Browse Dacast Reviews

John from Spanish Reiki Federation

Reliable and easy to use

We use it extensively to stream weekly tutorials, as well as live feed conferences and events. Overall, our experience has been very positive and you can quickly talk to a real persona if you get stuck or something´s not working.

Pros

Dacast is a solid streaming platform backed by an excellent support team which have helped me sort out configuration and integration into our e-learning platforms. I also like the fact that it´s highly customizable and integrates well into OBS studio and HTML pages, as well as Facebook. All in all, the quality/value for money ratio is well worth it.

Cons

The latency is annoying (can be up to 15 secondes) and the upgrade payment to eliminate it is really too expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Dacast

Not flexible and interrupted by ads.

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2019

Hi John! Thanks a lot for your comments, we take the point on the pricing. We are always trying to find cheaper solutions to put on the market, we will announce it if we have anything new on this!

Juan C from New Apostolic Church - Philadelphia

Quick & Easy Setup for your Church

Overall, we have been using Dacast's Streaming Starter Package since July 2020 and have had zero issues. I am extremely pleased with the service and that our church members are able to watch Online, via Facebook and other Social Media, or by hosted page from our Website. Additionally,

Pros

I am new to Webcasting, and was apprehensive initially when deciding on a streaming service. However, once I tried Dacast and saw how simple, quick, and easy it was to use I was convinced. I love that we have the ability stream our church services and that Dacast works with OBS which is what we use to create our streams. Additionally, after streaming, we have the added capability of hosting our recording as a Video On Demand option for those that were not able to catch the live stream. Also, the other reason that I chose Dacast was that our streaming and video hosting service is not competing with millions of others on free or publicly accessible options. It does require an investment upfront (I am using the starter package) and have not run out of capacity nor has anybody that connects has filed any sort of complaints. This service functions as advertised and I think it is well worth the investment, especially for teams that are new to web .

Cons

Where I believe the product could use some improvements is on the Analytics area. I think that there should be some options or features that allow us to track specific users. In our case, I would love it if I could assign some sort of "Credential" or "ID" to users so that when they either watch online or watch "recordings", I could be able to track who where the users. There are other reports, hwo

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

I chose Dacast because I provided what I really wanted from a streaming service: A professional and easy to use interface, No Ads or Suggested "other" videos, and I wanted to be able to host my own recordings after the fact. Dacast provides all these things at a reasonable price.

Angela from Gemini Graphics Inc

Ease of use at an affordable price

Pros

Dacast is very easy to implement across all our different websites and on all of our devices. And their customer support is always there if you need assistance.

Cons

I would like a way to see if a live stream is active on the dashboard under the Live Streams. And I would like to be able to setup users to have access to their live streams recordings only.

Dima from BeStreet Studio

Empty promises with quick support

Overall, I wish I'd selected another platform Honestly, the amount of time and effort spent in figuring out the bugs I described above was not worth it. I have about 2000 people that are actively using the platform I build and they trust me to give them a reliable way to stream live classes (dance classes) and record them for later viewing, and I feel I've let them down choosing DaCast I do not recommend DaCast to anyone

Pros

They don't make you pay for a full year and the price is a bit lower compared with vimeo and some other platforms i checked. Fast response support (not good, but fast)

Cons

Features don't work!! 1. Analytics - does not work at all (support: "as soon as it works we will notify you") 2. VOD - recorded live streams have multiple 'holes' in them, most recordings have 10-20 minute holes missing in the recording!! Also, one of the recordings was corrupted after about 5 minutes in the stream, so 1.2 hour video = trashed. 3. LiveStreams - a huge bug in the token refreshing within the player, making anyone who views the stream refresh the browser every 6 minutes (as it stops the stream) 4. Support - the support is a fast-response-low-on-knowledge kind of support. The more knowing people are not responding at all (been 3 weeks with no response) 5. They have lots of articles that seem like someone who knows a thing or two about streaming wrote, that was mostly the reason I decided to invest my time in DaCast, it seemed promising (but only promising, no results)

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

mostly pricing options and good articles

Giovanni from K2.

Great Live Streaming/OTP Platform

Pros

Ease of use, support, features, price, stability, quality of the service.

Cons

Not really at all, maybe the low latency streaming could be aprimorated.

Luca from VIWA

Dacast user review

We usually use Dacast for our streaming service in the equestrian competition. We found this service very affordable since the first time. We have never had problems with service interruptions, which is very important to guarantee good live streaming services.

Pros

Easy to set up. Stable and safe even in intensive use.

Cons

we would like more development in the off-line part of the software

Reasons for Switching to Dacast

Dacast was less expensive and more appreciated in the professional field

Response from DaCast

Replied December 2019

Hi Luca! Thanks a lot for your comment. We will do our best to build our offline services in the future with our soon to be out new app!

Samuel from Taylor Media Solutions

Industry: Broadcast Media

Very cost effective streaming solution

Been a pleasant experience using DaCast for Live-streaming

Pros

It is quite simple to setup a new livestream and the user interface is easy to use

Cons

Having the capacity to allow live-streaming with multi-bitrate technology like other companies on the market

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

Price was the main factor for choosing DaCast of the competition

Reasons for Switching to Dacast

Issues with streaming copyrighted material

Ashley from Technology Policy Institute

Industry: Think Tanks

Excellent entry-level introduction to Live Streaming behind a paywall

We were able to offer live videos of our event to out of town guests at a cost where our in person guests wouldn't have been offended and try our a new service that we could benefit from a good ROI.

Pros

This was my organizations first time trying to profit off of a live-stream and the paywall feature DaCast offers was the perfect fit. They have the ability to social share to Facebook and Twitter as well as embed the videos into our own website! Customer service is always available and promptly responds when I was setting up the account.

Cons

The videos were sometimes slow to load. Setting up the channel to save or download the videos after were also not very clear and ultimately resulted in us losing one video.

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

It finally came down to cost. We weren't sure if we would use this product for all of our events and wanted a pay-per-use product.

Response from DaCast

Replied September 2019

Thank you Ashley for your review. Happy to read it. We are taking your feedback into consideration for our upcoming upgraded video platform. Have a nice weekend!

Paul from Bethel Assembly Of God - Burton

Good streaming option

Customer service has been great, answered questions and helped with understanding features.

Pros

The price point for the capability is great. Similar options were nearly twice as much.

Cons

Inability to multi stream. Would like to be able to stream directly to Facebook as well.

Price.

Dacast for K-12 Streaming

Good experience. Happy with it for the price.

Pros

It’s easy to set up channels and live broadcast our events. It’s simple enough for a non-tech person to do.

Cons

While our interactions with customer service have been limited, they have felt short and rushed at times.

Price

Stu from Stu's Show.Com

Overall, a Very Good Organization with Excellent Customer Service

I am very happy with the streaming quality and the reliability now that they have most of the issues worked out. It is the best value for the money spent and I expect to remain with DaCast as long as my programming continues to stream on the Internet.

Pros

The pricing structure is probably the best thing about DaCast. It's affordable (unlike many of their competitors), and their customer service is top notch. My rep usually gets back to me within an hour after I e-mail him, and their tech support people are always available to chat regardless of the time...and they are very helpful. If they can't resolve a problem, they send it to their higher-ups and it gets taken care of pretty quickly.

Cons

Some of the CDNs have buffering issues depending on where they are, but they seem to have repaired these over the past few months. The analytics reports have also been a problem in the past, but they too seem to have been remedied of late. The PPV on demand interface is a bit cumbersome and difficult for some non-tech-savvy customers of mine to navigate. That would be the only issue I wish DaCast could simplify...it's a really big deal to log in once an account has been created and they don't allow for users to change their passwords - if forgotten, DaCast issues them a randomly-generated new one and they are difficult to remember. I also don't like the fact that clients must wait until an accumulation of $100 or more via PPV sales is reached before they can transfer funds from DaCast...and the first transaction takes 35 days. That is ridiculous.

Response from DaCast

Replied November 2018

Hello Stu, thanks a lot for your review, and thank you even more for your comment, we are always eager to improve and will consider it! Happy streaming.

jason from Entertainment

Great people. Great service.

We needed the ability to allow our entire user base to be able to upload video game performance videos directly into the service. This means many thousands of different people from anywhere in the world, with incredibly large video uploads. We were able to accomplish this. There is nothing more to say.

Pros

Bottom line is that it works. It's consistent. It's straightforward. The support available is prompt, understanding and interested in supplying the best product and service they can.

Cons

I have no complaints. The software and company have completely met my expectations. I am not exaggerating.

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

Vimeo was incapable of providing the specific kind of service we needed. They were just not as flexible.

Reasons for Switching to Dacast

We needed complete control over our incoming videos in every way shape and form. Youtube does not allow that.

Response from DaCast

Replied July 2019

Hi Jason! Thanks a lot for your review. We are so pleased to keep on working with you and will definitely keep on serving you for many more adventures!

Kent from Three Pines Productions, LLC

Industry: Online Media

Best Service Available

I've checked out virtually all other services. They all have their pros and cons but I've found DaCast has far fewer cons. Pricing is the biggest difference. DaCast is actually affordable for any kind of broadcast and combining that with the solid reliability puts DaCast way ahead of the rest. We continue to check the other services, as the years go by, but we keep coming back to DaCast. There's just no reason to go anyplace else.

Pros

We don't broadcast often, but when we do, we need to know that our CDN is solid with little chance of dropping. DaCast has proven their reliability, to us. We started with them when they first came on-line. Back then, there were little hickups as would be expected. In my opinion, DaCast is superior in every way to all other similar services. We did a week long broadcast recently, and had zero drops! Those were 12 hour days and not one drop. That's amazing. Setup is easy and quick. I setup a new broadcast channel in about 10 minutes and was testing the broadcast. We use Wirecast and DaCast is simple to interface with it. Support is available via chat and is pretty quick to connect and help you. That's huge when you're in the middle of a broadcast and need help.

Cons

The only con is in setting up overage protection. You can select it, and it appears that you have it, but you might not actually have it and there's no way to know that you don't. Until you go over your allocated bandwidth.

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2018

Hi Kent, we appreciate your review and it is always a pleasure to do business with you. Hopefully we can optimize the overage protection soon enough so your streaming experience becomes even better! Talk to you soon.

Nicola from Live At The Studio

Best video streaming software

We have been using DaCast and its software to stream video for 10 years and never had an issue. Our website has a video stream that runs 24/7 and includes both live and recorded video. During that 10 years of constant streaming we have only had 3 technical issues that stopped the stream and each time the issue was resolved immediately. The set up is extremely easy and if assistance is need the customer service team is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

The quality of the stream is very high and the backend design is intuitive and easy to navigate. The software is easy to install, set up and use. If help is need the customer support team is terrific and available to help. The ability to monetize the stream is easy and has many options which is very important for our company as we do "ticketed" live events.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike, which is why we have been customers for 10 years.

Gandhi from Government

A great alternative for broadcasting

Almost a year broadcasting, working just fine on a daily basis.

Pros

The great variety of settings you have to get the image do you need. The price it's also great for my needs.

Cons

In my case, the learning curve. I was not familiar with this kind of broadcasting.

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

Price. Considering the number of my viewers, it was the best option.

Reasons for Switching to Dacast

Price. Ustream was adquired by a big company and the change of prices was something we could not afford.

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2019

Hello Gandhi! Thanks a lot for your comment, glad to hear you use our services every day. We take the point on the learning curve: it is important for us to get people to live easily, but it can be sometimes harder than expected.

Joey from Christus Victor

Thanks

It’s been a solid A. Phone support great even though I was on a free trial. Website has embedded livestream and I’m broadcasting on Periscope and Facebook every Sunday

Pros

The honesty of the website, I was asked to broadcast a livestream of our church services on a budget to embed on our website and social media. After reviewing several different outlets that claimed one thing and did not come through or require a credit card and wouldn’t disclose the price until you signed up for a free trial, I stumbled upon DaCast. The phone service was exceptional as I was stumped trying to find the right option the free trial didn’t require a credit card and now I have an exact dollar amount needed to complete the task

Cons

I wish there was an option with their own encoder. However they have worked with several other encoding software companies including OBS and the one I chose VMix to meet our needs

Honesty of website

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2019

Thank you Joey, it is such a pleasure to read your review. Please note that we do have our own encoder which is a customized version of OBS which allows you to do low latency streaming; if you want to try, we would be happy to let you. Happy streaming and talk to you soon!

Ian from Digital Execs

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Video job descriptions made possible through Dacast

I love dacast it’s an integral part of my business, I use it daily, please keep up the good work

Pros

Quality Reliability Ease of use Video view, it slides across making selection easy

Cons

Setting out folders, I’ve not figured this out and would like help

Mainly Pricing and dacast festures

Lawrence from Voice of The Light Ministries

A Great Streaming Solution

We have had a great experience with DaCast streaming as a service. From our 24/7 streaming to our occasional LIVE event broadcasts, we find that DaCast helps to supply our needs for streaming to our audience. The customer support with DaCast has been excellent, with quick responses and very knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot and get things set up when we started the service. Overall, we are thankful and grateful for this service and support team.

Pros

We provide 24/7 streaming to a wide audience internationally as well as in the USA. We had a streaming provider that began to be too costly for what we did as a non-profit organization. So in our search for a better provider, we found DaCast to be the best solution for our needs at a great rate. With flexible plans based on bandwidth, and the ability to make unlimited events, for us, this works great! Now we can continue to make our 24/7 streaming available to our audience thanks to DaCast.

Cons

The only thing we did not like was that DaCast did not have their own broadcaster box to connect to our Sony Camera to stream directly from our camera to the live event. We had to use our computer to stream and eventually found a third party broadcasting box solution that integrates with DaCast streaming service.

Response from DaCast

Replied May 2019

Hello Lawrence! It is great to read your review, I really appreciate the fact that you have a full use of our 24/7 support. DaCast will keep on supporting you and provide you with a scalable solution at the best prices! Best streaming.

KENFACK from INNOV DEV

Industry: Broadcast Media

I am very satisfied with Dacast

Pros

The service is very good, no issues, good qualities of video.

Cons

The service is only based on data consummed, it will be nice to also have a part of a service based on the numbers of users connected simultaneous. No promotion at the end of year like this.

Response from DaCast

Replied November 2018

Hi Kenfack, Many thanks for your review. Have you tried our real time analytics feature that gives you the number of simultaneous views on your video content? Feel free to contact us if you mean something else, we would be happy to take your advice into account. Talk to you soon!

Dubravko from Tele-5 d.o.o.

Amazing platform

I'm using it for 3 years now and I'm fully happy with DaCast! Value for money is the best that I was able to find, setting up only took few minutes and I'm using it for streaming TV program for 3 years without any problems.

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, stable and support is always ready to provide assistance

Cons

I would suggest only few modification on user interface (website) in order to have the most useful options in a single page.

Response from DaCast

Replied June 2019

Hi Dubravko! Thanks a lot for your review, we all enjoy your support. Happy streaming!

Drew from Cummings Entertainment Group, Inc.

Every streaming and hosting service should run as smoothly as Vzaar.

Pros

Ease of use. the software interface has a natural progression, instructions and samples in laymen's terms. In the years I have been using Vzaar, I can count on this software to deliver my needs to customers without fear of malfunctioning. Customer support is always knowledgable and reactive in a timely manner.

Cons

analytics could be a little more user friendly, and a trending function should be added. Software support should be 24/7

Jason from Self Employed

The Pits TV

DaCast has allowed us to deliver content to people from al over the world in a very reliable way. I had used another provider but they were short of terrible. Big ups to the team from DaCast!!!!!

Pros

We started using DaCast just over a year ago and I cannot fault the product for reliability and ease of use. I find the prior comments are a true reflection on just how good this product is. Its stable, its fast and it works very very well. We streamed over 40 events over the last year with no glitches or issues from our outside broadcast vehicle. We strongly recommend to the people who have not posted favorable comments to take a very close look at their set ups before tagging the blame to DaCast. Although I have used the online support, I found that their level of expertise is not ideal, but have brilliant contact.

Cons

the only concern I have is it really does require multiple currencies as dealing in U.S Dollars doesnt work to well where we are from. However, I understand that this is being worked on as we speak.

Response from DaCast

Replied September 2018

Thank you Jason for this review, we will let you know as soon as multiple currencies is available. Talk to you soon!

Michael from DFTV Network

Happy Broadcaster!!!

Over all since signing up with Dacast my business has grown, I have more options and my personal wireless software works excellent

Pros

The software allows me option in monetizing my streaming or PPV

Cons

Not much, but if there was an improvement I would say, “The Promo Code Process” Simplify

Response from DaCast

Replied May 2019

Hey Michael! Pleased to read your review. Thanks a lot, and be sure that we are taking your point about the promo-code! We will try to improve it in a recent future. Happy streaming!

Cory from Stylez, the hair app

Best customer service, never downtime, easy UX. THE best service we've used of the 10 we've tried.

Pros

It's actually better and cheaper than competitors. It works perfectly across ALL devices. And again - the customer service is unparalleled.

Cons

As they improve the service so often, there were two times it I had to change the BIT rate of our videos to play quickly when not on wifi. However, their service was excellent so it was always fixed quickly and easily. Not bad for four years of service!

Barry from Power TV Australia

Pros

DaCast is easy to use and provides a great, dependable and very stable stream for my online TV station.

Cons

Does not provide a schedulable 24/7 playout for setting up a traditional TV-style station

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

DaCast gave me the most dependable and steady stream for live broadcasts.

Response from DaCast

Replied November 2019

Hey Barry! Happy to read that, thanks a lot for your comment! We take the comment for the TV style playout

Jostein from Kongsberg Skisenter

The whole package

We're streaming network cameras in a ski resort, live 24/7.

Pros

Intuitive controlpanels and very easy to set up with support for practically everything that streams. Dacast has had no downtime we can remember either. Customer support 24/7 and extremely helpful. The customer support went above and beyond for us one day helping us with encoder software, which they don't have to do.

Cons

There is a big gap between their low data plan and medium data plans, specifically something targeted at people who stream alot but doesnt monetize their streams.

Response from DaCast

Replied January 2019

Hi Jostein, Thank you for your review. We have noted your comments about our different plans and we are going to make some changes this year on this. Happy streaming!

Marie from Coral Park Elementary School, Dade County Public Schools

Best Service Out There

The service has been great for our school. We are able to broadcast seamlessly our morning announcements. Our teachers are happy and the students are enjoying the news in the morning.

Pros

What I liked the most about this service was the ease to install and daily use. Program dashboard is clear and easy to understand.

Cons

Very little that is bad. Sometimes maybe only 3-4 times in the 2years I've had the software or service has it not streamed successfully.

Response from DaCast

Replied November 2018

Thank you very much Marie for your review, we are very happy to contribute to the well-being of your teachers and students.

Steven from St. Michael's Country Day School

Dacast Review

We have a strong arts program with a number of live performances throughout the year. We stream those events to family friends and relatives of our students who live too far away to attend. The streams have been well received, and offers a unique opportunity for our more technically oriented students to be involved with the productions in a different way.

Pros

The online video presentation was was very good and simple to access by our viewers. Also, because we have a limited hardware budget, it was important that Dacast archived the stream as it was broadcast, so that we could pick it up later for post-production and sharing with the school community.

Cons

Setting up the connection was a little tricky, and the preview window opens by default with the sound muted which led me to believe there was a problem when there wasn't.

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

I tested the software and was pleased with the initial tests. Also, as a small independent school, our budget is tight. We'll broadcast about 8 productions a year, and we were able to purchase a subscription at a reasonable price to meet our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Dacast

They went out of business.

Response from DaCast

Replied December 2019

Thank you Steven for your experience. It is definitely an important comment! We'll look into how to make the experience even better when you set up the platform! Best!

Ken from Ken Hood Services, LLC

Excellent customer support! Cost, features, and support are the reasons to consider them.

I migrated away from Wistia (a fine company) to VZAAR. Why? Because VZAAR doesn't charge per video. I host over 400 smaller-sized videos and growing. That's a big bill at 25 cents per video at Wistia. So that was a "good enough" reason to change. But here's what I found in VZAAR that was a pleasant surprise during their free trial: AMAZINGLY EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. The chat support was phenomenal. The response times were excellent. They were patient as I learned and navigated their admittedly more complex UI. There are some things that Wistia (or others) may do slightly better. For now. But for SUPPORT... VZAAR wins the day. I highly recommend VZAAR to anyone looking for rock-solid hosting, fast performance, fair pricing, mature hosting features, and excellent support. Try them out for free for 30 days. You won't be disappointed.

Pros

Cost and features. Also, some of the best support I've ever received. Amazingly powerful and versatile.

Cons

The back-end UI is in need of updating. But once I got used to it, it was not a deal-killer at all. Don't let the initial appearance of the back-end scare you off.

Raido from MIND OÜ

DaCast Review

good

Pros

reliability of streaming out - usually no issues

Cons

not understanding, whats the max bitrate that could be used from input streams. Using 3 input streams, playing out them in player, 5mbps 3 mbps and 1 mbps, stuttering begins. Dropping the middle, 3mbps stream, makes all working fine again - so there must be some limits. Which sucks.

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2019

Hey Raido! Thanks a lot for your comment. It is great that you say that there are no issues with our services, even greater that you point out the max bitrate situation. I suggest you take the time to ask our support, and if they are not sure about the answer, they will get a specialized engineer to answer you!

Ken from City of Pocatello

A great service for the price.

DaCast has been reliable and easy to use.

Pros

DaCast has a great price point for entry for an organization which needs reliable streaming, but doesn't anticipate using a huge amount of bandwidth.

Cons

The analytics are not very full featured.

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

We liked that bandwidth rolls over, so unused gigs this month go toward next month. That gives us a cushion when we have a stream that gets a lot of views.

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2019

Hi Ken, Thank you very much for your review. We're happy that our platform answers your streaming needs. Regarding the analytics, please let us know what you would like to see and we can see if it is possible to implement it.

There Are Better Simpler Products Out There

Too much time/resources spent for the value. Would not recommend.

Pros

I liked the fact that DaCast allows streamers to add a Paywall option.

Cons

The software is advanced and requires additional downloads. Not very user friendly. If you're testing the free trial, don't even try to add a PayWall option. There is no payout option. Payouts are only provided for subscription customers. Was too complicated for our teams budget. We would get the same desired effect using more Audience-Friendly platforms (Facebook Live, Livestream). Have tested other options, and this was by far the most complex with the least benefit.

Response from DaCast

Replied February 2019

Hello anonymous reviewer! I am very concerned about your review, as I do not believe you have spent enough time on our platform (our free trial being only 30 days) to get a hold on it. For your information: unfortunately we do not have a payout option for our free trials, that is mainly to prevent frauds. As a free trial is by its essence, free, we cannot take the risk of people streaming and making pay for a fraudulent content without our approval! Hope you understand :) Also, not true, DaCast is a 100% SAAS software and you do not require any additional download. I would really enjoy understanding what you need the streaming for. As Facebook Live does not have a paywall feature, as Livestream is pricing more than we do (their paywall is costly and is an additional download), and as you look to have a tight budget, do not hesitate to give us your exact needs, so we can discuss it and see how we can help. Best streaming!

Erik from Minnesota Public Radio

Lowered video streaming costs and improved quality with DaCast

Low cost video streaming solution

Pros

The cost of DaCast is much lower than other video streaming CDNs. Instead of a high monthly rate, we buy streaming data usage each year, and haven't gone over our data rate. For organizations that need a private streaming solution, DaCast is a great option.

Cons

The delay is higher than with YouTube. We experience about a 45 second delay on the roundtrip from our encoder, up to the cloud, and back to the streaming player. For most things we do, this hasn't been a problem, just something to be aware of.

Response from DaCast

Replied December 2017

Hi Erik, Thank you for your review, we enjoy doing business with you! Please note that we have a low latency streaming solution available (10s latency in average) starting Pro plans and above. Feel free to reach out to your account executive to discuss it if you're interested (we have on-going promos so that could be a good timing). Have a great week end and talk to you soon. Elise Product & Marketing Manager

We love DaCast

Their service is amazing. Always available when we need it.

Pros

DaCast has allowed our business to scale our live streaming needs to 100 schools across the state of Nebraska.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Everything we've had issues with has been fixed immediately.

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2018

Thank you Taylor! Always a pleasure to work with you :)

Maria from Haztebombero

El peor servicio recibido en mucho tiempo

Pésima

Pros

Nada. Hay múltiples plataformas mucho mejores y con mejor servicio de cara al cliente.

Cons

- El sistema que tienen de pagos - He tenido varios problemas con ellos en clase en directo donde no han sabido resolver el problema de forma inmediata y, además, no he recibido ni un solo mensaje de disculpa. - Me di de baja y a los meses me pasaron un recibo anual.

Reasons for Choosing Dacast

Porque el equipo informático creía que era la mejor opción.

A great partner to work with!

Best value for the money. Kudos to the great team.

Pros

A dedicated team who is working hard on making life easier for the content owners. They offer a very simple and intuitive platform where you can easily start streaming your event or video across all platforms and devices. The integrated Paywall is another plus as you can start monetizing your content in no time. Last but not least their pricing structure is straight forward and flexible enough so that can be used by everyone, from very small publishers to big clients who have daily live streams with a big audience who expect nothing but the best in quality.

Cons

Can’t think of any since their support team is doing a great job in helping with any issues a client comes through.

Response from DaCast

Replied January 2019

Happy to read this review, our team is working hard to help our customers 24/7 :)

Aldo from AficionadoSports

This platform gave me the freedom to use my own creativity without using a name other people brand.

Pros

I like the very fast uploading, easy coding & how simple it was made for people to use. The other things I like is how fast I get a response when I need assistance & the different choices you have for posting your videos. Vzaar gives you decent plans to choose from and the prices are very competitive when you looking for an affordable video platform with many features included.

Cons

I only wish the player itself had alternative button styles for the playback mode. The player could use a little improvement in its fashion. While it already gives you different colors to choose from, adding a little fun and flavor to the play button could be a great way to deliver our videos to our customers. I already have made the suggestion for this improvement but to this day I haven't received a favorable answer.

David from Media International Service

Industry: Broadcast Media

Good solution for any TV channel

Overall I’m happy

Pros

Easy and fast setup. And also affordable prices.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to login to watch, if system is on subscription based video.

Response from DaCast

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your review David! Regarding our subscription system, we are currently upgrading it so you should have a good surprise very soon :)

Anant from Bvm software solutions

Best video streaming experience

The overall experience is amazing and I will refer others..one of the best thing it is very reasonable and value for money

Pros

Backend has various facilities and easy to use as per admin prospective whereas streaming is very fast and happy with the performance

Cons

I don't find anything,we need to think again

Response from DaCast

Replied January 2019

Hi Anant, Thank you for your review, happy to read it and to keep working with you on the growth of your business. Happy streaming !

Alan from Congregation of Saint Joseph

We have used Vzaar for several years and the service has performed extremely well.

Easy way to provide feedback to vendors

Pros

The system is solid and works without issue. Vzaar automatically handles distribution and plan on multiple platforms without any additional user intervention. It is flexible in distributing to various viewing groups with minimal effort.

Cons

Upload and encoding speeds are good but I would like it to be faster. The speeds have increased dramatically over the years that I have been using Vzaar.

Lance from Woodland Baptist Church

Dacast Works Great

We do not have to worry if our livestream will work each week. Dacast always comes through.

Pros

Dacast makes it easy for us to stream our worship services live. When we have a problem (which is very rare), the technical support staff are extremely helpful.

Cons

I have no complaints. Dacast works great for us.

We wanted more features.

Response from DaCast

Replied December 2019

Thanks a lot for your comment! It is so nice to read that our product works for you! That is our main goal and main desire!

Phill from Agnew Road Baptist Church

DaCast Web Conferencing Review

Overall it's positive and worth the small amount we're paying - We like the ability to embed, customize, and analyze that a "free" service wouldn't provide.

Pros

It is easy to use and setup. The real-time data feedback is helpful during streaming as well. Customization players and making it easy to embed on our website has given a good end user experience.

Cons

Clients sometimes randomly drop connection on Sunday AM services, but some still stay connected. Possibly not enough storage space with our plan so may have to store recorded services elsewhere or delete old ones.

Response from DaCast

Replied November 2018

Hi Phill, We are grateful to hear you're happy with our services. If you have any additional suggestions that would improve your experience, please share them with our support team and we will take them into account. Happy streaming!

Giuseppe from Zerouno Srls

Industry: Publishing

A great service at a competitive price

Pros

DaCast is definitely the ideal solution for those who want to do serious streaming, has an infinite number of solutions, assistance is excellent, and I've never had a problem, uploading videos is very simple, create a live channel too. Recommended

Cons

Sometimes I notice that loading the control panel is slow

Response from DaCast

Replied September 2018

Thank you Giuseppe, it is always a pleasure to work with you.

Timothy from City of Troy, Ohio

Works all the time, every time!

We use Dacast to stream our City Council meetings. With the pandemic, we aren't having too many meetings in the council chambers, but it still gets used occasionally. Once things return to normal, we'll stream 6-10 meetings a month.

Pros

The Dacast streaming solution is very easy to implement. The quality is fantastic and we have had no issues streaming our council meetings.

Cons

We really have no complaints. The service has been wonderful!

Oscar from Engimia

Excellent technology

Security in my videos.

Pros

Its multiple adaptation for the html5 player, the blocking of the player through the url, the personalization of its interface among many other things.

Cons

The cost is very high compared to its competitors. They charge you for things that are not clear, the bandwidth traffic for example is very expensive.

Pierre-Henri from webikeo

Good techno and support

Pros

Dacast is a robust and scalable solution, which in our case allows us to ensure high quality webinars. The most important point for our team is the technical support, because we made custom developments, so we often asked questions to the Dacast team.

Cons

we are using an encoder to run Dacast. this encoder proves to be relatively complicated to manipulate.

Response from DaCast

Replied October 2018

Thank you Pierre-Henri for your review. Please let us know which encoder you use so we can see if we have any additional material that could help you. Talk to you soon!

Julia from Petite Richardiere

Successfully been using the platform for several years now as value-add service to my clients

Increased client satisfaction

Pros

As someone new to live streaming events nearly 3 years ago, I found Dacast to be the right tool to help me on my learning curve. It's easy to implement and their customer service (chat only for our plan, but responsive and helpful) has been indispensable. I now work with clients to get their events and content broadcast live and it been a win-win for my small business.

Cons

As a small business with no streaming experience, the initial set-up required a bit of homework on my part to understand different components of the process. Though not available when I was getting started, their blog posts from recent years help fill in those gaps that others might have.

Gene from Saint John Paul ii church

Good

Overall, we are very pleased. We’ve been using this software for almost 2 years and have a very professional product we put out to our parishioners which we are very proud of.

Pros

Customer service is exceptional. We like the options in the software package that helped make our decisions easier and our product more professional.

Cons

Being part of a religious organization, none of us volunteers were experts and so the initial setup was challenging, but tech support was awesome

Solid live streaming solution which could be easier to use

Pros

Could be a great solution for many organizations looking for an HTML 5 device agnostic solutions that offers low-latency streaming . The ability to add a paywall is very cool, but not something I tested in the trial or would use in my industry. But can see it being an amazing option for webinar creators.

Cons

Being a live streaming profession this wasn't much of an issue for me, but the software is not something I suggest for a newer streamer. Or at least it will take some time to get used to it. I tested it when evaluating other streaming platforms and there are certainly more convenient and easier to use solutions.

Response from DaCast

Replied April 2019

Hello dear user! Thank you your very professional point! It is great to hear that. We also are taking your "Cons" point in consideration as we are currently working on a future and better User Experience for our platform! Thanks a lot.

Michael from Elite Strategic Training

Great customer service and flexible!

I have used other companies in the past and they would not work with my specific needs - VZAAR did! They helped customize my account for what I needed when it did not fit into a specific plan.

Pros

There are many things I like about Vzaar. A few of them are flexible accounts, price, service, easy dashboard navigation, and many technical options.