I was doing my internship. I signed up for uLaw's 30-day trial and fell in love with it.

Lori Anne from Thomas Defence

Great web-based alternative to PC Law!

Able to work on my files and accounting from anywhere.

Pros

I like that it is web-based. It combines all of the functions needed for a law firm practice, including criminal and family. I like the function that allows me to import my banking information. It is helpful to switch between client matters and accounting. The customer service is extremely responsive and you don't have to pay extra for their support. They have altered areas that need improvement.

Cons

I wish it had more functionality with iPhones. It would be helpful to automatically allow update of monthly expenses (parking). Entering in expenses is some cumbersome, but detailed. Cannot delete default items (such as tenant or contract legal work) or contacts or matters that were entered in error. Makes it cluttered and annoying to search.

Martin from MDC Paralegal

Improving the business of a legal practice

I have been able to create amazing, time saving templates that automatically populate. I have also made great use of the incredible customer service that makes you feel like you are their most important client.

Pros

I am a new Paralegal and I work from home in my own practice. I needed software that kept me compliant with LSO requirements, of which there are many. I also needed a tickler system and an accounting system and uLawPractice was the whole ball of wax rolled into one at an affordable price. Starting a new firm is difficult and challenging. This program took a big weight off my shoulders. Customer service is the best I have ever had as well.

Cons

I found the accounting portion of the program has the largest learning curve due to my inexperience with accounting. I found many of the screens descriptions less than helpful and was left wondering why they weren't worded for those that aren't accountants.

Prem from Prem Narayan, Licensed Paralegal

Daily Bread for me.

Pros

The customer support I get 24x7 and the very courteous support staff. It's only a question of getting used to the software and that leads to knowing where to book what and finding each tab. I think this is a boon for a Paralegal like me as I enjoy using both the desktop version and the mobile app. very much. The convenience uLaw gives me is something one has to use and experience. Not to forget the weekly webinars they provide that also doubles up as CPD hours. Now they have also started providing accounting help too. Definitely recommend!

Cons

Some of the forms need to be updated. Size of fonts when we open calendar.

Ram from Shankar Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use; versatile and importantly, mobile. I have been using this for almost 18 months now.

I use it all the time for my work... from office, at court and at home.

Pros

Excellent feedback and help when requested. Easy to use for a non-technical person like me. Easily navigable; well presented; easy to enter data and information. Importantly, being mobile, I can use it anywhere on the go. I am not rooted to a main office.

Cons

Nothing really. I looked for a mobile platform when purchasing an accounting program for lawyers and I was scared of getting stuck with the generally traditionally large software programs in a set office. I found u law and have recommended it to many colleagues without hesitation.

Carolina from Brukson Law

Extremely happy with Ulaw!

I am very happy with this software. The support team is great and very helpful. They are usually available to assist me by phone if I need it and have always responded well to my feedback. I asked that a few changes be made in order to satisfy the requirements of the Law Society after a spot audit and they took action right away and made me feel much more at ease!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to navigate the software and that it follows all of the law society bookkeeping guidelines. I also really enjoy that it is web based and that I can access the software from anywhere.

Cons

Sometime it is slow. Other than that there are no issues.

Amanda from Magna Carta Legal Services

Absolutely Necessary for All Legal Practitioners

Amazing. Have been using it for years and highly recommend it. I have used PCLaw and Clio in the past and ULaw is the best cloud based software to manage client files and bookkeeping all in one.

Pros

It is LSO complaint and easy to use. I love that I do not need a bookkeeper and can view my business on a regular basis through Ulaw insights.

Cons

Error messages occurring after trying to save dockets.

April from April J Bollers Legal Services

Good starter software

The overall experience is fair.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it's an "all-in-one" product. Most of the base tools required to run a successful legal firm are in this software - no need to get separate accounting or document generation programs.

Cons

Using this software isn't exactly simple and intuitive. Despite having used this software for many years, I still have to consult help resources to perform some tasks, which wastes time.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

I choose this software over others because everything is one place and I don't have to manage or maintain multiple memberships and programs. This is truly an all-service product.

Adrienne from Open LLP

Using uLaw for the past 2 years

Pros

Takes away the headache and pain of LSO compliance; deals with both practice management and accounting all in one platform for a fantastic price.

Cons

The user interface is not the most intuitive or user-friendly. However, whenever I can't figure out how to do something, customer service is always extremely responsive and all the ball.

Jelena from Rashid Urosevic LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent bookkeeping and accounting software

Our firm has been using uLaw for almost 2 years and we could not be happier. We use it for invoicing and bookkeeping. We recently had a Law Society audit, which went really well thanks to uLaw records

Pros

Software is easy to use for client contacts, docketing, invoicing and bookkeeping. It is compliant with the requirements of the Law Society of Ontario, which is very helpful.

Cons

Invoices and receipts can be personalized with firm logo, but the quality of the banner is poor. It would be better if the banners could be improved

Leonard from Leonard Howell Legal Services

Unbelievably good software package!

New Paralegals, lawyers, this software is powerful enough to keep you on track at a reasonable cost. Overall, I'd have to say it's the best software package I have ever invested in.

Pros

It makes my life so much easier. Fully compliant with Law Society of Ontario Rules. Great features, amazing matter management. Full accounting. I like everything about this product. And here's the absolute best thing about the product....THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BEYOND AMAZING! You want a quick response...you want your problem solved or question answered - send an email and watch how fast you get a response! I've emailed at night, weekends, you name it and I always get a quick reply.

Cons

Taking a while to get to know all the features because there are SO MANY. Not really a Con but the closest thing to one.

Brett from Lockwood Paralegal Firm

ULaw user for many years, satisfied customer

Pros

We use this software daily to ensure our clients are taken care of. Ease of use and cloud-based platform are important to us. ULaw checks off those boxes.

Cons

Finicky at some times, certain parts are cumbersome and therefore not used.

Sina from Hariri Law

uLaw makes Lawyering Easy, so u Have More Time for Lawyering

uLawPractice is an online practice management software that enables sole practitioners and small law firms to more effectively manage their practice from anywhere at any time. It securely integrates all silos of practice management into a unified interface that can be securely accessed from any browser and mobile devices. Practitioners like me can quickly manage their clients, record time, actions, notes, future events, disbursements and trust account in a matter-centric interface. This cloud based practice management solution provides faster access to information, manages client matters and documents with ease, and it can generate invoices and documents in 1-click in full conformance to LSUC bookkeeping guidelines. uLawPractice can dramatically cut administrative overhead at month-end, thus creating more billable time. A cloud based practice management software like uLawPractice makes my life simple in managing clients, files, and practice management aspects of my practice. uLaw provides me with all the tools I need for my daily practice at a very affordable price. Pros -easy time docketing, disbursement recording -automatic generation of the most common legal forms (and compliance with Law Society standards/requirements) -EXCELLENT customer service -perfect for determining income, expenses, for tax season -accessible on any browser -very affordable Cons -needs an internet connection (but that's the whole point of cloud software)

Sourena from Gambriani Law

Efficient Software

I like it.

Pros

It helps with the day to day practice. I also reapply appreciate the quick email support which is great!

Cons

Some of the features seems to be irreversible, which makes error correction difficult and sometimes impossible.

Dwayne from Legaleze Paralegal

Overall Product Quality

I just want to say, your product is amazing! I just completed my full practice audit by the Law Society and it was very helpful in it's ability to bring up the required documents on request and completed fully to their standard. The ease in which it does this was extremely helpful and saved the associated stress that goes with having to have all compliance documents at hand. I don't think I could have done it without your product. Without a doubt it is the best value for money spent in my practice. Thank you. Dwayne Huxted Legaleze Paralegal

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

A little clunky

Wendy from Horizon Legal Services PC

Helpful software

It's a great software and helpful for our practice.

Pros

Ulaw portal provide accessable portal to docket our time, generate forms, and manage our accounting document, which is convinient and efficient.

Cons

The only issue I don't use the accounting part is that I can't mitigate the previous record into the system.

Andres from Andres Abogado Barrister & Solicitor

Highly recommended

I was audited by the Law Society a couple of weeks ago. They were impressed bout the functionality of the software and they even went on saying that with the features of ULaw I will not need to hire a bookkeeper, which will help me to save a lot of money. ULaw has helped me to comply with the Law Society Rules in a cheap and efficient way without the need of outsourcing work to third parties.

Pros

It is cheap and intuitive, designed to comply with the Law Society Rules

Cons

Sometimes it takes a lot to load the page, and some features are confusing

Nermine from KodeLaw

Life Saver!

If you do not have an accounting background, it can take a little time to understand it. However, once you understand it, it is intuitive, and there is plenty of support to assist you along the way.

Pros

When I opened my practice, I did A LOT of research about software. I wanted software that would not only support client management, but also something to manage the accounting side of things. Lastly, I wanted to find something that was on the cloud so that I can access the software from any computer and from any location and not worry about computer crashes and the possibility of losing any information. This was the only software that met every one of those needs. The best thing of all is that they know the law society rules for compliance and have made it extraordinarily simply to live up to those rules. I am not worried about LSUC audits.

Rachel from Clayton Law Professional Corporation

Ulaw

They have been very reactive and very helpful when we needed assistance.

Pros

Ease of use. Internet based data accessible anywhere

Cons

The billable / trust info on the MATTER screen is confusing. (However, they have improved that by adding the Trust button). The set up of accounts can be confusing to clients.

Shellie from Shellie Addley Barrister and Solicitor

Ulaw review

It has been very positive

Pros

The case management integration with accounting.

Cons

I make mistakes and they are not always the easiest to fix.

Reasons for Choosing uLawPractice

Because the software, for a sole practitioner, gave me the ability to manage accounting and client files.

Karim from KB Legal Services

uLaw Practice management software

There are many features that comes with the software (some of them I haven't even used yet) and it makes it easy to navigate the basics.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to log in from anywhere.

Cons

No app for iphone

Winnie from Winnie J Luk Professional Corporation

August 2016

Produces LSUC Spot Audit Reports and Client Compliance Docs!

It is the best compliant product out there for a new sole practitioner on a budget. The spot audit reports are in the same format as illustrated in LSUC guidelines. Compliance documents are handsome - the invoices have themes to choose from! All reports / documents are produced with minimal clicks - very little manual entry and no more cutting / pasting.

Pros

Saves time. Reports/documents are attractive.

Cons

Software needs to be streamlined for real estate files (ie, auto-input list of standard fees/disbursements). Many sole practitioners practice real estate for low fees. Administration/compliance/banking requirements on real estate files are very laborious.

Winnie from Winnie J Luk, Lawyer & Notary Public

Industry: Law Practice

I love uLaw and the team there knows that! uLaw has my back on LSUC requirements!

Pros

Saves time and money and the uLaw team! uLaw is a compliance focused software that helps ensures our practice management and bookkeeping LSUC required documentation are in place. There are added features to track firm analytics.

Teresa from To Your Defence Paralegal Services

Outstanding

At anytime, if I am stuck or having difficulty, Ulaw is an immediate phone call away. I always receive fast and effective service. In addition, when I was preparing for my practice review, I received valuable feedback and knowledgable quidance for Forms to prepare and print.

Pros

Easy to navigate

Fadi from AOUDI LEGAL SERVICES

Customer Support are very knowledgeable and helpful

I appreciate the support I received when I had some issues with ulaw, they are very knowledgeable and solves my issues within couple hours

Pros

Once you know its features, it becomes very easy to understand and use.

Cons

It is not easy to delete transactions or change amounts if matter was invoiced even if a mistake occurred

Tina from Lee Workplace Law

Support to help ease my learning curse was phenomenal, and the software is user friendly. Excellent.

Pros

It is user friendly, support is great, easy to use and track even for someone with virtually no accounting or bookkeeping background. As a principal lawyer of my law firm, I can do bookkeeping myself, or train my assistant to do it, easily.

Cons

Can't enter time via mobile app as yet, and the mobile app is volatile. However, most of my entries are done with other documents so I'm usually on a computer anyway.

Response from Superfluid Software

Replied September 2018

We now have your con addressed Mobile app can now import time even from a phone call in Android. Please see these features https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8unY9zStJ-yzx4zyZ_1-q8RkXBZ6SKNP or https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8unY9zStJ-w7nbe0pOeVq16qCThwBzzC

Chris from Chris Sewrattan, Criminal Lawyer

I am very happy. They get the job done in a cost effective and professional manner.

Savings

Pros

Customer service is excellent and very friendly. The cost cannot be beat. And the cloud based nature of the software makes it easy to use over many platforms.

Cons

The interface is not MS Office quality in terms of appearance. It doesn't affect the functionality, however.

Stefan from Law Firm

uLaw

My overall experience with uLaw has been terrific.

Pros

The best part about the software is the customer support. The support team usually responds the same day to a request for help. They usually send very helpful videos in response to your request for help. Also, when necessary, they assist you over the phone and talk you through your problem.

Cons

I would recommend changing how dockets are displayed when an invoice is created or a report is created. It should have the start time and end time. Currently, it just has the start time and the duration of the docket.

David from David Gray Law Office

April 2016

uLaw saves me crucial time in vital record-keeping and accurate invoice generation.

uLaw is a cost-efficient alternative to other systems that is compliant with Law Society By-Laws and is a solution that provides all of the functionality I need. It is also mobile. I have immediately saved on comparative software subscription fees. All accounting and invoicing software should save time, but the relative simplicity of uLaw and its product support team have made my using it a quick-start and a continuing pleasure to use Features of uLaw such as automatic receipt generation, speedy and simple invoicing, as wel l as court form generations, are good examples of that. uLaw also allows me to export data in spreadsheet form, which I can then process to update other required ledgers. In my experience and through my research, I have not found a better product for the price. Additional ly, uLaw' s development team is consistently willing to upgrade and does upgrade the product in line with Law Society requirements, emerging business trends and with best business practice in mind.

July 2016

Mark from Mark Greco Professional Corporation

July 2016

I'm happy I went with ULaw

From the start, ULaw has been a good program to work with. It may not be quite as user friendly as the ads would suggest, but the customer support is really good.

Pros

It is great to manage the accounting end of the business.

Cons

Some of the forms do not populate as well as they should, are incomplete, or do not allow for adjustments. I wish I could upload my own letter templates, which would speed my work up significantly.

Lori from Gemini Legal Services

I love working with, ULaw, it makes the financial portion of my practice and tracking matters easy!

Pros

Customer Service and the adaptability of the software to work in a variety of circumstances, a variety of reports, ease of use, and user help readily available.

Cons

Sometimes I find it slow, however that could also be my computer. I do not have any other cons to report.

peter from BALATIDIS LEGAL SERVICES

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

terrible support system in place.

Pros

none - terrible customer service, I do not recommend

Cons

The customer service is terrible. the staff will give you every answer except for the one you need

Brad from Brad Celsie Paralegal Services

Very good software

It has been good

Pros

Easy to use, has many different uses.

Cons

At times, certain aspects and components can be hard to find. Also I had to make my assistants rate at zero to show on the bills that work had been done that had not been charged for. The invoices could be shortened in length.

Price

Response from Superfluid Software

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review and feedback

Tigran from Lynxs Paralegals

Underdeveloped

I had to re-commence 2 complete files due to a mistake on one invoice , it was frustrating and a waste of my time.

Pros

It is tailored for Canadian practitioners and needs no customization.

Cons

Basic functions such as invoice corrections are unavailable a so any mistakes that are made CANNOT be corrected. Their support team is not really responsive, and the instructions don’t work.

Reasons for Switching to uLawPractice

MyCase had no accounting capacity what so ever.