• Pros

• "Easy to set up, very reasonably priced and great tutorials and advice for marketing your courses. If you have online curriculum you'd like to share with the world, this is a very seamless process. "

• "I love that the course platform is fully responsive! "

• "Good structure to course, nice layout. Good analytics. We have not launched our course yet but have been using it to set up for the past month."

• Cons

• "The thing that I didn't like is the payment. At the beginning I thought it was a little expensive, but then I realized that it totally worth it so is not an issue anymore. "

• "The price, it's really high, of course, you can use it for free but the commissions are high"

• "It was a little hard to navigate all of the features but once I learned the software it was easy to use."

Browse Teachable Reviews

Gian Angelo from Freelance

A Giant in Online Courses

Teaching other has always been a passion of mine especially if it helps my students learn from my mistakes and avoid them in their own career. Being in the Copywriting field for years has always instilled in me that you have to keep learning and keep teaching others... and Teachable gives you that option. It's easy to get into and setup plus you get a lot of nice features to make your teachable page look really great! Overall, Teachable is one website you should definitely put your mind into.

Pros

It's probably one of the better choices when it comes to making courses online. First of all, you get a lot of options to integrate with 3rd party software which is great since you don't have to start from scratch in some aspects. Second, it's really easy to start teaching your audience online with Teachable. You can easily add new courses, record some lessons and launch! You get great payment options to choose from to give your customers some variety, also, it's easy to setup your page to make your "classroom" look even better.

Cons

It does take time to setup everything if you're planning to work on many courses and uploading a lot of material. While you can get most of it done by the time your free trial is over, it's always great to upgrade from the start to be able to take advantage of the premium features Teachable offers. One more thing is that, it's a bit pricey compared to other choices however, if you want great quality, it will cost you.

Teachable--- Hosting Your Online Classes

My overall experience with Teachable has been very positive. Responsive customer support, improved features, and excellent onboarding training. My only frustration is the inability to auto-schedule blog posts.

Pros

I've been a Teachable user for a few years (I was a user when the name was Fedora). Since then, Teachable has been one of the most mentioned names for online course creators. One of the things I like best about Teachable is how easy it is to use the platform. In a matter of time, you can create an online course, including curriculum and media. This is super convenient for both the novice online course creator and the more experienced ones. It's a time saver!

Cons

Since 2019, the blog feature of being able to auto-schedule posting has not worked. I've placed support tickets to address the issue, but as of this writing (Feb 2020), the feature still isn't working. I write blog content well in advance and was able to schedule blog posts with ease. Now I have to set a reminder to go into my Teachable account to manually post the blog. This is not ideal.

Reasons for Choosing Teachable

I liked the interface Teachable had (Fedora) vs. Thinkific.

Rune from Leap Loud

Teachable, a platform for selling your courses

I have used Teachable for years. It is one really simple solution for putting products out there, online, without much time wasted, or headaches. I can totally vouch for it and it is used by many serious players because it works so good.

Pros

I love teachable. It makes it wasy for any user to add a product and sell it online. Compared to a lot of other self hosted solutions, Teachable makes it easy to start with selling right out of the bat. Just add your content, and adjust a few tweaks, add price. And voila, information product for sale, without you needed to know any coding or any website creation knowledge.

Cons

I don't have much to say in the negative about this platform. It plain and simple works, and has good fees. Only think I can think of is better design control. If they add that and also some conversion boosters that might be a thing to note, which I thought was missing.

Robin from MySongCoach.com

Industry: Music

Good in some areas. Poor in others.

Leadership of the company tends to focus on the money angle but I guess that's to be expected. ("You can make mega-$$$ with your courses!" and some have.) You won't find information on crafting your course but you will find plenty on how to give it a high price tag. If you can avoid the hype and have a third party email app you like to use, then Teachable is a good option. I've found it to be affordable and profitable in spite of the email problems.

Pros

The teaching platform (curriculum videos, PDFs, etc.) is good and uploads are easy. I found that building a sales page was not difficult and sending people to the sales page with discount coupons was a smooth process. Payments were collected and paid out promptly at the end of the month (for my plan). Support is by email only (no chat) and took a couple days but the answers were helpful. The plans are reasonably priced for individual teachers and consultant.

Cons

I have experienced serious problems with their built-in email application. Since this is the primary way teachers communicate with students, it should be a priority for them. There were days when it wasn't working when I needed to send links to live classes and webinars. It's difficult to customize "Welcome" emails and there's no way to schedule sends or save drafts. They recently announced that all emails would come from a strange looking email address that belongs to them (and has been labeled "spam" by my email hosting service). I've drawn their attention to these problems several times. The response is polite but there has been no move to improve the service. It's a very amateurish response. I would recommend looking at other services first OR be prepared to use a third party email service every time you want to reach your students, including new sign-ups.

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

They Have Good Resources

Initially I was dazzled by Teachable. As I got more into my business and researched, and the more teachable updated and changed their plans and options, the more I realised that there are better options out there. The resources are still good, but they focus very much on the 'overnight success' model that tends to burn most entrepreneurs out.

Pros

You can change the colour scheme to for your brand. There is a white label option to ensure all branding is yours and only yours. You can use your own domain. Video hosting is done directly on Teachable, so no need to figure out embedding etc from other sites. You can add quizzes and tests to your online courses. You can add resources and PDFs for your students. It's possible to add add-ons for additional income on courses, and also bundle courses together. They offer many free courses and resources to help the budding online teacher.

Cons

There is no middle ground between the starter plan and next plan - it's expensive for the starter plan compared to other course platform options with hardly any of the perks the others offer. The promise of being able to fully customise your school is negated by the very real fact that you HAVE to be able to 'code' to do so, taking away from the ease of use. The quizzes available are restricted to multiple choice or true and false - students aren't able to upload assignments and there is also no room for free flow questions.

Jessica from Enabler Concepts: ABLE University

It's a great platform for my course

I have enjoyed my time with Teachable thus far and I think it's one of the best platforms out there. I'm enjoying the user-friendly process.

Pros

I was excited to find a product that was stremlined and user friendly. I even like that I can register students without registering for their monthly plan. Of course the fees are a little higher with that version but I like the 'try-before-you-buy aspect'. I like the look of it and that you will be able to creat certificates and allow students to track their progress. One of my favorite features is being able to create discount/ special codes when you want.

Cons

I don't like that i have to post a youtube URL if my videos are a little larger. This adds a little complication seeing as I'm not a techie, but it's not insurmountable.

Reasons for Choosing Teachable

I was a student on the other platform and didn't love the experience. I thought Teachable would be better for me as a creator and for the student side as well.

Filip from Fuel srl

A complete LMS platform

We like teachable for easy and fast delivery courses

Pros

A complete LMS platform, a lot of features and custom designs you can use, you can actually build the whole website using teachable with the e-learning part integrated into it

Reasons for Choosing Teachable

teachable is easy to use and has a lot of features, also it's really customizable

Great teaching platform

I use Teachable to create lessons and quizzes to test our clients on the knowledge of financial services

Pros

What I like the most about this product is the ease of adding new chapters, creating quizzes and editing content.

Cons

What I like the least is that I have two accounts with Teachable and when I log in, it always tries to connect my other login in with the wrong account

Latasha from Arts and Budgets, LLC

Teachable is great for content creators!

Overall, my experience has been great! Their customer service team is super helpful when you need them and the platform is very familiar to a lot of other bloggers and online business owners.

Pros

If you are looking to create courses or to grow your online business Teachable is the place to be. I have been using this platform to host my courses and it has been super great. I love how you can create sales pages for each of your courses to help boost sales.

Cons

The only con about Teachable is that they recently changed how their creators can design their sales pages for their courses. This can be a learning curve if you don't know much about web designing.

Justin from Fox Pest Control

Great for uploading video training or docs to be completed by a variety of people at various times.

Organized, simple - almost too simple, team centered, and training focused.

Pros

I loved the ability to watch trainings on my own time, and have access to it at 4 am on a saturday in April, or at 2 pm on a wednesday in May.

Cons

The least favorite part was definitely that some video quality seemed to be worse, the videos at times took forever to load, and i found myself wishing that there were just links to take me to youtube or something that already had the video platform there.

Steve from Music Launch Hub

A great online course platform that's improving all the time

Pros

My favourite thing about Teachable is it 'just works' out of the box. Most of its functionality is intuitive and it doesn't try to add a million features that most people won't use. It's a software tool that knows what it is and who it's for. It makes it very easy to make a good looking site and get a course up for sale. Anyone can get started and be able to do most of what they need to be able to do to create a profitable online course business easily.

Cons

The drawback is in that final 5%. It's easy to make a good looking site, but not easy to make an amazing looking site. I have in the past had some issues with their affiliate system and with their support staff, but to be fair this was in late 2016 and they have made big improvements since then. I would like to see them roll out new features more consistently so that their users are on the cutting edge of online course technology rather than just slightly behind. Teachable is also best for people that don't want to integrate multiple tools. This is also a good thing as it stays focused, but I think it's worth noting here as a potential user should consider that what they get with Teachable is what they get. Don't start using it expecting to link it with a forum later if you don't love how their commenting system works (for example).

Peter from Academy of Business Owners

I love Teachable

I teach small-business owners sales and marketing skills via online courses. When I first crossed over from a Wordpress platform with 80 lectures, each containing video, text, PDFs, and soundtracks - the entire crossover process was completed in a day. Easy work - just lots of it. That was three years ago. Since then I've seen more than 100 students set up their own schools. They all rave about the platform.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use. Very fast to deploy a complete course with almost zero technical skill. fast and comprehensive support. Their free pricing offers a zero cost startup. It's so good that I introduce Teachable to every student I teach.

Cons

I love their concern about security. Just sometimes, and this is not a complaint, I offend by logging in from a different machine. That invokes two-factor authorization. It's not a problem at all, of course, but it's the feature I like least. Call me lazy.

Some Important Features Missing but Great Customer Service

Teachable has solved the problem I was having using self-hosted WordPress with WooCommerce's suite of very expensive plugins that are continually updated with breaking changes that they often had to be resolved by tinkering with PHP code. Having my school hosted in the cloud takes care of all of the software and security headaches. I do feel bad leaving a lukewarm review for the product, as the customer service is extraordinarily nice and has bent over backwards to help me overcome some of the limitations. Also worth noting that perhaps my situation is unique, in that I am mostly using Teachable as sort of online school with content from other authors, as opposed to just being a place for me to sell my own courses without involving anyone else. Right now, there doesn't seem to be a platform that's super-focused on creating your own online school with multiple teachers (or is there?), so Teachable is getting the job done, but I regret not having done a bit more research on the front end, as some other solutions might have offered me more of what I was looking for.

Pros

* Customer Service * Ease of use * Pretty nice admin interface * Although there is not much you can do to theme your school without getting into code, what they have out of the box is pretty tasteful in terms of typography and layout

Cons

* No built-in contact form capabilities, and I don't know that you could code your own (if you're tech savvy enough), so that leaves you with a cheesy free embed form that will have someone else's branding on it, or paying at least $10 a month for a white-labeled contact form. I mean, what sort of paid online school doesn't have a "Contact Us" page with a form (as opposed to just an email address)? * Hefty fees if you want to have payments automatically sent out to other authors automatically (wish I knew this before I signed up!). * No ability to sell gift certificates without going through a very manual convoluted process

Linda from CLB Global Services, Inc.

Fantastic platform for online schools.

I was able to create my own online school, website, landing pages and payment portal with ease. I highly recommend Teachable .

Pros

Cons

Unable to add HTML features within the curriculum itself. They do not do any marketing (like Udemy), whereas they would market globally and the school owner would get a smaller percentage of the sales. I think this is good for reaching a larger audience.

I host video training courses on Teachable and love their platform.

Teachable allows me to quickly and easily organize my video course content in a logical manner. This makes course deployment simple and my courses still retain a professional look/feel.

Pros

Teachable is very user friendly and they offer an intuitive user interface. They have features like drag and drop or duplicate that make creating training courses a breeze. I've used other course creation software and I find that Teachable is easier to understand. They also have a lot of documentation and offer support. Also, check out their facebook group...there's lots of valuable info exchanged there about course creation.

Cons

I'm on the basic plan and I think it's a little pricey, but I get it; they're in business to make money. I wish they had a plan between the free plan and the basic plan with less features than the basic as this would probably be a better fit for me.

Quickest way to go online with your courses

Overall experience with Teachable has been great. The UI and UX is soothing from both the views , as a teacher and as a student. Things are seamless and it takes no time to launch a course if you have your material ready.

Pros

- Great UI and UX. - Unlike WordPress, you don't have to plug-in several puzzles together to get the system working. Works fine out of the box. - For those looking for more, they have provided ways to integrate with 3rd party applications. - Teachable does all the heavy lifting by itself allowing you to focus on creating your course.

Cons

Pricing. They may want to look into an alternative pricing structure for teachers interested in few courses with limited no of students. As of now, someone with 100 courses and 10,000 students will pay the same fees as with some one with 5 courses and 500 students.

Baidhurya from E-Learning

The most beginner friendly online course platform

Pros

Teachable offers all the essential features one needs to create and deliver an online course. The platform is super easy to use and it allows you to get started quickly. The pricing is beginner friendly and they even have a free plan.

Cons

Teachable's website building capabilities are really limited at this point. So, unlike their competitors, they don't offer site themes and the page builder has limited customization options as well.

Sarah from Ideas Girl

Fantastic Learning Platform for Online Courses

The Teachable Tribe (Facebook Community) are inspiring as they share their success stories and they're super supportive with any queries you might have and the free training Teachable offers through emails and webinars is second to none. Overall Teachable is a great platform - it looks professional and is easy to use, so you can get started straight away!

Pros

I love that with Teachable you are guided through how to build your school in the dashboard intuitively. You can upload course materials with ease and remain confident that your students will find it easy to navigate through your programme and that the finished result will look really professional. The landing pages to promote each course are easy to complete and customise and they load well.

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about Teachable, it's perfect for online courses and programmes.

Brian from Peachmorph

Teachable got a steady & reliable platform where I can share my knowledge and expertise with others.

Self hosting from Teachable. You don't need to have your own sites, which saved a lot of time in putting up a course online to start marketing and selling.

Pros

Modern and simple interface to work with. Everything is self-explanatory. But there are also plenty of help links and tips in the interfaces to guide you as well. You can also email support for help. You can create an online course hosted on Teachable servers once you have all your content readily created and uploaded. By content, I mean docs, guides, links to videos or actual videos to be uploaded themselves and images. Everything is intuitive for me to explore and experiment. Teachable has got a standard templating system which I found to be simple and easy for me to set up a course at my own time own target.

Cons

The only con is the pricing! It's going to be expensive to sustain for a year which you can get all the premium features plus all the bundle up training courses that Teachable offers. To maximise your value for money, you may sign up for a paid account during their promotional period, which are usually from the free webinars.

Brian Møller from A Mind For You IVS

Teachable - Organizes knowledge and wisdom by the people for the people

I am still using Teachable and like their plans for upgrading to professional use. However i am not impressed with the feautures nor the quality of work. Though it fit my needs as a first time online course creator.

Pros

Easy to use. A simple framework to set up a complete curriculum. Fine sales pages and features to give students access by drip function. So they have to work their way through before accessing the whole course. One can also make a great Curriculum framework and reuse for the next and the next. By the function og duplicating a whole course.

Cons

The inflexibility to make the page look and design in a way that fit the needs for ones own creativity is limited. Also the integrations with other software, landingpages, Eventbrite, Facebook is quite lowkey and can need an upgrade soon. There is very few options for making the page look great in the GUI. But one can use own html to code if so desired.

David from Big Podcast

a solid platform for online courses

Overall, a really great solution for hosting your training materials.

Pros

Have a couple of trainings hosted on Teachable and have found it to be great software. Easy to set up and pretty flexible. I like that it's hosted, meaning I don't have the pressure of worrying with the security and uptime of using my own host.

Cons

Wish the first level had more features, like being able to integrate with Zapier in the way that I need it to, which is automatically adding people who buy via my shopping cart.

Highly customizable software platform for diverse courses, learning groups, and users.

Pros

No two courses need look the same in Teachable -- this software provides excellent and robust options for designing course layout, modules, accessibility, focus areas, and more, while remaining quick to learn and use, which is a plus for busy instructors.

Cons

Not as many students arrive to the class with prior experience using a Teachable-hosted course. The software learning curve is quick and easy, but a bit of learning time is helpful to include.

Dariana Carolina from FUNDEIM

I really love this sofware because I have everything I need to teach my courses!

Pros

I am a language teacher so I need a platform to teach without any worry, Teachable gave me the chance to do it. The first time I used this software was amazing and I fall instantly in love with it because I can have everything organized when I teach my courses. A good thing about this is that you can create all the online courses you want to, even can create some free courses. This allows you to share all the content you need for your classes, you can use GoogleDrive or any other cloud storage site. Also you can create quizzes and evaluations for your classes, forums and give certificates to the participants. The feature that I liked the most is that you have your own domain with the name you select. This is perfect to me!

Nataliia from Consulting

Easy to use, well organized platform for learning

Pros

What I like most about Teachable is that this platform is well organized and its structure courses so simple that couldn't be down in any other way better. I like that it counts my learning progress in the upper left corner. And I like that Teacher lessons show what data it contains like video, a document to download, pictures etc. Nice feature when I'm going through the course the lessons that I went through I marked completed and that's why I know exactly where I left my learning process. Also, one of the greatest differences of the platform is that interface which allows you to focus on the main thing - learning the course and there is nothing that will bother you or took your intention away from it. Just press the fullscreen button and start learning. No interfering elements are involved.

Cons

Cons... I cannot think of any of it right now, because I don't see them. I don't use Teachable platform for distributing my own content just as a learner when I enrolled in somebody else course, but I know for a fact that Teachable despite its simplicity and well-organized structure also provides its own web host, payment processor and if you will put your free course on teachable it will not take any fees from you for peoples enrollments.

Eduardo from Hold Marketing

Great por trainings!

If you’re a teacher or if you want to share your knowledge you’ll love Teachable. The main objective of the platform is to create content to share and sell that knowledge.

Pros

You can start making money by generating slides, videos or material. Has PayPal integrations so you can connect directly to your PayPal account. As a teacher or content creator for education you can categorize content, view learners progress and even detect each one's grades. Has a lot of management tools for large groups of people. You can create a landing page for every course and let the students apply for your courses.

Cons

If you're looking for an internal LMS Teachable is not the solution. But that will be a great opportunity for Teachable to configure and make some updates for a Company LMS product. For sure another business model.

Hoping there is a better software out there.

Pros

Cons

Video uploads take forever. Like 10 times what it take to upload to Youtube. One video of 150 MB can take 1.5-2 hours to upload on extremely high speed internet. (17mb per sec download speed). We have talked to support and they say if our videos are over 500MB then it can take a long time. And if your computer falls asleep it will stop...or it can just stop anyways and you have to start to whole process over again. The bulk uploader is a joke. If you want to upload 10 video plan on staying on your computer for 15 hours. The only reason we have stuck with it is that once you invest 100 hours you hate to throw it away. Also, thinkific doesn't have great analytics, so we feel there is no better option at the moment. If only Google would create good platform.

Meiby from ESCUELA BOLIVARIANA CAMILO CONTREAS

One versatileLLMS

In my experience it is a great teaching platforms, because it allows me to concentrate only on the part of teaching because I do not know much about programming or program updates since the same tool takes care of that and I can concentrate only on the knowledge that they want to give. Can be flexibility for the different audiencia nivel.

Pros

It has several important features but among the most outstanding is very easy to use since the platform is very intuitive and does not correspond a great challenge to use it, besides having a large number of tools from which I can attend the student as for example the power create blogs and finally their different forms of payment gateways can affiliate with different accounts being an excellent option.

Cons

It is an excellent platform because it is simple for both the teacher and the student, adapting to the preferences of the author of the course giving a great capacity for organization over the various contents.

Fast Start for Online Courses

I advise anyone who would like to sell his or her online courses. It has very user friendly interface.

Pros

It has a free plan and you can test most of significant features of the application

Cons

So important some of features are closed in free plan

Tim from Start With Why - Simon Sinek

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Teachable is a forward-thinking Learning Management System with a great team behind it.

This software helps me have a modern and useful course for my users. It takes out the management of affiliates, authentication, and other essential components that would be a pain to build.

Pros

Teachable has so much functionality I expect from my Learning Management System. And the support/team behind it empowers me to provide beautiful courses to my users. Its coupon functionality, homepage design, and course builder are intuitive and powerful. Just recently they have made it possible to give students a certificate for completing the course, which has long been a request of our users.

Cons

I wish there was more API functionality through Teachable. There are useful webhooks, but manipulating data within the platform is limited.

Carol from Ashworth College

Good Customer Service and Training

I love the webinars; they keep me motivated. You won't receive as much one on one unless you choose the more expensive platform.

Pros

It is easy to use and they provide lots of webinars and training. The training is not only focused on user interface, but also entrepreneurial skills.

Cons

Not much. It could be cheaper. I like that they have a three-tiered program but even these could each be cheaper. Maybe a payoff in the end for the company would be a better strategy.

Hanah from SheWrites4TheLord

Industry: Writing and Editing

Create Courses Quickly

Overall, I love creating content with this site. If you have questions, they can help you and help you figure it out. The emails they send with helpful tips and information is great. This site is wonderful for anyone who wants to teach other people information that is valuable.

Pros

I like this software and how I can create courses and content for other people. The site has loads of information and they will also email you simple articles to help you with creating content. I like the helpful tips and how useful they are. I also like how I can put my information on slides, so I can create my courses. I have loads of ideas, so I want to make courses for people to understand. This site has tools that I can add to my content course slides which allows me to be creative for each one.

Cons

It can overwhelm someone at first especially if you just started. The site has loads of areas and boxes. I wish they would minimize just some of the work areas for people who just started with the site. The dashboard main area to do my work on just seems a bit overwhelming. It would be nice if the area didn't have so much on it and the person could click to decrease some of the options on the dashboard fast.

Gene from Bright Spot, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Best Platform I Found

There is only a small learning curve. It is possible to be up and running quickly. The platform seems to be very stable.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use is excellent. The pricing model works best for our purposes.

Cons

Lack of graded quizzes with out moving into a more costly plan.

Reasons for Choosing Teachable

The pricing model worked best for us.

Great low maintenance platform

Pros

It's really easy to get up and started on Teachable - it's possible if you're not tech savvy (I got my cousin to try it) and really fast & simple if you are. Now that they're adding features comparable with more premium tools - like in affiliate management and customizable checkout pages, it's great to have everything in one spot.

Cons

Its all-in-one nature does mean that sometimes you have a few things - like instant payouts - that are only on the largest plan/more expensive than with a niche tool's plan, but then you'd need to use multiple niche tools.

Great platform, I wish there was a couple of extra features

Pros

Teachable really can help new teachers who would like to start selling their lessons, as they provide a great free plan. After someone start earning some money can upgrade to the next plans, getting the advantage of great extra features. I hope that they won't change their free plan with adding more limitations, as many other services have done in the past.

Cons

I don't like the fact that many features are available only via the Zippier integration. That means, you need an extra tool to learn and you need am extra service to pay every month. At least, teachable should be able to let professionals create 2-3 upsell options, and more importantly to give the the ability to create membership plans for their courses, with a trial period that automatically would upgrade to the standard pricing plan. Now someone needs to duplicate the course, create two separate pricing plans, integrate with Zapier and create a route where when someone pass the trial period, zappier will delete him from one source and then enrolling him to the other. Too complicated.

Mariah from Self Employed

The easiest, most streamlined online course platform out there.

I'm able to offer two online courses for my blog audience and create a new revenue stream for my business.

Pros

I love that Teachable handles all of the online payments, accepts all major credit cards, and handles any taxes necessary. I also love that they not only offer a platform to host your sites, but also include sales pages, check out pages, and thank you pages.

Cons

I wish some of the reporting was easier to find and understand. It can be pretty difficult to break down income streams within the program. It can also be difficult to maneuver the backend of the site in general. I always struggle to find how to change preset text, as well as find more information about my students (like who completed the course and when, etc).

Akhilesh from Notes for IAS

It's a good alternative to marketplace platforms like Udemy

Pros

Offers a free plan to try the basic features . The interface is very intuitive and with supporting docs and responsive customer support , the learning curve is not steep at all . The course making interface is simple drag and drop editor and very easy to use . The aesthetic look of the front end can be made as good as your creativity can take you .

Cons

The content types that can be added are files , videos , quizzes , etc . Just like Udemy by and large . Nothing built on authoring tools like say, articulate can be hosted here . That's a big let down .

Rocky from HeyItsRocky

Teachable is fantastic if you need to get a course up and running without the technical know-how

Pros

The two LMS platforms I recommend to entrepreneurs are Teachable/Thinkific. Everything around a online course can be built on Teachable. That way, you can focus on making course content and teaching your students.

Cons

The lack of mobile responsiveness, and embedded content is hit or miss. I had trouble embedding a online form for quiz taking, and the workaround didn't work.

May 2016

Kyle

May 2016

Teachable Is Great!

I've tried out Ruzuku, Thinkific, Kajabi (Abnormally expensive), and a ZippyCourses, along with a couple more wordpress plugins. Teachable is hands down THE BEST platform I've found (and it's oddly cheaper). The team is great, agile, and when you join you become part of the teachable community, that is ALWAYS there for you. It's not just the software that makes Teachable so great, but the connections and information you get as well. They work with a huge network of incredible influencers and entrepreneurs that I've personally networked with and now worked with, and their information is top notch.

Pros

Incredible customer service, drip content, beautiful platform, awesome reporting, great editing features, and a bunch of integrations.

Cons

Ankur sometimes takes a while to get back to you. But he IS the CEO. I'm surprised he even answers our questions.

Baidhurya

Teachable is pretty darn good

They have a lot to offer for anyone building courses, from solopreneurs who teach to large companies who provide internal training. It's also pretty affordable overall.

Pros

There's a lot of things to like about Teachable. You can host your content, have it locked for only paid customers, and lots of reporting tools to see how your students are doing. There's plenty of integrations as well, and you can modify the landing pages/sales pages/course pages. It's awesome.

Cons

There's not really much that I don't like about Teachable. I do wish they offered some features like free trials of our courses, but it's not a major con. The work around would be to provide a free course, that funnels into a paid course.

Joe from ePaymints

Poor support, steep learning curve

I was working with two friends to create a course for financial advisors. We tried Teachable first, but the site went down at an unfortunate time, we got locked out of our account at another critical time, and its interface was just too convoluted. eachable's support was very unhelpful in the early stages. So, we switched to Thinkific and were much happier.

Pros

You can create very nice looking courses and have access to all the features students might expect.

Cons

Like any similar software, there is a steep learning curve. It isn't so difficult, but at the beginning there are inevitably many questions until one gets used to the interface. Teachable's support was very unhelpful in the early stages.

Melissa from Childproof Parenting

Teachable makes becoming a online course creator easy!

Pros

I have been using Teachable for at least the last 2 years. It has allowed me to share many of my courses with a wider audience. I love getting new students when I am asleep!!!

Cons

There isn't anything that I would say that I don't like about Teachable

Stephanie from Stephanie Reissner

Ok for what it is

While at the beginning I liked that people weren't able to search for courses on Teachable, I have found it difficult to gain traction- and think this might be a benefit for new users (but perhaps something that could be turned off for veteran users).

Pros

For basic text uploading, graphics, etc, Teachable is a quick and easy solution to get a course up quickly.

Cons

I dislike that the free option is going away for users with more than 10 students. I also dislike that Teachable still takes a cut of sales, even with paid options. It's not the most user-friendly for more than basic options.

Abigail from PROVESTIA

Attractive and easy to use dashboard

Made it easy to sell my courses directly to my student without losing a decent percent of my income

Pros

Easy to use, The admin dashboard is easy and pretty straightforward, I like the "How do I" drop-down button as it's really helpful when stuck. I like the fact that the dashboard provides links to tutorials on how to create a course and how to customize the look and feel of your website/classroom. What I really loved was that the information part of the course creation process is a lot like Skillshare and Udemy, that made me relax as it was a familiar system.

Cons

The emails. I'd prefer they stick to sending an email one or twice a month or even three. Last month alone I received 12 emails from them. That's a bit too much for me. Sadly, the link to the tutorial on how to customize the look and feel of the classroom is broken. Thinkific's free plan offers more than Teachable free plan.

Anissa from Impact Virtual Solutions

Industry: Graphic Design

Great for basic course creation

I like Teachable for creating simple courses to make money off of. Design wise, they could allow for more page builder features that would allow users to create more beautiful sales pages. Additionally, the e-mail drip notifications are all UTC+0 and that can be very confusing for anyone outside the timezone. Being able to set our own timezone and schedule emails without worrying about time conversion is helpful.

Pros

I like that this is very easy to use and user friendly. I found it quite easy to use when creating courses.

Cons

Even with the Power Editor, the design features for sales pages could be better.

Brittany from University of Idaho

Web = Great, Mobile = Pain

Online learning has been cumbersome in the past to say the least. This not only simplifies and streamlines it, but it makes it a bit addicting as well. Overall positive review with recommendations. Just stay away from the app. It's flawed.

Pros

Interface is easy to navigate, options for action are straightforward, and payment system makes sense. All adds up to a great experience, at least on a web browser.

Cons

The mobile app is non-functional. Try to do the same things you do on a browser using the same interface and you'll probably uninstall the app like I did. It just doesn't work.

Angela from Cooper City Christian Academy

Reviewed this product for classroom use...and found a second source of income for colleagues

Pros

The software is intuitive and I can use what I load in class and use it. Once it's saved, it's there for years to come. I can have as many students and courses as I want...and I can sell them if I am able to do so (maybe a project for later)

Cons

The pricing of this program makes it lack feasibility for my school or classroom. To have five owners, we would pay a month. If I am able to sell my courses, then this might be offset by the income...I'm unsure since that's not my purpose in use. For classroom instruction, this program probably isn't the best. But, if you have great courses you can sell (private industry), you may make good money with this. It just wasn't a fit for my purposes.

Ray from Downtown Billings Alliance

Love Teachable- especially how willing they are to help you get started!

Pros

They make it super affordable to get started, moreso than most other decent platforms. I also like how much training and help they give, and that their structure is pretty easy to understand.

Cons

I don't like how similar it is in style to Udemy. Udemy seems to be the platform that real online course marketers love to hate, so mimicking their style seems to undermine their expertise.

Shannon from Plus One Virtual Solutions

A solid course builder that's easy to set up.

This is a solid platform for selling your online courses. The setup is easy and the learning curve is small.

Pros

I tried Teachable after deciding against a course plugin for my Wordpress site. I appreciate that the learning curve is not steep and that the course setup process is easy.

Cons

Moving around in the course builder is not as smooth as I'd like compared to other course builders. The basic plan options are limited compared to the upper plans, so I'm not getting the need for transaction fees too.

Jennifer from River Park

Great value

All positive experiences! Teachable is so easy to use, but any time you have a question, their knowledge base, courses and support teams can always help.

Pros

Teachable is so easy to use and offers a flexible way to get courses online.

Cons

I would like to add SCORM compliant elements to courses which is not an option in Teachable.