Browse VYPER Reviews

Vanessa from 1K Growth Media

Client loved the engagement & results

The VYPER platform was an excellent solution for growing my client’s email list and increased sales conversion from her existing customer base.

Pros

The contest software was intuitive, user friendly, and easy to set up. The desktop and mobile consumer-facing view of the contest looked *very* professional and similar to a contest experience a consumer would expect to get from a big brand like Coca-Cola. Client really loved the high-tech (functionality), big budget look and feel without the big ticket price. My client and I both loved the contest feature that allowed contest participants to take custom-defined actions to earn more contest points like sharing posts to different social networks, writing a product review if they were an existing customer, tagging people on specific social posts that they thought would be interested in my client’s products. The other feature we loved that really motivated people to share the contest more was that people could unlock exclusive offers to shop and save online as they completed more of the contest actions. Overall an excellent experience for my client and her audience/customers. Ran the client’s contest for only 1 week, and my client generated in 1 week the revenue she typically generates in 1 month. Highly recommend.

Cons

I would have like to be able to make edits on the backend of the contest from my phone (mobile) but maybe that’s a feature that will be available in the future? Even without that though the overall experience & results were excellent.

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2021

Thanks Vanessa, great feedback on the mobile editing option. Thanks for the detailed info!

Richard from CameLife

Industry: Cosmetics

CameLife's Early Experiences With Vyper

Easy to use, works straight out of the tin.

Pros

Vyper is easy to set up; we had our first competition going within 3 days of purchase. We've added just under 1000 new names to our list and are already seeing sales come through from that list. Its the best "top of funnel" marketing we have ever used; we get great cost of acquisition. I love the flow of ideas from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] by email and on the FB group; very well presented and motivating.

Cons

The branding options are limited; I'd like to be able to get the landing page exactly on brand in terms of colour, imaging and ratios of colour to white. Not sure if this affects results; it might just be that I own our brand guide. A native integration with our omni-channel marketing solution would be helpful, although we now have a Zap in place. The help articles aren't easy to search and sometimes its hard to see whether they refer to Vyper 1 or 2.

Reasons for Choosing VYPER

Your marketing was very good; great retargeting that presented solutions rather than shout about your product. The ability to run multiple competitions concurrently appealed; most only allow on at a time or per month. Great reviews.

Response from VYPER

Replied May 2021

Thank you so much for the feedback Richard. Will be sure to go in and clean up some of those support articles.

Melissa from Belle Poppy Digital

Least Expensive Lead Gen Tool I Use!

Vyper helps us not only collect leads, but also grow our social followings in a super inexpensive way. Very high value for the cost of the tool.

Pros

I love that Vyper makes it simple to start up, maintain, and execute continuous giveaways throughout the year. I use this tool to collect leads for my eCommerce shop and it has been the most low cost solution I've found!

Cons

Designing the look and feel of giveaways could be improved

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2018

Thanks Melissa, glad you like the tool and thanks for the feedback. We can work on improving the design options. We just rolled out in-line design editor so it's a drag and drop style builder. Some testing still going on but hopefully this will help!

Kevin from TrainedUp

Zero support response when website took 17 seconds to load on launch day during business hours

Pros

Cool concept. It was easy to set up. Design on landing page is good. Tools seem to be well thought out for the most part.

Cons

Terrible support. Built for beginners. Lacking integrations to make it work in any context. We launched major campaign to our existing list of several thousand emails, during business hours on a week day. It has been 6 hours and website is still not functioning correctly with zero response from support other than a reply to a tweet saying that it was resolved and only lasted for 15 minutes, which was untrue. It's still ongoing with no support response despite multiple attempts to contact.

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2018

Hi Kevin, so sorry to hear that this downtime affected you, we would be more than happy to refund you of course. Unfortunately this issue was out of our hands and an issue with our hosting company, we had no control over the downtome and tried everything possible to get this back up as soon as possible! Again so sorry for this having an effect on your experience.

Dominique from Ever Collection NYC

Great Experience

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience I had a fun time promoting the contest with confidence. Great job and thank you.

Pros

The software was easy for people to sign-up, log-in and check their score or to gather more point. I personally loved the idea for the domain extension, as well as the choose the type of actions you wanted your future customers to take. It was simple and straight to the point.

Cons

I did have a few issues such as the DNS set up, and over all the UI UX could use a bit more work. The process from start to finish isn't horrible but certainly can be optimized a bit better. I personally didn't like that there was no mobile version of your software. No app or web app to check my stats or to set up a campaign. Lastly I wish there was an option to import my current contacts into the contest, it makes for a better customer experience and ties in more loyalty to that customer.

Response from VYPER

Replied June 2021

Thanks for the feedback Dominique. Will share it with the team and make some adjustments.

Ari Eko from SME-Institute.ID

One of my favorite giveaway platform

i use vyper interactive popup daily in my website, it works and suited for my need.

Pros

✅ easy to use ✅ fancy design ✅ have a lot of giveaway type ✅ it works like a charm

Cons

i only probem with their pricing structure, i have viraloops and kingsumo, compared to the pricing vyper is the most expensive

Response from VYPER

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the feedback, interesting about the pricing. If you compare cost per number of entries collected we are actually the cheapest. We have much higher limits on our plans as we dont want to limit people to only 5000 entrants. But maybe a small plan is a good idea, definitely something for us to think about. Thanks :)

Alejandro from Rockwell Group

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Vyper Keeps you Private

Pros

Vyper is easy to install and configure. Very easy to pick your vpn server connection which can be based on speed or location.

Cons

No issues with the software. I am very happy with the subscription

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2021

Thanks Alejandro

Jonathan from Whatcom Community College

Vyper has helped me greatly extend my social media reach quickly and easily!

Social media reach and increased email reach.

Pros

It's easy to use and has so many great features that I have extended my social media reach and email list through the powerful features that VYPER provides.

Cons

There are so many options that originally I would overuse them. Note, this isn't really a con, rather it just means you need to learn to leverage the software in the best possible way.

Response from VYPER

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the feedback, we are always trying to make our tool easier, hopefully the new contest templates will help with that.

Manhattan from Honeybee Healtrh

A Must in Any Serious Marketers Toolbox

Raising awareness around www.honeybeehealth.com and give our customers and others something to talk about.

Pros

It works flawlessly, is intuitive and a can be up and running in a few clicks. The reporting feature is key. Clearly built by people who know what their audience is looking for in a turnkey rewards platform.

Cons

The GUI needs updating. Building pages can be little cumbersome. Like to have a weekly or daily summary email report option. Also a better understanding of where the users came from - FB / Organic etc.

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2021

Thanks Manhattan, great feedback on the reporting :)

Gaurav from Info Talks

Promote your product easy and fast

Amazing experience ...

Pros

Its visual editor is very handy and flexible and also the emails , its very easy to customise emails

Cons

it should add more email providers like it has mailgun sendgrid

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the feedback Gaurav, we plan to add more integrations over time.

Parker Casio from DRBRAND AGENCY

The Best Growth Hacks Tool I Think

Pros

all feature is the best, i try many similar tools but this is the best

Cons

the price is a little bit higher. and for paid plan we cant remove vyper brand.. please it is important to us to remove the brand

Reasons for Switching to VYPER

Kingsumo not oo complete

Response from VYPER

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the feedback on pricing. You can get the enterprise which has all branding removed and the option for subdomains so people won't even know it's vyper :)

Sam from clicksome

Vyper giveaway software is in a league of its own!

Love Vyper. We are on the agency plan and using Vyper for giveaways will really help our agency stand out in the crowd.

Pros

Vyper is so easy to use! You will have your giveaway up and running in no time. Its design and functionality is so much better than other giveaway software. Easy to install pixels, great tracking & easy intergrations.

Cons

Vyper is a little bit more expensive than some lower grade giveaway softwares but the customisation, performance & results will make this the best investment ever.

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2021

Thanks, Sam, appreciate the feedback and support :)

Rosie from AM Outsourcing Services Company

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

VYPER is a super tool to grow email audience. Content Upgrades unlock a huge amount of leads !

I have collected a huge flood of leads with VYPER. This is extremely useful tools for starter to build email lists and scale up business!

Pros

This tool is easy to set up and has good design for landing page. It is useful for promoting new products too.

Cons

At first it did not give out good results, yet in the long run the outcomes are out of my expectation!

Response from VYPER

Replied May 2018

Amazing Software for Contest Giveaways and Promotions

Pros

Although I’m a graphic designer, I also help the marketing team in getting the word out about our latest projects. Since we all worked together to create something so amazing, it’s ideal that we use our efforts to help make the launch successful. This is where Vyper comes to the picture. Vyper is a very useful tool for managing contest giveaways. We discovered that people love freebies and upon organizing this marketing strategy, the marketing team were able to gather contact info and leads of potential clients. We gained more followers in social media and it soon caused a ripple.

Cons

Unfortunately, you won’t get much support from the customer service department and this is one area where they should. You can’t have a good software without excellent customer service. They go hand-in-hand.

Response from VYPER

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the feedback, would love to learn more about your customer service experience with us (email jack@vyper.io). We are always looking to improve.

Benjamin from Marchant Marketing

Vyper for Cryptocurrency

Pros

It allows for a TON of custom branding which is huge for my business. It allows a lot of customization and custom tasks which has allowed me to really tailor my services for cryptocurrency clients.

Cons

There has been several bugs, but they do get the bugs fixed fairly quickly.

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback Benjamin! Raise a glass to forever squashing bugs :)

Useful

Pros

I like the possibilities of Vyper, you can create really cool customized things with more open gamification

Cons

You can see using Vyper. This not a structured and secure plataform. The type of thing who is made fast and with no so much care at details and tecnical stuff

Response from VYPER

Replied May 2020

Hi there, we would love to learn more from your experience and see if there are any issues we need to fix. We put a lot of time and effort into making our platform secure and trust us, we did not put this together quickly, it has been continually improving for over 3 years. Anyway reach out to jack@vyper.io and we would love to chat about how to improve the product and your experience using it.

Best in class contest software

This helps me build my marketing list and create a verified enthusiastic list of buyers.

Pros

Vyper is the best of the bunch. It has all the bells and whistles: Pop ups Contest wheels Social Like encouragement Custom CSS Content Upgrades Multiple ways to score winners Cheating Protection Leaderboard contests And more... They have thought through everything you need to run viral contests and they spare no expense to make sure you get all the features

Cons

Its a bit on the pricey side, but I would rather it was exclusive than priced for the masses.

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review, glad you like the tool :)

Power in simplicity - Amazing tool for gathering emails

Over 2500 emails for our online stores.

Pros

It's simple and easy to use. Allowing you to get up and running literally within minutes. The team experimented with adding new features and also knew when to make the hard decisions to focus on their core strength. Every single time I've run a contest I've come away smiling at the results. I would recommend it without a second thought to anyone as their email gathering super tool.

Cons

There are bugs a plenty when they are changing things around. While the support team reply quickly when there are any issues its not the most ideal situation. Does that make me not recommend the software? Not even for a second. It is just that good.

Response from VYPER

Replied June 2018

Awesome, thank you so much for the feedback :)

Harry from Muzik Blox

Game changer

Great

Pros

I like that this will educate us on building better engagement and generate leads.

Cons

Not got too far into it yet so haven't got too much to say.

Response from VYPER

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the feedback Harry! Would love to hear more once you have used the tool a little longer :)

Steph from Caffeinated Cup

Popup growth was awesome!

Collected way more emails.

Pros

It took very little time to setup my popup and start collecting leads. The gamified popup also performed 3x better than my previous popup!

Cons

Would have liked to have had options for additional fields on the popup like phone number. This would have been a nice feature as I saw it used on their contests and lead magnets.

Response from VYPER

Replied March 2018

Hi Steph, we actually just added additional entry fields to content upgrades. Popups are next :)

John from Ennex Business Development

VYPER Review; Loved It

This is going to really help take my clients online presence to the next level! They love it already

Pros

Super easy to use. Has all the angles covered no problem. Even had a live Free webinar where I spoke with the CEO personally, and he critueqed my page. It was awesome! Thanks you're the man.

Cons

Nothing yet. I have used it already for some time and for multiple campaigns and I love it.

Response from VYPER

Replied April 2019

Thanks John :)

Van from promarketers.club

An awesome marketing tool for your business

Pros

It helps you get traffic and leads easily and helps your business go viral

Cons

Clients may have to do a lot to earn the prize so your prize must be worth for them to do so

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the kind words!

VYPER - Review

Pros

It's a very powerful viral marketing tool, with a great capacity to garner leads.

Cons

It's one dimensional, with marketing knowledge you can achieve viral results with other more comprehensive platforms.

Response from VYPER

Replied May 2019

Hi there, we would love to know what you you wanted to achieve but couldn't with our tool. We are definitely one of the more advanced options so interested to learn more about your experience.

Mike from Mike Slavin Digital

Best Contests and Giveaways Software

Great being able to incentive so many different tasks across a number of social platforms.

Pros

I love the viral leaderboard. There has been a lot of thought put into the psychology of structuring a contest.

Cons

The contest page could have more customization options in terms of design.

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the feedback Mike, if you have any feedback on how we can improve customer support & value for money please send jack@vyper.io an email :)

great tool

Pros

great concept, great usability interface and user path.

Cons

nothing really, all positive in terma of concept and all, see pros above.

Macy from Plattr

I've done my research...

I have loved working with Vyper because it makes impressing my clients EASY! It looks like it takes a lot more effort to build than it actually does. More time is everything!

Pros

I love the ease of use that Vyper offers. I taught my team to use it in a matter of a few hours, it's incredibly user friendly and has such a great variety of options built into the platform.

Cons

There are a few limitations in Vyper, if you're trying to link to individual actions for example.

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2020

Thanks Macy, glad you are liking the tool :)

Brenda from Honda Of Fife

Best contest platform around right now

Pros

It's easy to use and has all the features built in to get the maximum shares for you contest. I have used it for giveaways and to get subscribers

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. If you are really trying to do something a bit creative support is there to help you out which is great.

Response from VYPER

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the feedback Brenda, good to see you getting resutls :)

Easily execute contests for yourself or clients.

Pros

It's already ready to go. There is Nothing to think about at all... just start plugging in your specific information for your contest.

Cons

While the templates it has are great and effective I would really like to see a few more contest "types".

Response from VYPER

Replied June 2018

Awesome feedback, we are working on some more contest type templates.

Tarcea from Vivid Core Music

Industry: Music

Best Contest Software Out Here!

I've been signing up to win contests left and right run on the Vyper platform. Now I'm going to use it myself to help my business the way that I see it skyrocketing other businesses

Pros

I love the features available for setting up a viral contest

Cons

Only the fact that I didn't know about it sooner :)

Response from VYPER

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the feedback Tarcea :)

Michael J. from Le Vide Digital

Complex but powerful

Pros

Gamification for giveaways was great. We felt like it built a lot of buzz.

Cons

A bit clunky to implement. Support articles could have been better?

Response from VYPER

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we actually just rolled out a new UX design to help with the campaing building process. We will also work on improving the support articles :)

Melanie from Content by Melanie

Great Tool for Contests for Smaller Businesses

As a tool for contest creation for marketing, it's a good one.

Pros

The variety of contest options available. Had the most success with the leaderboard contests but all of the options we tried out were easy to set up and easy to track. Got the engagement we wanted - and more - for a small clothing company and the success could be replicated across a number of niches I would imagine.

Cons

Very little, this is one of the few tools I have worked with that I have really had very little to note or complain about. Customer Service could be a little more responsive though.

Response from VYPER

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the feedback Melanie :)

Pierre from Bygweb.fr

I have other viral solutions but Vyper is on top

Great, clearly in my online marketing Arsenal!

Pros

Overall UX and simplicity of use, yet a very powerful and complete range of features.

Cons

Even the most beautiful girl in the world cannot offer all the promises. I find a few features in other alternatives solutions that Vyper does not offer.

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2018

We would love to know what features you would like to see in VYPER. Thanks for the positive feedback and glad you are seeing success in your campaigns :)

Christopher from Stashspot ENT LLC

Thanks vyper

My promotion and music companies are reaping the benefits of this program.

Pros

It was just awesome and very interesting to work with.

Cons

Nothing at all. Works great and others should have it as well

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review Christopher :)

Kerwin from Cruisinaltitude.com, LLC

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great for running contests

Jack is very response so when I had questions he was readily available.

Pros

Setup process is lengthy, but worth it. Take your time and you'll get it done.

Cons

It's a bit hard to navigate the process. For example, I couldn't easily figure out who had entered the contest. Wish there was a button when I logged in that would take me directly to the results, rather than having to go through the contest to get to it. Unless I got it all wrong. I'm running a second contest so will see how this goes.

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2019

Hi Kerwin, the setup process has been shorted a LOT with the new VYPER 2.0 version. Wold love your feedback on it!

Kunal from Incume Dot Com

Love the software and what it does to our marketing

Pros

Best contests and sweepstakes builder. I love the way the software and the whole website is built and it is very easy to navigate and use the website.

Cons

Price is a bit high.

Response from VYPER

Replied June 2018

Rosetta from Social Times Marketing

Best Contest App out there!

I love this tool! I was able to triple my options after switching from a different contest software. Increased social media following across channels and increased reviews online for myself and clients! Try it out you won't be disappointed!

Pros

Ease of use, easy to put together and implement, responsive customer service!

Cons

Limited Email integrations but they are continuing to expand.

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2018

Awesome results Rosetta, Congratulations! Thanks for the kind words :)

Ryan from ReelTrail | Buy & Sell Outdoor Gear Online

Industry: Sporting Goods

A++++ Product

5 stars. Love it. Great for acquiring new users.

Pros

Very simple and User-friendly, couldn't ask for a better giveaway product.

Cons

That I didn't know about it until a few months ago!!

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2018

Eric from Orange Pavo

Contest made Simple

Building a list in a new niche. The fact that the Vyper teams never seem to be satisfied with the status quo make me feel very positive that the future is going to be bright.

Pros

It took me less time to set up a campaign with Vyper than anything I ever used. My results have been good. The pages seem to be easy enough for participants to follow. The Bonus Entries are super simple to set up. The content upgrades are really good and very effective.

Cons

I still don't like the look and feel of the interactive popups.

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2018

Thanks Eric, we want to always be pushing the boundaries ;)

Ricardo from Motivational Speakers Daily

I'm impressed

Vyper.io was recommended to me by a very smart person that I highly trust. I am in the process of creating my first of many campaigns :)

Pros

The ease of use and the gamification for getting referals.

Cons

I can't point anything I like least as it does exactly what I need it to do.

Response from VYPER

Replied November 2018

Thanks Richardo, super excited to see the contest. Post it in the FB group if you want some pro tips and feedback! https://www.facebook.com/groups/vypergrowth/

Cường from Cuong Nghiem

Good softwarre

Pros

Easy to use multi functions so you can easy viral your brand

Cons

.io is not profestionnal The name is hard to remember with non-English Customer

Response from VYPER

Replied December 2018

Just getting started

Pros

I've heard really great things about this software. The ability to create viral campaigns....uhhhh sign me up! I love the communications and hot tips that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] constantly sends out. Very helpful. I'm sure there are less expensive ways to set up these viral competitions but I think this is a great place to get started.

Cons

It has the vyper branding unless you're on a higher paid version. This is challenging when you're starting out in your business. I get it though.

Response from VYPER

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the review and feedback :)

Arjan from Digishock

Interface sucks, but the tool itself is best in class

Setting up a competition takes up heaps of time and it's easy to make mistakes with the many settings to check. But when a competition is set, the social media performance is unmatched!

Pros

The fact that it offers the most options and does nice checks on social activity of the users.

Cons

The interface is horrible. Translations suck and translating is even worst. This is where tools like Perkzilla probably make their sales from. But when it comes to the consumer part, Vyper holds the best cards. So please, invest in a decent UI. One that's not feeling like it turned 20 too soon. Man, I would love to see the Perkzilla UI experience on Vyper. Also I would love it if Vyper is listed as a company under the US EU privacy shield. You are processing so much personal data from consumers. Make a stand and just comply. Makes it more easy for me to get more business going on te Vyper platform.

Response from VYPER

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the awesome feedback Arjan!

Chris from Euro Digital Partners

SIMPLY AWESOME

Amazing!

Pros

how easy it is to build a competition and promote

Cons

Nothing as of yet, enjoying​ using the software.

Response from VYPER

Replied November 2018

Good to hear and glad you are enjoying the product :)

Vyper has innovative tools to help make your marketing go viral.

Pros

You can create interactive contests and sweepstakes that motivate users to interact with and share your content.

Cons

The popular Pro plan has a limit on the number of leads you can collect. It can get a little expensive as your leads grow.

Response from VYPER

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the feedback, will take it into consideration :)

good idea

very good

Pros

good usability and good work for growth hacking

Cons

I would like you to have a free plan and be translated into Spanish

Response from VYPER

Replied February 2019

Hi there, we do have a spanish translation and all text areas are 100% editable so you can made personal adjustments as well.

Jonathan from Myloops.net

Industry: Music

Love the viral contest features!

The experience has been great overall, and we will keep using this in the future for sure!

Pros

We invested in this tool to create viral contests around our products & services. It's worked great so far, it's very easy to use and a great investment!

Cons

I don't think there is anything we dislike about Vyper. Great service and would recommend to business partners!

Response from VYPER

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words Jonathan :)

Nate from @NateSmoyer

Fantastic tool to build email lists

VYPER is a really simple and clean tool you can use to build your email audience through giveaways. I especially like how beautiful the landing page design layouts are since I'm not a designer. Also, you don't need any talent or skill with code to be able to run a giveaway with VYPER.

Response from VYPER

Replied December 2016

Thanks Nate! Appreciate the feedback! Glad you like the tool :)

Excellent tool to create viral growth for any business

Pros

Very easy to get going and with little effort you can create a viral giveaway to promote your business.

Cons

There is nothing, it works flawlessly. I would say you do need an initial audience to make use of it.

Response from VYPER

Replied July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words :)

We ran a giveaway with vyper recently. The tool was very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

leaderboard helps you get more contestants and gamifies the whole process. Their landing page design is cool. Easy to integrate Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics.

Cons

nothing that I can think of majorly:-) It will be cool to have sub-accounts where we can create multiple giveaways for our customers and give them access.

Response from VYPER

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the feedback, glad your contest was a success :)

Best Contest Software

Pros

how many features it has to increase your reach and gain more leads.

Cons

Can't find any so far. The only thing I can think of is sometimes users have trouble submitting entries for certain features.