Browse OneStream Reviews

Eduardo from Search Optics

Lives that are not lives - great idea

It is the only plataform that I know that does Instagram lives well. I highly recommend this tool if you do live streams.

Pros

The concept is very good and the execution just works. You record a video and it streams in the scheduled time so the audience views it as a live. They also added true live streaming so this is a great product.

Cons

There's no studio like other streaming platforms. So you need to use a third party streamer. That's ok if you know how to setup RMTPs.

Marcius from Rizzo SEO

The best for pre-recorded streaming

OneStream's best use-case is for pre-recorded streams that you can schedule - Set them and forget them. In fact, you can even see this from their plans, if you want to go 'real live', the Real-Time Multi-casting feature is only available from the 3rd plan. Depending on what you want to do, you can start with the free plan, which is great for 1 scheduled stream for one platform. You want multiple schedules, multiple platforms at the same time, and videos longer than 5 minutes, you'll need to get on their paid plans. 5 Minute scheduled live video is a great starting point to test the platform, and even if you want to send a short ad as "live stream" every day, can be useful. You just need to manually schedule it daily. You also get the option to stream not only to Facebook pages, but also to your own Facebook profile and also Facebook groups - a big one, in my opinion.

Pros

44 social media platforms at once - this is something that impressed me, because it doesn't just have obscure, unknown platforms, but large ones like Steam, ViewStub, and hey, if needed - OnlyFans... So obviously you wouldn't use all of them, maybe many aren't in your niche, but there are plenty of general ones that you'll find useful. The interface is clean and easy to use, divided in 3 important sections - pre-recorded streams, real-time streams and upcoming schedules. You also have a place where you upload all your pre-recorded videos and a place where you connect with your social media platforms. Neatly organized, which I really appreciate. You can schedule multiple live streams of the same video if you'd like and can even go up to 8 hrs max per recorded stream (in their Pro plan). That's a huge benefit and unlocks a lot of use-cases like creating a collage of your previous videos, or if you're in the podcasts, streaming multiple podcasts like a radio show. The potential for this is huge. All streams work flawlessly, without any lag or interruption. You also get a unified live chat, where from a single page you'll see all viewers' incoming messages, comments & replies from all the platforms platforms. It's a life saving feature. Another key feature that I like is the embed player, which makes it easy to get it on my website to create a webinar-like event. You also get a mobile app.

Cons

The offered file storage is pretty low. If you have multiple videos that are 8 hours long, that really eats up your storage fast. Maybe even your whole storage if it contains a lot of details, but even normal slide videos eat up a lot of storage. Also 5 GB max video file size if you upload it directly. If you want larger file size you need to upload from Cloud (think dropbox) - the only problem is that I don't have so much storage for their supported cloud platforms. The 8 hour long function also seems to need more work. I see the quality in music is lower. I don't upload music videos, but have music here and there inside a normal powerpoint presentation video, and it seems the quality is affected, so I don't know if someone who streams music videos or music would be able to use the 8 hour long function without issue.

Reasons for Switching to OneStream

OneStream is perfect for making pre-recorded videos go live, on a schedule, to multiple platforms. It has the most destination platforms of them all, yet I don't use all of them. Over the year and a half of using OneStream, I saw multiple improvements and bug fixes, while with Videolinq I hardly saw any improvement. Restream is a strong competitor, which is more popular, but if you want to remove their branding, you need to pay almost 3x more, plus they have other inconvenient limits.

Kelly from Shurgot Beauty

Multiply yourself on social media

Overall, OneStream really helps me to maximize my time. However, they do have a few glitches when it comes to integrating with Facebook and other social media platforms. I've had videos scheduled and because of an update, the stream has failed. Which caused me to look like I wasn't keeping my word for my team by streaming at a time I said I would. When I contacted customer service, they did say it was a Facebook issue but compensated me for my loss.

Pros

OneStream allows me to pre-record my content and push it to my social media platforms "live" when I choose. This system allows me to be in 2 or more places at once! It makes it super easy to record, upload, and schedule my video content.

Cons

I have many social media groups and platforms. OneStream limits how many at a time I can keep in the system. If you have more than 25 groups, you have to upgrade, even if you are only doing one or two videos for each group once. It takes a little time to connect the groups and then delete them after you're done.

Hue from Arctic Fox Studio

Untrustworthy Company

Pros

If they deliver the features that they promise, I would know.

Cons

One Stream Live is a company that provides live streaming services. They have recently tried to charged early adopters for their unified chat feature. They retracted the idea because we complain to their support and the message got to their management. What's even worst, they decided to charge for the upcoming studio feature too. These two features, unified live chat, and their upcoming studio feature, was the reason why early adopters supported their launch. Their [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and company representative told the early adopters if they pay for Professional plan, that both features would be available when they are release. One Stream Live messed up and asked for more money for a feature that they never should have charged for in the first place. They're like the contractors that told you to sign the agreement so they can get the job. Then as they're working on the job, they tell you need to pay more to complete the job. One Stream Live is a bunch of people who are not trustworthy. They will say anything to get your money and change their minds in the process. Do not ever give them your business. If you want to start live streaming on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook or any other platform, then I recommend you look elsewhere.

Response from OneStream Live

Replied July 2021

Hello, OneStream Live is loved and trusted by thousands of customers as evident from all the other reviews. All the features that were added to pre-recorded videos were made available to Appsumo customers e.g embed player, playlist streaming multicasting etc. The unified chat feature was also made available to Appsumo customers as soon as we realized it was a mistake by development team. Studio will be a separate product of company (it is not released yet) and it was never part of the Appsumo deal. We have written agreement with Appsumo with this specific clause. There were no promises made about studio. It is a new product and company has the right to sell it the way it wants. Any new features added to pre-recorded streaming will always be available for Appsumo users for free as promised (unless of course they are add-ons, which are same of all users).

Michael from Valor Media

We Use OneStream Regularly for a Reason

Overall, their customer service has been awesome! I like the ease of use, the simple interface, and that you can schedule out video content as a live stream. I don't like that if you're going live, the overlays are not available. I'm hoping they change this as well as grandfathering those who purchased the lifetime deal into the studio feature and other upcoming features.

Pros

We mainly use OneStream Live for scheduling pre-recorded live streams. It handles this beautifully and even allows you to have a custom overlay. I like that it's been fairly easy to use and schedule to multiple social media accounts. Also, customer service has been great with helping within the hour if I run into an issue. Really, their customer service is high above many other software companies I'm used to.

Cons

I don't like that you only get one overlay to choose from or that it gets difficult to schedule two Facebook profile accounts at the same time. I also don't like that their soon-to-be-released studio feature is up in the air for those who bought into the lifetime access of the product, meaning those who bought the lifetime deal don't know if they will be grandfathered into their newest feature. There's another lifetime event software that I use that grandfathered us into their studio feature so I'm hoping OneStream Live does good by their lifetime users and considers grandfathering us in as well.

Ericka from Subconscious Self

Streaming with Help

It works, the programs very rarely tells me no! LOVE that!

Pros

I LOVE that I get to: - Live Stream / Schedule pre recorded as live! - Use RTMP / OneStream stream key! - Choose which social platform I stream to! - Unified chat! - Getting help right away from their customer service via chat and Zoom! - No upload file limited!

Cons

I've been using OneStream every week for a almost one year now. I've needed to ask for help twice now and both time they were simple fixes, but I couldn't see the answers for myself. They didn't laugh at me they just helped me get where I needed to go. I would love for them to already have their studio, but I'm gonna wait!

Reasons for Choosing OneStream

I had missed the ReStream deal from AppSumo. (Still kinda sad) BeLive came along, but I couldn't use my virtual background. (Still can't) Then OneStream came! I got 2 codes, the professional plan! (Great deal) I couldn't afford what I wanted to do with ReStream, but I could do most of it with OneStream! (Hooray!) Then BeLive offered RTMP! So, now I hook up BeLive's RTMP with OneStream! I use BeLive studio and OneStream omni channel streaming abilities. So, it's not one over the other. With RTMP and Stream Keys I can use many products with OneStream! Next up using OneStream with Airmeet! OneStream never tried to stop me from using other programs with theirs, they've been very helpful with my stream career! So, I praise OneStream when ever I get a chance!

Juan from Juan on One Coaching, LLC

Cool Way to Stream and Engage Your Audience Without a Team

Thus far, I'm testing it and seeing how I could use it. I like the simplicity of connecting profiles and be able to schedule lives for personal and business pages (Facebook). There's also an option to connect Instagram with a workaround which is helpful. At this time, it's difficult to know who to recommend it to but this will change as I use it more often.

Pros

I got access via a lifetime offer made through AppSumo. What I like about this platform is that it allows me to pre-record a session and then present it as a live streaming which gives greater visibility than upload the video directly to the platform. The pre-recording helps me because I can then be live as a commenter and engage with my audience if needed. Evidently, you want to be transparent in the video that things are pre-recorded.

Cons

The real-time live streaming feature got added later and it's only available in the mid and top tier plan which forces one to have something like Streamyard to go real-time live streaming. I think the limit on accounts and multicasting are a little low because I'm forced to come back to the platform every few days to schedule several videos instead of doing it in batches.

Ross from J R World Travel TV

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

At this point there is only Onestream that is the Leader

Out standing in every professional way. Always helpful.

Pros

The Staff that listen to our needs and make things happen

Cons

Too much space between areas of the software to have scroll too in schedule.

Steven from The Black Podcast App LLC

Pros

Everything about the software. Great customer service.

Cons

Go live utilizing the OneStream mobile app.

Joe from Friends of the Ocala Public Library

Great product and support

Pros

I run an annual fundraising event that, because of COVID, had to move online. So I have about 20 short videos that I wanted to schedule to run on Facebook Live over the course of a day. I found OneStream and it worked perfectly last year. I needed help setting it up again this year and customer support was great. First we chatted, then we had a Zoom meeting where [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through the steps. There are a lot of moving pieces between Facebook and OneStream, so the excellent customer support is key.

Cons

There are a lot of moving pieces between Facebook and OneStream, so excellent customer support is key

Leigh Ann from MK

I don't know how I ever lived without OneStream. It allowed me to grow my business by over 300%.

Pros

The freedom that I have to batch record videos and schedule them to be live when they are most effective. I also love that I can reuse the same video over and over instead of constantly having to repeat my presentation.

Cons

I wish there was a feature similar to Webinar Jam where people could sign up for a class, and get a customized email follow-up after. I wish they could just watch the class on a webpage instead of having to be streamed into a social media platform.

Must tool for regular live streamers

Pros

Helps me multicast to my lives both live and pre-recorded Very easy to set up just referred the help docs and was quick Support response time is very good I can easily record my live via the onestream mobile app and then schedule it easily Has generous number to social accounts I can add, can have multiple Instagram, Facebook, Youtube accounts can even stream to Facebook groups Makes streaming very easy as don't have to worry about stream FPS rate

Cons

That as of now I cannot go live directly from my Onstream app without using zoom or other live streaming tools like OBS

Great Support - very kind

Pros

Great Support - very kind - they helped me setting up

Cons

takes a bit to get used to it, but you can

Emily from Lilyfield

Loved this product!

Loved the product! It worked really well for our organizations purpose of streaming a video instead of having an in-person event during COVID-19.

Pros

We used this product for one month because we had an online virtual event and this product worked very well for streaming a live video on both Facebook and Instagram.

Cons

It was a bit of a learning curve for me. I had to have someone I know that has worked with the product before to walk me through everything to make sure I did it right for our live event.

Mariela from Hispanic Arts Society

Not compassionate people

Bad experience from the human point of view

Pros

It's a great product but these are not compassionate people. My subscription was renewed a few hours before I cancelled the service. Due the current crisis situation our not-for-profit organization hasn't been able to produce events. I talked to the customer service and they were not able to provide a refund of the money they charged the same day I requested the cancellation. These people are not sensitive and never will put themselves in other people's shoes.

Cons

Customer service was not of much help. They have canned responses and never show the intention to fix the issue.

Ahmad from NIA

Very bad policy and bad customer service

I do not recommend it

Pros

Multiple options, like you can stream with many platforms

Cons

Customer service and policy is very unprofessional, pro profit! They value initial money more than you as a customer!