Freshchat Software Reviews

Freshchat Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

• icon"I love how easy the dashboard was and how easy it was to set up on my wordpress website. The chat was also very clean, very easy to use multiple members of my team."
  • icon"The setup was so simple and the integration onto the website is quick. The training is self explanatory as the interface is user friendly."
  • icon"It appears to have robust features and they attempt to offer cutting edge technologies."
  • icon"Should not have to re-enter all of the information we already put into freshdesk. This is very time consuming and confusing."
  • icon"However, occasionally, the human sales associates aren’t knowledgeable, tired of answering questions, therefore rude and careless or have to ask another associate."
  • icon"Their tech support admitted almost all of the errors but they never get back to us. I also asked if I could cancel it but they told me no because I made a one year commitment."

Browse all Freshchat Reviews

• Have you used Freshchat and would like to share your experience with others?

Don

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Freshchat is like a dashcam for your business

Chetan

Freshchat is the Great Customer Support Software

It was a good experience, but we always wanted an amazing experience.

Pros

Freshchat is the nice customer support software to help customers with immediate response.

Cons

It's not full functioned, according to me, and have the higher prices as compare to deliverability.

Reasons for choosing Freshchat

It was a better tool as comparison from others in my alternative list during the time of purchase.

Yann

Industry: Online Media

A solid tool to provide top-notch customer support through live chat

Freshchat has been a solid option to allow website visitors and users to ask questions and for me to interact with them, provide them with answers or point them toward a specific web page or resource.

Pros

The two things that really stood out for me are Freshchat's overall design and user interface and the ability to manage live chat conversations from either a computer or mobile device. The latter aspect is something one would expect from most live chat tools but I think that still isn't the case...

Cons

The one thing I didn't like much about Freshchat had to do with the smartphone app. I had two separate live chat widgets (each on a separate site) and in order to keep track of both, I had to log in and out from the app to access the interface related to the specific live chat. This aspect may not be an issue with some of the Freshchat plans but I found it not ideal since other tools I have used would make it possible to manage live chats embedded on different sites straight from just one dashboard.

Reasons for choosing Freshchat

Because I had used another tool by Freshworks in the past and because of Freshchat overall presentation (features, design, etc.)

Karan

November 2022

User-friendly interface & pricing structure

Easy to manage tool that optimizes customer interaction, an incredible tool to have for a lean team. Much better than their competitors with respect to user interface, pricing, and customer support!

Pros

We could set it up easily since we had a few Freshworks' products integrated. The pre-built templates setup for the chatbot help in answering most of the common queries, making human interference minimal.The dashboards are intuitive, helping us understand the functioning and areas of improvement. This helps us communicate with a potential prospect as and when they have a query.

Cons

Although the existing integrations help, I would love to see some more features added that can help us increase collaboration with teams. The mobile experience is not as smooth as what their competitors offer.

Darien

Freshchat is a quality chat application with a confusing backend UI and an impossible login system

Freshchat is a quality chat program that can be difficult to setup and lacks the design quality of other competing brands

Pros

Once I managed to create an account, Freshchat was easy enough to setup and offered a lot of customizable features as well as the ability to add up to 10 users - all for free - which made it a useful application for our non-profit. Their API was also very well documented, allowing for custom code to be run to allow for certain things like triggering the chat via URL redirect, all of which was beneficial for a season.

Cons

The initial setup of freshchat - namely creating an account - was nigh impossible, and extremely confusing. Freshchat offers deep integrations with Freshworks suite of products, but for someone not looking to use their other products, it became a nightmare to start. Creating an account meant creating an account with Freshdesk and a couple other products of theirs, then it only would let me login to the admin panel of my overall Freshworks account (which doesn't allow for access to Freshchat), and then when I finally found the correct login page for Freshchat, their gmail login system would consistently fail and lock me out. In initial setup, I probably spent numerous hours trying to create a freshchat account, and ended up with two or three different accounts - most of which I abandoned because they wouldn't allow me to remove the extra Freshworks products I did not want. As well, basic features such as chatbots & email responses to chats were all locked behind a paywall - with a trial that failed to explain their use - and a customer service team that barraged me with numerous phone calls & emails asking me to upgrade from their free tier, even after I said I wasn't interested. Lastly, and perhaps this is user error, but freshchat failed to generate any sort of leads on our website; apart from occasional use, no one used the chat features - which changed the second we switched providers

Reasons for switching to Freshchat

Drift caused significant load-time issues with our website (1.3s) and their backend UI was extremely difficult to manage

Sushant

September 2022

Excellent tool to provide superior customer experience

Overall, Freshchat is a great tool for the customer support team. It easily gets integrated with most of the tools. We have used the integration of Freshchat & Freshdesk to manage live chat and tickets.

Pros

We were using Freshchat for managing customer support queries for a delivery business. I liked the ability of Freshchat to manage agents at scale with very good visibility for managers with tracking and reporting. The dashboard has all the options for viewing agents' performance and quality over time. We also used Facebook and Whatsapp integration to put chats of all channels into one place. This helped in improving the productivity of our team.

Cons

I liked all the features apart from chatbots. I found the chatbot very expensive considering the volume of our chats.

Seth

Clean, Professional and Simple Set-up

I loved the overall chat features. The dashboard and app are very clean. The only reason I switched was due to price.

Pros

I love how easy the dashboard was and how easy it was to set up on my wordpress website. The chat was also very clean, very easy to use multiple members of my team. The app on my phone made it simple to chat with visitors on my website from my phone.

Cons

While I started off with a free version, the paid version was a little too expensive for what I wished to use. I found a cheaper alternative.

Reasons for choosing Freshchat

I originally chose freshchat because it was less expensive than the other products.

Rameez

Great for front end customer service

I love Freshcaht! It's made customer engagement so much more pleasant for our company as our target audience are not exactly tech-savvy people. This simple and easy to use chatbot is simply a blessing .

Pros

I love the chat bot. This is being seen more and more on various websites with huge traffic and Freshchat does it so well. The fact that the bot interacts with you until such a point where it decides that it can no longer assist and only then pushes you through to a human. This is amazing because it allows you to customise so many outcomes.

Cons

The bot is a bit laggy at times and irresponsive. This, however, is not a major issue as it resolves itself after about a minute. There are times when a comm will be sent via the bot but no response will come through for about a minute.

Reasons for choosing Freshchat

We purchased licences for Freshdesk and naturally wanted to try out Freshchat as well.

Lecy

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

February 2022

Didn't Stick with Freshdesk Messaging

Overall I had a poor experience with Fresdesk Messaging. I would honestly not recommend it to others based on my short experience. Again, we only used it for a trial run but all of my team members were fine to move on to the next option.

Pros

I was excited at the prospect of using Freshdesk. My company was looking to re-instate live chat on our site and wanted an app with a smaller footprint.

Cons

None of us could get the notifications to work. We had multiple people looking into it and it wouldn't work. It also felt overly complicated and not super user friendly. We tried a couple of bots during our trial period and they did not function how we indented.

Reasons for switching to Freshchat

We wanted something with a smaller footprint.

September 2022

A nice chat tool for your website, but could be better. Better when bought with the suite

Pros

A great range of integrations available for the third party applications. Full of features like creating workflow bot, triaging chats accordingly, reporting, labelling etc.

Cons

Setup of logical functions isn't that easy and needs a lot of iterations and help. Not easy to setup. But then this is needed for advanced usage of the tool which not everyone would require.

Reasons for switching to Freshchat

Because we needed an omnichannel setup.

Miguel

November 2022

Fresh chat good chat

Is good but change to Chatwoot because freschat is more expensive

Pros

Easy to deploy and integration to website.

Cons

Need more integration directly to the chat example with messenger whatapp and other tool.

June

Freshchat support is BAD , UNRESPONSIVE,

0 for support good for software

Cons

Being the Chatting / ticketing company, i have to say their support is really bad after being in touch with them for 6 days ( everyday 2 emails) my billing issue remain unresolved - they said i have not paid $0.23 , and even i paid for full subscription fees at $38, because there is a charging issue ( the payment gateway they use cannot charge anything lesser than $0.5) and i have been emailing them at least 10 emails to resolve this issue, they just keep on looping us to different department, and did not resolve this, and did not reply. and thus, they deactivate our accoutn just because it is $0.23 and their failture in replying my 10 emails in requesting this issue to be resolved. I am very very very disappointed with thte support system, i felt like there is no support at all, but a team of support who loves to pass ticket all over the organization without resolving a tiny problem for their clients. you will spend a lot of time with the support not because of the software not great but because they love to loop u differently to different departmetn without getitng a problem solved.

June 2022

Inexpensive chat bot for website

I have been using is for more than 2 yesrs now and i like it as it's totally worth of it's price.

Pros

This is an inexpensive chatbot and has campaign feature which i use very often on my website

Cons

It's not very customisable and does not have features like lead generation.

It's less expensive

Don

Industry: Writing and Editing

Freshchat is like a dashcam for your business

Love FreshChat. I think it seriously is like having a portal into your users desktop and they are actively on my pages. TOP TIP - dont set it up on homepage, set it up on inner pages of your site.

Pros

I love that it alerts me when someone wants to chat. They are on my site - have read my copy and want to engage with me before potentially leaving my site.

Cons

I think some browsers do have features that block some users. Also...I am not 100% on this but i have had bots or other web crawlers write messages and engage with the chat features. Its not a huge hassle, just a bug sometimes.

Reasons for choosing Freshchat

I wanted live chat not Q&A.

Shikhil

A refreshing new product in chat industry but limited features!

- Great interface for end customers - Limited features, but done right - Free trial available with full features to test - Great customer support - The backend dashboard UI is good

Pros

Just like any other Freshdesk product, Freshchat is a refreshing new addition. We gave it a spin for few days as the free trial is a full feature one. The backend dashboard is very easy to use and you can customize the chat widget. The chat widget UI is clean and attractive. Overall, the limited features that it offers are done right.

Cons

Limited number of features. Even the full feature version has less features as compared to other providers. From email communications, I believe Freshchat people are adding more features in upcoming releases. Other similar tools like Resend.io or Tawk.to give many more features in free versions.

Jason

An excellent entry into live chat support

Initially, I was looking for a live chat solution for one of our clients, but quickly realized the software could become useful for us as well. I explored several good options, including Tawk.to and Pure Chat, but found that overall, Fresh Chat offered the right combination of features and ease of use for our client, making it an obvious choice for us to support and recommend.

Pros

Fresh Chat is one of only a handful of free, robust tools for providing live customer support via your website with ease. Upfront, the ease of installation and configuration is fantastic. One needn't be an engineer to get this up and running quickly, as they provide all the tools needed. From plugins (WordPress in my case) to apps (Android and iOS both available), it's all easy to find, deploy, and use. In addition, there are numerous ways to integrate it with other systems, from Fresh Service, Fresh Desk, to third party integrations.

Cons

Perhaps the only area I think they could improve is by adding additional third party integrations, but that's a minor quibble, as they already offer several. In all likelihood the selection will grow over time.

Farrah

FreshChat - really easy to implement

The support you get from the Freshchat team is efficient, they are helpful and fast and knowledgeable

Pros

Easy to use. The setup was so simple and the integration onto the website is quick. The training is self explanatory as the interface is user friendly

Cons

The only issue i have is cost. Most of the API integrations that are available needs to have a higher package plan which can get pricey

Freshchat - Straightforward and Easy to Use

This has improved customer communication and resolving issues in a timely manner. Very proactive approach.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It allows our clients to provide feedback while using our website which is very beneficial to improve in areas we need to address. The feature of having multiple chats open is a plus. This software will allows you to get back to your customer even if the customer already left your website by gathering their name, email and phone number. Very proactive approach to chat.

Cons

Notifications to the agents are not very loud, so they don't always hear it if on another chat tab. An improvement that is being worked on.

Shu