What are Brainier LMS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Brainier LMS software through verified user reviews

• icon"Help desk staff is friendly, helpful and responsive. The system is easy and straightforward for administrators as well as end users."
  • icon"I like how easy it is to use. It is very fluid and user friendly, so I and many of my colleagues have picked it up quickly."
  • icon"I have used this during the onboarding process and found it very user friendly. On the administrative side, I utilize it to send learning assemssments after educational courses."
  • icon"Setup was very difficult and confusing. Communication with our HR company and Brainier could have been better."
  • icon"You can't tailor the look and feel of the page that employees land on. It can appear a bit noisy."
  • icon"Similar to all LMS options, there isn't much flexibility with how to organize the entire set of courseware available."

Browse all Brainier LMS Reviews

• Have you used Brainier LMS and would like to share your experience with others?

Eric

Brainier LMS Gets the Job Done

I value the relationship our organization has with Brainier. They have been a superb business partner. Their LMS product works for our needs and also provides a number of features that fall outside of our scope. Their interest in listening to their clients is apparent. Our input seems to matter. We will continue to work with Brainier to achieve our training needs.

Pros

This LMS has many features that make it easy for users and administrators to use the system to produce the best results. The Student portal of the LMS is fantastic. It is very intuitive and consistent with other web platforms.

Cons

As with many LMS(s), the administration portal could be designed to be a little simpler to use. It seems like there are sometimes too many steps to accomplish a simple task. Some of the features feel complicated where they could designed in a more streamlined and logical manner.

Dawn

Big fan of the Brainier LMS!

At this moment, I don't have many cons...sometimes the cons are that I want something that isn't out there...as long as they are looking into what I want, that's all I can hope for. I have made choices that turned out to be not so great after a while...using the Brainier LMS is NOT one of those. I am still happy with it, still excited about it, and look forward to it's growth that brings our Company to a better place.

Pros

You can't speak of the LMS without talking about it's ease of use. It's the number one thing for users! It has to be easy enough for people to use so you don't spend all of your time walking people through managing their learning all of the time. The second thing...reporting! I get 95% of what I need out of the static reports and it provides me with numbers hat we couldn't get before. Yes, other LMS platforms may offer the same thing but these seem so easy...ties into the ease of use. Third, the implementation team, the help desk, and the sales team...these people are real people and do their absolute best to help in any way that you ask. They are never insulting when the problem is actually me. I trust them wholeheartedly to help me understand and work through what I need to. Having the freedom to personalize the experience is great. All my wants or concerns are considered and I have a platform for them to be reviewed... I enjoy the product and the people and look forward to a continued partnership and the evolution of the system which improves all of the time! And that Groupings tab is awesome...saved us a rewrite of our group structure! That's a big deal!

Cons

Cons...there are some improvements that could be made. I personally have a hard time with the custom reports, could be just me but I think there could be some improvement there. There are some little things like being able to delete things?! I fully understand why they don't have that feature but how about a "hide" or something, just to make it cleaner...we do make mistakes. I wish the lists would keep the filters on, like if I am looking at 100 users or objects per page, I keep having to select that...just keep the 100 or maybe just keep whatever my last choice was, idk. Sometimes I want more data in the static reports, like the "Tag" (I'll add that to the forum).

Cheryl

So far, so good

Pros

A company I do work for just started using this LMS. So far, we like it. It is great because you can build your courses directly into the LMS, or import if you would rather.

Cons

There is an opportunity to improve the graphics. You can't tailor the look and feel of the page that employees land on. It can appear a bit noisy.

Reasons for switching to Brainier LMS

Too many problems with Silk Road.

Response from Brainier

Hi Cheryl, Thanks for the review. I think some of limitations of the system you're experiencing might be role-specific. The Brainier LMS is actually quite "skinnable" as well as flexible in using custom HTML pages. Please reach out to Brainier support at support@brainier.com to clear up these issues. We'd love to show you just how robust The Brainier LMS is.

Replied February 2020

Eric

Easy for Students to Use

Elan is a suitable system for our organization's needs. The working relationship that I have with the Brainier team has been very valuable. I appreciate what they are able to offer and wish them continued success as they grow their customer base.

Pros

The student portal is very simple for our students to access and complete their courses. The user interface is attractive and training records are able to be retrieved easily. Elan meets our needs as our training environment has been put into the spotlight.

Cons

This is the third LMS that i have worked with. The admin side of Elan lacks some of the flexibility that I have experienced with other systems. Some of the logic tied to the admin functionality doesn't seem to align with my needs to administer the system.

Emily

Industry: Industrial Automation

Emily from NGK

We have been attempting to use Brainier LMS for record keeping and although it does everything we need it to, it has been a struggle to implement due to management resistance. We are still working on it though and have made strides in the last 3 years of using it. Overall, we have received exceptional customer service and our questions are always answered quickly and sufficiently.

Pros

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything right now.

Catherine

Industry: Civil Engineering

Helping us grow

Our firm is growing, and Brainier's team has been consulting us throughout the year on ways to adapt our current approach to accommodate our new needs. We are so picky, and they provide thoughtful approaches with each request.

Pros

The newest release has an attractive dashboard with several visual and interactive opportunities. Makes are content look better!

Cons

There are opportunities for refinement that would help our users and admins. Each small feature combined would make a big impact.

Melissa

Brainier Review

We didn't have an LMS prior to using Brainier, so it was a very helpful solution for us in order to manage our training programs and the training records for our Associates. Our account reps are very helpful and responsive when we need anything.

Pros

I love the ability to be able to login as other users to easily see what they can see and check access rights. I also like the format of the screens, with easy to use menus and tiles. The ability to import and mass mark completions is helpful. And the analytics dashboard is a nice tool to have quick visibility to various metrics.

Cons

The reporting could be better. I'm glad there is ability to do custom reports, but it is still limited on what can be done. However we are able to report on everything we need to.

Response from Brainier

Thanks for the review!

Replied September 2019

Willow

Exceeds our needs in a learning management software

Pros

Cons

No complaints. The only suggestion which might make the LMS even more appealing would be to have additional high quality content which would meet our needs in certain areas so that I didn't have to search and vet additional providers.

Elizabeth's Review

The customer support is amazing. Each person that answers the phone when I call is more helpful then the next. No one ever makes me feels rushed

Pros

Compatibility with other programs and ease of use- mobile viewing capabilities

Cons

I like everything. It was hardest to understand the group files but i think that was because of the files on our end.

Great tool for sending assessments and learning modules

Pros

I have used this during the onboarding process and found it very user friendly. On the administrative side, I utilize it to send learning assemssments after educational courses. It is easy to develop content, send via distirbutional lists, and analyze data.

Cons

Don't have any issues for the job I need it to do.

Response from Brainier

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Replied August 2019

Leena

Brainier LMS

Brainier have great support team, great IT team that does all the things that needs to be done. They take advice and try to accommodate your need as much as they can, when they update the software. This is a great team of people who work together in a timely manner.

Pros

This is a very friendly user face and back end administrative software.

Cons

There is no con about this software that I can think of or remember.

Tim

Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to use with fantastic customer support!

All is wonderful.....any cons are minor and not an issue. Carissa Massaro rocks!

Pros

Ease of use by end users, Reporting options, Customer service, Support, Price and value, system upgrades/ updates that are directly from what they hear from system admins / customers - very refreshing!

Cons

Offer more customization choices for look, formats, reporting drill downs, class completions status options....nothing big but I can dicuss more if anyone wants to talk!

Jordan

I recommend Brainier

Great product all around, could not be any happier with it and the Brainier team.

Pros

Interface is very user friendly for users and admins. The process for adding content is very fast and easy.

Cons

Just some small things that cold be fixed such as moving columns around when building custom reports.

Kami

Implementation coming soon

Pros

Brainier seems fairly user friendly and can provides basic ways to create courses. The support we have from our rep has been excellent.

Cons

Other products have a library of template content you can use which is nice to make a professional looking end product.

Ashley

Industry: Food Production

Brainier LMS

We really like that this integrates with UltiPro. It's also been helpful for employee acknowledgements to policies as well as assigning training.

Pros

The customer support is fantastic. We have a designated representative who is responsive and is always there to help us troubleshoot. There are also several format options for delivering training.

Cons

The software isn't designed in a way that makes knowing where to click obvious. Several of our admins struggle with understanding the software works and running reports.

4.45/5 out of 15 reviews