What are Tutor LMS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Tutor LMS software through verified user reviews

• icon"There are so many features in Tutor LMS that are really good."
  • icon"We used the free opensource edition and we were impressed about the easiness of integration with WordPress and ability to edit the source code to fit our need, in short."
  • icon"Basically it just flows when you are building and drag and drop helps out a lot. You can build a simple or complex learning management system with free or payed capabilities."
  • icon"Bugs in the plugin and terrible support. We lost time and money with administrators losing content uploaded to the courses."
  • icon"To sum up, what I hate the most about Tutor LMS is their attitude. They don't care about their customers at all."
  • icon"The customer support, its just terrible i cant stress enough how bad it is."

Browse all Tutor LMS Reviews

• Have you used Tutor LMS and would like to share your experience with others?

Darien

Tutor LMS is a very simple & easy to use Learning Management System

Overall, I'm still in the process of building the website that is using Tutor LMS, but have been incredibly impressed with everything Tutor LMS offers. The simplicity of the platform has made the setup very easy, which is incredible as it makes my life much easier.

Pros

Setting up Tutor LMS has been way easier than I ever expected - offering a simple install-and-it's-pretty-much-ready option. We are in the process of launching an e-learning platform for our church, and Tutor LMS has made the process way simpler than I would have ever expected - giving the ability for even tech illiterate people to create courses with only a little bit of training. While this free version does not compare with the added features of PRO, having a free version with this much versatility is incredible - anyone could very quickly setup a website, build a home page with basic info, and then drop Tutor LMS in and have a ready-to-use learning platform. Tutor also allows for paid courses, integrating very quickly with WooCommerce to allow for payment processing of courses.

Cons

Tutor LMS is very easy-to-use and offers beautiful pre-built templates for all Tutor LMS pages, however it does not offer much customizability for those pages (without perhaps extensive CSS coding). Fortunately this does not matter too much, as their pre-built template is very reminiscent of a Material Design 2.0 style, however it could be problematic for people who's web style does not match that of Tutor's.

Reasons for choosing Tutor LMS

The reviews and free tier option that allowed me to use the product before making a purchasing decision

The free edition is near perfect for SMBs

The free edition is perfect for SMBs, couldn't face any bugs or technical issues since the deployment and the opensource community is of much support.

Pros

We used the free opensource edition and we were impressed about the easiness of integration with WordPress and ability to edit the source code to fit our need, in short: 1- Ease of integration. 2- Flexibility to be edited. 3- Free.

Cons

1- Lacks some of the major LMS features such as Evaluations, certifications, etc. (It's found in the paid edition of course) 2- No support for the free edition, but the opensource community is more than enough for us.

Reasons for choosing Tutor LMS

1- Free 2- Easy to edit. 3- Easy to implement with WordPress and integrate with other opensource applications.

Reasons for switching to Tutor LMS

1- WizIQ used to be great, but started experiencing server issues which weren't resolved. 2- Poor technical support team who do not reply or do not resolve the issues.

Amy

Promising but does not live up to potential; support is awful

Awful. Misleading information. Unkind support. I couldn't even get help until I asked for a refund and left a 1-star review. Still no refund, even though they told me they never hold back refunds. They said they'd issue a refund if I get on a video call with their team lead between my local hours of 11PM and 6AM and if he can't fix all the issues I've had. I don't care if he can fix them. I don't support them anymore. I don't want to deal with them anymore. I moved to LearnDash, and it's just so, so much better.

Pros

I like the look of the software and the promise of so many integrations. The potential is what won me over. They promised full Gutenberg editor, integration with Elementor, quizzes, reviews, Woocommerce integration, and so much more. All the functionality and ease of use was so so promising. Too bad it didn't live up to any of that.

Cons

Most of the features and integrations Tutor LMS advertises are not true integrations. Gutenberg can only be used on the course home page. You canNOT use Gutenberg for lessons/quizzes/assignments. You have to use classic editor. It also was buggy for me, where any time I'd edit a lesson/quiz/assignment, everything that was already there would be deleted. When I asked support, they said it wasn't Tutor LMS's fault; it's my theme's fault. And that basically sums up my experience with support. Nothing is ever their fault, ever. Instead of making software that actually works with the giants like Elementor, Wordpress (it was a standard Wordpress theme), they say it's the giants' fault. The Woocommerce integration is also extremely buggy. If you just look at the support forums, there's always people asking about issues. I had so many issues with it, and support kept giving me conflicting advice (different support members told me to have a box checked, but others said to not have that box checked). When I brought it up when I left a 1-star review on the Wordpress plugin page, again it was not Tutor LMS's fault! They said, "We have a lot of new support team members, sorry." No sign that they'll make sure to train them better. Nothing. To sum up, what I hate the most about Tutor LMS is their attitude. They don't care about their customers at all. They don't care that the information they present is misleading. They just say, "Well, we're adding more functions to these integrations."

Chandril

Worth a shot but with reservations

I am confused if the PRO is substantially different from FREE. Because I paid $599 and now am struggling to convince myself that PRO is different from the FREE but it's not really that big of a different. Or if I might say...if you are a beginner like me then go for FREE...not PRO. Pro is just few additional features which are often useless to me at least.

Pros

I loved the UI. It looks good to the customers/students. Looks more professional than many other options. Plus, it's on Lifetime Deal right now.

Cons

The customer care is OKish. I mean not as prompt as you would like. The live chat is mostly for pre-sales queries. Once you buy the product they will not entertain you. They will ask you to email them and wait for days to get their reply. If you are in rush then god save you. Implementation is not easy at all. So, customer care is much required. They have some documentation and few old videos on Youtube but I think they should create more tutorials teaching their latest updates. BTW the refund is not "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" and they will ask you a lot of questions if you ask for refund. I am concerned that once my refund period is over they might not address my issues as promptly.

Saad Ahmed

A complete Learning Management System which is easy to understand and free to start selling courses

While working in a software development firm I installed this learning management system for several clients. And this is the first choice we offer to our clients because of its unique functionalities and extremely positive feedback from several clients in the education industry.

Pros

This is the most complete learning management system available for WordPress as well as for the mobile app. The best things about this LMS is that it integrates with Woocommerce and Elementor for free and it also integrates with the mobile app using RestAPI. Moreover, its premium version offers with a lifetime licence, as well as front end course development functionality. These all the capabilities of Tutor LMS make it a unique system that offer every thing required to start an online educational institution.

Cons

The system is so much complete that I cannot find any major problem with it. However, it can be more improved if it offers more shortcodes and front end course development for free.

Because it offers Woocommerce and Elementor integration for free

Islam

great lms to start ... not to end with

i see that tutor lms has a great functions library to start with, and a very bad UI design effect easy of use a small effort in design will change a lot.

Pros

this software has good advantages points but most of it for me as a developer is easy to develop, unlike other lms; tutor has cool documentation help me with edit classes , controllers and customize view , the ease to develop open the door to dozen function to be add as i have the great built in functions, that make me said that tutor lms is a greate lms to start with , if you have the right developer you can do any thing with it.

Cons

tutor lms has major disadvantage i believe they didnot consider appearance whene they bulid lms i mean what a bad look student dashboard have, they even forget to have breadcrumbs whick cost me nothing to add but that effect the overall image of lms.

Reasons for choosing Tutor LMS

it easy to develop and customize

Nabila

You can literally build a Udemy Clone with Tutor LMS

I have thoroughly enjoyed the UX of Tutor LMS and the amazing details you get with this plugin. The course creation process is not only made easier but very well organized. You can create professional sites and not have any issues whatsoever. Moreover, they have great customer support who have helped me with any query I have had so far.

Pros

There are so many features in Tutor LMS that are really good. I particularly enjoy the frontend course builder which I have not seen in any other LMS. It helps me create courses on the go and see how it looks live. Instructors in my eLearning site can also create courses on the frontend without depending on any admin. The process is made so much easier and efficient with Tutor LMS frontend course builder.

Cons

Although the LMS is quite new in the market, they're still missing a few features like the content drip.

Unsatisfactory Customer Service

Not good. Very displeased.

Pros

The product is not bad for the price however it is priced at the top end for similar versions of the functionality. The plugin is also littered with bugs. The support is slow, has email send and receive issues and also has no ticketing system on their site which makes support virtually impossible. We have since deleted this plugin and moved to an alternative.

Cons

Bugs in the plugin and terrible support. We lost time and money with administrators losing content uploaded to the courses. Very annoying.

Reasons for choosing Tutor LMS

Just to try it out. We wish we hadnt.

Kiera

Great potential, but awlful support

a product with great potential but their support team really lets it down.

Pros

theme looks great and easy to manage design changes.

Cons

the customer support, its just terrible......i cant stress enough how bad it is. even if it was free i would'nt use it again.

Reasons for choosing Tutor LMS

liked the themes they had...big mistake, never judge a book by its cover as they say.

Reasons for switching to Tutor LMS

better support.....dont mind paying more for a product with better support.

Jorge Edel

Easy to setup WP LMS

Pros

At first I was worried that it would be really complex like other plugins. But then I got it going and it's really easy to setup. Basically it just flows when you are building and drag and drop helps out a lot. You can build a simple or complex learning management system with free or payed capabilities.

Cons

Would like the option to have templates to choose different style.

Nazia

Amazing solution for instructors!

Tutor LMS has one of the best UI compared to other plugins that I have tried in the market. As an instructor I get almost all the options I require to build my courses and exams. They also have amazing customer support that has helped me any time I get stuck.

Pros

There are numerous features in Tutor LMS that make it very easy for instructors to create a comprehensive course in Tutor LMS. One of the best features is the quiz creator in Tutor LMS that enables one to build absolutely any kind of question paper. I ger over 10 types of question types to choose from, randomizing question options and automated checking. The frontend course builder lets me see exactly how my quizzes appear to students.

Cons

I am yet to experience any cons with Tutor LMS. Obviously it could still incorporate more features and there's always room for improvement. So far Tutor LMS has been very easy and efficient to use.

Philip

Industry: Animation

Terrible product and customer service

Terrible in every way

Pros

This product has broken our WordPress site and Themeum.com provide no support whatsoever. Avoid this product at all costs. We will be going back to Learndash which is a far more reliable plugin.

Cons

The fact that it broke our website and also the terrible customer service

Reasons for choosing Tutor LMS

Because we were mislead into thinking it was better.

Tutor LMS