Teachable

Teachable Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I also really liked how easy it was to integrate the quizzes as well. The tracking module was also really good."
  • icon"One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to make an online course. I love having a branded course and they make it easy."
  • icon"No autosave of your work, I lost hours to a system glitch where you press enter and it just deletes your course text and there's no autosave to backup to."
  • icon"My students are from the UK, they pay in GBP, I am also in the UK, I receive my money in GBP."
  • icon"Lack of graded quizzes with out moving into a more costly plan."

Browse all Teachable Reviews

• Have you used Teachable and would like to share your experience with others?

Mariah

December 2021

The easiest, most streamlined online course platform out there.

September 2022

critique de l'application Teachable

Pros

c'est le marketing de teachable les cours sont promus sur le logiciels comme ceux qui ont le plus de visibilité et donc plusieurs étudiant y adhère en plus les cours sont bien fait pour tous

Cons

le seul point avec teachable c'est que les cours sont un peu plus chères que la moyenne mais a part cela rien signaler

Reasons for switching to Teachable

il me fallait tester d'autres plateforme pour avoir une expérience globale de tout les produits

Marilyn "M.E."

Teachable Moments

Overall Teachable solved a revenue issue for us! We needed a place for people to go and purchase out products and downloadable services without having to start from scratch - which is quite costly - and Teachable allowed us to do that. It help us generate necessary revenue with ease.

Pros

Teachable is very user friendly. I am not a very technically inclined person and this program gave me the ease I needed to set our digital classroom. AT the time we began using the company could not afford more than $100 a month and Teachable was very affordable for out small nonprofit.

Cons

I would say that my least favorite aspect of Teachable is or was the design templates, although they recently upgraded this feature and you can do a few more fancy things to your store and landing page.

Reasons for choosing Teachable

Kajabi is for a more established company with a consistent revenue stream and at the time we were not that company.

Reasons for switching to Teachable

At the time I felt that Teachable had more flexibility with a free or no cost version.

Emilie

November 2022

Teachable: la liberté de créer ses propres formations

Teachable m'a été chaudement recommandé, et comme je l'avais souvent utilisé en tant qu'étudiante, j'étais heureuse de l'utiliser comme formatrice. Il s'agit d'une solide plateforme très professionnelle et je sens que grâce à celle-ci, je peux amener mes formations et mes étudiants à un autre niveau.

Pros

Les fonctionnalités de Teachable sont infinies et poussées, comparativement à l'autre produit que j'utilisais par le passé! Il demande un peu d'adaptation pour se familiariser, mais une fois que c'est fait, c'est simple à utiliser et j'aime le fait que je peux absolument TOUT traduire et adapter à mon entreprise.

Cons

Étant Canadienne et devant charger des taxes Canadiennes et Québécois, ce logiciel n'est pas adapté en ce sens, ce qui m'a causé quelques complications.

Reasons for choosing Teachable

Le prix était plus abordable et j'avais eu plus de recommandations pour Teachable.

Reasons for switching to Teachable

Parce qu'avec mon précédent produit, je me sentais limitées dans les fonctionnalités.

Robin

Industry: Music

Good in some areas. Poor in others.

Leadership of the company tends to focus on the money angle but I guess that's to be expected. ("You can make mega-$$$ with your courses!" and some have.) You won't find information on crafting your course but you will find plenty on how to give it a high price tag. If you can avoid the hype and have a third party email app you like to use, then Teachable is a good option. I've found it to be affordable and profitable in spite of the email problems.

Pros

The teaching platform (curriculum videos, PDFs, etc.) is good and uploads are easy. I found that building a sales page was not difficult and sending people to the sales page with discount coupons was a smooth process. Payments were collected and paid out promptly at the end of the month (for my plan). Support is by email only (no chat) and took a couple days but the answers were helpful. The plans are reasonably priced for individual teachers and consultant.

Cons

I have experienced serious problems with their built-in email application. Since this is the primary way teachers communicate with students, it should be a priority for them. There were days when it wasn't working when I needed to send links to live classes and webinars. It's difficult to customize "Welcome" emails and there's no way to schedule sends or save drafts. They recently announced that all emails would come from a strange looking email address that belongs to them (and has been labeled "spam" by my email hosting service). I've drawn their attention to these problems several times. The response is polite but there has been no move to improve the service. It's a very amateurish response. I would recommend looking at other services first OR be prepared to use a third party email service every time you want to reach your students, including new sign-ups.

Melissa

July 2022

Teachable - It's not for everyone

Overall it is a good platform. It is a bit pricey and you'll need to be patient as it is not beginner friendly. If you already are having success in your online courses, this would be for you. If you are just starting, you might try elsewhere.

Pros

I really liked about teachable is that it allows you to setup and integrate your coaching calendar within Teachable to allow for bundles. I also really liked how easy it was to integrate the quizzes as well. The tracking module was also really good.

Cons

It was really difficult to set up the sales page. There are no marketing tools integrated with this. It is very expensive in comparison to other options as well. I did not typically have the best response with customer service - it wasn't bad though, it just wasn't good.

Reasons for choosing Teachable

Teachable was highly recommended, so I choose Teachable as it seemed the easiest to implement.

Katie

July 2022

No Customer Service

Using Teachable itself was okay, but the customer service is unacceptable. The only way you can contact them is through email and they may not get back to you for several days. I left Teachable for a different company six months ago and they STILL have a claim on my domain. If you try to access my site without the 'www', you get sent to a Teachable 404 page. I have gone through the DNS settings multiple times with my current company, and we can't do anything about it. Every time I email with an agent, they assure me that my account is closed and that Teachable isn't connected to my domain. They share screen shots, then ask me to provide them with my own. When I send them the shots showing the specific information they have asked for, they won't respond. Regardless of your course content, you need fast, effective customer service. Teachable does not provide that.

Pros

Teachable is easy to use and I was able to set up my courses quickly in a format that was conducive to the content.

Cons

Assessments are an important part of my curriculum, but the available quiz templates were too basic for my needs. Also, when I had questions or needed help, it took days to get a response for customer service.

Price

Reasons for switching to Teachable

I wanted to save money and I needed to sell physical products in my store.

Filip

A complete LMS platform

We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

Pros

A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

Cons

The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high

Reasons for choosing Teachable

teachable is easy to use and has a lot of features, also it's really customizable

Great teaching platform

I use Teachable to create lessons and quizzes to test our clients on the knowledge of financial services

Pros

What I like the most about this product is the ease of adding new chapters, creating quizzes and editing content.

Cons

What I like the least is that I have two accounts with Teachable and when I log in, it always tries to connect my other login in with the wrong account

Reasons for switching to Teachable

Moodle was overly complicated and it lacked support

Bryanna

November 2022

Past User

I liked using teachable but i found a different software that i prefer and made the switch

Pros

I liked that you used to be able to create a course for free and pay after 10 students and i like that your course is searchable on their platform

Cons

I dont love the pricetag or how it doesnt integrate into a website

Renata

Industry: Alternative Medicine

October 2022

Perfect for course management

Pros

As a user, I wanted an interface that would be easy to navigate and refer back to when I need to see content. I liked using the Teachable platform because it was easy to understand and simple to use daily

Cons

There wasn't really anything I didn't like, maybe it would have been nice to have a tab to get all the downloads in one place

Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes

My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

Pros

I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Cons

Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

Reasons for choosing Teachable

I liked the interface Teachable had (Fedora) vs. Thinkific.

Reasons for switching to Teachable

SchoolKeep was changing its charging platform to a per-student model that didn't have a place in my business.

Mike

The Grass is Not Always Greener

Teachable allows me to run a great online school - and to do so with much of the functionality in one package. I do opt to substitute my own website and email automation (WordPress and Active Campaign) but I use their eCommerce payment platform and feel very confident. I have often wondered about switching but never have found an alterative that does not offer better than an alternative set of compromises.

Pros

Teachable is easy to use and does everything I need it to - and mostly very well. I also like that the company behaves ethically. The user experience for my students is excellent and the all-in one package makes it very easy for me.

Cons

There are a few little niggles. Not a great mobile solution (but perfectly adequate) and the text editor in the course builder is low on capabilities for formatting beyond the basics (Tables? Not so much). And the placement of toolbars and save buttons is frustrating.

Reasons for choosing Teachable

I chose Teachable for the best price/functionality/ease of use/reliability mix for my needs. Every time I wonder if one of its competitors (Thinkific, Zenler) has overtaken it, I find that their shiny new features still leave gaps that Teachable fills well. Ultimately, while I am sure the top competitors are pretty much as good across the board, I never find a compelling reason to swap. My business depends on Teachable and they have not let me down in over 5 years.

Steve

A great online course platform that's improving all the time

Pros

My favourite thing about Teachable is it 'just works' out of the box. Most of its functionality is intuitive and it doesn't try to add a million features that most people won't use. It's a software tool that knows what it is and who it's for. It makes it very easy to make a good looking site and get a course up for sale. Anyone can get started and be able to do most of what they need to be able to do to create a profitable online course business easily.

Cons

The drawback is in that final 5%. It's easy to make a good looking site, but not easy to make an amazing looking site. I have in the past had some issues with their affiliate system and with their support staff, but to be fair this was in late 2016 and they have made big improvements since then. I would like to see them roll out new features more consistently so that their users are on the cutting edge of online course technology rather than just slightly behind. Teachable is also best for people that don't want to integrate multiple tools. This is also a good thing as it stays focused, but I think it's worth noting here as a potential user should consider that what they get with Teachable is what they get. Don't start using it expecting to link it with a forum later if you don't love how their commenting system works (for example).

I absolutely LOVE this course creation and course selling platform!

I love the professional look of Teachable and I think that makes students feel more comfortable buying online courses from "your average Joe".

Pros

For starters, it is great that you can creaet a course and put it on Teachable for free to test drive the platform and see if it will be a good fit for you and your students. I like that the platform is easy to use, customizable, NOT CLUNKY, and is professional looking.

Cons

The pricing might be a bit much if you're just starting out as a course creator and aren't sure if you're course is going to sell out the way you want it to. Other than that, there really isn't anything bad I can say about Teachable. They've done a great job creating a platform that makes it easy for anyone to sell a course they've created.

Reasons for switching to Teachable

I felt like Thinkific was too clunky to use.

Jessica

It's a great platform for my course

I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

Pros

I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

Cons

I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

Reasons for choosing Teachable

I was a student on the other platform and didn't love the experience. I thought Teachable would be better for me as a creator and for the student side as well.

Gian Angelo

A Giant in Online Courses

Teaching other has always been a passion of mine especially if it helps my students learn from my mistakes and avoid them in their own career. Being in the Copywriting field for years has always instilled in me that you have to keep learning and keep teaching others... and Teachable gives you that option. It's easy to get into and setup plus you get a lot of nice features to make your teachable page look really great! Overall, Teachable is one website you should definitely put your mind into.

Pros

It's probably one of the better choices when it comes to making courses online. First of all, you get a lot of options to integrate with 3rd party software which is great since you don't have to start from scratch in some aspects. Second, it's really easy to start teaching your audience online with Teachable. You can easily add new courses, record some lessons and launch! You get great payment options to choose from to give your customers some variety, also, it's easy to setup your page to make your "classroom" look even better.

Cons

It does take time to setup everything if you're planning to work on many courses and uploading a lot of material. While you can get most of it done by the time your free trial is over, it's always great to upgrade from the start to be able to take advantage of the premium features Teachable offers. One more thing is that, it's a bit pricey compared to other choices however, if you want great quality, it will cost you.

Sam