All Ideagen Quality Management Reviews

Warehousing, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Q-Pulse Enterprise

The benefits of having Q-Pulse is the team behind it. Any issues we have had, have been hands on with the Q-Pulse support team. Also, having been involved in the roll out of the Q-Pulse system in the business I work in, I have to commend the consultant who worked with us.

PROS

When I first joined my company it was a privately owned company, however, now 6 years later, the business has massively grown with a number of acquisitions and having made the move to become a public company. With the acquisitions, the ease of having Q-Pulse Enterprise allowed us to roll out the QMS and provide real live data and streamline a number of our processes.

CONS

Due to the number of employees that I currently work with, and working in a quality and compliance industry, that training is core to the success of the business. Having a platform that can demonstrate this is critical. Whilst Q-Pulse currently offers way of documenting training, I do believe it is quite manual and could improve. If this improves, Q-Pulse will prove to be a very robust and attractive quality management system.

Anthony

Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 employees

Q-Pulse

Q-Pulse also offered robust reporting and analytics capabilities, providing us with clear, concise, and visually appealing reports. This made it much easier to communicate with other departments and higher-ups about our current state of quality and any areas that needed improvement.

PROS

Intuitive User Interface: easy to navigateComprehensive Suite of Tools: The platform offers a wide range of tools for managing quality, including modules for document control, audit management, supplier quality, CAPA

CONS

Customization LimitationsHigh learning curveAbsence of full functionality of the mobile app

Stephen

Reviewed July 2017

Overall, very positive. The business has staff in all departments who engage well with customers.

PROS

The ability to configure the system is made very simple. Changes can be made by administrators with minimal effort which is invaluable to any business which is either growing or operates in a dynamic environment. The software has constant releases either for fixes (which obviously everyone wants to avoid altogether) or for improvements. We have seen several iterations of a module in the space of a year which has helped how our users engage with the system. On a similar note, I am impressed with how the company will make changes to the software upon request. Changes are reviewed and implemented in a timely fashion.

CONS

Having to re-create successful pilot projects from UAT to the Live site is a frustration! Whilst I have praised the configurability of the system I believe there are further improvements which could be made to enhance the software further. The module nature of the software has meant some modules are behind others in terms of aesthetics and functionality (but I know this is something the business is working on).

Hi Stephen, thank you for taking the time to review EQMS. We are delighted you have found the changes to EQMS have been made in a timely manner and that you have found the configuration process has been simple. We have our customer voice meeting first thing next week and we will cover how we can streamline the UAT to go-live process. We will let you know whether that is going to be possible. We're really delighted you find the value for money and the customer support excellent. We'll keep working on ease of use and functionality. Many thanks, Emily

Replied July 2017

Kelsey

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Flexible, User Friendly Quality System

We have fully automated periodic review of documents and have successfully and easily integrated newly acquired sites into our Quality Management system utilizing the bulk upload and automatic approval features. We are staying compliant with competency testing through use of the training module which tracks required, completed, and incomplete training and allows expiry of training each year. Qualtrax support is always great, very response, and able to provide admin level users with great support through user forums and resource documents. We are also able to troubleshoot our own on-prem instance through access to error logs.

PROS

The flexibility of the Qualtrax software is by far the biggest selling point. The customizable and configurable workflows have helped our organization go almost entirely paper free in our Change Control, Deviation, CAPA and A/P invoice process. We are also looking to add additional workflows in the near future for software access and Action Item tracking.

CONS

There are some limitations with reporting on training matrices that are a bit frustrating as we have to manually track training curriculums.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

AWESOME PRODUCT AWESOME PEOPLE

Our overall experience with Qualtrax has been wonderful! We have been users for over a decade and have watched this company evolve catering to our specific needs. Every issue has been resolved and done so in a very timely and ethical manner. The AHA site makes for a great and easy way to offer suggestions and also to receive support. Our company has had a ROI equivalent to 100's of thousands of dollars with the implementation of Qualtrax workflows. Qualtrax is a powerful tool for effectively maintaining a quality management system within your business. A few months ago the president visited our site here in northern Virginia just to check in on us. How awesome is that!!! As a customer it was very cool to see them take the time to visit our facility and see Qualtrax in action and address any concerns that we may have had. So again, our experience as a whole has been A++++!! Thanks Qualtrax for standing behind your product as well as you do!!

PROS

USER FRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE Workflows

CONS

THE LOOK OF THE INBOX PAGE. KINDA BORING...

Shelby

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Fair Q-Pulse Review

Good - our account manager [sensitive content hidden] is really helpful and always responds to any queries. We have feel supported. The cost is so high for the modules we will not be purchasing any more.

PROS

The layout is good. The administrator functions are easy to use.The document module is great and functions exactly how we need it to.

CONS

To make changes, build reports etc - this can seem really complicated and takes alot of time to do. Much more training would be required to become competent at this which comes at s big cost. The modules are really expensive - we would like to have more but cost completely restricts this.

Reason for choosing Ideagen Quality Management

I was not involved with the purchase

Reasons for switching to Ideagen Quality Management

We switched from QWB because they were discontinuing the system

Tomasz

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Q-Pulse - a comprehensive and customizable Quality Management System

Comprehensive and customizable system. It does well what it's supposed to do.

PROS

Documentation Control and CAPA/Workflow modules work well and allow my organization to maintain compliance and improve our internal processes. Supplier Control and Audit module also perform well.

CONS

User interface is dated and sometimes software is not the most intuitive to use.

Reason for choosing Ideagen Quality Management

I joined the compan after the decision was made, so cannot comment on this.

Kenneth

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

User Friendly System

QPulse is a relatively easy tool to master and allows for time bound and automated action tracking. CAPAs can be easily allocated post audit, customer feedback is easy to capture, audits are straightforward to plan and complete.

PROS

Easy to keep track of actions, allocate actors and ensure actions.

CONS

Can take time to get users up to speed on occasions.

Reason for choosing Ideagen Quality Management

QPulse was preferred choice due to features.

Stephen

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Great for a simple DMS

PROS

Availability of different quality modules.

CONS

Would like to see the ability to create webforms and to view document along with Q-Pulse metadata record.

Karen

Research, 201-500 employees

Q-Pulse helps with Quality Management

PROS

Q-Pulse is user friendly, intuitive and easy to navigate. It provides the functionality required to manage documents, audits and assets easily.

CONS

I think the training module could be improved. I find it is a little more difficult to use. It would be good it competency matrices could be exported in a more useful format.

Lacey

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Useful product for tracking and storing documents

We didn’t have quality management software prior to this purchase so I don’t have much to compare it to, but I really like having the software. It seems to really help us keep track of everything.

PROS

I like having all of our quality documents and policies in one place. I don’t have to search different places on the network to find what I am looking for, and I like the search feature.

CONS

It has a steep learning curve and takes a bit to get used to and figure out how to use.

Natalia

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Q-pulse implementation

PROS

Better functionality from previous QMS system. Ability to work across sites and still have access to system.

CONS

Unable to upload multiple documents at the same time with set template/duplicates. Have to do one at a time which meant transfer from previous quality management system was difficult.

Reasons for switching to Ideagen Quality Management

Trust merger and other hospital site was already using Q-pulse.

Michelle

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Qualtrax - A Customer's View

As anyone who has worked with Software knows, software is only half of the package. Customer support, and service comprises the other half. As much as I love the Qualtrax Software, it’s the support and employees that make your company. Every single person I have interacted with has been not only helpful, and friendly, but genuinely kind. The support we have received is stellar and I would recommend Qualtrax for that aspect alone. The site for customers to submit desired features for possible implementation tells me that you take the needs of your customers seriously; that you value our suggestions and needs, which is rare in a company. Usually companies will say they want your feedback but it’s all talk. What you have done to engage your customers in the development process is impressive. Not only did you set the site up you give us feedback on the status of our suggestions. I am truly impressed by your company as a whole. The employees that have worked to help us over the years with setup, updates, renewals and issues have been amazing, I can’t thank them enough.

PROS

The ability to customize the database to fit our needs. The fact that Qualtrax is constantly updating and striving to add features that will benefit their customers is another desirable aspect. I've never worked with a software company that was so invested in there product. Your employees take pride in the work they do and it only takes five minutes of talking with them to see this.

CONS

There are some features in regards to the workflows that fall short of allowing us to be truly compliant.

Reason for choosing Ideagen Quality Management

We are constantly updating our product data sheets and needed the ability to customize and create our own workflows. We also needed Software that offered a Validation book, so that with each update the validation book would be available for us to use. Qualtrax offered both of these features. Only one of the other products we looked at came close to what Qualtrax offered, but at 4x the cost, with a limited ability to customize and no validation book. Qualtrax simply stood out among them as the best fit for us. I'd also like to say that I didn't feel we were getting the standard "sales pitch," there was a straight forward honesty that I truly appreciated from the sales staff that has continued to prove true with everyone I've dealt with. It was a decision I have not regretted.

kevin

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2023

Solid product with potential to do so much more if some simple things are improved

Its a good system that our staff are used to. it helps me perform my job and allows us to provide the evidence and assurance we need and expect from a QMS. parts should be improved but its still a vitaluable tool we use every day and one my organstion could not live without. (please just take some time to listen to us).

PROS

I think document control and audit are 2 of q-pulses strongest modules. i also like the fact that its a system that can cover most of my organisations' QMS needs. having one go-to system that covers mutliple needs is great and means our staff only need to learn and be familiar with one system.Probably the best assett they have is their staff: I have always found the ideagen staff helpful, prefessional and friendly and they have very good support.

CONS

While i like q-pulse - i do think it can be better: The system can feel old and clunky in places. some simple quality of life improvements have never been implemented - which is unfortunate as with those improvements q-pulse could be so much more. the system does feel old and unloved; parts feel cobbled together as if each module was developed seperatetly. I'm hoping that as Ideagen chooses to move away from the Richclient platform and onto thew web platform - they will do the right thing and decide to invest properly in that development. Hopefully this way, our iwhslist as users will finally be accepted and addressed. As a user who is keen to help the company improve q-pulse, i have been a little disappointed that they dont always seem to listen to their users. i'm still hopeful they will invest more time and realise that listening to us is imporant and the right thing to do - then maybe togther we'll be able to change q-pulse from being a good system to becoming the great system it always promises to be.

n/a

Lylian

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great EQMS for our business

Our business has rolled out 6 modules in 12 months, reached ‘self-taught’ Levels on some modules and we are now relaying on eQMS for our everyday Quality Management.

PROS

It is quite simple to set up, and the configuration process quicken as we implemented more and more modules as they all use similar configuration files and processes. The audit and documentation systems are particularly well designed. Issue manager took more effort to implement and can be challenging.

CONS

Equipment manager lacks important features related to the standards particularly for more demanding standards such as IATF or AS. Risk Manager is great for business risks but cannot be configured for H&S individual assessments or FMEA which I think would improve the product greatly.

Hi Lylian, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a lovely review, we really appreciate it! We're very happy to see you have rated the overall quality of EQMS by Qualsys 10/10 and that you love the design of our auditing & documentation modules! Thank you also for including some suggestions and feedback about how we could improve the EQMS software for you. Our technical team are constantly trying to make EQMS easier and faster to configure, and we really value your feedback. Your account manager is going to get in touch with you about using Risk Manager for H&S assessments. If there's anything else you'd like to see going forward please don't hesitate to send an email to info@qualsys.co.uk and we can pass on any suggestions to the Product team. We're looking forward to working with Texecom to further enhance the maturity of your quality management system. Thanks again and we hope you continue to enjoy using our quality management system software! Emily

Replied July 2019

Ranee

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Quality Management System that works

Excellent! The customer service is the best I've ever had with any vendor and they always respond to my emails/calls very quickly. I was in the middle of an assessment once and could not figure out a problem. I sent an S.O.S to Qualtrax and within minutes I got a phone call back and someone on the other end helping me.

PROS

Implementing Qualtrax allowed my quality system to be paperless. Processes, sign-offs, authorizations, checks/balances, etc. can all be done through the system from cradle to grave without generating a single piece of paper. Another great thing about Qualtrax is the flexibility of its licenses. As a business that does not generate revenue, it's not possible to get a copy of everything per user so the ability to switch the licenses around and allow them to be used when needed is extremely helpful from a budget standpoint.

CONS

I am a needy customer who's knowledge and usage of the system is relatively advanced; so there are features that I would like the system to have to help facilitate my work as a Manager and Administrator. However, sometimes my "wishes" aren't in high demand by the rest of the community so I have to wait.

Crystal

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

Qualtrax - Indispensable for Our Crime Lab

We used to spend so much time chasing paper, scanning, emailing, and storing documents on multiple places on our LAN. Qualtrax has largely eliminated this clerical work so our laboratory's Quality Assurance Unit can spend more time on continuous improvement. We have been using Qualtrax since 2013 and it has really improved communication and effectiveness of processes in our laboratory.

PROS

Documents (and document review and approvals), trainings, and workflow processes are centralized, trackable, reportable, and viewable by the staff that need to see them. Ease of use with an intuitive interface. Cloud based system allows us to access our documents and workflows while in the field or telecommuting. Multiple permissions allow for great flexibility with what users and user groups can and cannot access in the system. They have the best support of any vendor I have ever worked with.

CONS

Sometimes reports need to be exported to Excel to make them look better on a page, but that is because we are using Qualtrax to record a large amount of data and it is a really minor issue for us.

Carl