• Pros

• "Podium is a top-notch company and I am so glad our company uses them. Their staff is outstanding and responds quickly and eagerly any time we have questions. "

• "Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well"

• "I like the texting feature makes it very easy to communicate with our customers"

• Cons

• "Price is a bit steep for SMB, but well worth it if you maximize the value of your positive reviews."

• "We have had a few clients that were unable or unwilling to open the links. They were uncomfortable creating a log-in to send review. This could be user error as well, as others have had no problems. "

• "While Podium does work very efficiently it does take time to set up the review accounts to capture these reviews. Once you plug in the accounts and get going it is amazing!"

Browse Podium Reviews

Jordan from Quality Furniture & Appliance

Get it and rethink any department you think could use it

We absolutely love the podium product. We receive great reviews, and are able to get in touch with clients that simply stop communicating any other way - especially our past due clients.

Pros

It makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found.

Cons

Some members of the sales team are more intense than they need to be and follow up beyond the intrusive level.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

It was willing to do the work to integrate with our POS and wasn't a per text fee which I appreciated.

Maggie from American 1 Credit Union

Podium: The Best Out There

Podium is a fantastic product and theyre doing it right. They make everything easy and make sure you understand all you can do with their software.

Pros

Podium is the best review software Ive come across. They make it so easy to request, monitor and respond to reviews. We have it set up for review requests for texts and for Facebook reviews to come through. It helps keep reviews in one place and track. They also have the greatest customer service and are incredibly helpful.

Cons

Something I would like the least is the amount of time it has taken for us to set up a new branch. Its been a week or two yet were having minor issues. It would be a major issue if our reps werent nice but they make it easy and we know theyre doing everything they can.

Katie from Newton Nissan of Gallatin

Good product, poor execution

I liked the concept of the product, and it did gain us a good number of reviews. But it was not worth keeping long-term without product enhancements and better customer support.

Pros

I like the automated features in this software, though it was slightly oversold. But it does automatically contact customers via text after their service/purchase to ask them to leave us a review. We could choose which site(s) to direct them to.

Cons

Customer service was not as good as it could've been. High turnover of employees, lack of communication, and then the refusal to upgrade or help out with different tasks such as splitting up customer feeds so we could direct service customers to a different review platform than the one we had set up.

Excellent chat software with review integration

Podium allows us to connect with shoppers as they are browsing the site to answer questions immediately and secure more deals.

Pros

The review integration with facebook and google is excellent. We are able to send review invitations via text and respond to them within the app. We can also assign them to the various salespeople who actually worked the deal so they can respond accordingly. We also have podium on our homepage to engage with browsing customers and answer any questions they may have.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with some of our third party advertising sources like other options do. Sometimes there are glitches with the software and messages do not send properly.

jerry from broadway motors

Great until you want to cancel it!

The experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.

Pros

Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well

Cons

Tried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money. One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable

Julie from Ad a Girl Advertising

Generate Positive Reviews & Sales

After a bit of a learning curve by the team, the software is working well to generate reviews on Google and sales from the webchat feature. Having all messages in one place is really handy. Also folks can text the store instead of call. Customers like getting texts when there car is ready as opposed to a call too. The Sales team is a bit relentless, but I appreciated it in the end to help get it rolling. The support chat has been helpful as well.

Pros

All messages from social media, Google and the webchat come into one inbox, and can be easily handled by the sales team and review requests can be automatically generated.

Cons

Integration for automated reviews had a hiccup for one of the locations that took some time to correct. Also, sometimes the request texts are duplicated.

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Podium had the components we were looking for and offered integrated platform for automatic reviews. The price was a network discounted rate that was appealing as well.

Holly from Bravo Cadillac

Helps you get Reviews

Overall I would recommend this app for companies who are struggling to get some good reviews about your company. This certainly will help.

Pros

I like how you can send a text message to a customer on a different number to get them to write a review. Also that you can track which employees are asking for reviews from customers.

Cons

I didnt really like the price. It is not an intense app for the price to be so high. Wish there were also more review platforms for customers to write their reviews.

Julie from Good News Pest Solutions

User friendly

It's been a very user friendly experience to maneuver around and get info shared between us and our customers.

Pros

The ease of sending and receiving information to and from our customer base has been a great tool for me.

Cons

Have not really come across any issues in using Podium for the purposes we currently utilize it for.

Carrie from Atlanta Movie Tours

New User But Happy So Far

Our guests seem happy with having this option! It's easy to use and makes responding to inquiries much quicker.

Pros

Our calls with general questions have drastically dropped once we began using Podium. We prefer people to message and/or email with questions and concerns and Podium definitely helps with that! I love that it streamlines all our messages and we can reply to everything right from Podium.

Cons

I'm still in the learning phase but no complaints so far. I don't particularly care for the Leader board but I can see how it may be useful for other organization for incentives.

Kurtis from Knight Automotive Group

Great software to solicit review and contact customers

Pros

Extremely easy to login to desktop or mobile for individual users and either have a conversation or solicit reviews

Cons

Sometimes redundant if you already have texting capabilities through your crm etc as well as a review solicitation process

Gjenes from Bay Alarm Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy

Being able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.

Pros

What I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.

Cons

The inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.

Baylee from Self employed

Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation

This has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!

Pros

In addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!

Megan from McGonigle Dental Associates

Awesome!

I enjoyed using Podium! It was very beneficial for our office needs

Pros

It was user friendly and targeted a different type of customer/patient. Texting is the new way of contacting or communicating with other people and responses were quicker and more accurate.

Cons

The program was easy to use but it was hard to pinpoint exact lists when need be

A user-to-customer messaging platform for reviews that's hooked in with Google

None

Pros

Direct Google integration is definitely the biggest pro here. They also are focused on having staff message customers directly for reviews one-on-one. It won't work for everyone, just depends on the business model.

Cons

Very limited functionality and visibility into your account. Right now, it's basically just a review solicitation platform via messaging and email. It's efficient at getting star ratings and reviews, but that's about it. If you're looking for surveys, look elsewhere. Also, when I was a customer, they didn't even have NPS Score. That's pretty basic. Reporting is very limited and it's hard to get an overview of your total account, only individual locations. Customization is little to none for both the dashboard and the actual campaigns. Oh, and it's crazy expensive. You're basically paying for the direct Google integration. Which is super nice and important, but still. I also had a very negative experience that was unique to me. I had very specific contract conditions that were not met and it was a very difficult and painful process to get rectified. I felt very misled by the company and lost any trust I had in them. It was very disappointing.

Lisa from Stratus Interactive

Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews

We've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.

Pros

Probably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful

Jennifer from Tom Ahl Family of Dealerships

Gives options to customers for places to write a review

Pros

We used Podium through another company that we signed up with. We were able to easily text with customers and as for a review through this system. Our company is strong with customer reviews so it was an easier way to ask for one and the customer could access whichever review site they felt most comfortable with right from their phone.

Cons

Some customers complain about leaving a Google review because they don't remember their Google login. This company helps with those customers because it gives them links to other review sites if they don't want to leave a Google review. Nothing in particular that I do not like about this product.

Rick from Mobilityworks

It works great!

I am at a new company and I suggest they use it too.

Pros

People don't always have a gmail account. It made them jump through hoops to do a review elsewhere. People became cautious and leave the site.

Cons

Nothing. I really did like using it. It was a great reminder to customers to do a review. It required almost immediate follow though.

Karla from Mossy Toyota

Incredible customer interaction for fast authentic reviews from the social media sites that I choose

Pros

Up to the minute reviews that I can respond to on one platform The Leader Board is terrific to help build a fun and competitive arena between our sales force Our sales people like the app and reading what their customers say about them Once set up to my liking it's fast and easy to follow and allows our entire store to work towards different goals for obtaining authentic reviews from happy customers. The Podium staff is amazing, on top of it, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and always happy to help with enthusiasm. They always respond quickly to any questions. Our customers respond well and fast once they receive the invite I can immediately respond or resolve customer needs when they come through the messenger

Cons

That Yelp won't allow Podium to link up - which is actually Yelp's fault That the yelps take a couple days to show up on my reviews list That my responses to DealerRater reviews don't show up on Podium

Highly Recommend Podium

Pros

Great service that has allowed us to get many reviews when we found it hard to get them. The service is straightforward and easy to use and customers seem to like it too. They are always updating their website and makes things easier to use. If you want more reviews then use Podium!!!

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this product. The only thing that could be better would be if they could offer a link to yelp.

Rebecca from Mattress city

my assessment for podium

Pros

I love that I can communicate one on one with all of my customers and potential customers.

Cons

I dislike very much that the software does not recognize all cellphone devices. some of my customers click on the link provided but it wont let them access the link or sometimes I will send the podium link and the customer only recieves part of the message and not the link so I end up having to redirect customer to go to a different site to post a review and that defeats the purpose of using podium if customer has to be redirected. they get fruserated by that point and I lose a review.

Loving Podium for the reviews!

We love Podium and find a ton of value in using it to drive positive reviews.

Pros

How it has helped us drive tons of positive reviews to our online profiles while also capturing negative feedback so we can act on it quickly and make things right. It integrates with Service Titan which is also wonderful.

Cons

Reporting is spread across their site in a confusing manner until you get used to it.

Joy from Thollot Diamonds & Fine Jewelry

Stellar

Pros

It does what it says it will do. Our reviews have more than tripled over the past year of working with Podium. The platform allows an easy conversation with our customers and an easy way for them to tell the world what they think about our service. Because it is easy for our customers to follow through with the review, a high number of the requests result in reviews.

Madison from Peter & Co. Jewelers

Love Podium !

Pros

I love podium. I think it brings a lot of business to our company & easy for the customer to get ahold of us/ ask us questions without calling us or driving in first. I think it has many benefits as far as texting customers & getting reviews ect.

Cons

Notifications dont always come through and it leaves the customer waiting awhile until we find it.

Jasmin from Buckhead Atlanta Dentistry

Instant Messaging made easy

Overall it has been great. The set-up was fairly fast and painless. The rep that explained to us what the program was did a great job.

Pros

We signed up for Podium and it made messaging our patients super fast and easy. Any patients that have information that needs to be updated they can simply text us the information or a picture. Once we hit send, the patient receives it on the phone.

Cons

At first the web log-in from a computer was limited to not sending images. Now you can send and receive images.

Stacey from BH

Amazing

Hayley from Progressive Reporting Agency

Overal Good

So far since i have been using it daily i have been able to use it accordingly and communicate well with those customers that use it as well.

Pros

I like that we can contact clients without using our real phones. It is nice being able to shoot a quick text for those clients who are not always available to answer the phone. It has opened more opportunities for us to gain clientele.

Cons

I do not like that when people text in, we cannot see their phone number and i have to ask for it.

Randy from de3319

Podium review

Pros

I like the texting feature makes it very easy to communicate with our customers

Cons

nothing really comes to mind, Everything is pretty smooth.

Adam from RC Willey

Great product to help companies have their customers leave reviews about their experience with ease

Ability to request for online reviews, track reviews for your company online, and track trends to see what customers are saying about your company.

Pros

Easy to use text messaging tool that allows you to request for your customers to review you. Often customers do not seek to leave a review their experience unless they were blown away positively or have a negative experience. This tool helps companies get ahead and proactively request for customers to review their experience. The system can be set up to manually set up to request for review or automated through an API when customers make their purchase.

Cons

There are times that customers have had issues accessing the reviews after clicking on the link in the text message. Most are able to get there, but some have issues due to browser issues on their phone or computer.

Podium helped me to increase the review rate of my product and improve web chat

Ease of use web chat and more product and business reviews

Pros

The additional reviews that my business received have helped us to reach a greater audience and had a great effect on our sales. The web chat functionality is excellent and allows us to stay connected.

Cons

I have had occasional issues reaching customer service but nothing that would prevent me from using the software.

Prepare yourself to accelerate your Google and other third-party reviews!

We have a hard time getting third party reviews because we have reviews we sent out internally to better understand where we may have fallen short throughout the customer buying life cycle. Through Podium, we are able to better leverage our crews to ask and facilitate the review process so that we can get feedback on these other platforms.

Pros

It's focused so much on user experience. Both internal users and those leaving reviews are welcomed with an experience that helps drive results. There are other offerings that do similar things, but Podium is by far the most refined and feature packed.

Cons

It's expensive for what it is. However, the number of reviews you'll get completely offsets these costs. Just be prepared for somewhat of a sticker shock. The actual product is great~

Amazing product, but is pricy

Pros

Does a great job getting reviews and obtaining great information to build online reviews and reputation.

Cons

The cost is very high. You get what you pay for, and podium does a LOT! Love the program just is costly.

Podium was the first, but you pay for the name!

Good

Pros

Podium changed the way I manage my reputation online before I was really even thinking about it

Cons

It is expensive. Newer, comparable competitors have entered the space for lower price points

CALVIN from MERLINS TV

Industry: Consumer Electronics

GREAT PRODUCT

THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT WAY TO GAIN CUSTOMER REVIEWS AND OR ANSWER CUSTOMERS QUESTIONS

Pros

THIS IS A GREAT WAY FOR OUR CUSTOMERS TO GET A HOLD OF US 24/7 VIA TEXTING

Cons

I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE

GWEN from midland honda

good

see line for pros

Pros

I like most about it it is user friendly and the clients like it also to communicate with us instead of using the phone or leaving messages. this is also watched by many people here, so nothing gets lost no messages get missed. which is really important.

Cons

All good. i would not change anything really good program

Paul from RID Pest Control

Industry: Environmental Services

Poor customer service for a company that solicits reviews

What kind of company's customer retention plan is "you can cancel the contract, your on the hook for a year" with no attempt what so ever to handle the customers concern...It blows my mind.

Pros

The promise was to promote more google reviews by allowing field technicians to solicit a review in the field.

Cons

When I tried to cancel because we were getting posts from all over the USA well we only service South Jersey became a waste of time. Few posts were from our area. When I tried to leave they told me I'm locked in for a year...I can't cancel. Did I get a customer service rep call to ask how they could improve the service or our experience with the service, nothing.

Mike from Hyatt Infiniti

Excellent

Pros

Effective Software program and works very Efficient with success you can see. The results can be measured as soon as the program starts. Good reporting. All Good have no problems or concerns at this time. The reporting and program is working as we were told that it would work with the results we were told .

Excellent product and platform

Implementation was a breeze (thank you, Rep Team!). The platform is simple to use but powerful and full of value-adds.

Pros

Ease of use Multiple users Combines communication streams and reviews from Google, FB, and our website into one place.

Grover from King Jewelers

Podium is great to work with. They have helped us to get more positive feedback from our customers.

Pros

Podium makes getting reviews from customers very easy. It only takes a second to send the text message to your customer with a link to submit a review. We also enjoy that we can send our customers texts from our work computer and no longer have to do it from our person phones which means everything is found in one place.

Cons

We have a great experience using Podium. The only thing we could say that isn't positive is the initial set up was quite time consuming from all the long phone calls with different people. In reality it only took a couple of hours but when you only have a few employees that time is valuable. Other than that we love using podium!

James from Crestview Chrysler

We are getting excellent results and achieved 70+ reviews in August alone! Great dashboard too!

Over 50 good reviews a month through automated service review requests and a useful dashboard.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use and well designed. The messenger is helpful to achieve customer feedback and reach out to customer who have had a less than stellar experience. The analytics section is a useful tool for tracking and I like to check the competitive insights section to keep tabs on where we stand with the competition.

Cons

I wish there was a way to encourage sales members to send out more review requests. We get most of our reviews from service when I know most of our sold customers would also submit good reviews if we simply requested them.

Richard from Bayside Urgent Care Center

The best money we have spent in our marketing budget by far!!!

Pros

The software is easy to use and implement in any type of business. By far the best software we have come across to generate reviews for our business.

Cons

Software glitches. We had a malfunction once where the reviews were not being properly assigned to the person who sent the review.

Great way to enhance your companies profile on both Google and Facebook.

Pros

The format is easy to use and easy to set up. It makes it easy to have your customers leave a review and has enhanced our business.

Cons

It can be difficult to get your team thinking about the importance of online reviews. Not a problem with the platform, but still a hurdle to overcome

Great Tool for Local Businesses

Pros

Tried out Podium for our restaurant and really enjoyed the experience. Lots of features for the money, allowed us to stay very organized with media.

Cons

It's a great platform but we found it to be a little too expensive for our venue but still think its a very useful platform.

Jennifer from Raleigh Diamond Fine Jewelry

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Texting is a more modern form of communication so Podium helps keep that modern contact while staying professional

Pros

Incredibly User Friendly, Helps keep contact while being professional, Easy Up-to-date version of communicating with clients

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about this softward

Heidi from McClure Collision Center, LLC

Such a time saver for our business!!!

Reviews that I most likely would not have gotten organically

Pros

Ease of use for us and our customers. We simply do not have the time to call or email each customer at the end of the day to request reviews. I also love that it is super easy for our customer so I don't feel like I am inconveniencing them with my request.

Cons

I wish when it says I have already sent a customer a request that it would tell me if they left a review or just simply that I have already requested a review. That way I would know if I should send them one more request or just leave it alone. Rather than having to search reviews to see if they left one or not.

MIchael from Michael Jewelers

absolutely boosted great reviews for my business!

more customers

Pros

How easy it is for my customers to leave a review. It has brought more customers to my store and everyone is leaving a great review

Cons

The constant changing of how podium is for using on my end. I think it could be much more simplified and user friendly

Podium can help increase your positive online reputation!

Pros

Podium helps monitor and use customer feedback to increase positive reviews and enhance your reputation online.

Cons

It can be hard to read and understand the results and how to improve your reputation -- but once you understand, it's easy to do!

Daniel from Volvo of San Antonio

Get noticed out there

Podium is an excellent addition to what ever one might be currently using.

Pros

This program has increased my audiance in the San Antonio market in turn increasing my bank account.

Cons

I have yet to have anything negative to say about using the Podium software

Anthon from A&G Auto Glass Inc

Easy to use software that makes getting reviews much easier!

Online reviews that are consistent and an automated way to send them out. This software saves me the time of not having to ask each customer to fill out a review and explain to them how to find my business online.

Pros

Very easy to use. I was also able to link it to my scheduling software so that the message gets automatically sent out each day. The new dashboard is great and much more helpful than the past. The link that is sent to customers could not be easier for them to follow.

Cons

The competitive page was having some issues but looks like it is now working correctly. Other then that, no cons.

Veronica from Income Over Expense

Customer Review Solution Tool!

Pros

Utilizing Podium as a tool to connect with our customers for reviews has been amazing! It's so great to know that we have Podium working for us to help connect with previous customers that we haven't been able to reach on that level! We've actually seen a lift in terms of word of mouth referrals ever since we started using Podium!

Cons

Great product for texting clients

Pros

Being able to text information to a client and then have the, submit a review!

Cons

Sometimes we have clients send us photo tos and they dont always come through