All The Mortgage Office Reviews

Sandra

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Complete & Powerful Software Program with add on Modules giving you options to expand your services.

PROS

The software handles all aspects of Loan Servicing within the program. The integration of the different modules makes using the program seamless. I have used several Forms Design programs in the past and the Custom Letters & Reports program is well designed and extremely east to use.

CONS

I have been involved in writing a custom Collection Program, integrating an Accounting Program with other Loan Servicing Software as well as using other Loan Servicing Software for 27+ years and by farm The Mortgage Office is the BEST. To answer your question what I like least about the program is that it is a Massive and covers every aspect of Loan Servicing; which makes it the BEST of programs.

SHERRI

Reviewed January 2024

Best money spent

It has been wonderful for many years. I came from a company that had the software in 83, when I started my own I choose the same software in 85.

PROS

We are able to do the work of two employees with just one. Less money by far.

CONS

Very little. I have been working with this software since 1983.

Robert

Reviewed August 2017

Owned for over three years. Very complex, Updates routinely have major bugs. Understaffed Support.

We service a private loan portfolio and prepare 1098 forms for borrowers. This has worked well in the past, but current bugs are causing concern that the 1098 forms will need to be double checked during the very busy month of January.

PROS

The concept and theoretical flexibility of the software is really cool. The reports are generally well formatted. Borrower communication options are varied and allow easy email, but the calculations need to be correct.

CONS

Very complex, takes months to learn to use. Easily allows problem entries. Support is pleasant, but lacks everyday use knowledge. 4 to 6 steps required for tasks like simply advancing interest on a construction loan. Tracking of % complete and % disbursed on construction takes longer in The Mortgage Office than in a simple Excel spreadsheet. Over the last year the whiz bang modules that they are adding look great, but as updates occur with the main, modules of servicing, the lack of testing is clear as each update precipitates major bugs which cost my staff scores of hours. Customer service is helpless as they are not prepped for the updates and typically don't have the operating expertise to comprehend the full scope of the problem. , but they are nice people. Support calls are seldom answered within an hour. Typically it's about a 24 hour turnaround, with a call to us (Mountain Time) just about the time my staff is walking out the door.

Estefania

Reviewed March 2024

Portfolio management is a piece of cake!

Managing the borrower pool is a piece of cake when using TMO, so I would highly recommend this software to others.

PROS

The Mortgage Office has it all: dynamic modules, customazible grids, easy reporting system.

CONS

Their support time of response sometimes can take up to 48 hours.

Julie

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

TMO Review

I would stay with this software for as long as I have my business.

PROS

Works efficiently and the team is very knowledgable. Theyn have a great support staff as well.

CONS

I did not find anything that did not work well.

Banking

Reviewed April 2018

Huge help for me to streamline my business

PROS

The ability it has given me to focus on making deals and not updating 100 different spreadsheets. I was working between spreadsheets daily, updating new loans, draws , and investor payments. Having this all in one place has been a game changer!

CONS

Not much to complain about, really like it a lot. We have found a few kinks in the system as far as reporting and payment but we generally have found a work around and most of it was probably user error and just getting to know the system!

Eric

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2018

The Mortgage Office is very capable software.

PROS

I most value The Mortgage Office's versatility and capabilities. I service many thousands of loans very easily from the software.

CONS

I would say the most troublesome area of this software is related to certain custom reports, you must be familiar with SQL or Crystal Reports to accomplish certain things.

Reviewed July 2023

What a great service! Useful and compatible with my requirements

PROS

Very easy to use and What a great service! Useful and compatible with my requirements

Tatiana

Reviewed March 2024

TMO follows your expansion

PROS

features can be customized at any time (from simple tasks and shortcuts up to mapping and making the system meet your growing needs) different modules for specific purposes easy to search by only a few letters of a name/property address etc. great customer support

CONS

initial onboarding sessions weren't enough. In my opinion It'd be helpful to start learning basics from video tutorials of some sort and then to go deeper into customizing and addressing specific requests with a team member.

Jill

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

TMO Review

The Mortgage Office support staff have been great. Questions asked are answered. Support is quick to respond and will walk you through until you have complete understanding. All staff have been helpful, courteous, knowledgeable.

PROS

Ease of setting up new accounts/loan files in system. There is a good flow to setting up new files.

CONS

So far, no "least" likes - all experiences have been positive.

Reasons for switching to The Mortgage Office

To enhance customer service. Allow for better online access for both buyers and lenders.

Heather

Banking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Multiuse, Multilevel Software

The Mortgage Office is such a great software backed by a great experienced team. The software is innovative and always makes your process easier and quicker. This also happens with the team behind the scenes. When any issues arise, the support team is on top of it. As our company grows, so do our software needs and this is a cause for continuous training. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and her crew are amazing! The in person training is totally worth the trip! You are able to customize the training to really dive deep into the topics that interest your company. Ramiro has all the tips and tricks to save time and being able to pick his brain about TMO is a real treat! The hospitality here is unmatched !

PROS

This software allows you to customize to fit your own needs. It is capable of tackling complex setups with the different tools available. Very user friendly. Where we would spend hours in just creating and sending letters and notices, the mortgage office fast tracks this and many other tasks by using its custom letters capability. Time saver!

CONS

At this time, Lucro is fully satisfied with this software

Rick

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Great Loan origination for small private money lender

Wouldn’t be such a long-time customer if we weren’t so happy with the overall product features, benefits and support.

PROS

After nearly 18 years as a user on dedicated local server, we made the switch to the cloud-based AWS version and couldn’t be happier. Timing was excellent as the pandemic followed soon after installation. A key benefit is this platforms now works on most all systems, including iOS. That’s great news for small operators like myself.

CONS

We struggled initially with a few features but utilized the vendor’s excellent tech support to resolve. Maintenance support is pricey but is top of the line.

Reason for choosing The Mortgage Office

We did not want to have to toggle between programs or deal with unprofessional vendors. ABS/TMO was the obvious choice.

Reasons for switching to The Mortgage Office

Prior vendor became problematic and declining customer support.

Annette

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

The software is so stable, I never experience downtime.

I've been using The Mortgage Office for 5 years. My monthly invoicing process went from being a 2-day challenge to a 2-hour piece of cake. My support needs are rare, but I still run into an occasional problem because I have entered something wrong and can't find it myself. Invariably the support staff is readily available, responsive, competent, and dedicated to getting me back on track. Plus the software is so stable, I never experience downtime. Just a great product.

PROS

Reliability. I trust TMO to keep accurate, consistent records

CONS

The first month billing can't be longer than 30 days. We usually do not invoice our borrower until the end of the first full month following closing, so there is often a 32-60 day gap. If we don't send out an invoice at the end of the month in which the loan closes, the borrower's billing statement reports them as late.

Richard

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2014

ABS-TMO Loan Service Software

My mortgage company invested in the ABS loan service software in 1981. We were lucky to have originally selected ABS because, through the years, they have outperformed the other companies we've examined, that have developed along the way. ABS has continued to frequently upgrade not only their programs but the software and systems that drive their loan service software, TMO. I've been very happy with the customer service; however, some of our employees have on occasion expressed a desire for higher levels; in fairness, I believe the ABS customer service is above the average of most software companies with which we've dealt. Accommodating convenience and ease of use is strong. ABS allows huge volumes of supporting files, loan documents, appraisals, ETC, to be available at a click from within a specific loan file; more important is that the method they've designed does so without noticeably slowing the system. ABS appears to have strived to accommodate requirements of the many new loan servicing regulations as they have developed in recent years. Although, we have worried about ABS meeting some of the required loan service deadlines and on a few occasions began developing work around procedures in case the programming changes were not made in time. In the end, our concerns were unnecessary and ABS delivered by the regulatory deadlines. Note: The software agreement is unusual; potential clients should carefully read and understand the agreement which is easy to inadvertently violate by accessing the program from a home or other remote connection unless a single laptop is used in all locations in conjunction with a single dedicated terminal server. In the end, the negative issues mentioned herein are relatively small in relationship to the overall quality and ease of use of the product and of the company's history of updating the quality and performance of their systems as well as accommodating the required regulatory changes. I have not seen another system I'd rather have; even at a much higher price.

Janet

Reviewed October 2021

You Won't Regret Getting This Software

I have been using the software for 4 months now and at this time, I'm fully operational and I can call myself an "advanced" user. My success of using this software is due largely to [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. These two technical support staff have been so patient with me and had supported me throughout the bad times when I mess up things in the software or ask stupid questions. They made me a better user of the software so that I can get the most out of all the features.

PROS

Software is easy to use and technical support is second to none. Fast technical support response and each support staff is patient and understanding. I love the follow up after the support team assisted me with a problem to ensure that I'm operating smoothly and that my problem was solved. This is one software where I can customize my own documents with my own customize fields which make this work for me. Love the statement generation feature. I also love the fact that my other colleagues can view loan details without having me generating or summarizing the loan details for them. The many features offered by the software save me time and allow me to spend the time on other matters.

CONS

I have nothing bad to say about this software.

Reason for choosing The Mortgage Office

Good feedback from other local users.

Reasons for switching to The Mortgage Office

The other software was too complicated to use and technical support was poor.

Dianne

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2018

The conversion from our previous software, training and implementation was a breeze.

Efficiencies are key to a great team. This software allows my team to manage the easier aspects of the job quickly and easily leaving them more time to focus on other projects.

PROS

The Escrow Analysis, Payment Application, Conversation Logs, Statements and Past Due Notices. The ability to reformat our communication to customers quickly and easily. The entire software package has made our mortgage management efficient and accurate.

CONS

It's not necessarily a con but would love to have an adhoc reporting tool. Some of the fields have no reporting tools embedded in the software and I would love to be able to pull them out.

Loren

Government Administration, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2019

So functional!

My overall experience has been pleasant. After the training, it was realized that we could use many other parts of this software in other parts of our daily business. We have even seamlessly added another kind of loan service for our citizens.

PROS

The smart views is my favorite place to be in The Mortgage Office. This application makes it simple to group different kinds of loans together and see that total of that type of loan. The attachments in each loan folder has also helped us cut down on the hard files that were being stored.

CONS

I do not have a least favorite function.

Denise