Odoo Reviews

4.21 / 5 (341) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 7 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love that it is easy to use and it is an all in one package that you can grow with."

• "Easy to use and integrate with other softwares. Fast interface and very easy to customize. Excellent!"

• "It is very easy to use, you can see that the uSer Interface is done to be used by anyone, it is easy to setup, and in Timing against others, it is Awesome."

• Cons

• "One small con about odoo is that it can be a little buggy at times. although a quick refresh fixes the problem."

• "Not sure it is a con but is lean on features - it does the basics really well but if you want all the features you will need to customise "

• "The user interface and experience should be a bit better. It looks pretty bland straight up. But its alright given the software is free to use and customize!"

Browse Odoo Reviews

Raymond from VCloud9 LLC

We liked them so much we Partnered with them

All of my systems and customer data are centralized in one easy to use system

Pros

As a former Netsuite and Salesforce partner, our clients demanded more in the form of ease of use, mobility and functionality without breaking the bank. We started off by migrating ourselves off of our Netsuite system. This move simplified all of our daily work lives so much, we brought this solution to our client base. From Professional Services, Manufacturing and Warehouse operations, Odoo was an excellent fit and an extremely good value. The company improves the software almost daily and with thousands of prebuilt apps in their app store, adding major functionality and workflow is simple. Also the open nature of the code makes it the absolute most flexible ERP/CRM/MRP software on the market. Odoo maintains a few versions Community(Free) and Hosted(Saas) and Enterprise(Self Hosted). We recommend either Hosted or Enterprise(Most Recommended) for business. The Community edition is mostly for developers to have an easy way to learn the basics. The Enterprise edition is packed with additional advanced features necessary for production use, and is supported by Odoo and the Odoo Partner Channel. Any company in the search for an ERP system should include Odoo in their list.

Cons

Documentation needs improvement. Most documents and answers are not centralized but scattered between Youtube, and Odoo Community and GitHub although they have been building a training portal.

Response from Odoo

Replied December 2017

Thanks for the review VCloud9 team! We are excited to hear how your experience with other ERP systems like Netsuite has helped to identify key value indicators when doing software implementation. We look forward to continuously adding value to your projects in the future!

Selvakumar from Mechsoft Technologies LLC

Covers most of the organisational needs but need customization as well

Have experience of consulting and over seeing the implementation ( 14 Implementations) of Odoo from version 8 to 11 for the past 4 years.

Pros

1) Opensource and SaaS option 2) Easy to use - Maintained uniformity across modules 3) Availability of Third Party apps 4) OCA community support 5) No other opensource ERP covers Inventory (Product master - ability to handle product variance / Inventory valuation / Landing Cost) and Recruitment functionality like odoo 6) Odoo Enterprise Accounting reporting is a plus 7) Easy to customize or develop new module using Odoo Studio if your an enterprise customer 8) Developing new module even in enterprise will not take much time 9) Partners availability across globe is a plus 10) Having Ecommerce functionality in an ERP is great advantage

Cons

1) Need customization for localization ( Both HRMS - End of service calculation and Taxation) 2) Must to have functionalities are moved from community to enterprise form Odoo version 9 onward till odoo 12 3)Must to have accounting reports moved to Odoo enterprise 4)Not providing incremental update to the existing version is minus 5) Different pricing for different region 6) Document management features could have been better even-though they released few more functionalities in Odoo 12

Response from Odoo

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the review Selvakumar! We appreciate the 10/10 for recommendation. Your key points in both areas were informative to read. We like to see the Pros in order to understand where our community finds the most value, as well as the Cons to see where we can improve. Note for some of these (such as Documents management) that our software is constantly being updated and improved by a global team of awesome developers to bring features like this to our users. If you are on the SaaS platform, these features are delivered to you automatically without any need to update or reconfigure (we like to make things simple and easy). Hope to see you at our next Odoo event to learn more about your experience! :)

Djowie from Z-Company BV

Industry: Wholesale

Software is great, Support is the worst ever!

The software is good but find a good implementation partner. Do not go into business with Odoo consultants.

Pros

The software has many functions out of the box. Odoo studio is a great addition to the software. It needs improvement but the idea is really good.

Cons

We paid for a support pack (25 hours), but the support is terrible. When you send an email you have to wait for many days and send multiple reminders to get a reply. Not once but multiple times. I wanted my money back because simply nothing was happening. Our implementation was delayed because of this. They admitted the terrible service but didn;t want to give me my money back for the support pack. After sending multiple emails and skype calls i finally got the money compensated in months of subscription.

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

I thought salesforce was better but the price with all additional modules we needed was way to high. Odoo had the best value for money.

Easiest ERP to Implement.

Awesome. We were able to implement several modules with minimal costs. Enterprise version with Studio and Odoo support package was sufficient for vanilla standard software implementation. The learning curve is short we were able to train SMEs and onboard functionality quickly.

Pros

Rich functionality to cover the requirements of manufacturing facility. Relatively inexpensive to use compared to products in its category. Studio app in the very friendly to make many changes required during implementation.

Cons

On premise installation requires additional skillset not easily available in the market.

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

Easy of use, Cost of ownership, Open source, thousands of 3rd party apps to meet different requirements.

The Untameable beast

Odoo has sped up our Manufacturing process a great deal and has certainly automated most of our processed from sales quotation to automated PO sending to suppliers. We are now able to manufacture 5 times what we used to without getting lost amidst paperwork and project references - the system is brilliant at organsing each process of the Manufacturing process which for a small company like us, was vital. On the downside, as the review name suggests, at times the system has been like an immense beast, impossible to tame. Often small issues we would have would uncover much larger ones that would then require development work to be done by Odoo themselves then incurring a large bill and not much of a solution either. The support from HQ was generally quite poor with most questions being answered with a bill to foot the cost or just plain 'I don't now' answers from supposed 'Odoo Experts'. The system works a treat for the most part, but it has taken us years to get close to a working solution and often have wondered whether all the individual work we have done to make it work were worth it. The daunting tasks like making edits to core aspects of the system can be likened to tiptoeing on egg shells next to a sleeping monster - break something, and all hell will break loose!

Pros

Odoo is extremely flexible for the most part. The Studio app was a great plus for our company as it allowed us to slightly tweak the in-built native apps provided by odoo in order to suit our needs On the purchasing app, we amended the default view so that we could see from the dashboard the status of all orders and whether they had been delivered or not. This saved a load of time for our logistics team in knowing which orders were late and which needed chasing up with our suppliers.

Cons

Odoo is a beast. The system is so versatile that sometimes, just clicking on the 'view code' option is enough to make your eyes water. Coming from a not very web-dev-savvy background, I was often left rather disgruntled by the number of times I couldn't do edits myself as they required some manipulation of core coding or python code.

Wes from MWANDS.COM LLC

Terrible Support Brings An Otherwise Stellar Product Down (Enterprise User)

I love the software. It is awesome. Evaluate the software - it is excellent. I have been a software salesperson and I know software salespeople are prone to exaggerate. The Odoo sales team is an extraordinary group of deceivers. Support needs a systemic overhaul.

Pros

The elegance of the connectivity of the software. It is very obvious the design was incredibly well thought out. Any module being added, 3rd party or otherwise, usually has a seamless integration. The software is simply awesome.

Cons

The support is frankly shameful. They would do far better to publish out-dated documents and say that the software is not supported. Support does not answer questions, they stall, they deflect, and when that fails, they fall back on asking for an "Odoo only" version of the software to test the problem. You cannot operate Odoo without third party software and to attempt to extract third party software and somehow give them access to a version of the software they can test is ridiculous. They should, in those instances, just have the guts to say they're just not going to help you.

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

The costs of Netsuite greatly exceed our budget.

juan from REAKTIVE MEDIA

The Experience beyond and ERP

the business process can be easy to adapt to the standard out of the box process

Pros

The best thing about this software is the versatility of the apps and the grade of customization that we can achieve.

Cons

the least I like is the support, it is not bad but it could be better, we need to wait some times two day for it, but with a solving answer.

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

The User interface, and the capability of Odoo to adapt to the new technology trends with their applications.

Jason from Cambridge Insitu

Industry: Civil Engineering

A fully featured platform - does require commitment to implement

We are using Odoo to track inventory and process manufacturing operations. It does not quite do everything that I need but the level of customisation available does mean that if something becomes important I can fire up the development environment and extend.

Pros

Odoo has a very broad set of features and capabilities that with the correct implementation enable automation and efficiency in many areas of business.

Cons

There are almost too many features available - at least it can feel like this when you first install and get a system up and running. Depending on your business setup and existing workflows you will need a lot of tweaking and customisation to get things working in a way that maps your real-world workflow.

James from Aquila

Great Software and Product Horrible Implementation and Support

Overall Odoo is a GREAT idea and great product. However with their model and support I believe you will get frusterated. You will bring one your client 1/2 way through your project after spending alot of money or be frusterated the entire time when you need to do anything special with their product. They like to point you to something called a SUCESS PACKAGE but with all due respect when that becomes the reply when you cannot even create a transaction for a purchase you should go with another product.

Pros

Alot of Features...If you have the patience and the money you can do anything.

Cons

The Support and the Platform is sometimes very vauge. It does not make sense errors out and relys on a module platform for most functionality which makes you reliant on a third party.

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

We did choose it over Shopify but we may for the Customer Service and Support alone and replies like well if you need help with that you will need to PURCHASE a Sucess Packet after spending 800/month for their software we opted to go elseware.

Beatriz from Vivo

One of the ways to manage projects and generate reports.

Pros

The ODOO software surprised us positively as a good project management tool solution. We use IT, materials and sales management. The tool is modular and helps us a lot to get an overview of the company at a glance. In the software we control all the projects, sales, services of each employee and with that we are able to generate management reports with the results for later analysis. The ODOO interface is beautiful, clean, and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing to complain about ODOO. Nobody on my IT team complained and also had problems with the project management tool.

Helping companies to be better

I've been using Odoo in some companies as an employee, so I've been teaching myself (that easy it is). I started with some bad practices (modifying the base code) but I've gotten better making my own modules, but now I only use Odoo Studio (highly recommend it). I've also shown the basics of the core to my IT coworkers, and once we understand how the api with python works, we've made wonders. We don't mess with the code directly (only the Partner does) and we can play with all the information with any python module or framework.

Pros

Odoo adapts to the company needs. When one of the owners of the Organization has a question, the answer can be easily be taken from Odoo, by grouping, filtering and in some other cases, by adding new fields to fill manually or automatically.

Cons

As I jokingly say, sometimes Odoo is in a bad mood (when there is slow Internet connection) and Odoo displays an error or makes a rare behavior. But by refreshing the page, most of the times, it gets solved.

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

When I got to my current company, they were using OpenERP 7, and they were meaning to migrate to a newer version when they hire me (an already Odoo Fan). They were thinking in the community version, which we did implement, but another coworker recommended the Enterprise and I supported him (I've already used the enterprise by then). We later implemented the Enterprise version. I prefer the Enterprise version because of the features, mostly because of Odoo Studio, but there are a lot of useful functionalities that aren't available in the Community version. There's also the Support and migrations to newer versions are way off easier. As I heard somewhere, Odoo is going to take you there, but with Odoo Community the path is unsteady, dirty, with holes, and with Odoo Enterprise the path is paved. And of course, other ERPs are way too expensive or not fully integrated.

Response from Odoo

Replied August 2019

Awesome review! Glad to hear you have been making wonders with Odoo Studio, we love hearing how users are able to use the Studio editor tool to customize their platform without having to touch source code (the idea is to empower users to create the software they want). Happy to hear how you have been using Odoo and wishing your company continued success! :)

Thabo from ComputerNet Mfundisi Consultants

Extensive ERP for a small to medium sized business.

Having everything in one app is the major benefit to me. I don't have to use different software for Sales and Purchases; for Contacts; fr Projects etc. Another benefit for me is the ability to attach documents to each transaction for tax purposes at the end of the financial year.

Pros

Odoo is an Opensource ERP with a free Community Edition and a paid Enterprise edition. It is packed with features like Accounting, Project Management, Customer Management, Employee & Recruitment Management, Inventory & Warehouse, Sales and Purchase and POS to name a few. I like the Dashboard where one can get an bird's eye view of the status of any task or activity that needs attention. Plenty of additional modules (called Apps) are also available on the Odoo Store. Odoo uses Postgresql as database. It offers plenty of customisation options. Some countries' standard Chart of Accounts are available by default, or you can create your own. Overall a very useful ERP.

Cons

I'm reviewing the Community Edition: On the downside, it has a relatively big learning curve. Setup and initial configuration is crucial. I would have liked to choose between mySQL and Postgresql as some hosting providers does not offer Postgresql. Some minor frustrations is the fact that an invoice can only be created after a quotation, then an order. I would've liked to be able to enter an invoice without an quote or order; for example monthly regular contractual invoices. Having said that, depending on how your business work, it might not affect you that much. Secondly, recording expenses is cumbersome - expenses are recorded either through the employer expense module (which is not always related to an employer, like rent), or through billing. Either way, you need to create a "product or service" for expenses before entering them. Where and how you enter them, also affects your expense reporting. I would also like to see more reporting options like traditional desktop apps. Customer support for the Community Edition are limited to the forums and some manuals for older editions.

Chris from Espace Networks

Industry: Computer Networking

Odoo gives you full featured modern open source software to manage a business or any organization.

One of the fastest growing, well rounded, full featured, modern, open source, business, or other organization, management software. * A free community version is available at no cost forever, with about 85% of the features of the paid commercial version. * Very powerful software for organizations of 1 or 2 people, up to hundreds, possibly thousands of employees. * Full accounting including customized international accounting which works in about 100 countries, impressive. * Full website builder lets you drag and drop blocks on the screen to setup your org's website. * Comes with a feature where you can offer live chat support to your customers or audience. * Connects to your bank account in the paid version for automatic verification of account activity. * Manages multiple bank accounts for the various parts of the organization, nice. * Full automation of the employee recruitment, interview, hiring, employment contract, and termination process. * Management of the vehicle fleet or any other set of assets belonging to the organization. * Manufacturing Resource Planning modules are available if you're running this type of organization. * Email app is great and a huge time saver, it becomes a high speed task manager and filter. * Point of sale app is also really cool, from a tablet or phone you can access the minimal set of functions in Odoo needed to check customers out at the point of sale, the great thing is the Point Of Sale can keep running taking payments and tracking which items are sold and their quantity, even when internet access disconnects, then when internet connection comes back, the app will save the completed sales into your Odoo system. * Between 50 and 100 apps. * You can use all the community apps for free. If you choose to subscribe to the commercial Odoo, it's a cheap price per month per app, which comes with support and hosting if you want it. Pricing is way lower than the competition. Even running the free community version although limited it's far better than running a business without software or with many disjointed separated software. * Odoo really delivers on the do-it-all approach, every app is able to talk to all the other apps, and share information, because they all run on top of the same set of your company's data. This totally eliminates the need to connect separate apps made by different companies, or worse, re-enter the same data into multiple different apps, losing tons of time and money.

Pros

No data re-entry. All the apps are connected and share information. Saves so much time and money. Also, you can create your own modules, or hire an outsider to create a module for you, due to the open source nature of the software. Easy to add any of the pre-made apps.

Cons

It can run slow, if you don't take a little time to tune up the server it's running on, and use enough memory, caching, and ideally an ssd. There's a lot of database access happening. Upgrading to the new version is not easy. It would be great if the Odoo company would make upgrading a simple do it yourself automatic task, one click of a button, that would not require human attention for 2 weeks. There's an entire article with more about this on the Odoo site.

Response from Odoo

Replied February 2017

Thank you for your review Chris. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Jaimel from Autonomo

industrial engineer specialized in the business area, project manager and Odoo consultant

It is the most complete ERP with the best support and the largest community and continues to grow. Undoubtedly the best proposal for small and medium-sized companies because of its relatively low costs compared to all the characteristics it has. It is the most complete ERP with the best support and the largest community and continues to grow. Undoubtedly the best proposal for small and medium-sized companies because of its relatively low costs compared to all the characteristics it has. Its easy use and the integration of all its modules make it the perfect tool for any company that needs to manage its processes

Pros

It is a complete business suite that allows the management of multiple applications for managing the processes of a company. It has a friendly interface and has easy handling and configuration in all its modules. all applications handle information in an integrated manner. Integration among all its modules that facilitate its usability. It has a very large community of users and with the best support for this type of applications. It has the best prices in the market and even has a free version for small businesses. undoubtedly has the best price quality ratio among all software of its kind.

Cons

because it is designed to touch all the areas of management of a company, it has some areas with some weaknesses regarding the competition such as human resources, payroll and adjustments in the configuration of some countries that do not have a lot of presence in their community. Although it is very intuitive and is designed to facilitate user use, knowledge must be available about the processes in question in order to exploit the full potential of this suite.

Anoop from Confianz Global, inc

Reliable ERP that works for everyone

Increase in efficiency of running my business by 60%

Pros

8 years ago we were actively helping some of our customers implement SAP. I was researching on a better system that is affordable for small and medium business as well. I found OpenERP(Now Odoo) and give it as an R&D project for my team to learn. Seeing the ease and freedom, we implemented it for our business and partnered with Odoo and started providing it as one of our core services to manufacturing/Retail and Wholesale companies in the US and abroad. Main Pros are Base Opensource - Source Code available Modular Architecture Software doesn't dictate how you should run your business - highly customizable Availability of custom modules for almost every integration Availability of developers and implementation partners No Vendor Lock-in and unexpected 300% increase in license costs Affordable for 5 people business to large corporations Can be installed on highly secured private dedicated military grade servers for compliance

Cons

Documentation is scattered across different channels, needs to be centralized. Odoo is still a young company and has a long way to go compared to SAP, but they are working on it.

Response from Odoo

Replied February 2018

We appreciate the awesome review Anoop! Glad to hear the flexibility of the Odoo ecosystem is an important point for you. We will continue to make our content (especially documentation) more accessible and comprehensive in the future. Thanks for the review!

Julio from VISION ESTRATEGICA CIA. LTDA.

Odoo is Great!

Synchronization of the whole operations of company

Pros

- User Experience very fluently - Business Scope is complete - Easy to develop and customize

Cons

- Difficult to found technical experts - Difficult to found functional experts

Michael from ILC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Improve customer service speed and training manuals and videos

The software has the ability to do anything you want, but the process of customizing needs to be improved. If you are not very computer savvy, there is no way you could use this software or even think of ways to make it better. The customization team needs to take more of an assertive role with helping people figure out what they could do to improve their processes and their software. In addition, because it is so highly customizable, there needs to be top of the line customer service, which there isn't. There needs to be a tech support number to call at all times, because businesses are relying on your software. Right now if you put in a support claim, it takes 34-48 hours to receive a response and then there is so much back and forth, it usually takes 2 weeks to get anything resolved and in the business world, that is not acceptable. The customer service agents should pick up the phone after the first email, if they don't understand what is going on.

Pros

Customizability

Cons

Difficult to learn and difficult to maintain without an IT department.

Response from Odoo

Replied February 2017

Thank you for your feedback Michael. We always appreciate hearing from our customers and their experience with Odoo. We are always improving our product and hearing what our customers think is important. Regarding the training, a few months ago we launched our brand new training platform to help people learn more about Odoo: https://training.odoo.com Note that if you already have a success pack, be sure to ask your consultant about a free access code to the eLearning platform. In addition we also have a lot of user documentation on our website, available here: https://odoo.com/page/docs I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the support team. Our support teams are now available 24/5 with teams located in the US, Belgium, and India to provide coverage across every timezone. I hope this helps and that you continue to enjoy your experience with Odoo! :)

Muhammad Usman from Knowledge Bases

Reporting required more work

smooth business process and streamline activities

Pros

user friendly, fast, least expensive, adaptable

Cons

Reporting, lack of in-depth analytics,

Bert from Rijs Solutions

Odoo is the solution to automate almost all of your business processes.

Speed up internal processes, for example from quotation to delivery or manage your products from stock to webshop and POS. It saves a lot of time and can provide very useful information regarding your business data.

Pros

The reason why we had chosen Odoo is for the combination of applications and being open source. We use practically all modules; sales, CRM, Purchases, projects, webshop/website, POS, HR, repair management, manufacturing, and finance. Most of the competitor ERP software does not provide the webshop/website and POS modules. This point was for us at the end the most important one.

Cons

Because of the great number of applications within Odoo, they are not all at it's very best. But providing feedback, creating your own customisations or even your own modules does help to make the Odoo system more complete and easier to use.

Response from Odoo

Replied June 2017

We are glad to hear Odoo is saving your business time and simplifying some of the workflows you do many times a day! We noticed in your review you also mentioned sending feedback for features that would be helpful to you, keep that feedback coming as we are always eager to hear what ways we can better help support your business! I would also recommend checking out Odoo Studio (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCvFZrrQq7k) which allows you to customize your apps or even create new ones without the need to have your developer write code. Hope that helps, and thanks again for using Odoo for your business!

Keriwala from Synconics Technologies PVT Ltd.

Use this product to increase your business productivity

I am working for 4.7 years with Odoo Odoo is very good, practical and easy to use ERP software Easy customization that fulfils every clients' organizational needs

Pros

Analysis reports and graphs provide easy understandability User attractive interface Easy customization Fast working

Cons

According to Indian Accounting standards, I think that Odoo has to do more deep analysis and provides the functionality to their end-users for ease of use Also Odoo have to increase types of graphs provides graphical data

Response from Odoo

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to continuing to collaborate with your organization! :)

Olivier from Optimized Radiochemical Applications

Industry: Biotechnology

ODOO cloud solution: convenient, fast implementation and strong support from ODOO implement team.

ODOO cloud: hassle free solution for a company like ours that has no time to spend on managing IT infrastructure. We have improved not only our company efficiency, but have no a central repository of information for our users, speeding up access to the correct and complete information.

Pros

The architecture of ODOO is really smart and has allows us to develop really customized solution, that were sometimes really complex as to meet our practical needs. ODOO team project management was really efficient and at the end cost effective. We have managed to migrated from an older own hosted version to ODOO cloud in a very short time, without disturbing our daily operation.

Cons

ODOO solution has a lot of features that are constantly evolving. Sometimes data structure seems to change from version to version and this may become confusing for the user, specially when functionalities are being impacted at the same time.

Response from Odoo

Replied August 2017

Many thanks for the review Olivier! It's great to hear how you've been using Odoo for your business. We hope you will look into our new version (set to release in October) which will have even more awesome tools and features to help users like you get the most out of their business software. :)

Garrett from California Tile Supply

Great Value - Not a full package

We have found customer service to be good! The software is pretty intuitive by ERP standards (most ERPs are horribly unintuitive) and mostly mobile friendly. The price is unbeatable in this software class. Most of the shortcomings come in the form of missing features that seem like they should be obvious (like managing customer maximum credit limits, getting margin profit reports, simply selling or moving products from locations, as examples). Or vocabulary that doesn't make a lot of sense to a US businessperson. My only honest complaint is that our salesperson frequently said, "Yes, Odoo can do that." to our questions, when really it could not. Or it could not without extensive customization. It has resulted in a very long launch process for us, but we are still happy with the product.

Pros

Good interface Good improvements Good customer Service Fast workflow

Cons

Little mobile support Updates crash the software sometimes Urgent issue response time unreliable Missing common features

It's a really big ERP to work with but dificult to customize

It can be very usefull for little and medium size companies to manage them and help with decisions making with the reports

Pros

Have a lot of packages all over the internet that can be used for free and can be found in their own store, the community can be really helpful when asked for a doubt, easy to add new packages and configure some basics things to make it work with a lot of companies even for non-programmers, it's open source

Cons

There are a lot of basic functionalities that can only accesed by paying, if a company needs to customize more than basics things can be really dificult to make, the community version does not have any type of support and it's a little unstable, there are no package compatibility between versions

Response from Odoo

Replied July 2018

Hi there and thank you for the review! We think it is important to note that Odoo does not restrict functionalities with a payment model as you stated here. In fact, Odoo offers a "one free app" model which allows any company to use any one single app from Odoo for free. While we have pricing per application, and integration / maintenance / service / development are all things that have an associated cost for any organization, we open our platform to the business community with this one-app model to allow businesses with little-to-no budget to still use an Odoo application and improve their workflows. We encourage you to check this offer out if budget is limited, and contact one of our Odoo experts if we can help you further analyze the solution to fit your needs. Thank you for being part of the Odoo user community! :)

Gene from Fruity Chutes Inc

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Fruity Chutes uses Odoo to Scale Business

Back in early 2016, we started to look for a better way to run our business. Of course, there are all sorts of ERP systems, and most all are very expensive. For us, they are completely out of reach. Then there are many dedicated servers, and non-internet enabled systems. For us, with our distributed workforce we had to have a SaaS solution. In April we came across Odoo and it met all our requirements. We were able to get setup on jut a few months, mostly by ourselves. Now at the start of 2017 our entire business sales, procurement, manufacturing, and accounting is now being run on Odoo. It's working fabulously for us it's hard for us to imagine how we could scale our business without it! I highly recommend anyone looking at an affordable ERP system to give Odoo a serious look!

Pros

You can do most of the setup yourselves. And all the business needs are already integrated together. Having our accounting directly integrated with our business process is great.

Cons

You do need to tune some business process to work in the Odoo modules. Examples are how Inventory works and procurement rules. Also manufacturing. But we were able to overcome these with just a bit of work.

Response from Odoo

Replied January 2017

Thank you Gene for the great review! I'm happy to hear that you've had such a good experience with Odoo. We really believe that business software shouldn't have to be complicated, and our mission is to provide intuitive and tightly integrated software. Thank you again for your feedback and please do let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

The best open source erp

It was I challenged to understand Odoo including python from zero. Before I used an open source ERP using java, and I feels that Odoo (was OpenErP) is a very good framework and tools. But it just noteasy to get documentation about this.

Pros

Open source Easy to customized Complete feature Good interface

Cons

Concept of POS Issue with orm performance Become more commercial

Response from Odoo

Replied August 2019

Thanks for calling us the best open source ERP! We appreciate the review and are excited to continue developing amazing apps for your business! :)

francis from AE Valves

Industry: Oil & Energy

We consider Odoo as a strategic resource and key of our success

very stable , in constant Evolution, friendly use ,

Pros

In the sales module it is not possible to change the sales order adding or suppress item once it is confirmed. Our customer often review their PO and add or remove item

Cons

We started the company with Odoo back in year 2010 , we had exponential grow until now. Odoo did follow our growth and need, his flexibility to use and his large choice of different module allow to expand our company capability to answer to our customer needs. The Odoo is very stable and in constant evolution as the world business, it is extremely important to have the capability to follow the movement and succeed every year. We consider Odoo as a strategic resource and key of our success who allow us to focus on our main business which is crucial. AEV produce Critical valves for Cryogenic service worldwide.

Response from Odoo

Replied June 2017

Happy to see your business has been growing year-over-year, that is fantastic! We aim to continue each year to make Odoo the best it can be to support this growth for businesses like yours, thanks for the review! :)

Gunther from BeOpen.be

Since version 8 a lot has changed. Odoo v11 has become fun to work with.

Integrated view on my customers, purchases, invoices, projects, timesheets, events, mass mailing, accounting, calendar and eSignatures on contracts.

Pros

For almost 90% of the cases the systems provide standard features that do the job. The remaining 10% can be done by custom development without breaking the standard code. The system is easily configurable and without being an IT'er you can setup your own business processes. As for the installation I recommend to have a system engineer at hand. The user interface is easy to understand and helps you to organise your day-to-day activities with defaults settings and favorite views.

Cons

Can't mention anything, but if I have too, It would be great to have some extra free Website Themes in the community and Enterprise version. Only in the saas version you have some choice.

Response from Odoo

Replied March 2018

Wow thanks for the awesome review Gunther! We appreciate you being an awesome part of the community and growing with us, keep doing great work! :)

Kim from Vario Glass

Industry: Building Materials

Amazing Features - Some Training Required

This system is a brilliant idea and fantastic tool for any business, but it's not intuitive or necessarily easy to use. This wouldn't be an issue if it were easy to ask questions, but in my personal experience, customer support is a bit slow in answering questions and their service is rather superficial, especially in the accounting department. We've had to fend for ourselves and resort to trial and error a few times. It also kind of stops us from exploring all the awesome features that this software boasts for fear of somehow messing up the accounts. If you purchase this software, take the time to get good training at the beginning and ask questions when you manage to speak with a knowledgeable customer service representative. In the right hands, this platform is powerful and useful!

Pros

Wide range of tools

Cons

Not necessarily easy to use from the get-go

Response from Odoo

Replied March 2017

Thank you for your review Kim. It's great to get the feedback. We like to make sure that we're on top of things, to always aim to provide our customers with the best possible experience, and continuously improve it.

Christopher from Carson Corporation

Great Product with various applications

Carson Corporation has been using the Odoo application for a little over a year to this point. We use this application to set up an in-house company store. Our project managers are able to order needed materials from the Odoo store where we then pick the material from our warehouse. We use Odoo to order materials from our store, keep inventory and warehouse stock levels, in addition to completing all work orders. We eventually see ourselves using the invoicing features in the near future. Overall this program has been very helpful for our business. Customer service has been very responsive and useful in providing feedback and setting up templates for our particular type of use.

Pros

Ability to see where products have been purchased from, the price, and date which they were purchased. The ability to see purchases based on product or vendor.

Cons

Setting up the store takes time and can be repetitive creating new products.

Response from Odoo

Replied January 2017

Thank you Christopher for your feedback. We always appreciate to hear about our customers' experience. I'm happy to hear that Odoo has been helpful for your business and that you're experience with customer service has been good. We really believe that business software should cover complex needs without being complicated! We wish you all the best with your business

Guillermo from SMP Gestion Empresarial S A de CV

Great Software Best balance between cost & functionality

Integration of various other software solutions into one, real time info avaliable everywhere

Pros

Easy to use, cloud based, value for money

Cons

Access control features, would be great if you can restrict master data creation and functional transactions

Response from Odoo

Replied August 2019

We appreciate the great review Guillermo! Odoo looks forward to continuing to create value for your company as well as seeing your team grow. :)

Daniel from National Guard Products.

Industry: Building Materials

Odoo - Great for the price

Odoo's ERP system is being implemented partially by our company to roll out a new product line. It works for us as an inventory management system, but we have also implemented parts of the purchasing and sales app. There's always room for improvement, for example in the nomenclature for importing and exporting data, but I believe the issues addressed in Odoo 10 are a good step in the right direction. Odoo has handled most everything we've thrown at it when combined with the technical support at Odoo (which has been great so far).

Pros

The linking between various apps makes most information easy to find - the delivery orders are easy to follow from a sales order, the Bill of Materials can be found from within a manufacturing order, etc. And when set up correctly, the dashboard app is quite useful.

Cons

The lack of clarity with allocation and forecasting. Without columns shows what's coming in and what is going out, it's difficult to tell what's allocated in the forecasted quantity. Also, the inability to maneuver from within the dashboard app and the lack of visibility of which app is being viewed from within the dashboard both seem like oversights - Orders could be confirmed, reserved, and delivered from the dashboard if the arrow buttons at the top right worked correctly and allowed proper navigation.

Daniel from Cibersys

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Excellent CRM all in one, everything for your business

For me it has been very functional, I have used it in several companies, but I really like that it integrates several packages that are paramount in every company. It is a versatile software and is not limited to a single type of company, it was used to manage a restaurant, adding technology and innovation when it comes to serving customers.

Pros

CRM that can be used for any type of business, resource management, account management, payroll, access control, among others. This tool has everything included for small and medium companies and is 100% adaptable according to the needs of the client. The inventory management really makes this task much easier, since it is responsible for increasing or decreasing the amount available according to the movements made.

Cons

The costs of personalization since the adaptation according to the specific needs of each company represents a cost It requires that users have a certain degree of technological knowledge to be able to use the tool. Maintenance and adjustment must be done by technical personnel with knowledge in this software that increases the maintenance cost Being free software, each company assumes the risks that this type of implementation can bring

Response from Odoo

Replied September 2018

Hi Daniel, thanks for the review! We appreciate all the positive notes about Odoo and are happy you find it helpful for your business. It's important to note that while yes the free version (Odoo Community) is designed to be used on a technical level, we also have Odoo Enterprise with direct quickstart implementation through our team which requires no technical knowledge (we do it all for you)! Of course every company will have different needs, so feel free to contact us so we can help you find the perfect solution for your needs.

Odoo is flexible to developing and powerful to meet business need!

CRM always was a big issue in my company, we lost many opportunities because of we didn't track and didn't managing the right time for action, now we have a day by day process with all of sale opportunities and sale order.

Pros

Since I had worked with other ERP softwares, the first thing that was impressive in Odoo is how do you integrate with another softwares, platform and developing languages with flexibility but with quality. The core apps of Odoo cover 90% of any business and you can easily develop new modules or features, with no changes in Odoo core sources, for me, the standard apps functionalities and how is easy to develop, testing new functionalities is the most important thing of Odoo.

Cons

It's not easy to install and developing for localization packages to work default with Odoo, has many versions of the same packages and none of documentation available.

Haytham from Alam aldawaa United

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great ERP, but:

If you know what you want to use odoo for exactly and choose the right partner with experience and fair fees, you will have the best erp ever

Pros

Very easy to use, cover most of of business needs, Customizable

Cons

Partner! partners! partners! No business experience, very young developers with no experience, alot of customization that make odoo worthless afterwards, alot of mony to implement and customize

Marouane from Converge Solutions Inc.

Industry: Online Media

Great Basic POS Solution

Pros

Simple, Intuitive, Inexpensive. The simple Web-Based modern interface makes access seamless across multiple devices. Integrated inventory management and client/customer management. All the features you need to run your Retail store or Restaurant is here. The pricing is very reasonable. The expandability from the modular structure and community make the solution even more capable. If you're a small business that needs an inexpensive POS solution you can't go wrong with this one.

Cons

The feature set is extensive enough that it covers mostly everything you might need from a POS and while there is a lot of expandability through modules and a large library of Third-Party options to choose from, there are a few features I do wish were standard; like the ability to store Allergies for restaurant customers. Other than that, a great piece of software.

Response from Odoo

Replied March 2019

Thank you to the Converge Solutions team for the awesome review, we are glad you have found so many useful features for your business. We will keep them coming! :)

Brian from Venditio Group, LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

Amazing ERP

We manufacturer brands and sell direct to consumers online. We use Odoo to track all facets of our business. We us it for: Central Order / Inventory Management. We have custom modules to import orders from all channels. WMS. Out of the box Odoo creates a delivery order for every confirmed order, using routing rules we can route the delivery orders to the best warehouse for fulfillment. We also capture tracking data to send back to sales channels. Accounting. Since we have all orders / inventory centralized and Accounting is built-in, we use Odoo for all accounting.

Pros

Extremely flexible Inventory is part of the Accounting module, so you get double entry Inventory control Easy to customize

Cons

Performance is not great handling large order volumes (>2k / day).

Response from Odoo

Replied April 2019

We appreciate the review and are excited to hear about the work Venditio Group has been doing! Keep up the great work and thanks for being an amazing member of our community! :)

Ajay from Synconics Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Easy To Use And Customizable

My Overall experience was so good. It is easy to install, easy to setup and easy to customize If you understand it's basic flow.

Pros

All basic functions are built in like sales, purchase, inventory, accounting, projects etc. So If user has normal business flow they can start using it easily. Customization is required only if user has a different flow than a normal business flow.

Cons

There is nothing I liked least, Everything looks good to me. All configurations and flows are working properly. Just take advice from a consultant before choosing a version of odoo because Latest launched might have some flaws that fixes in updates. Consultant can suggest current stable version of odoo.

Response from Odoo

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the awesome review Ajay! :)

Daniel from Hospital Ortopdico Infantil

quite satisfactory, it is a very versatile software

Pros

In my personal experience i used Odoo when I worked in a foreign trade company. it allowed us to organize all the merchandise orders from china and to load all the logistic expenses of its shipment until panama. Odoo allows us to keep record of the entire invoice, as well as access in real time to the updated inventory with the prices of the merchandise and prepare the proforma invoices of the sales. Odoo, depending on how you configure it, is an extremely versatile software. It can become the central nervous system of the business if you know how to configure it well. It is completely customizable to the customer's needs.

Cons

the software usually throws some errors and bugs that require having a staff expert in programming that always'll be available to solve the problem.

Response from Odoo

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review! We are happy to see you are finding many different ways to use Odoo to work together in supporting your organization. We will continue to provide the resources and technical knowledge required to evolve Odoo and continuously improve year-over-year. Let us know if we can provide any additional support for your project. :)

Mindaugas from Primus creativus

my review

most benefit - after 3+ years of working as implementation odoo solution. it has quite big customization possibilities per settings/technical settings. after all - it have good implemented basic constrains per modules. it is lack as i wrote - deep customers market solutions (special solutions). it is like a very good framework. for everything, but as far for nothing, because to adopt to real customer story you need big background of understanding how it works and need quite big implementation of programing things (custom developments).

Pros

good out of the box framework. good dependencies per all modules.

Cons

still very lack of detailed solutions. very poor support of partners. very bad deep understanding of overall solution in odoo (as main provider). also - pricing not competitive to markets (like what is normal price in Belgium is not normal in Lithuania).

Odoo- An opensource CRM

We use Odoo to track and manage our leads. We also provide Odoo customization services to our various clients.

Pros

It is opensource and free to use and customize to our needs. Most or all of the features are free to use and the number of users are unlimited.

It is opensource.

Saad from Karizma

One app for all your business

Pros

User friendly Simple Customizable Modular

Cons

Licence cost Mobile application Database upgarde

Response from Odoo

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the review Saad! We strive to create user-friendly apps that are simple to customize and modular so we are glad to see your experience reflects that. Keep up the great work! :)

Jon from OEL

Odoo is a complex, but fully capable software suite to handle many different business needs

My overall experience with Odoo was very good. Their support team was easy to work with and knowledgeable. I'd recommend Odoo to people who are tech savvy and looking for a platform to be able to grow with their business.

Pros

My company was looking into finding some new manufacturing software for our business. I spent quite a bit of time in Odoo looking at their manufacturing module. The first thing that jumped out at me is how Odoo is pretty unique in its functionality. It doesn't go about things in the standard way many manufacturing programs do, but can accomplish all standard needs. I was especially impressed with the customizable capabilities of Odoo with their Studio module but also the ability to do large scale customization as their software is open source. The modular setup of the software is also nice as you can add modules as you go and your business grows or needs change.

Cons

I thought this software had a fairly high learning curve to operate well within it. I believe this is because of their uniqueness in how the software is setup. Once you get used how it works, it works well and was fast and consistent. The price is reasonable, but as more modules are added, the price per user can get pretty high.

Response from Odoo

Replied June 2019

Hi Jon! Thanks for the review, we are excited to hear your feedback. It's great to see that you are doing some customization to your manufacturing app! Some exciting news for you is that we have released a ton of new eLearning content as well as a bigger support team to ensure we are creating simplicity out of the complex needs of your modern business. Let us know of other ways we can continue to help you run your business efficiently with Odoo. :)

awogor from Techsliet Media

Best for business Management CRM and Marketing

Odoo is overall the best CRM software to manage all your businesses in one place including invoicing, marketing, management etc.

Pros

Odoo is an all in one business software that is comprising of CRM, billing-invoicing, accounting, Email Marketing, manufacturing, website/e-commerce, warehouse - and project management, and inventory and many many more which has been providing value at an extremely affordable price. The software is so broad that you can manage your business all in one place including email marketing, e-commerce solutions and more. It comes with both enterprise and free.

Cons

Odoo is technical to setup. I could have got lost when I signed up but I sorted some YouTube tutorials which got me back in the lane.

Response from Odoo

Replied April 2019

We are happy to hear you and your team have found so many uses for Odoo within your organization! Keep up the hard work! :)

Nicholas from Software

Odoo is open source ERP the way it should be

Pros

There are two versions of Odoo available, the free open source version and the paid enterprise edition. The open source version is ideal to get your toes wet in the ERP world, it has most of the features that someone new might need. The enterprise version has everything else that you might require, but don't let this discourage you, you can always code your own features easily and efficiently in Python.

Cons

It can be quite difficult to get rolling with Odoo. Also, if you do not keep up with the upgrades on a regular basis, there might not be any valid upgrade pathway to make your data and custom code work with the latest release.

Michel from PFM Netherlands B.V.

All in One Software running your business

In short we feel we have selected the right solution which we can use for further growth and extend when needed.

Pros

With Odoo we were able to replace our tools for CRM/Sales, Project Management, Logistics, Warehousing, Purchasing, Repairs, Marketing, Support, HR, Finance and we even created a custom CMDB with the Studio module (friendly programming module). Since all the data is now stored in a single database, users can easily navigate through the system and gain the required insights. The users love to work with it and the free Odoo training portal gave the users the right content to improve their daily workflows.

Cons

Almost everything is possible, Odoo provides the largest business app store, what we were missing could easily be added via modules or add-ons. Aldo for Field Service Management we have selected another application. In Odoo v13 (next release) the FSM is covered.

Unique offering and highly flexible on top of that

Pros

Mature and reliable business applications platform. Great user experience. And open source code that lets you take full control of your implementation.

Cons

Of course there are many specific functionalities that are covered by community modules only

Response from Odoo

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you leaving such great feedback. Regarding community modules, these (by nature) cover many more needs for our community because they are developed by a global community allowing us to evolve rapidly and fill a wide array of business needs. If you would like to explore using these on Enterprise, we have a private hosting option called SH (www.odoo.sh) which allows you to host/develop/test on your own using any module you'd like! Check it out, and keep doing great work! :)

Kevin from Venturix

An evaluation of Odoo

Hello, I am using Odoo since 02 years for now. I had many problems at the beginning because I didn't understand the way Odoo was working. But with the help of my classmates and a consultant, I was able to improve my competences on Odoo. Concerning the features and the apps of Odoo, I really appreciate the usability of the accounting module. Also, the workflow between all the core modules of a commercial business which are CRM, Purchase Management, Inventory and Accounting are very good mounted. Concerning what I want for the future in Odoo, I think that the main problem that people who are just beginning with an ERP is the code. In fact, the Python language is very unabordable for most of users. If in the future, a new feature which will enable everybody to configure Odoo as it want is available, it will be wonderful. The same can be applied when problem occurs. Especially the Internal Server Error, which occurs with the Python language, and is not understandable for the user. In short terms, I think that the next ERP which will win the market is an ERP simple to use, and so very easy for the user.

Pros

Odoo is more and more simple to use. There are less problems when installing the ERP.

Cons

Odoo is not configurable by the common user. Only engineers and developers can have access to the configuration menu, which is very expensive at the end.

Rajiv from Radia Enterprises In.c

Oversold and Underdelivered

We purchased Odoo just about a year ago. We saw the potential it had, which drew our appeal. We began implementation and as it proceeded, we hit several points where we had to push back our launch date. We had (and still have) several bugs and issues with the software we face on a daily basis. We invested over double our initial budget on service hours and had to go back and forth with various Odoo Sales Team members just to be compensated for a chunk of the time reimbursed for issues that should have been taken care of. We have fully migrated our first company, and still in process of migrating our second.

Pros

-Odoo has a vast array of applications that appear very user friendly -Can automate several manual functions that occur day-to-day -Accessible on the go -Have the ability to customize the system to meet your company's needs

Cons

-Setting up and configuring the database is almost impossible without support - Several technical bugs and glitches -Have to go through several hoops just to undo validated actions (ex: Validated Invoices, Orders) -Can be slow at times -Support has slow turn around times -Sales Team overpromises and under-delivers

Reasons for Choosing Odoo

Odoo was the most user-friendly (or at least how it appeared) and affordable option. It had all the key features we needed, as well as had the ability to customize features within the database, rather than functioning from an out-of-box system.

Response from Odoo

Replied August 2019

Hi Rajiv, thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you had challenges with configuration. While self-implementation is free, we typically recommend getting technical services either internally, with Odoo directly, or with one of our thousands of Official Partner organizations worldwide. We give you many different options so you can choose the one that is right for you; but please get in contact with us if we can help in any way! :)

Youness from Insum Consulting

An Odoo Defender Review

beside all the pros and cons. Odoo is just awesome, the overall experience i had with Odoo during the last 9 years is very positive.

Pros

The most interesting and brilliant thing about Odoo, is its framework and how easy we can develop using it. Also some apps are just easy to learn and well documented.

Cons

- Luck of technical and functional documentations ( functional is getting better faster than technical ). - Luck of automated migrations tools ( a pain for customers too ). - Odoo still doing big changes to its core apps, which makes all our modules obsolete very quickly. - Partnership model is very hard to keep the same label (eg. silver or gold) after a year or so, if you can't get more users.

Go down the Odoo rabbit hole at your own risk!

Deploying Odoo is much more complex and time-consuming then most people recognize at the outset. If you try to set this up on your own, or even go the cheap route with freelancers, expect to fail. If you try to deploy it on a dedicated server with extensive customizations, expect to pay out the nose and get burned. You should be very skeptical of any customizations promised and demand payment terms that incentive getting the project done.

Pros

Odoo is one of the most customizable solutions out there, great for both goods (inventory management) and services (project management) needs. You can create any number of additional fields or workflows, and works great with the other Odoo applications. Its also a fraction of the cost of similar ERP packages like Dynamics, Netsuite or Oracle.

Cons

There's really no reason to use Odoo's accounting package separately from other Odoo applications. Its an ERP solution, not a stand-alone acconting package. Odoo also doesn't have any payroll functionality, limited credit card processors and the connection to bank accounts relies on 3rd party plugins. But the biggest drawback is that you need an experienced project manager, an Odoo developer and 6 months of work to implement the solution.

Response from Odoo

Replied October 2018

Hi Anonymous Reviewer! We analyzed your feedback and appreciate the positive as well as constructive feedback you submitted. Without having your company information we have no way to reach out to you to help alleviate the difficulties you have had, however please contact us on our help page at www.odoo.com/help to request assistance. We understand that an implementation can be simple or complex based on the unique conditions of each company, and perhaps in the case of your organization the needs were complex enough to create challenges for you. We provide free resources to remove barrier to entry for small companies, but encourage larger organizations with intricate workflows to consider an official partner who has been trained to handle ERP projects as opposed to a non-certified freelancer (as is common with Netsuite, SAP, Oracle, etc). Our #1 priority is the success of your project, so contact us and let's find a solution together! Thank you for your feedback. :)