All ClickUp Reviews

Allen

Hospital & Health Care, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

ClickUp Review: Jump Right In.

Denise

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2022

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

PROS

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

CONS

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

When it comes to keeping track of everything that is going on in my life, Clickup has been a lifesaver. In comparison to Asana and Trello, it's a lot more feature rich. They offer a lot of cool widgets and connectors in their task tool, which allows for a lot of personalization. It does, in fact, aid in increasing output.

eva

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Advanced task and idea management

PROS

It has all the features you could need and has great overview and calendar integration functionalities. Love the dashboard view and calculation options

CONS

Not for beginners who need something simple, can get a bit overwhelming. Free version doesn't include all the options i need

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I needed more options. I also liked the list functions.

Natascia

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Like But Not Love

It is a pretty good system with a lot of options but it needs a bit of help as it is a bit glitchy.

PROS

ClickUp is absolutely great in that there are many little things you can do with it from setting tasks to assigning multiple subtasks as well.

CONS

It is glitchy when setting up boards as it can take time for things to properly show up.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

It allowed more opportunity to make actions and mini actions.

Cassandra

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

The project management tool to end all other project management tools

This is the one application that I recommend to friends again and again. It's the best way to manage projects and get tasks done while maintaining visibility with other team members when necessary. If there's ever an issue, ClickUp is there to help and listen. I'll be a ClickUp user for life if the product continues to develop like it has in the past years.

PROS

Regardless the size of my task or complexity of my project, ClickUp provides the tools that I need to stay organized, prioritized, and track important steps in my process. It's helped my team stay on track and accomplish more than we could have ever imagined possible. It's fully customizable and easy to use. Very intuitive and great on desktop and on mobile.

CONS

The mobile app has all the features, but if feels a little clunky in comparison to the desktop app—having to click in the top left, look at the bottom, etc. By no means is it bad, but it took some getting used to.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Because Trello doesn't have enough features and Jira isn't as customizable as I'd like.

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Clickup - An Ok Review

Overall experience is not entirely bad. It's decent and I go back to it for task management and collaboration which I think they've sort of gotten right. The modern feel also tends to draw me in.

PROS

So I think I like the interface best about click up. Inviting, grabbing and can be easy to use once you get into it. Love the use of colours and also modern feel. I like that you also document using their notes feature and also the different templates available too.

CONS

So what I don't particularly like is the clutterness. I wish there was something like bases that seperate different bases like airtable here. Would make it easier to access my tasks and other documents. The hierarchical layered folder model feels a bit cluttered to me. The last time I used it. I couldn't also use formula properly. It was frustrating.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

I'm currently using more of Airtable now. But I go back to clickup for the modern task management template.

Gal

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Pro's and Con's of ClickUp

ClickUp is one of the greatest tools of the market if you buy the license. It has even more funcionalities that you'll need and its user interface is easy to use.

PROS

ClickUp has lots of funcionalities that allow you to manage your projects freely, all in one place

CONS

Most of its funcionalities are locked behind a paywall

Steve

E-Learning, 1 employee

Podcast/E-Learning Production Awesome-ness

It's the program I was looking for, and I don't use a team (yet), which is where it's spending most of its development time (understandably). If/when I am prepared to expand my business, ClickUp will still be the tool.

PROS

GANTT charts and dependencies, timelines and warnings, reminders of steps and re-usable templates episode by episode, online lesson production to next, ClickUp does what I need it to. Anything else is a stand-alone spreadsheet in comparison.

CONS

The initial interface for a new user is truly intimidating, and it doesn't have to be. ClickUp University does a fair job of leading folks through (but it was incomplete when I began using it). So prepare for a period of time for learning its functional power and versatility--and definitely engage the user communities on social media who are very helpful. Recommendations: Design an onboarding experience that shows a more rudimentary interface that increases in complexity as the user gets comfortable and engages new options; right now, it's the opposite: showing everything and having users slim down what they don't need.

Laban

Reviewed March 2024

All-in-one solution to simplify project management

We have had a great experience with clickup since it has brought about organization and order in our task and project management which has enhanced efficiency.

PROS

I appreciate its customizable nature that enables us to modify our project management workflows according to our project strategies. Its time tracking capabilities have been instrumental in helping us to estimate the time required for each task which enables us to save on time and resources.

CONS

Its mobile application has a lot of room for improvement in its functionality so as to enhance the productivity of project management on the go.

Osmond

Reviewed April 2024

Innovative platform for streamlining project and workflow management

PROS

I like how clickup enables you to view the gradual progress of your projects in different ways(views) which makes it quite flexible. I also like its vast number of tools for collaborative work and sharing information.

CONS

It would be great if more integrations with third-party tools were added to extend its functionality.

Kam Ling

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Align your tasks to your goals

PROS

While not a popular feature used, I like the goal-setting feature where I can align my daily tasks to the goals, ensuring what I work on on a daily basis are contributing to the bigger goal.

CONS

I hope it's easy to link a task to the goal from the goal page. So I can look at the goal, and think of the list of tasks I can work on today that will contribute to the goal.

Oyaro

Reviewed April 2024

Improving productivity and collaboration with Clickup

PROS

The tool provides an easy to use interface and analytics which makes project management easy enhancing productivity through collaboration.

CONS

The tool works well and we have not encountered any issue so far.

Laura

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

ClickUp is the best way to productivity

ClickUp's extensive features make it ideal for businesses who need to automate procedures and workflows and may serve a wide variety of customers. This works wonderfully for us as a business. For businesses with fewer customers and fewer personnel who need transparency and procedures, it may be overkill.

PROS

ClickUp is used to efficiently monitor tasks and time spent. ClickUp has been a fantastic assistance in supplying documentation and tracking right time on each work, as well as keeping the data logged securely so that we can examine it at any time.

CONS

It would be wonderful if the recurring tasks were less buggy. Automation software that makes use of pre-existing applications. Having a Reminder System That Works Outside of the House.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Before we started utilizing ClickUp, there was almost no transparency when it comes to employees knowing or comprehending their daily duties. It was also difficult to meet deadlines since project managers lacked the information they needed to see the status of their projects at a glance.

Yann

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

THE project management tool (after having tried several others)

ClickUp has quickly become the tool I manage most of my business tasks, projects, and work. There are only a couple of tools I use on a daily basis — and that help move my business forward — and ClickUp is at the top of the list!

PROS

There's plenty of things I like about ClickUp. What stands up for me is its user interface and, among other things, the ability to easily switch the dashboard view from Task List and Calendar to Board (Kanban-like). There's so much one can do in terms of organizing the project management spaces and products, as well as features and options you can add to and activate for specific tasks — labels, due dates, assignment and dependencies (great for when you have task B that can be completed only after task A has been completed). And ClickUp has something I consider a MUST for a project management tool, but that some still don't have, a smartphone and tablet app.

CONS

ClickUp has quite the variety of features and this may feel a little bit overwhelming, especially when starting out with the tool

Reason for choosing ClickUp

I was drawn by its array of features and design

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I felt that the information displayed with the Kanban view in Trello board started to become challenging to understand and process, as the board became more and more populated with content. It began feeling "too crowded".

Dominique

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Asana on Steroids

PROS

Features Not only is ClickUp more robust than other management softwares on the market it is more visually appealing. The commitment to providing different templates instead of taking a silly "minimalist" approach that seems to be trendy everywhere even in areas/industries where it doesn't make sense is great and allows project managers to provide different views of a project to get the full perspective on where the progress is and needs to go. Transparency and Innovation The constant improvement and level of transparency they provide in terms of where the product is going along with the genuine consideration they give their users by not only providing a transparent way to make suggestions but also ACTUALLY act on them is amazing. Reasonably Priced The best part is that they openly and freely provide a way to negotiate price and provide very reasonable fair pricing that doesn't leave small businesses struggling to stay organized. Many competitors have very rigid pricing that leaves 2 people teams with big projects and tiny budgets SOL. Had we not been able to negotiate we would not have been able to sign up for pro. As with anything great they're not completely perfect, there's still some features that feel missing (bulk subtask selection, bulk task duplication) but thats OK —  its still a company ran by real humans and nobody is perfect. But I do think between the open roadmap, constant improvement, tonne of features and negotiable price they're pretty close.

CONS

Missing Features Some more seemingly basic features seem to be missing (bulk subtask selection, bulk task duplication) IG Instagram integrated view like twitter doesn't exist yet More is more (things to learn) If you're like me and not a project manager/ have a clear vision of how you need to set up your views it can be overwhelming - there's definitely a lot to learn

Reason for choosing ClickUp

Price and view options relative to subscription level —> basic things were not locked away and higher priced subscriptions like their competitors do and they were willing to negotiate price given the size of our team.

Olakunle

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Very powerful project management tool for freelancers/small businesses

I've been using ClickUp as a project management tool to help oversee subcontractors and give clients insights into how a project is moving along. There are a ton of cool features to dive into even at the free level. I like the ease of switching between a Kanban-like structure to Gantt or Timeline. And more importantly, I like the hierarchy of organization within a workspace. I can organize by Spaces and within each of them have a folder and within each folder have a project. And I can click on any level of the hierarchy to see any projects and tasks to are included.

PROS

The number of features at the free level are enough to tackle 90%+ of all common project needs for those looking for a powerful and cost-effective tool

CONS

Because Click Up also includes features for documents, mind maps, and analytics, it can feel like a lot to manage and understand. I can see some users finding it to be a confusing platform.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

There were more features are the free level than these other tools.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I still use Notion for organizing digital content, but it was not as powerful out-of-the-box as a project manager and harder to control permissions/security

Hey, Olakunle! Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are so so excited that you've found our Free Forever Plan was able to handle nearly all of your workload and work management needs at a cost-effective price of... no price! Because it will always be free! We definitely understand the overwhelming feeling of learning about ClickUp's endless features, as it can be a lot! However, we have a bunch of helpful documents and videos that can help with this! Check them out here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/ Thanks again for taking the time to write out this awesome review! :)

Replied July 2021

Paddy

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Solid, constantly improving, one to rule them all

One of the few SaaS I chose to pay for instead of using the (well featured) free tier. Recent job needed non-user people to submit dietary requirements, 2 minutes later I had a form that crated tasks that were assigned to the catering manager who could then update their statuses as they made the necessary changes. Click-Up is almost a platform upon which to create custom line-of-bisiness applications, so rather than being bound to a particular tool's workflow/constraints you're always able to tweak any feature to fit your own way of working.

PROS

Like lists? Click-Up does lists. Like Gantt charts, done. Kanban boards? Yep. Need to see the calendar or some kind of timeline? Yep. Mind maps? Got'em. Whiteboards? Yep. Public forms? You guessed it. The bit where it gets useful is that they're all just views on the same underlying data, so everyone can work how they prefer. Automations are functional and included, big plus for project management. Updates are constant, with new features and integrations available to add/vote on.

CONS

The default UI is very low contrast and horrible. There are high contrast and dark modes, which I suggest for anyone wanting functionality. The power can make the tool seem a little daunting when you're getting started, but start simple then explore.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

Right balance of price and functionality, and the active development of user-requested features means you always feel like you're getting value. It replaces a few other tools, too. Bug tracking, project management, etc.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Trello hit a ceiling pretty quickly - automations or getting data out or custom fields etc. Simple but inflexible by comparison.

Reviewed July 2022

Great small business management option.

PROS

As a small business owner I loved that I could use ClickUp to perform the task of several other platforms, which keeps my subscription costs down and all my stuff in one place. It can get overwhelming and unproductive having data in various different places, so ClickUp has been able to help us solve that problem.

CONS

Sometimes the system is a bit slow, but I believe they've done a lot of work on improving the servers lately to address this issue. The thing I like least isnt against the software, but rather that there is SO many options, so you really need to do some planning before you dive in, so you don't get overwhelmed and lost in the options. There is lots of YouTube videos with ideas, but really, you need to work out what will work for you and your business. Once you do that pre-work, it makes the setup and use a lot easier. No 2 businesses are exactly the same when it comes to requirements. Take the time to work out what works for you.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

None of these other programs met all my use-cases, ClickUp is the most successful so far - although still not 100% perfect, it's the best option i've been able to find.

Hey, there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Replied August 2022

Jay

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Clickup Gets the Job Done

PROS

It has a lot of features. It allows automation which is very helpful for saving time creating tasks. It allows you to track time of employees and manage if you are overloading the employees. It provides a lot of views to better understand the project.

CONS

I think that the documents could use a lot more work. It feels far behind Notion in that regard.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

It had a gantt chart view at that time.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

It provides a view like trello with more features.

Hey, Jay! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all! Have an amazing and productive day!

Replied October 2022