All Textmagic Reviews

Kelli

Entertainment, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed May 2024

TextMagic Review: Create Condensed Scripts Rapidly.

Sue

Public Relations and Communications, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

A Fast and Easy Way to Incorporate SMS Marketing Into Your Business

Overall, I think it is a great service. My experience with TextMagic was positive and I have already told a couple colleagues about it. I was really blown away at how well it worked to market our products. We got a much higher response rate than we were accustomed to with email. Text marketing definitely works.

PROS

I liked TextMagic because it is fairly simple and straightforward to use. I had never done any SMS marketing prior to using it, so I didn't have much to compare it to. But I can say it was easier than I thought it would be to become proficient at it. I like the fact that I could store my customer lists right there inside the app. It was easy to keep text conversations organized in the app. They also have an iPhone app that allows you to manage your text marketing from virtually anywhere.

CONS

We were using two different SMS numbers to send out messages. One was a local number. The other was a toll free number. It was confusing, at first, to understand when to use the different numbers. But after a chat with support we got that part figured out.

Ji

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Extremely complete and customizable sms service, very user-friendly, great for small businesses!

The recent regulatory change requiring all businesses to "register" their texting numbers with a bureaucratic oversight agency (I think it mainly affects USA texting frankly at this time) was certainly a headache for the entire sms industry. But the textmagic people patiently walk me through the steps, and got my textmagic number registered in the proper way. My overall experience with textmagic is that the company has a passion for continually improving the product, making it more user-friendly every day, and above all listening to irritating customer feedback such as mine, in order to make a sincere and speedy effort to implement requested user features. Thank you textmagic. So glad I found you many years ago. Jim

PROS

We have used textmagic for number of years, and find it to be an indispensable part of our business. I personally shopped around a number of different text messaging providers, but none of them has come close to the wonderful user-friendly textmagic control panel and android app (so important to be able to stay in touch with customers when I have my phone with me out of the office, the textmagic; the android app keeps getting better and better). The chat history feature remembers all conversations with the particular client, so gives easy visual context to ongoing texting with that person. The templates feature is extremely valuable in my situation, and I have almost 100 different boilerplate customer replies created over the years and textmagic. Unbelievably useful and time-saving everyday.

CONS

The incoming text message notifications do work perfectly on the android app on my phone. And frankly that is what I mainly rely on. It seems the textmagic has an ongoing challenge allow audible and pop-up notifications to display reliably Windows 10 desktop PCs, however. I understand that this is not really in their control beyond a certain point, and there technical support people and developers have been more than generous with their time to explain to me how they are constantly seeking to overcome the limitations that Microsoft places on any application. So there technical support and developers get 10 stars in my book, and I hope that Microsoft stops tinkering with Windows to mess up otherwise great applications like textmagic.

Sean

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Terrible Customer Service

Terrible. When errors happened the customer service took days to respond or did not respond at all

PROS

When it worked, it was acceptable. The interface is easy to use.

CONS

It did not accurately tell me if messages were delivered or not. Sometimes entire batches of messaged were not delivered. You cannot receive picture messages, and the service does not notify sender that their message was not supported.

Reasons for switching to Textmagic

Because your customer service was garbage, and the product did not consistently work.

Thank you for sharing the review. We apologize that our agent responded to you only after a delay. In our support section, we tried our best to explain that in North America, the delivery status shows whether Textmagic has successfully sent the text to the carrier. If your texts were not delivered to the end-users, it means that they were blocked by the carrier's spam filter. Traffic verification is a new industry-wide requirement. Message delivery cannot be guaranteed if you are not 10DLC-compliant or have not completed the toll-free verification. Please contact Textmagic support to confirm whether you can continue using our products for sending texts.

Replied January 2023

Nicole

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Easy to Use!

TextMagic makes it easy for us. Every day we text an unlimited number of customers whose insurance premiums have changed. Our customer express appreciation for the text message.

PROS

I appreciate the pay-as-you-go option and not having to be locked into a contract. Our company is changing systems, so the no-contract option is best for our current situation. The customized templates making sending text messages so easy. The Block feature is comforting that we won't accidentally text a customer who stated did not want to receive text messages. I really love the Scheduled Text feature. This allows me to prepare the list of texts early in the AM and have them delivered after a certain time or divide the customer messages in spurts instead of all at once. I also like to see the text replies right in Text Magic.

CONS

This isn't necessarily a con because I don't know if it's possible, but I wonder if TextMagic can be integrated with the new account system that we get next year and automatically send text messages under defined account conditions. I would like for a customer to be able to reply to a message "stop" or something and that number be added automatically to the Blocked list. Is TextMagic going to incorporate mass Email one day?

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is possible for your recipients to reply STOP and they will be unsubscribed automatically. Please read more about it here: https://support.textmagic.com/faq/opt-in-and-opt-out-from-lists/ We had no plans to incorporate mass email, as our company focuses on business text messaging services. If this changes in the future we will definitely update our customers.

Replied March 2019

Jim

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

A feature rich and easy to manage SMS/MMS tool

Due to the system's ease of use and robust support pages, I don't believe we have had to reach out for support one time. The delivery rates for the SMS/MMS' are nearly 100 percent consistently, and overall it has been a real winner for the company and the staff that consistently use it.

PROS

After looking at and testing several SMS/MMS applications, we found Text Magic to be the easiest to build out and implement into our multi-department, varying needs, company culture. The process seemed more intuitive and seamless than all of the other options out there, from uploading our contacts with specific field names, creating user accounts, purchasing and setting up unique phone numbers for different users and departments, and the rollout. The key features we use and value most are: 1. Contact List options allow us to segment our lists into prospect status versus existing customer status and more. 2. Sub Account Management 3. SMS and MMS options which enable us to send graphic content for promotional purposes 4. Reporting and audit features to monitor usage and customer responses

CONS

Though the software does have an MMS option, it does not allow the user to send bulk MMS messages, which would be nice for marketing to new customers or sending graphic content to our existing customer base without having to do it one contact at a time.

Reason for choosing Textmagic

Text Magic offered as many features that met our needs but appeared much easier to set up and roll out than the other options.

Mike

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2016

A hugely important cog for our business

We build websites on a pay-on-performance basis, whereby instead of paying for a website to be built and then paying again for it to be optimised, our customers only pay for the new business enquiries we generate for them through the site we build them. We charge per new business enquiry, so we wanted to find something where we could notify our customers (largely tradesmen) by text, providing caller details when they'd missed a call, or to send them notifications relating to their account. TextMagic was the final piece in the jigsaw for us and our overall service is loved by our customers. Many complimenting us on 'our' missed call text service. We started using TextMagic in 2010 and this has been one of the best and lowest maintenance relationships we have ever had. I'd go as far as to say our business wouldn't be the same without it.

PROS

Ease of use, seamless integration, personalisation

CONS

Nothing

Jamie

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2021

It works like it should

Overall it's a solid tool with little to no issues to speak of. There are other options out there but this one works reliably for us.

PROS

The backend is easy to use and intuitive and it was a breeze to set up our texts, lists, and contacts.

CONS

The one thing I wish it did and have confirmed with their support team that it doesn't is to run campaigns for weekdays only, omitting the weekends.

Reason for choosing Textmagic

The setup seemed easier and more intuitive.

Reviewed January 2019

Perfect Addition to the Business!!

Love it!!! Best source to have in the business.

PROS

The software is super helpful and easy to use. It sends texts very quick and lets you know if it was delivered and received. It's much easier then picking up the phone to call someone for a simple issue. It is also very affordable.

CONS

It's difficult to print an entire text conversation. It would be easier if when you hit print on the browser it printed the whole screen. Instead it jumbles up the text and you can't see the whole thing. (I use Google Chrome) I usually screen shot the page and print it in word, which makes it very tiny. Same thing for individual texts, you have to download them to print. Just an extra step, but could be easier.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will definitely consider implementing the described feature in the future. If you have any additional questions or requests, please send them to support@textmagic.com and we will gladly assist you further.

Replied January 2019

Reviewed September 2018

LOVE LOVE LOVE this program

PROS

This program was found by accident through a google search. Try the free phone number lookup for the customers cell vendor. Then I was able to use the composing text messages for customer that did not have a voice mail set up or not accepting calls.

CONS

The whole program is paid for but only .04 cent a look up.

Carla

Law Practice, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Good Product

Was a good experience so far. Technical support is very good.

PROS

Have been using this messaging system for a while and found it to be user friendly.

CONS

Shared lists can't be amended by other administrators.

Mike

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Only Updated Needed

PROS

I like that there's an app and you can keep business related texts in text magic while using the default text app for personal items.

CONS

It needs an update to allow picture messages to be sent. Our business requires paper copies of things to be sent to us and once in a while our clients text documents to us which text magic doesn't currently support picture messages. Not asking for video or files but picture messages would be a huge upgrade.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Unfortunately, TextMagic does not offer the MMS feature at the moment. However, you can add an SMS attachment to your message - it will be sent as a download link inside the text message. We will definitely announce if this feature becomes available in the future.

Replied February 2019

Shawn

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Valued product for streamlining our business.

It's a non-intrusive way to speak to a client without the time consumption of a call.

PROS

It's a quick and easy way to reach out to our clients.

CONS

It would be nice to more more pricing options.

interface

Anna

Reviewed May 2018

The customer support is very helpful and always answers within 24 hours. They have helped us a lot.

PROS

I like the history and sender settings. The functionality have improved during the years. Especially important for us has been the increased number of local/country specific shared numbers for two-way communication.

CONS

The functions are not working intuitively. My collaborators have had difficulties is buying credits, setting up the sender settings. There might be too many options wisible.

Lorraine

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Easy to navigate and use

This is a great business tool in the new world of technology, everyone has a phone and communication is quick and easy.

PROS

The software is easy to use, you can monitor the cost of each text sent, easy to upload and delete contact information, you can see the history of texts sent and monitor the users.

CONS

No options for employees to reply. Sometimes adding pictures or files can be difficult

Aram

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great product and easy to use for not very technical people

Overall I think I recommend this tool for simple requirements specially if your users are not developers or very technical.

PROS

I wanted to use this tool to send surveys with sms to users. The workflow designer was super easy to setup specially with the samples available. I made it work in 5 minutes!

CONS

From the first few minutes it seemed like it is lacking some reports and a way to get raw data back from the surveys i sent out. Maybe there is a way but I haven't found yet.

Reason for choosing Textmagic

It was easier to use for our users

Kayla

Reviewed May 2017

I have used other texting software, but this was by far the easiest to learn.

Increases the number of people I can contact in less time.

PROS

I love how simple it is to import contacts and make lists for every category I need. I also love the ability to set up a text to be sent automatically on a day that you may not be in the office. The ability to make templates saves so much time too! Overall, I love this product and can't imagine one beating it.

CONS

The only thing I do not like is that it sends the texts in multiple text messages. I wish there was a way to increase the number of characters in one text. Sometimes when the receiver gets the message, it is out of order and can be hard to read.

Tanya

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2023

Run from this company

Something changed in 2022. The software worked well but on more than 1 occasion we found residents didn’t receive a text. As a test we contacted a building and texted all of the phones. Not one person received the message but Text Magic charged for the messages. We found a much better reputable company called SimplyTexting. SimpleTexting is cheaper with more capabilities and all texts are sent.

PROS

The software was easy to use and had many great features.

CONS

Not all text messages are sent but you are charged for the texting they attempted to send.

Reason for choosing Textmagic

We got rid of text magic due to false billing charges on more than 1 occasion.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are sorry that the solution we offered was not suitable, and that you decided to switch to another supplier. According to our records, you experienced message delivery problems because you were not compliant with a new industry-wide process. In 2022 we notified you by email that the toll-free verification form was missing on your account. Message delivery cannot be guaranteed under these conditions.

Replied February 2023