All Katana Cloud Inventory Reviews

Joshua

Warehousing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2020

The best for small manufacturing

PROS

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable. Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

CONS

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

ease of use and training of users

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Replied June 2020

Klaus

Machinery, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

First Impression KATANA - perfect fit for smaller companies which do not need a complex ERP-system

For our requirements, set-up and company size the best we could find and test! We will manage inventory/warehouse with 5000+ items, handle products with ingredients & operations, edit quotes, generate sales orders and mark received orders as shipped for automated invoice generation in Quickbooks. The cloud-based concept and the reduced complexity combined with an intuitivbe operatzion makes this SW easy to install and to work with if you have a team in different geographic locatioopns (as we have). Set-up of KATANA is absolutely simple, mostl yself-explanatory and can be done by any "power-user" without need of (expensive) external ERP-consultants.

PROS

Handling of inventory, items, products, ingredients, sales orders - all this is handled in a very efficient, clear and easy to use way. Makes the difference compared to many alternative MRP-/ERP-systems. Connector to QuickBooks with automatic trigger for invoices in QB once the products are marked as shipped in KATANA. Connector to Shopify for on-line sale of spare parts. 100% helpful and open minded customer service - very helpful in helping to understand all features and finding the best workflow for specific situations.

CONS

There are some functions/features which need improvement, e.g. the customization of documents such as Quotations so every company can generate a set of individual template to serve different areas (machines, spare parts, service,..). 3-5 custom fields for Quotes/Sales Orders/Products would be helpful. Althoug KATANA is intended to be a MRP-system it would be helpful to integrate SERVICE-articles (not only MAKE or BUY articles). This would allow to add a possible service portion to a spare parts quote. Dedicated Delivery Notes (with partial shipments) would be a great feature.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Simplicity with at the same time well covered basic features, ease of use, intuitive, cloud-based.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Due to a downsizing in manufacturing we decided to look for a faster, more flexible, less complicated MRP-system which is cloud-based and would have good and propven interfaces to a standard accounting SW and to an on-line shop (spare parts).

Thank you! Glad you are getting value out of Katana.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Promised so much delivered far short of what we hoped

Disappointed. They are pretending this software is the best thing since sliced bread and its more like a stale baguette.

PROS

It works on a basic level for stock management and also bills of materials.

CONS

It fails to have any sort of calender or gantt chart. It also fails terribly with time planning/recording of how long a task can take. For example you can't even put into the system that you start your working day at half past the hour only full hours are allowed. Further to the time planning side you can not block out time for holidays or meetings. Making this software useless to plan your time and give acreate lead times to customers.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

In the middle of the switch but it seams to offer far more options and cross capability.

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving on the points of time planning and will be ready with better capabilities in the coming months already.

Replied March 2022

ELLOWYN

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2019

Great choice for small manufacturer

I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

PROS

Very simple user-interface Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently Continual feature upgrades Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks Very responsive customer service Detailed, but not overwhelming

CONS

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly. There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Erpag was about the same price at the time and had a few extra features that I liked (barcode integration for example), but the user interface was just really clunky. It reminded me a lot of my days in 90's Windows. Lots of tabs and block colors. When I added a demo set of data in, it didn't seem too difficult to use, but it just wasn't intuitive to me.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Odoo is a beautiful all-in-one platform that seemed to be the perfect solution to tying my entire business together. However, it doesn't "play" well with Shopify and social media platforms which both are essential to my business. Any customization requires an extra fee each month plus the cost of the custom 3rd party app. Set up was complicated and when I needed help, I was pressed to pay $10k for a customer service package. For a small business, that's a lot to shell out. If I were a large company and could pay to have it all set up and administered correctly, I'm sure Odoo would be an excellent choice. But for a one-woman show, it was just too much to juggle.

Thank you for the feedback!

Replied September 2019

Elle

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Cannot recommend this app enough

Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

PROS

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

CONS

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

I couldn't find a single other product that did what Katana does. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify and being able to input and track recipes is what I needed most.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

It was just a functional list of all the things I needed to keep track of, it wasn't actually helping my business. Katana keeps track of every gram of every material I need and with an inventory like mine, that's incredibly helpful.

Thank you for the support!

Replied June 2020

Jonathan

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

A critical piece of our business that we can't live without

I love it. I've had great interactions with everyone on the team, and I can tell they want to help me succeed. Thanks Katana!

PROS

Great value, probably the only affordable cloud solution on the market

CONS

It's a great piece of software for data entry. Not so great when it comes to using that data to run your business. No dashboards or views that provide insights. They've solved for this by integrating with Easy-Insight and Stocktrim. Now that those are in place, I'm completely satisfied.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

I built my Airtable manufacturing workflow from scratch. I loved it, but it was costly to maintain...I just didn't have the time. Katana does everything for you.

Thanks for your review Jonathan, happy to hear Katana saves you the time and effort compared to Airtable!

Replied August 2022

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Very Useful

The overall experience has been excellent so far. Katana has helped us transition away from using spreadsheets to track our manufacturing operations and really professionalise our processes. It's an integral part of our everyday operations.

PROS

Katana has multiple features which have very useful in improving our manufacturing processes. The ability to create recipes for each product has been a huge help for us as we have quite a lot of raw materials in each finished product. The Shop Floor app has been brilliant for us to track production/assembly time more accurately. This has been a great help in pinpointing an accurate cost per unit.

CONS

The only aspect that hasn't met our expectations so far has been the batch tracking feature. This is an excellent feature and one that would be so helpful for us. However, we need it to work automatically with our Shopify orders and at the moment sales orders can only be attributed to particular batches if you fulfil them on the Katana dashboard. We need this to happen automatically when our Shopify orders are fulfilled.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana was much more suited to our needs in terms of the receipt creation features for each product. The interface was also much simpler than the alternative products we considered.

Dennis

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Exactly What Our Growing Business Needed.

So far, we are really liking hoe easy it was to setup and get running. The inventory management has improved the flow and processes in our company for the better.

PROS

Ease of use, support, inventory management features, able to create builds/recipes for products (BOM), ability to upload data using Excel, integration with Quickbooks Online

CONS

Cost, certain features do not make sense in the implementation.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Ease of use and the features. And it looks good.

Samantha

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Highly Recommend!

We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

PROS

Ease of Use Easy Implementation Customer Service Reorder Options

CONS

I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

We were growing and it was difficult to manage two shopify stores with the same set of inventory. We wanted something to hold our inventory values in one place to make reordering easier. This has definitely been a huge asset to our company.

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

Quoc Viet

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

The simplest mrp system.

We can easy to get COGS, quickly in make decision for make or buy. Implement is simple and quickly .

PROS

Clear process: Order fulfillment, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Inventory Control.

CONS

Don't have kitting BOM (Combo product). Format of Currency is bad, it's difficult to read.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

Simple and Very focus, easy to connect with Shopify and Quickbook.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

Easy, simple and focus on MRP.

Zach

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Smooth Operator

It has been great, highly recommend for small to medium business. Very user friendly!

PROS

Katana has made our day to day business so much more fluid and stress free. It was easy to build out the product lines, upload product sku's and flip the switch on going live. Game changer!

CONS

On the production schedule front, hoping that the software will eventually lump all the tasks together, I have multiple consumers that order the same item, each order is its own line item instead of being lumped into a group, so our production team needs to scrub the tasks before production starts as to make sure they capture each item, as to not create redunancy in work.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

E2 has to much horsepower, not very user friendly, software should make you feel smart, E2 didn't do that.

Alexander

Printing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

PROS

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used. + Price structure. Very affordable for us. + Customer support.

CONS

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

The simplicity of the interface + price point

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Replied September 2019

Rowena

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Does everything it says it will

Like Xero, it's simple but powerful - what's not to like about that?! The support is friendly and helpful (despite only being available online) and the training videos are really well presented and easy to follow. A really good software implementation experience.

PROS

That may not sound very exciting, but in my experience, it's not always a given that getting the features to work is straightforward. But Katana really is both powerful and yet pretty straightforward, although just BECAUSE it has a lot of facility, I would recommend the investment of a little time in watching some of the training videos, which are excellent. Once I'd done that, it was full steam ahead and everything fell beautifully into place. The integration with Xero was completely straightforward and works like a charm. I know that as we go forward and get more and more information into the system it will provide even more, very valuable information for us.

CONS

I have only a couple of really minor niggles; I would prefer to be able to enter dates, rather than having to always pick them off a calendar (for someone who types fast, this slows me down). I'd also like it if when you are "making" a product, if all the components of that product's sub-assembly are available, the software would just go on down the line and automatically make right down to the lowest assembly level. But as I said, these are really minor and would not stop me from wholeheartedly recommending Katana.

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

There were no other Xero-compatible applications which had anything like the positivity of reviews and feedback that Katana does. There's no better gauge of a product than the experiences of those who use it.

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

We switch our accounting system (which previously had manufacturing integrated into it) because we wanted to move to Xero. We then searched for Xero-compatible manufacturing control software, found Katana and saw that it had really great reviews. A look at the demo software and we were sold!

Alex

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

A Thoughtful New Take on MRPs

This has been a very easy product to use - we came from a Netsuite operational backend but having a system that easily links to other products we use (Quickbooks, Shipping Platforms) was much easier to deploy.

PROS

The ease of use, as compared to larger MRP systems, helps keep the team on track.

CONS

There are some missing features - custom fields, tiered pricing, etc.

Ease of use, API integration

Michaela

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Manufacturing superstar

We went over many manufacturing software, but Katana is the best so far.

PROS

- easiness of navigation and implementation - support - the colour coding

CONS

- not sure how to upload documents - not being able to add multiple sale and purchase accounts - not being able to ship partial sale orders

Reason for choosing Katana Cloud Inventory

overall feel and easiness of allocation

Reasons for switching to Katana Cloud Inventory

too hard to navigate/ implement/ support etc

Jeff

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!

I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for 1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes) 2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers) 3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.) Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients. I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

PROS

Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell. Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from. Connects to Shopify and updates automatically. Amazing customer support.

CONS

It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Thank you!