• Pros

• "This program removed the distractions of students moving to other internet distractions. All students worked at the same pace and answers were displayed anonymously to avoid embarrassment. "

• "Pear Deck offers an interactive way to present. I have used with both adults & students. It offers great collaboration features as well!"

• "Pear Deck interfaces exceptionally well with both our Google Classroom and our Student Information System to enable us to provide a different tool for instruction for our students."

• Cons

• "Not completely user friendly. Takes a few times to figure out how to use and implement. "

• "Some of the extra features like adding music was not as easy as it appeared. "

• "My one request would be that the add audio pop up, is always blocking the pages that you are trying to record from which makes it difficult to remember what was on that page."

Browse Pear Deck Reviews

Madi from Quinipet Camp & Retreat Center

Integrative, interactive slides

I really like Pear Deck and find new ways to utilize it every time. I love that I can add voiceover for hearing impaired students, let the students go through a deck at their own pace, and see their answers in real time. I am still discovering new uses, and I love it!

Pros

I love that I can use slides more effectively by making them more interactive. Google Slides are already so easy to use, and having a simple add-on that lets me ask questions and see the answers in real time makes Slides even more useful for learning. My favorite feature is the ability for students to answer questions by adding a drawing. I love seeing their creativity, and they have so much fun that they forget they're learning.

Cons

I understand that they need to make money off of their product, but it is frustrating that they hide certain features behind a paywall. To have students be able to draw an answer, you must be a premium user. I think it would be more productive to have the tiers be more substantial. Drawing seems like such a small (but my favorite, most useful) feature to hide behind the paywall.

Jennifer from Biglerville High School

Great way to connect with students!

Positive!

Pros

As a teacher it is nice to be able to connect with students in class in a remote way. Students can add there thoughts, opinions, and ideas to a class discussion without necessarily needing to speak. Gives even the shyest student a voice.

Reasons for Switching to Pear Deck

Pear Deck is free Connects to my Google Classroom

Good, with room for improvement

I use it daily because my first graders find it user friendly.

Pros

Pear Deck allows a teacher to see her students’ work in real-time and therefore make better instructional decisions. Pear Deck allows students to write on slides, answer multiple-choice questions, and drag up to five shapes.

Cons

This software could improve by allowing teachers to upload their own draggables and allow more than five draggables on a slide. Additionally, the customer service is very limited. I’ve had a student unable to access the slides for a couple of weeks now. Waiting to hear back from Pear Deck because my school’s technical support has not found a solution on their end. Additionally, I’ve google my student’s problem and haven’t found a solution. I am tech savvy.

Michelle from BTPS

Keep a students engaged

I love using it but if really is pricey for teachers to have to pay for if their division doesn't have a subscription.

Pros

This app ia great for engaging students in teacher directed or self paced learning. There are some fun features that allow kids to provide feedback and evidence of learning. Students learn differently and show us what they know differently. Pear Deck is one way assessments can be fun and engaging.

Cons

It is not easy to get animations on slide presentations to work. The company is quick to respond and try to help but the support doesnt always work. It would he nice if you could update a presentation without cancelling a lesson in progress and then restarting the lesson

Pear Deck for Virtual Learning

I use Pear Deck to teach virtually, create collaborate small groups and give meaningful assignments where the users can respond. I can record their responses or save them in order to give them feedback. I use it daily as so many of my students are virtual learners.

Pros

Peardeck allows me to interact with my audience in a genuine and authentic way. Through Pear Deck, I can create a presentation and ask a collaborative question, poll the audience or have them complete an assignment. Their individual responses are collected and easily visable. I can offer real time fedback and know immediately their progress and thinking. It is easy to convert a prevvious presentation or Google slide into Pear Deck in a matter of minutes. Users can add the Pear Deck app and log on. I can have it as I live session or can save it to go back and review individual responses.

Cons

A drawback that I have encountered is that individuals must put their name when they respond. If not, the presenter will not know from whom the responses are coming from. I always have to remind my audience about this.

Reasons for Choosing Pear Deck

Having both the ease of presenting material in a visual way and the interactive aspect of having participants respond to it is very important. I wanted a product that had this all in one place. Pear Deck does that.

Reasons for Switching to Pear Deck

Google Slides are great for presenting but very limited in receiving feedback from an audience or group of students. They would have to use another platform as well. Pear Deck combinds both the presentation aspect and enables me to see instantly individual responses from the participants. I can save the session to revisit the responses.

Stacey from DSUSD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

One of the Best

PearDeck is a wonderful program that makes lessons engaging for my students and allows me to help them work through misunderstandings in real time.

Pros

PearDeck allows me to help my digital learners immediately. If they are not understanding a concept I am able to see where they are making their mistakes and help them correct it. I've used PearDeck in the classroom and teaching digitally and in both cases it is so easy to use and deliver lessons. Students can easily access PearDeck and with the paid version I can see who is working on the lesson and who is not yet in.

Reasons for Choosing Pear Deck

PearDeck works well with Google Slides.

I LOVE PEARDECK

It's a really really great platform! I'm so thankful we purchased it as it makes learning interactive and much more seamless during these times.

Pros

Online learning is HARD. Pear Deck makes is much easier, and is one of my favorite platforms for e-learning so far. It has great features, particularly the ability to save student results as evidence of learning. I truly love it!

Cons

It took me a while to figure out how to use it seamlessly. It's got a lot of great features and isn't necessarily difficult to figure out, but require time and focus to do so.

Ray from South Columbia Family School

Pear Deck Provides Visual Support

As the administrator, I can only speak what I have been told by my staff. They like it for its simplicity in working with K-8 students. However, if more functionality is needed, I might use another system.

Pros

Cons

Although I am more familiar with other slide programs that I have used in the past, such as Google Slides and PowerPoint, I am finding they have more variations of styles, but Pear Deck interfaces well.

A great Google add-on that makes slides more interactive and entertaining for students

Pros

Pear Deck provides a great way to make presentations more interactive and allows students to interact directly within the slideshow. With a Google Classroom and Google Drive integration, including it in the presentation is easy and seamless.

Cons

One of the most appealing features of Pear Deck is the ability to create draggable elements on the slides. Unfortunately, the appearance of these draggable elements is severely limited and is also only available for a fixed number of elements.

Great for Interaction

Pear Deck has helped to keep participants engaged in our new digital, online world.

Pros

Cons

It takes time to figure out how to use it. You do need to upgrade to the paid version to really use this well.

Danielle from River Ridge Elementary

Keeping Students on the Same Page

Fairly easy to learn on my own and implement within my class.

Pros

Cons

Some of the extra features like adding music was not as easy as it appeared.

Pam from Brevard County Public Schools

Pear Deck is at the Top Of My Must Have List

Pros

I love how easy it is to insert interactive slides into an existing presentation! The templates entice students to participate and make it very easy and fast to up the level of a Google Slides presentation to something kids have to interact with. I also find it helpful that the slides can be used by synchronous or asynchronous. The free version is great too!

Cons

This program is expensive and out of reach for most teachers to pay out of pocket. I had some difficulty using it at my school due to district web controls. At home it was great!