• Pros

• "It's a very nice looking interface and aligns with our branding"

• "The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand"

• "I loved the fact that you could have live conversations with customers or visitors to my website. This way it is easier to make them buy a service before they leave. "

• Cons

• "The billing is sometimes wrong and you have to keep a check on that. But once you raise a ticket, it is easily resolved."

• "Its a great tool but sold as an addon for the fresh service when it shiuld have been bundled up as one product for fresh service customers."

• "I don't have any cons as per now but I would surely like to see some additional features like bot replies should be bit less robotic type. "

Browse Freshchat Reviews

Farrah from 1-grid

FreshChat - really easy to implement

The support you get from the Freshchat team is efficient, they are helpful and fast and knowledgeable

Pros

Easy to use. The setup was so simple and the integration onto the website is quick. The training is self explanatory as the interface is user friendly

Cons

The only issue i have is cost. Most of the API integrations that are available needs to have a higher package plan which can get pricey

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

A solid tool to provide top-notch customer support through live chat

Freshchat has been a solid option to allow website visitors and users to ask questions and for me to interact with them, provide them with answers or point them toward a specific web page or resource.

Pros

The two things that really stood out for me are Freshchat's overall design and user interface and the ability to manage live chat conversations from either a computer or mobile device. The latter aspect is something one would expect from most live chat tools but I think that still isn't the case...

Cons

The one thing I didn't like much about Freshchat had to do with the smartphone app. I had two separate live chat widgets (each on a separate site) and in order to keep track of both, I had to log in and out from the app to access the interface related to the specific live chat. This aspect may not be an issue with some of the Freshchat plans but I found it not ideal since other tools I have used would make it possible to manage live chats embedded on different sites straight from just one dashboard.

Reasons for Choosing Freshchat

Because I had used another tool by Freshworks in the past and because of Freshchat overall presentation (features, design, etc.)

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

Freshchat is a quality chat application with a confusing backend UI and an impossible login system

Freshchat is a quality chat program that can be difficult to setup and lacks the design quality of other competing brands

Pros

Once I managed to create an account, Freshchat was easy enough to setup and offered a lot of customizable features as well as the ability to add up to 10 users - all for free - which made it a useful application for our non-profit. Their API was also very well documented, allowing for custom code to be run to allow for certain things like triggering the chat via URL redirect, all of which was beneficial for a season.

Cons

The initial setup of freshchat - namely creating an account - was nigh impossible, and extremely confusing. Freshchat offers deep integrations with Freshworks suite of products, but for someone not looking to use their other products, it became a nightmare to start. Creating an account meant creating an account with Freshdesk and a couple other products of theirs, then it only would let me login to the admin panel of my overall Freshworks account (which doesn't allow for access to Freshchat), and then when I finally found the correct login page for Freshchat, their gmail login system would consistently fail and lock me out. In initial setup, I probably spent numerous hours trying to create a freshchat account, and ended up with two or three different accounts - most of which I abandoned because they wouldn't allow me to remove the extra Freshworks products I did not want. As well, basic features such as chatbots & email responses to chats were all locked behind a paywall - with a trial that failed to explain their use - and a customer service team that barraged me with numerous phone calls & emails asking me to upgrade from their free tier, even after I said I wasn't interested. Lastly, and perhaps this is user error, but freshchat failed to generate any sort of leads on our website; apart from occasional use, no one used the chat features - which changed the second we switched providers

Reasons for Switching to Freshchat

Drift caused significant load-time issues with our website (1.3s) and their backend UI was extremely difficult to manage

Seth from Camp Arrowwood

Clean, Professional and Simple Set-up

I loved the overall chat features. The dashboard and app are very clean. The only reason I switched was due to price.

Pros

I love how easy the dashboard was and how easy it was to set up on my wordpress website. The chat was also very clean, very easy to use multiple members of my team. The app on my phone made it simple to chat with visitors on my website from my phone.

Cons

While I started off with a free version, the paid version was a little too expensive for what I wished to use. I found a cheaper alternative.

Reasons for Choosing Freshchat

I originally chose freshchat because it was less expensive than the other products.

Rameez from HomeChoice

Great for front end customer service

I love Freshcaht! It's made customer engagement so much more pleasant for our company as our target audience are not exactly tech-savvy people. This simple and easy to use chatbot is simply a blessing .

Pros

I love the chat bot. This is being seen more and more on various websites with huge traffic and Freshchat does it so well. The fact that the bot interacts with you until such a point where it decides that it can no longer assist and only then pushes you through to a human. This is amazing because it allows you to customise so many outcomes.

Cons

The bot is a bit laggy at times and irresponsive. This, however, is not a major issue as it resolves itself after about a minute. There are times when a comm will be sent via the bot but no response will come through for about a minute.

Reasons for Choosing Freshchat

We purchased licences for Freshdesk and naturally wanted to try out Freshchat as well.

Jason from Ogre Techs

An excellent entry into live chat support

Initially, I was looking for a live chat solution for one of our clients, but quickly realized the software could become useful for us as well. I explored several good options, including Tawk.to and Pure Chat, but found that overall, Fresh Chat offered the right combination of features and ease of use for our client, making it an obvious choice for us to support and recommend.

Pros

Fresh Chat is one of only a handful of free, robust tools for providing live customer support via your website with ease. Upfront, the ease of installation and configuration is fantastic. One needn't be an engineer to get this up and running quickly, as they provide all the tools needed. From plugins (WordPress in my case) to apps (Android and iOS both available), it's all easy to find, deploy, and use. In addition, there are numerous ways to integrate it with other systems, from Fresh Service, Fresh Desk, to third party integrations.

Cons

Perhaps the only area I think they could improve is by adding additional third party integrations, but that's a minor quibble, as they already offer several. In all likelihood the selection will grow over time.

Virginia from Mi Examen de Inglés

bit dissapointed

I installed this app in my site and really tried to make it work for me, but I had to give up. Because I have so great experience with other Fresh products, I hope I will make it work for me in the future, when I try again.

Pros

Cons

I found it a bit difficult to incorporate in my website. The messages that I read in the morning accumulated in the inbox but with no real customer's names, so I was unable to know who was who. Or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it or work fluently with this software.

Reasons for Choosing Freshchat

I thought it looked more professional.

Freshchat - Straightforward and Easy to Use

This has improved customer communication and resolving issues in a timely manner. Very proactive approach.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It allows our clients to provide feedback while using our website which is very beneficial to improve in areas we need to address. The feature of having multiple chats open is a plus. This software will allows you to get back to your customer even if the customer already left your website by gathering their name, email and phone number. Very proactive approach to chat.

Cons

Notifications to the agents are not very loud, so they don't always hear it if on another chat tab. An improvement that is being worked on.

Muneeba from TRG

Industry: Research

Bring customer servie level to the next level

Pros

I like that you can integrate this program with a lot of other ones, like Facebook Messenger. I like that I can message my team and customers in an intuitive way. I like that I can collect data from the people I want and "put them separately", like a favorite tag. I like the design, it's really modern. I like that you don't have a limit when it comes to having contacts, and there's this section that is called "reports", where you can monitor your team's productivity and you can see what you can do to improve your business.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to set up, but the customer service is really nice and it helped me with everything I needed to know!

Jatin from OATI

A good chatting platform

Pros

Very clean and simple user interface. Instant messaging is very convenient and comes bundled with many features like sharing images and videos.

Cons

You get what you pay for.

Pros

Price is on the lower end of the customer chat solutions out there. And it has the core features you need if you need more than the cheapest options.

Cons

Where to start. Quality is an issue. If you don't have a lot of traffic, maybe this is enough. But the second you get into their more advanced controls, we just experienced so many anomalies... It was hard to know what was us and what was them. And anytime we reached out for help, the majority of their team is based overseas and turn around seemed slow. Then when it came to troubleshooting, they always wanted links and screenshots. Meanwhile, since they took so long to respond, you are long past being in the error state and moved way past the issue - knowing the issue still likely exists. This lead to nothing getting fixed or resolved. Pay the premium and get Intercom or Drift. Or get one of the cheap options out there.

Shikhil from Czar Securities

A refreshing new product in chat industry but limited features!

- Great interface for end customers - Limited features, but done right - Free trial available with full features to test - Great customer support - The backend dashboard UI is good

Pros

Just like any other Freshdesk product, Freshchat is a refreshing new addition. We gave it a spin for few days as the free trial is a full feature one. The backend dashboard is very easy to use and you can customize the chat widget. The chat widget UI is clean and attractive. Overall, the limited features that it offers are done right.

Cons

Limited number of features. Even the full feature version has less features as compared to other providers. From email communications, I believe Freshchat people are adding more features in upcoming releases. Other similar tools like Resend.io or Tawk.to give many more features in free versions.

Faiz from Atheon Anaytics

Good tool but needs some improvement

Overall has been good but the notification issue is the big problem for me.

Pros

Quick and simple to use, looks elegant and very professional. The ability to upload images and files is excellent and can be integrated with the business site.

Cons

My biggest gripe is that the notification is not up to standard. Unless your on one of the Fresh suite the popup does not appear when a new chat comes in. This means that unless you are regularly checking it makes the responses late and therefore not feel like a live chat. It would be good to have a pop out or desktop version so that if you are working on something else an icon will appear to notify you.

Shu from All Filters LLC

Highlight disappointed. Customer service is almost non-existent. Too many technical difficulties.

Highly disappointed.

Pros

It appears to have robust features and they attempt to offer cutting edge technologies.

Cons

I am highly disappointed in the Freddy chatbot. It was supposed to their best chatbot but I was extremely disappointed with it. We set up everything in the test environment and we liked how it worked, so we signed up for a one year service. However, after going live, we found out the live mode doesn't work exactly the same way as the preview mode. We went over with them several times and they admitted some functions don't appear to work the same. Their tech support admitted almost all of the errors but they never get back to us. I also asked if I could cancel it but they told me no because I made a one year commitment. I signed up for the service based on how it functioned in the preview model and we didn't think in a million years it would function otherwise. I was also disappointed in lack of tech support. They have great support for FreshDesk but not for FreshChat. When I called the support number, I was told there is no phone support for FreshChat. I emailed and we were able to meet them online to go over the errors and they recognized them but they would just not get back to us. I can’t say I recommend it.

Because we also use FreshDesk

Michael from Private Security

Freshchat: Communicate via Online Chatbot to Provide Sales Information and Devices

I’ve used Freshchat services as a loan consumer and subscription service. The ease of use in communicating about my financial inquiries, subscription to HP Instant Ink, have been easy to use.

Pros

My experiences with Freshchat has been through two companies, namely, HP and Klarna. The experiences with the chatbot service have been positive. The chat it is set up to answer FAQs and then if a consumers inquiry requires more detailed human communication, the chat bot redirects with ease to a human to chat through the service. The chats are even saved and not removed from my Klarna Ap. Therefore, I enjoy ease of use, integration with multiple businesses, and the saving of conversations.

Cons

My experiences with this software have been entirely positive. However, occasionally, the human sales associates aren’t knowledgeable, tired of answering questions, therefore rude and careless or have to ask another associate. If it is not programmed correctly it can be difficult or impossible to reach a human.

An okay chat, if you are using other Freshdesk products

An okay system that is getting by for now.

Pros

There are some basic features that are nice (and other chats don't have), such as being able to post URL links in your chat. It does have an integration with Slack which is nice. Also, if you are using the other Freshdesk products, it may make sense to use this as well.

Cons

As far as features, there is nothing really there to wow you. I can't imagine anyone choosing this product over other options if they are not using the companies other products. If they could provide more options for design, that would be a big factor.

Darcey from New Wave Capital Ltd

Easy for employees to use - quite difficult / buggy from a customer service perspective + technical

Quite negative - we have moved providers

Pros

It's a very nice looking interface and aligns with our branding

Cons

It's prone to bugs and very frequently would stop working and the widget disappear

shahzeb from Vinculum Group

Reliable and easy to use.

Good.

Pros

It's easy to use and very reliable tool to use. The website conversion certainly increased and we have better qualified leads thanks to freshchat. The support team is easily available and the overall experiance has been very good. Highly recommended for small and new businesses (pricing is a big factor too)

Cons

Great Messaging bot for e-com websites

Best messaging software that will help in improving business and acts as a sales bot which really help in reducing human effort

Pros

Freshchat is great messaging software we can integrate in websites. it works as sales bot, and build great relationship between customer and organization.it can help in campaigns that will increase sales.

Cons

Not really con, but sometime it takes little time to respond, and for free-trial period I think there is no 24X7 customer care.

Lavanya from Testsigma

Great tool for instant chat

The Sales team is greatly using the tool and is really liking it!

Pros

Its simple and easy! Freshchat by FreshDesk is helping us attend to the queries of our customers and website visitors almost instantly! The bot is also a part of our Sales team keeping them engaged until we take up :D

Cons

The support is not very quick. There's no 24x7 support for trial. Automation is limited to a couple of available options and are not extendable. There are no extendable criteria.

James from Self

In a world of chat and bot solutions, Freshchat wins for me

It helps us connect with our customers on a professional level across multiple platforms.

Pros

- Professional (why do so many chat apps look so childish?) - Free tier (that is actually useful and doesn't impose ridiculous limits) - Amazing support (even on the free tier, the team go above and beyond)

Cons

I haven't found fault with Freshworks' chat solution, which is why I always recommend it to clients starting new projects.

Ines from Pocketik

great and simple tool

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support. The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for operators Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot. I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

Pros

The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand

Cons

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support. I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for operators Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot. I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

Modern customer support tool

cost effective and being online for our customers 24/7

Pros

Switching to Freshchat for the customer support in our foundation proved to be a successful decision. Unlike competitors like Zendes our agents won't need to be online all the time. A customer asks something, the bot gathers relevant information such as name, phone and e-mail and once one of our agents is online they reply to the chat. The customer will be notified by e-mail or pushnotification. The customer can even leave our website due to this e-mail notification. As we work with volunteers we can never guarantee to be online all day but now with Freshchat we won't miss a chat anymore!

Cons

We would like a feature to export a conversation into a Freshdesk ticket for future follow up or to convert them into a KB item

If you have an ecommerce site you need freshchat

Pros

Great tool for providing real time support. BOTs functionality is great for automatizing. Recommend to each ecommerce site. Allows to provide 7x24 through iOS or Android App.

Cons

If integrated with social media, messages are not marked read on each. :(

Pavel from GP ELITE MARKETING PRODUCTS LLC

Great for Mobile Apps!

Pros

So far we use Freshchat for our Mobile App. It's integrated inside, so everybody who uses the chat can get in touch with us. .. and they do... and we respond from the very friendly and easy dashboard for us. also it have free version, which fits our needs for now, which is great !

Cons

Would be better if their cust.support was answering faster.

Yan from Premium Consulting

We use it on our website.

We can engage more website visitors.

Pros

It's well-balanced and not expensive, unlike alternatives. We trialed with other solutions but after we used free version for a while, decided to go with them. We also use Freshsales and both solutions integrate well.

Cons

No disadvantages, we are happy. Support is quick and I think they would be more quicker if we were in the same timezone.

Omer from 360Factors

Online Chat Support

I have been recently introduced to this software and it was pretty easy to integrate with our ticketing system and it is a very low budged product which we can purchase a license for each agent and we also get 25% discount on annual subscription.

Pros

We have integrated freshchat with our ticketing system and when we end any conversation on chat, we convert it to a ticket and the followup or mark this ticket as resolved and get customer feedback on our ticketing system.

Cons

There are very few details that are being fetched by freshchat from out Saas based application which puts us 1 step back and we have to initiate the chat with asking about the primary information like name, email, company name etc.

No notifications to admin or agent when inbox is not open

Pros

Cheap and affordable pricing Design is good

Cons

Sometimes i forget to check the messages and i miss lot of chat queries because of not receiving desktop notifications for new chat messages. I check emails less often. They have this feature for visitors called "never miss a response by turning on notifications" but not for admins. I've contacted their support and they tell me that i only get notifications if i keep the inbox open

Steve from Impex

Industry: Sporting Goods

Freshchat gives you everything you need!

No serious problems and customer service was quick to help with anything I needed

Pros

The software is incredibly simple to install and intuitive to use. It is also pretty organized, which helps when you need to assign chats to other reps.

Cons

It isn't very easy to search through old conversations.

Freshchat

Pros

Really enjoyed deploying this onto our help desk. Customer support is absolutely amazing and go above and beyond to help. UI is great and the ability to create the live chat into fresh desk calls allows for nothing to be missed. We use this for first line support and anything more complex we use it for extra details.

Cons

This used to be included in the fresh desk plan but is now an additional purchase.

Krishna from Gulf Bio Analytical

Industry: Information Services

Easy to set up and easy to manage

Good and easy to set up

Pros

All required options are available. Reports and dashboard features are good.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications do not pop up on time which makes the agents difficult to act faster.

Great SDK to interact with our customers easily

Pros

- Greatly helps in talking to our customer via the application - They provides iOS, Android and Web SDK to integrate in all platforms - Channels are great, so we can send like a notification to users - Tagging each users with custom fields is great

Cons

- While doing the integration with iOS, the documentation for exporting the push notification certificate is mentioned wrong on the official documentation. It took a while for us to figure out. Integration documentations can be improved.

Jennifer from DGL Group

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Very limited features, expensive add-on, requires a lot of setup

We have not fully launched yet, because of the amount of time required to set up and copy over information from FreshDesk

Pros

I'm hoping there will be updates, but as of right now, it's difficult to use and requires an enormous amount of setup. It should just pull in our information from Freshdesk, but it does not.

Cons

Requires a lot of up-front programming. Should not have to re-enter all of the information we already put into freshdesk. This is very time consuming and confusing.

One of the best modern communication tools

Pros

One thing we really like about FreshChat is it's intuitive nature. New users literally become proficient within minutes and experienced users are finding new functionally all the time!

Cons

Compared with other modern chat applications and software, we feel a little slighted with the fees. Skype, Slack, etc, are solutions which cost no money.

Troy from AddressTwo

Simple Easy To Use and Added a Huge Value to Our Customer Support/Training

Pros

Really enjoyed learning about the software as soon as I signed up for the free trial. I also enjoyed my interactions when their training and support staff who helped me quickly get this up and running. The day it went live for our customers we received great feedback about how accessible our company is.

Cons

Without help it could be a little hard to set up however their support staff was very helpful from the start so I should say their are no cons!

John Elias from Max Advanced Brakes

Abysmal Support, Had to push hard to get our money back.

They have a nice suite of products with a competitive feature set. However, after-sales support was terrible and we could not confidently continue doing business with them.

Pros

The interface is simple and clean. Their products integrate well with each other, so if you like their software they conveniently talk to each other in some way.

Cons

Hopefully, they've sorted their billing issues. We set up our account through one of their representatives and it would bill us for more users than we had. They would proceed to process refunds as credits to their platform instead of back to the original payment method unless you pushed hard. Their support team needs to be replaced, one of the most unhelpful support teams I had to deal with.

Reasons for Choosing Freshchat

We chose it as during the trial, it met our needs. Once we start paying for the software, things quickly started going downhill.

Armando from RTP

A good alternative to zendesk

Some of my clients need a chat tool for their Wordpress wensites. They need to be something simple to use and that can be used in their mobile phone.

Pros

I like the way it integrates with wordpress. Easy to manage by my clients. Connection with FreshDesk.

Cons

Nothing so far that i did not like in the app.

Manju from Roadpin Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Best tool to integrate chat tool on your website

It really solve the purpose of chat integration system for your website. Overall experience is awesome!

Pros

This software is my first choice to integrate chat script on my website. They have heft list of feature and free plan as well. You can easily change the background image and add questions for chatbot as well.

Cons

I found all the options I need to set up chat tool for my website. So, there is nothing which I like leas about this software.

Luís Miguel from Kinda Home

Useful contact center chat tool

It has been a very useful tool to convert customers to purchase inside the website.

Pros

It's embebbed in the freshwork ecosystem so if you have the other tools it's very easy to integrate and convert chats to tickets (with freshdesk)

Cons

Honestly, nothing. It's pretty good and simple to use, and allows you to chat with your customer in your website and social networks.

Pershanthen from OnRamp

Freshchat intergration into Freshdesk really upped our support game

Pros

Freshchat is really easy to use and you are able to integrate it into your Freshdesk dashboard. This means that your support team can chat and respond to tickets using a single dashboard.

Cons

To be honest, i dont quite like the pricing structure as you are billed per agent rather than a team. Maybe something the Freshworks team can look into.

Kobi from Kobestarr Digital

The main thing that attracted me to Freshchat was that it looked good...1 was vain

Pros

It looks good and if it had worked it would have done some nice things like linking with Freshdesk and Facebook

Cons

Customer Service. Getting someone on a chat takes at least 30mins in the first place. Then you can tell they are on a few different calls at the same time. Each response takes a long time. Documentation is poor - they have a page that tells you to copy some code. There is no link to the code! Basic Features do not exist (not able to choose which pages the widget appears, when the widget appears) Making changes mainly requires you to add additional code to the site instead of in the settings.

Tristan from Holdingbay

easy to set up and integrate with our Freshdesk

Pros

Easy to set up and add extra users and rules. Where I can add office hours that forward to email, allows me to leave it on all day. The email sending with the threaded conversation and forwarding a ticket to freshdesk is a plus

Response from Freshworks

Replied February 2018

Thank you for your review Tristan. If there is anyway we can improve your experience with Freshchat I will be more than happy to help you.

Bipin from CloudQA

Freshchat has many issues

Pros

It's easy to configure the automated messages which works fine. We found these were very effective in initiating with the interested visitors and get their contact details.

Cons

There are numerous things like: - Poor on-time notifications of web visitors. - Take almost 10 secs to the chat box to appear after initializing a chat. - Difficult to transfer chat. - Really bad customer support.

Sunil from Zaggle Prepaid Ocean Services Pvt Ltd

Freshchat Review - The best and easy way to say HI to customers and resolve there concerns

Pros

The best and easy way to say HI to customers and resolve there concerns, get instant notifications upon customer visit, can assign tasks to the team members and can download the reports whenever required and simplify manual work

Cons

Pricing is a bit concern. People at Freshworks should reduce the pricing

The Best Chat App Imimented Easily

Brilliant so far, we’re taking it one step at a time but plan to rolls this out across all of our sites.

Pros

It’s UI is incredible, super easy to use but with all of the features you would expect and more!

Cons

I’d like the bot to be more programmable so that it can respond to common questions from customers automatically.

Review on Freshchat

Freshchat is helping our clients or the website visitors to contact us without them calling us or sending us emails.

Pros

Ease to get leads or stay connected from our website. Any visitor on our website can communicate to us very easily.

Cons

Need to improve on some features and stay competitive in market.

Freshchat

Its integration with our freshdesk was easy and very easy to use and administer.

Pros

Easy to use and configure and integrate with other products like freshdesk.

Cons

the solutions do not open in a new window and it only opens in half the screen when maximized.

Great chat software for your website

Pros

Recently switched to Freshchat and can definitely recommend it. The tool is simple and does the job the way you want it to do ! The automations are decent.

Cons

It lacks integrations with other tools but they will get there.

Aaron from DODA

Tried on our website, did not work, no support.

None, just a waste of my time.

Pros

Looked nice.. that's about it.

Cons

Did not work properly. When we logged out, it kept saying that there was a team member online and it would reply in under 2 minutes. The support told me to check my settings, still didn't work. Sound notifications were not working, the support staff said 'check your computer is not muted' - what? Is this a phone company telling me to check my router is plugged in? BUYER BEWARE - what a joke.

It's Really effective way to interact with your customers

It's a Really good experience.

Pros

Really easy to use and has a lot of basic features. it can be easily embedded to any website.

Cons

the higher plans are too much expensive.