• Pros

• "This product is so amazing! I use it everyday to create things for school! So easy to use and appealing to the eye! "

• "This software is amazing. I love the way it takes the student's scores on tests and makes it easy to read and comprehend."

• "We use this product at my college and I love it!"

• Cons

• "Navigation and initial setup of the individual teacher classrooms can be confusing. It also can be confusing for the students, but once they get it, it's great."

• "While Canvas has been a wonderful software to use, the only issue I faced was the adjustment to the new software and user interface. "

• "Sometimes it was hard to find certain files that were uploaded for use but other than that, it was pretty easy."

Browse Canvas LMS Reviews

Kelly from KLB Design

CANVAS makes higher education accessible anywhere you have an internet connection!

CANVAS is very user-friendly and an all-around excellent way to engage in continuing education and life-long learning. Personally, as an older student, I love using CANVAS.

Pros

While I am unsure of the College's side in using this software, for me, as a student, I love using CANVAS. I enjoy travelling and with an easy-to-use, school-issued/provided LMS (Learning Management System/Software), I can take many classes online from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. The mobile application is robust and incredibly convenient, allowing 99% all-the-same functionality as the desktop version. Students can even take online quizzes and finals using their internet-connected mobile device (Smartphone). It is very user-friendly and an all-around excellent way to engage in continuing education and life-long learning as an older (personally, 42 years) college student.

Cons

The only drawbacks to CANVAS I experienced were a loss of data if the active internet connection broke while in the middle of completing/submitting assignments and quizzes. I know that CANVAS has since implemented an auto-save feature on the quizzes, so that part of the problem is resolved. Whether or not this is true of the assignment submissions, I honestly do not know at this time.

Canvas

I have used Canvas as both a student and a teacher. I have used it to create courses and assignments, grading, submitting assignments, viewing grades, etc. It is a beneficial software for higher education because of all of the resources and tools available. It helps significantly with the organization of a class.

Pros

Once you learn the software, it is easy to use. There are several tools that are beneficial to both students and teachers, such as Speed Grader, TurnItIn for plagiarism checking, inbox, collaborations, etc. I really like that it lines out the schedule for students (syllabus tab), provides a calendar that has the option to display days that assignments are due, a to-do list for each assignment, etc. Teachers have to put the assignments in, ahead of time, for this to be useful to students, but I've been told many times by students that it makes their lives easier by being able to see everything they have coming up. I also love the ARC video uploader. It allows teachers to see statistics on how many students watched the video and how long they actually watched it. It also gives students an option to leave a comment or question at an exact timestamp in the video.

Cons

There are some quirks to Canvas that sometimes require workarounds. An example of this is moderated grading. I have had it somehow get selected, but it does not tell you when it gets selected. Once one student submission has been graded, it will not allow you to turn off moderated grading. You have to go through the process of moderated grading before it will even show grades or comments to students. The inbox also sometimes hides my emails in the spam folder in my Outlook account. It does not do that constantly, but every now and then I will get an email from a student wondering why I haven't responded to an email. I usually find it in my spam folder.

Samridh from TSI Incorporated

Canvas as a student user

Compared to Moodle, I like Canvas much better. It is very much focused and geared towards enhancing the student's learning experience.

Pros

I have been using canvas regularly for all my graduate classes. It has been the epicenter/hub for the instructor and all other students to come together and create a intuitive learning environment. Things I really like with canvas: - Discussions and Help Forums It's so easy to post questions in canvas and ask the professor and other students for help or clarifications. my graduate classes are pretty demanding and requires lot of back and forth with the instructor. But imagine if every student asked the instructor the same questions over and over again. On canvas I can see other student's questions and responses so it's like big FAQ hub. - Easy to navigate Contents All of the contents such as lecture slides, videos, homeworks, grades etc are in one location under different tabs. It has been organized properly and I don't have to click 100 times to get tot the page I want. - Interaction with other students I think this is what differentiates Canvas from moodle and what I have used in the past. This platform is very much student geared and student centered. It is there to help students interact with each other and learn from each other.

Cons

Canvas is not perfect though if you are not an expert user or instructor. - Many times instructors said the contents are released but it wasn't - The grades accumulation does not always makes sense - Very much dependent on how the instructor has laid out contents. - Redundant information - Not always user friendly. Does take a while to get adjusted to it

Kush from Arizona State University

Great GUI, nice course introduction, but no start-guide

I am happy to use it. The App is a plus which sends out push-notifications whenever a new homework or grade is posted.

Pros

From Additional Info to Resource to Files it has everything, the professors sends out assignments, labs, and stuff and we can go and download/view directly from the browser. I also like the as-if grade, which will evaluate my grade on any marks I fill in ( which is obviously not the correct grade) but it shows me how much I need to get on my next assignment to get the grade I am achieving.

Cons

It has files, assignments, and announcements and allows to attach image/files everywhere. Also, I think it should provide professors and students who are first time users with a usage guide. One of my profs sends slides and Homeworks on announcements because he is not friendly with how to create assignments and it's frustrating.

David from Hardin-Simmons University

Like a Fine Wine, It Gets Better with Age

Canvas has made online and blended education much less of a hassle for students and teachers. It is simple, elegant, and functional. There is almost NO downtime, which is phenomenal. I highly recommend it above any other LMS. Both students and faculty love using Canvas for online and blended courses.

Pros

Canvas by Instructure has only improved as it has grown. For an LMS, it is easy to learn and use. It has integrations with various other useful software, but I often encourage faculty who have trouble learning software to just use the tools in Canvas. It's easier to navigate and function. The new gradebook promises to make the whole experience even better.

Cons

This is petty, but the thing I like least about Canvas is the rich text editor on content pages. I wish it could handle more drag and drop features, like Squarespace or Wix. That said, it is perfectly fine. It's not that I don't like it, but I like it least.

Reasons for Choosing Canvas LMS

Canvas is easier to use than other options, simpler, more attractive, and better functioning.

Jorge from Pathway Worldwide

Canvas is a hidden gem

I initially did not like it because I came from another LMS that was created by my previous institution that definitely tailored my needs. However, as I learn and create quizzes and assignments in it, I have come to appreciate how simple life can be when using Canvas.

Pros

It is quite user friendly. It allows you to do a lot with it even if you are barely getting familiar with this software. The mobile version is also great for those who love to keep track of their activities and progress on the go.

Cons

The notifications are such a pain! I wish it was more detailed the way to manage all your notifications. There are so many different kinds of notifications! some that are about homework, others about assignments due, some about discussion entries, some others about messages. It would be great if we could handle all of them from the very beginning before receiving a ton of notifications on your phone or email.

Reasons for Choosing Canvas LMS

It fit our needs better and the easiness of use for professors and students

Yousra from UNC Charlotte

Makes school easy

I enjoy it and I look forward to continue using it for my studies!

Pros

Everything is laid out for the user. Class rooms are represented by boxes and colors which is easy to distinguish. Almost immediate feedback when grades are up and can set reminders

Cons

The calendar feature is pretty useless on the app because it is always confusing. It can also be annoying when I am about to finish a timed assignment.

Rahul from Arizona State University

Industry: Computer Hardware

Great tool to manage courses with a good GUI

I have been using Canvas to check into my courses, quizes and grades. I have also used the speedgrader tool when I was a grader and it is pretty convenient and easy to use.

Pros

It allows students to check assignments, grades and converse with professors, TAs and fellow students. Quizes can also be taken and graded on this. It also has speedgrader which allows Graders, TAs and Professors to easily grade assignments. Sends email notifications.

Cons

It is a little bit difficult to use for beginners. The mobile app doesn't have as many features as those present on the website and it is also not able to view certain files, a user has to download them.

Christopher from Telit

Great Student Experience Drives Positive Student Outcomes

A more intuitive and user friendly LMS drives positive outcomes for students and teachers alike.

Pros

A vast improvement to our previous educational software, Blackboard, Canvas provides an understandable and intuitive user interface to navigate the often confusing world of online education. The phone-app consistently works and seamlessly integrates with our SAML, making it easy to access assignments right from our phone.

Cons

At no fault to the software itself, like any great tool it depends on the skill and effort of those who wield it: in this case, the teachers themselves. At its heart, Canvas is a cloud-based file organization or content management system; you're either organized or your not. Proper labels, intuition on what topics deserve their own page or simply a section on pre-existing page go a long way in lessening the cognitive load of the students, and thus driving better educational outcomes.

Canvas is very good

Pretty good , I am developing a project for my institution and i found in canvas the best los in which i can organize my content and at the same time use activities to reinforce my information.

Pros

It is a los that contains all kind of tools to help teachers to develop their classes , I liked the way as you can present your course by modules and you have the opportunity to split your module in units and sections with different activities included in them

Cons

There some tools that are not easy to use , i had to look for external tutorials to learn how to use them , it is a free trial , so i understand there is not a close support .

Sam from Calvin University

My favorite course management software

Overall I'm happy with Canvas. My students use Moodle in most of their other classes, but I'm still holding out... I just think it's a superior product.

Pros

My institution uses Moodle, which I have found to be extremely cumbersome. So a few years ago, I switched to the free-for-teachers version of Canvas, and have never looked back. My favorite specific feature of Canvas is the Speed-grader, which changed my life when I switched from Moodle. I also like the way the online quizzes work. More generally what I like about Canvas is the unified design. Where as open-source course management software feels like a hodgepodge of different options and designs Frankensteined together, Canvas feels like there is a design team actually thinking through the way it should look and operate. I appreciate the flexibility it gives me with regard to the layout of the home page, how I can control what the students see, etc. Also, over the six years that I have used Canvas, I've seen features get improved in response to user suggestions. Always a good thing.

Cons

Like all course management software, there are times when I feel that too much clicking is involved to accomplish basic tasks, or little things that should be possible are not. For example, when making rubrics for assignments, there is no way to shuffle the order of the categories. If you want to add a new line in the rubric between lines 2 and 3, you'd have to delete all the lines after 2 and start over from there. Little things like that, which aren't a huge deal, but sometimes do leave me scratching my head. Also I wish the question banks for quizzes were a little easier to manage.

David from Zynx Health

Canvas is the clear winner

My overall experience with CANVAS has been terrific. It's made me feel more confident as a student, and has saved me valuable time because I can always find exactly what I need for my weekly assignments thanks to its modern-style dashboard and advanced functionality. A true winner for all students, both young and old.

Pros

As a returning student attaining an MBA through an online program at a state university, I spent the first several semesters suffering through Blackboard. Like CANVAS, Blackboard is a learning management system used by today's higher education institutions. However, I always found it to be difficult to navigate and challenging to use. Recently, my university switched to CANVAS. I was nervous at first because, while I was no fan of Blackboard, I feared CANVAS might be worse. Thankfully I was completely wrong. CANVAS features a clean dashboard where all of your courses, assignments, grades, discussion boards, and other online learning tools can easily be accessed. It's extremely user-friendly and I had become a skilled CANVAS user in under an hour. I used to dread accessing Blackboard, but now I welcome accessing CANVAS instead.

Cons

There is literally nothing to dislike about CANVAS. Even those new to online learning will find it simple to use and extremely flexible.

A Fantastic Platform for Team/Class Oriented Organization

Canvas has been a great platform in my career as a student and as an employee. From being able to take quizzes directly on the platform, to getting involved in very thoughtful discussions, Canvas has been something that has facilitated my learning experiences, inside the classroom and in the office. The digitalization of coursework, readings, and writings, has made a positive impact on the environment, and also allows its users to take their work with them wherever they go- as everything is accessible via the mobile app, or through the website on their laptop. This has made the experience absolutely positive for me and those who I have studied and worked with over the years.

Pros

Canvas is a software that I have been using for multiple years now, having used it originally in school, and now in college at Georgetown University while also making use of the software's organizational benefits as an Intern at EY. There are a few aspects of this program that stand out to me as being significantly beneficial. Firstly, Canvas, as a platform, is used for connecting users in an organization (class, work project, team, etc.) under one platform. The administrator (boss, professor, team leader) can then publish documents, quizzes, links, and other files so that its users can all view them, without the need for the administrator to send these files to each user individually. Perhaps the largest pro of a software like Canvas is that, on the same platform where files are published and shared with others, users can also engage in blog posts, discussions, Zoom conferences, and more features; all of which allow them to communicate with and learn from each other while also becoming familiar with any material posted by their boss, team leader, or professor. This synergy is what makes canvas special and unique; it is a one-stop-shop for individuals in an organization to parttake in multiple means of learning, all in the same location.

Cons

Despite being a phenomenal software platform, perhaps one of its downfalls is that, when using CANVAS in school or in college, the dashboard can get relatively messy. When enrolled in many different classes across different semesters, older classes tend to stay on your dashboard and this can make it difficult to keep your new classes a priority at first glance. While this is easy to edit in your Canvas settings, I personally believe this should be something that the user can edit from the homepage. In addition, it would be a large plus to the aspect of organization if users could customize the menu bar on the left side of the website, to only show the tabs they want to see for each class or project (files, modules, pages, discussions, announcements, grades, etc.)

Finally, a student portal that makes you want to learn!

Overall, I'm highly satisfied to have a student portal that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out. The developers clearly did a lot of research and user testing into finding out what features students need, as it still astounds me how complete of an experience the app is. Just about the only major issue with it is that some instructors don't make the most out of its functionality, but that's not really an issue with Canvas itself.

Pros

As a student who used to use Blackboard, I immediately saw Canvas' UI and overall look-and-feel as a huge upgrade. I like that it's based on modern UI design patterns, with features like the sidebar and the single flush column of content. It makes the web app inviting and fun to use for young students like me who are on their phone for most of the day. One relatively minor feature that I greatly appreciate is the in-app PDF previewer, which saves me from wasting time having to download the file or opening it in a new tab and cluttering my workspace. Just this feature alone was enough to show me that Canvas' developers really had the end-user in mind. One last big net positive I want to mention is the integration with the mobile app. It's great! Notifications show up on time and don't duplicate or perform other wonky stuff. Having a seamless experience between desktop and mobile goes a long towards making students like feel in control of their learning.

Cons

While there's a lot to like about the UI, I do have some minor grievances with it in a few places. The one thing that really stands out is how some blue links are clickable but don't actually do anything. For example, discussion threads have a clickable subtitle that shows which Lecture Section they're intended for. If it's for "All Sections", then clicking on it does absolutely nothing. I know this is a minor nitpick, but you would not believe how many times I've ended up accidentally clicking on that link intending to go the discussion board.

Magali from Framestore

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Learn and teach comfortably with Canvas

You can start using this platform for your academic purposes with confidence. In spite of all the above-mentioned disadvantages, generally, the platform works without any serious problem. I’m confident that students who prefer distant learning and the teachers who like online teaching will really appreciate Canvas LMS.

Pros

The platform is very easy and flexible to navigate so, you can be sure that you’ll never be lost while searching for the material you need. Besides, you can add text, upload pictures and videos without difficulty. In addition to this if you know how to work with HTML code you can have the design you like. The next thing that I like about Canvas is that you can communicate with your teacher and fellow students easily. You can send an email to your teacher or start a chat with your classmates. Canvas is used by educational institutions for two purposes: either for creating courses that are taught exceptionally online or for blending the traditional way of teaching with online one. This platform is especially useful for students who always need to find all the material on their course online, including the textbooks, lectures, homework, individual works and of course, their grades and attendance. Canvas makes collaboration between teachers and students more effective and fruitful.

Cons

It is fascinating to know that the Canvas app is available on mobile devices. However, the app needs some improvements because some features are still not available there and notifications sometimes don’t pop up. The platform successfully cooperates and works with third-party vendors. However, I should mention that some programs do not work well and obviously they need to get improvements. And finally, there sometimes some glitches may occur but I wish the platform could work more smoothly.

Site is satisfactory, app needs work

Pros

I've been a full-time student for the past 10 years and all the institutions that I've been attending have used canvas to post grades and make announcements. I have never had any complaints about the online website. It is easy to customize the main page to see exactly which courses you are in and it gives you the ability to arrange them in the order that you see fit, with your most important classes place in the more visible areas of the website. On the right side of the page there is an announcement bar where updates from your professors are easily seen and any new grades that have been posted are showing as well. Canvas also gives the professors the ability to organize students into groups for certain projects and also too give quizzes and tests. Professors also can upload PowerPoints, handouts, and other sources of material, which are easily downloaded through the website which automatically packs all the files, if multiple, into a zip file for your convenience. Overall, I've had a good experience with canvas and I would recommend it to institutions that are looking for a reliable, convenient way to communicate to students and facilitate courses online.

Cons

I don't really have any negative things to say about the software itself. The only issues that I have had are with the app, which I have used both on Android and Apple devices. When clicking on pop-up notifications for new grades being posted or sometimes other announcements, the app opens but it does not take you to the desired notification. When faced with a blank screen, you need to restart the app and manually go to where the notification was trying to direct you.

Joshua from Western Washington University Extended Education

A Revolutionary Aid to Learning

Pros

I have used canvas at both my previous college and my current one which I transferred to, for both classes which were taken entirely on the platform (online classes) and classes where it was used as an aid. The ability to see an up to date schedule for your classes, contact instructors, revisit old modules, submit assignments online, view and respond to instructor feedback... It's completely changed the game. It's become an intrinsic part of my routine to check canvas everyday. You can also customize what alerts you want to see, so if your instructor gives you feedback or sends an alert out you can get an email straight away. The app is also fantastic and very convenient! If you're an instructor and you don't use canvas, I worry that I won't be able to see important changes in time. Plus, feedback is relegated to the old fashioned, penciled in way of the early 2000s. We're better than that now, in no small part due to Canvas, which has genuinely revolutionized the medium learning takes.

Cons

There was one brief time this year where they pushed an update that made it so one of my instructors would see some error message when they clicked on my file submission, even though they were able to successfully download the file. They patched that quickly! Overall, it turns of lasting cons, canvas has tried very hard to become irreplaceable, and they've succeeded. My only problem is when instructors aren't tech oriented, and so don't understand how to set up a course shell, but that's not canvas' fault.

Has its limits, but still the best out there

There is a paid version that you can do too. It's very expensive, and we found it still didn't quite meet our needs. For universities it probably would do the trick, but if you're a small education program, stick with Free for Teacher. Even with its little hassles, Canvas is still the best online classroom you can find out there.

Pros

We use the Free for Teacher edition. When it comes to setting up courses, having assignments, files, students, deadlines, and grades set up, it's pretty simple. Not a lot of trouble getting things put together. You can integrate videos, there's a conference capability called Big Blue Button that allows all the members of the course to video in with each other and you can share screen and everything. It has been a big help allowing our students to have a portal to do their assignments, and connect with everyone in the class.

Cons

One of the nuances to Canvas that is difficult is limiting what teachers can see. By that I mean we have two different types of courses that we run. One is an individual cohort of a few students and a director. The only way to make these closed down to just these members is to create a duplicate of the course and put those members in. Not a terrible thing, but then the courses start to stack up with all the different cohorts you have going. Plus, there's not really a way to have any updates filter down into all the same semester courses. So if we want to make an update on Semester 1, we have to go into each individual course and update it. There's also no way to update deadlines when you copy a course. So I have to change every assignment's due date so it fits in the new semester's timeline. The other kind of course that we have is an open course that anyone can jump into, and then we assign a TA to grade certain students. The problem with this is that there's no way to limit the TA's view of who is in the course. So it shows them that there are dozens of students' work that needs to be graded in their To-Do List and makes it difficult for them to know when their assigned students have actually submitted anything. Haven't been able to find a work around for this yet.

Brittany from JMU

This software has been a great tool that helped me throughout my college career.

I was able to be more organized with my work for school. I am a forgetful person but with the reminders on the side of canvas, it helped me to complete the forgotten assignments. Another benefit was that I learn to time manage my work by seeing the work load I have that for that week. In addition, it also helped me to learn to plan ahead.

Pros

Canvas is a great organizing tool. Some pros include the following: a calendar with due dates, to-do list, easy to use, tabs that is very easy to locate, the what if feature, easy to communicate with teachers, pleasing to the eye, has a mobile app, coming up assignment features, viewing files without downloading them, break down of your grade, and very simple. With this system, I did not have the need to buy a planner to write down all my assignments.

Cons

There is not too much I dislike about the system. Though the system is very organized, if the instructor does not put the files in an organized manner it can be hard to seek the desired files. In addition, there are some times where canvas can be very difficult to use as you have to click different features to get to the desired file. In addition, for the discussion page, it would be super helpful if the reply comments could be in a file with the original comment of the discussion board. In one class, we have weekly discussions and the students of that subjects has to write a powerpoint to explain a character that defines it and the student who did not create that has to write comments for it. At first it was not much but later became very hard to locate the different power point comments due to the immense amount of reply comments.

It's ease of use, mobile experience, and ease of administration outweigh the features it lacks.

We are able to get detailed analytics on use not only from our students but from our instructors. We are able to build customizations utilizing the API. We are now in a hosted solution with a beta server, test server and production server that is maintained and updated every week or 3 weeks depending on the server.

Pros

Canvas from an administrator side is incredibly easy to work with. Installing addons takes just seconds in comparison to the fear I experienced in installing anything in Blackboard, and the confusion I experienced trying to set anything up in D2L. One of the deciding factors in moving forward with Canvas was ease of use for our faculty and students. If Canvas was not easy to use our transition would have been near impossible. It's mobile app is excellent for students and they are in the middle of improving their faculty mobile app now. They have an incredible Community that has asked most of the questions you have and someone has provided the answer you're looking for. There are also folks that create customizations and share those with everyone to help improve your workflows. They also let you in on the development process and share with your their progress and let you beta test things for them. I love having a beta server, test server and production server to work with that is always up to date. Lots to love about Canvas.

Cons

There are some features that are lacking from Canvas that we are attempting to work around or build customizations for. 1. Set Discussion boards to need grading after x number of posts. Right now it says it needs to be graded after the first post and will not notify the instructor once they have submitted the required amount of posts. This isn't as big of an issue when there are due dates but a majority of our courses do not have due dates. 2. It's Outcomes capabilities are lacking. They have plans to improve on this but it may be awhile. 3. They are releasing a new quizzing tool in 2018 which we are excited for but are worried about how we will need to go about migrating quizzes.

College course management program for students, faculty, and staff

Pros

After my university switched over to Canvas as the preferred course management software, I was happy to finally have a user-friendly interface to work with. The menu is not cluttered and all tabs and icons are easy to find. One of the main advantages of Canvas is the ability to easily sync a school email account and get live notifications when items and assignments are posted. Professors can also setup calendars that help remind students of exam, project, and homework due dates. Students can also setup discussions or threads within their respective courses, which is useful when a lot of students have a similar question. Saves the professor time from having to answer 50 emails about the same question.

Cons

The notification system, both as a student and professor, is not the most efficient system. Canvas is meant to have a built-in emailing program. This creates a lot of confusion when students send messages via Canvas (which is linked to a school email account) and separately send messages directly from their school email. I've encountered times where it was not clear how to send a message directly to particular member of the course, and ended up emailing the entire class by accident. Professors often alternate between general email notifications and "Dashboard" notifications within Canvas. It makes it confusing for students as to where exactly to look for course related information. I find this lack of streamlining for notifications to be the biggest drawback.

Eduardo from FIU Online

Canvas Review

Overall, using Canvas both as a user and as a tester within a development environment has been a pleasure. I would recommend any educational institutions or organizations that aren't using it to make the switch. It is a great tool.

Pros

This software is great for keeping courses all in one place and adds easy communication between instructors and students. As well as communication between students themselves is easy and straightforward. Being able to have quizes, assignments, and anything else from the course on Canvas makes it neat and organized. Also, the customization within the app makes it great for unique use cases.

Cons

Recently I was having an issue with a footer banner when testing in "student view". The banner sits on top of some of the navigation buttons from the left side and therefore hides them. I used to be able to double click on it to hide the banner, but a recent update makes it so that additional steps have to be taken to hide this banner. It has made it inconvenient to click on the button that I need to access from the navigation bar.

Mavares from Universidad Nacional Experimental Politécnica 'Antonio José de Sucre'

The 21st century requires interacting, learning and living the virtuality

To reduce the distances between the participants and expand the possibilities and technological literacy of all.

Pros

The teaching of the 21st century requires a change in models and approach to learning. The change allows to reeplantear not only the contents of the subjects, moreover, the tools with which the teacher will have to share their experiences. It is very valuable to have a virtual space in which you can group: Class documents, videos, conferences, guides, questionnaires, tests, texts, messaging, links, e-mail, all online. The teacher, in this platform, also has the ability to qualify the different assignments and even make various qualifications in real time. The interaction can also include the representatives, who can also access, if they wish, the platform. Through the "Collaborations", participants can work as a team their classroom projects, through group editing programs, which can be sent directly to Canvas. The personalization, organization and structure of the modules is very helpful for the participants to experience the different advantages of virtual training.

Cons

The platforms have generalized their use in such a way that it is easy to find them in different stages and school courses, as well as in undergraduate and postgraduate university studies. In the same way, the age of the instructors and of the participants varies considerably. When users are not able to interact with each other easily and quickly, they lose interest, not only for the course, but also for the platform, which translates into a considerable loss of effectiveness and impact of the same. It would be fantastic if the teachers could have a cheaper version of the platform, but not be "tied" to large organizations, schools and universities, a kind of "private" virtual classroom that is managed and set almost entirely by the teacher, who will only have to enter his participants, in different classrooms, at the same time, and with an accessible cost.

Burcu from Northern Clinical School

Canvas - more pliable than you think

If administrators would like to get the most out of Canvas they have to "think outside the box"; otherwise it can get quite dull and tiresome for their users. Overall I think it is a good software which has a lot of potential. A simple Google search revealed that many administrators like myself looked for similar additional features/options on various forums online; so I wish that the above mentioned options -and many more-could actually be integrated into Canvas by the creators for ease of use for the consumers.

Pros

People may define Canvas as "clunky" and "not very intuitive". I would agree that you need to "learn" how Canvas works, rather than quickly "figuring it out". I personally use Canvas not for a specific "Unit of Study" but as a platform to share information & news, and communicate with among a large group of students who do not get together in a classroom. So far it has been successful. Students seem to enjoy it and I can view usage stats to see how many pages have been viewed by which student, which is great information. The fact that it accepts HTML code made it possible for me to integrate photo slideshows and 3-d interactive photos onto my pages. I used other free software available online to create them and simply embedded into my HTML code. I do not think most users are aware of these possibilities.

Cons

Canvas has its own language which does not apply to all needs. "Pages" and "Modules", "Unit of Study" lose their meaning when Canvas is used as communication platform like I use it. I wish these "names" could be changed by the user. Another thing that most users find a bit frustrating is the way "Modules" are displayed on one page as a list; and the constant need to scroll down to find what the user is looking for. Since this page does not really lend itself to "zjeujing up", it may look tedious for users.

Debra from Echanted Pen

Industry: Writing and Editing

Canvas User

Overall wonderful product! I will be upgrading to the pro/paid version very soon myself.

Pros

I have my own business in addition to a full-time Revenue Cycle Manager position with a large company. I am very happy to have discovered Canvas. I started out with what can be done for free online, having not a lot of money to spend as a start up. I could not have been more pleased! They have so many templates and specifics that you can create. From business cards to posters to flyers. They have great options within the free (something that you do not always see) for font types and size and colors to choose from.

Cons

The one thing that I had trouble with, to this day is how to create without a template. For example, If I want a plain background and add simple text. You cannot do it (that I have seen) without using something that doesn't fit for what you are doing and working with it to create. For example, I would have to choose a poster or business card but tweek to what I wanted. I have seen other software, that let you start from scratch to make what you want without a defined template. It would be great if Canvas would do that too.

Emily from North Carolina Virtual Academy

Sky's The Limit

I was the digital learning facilitator at a high school with 1400 students for the last two years, and those were our district's first two years with Canvas. I helped design and lead professional development for staff and students that we used county-wide. I also helped with user management for my school, as well as working with teachers to implement the program. I would've loved the program, when I was in the classroom, but I know a lot of my teachers found it overwhelming, so we had to do mini PDs and teach little pieces at a time so it was absorbable.

Pros

There's nothing in online learning that this learning management system can't do. It differentiates, it allows you to set hard and soft deadlines for assignments, it lets students work in groups, and it integrates with just about every educational website out there.

Cons

Because it can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming for the non-tech-savvy to learn. Also, the notifications of updates aren't clear so it can be challenging to keep up with the changes.

Shirimpaka from Laterite

Industry: Research

Canvas functionality evaluation

As I was working in the academic institution, we had to use Canvas and the only way the teacher can communicate to the student and vice versa. It is where the teachers create courses, post all courses related materials and also the students get access to the courses as well as quizzes and assignments.

Pros

I was using this tool when I was working at Kepler and I was a Canvas administrator. The way the teacher can create the course and share with the students as well as the coleague collaborators is very impressive. Also I liked the way the courses are graded and so, the students are getting their results as well as comments. I also liked the way the company may create some functionalities for itself and incorporate in canvas for better usage. It is also a good tool for students' progress management while connecting it with the external tools (Blue, etc..).

Cons

The tool itself is really good and its usage in incredible. The only weak point comes in when it requires to contact the customer support. I remember the time we had to ask about the competencies which were not upgraded themselves as it used to be, and we contacted the customer support. We had waited for some months to get responded. So, that was very discouraging for us who wanted the immediate response to move forward.

Reasons for Choosing Canvas LMS

Canvas was very simple to use and some of the staff members were used to Canvas more than those other platforms.

Canvas is the clear winner over Blackboard

We are now able to do gradebooks much more rapidly - in terms of initial setup, and also we can maintain records in new ways since there are multiple analytical tools available on Canvas that weren't there in Blackboard (before it was "mean, median, mode" and now we have a full range available)

Pros

Email functionality is improved, since you can send and receive for all courses you teach through a single dashboard, as opposed to Blackboard, where you have to sign in to each course separately in order to do so. Saves time, effort, and allows more freedom of use since the iPhone app is as speedy as the desktop program.

Cons

Not necessarily about the program itself, since it is the site administrators that determine what the links for each course will be, but if it is not planned well, there can be a lot of redundant links (topics linked on the left side of the page as main headers/folders).

Jason from Utah Valley University

Canvas - An Admin's Dream Come True

As the Learning Management System Admin for Utah Valley University, managing the use of Canvas can be challenging, but in a really good way. Whenever I run into a problem, I can usually find the answer and deploy a solution very quickly. Instructure provides a dedicated Customer Success Manager who meets with us regularly, a robust case management system, and an extremely helpful community engagement platform. Canvas is updated regularly to stay fresh on new technologies, features, and bug fixes. It's really fun to manage this system and have so much buy-in from faculty. Canvas is also on the leading edge with 3rd party integrations, data analytics, and cross-platform compatibility.

Pros

Canvas is always available. Teachers and students rarely suffer from any down time, if ever. Even with the regular updates of the platform (every 3 weeks), there is no significant downtime. The integration with our Student Information System is really good, but will soon be even better.

Cons

I wish Instructure would value the opinions of an institution's Canvas Admin over instructors. Instructors tend to not stay up to speed with an institution's policies, new government regulation, or plain common sense in some cases. There are a few specific tools that would make an admin's life much easier... like this feature idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7301

Jeramy from Independence University

Stable, easy to use, and performs like a champ!

Canvas is the LMS used by my University. As an instructor, I have had the opportunity to use the softweare for about 5 years. I have also completed a degree in an online program using the tool. I have always found it to be very reliable; most challenges I have incountered have been user error and not often software error. There are many add ons to customize the software and it is pretty easy and straight forward in terms of user for both faculty and student.

Pros

Very stable and reliable. In 5 years of using the software, there are just a few times I can recall that there have been some downtime; and never more than a shot period. Canvas is a standard among universitites, and students are able to quickly learn how to use the tool and submit their coursework. They also have stellar support, 24/7. The challenges I have encourtered has been more in terms of o

Cons

There are some things that could be enganced in terms of features to make the tool even better. As Canvas is a large company, suggestions for new features goes to a board and the community votes and considerations are based on how much support from the community board. While a good way to reach people, I suspoect most people do not take the time to visit this board and read throyugh suggestions to make recomendations. Seems like they could get more info from user based focus groups who could lend insights on new features and enhancements.

Diego from Valencia College

The way to go in Education communication

The upgrade from Blackboard was definitely worth it. The platform is easy on the eyes, easy to use and overall feels modern and keeps up with how a school communication system should work. Top marks for their mobile app.

Pros

I used Blackboard for years at school and always thought it was antiquated and overall clunky. After my current school switched to Canvas, it has been a big step forward. The organization of courses is more customizable and intuitive. File uploads, messaging and the UI are all top notch and make it for a pleasant experience. Their mobile app version is also extremely handy and works just as good as the web version. I find that notifications on the mobile app are excellent and help me stay on top of everything. Their calendar and reminder system is also a life saver when you want a little extra help in getting through your coursework without procrastinating.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like so far about Canvas. While I haven't personally found this to be an issue, feedback from peers has made me realize if you have a large number of courses, the dashboard can get a bit overwhelming. However, this is definitely customizable.

Sean from License Professionals

Industry: Civil Engineering

A great online platform for all educational needs

Whenever I have used Canvas in a course with a professor who at least has a basic understanding of using computers, I have found that it is a very seamless incorporation into the class and is incredibly helpful from a student standpoint. I am always very happy when a teacher decides to really devote a lot of time to making their canvas page well-designed and makes it a necessary part of being in the class. I find that Canvas has aided my learning experience through my 5 years of an engineering degree and I'm very glad that it's been a tool that Colorado State University decided to utilize.

Pros

I have found Canvas to be incredibly helpful when it comes to managing my courses, being able to quickly look up assignments, and being able to track grades and calculate theoretical test scores to see how much time I should devote to studying. The system has been very reliable for my entire college experience and I have rarely run into any technical difficulties.

Cons

I have found that some of my professors who are not as tech-savvy have, at times, had a difficult time navigating Canvas and using it properly. This has affected me as a student because sometimes the Canvas page for a course may be almost completely empty because the professor didn't want to take the time to do it properly. This is an irritation because then I have no form of online grade checking and final grade calculations can be much less certain.

Awit from Ambria College of Nursing

Canvas, the most user friendly LMS on the market!

CANVAS helped solve our previous issues with record accuracy and management. It's feature to download gradebooks at anytime was so efficient

Pros

It is user friendly, it's aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, it's accurate, makes work efficient, and the customer service team is exceedingly helpful and quick!

Cons

The things I didn't like about the software is actually now going to change. I recently received notification that starting 2020 there is going to be a global change on CANVAS interface. The changes I saw in the video introduction have addressed the majority of our issues with CANVAS grade book. For example, instructors can now set a feature within the gradebook to automatically deduct percentages for late submission assignments. In the past, the faculty would ask my Department to assist them in calculating late submission assignments, BUT now CANVAS will have a feature that faculty can pre-program it in themselves. AND they can also put the length of time the students can submit late assignments! This is great!

Reasons for Choosing Canvas LMS

It's cost and it looked easy to use.

Benjamin from Vrij Universiteit Amsterdam

Great Software for Organizing and Collaborating in Courses and Workgroups

I have had a surprisingly pleasant experience with Canvas. I had halfway expected the universities software to be somewhat archaic, but Canvas has been a pleasure to use. I can find all the information that I need about my courses, upload assignments, contact people, reference back to courses I took in the past. Very good!

Pros

Canvas is quite easy to use for a program that needs to have all the functionality a university requires. The interface functions intuitively, with visual elements such as a grid of cards for the different courses I am following. I can find all the information and documents I need regarding a course, such as powerpoint files and due dates for assignments. In the groups section I can find all my fellow classmates, as well as contact my instructor. In this way, all the information a student could need regarding course content, process and people are stored in a sensible manner in one single application.

Cons

An issue that I have experienced multiple times is that it can be hard to find contact a person when they are not officially in one of your workgroups or courses. For instance, at times I had to ask something of a substitute teacher, or contact a classmate that joined the group at a later time and thus wasn't formally in the same workgroup. But because the system only allows you to contact people that you share a group with, I could not contact these people in this way, and had to find their details on the website of the university.

Canvas: College Master Software

I used Canvas throughout my entire college career, as my university implemented it in nearly every class curriculum. Though I was just one user in a sea of thousands, Canvas made my collegiate experience much easier, as I didn't have to slog through harsh weather or schedule rushed appointments to meet my professors—I could just check online or send them a message I knew they'd see. Would recommend for any college professor (as long as you're consistent with its use).

Pros

Canvas allows professors and students to create, upload, edit, and discuss academic assignments and projects with ease. It's almost like a social media profile—you can chat with other students and ask your professors questions, even while you're at home. You can upload assignments through the Internet and reference rubrics and the syllabus. Group projects become significantly easier, because everyone can be assigned specific roles to complete. Canvas removes the need for finding a time and place that works for everyone—just plug in a deadline and the rubric and you're good to go.

Cons

The only issue I have with Canvas is that it relies entirely on user input. If you use Canvas for every class, but one professor decides not to upload the syllabus, then you cannot reference it and might be out of luck over the weekend. Consistency is the key to Canvas's success.

Makes school work more digestible, easy, and interactive

My experience with canvas has been positive. Canvas is a tool for the student and teacher, and it should be used as such. It has saved me time and stress for years!

Pros

I have been using Canvas since high school. I am going to be a senior in college this upcoming fall and I still use it. Canvas is a reliable way to take quizzes, exams, and even complete activities. I have taken several full online classes that only use canvas a resource. With that said, canvas helps relieve some of the stressors that come along with being a student, and I'm thankful for that.

Cons

The calendar app could be tweaked a little. It is a little overwhelming looking at the calendar when its consumed by the events in every one of my five classes at once.

SARAH from Biotek Labs

Successful student planning

Easy acess to my school courses which provided an overall better experience.

Pros

I like being able to see all of my classes at a glance. It is easy to see where I stand in each course, what assignments are due next, updates from class discussions ect. I feel more involved with my classes because I can see what is being updated immediately. I enjoy the discussion features often used by professors. These discussions keep your mind on the subjects currently being worked on, so they stay fresh in your mind. All contact information for your classmates is available through the app, which is nice for when you need to borrow notes or schedule study groups. The calendar available is usually easily accessible, and contains all the important dates for the semester. I am constantly referencing the app to make sure that I have completed everything I need to, that there haven't been any new updates, and that I am aware of all upcoming tests and assignments.

Cons

Obviously the efficacy of the software depends on the diligence of the professors and administrators inputting information into it. On a tech level, it is very well designed. I have only noticed a few times that the app has been down, or that a certain feature isn't working.

Neal from James Madison University

The best software to check grades and assignments

I can check my grades easily. I can also see what is due with the calendar option and plan out my week. I love how you can view all your classes and see your previous classes. I can look and download my teachers syllabus multiple times (because we students always delete that). I can also test my grades to see what the lowest grade I can obtain to keep my desired grade(A):)

Pros

Love this software so much. I can see all my classes that I am currently taking and have taken already. The calendar view lets you know which assignments are coming up and when they are due. You can click on a class page and information will be provided to you as organized by the teacher. I always look at handouts and in class presentation PowerPoints. The teacher can also make quizzes online and timed/ un-timed. You can see how you are doing in the class and calculate your predicted grade easily. I love how I can see what the lowest grade I can get from an assignment to obtain a desired letter grade.

Cons

There is a learning curve with this software. Sometimes when I look up my school's canvas it takes me to a broken canvas login screen. Teachers often complain how they are limited to how they can customize their canvas page. Each teacher also does their canvas page slightly different so it takes some getting used to.

Intuitive and Functional

Pros

Unlike other LMS software, Canvas brings you into the fold with an intuitive, customizable dashboard and practical features. Each course is its own hub, with modules easy to navigate. Instructors are able to integrate items like quizzes and media in a user-friendly way, and the application is very mobile-compatible.

Cons

The discussion post notification system could use some work, with more filters to customize what you do and don't want to see.

Gerson from Computer Software

Good Education Software

The benefits of using Canvas is pretty obvious since it allows to improve the classroom as a whole since it gives professors a location to easily be able to provide resources to students in an easy manner for them to access along with improving side of the deal benefiting from said access and the ease of submission of work. Enjoyed the benefits and hope they can continue to work and improve the software.

Pros

Canvas is very nice when it comes to providing a center location for a classroom where a professor is able to provide information to their students in a very nice matter. Not only is a Canvas a good location in which assignments can be shared to students but they also provide resources beyond just simply a text file but the also the ability to share video and audio files is a big plus. Uploading work is also possible for students to do and submit other files which is good since you don't have to deal with submit assignments in person, and with reminders it also makes sure that I don't miss out on updates from a professor, TA or fellow student.

Cons

My biggest issues from the time of using Canvas is that the navigation could definitely be improved, I feel like navigation through files always seem to be a hassle along with dealing multiple classes, feels like presentation and use of space could be improved. The same could also be said about the mobile version, which I probably used more than the desktop version.

Pricey, but worth every penny

Pros

Our program has been using Canvas for about 10 years now and we are very happy with this software program. Specifically, the SpeedGrader functionality is superb. You can easily view and grade papers with your rubrics embedded into the grading system. The Collaborations feature is also quite robust and allows students to work on a project together via a group editing program (like Google Docs) and submit directly to Canvas. They've really done a good job partnering with other programs to allow communication between software (for example, students can easily submit their papers to Canvas with an embedded plagiarism checking program without having to use each software package independently).

Cons

One negative about the program is that, while you can assign students to groups to complete group projects, you still have to grade them all individually. There isn't (yet) a feature to assign identical grades to all students in the group. As with any program, there are extra features and functions that would be useful, but overall, we're very pleased. The price is steep compared to other course management software, but we find the time savings to be worth the additional cost.

Don't look anywhere else

Pros

If you've got the right people, it's hard to go wrong. Let's be clear...Instructure has the best people in the LMS industry. The software just works and the team at Instructure is a natural extension of my team. Canvas just works and I do not have to worry about issues. In the rare occasion there is a problem, the team is on it by the time I notice it.

Cons

They are #1 in the LMS industry now. The concern is that development may be slowing because they have beaten everyone. It would be good to see more significant developments/new features soon as a sign they do not intend on sitting still.

Reasons for Choosing Canvas LMS

It worked and was affordable. Blackboard's products are not affordable, and Moodle is super high maintenance.

Customizable Automation for education

The student and teacher relationship is strengthened and there is less barriers to seek assistance, improving student performance and teacher morale with less time grading things that have the capability of being automated. This allows for professors to spend more time helping their students versus doing "busy work".

Pros

Students and teachers can communicate with in Canvas. There is even an option to set in the login page for your institution to show your institutions logo and branding. Multiple choice quizzes can be assigned and tests and be graded automatically to allow the teachers to spend more time with student interaction instead of grading multiple choice exams. Students have expressed delight in the feature of chatting or giving feedback with their professor or classmates for a specific assignment. The easy partnering with Turnitin to check for plagiarism and integration of Pearson and McGraw-Hill makes it possible to cover bases within just Canvas.

Cons

Customer service can be slow to respond. There should be more options for the teachers to write personal notes on assignments that can be chosen to view for just the teacher, or shared with the teacher and student. The mobile app has complaints of not being very smooth.

Emily from MTECH

Great LMS

Pros

This is going to sound nerdy, but the best part about Canvas is that they care about agile development, and they have a great community of online experts who answer questions and respond to feedback about the LMS. Obviously, Canvas is built for teaching and learning in a school setting, with grades, etc. There are a lot of external integrations that work well, I am glad they have app versions.. the list goes on, but what I like MOST from an expert perspective is the kind of help they make available to users through community.canvaslms.com -- seriously they have done a great job at cultivating a thriving online community of people who want to improve the software for future users.

Cons

I wish that they had more functionality for creating dynamic pages. I feel like unless you purchase a package of design tools, they haven't made it easy for the beginning HTML / CSS designer to make courses look and feel awesome without a ton of leg work-- thus, you may see in the community a lot of suggestions of ways to use their HTML guides to make better-looking home pages or other pages. If we are paying for Canvas, I wish it would come with more user-friendly design tools.

AMIRSALAR from University of Tennessee

Industry: Civil Engineering

the best class management tool for academic institutions

I use Canvas for making announcements to notify students about anything going on in class, making assignments, and putting their grades on it.

Pros

In my opinion, Canvas' gradebook tab is the best feature of it when it's combined with a grading scheme for the class. When you make a grading scheme, you can assign letter grades for grade ranges defined by your syllabus. Then, when you go back to the gradebook tab, it automatically assigns letter grades to each student! Hence, you would no longer need to all the work yourself manually! Also, Canvas is great for group assignments as well. you can form groups or permit students to form groups and submit their assignments. File type restriction for uploading assignments is another feature that comes handy to me because I need the students to send all their assignments in a specific format (in my case .dwg) and it will prevent them from uploading any other file type!

Cons

Canvas has almost every useful feature for teacher-student interactions. I think adding a restriction ability for the "number of files" a student can upload for each assignment can be beneficial. So, the teacher would not need to download multiple files per student.

Christopher from Indiana University

Commuter College Student

My overall experience with Canvas is positive. It creates a platform that allows students, educators, and peers to be more connected even in an area like a commuter college where students do not live near each other.

Pros

Canvas allows for educators to stay in touch with their students. Assignments can be posted to Canvas and full classes can be held online. I go to a commuter campus and I have a mix of both online and in-person classes. Canvas is a platform where educators can post discussions, assignments, lessons. Through Canvas a student can track their performance. Canvas also functions as a communication platform between students, educators, and peers. This software not only functions online but it is also available in apps and can be connected to email so the user never misses information.

Cons

Older professors tend to not utilize the software and when they do it isn't quite as user-friendly regarding everyone using it. People that have difficulty utilizing technology have trouble utilizing this software. More Universities are requiring that professors are familiar with this or similar software. Another Con would be that if the server is down it prevents students from fulfilling required tasks.

Adelyn from Design Tech High School

Helpful for school, could be improved

I think the existence of a dashboard for pretty much anything is really helpful because it's hard to manage things that are in very different places and I really appreciate that Canvas makes it so you can see everything in one place.

Pros

I'm really glad that a lot of schools have integrated with Canvas — I take classes from 3 different schools and using the same site for all of them is very convenient. I think the customization on the teacher's end can be nice because each class has different requirements and I also like the what-if score calculation so students can figure out what kinds of scores they need in order to get the grades they want.

Cons

I feel like though there is customization and each class is different, the discrepancies between different types of classes even in the same school can be a little too wide. It would be nicer if it was a bit more user-friendly, especially in the "Group" functions where you can do small discussions — those pages are always very difficult to find and I have discovered that my professors tend to avoid using them. The mobile app also gets frustrating because you can't seamlessly shift between Canvas pages for different schools, you have to log out and back in.

Goodbye Connect; Hello Canvas!

It's more than a pretty facelift. Canvas is the real deal when it comes to next-gen educational platforms. Its graphical UI is stable stakes now and the feature set is only going to get better. So get on board and get your students using the best software available.

Pros

I remember using Blackboard nearly 16 years ago and later Connect. I was weary when they said they would be upgrading to Canvas since it was a totally new architecture. But I'm a believer now. I use the Canvas platform everyday to organize classes and check grades. It's been a lifesaver. One feature I feel goes unnoticed by many is the mobile app for Canvas. It is fast and easy to use. I even avoid the desktop browser and use the mobile app as my daily driver.

Cons

The new UI and graphical interface was a little hard to get used to. I was accustomed to the feature packed and dense text screens of Connect but I understand Canvas's design direction. Keep it simple and useful. I realize I didn't use every single feature in Connect but I do miss it when that odd case arises when Canvas doesn't have a text editing or image insertion feature in its message boards, for example. I also hope for better Piazza and WebWork integration.

Clean, easy, and

While Canvas is not perfect, it is by far the best class organization tool I have used and I can only see it improving from here.

Pros

Canvas is by far the best class organization platform I have used as a student. There are so many features, such as a calendar, grading system, discussion system, grouping system, messaging system, announcement system, file system, and more more components implemented in a clean interface for both the desktop site and mobile application, making Canvas feel like a very complete and comprehensive tool. Configuring Canvas is easy, but any snags along the way can be sorted out by contacting Canvas's excellent customer support. So long as a teacher or professor is willing to make good use of Canvas, then the tool will serve as a huge boon to both students and instructors.

Cons

A more robust and open grading system would be more useful for determining one's current or final for when teachers or professors implement less traditional grading weights and tactics. While the software is clean, certain features and pages can be convoluted to find. The file browser and downloading files could be improved and made more intuitive.

Nick from USF

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Doing more with mobile ability

Overall I think this is a great product that can use some refining to make it more intuitive for the next generation of student and teacher interaction. Once I was able to get over the learning curve of the product and be able to trust that it is helpful for scheduling important dates it is a good supplementary tool for lessons. It should by no means be used as a replacement for face to face participation. The discussion board needs a lot of work, I would suggest a rating scale like readit or buzzfeeed but even that might be hard because of the small pool of participants.

Pros

The product is helpful for keeping track of work progress, submitting assignments, sharing resources, reviewing grades, messaging teachers and the features continue. It has been a great platform to keep everything centralized and gain access to all of the class work that is populated by the professors. The customizable features are also helpful in regards to the potential of the software itself.

Cons

There are a few things that lengthen the learning curve of this tool and can hinder its effectiveness. One being that because it is so customizable, each professor uses it differently and that makes it harder for the student to know what is where when multiple professors are using it in different capacities. Second is less crucial but can be annoying and that is the notifications don't always disappear after you have read a message. Lastly is the point of customization, which I've also noted as a pro but as a con it can be difficult for discussion boards when the format to submit varies for posts.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,581 reviews