Pear Deck Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Pear Deck is very engaging and learners can have fun while learning different concepts and principles. It can be used for simple games and as an assessment tool to reinforce concepts."
  • icon"I love that I can use slides more effectively by making them more interactive."
  • icon"I've used PearDeck in the classroom and teaching digitally and in both cases it is so easy to use and deliver lessons."
  • icon"I know I should practice and play with this program more so that I could be efficient at creating lessons, but I was quickly discouraged and confused, so I don't use the program often."
  • icon"Additionally, the customer service is very limited. Ve had a student unable to access the slides for a couple of weeks now."
  • icon"This program is expensive and out of reach for most teachers to pay out of pocket. I had some difficulty using it at my school due to district web controls."

All Pear Deck Reviews

March 2022

A great Google add-on that makes slides more interactive and entertaining for students

Christopher

Student Engagement Tool

Overall Pear Deck is an amazing tool that has revitalized my instruction.

Pros

Pear Deck has taken my instruction to a new level. By making presentations interactive and engaging my lessons are much more effective. My students enjoy the interactive elements and engage in the lesson much better.

Cons

I would like to see more types of interactivity in the future. Also, the web integration does not always work because of the way it is embedded.

Reasons for choosing Pear Deck

Pear Deck offers a different level of interactivity and engagement for students. The features work better with Google Slides by integrating directly in the slide not creating a new slide for the new content.

Response from Pear Deck

Thanks for writing a review, Christopher! We're so happy we can support your teaching.

Replied November 2021

Great way to connect with students!

Positive!

Pros

As a teacher it is nice to be able to connect with students in class in a remote way. Students can add there thoughts, opinions, and ideas to a class discussion without necessarily needing to speak. Gives even the shyest student a voice.

Cons

Not completely user friendly. Takes a few times to figure out how to use and implement.

Pear Deck is free Connects to my Google Classroom

November 2022

Pear deck

It’s easy to use and can be easily out in with existing slides.

Pros

I love that the slides push out to the students and take over their screens. I love that it can all be done and monitored. No one can move on before the user is ready for them too!

Cons

I wish that the spreadsheets with data were editable. It’s all or nothing.

Price

Lauren

Pear Deck

Pros

Pear Deck has a lot of great resources that I can use to work with my students in an interactive platform.

Cons

It is hard to find the content I am looking for at times. I need to learn a bit more about it!

Response from Pear Deck

Thanks for writing a review, Lauren! If you have any questions on finding content you're looking for, please feel free to send a note to help@peardeck.com! We'd be more than happy to further assist you!

Fiona

August 2022

Great tool for interactive learnifn

Great tool for learnifn

Pros

Allows people to make presentations interactive, provides opportunities for differentiation quickly and easily

Cons

Adding sound to slide only plays when the slides are running peardeck. It would be nice to have the audio recordings be available or saved so they can be used outside of a peardexk session

East of use.

Ricardo

May 2022

Pear Deck makes your content engaging while keeping things simple

Covid-19 presented our schools with a huge challenge: how to keep students interested in our educational content remotely, without physical supervision, and with different rules. Pear Deck was one of the most instrumental tools in keeping students engaged. The plethora of templates and formats of information allowed our teachers to go full creative in presenting their information creating a two-way channel of communication.

Pros

Pear Deck is a tool that gives superpowers to our Google Slides presentations. Pear Deck's main forté is the number of templates and different formats in which you can present information so students can digest it. Even more important, students can demonstrate and apply what they know using the very same tool. The instant feedback the teacher has is invaluable. One may think that these features are maybe difficult to apply or with a steep learning curve. None of that. Pear Deck is easy to implement over Google or Microsoft.

Cons

The only con I can see is the price if the service is not provided by the school. Maybe 25% less can be more attractive for individual teachers.

Callie

June 2022

Pear Deck for the Classroom

Pros

I could spend hours raving about Pear Deck! I use Pear Deck every single day in my seventh grade English Language Arts classroom. Pear Deck allows students to get started on work right away in class without needing verbal instructions from me. I use Pear Deck for daily bellringer work and interactive lessons. It takes simple Google Slides and allows students to draw, write, or interact with the lesson rather than hearing the information lecture-style. Pear Deck is easy to learn and easy to implement for occasional or daily use.

Cons

Pear Deck could be improved by making assignments easier to grade through connection with a LMS, such as Google Classroom.

Response from Pear Deck

Thanks for sharing, Callie! We're so happy we can support your teaching!

Replied June 2022

Daisy

February 2022

Pear Deck Review

Overall, Pear Deck is a great program. It is easy to use, teachers can see in the moment work. It is engaging and fun for students. Administrators can provide feedback to users to ensure success.

Pros

I love PearDeck, I was able to see student learning at the moment. Students were able to write, type, draw, and select multiple-choice answers.

Cons

Sometimes the Pear Deck add-on was not working. This made it a little challenging to begin a session.

Matt

October 2022

It works

Pros

Pear Deck enables social learning across the web with individual slides access, everyone gets a copy which they can write draw and type on, like a digital workbook!

Cons

Unfortunately the software appeared to glitch very often when I was using it more commonly which made it sometimes difficult to have it working.

Yolany

November 2022

Pear Deck Usage

Students and faculty liked pear deack and it allowed us to make our training more interactive experiences.

Pros

Pear deck ease of use, I could work from my google slides, and it was easy to take my slides to a more interactive level from anywhere. I liked the options available for free, though if I paid, I would have more.

Cons

I have to pay to get other options that I don't have in the free version.

Pear Deck for Virtual Learning

I use Pear Deck to teach virtually, create collaborate small groups and give meaningful assignments where the users can respond. I can record their responses or save them in order to give them feedback. I use it daily as so many of my students are virtual learners.

Pros

Peardeck allows me to interact with my audience in a genuine and authentic way. Through Pear Deck, I can create a presentation and ask a collaborative question, poll the audience or have them complete an assignment. Their individual responses are collected and easily visable. I can offer real time fedback and know immediately their progress and thinking. It is easy to convert a prevvious presentation or Google slide into Pear Deck in a matter of minutes. Users can add the Pear Deck app and log on. I can have it as I live session or can save it to go back and review individual responses.

Cons

A drawback that I have encountered is that individuals must put their name when they respond. If not, the presenter will not know from whom the responses are coming from. I always have to remind my audience about this.

Reasons for choosing Pear Deck

Having both the ease of presenting material in a visual way and the interactive aspect of having participants respond to it is very important. I wanted a product that had this all in one place. Pear Deck does that.

Reasons for switching to Pear Deck

Google Slides are great for presenting but very limited in receiving feedback from an audience or group of students. They would have to use another platform as well. Pear Deck combinds both the presentation aspect and enables me to see instantly individual responses from the participants. I can save the session to revisit the responses.

Paula

Pear Deck

Pear Deck is magical. Students are so engaged and eager to contribute to the lessons with the interactive features of Pear Deck.

Pros

I love the ease of use for both students and teachers while using Pear Deck.

Cons

Pear Deck is so wonderful but I wish it was Free for the premium features. I used the free version and was very pleased.

Response from Pear Deck

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Paula! We are happy we can support your teaching.

ROSCIEL

Easy to the Eyes

It was great at first but in the later part of using it, I noticed that lesser and lesser of my students are showing work. I think more of them will be engaged if at the end of the lesson, I will have a grade that reflects how much they did and it can be pushed to their gradebook so that they are aware that it is important to do their notes.

Pros

The color and how it presented is fun, warm and light to the eyes. Students and teacher like the features because it looks fun. It has templates for checking which is awesome. Teacher dashboard is really great and very easy to use for every class.

Cons

I hope I can combine 2 options in the same slide. Like drawing and quiz . I hope the when I do quiz like question, I can put in the key so that I can see real time who missed it and who got it.

Reasons for choosing Pear Deck

Peardeck is user friendly, colorful and has templates available. This is what I like most about this product Go formative helps me monitor my students progress real time and it's graded. So students are forced to do the notes. I can also pushed the grade in the grade book. It is not an eye candy as peardeck but its plus points outweigh the peardeck's plus points. If I can combine this 2 products, it will be awesome.

Hari

Engaging learning experience for students with Pear Deck

Pear Deck is a very effective tool for remote learning. It make learning more engaging and fun.

Pros

Pear Deck does what it is intended to do very well which is to make online learning interactive and fun. It make class presentation way more engaging and exciting. It tracks progress of students. It integrates very well with Google Classroom and Google Slides. And It also has a free trial version too.

Cons

It would be good to get more basic features in the trail version of the app. I can't think of any particular complaints with the app.

Response from Pear Deck

Thanks for the review, Hari! As always, please feel free to reach out to help@peardeck.com with any questions and concerns. We appreciate your support!

Hope

Wonderful Tool

Pear Deck is a wonderful tool to use in your classroom. I love that you can assign it to your students for self-paced lessons or you can use the lessons for direct teaching. The students navigate through the software easily. I love that it is fairly easy to use and engaging.

Pros

I love that the software works directly with Google Slides and Google Classroom. Pear Deck is interactive. You can add slides with the drag and drop feature, a draw feature, open ended questions, true/false, etc.. It's got an existing library where you can get pre-made slides or you can create your own. So many features that make learning more fun.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve. I started out with the pre-made slides and adjusted them. Then, when I got comfortable, I was able to create my own with no problem at all.

Response from Pear Deck

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're so happy to hear you are enjoying using Pear Deck. If you ever have any questions on how to get started with a certain aspect or feature of Pear Deck, please feel free to send a note to help@peardeck.com! We'd be more than happy to help you. In the meantime, a great place to find Pear Deck training webinars is our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Peardeck/playlists We also have the Pear Deck How-To Handbook: https://www.peardeck.com/how-to-handbook Thanks again for the review!

Replied September 2021

Make your slides interactive, great choice

Overall, this has been a great extension for google slides and I'm glad my school has started using it. It allows in-time teaching to be more interactive and give all students a voice who may not always be inclined to raise their hand and share.

Pros

I love that this can be added to Google Slides to make them interactive. Students can do it while at home or in class, which is great, and easily connect from their iPads. I like that students enjoy it too. It has a lot of options. I also like how it turns maybe not-so-interesting lessons into interactive engaging ones. In addition, it allows me to do pre-assessments, during, and post-assessments well to check for student understanding. I also appreciate how it is very "on trend" and relevant.

Cons

There was a larger learning curve than I'd like for adding it on, how to deploy it, etc. One other bad thing is that if you have a large class, that many students writing on or interacting with one slide can be chaotic. Wondering if there are ways to improve this. It is also hard to tell who is writing what. You run into risk of kids writing or drawing things off task, which is never fun behavior management to deal with.

Stacey