All Calyx Point Reviews

Raymundo

Real Estate, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

Calyx Point Review: Calyx is the Industry Standard that Does the Work!

R. Curtis

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Mortgage Loan Management Made Easy

I am a user and administrator. I have integrated stand alone and hosted systems on many occasions. I love the completeness of this application. I have not seen any other that has so much in one place. As a team manager Calyx Point makes my job easier.

PROS

Calyx Point has every single aspect of the mortgage loan process integrated into one application. I have used others in the past but none compare. They offer stand alone and hosted applications. This software can support a 2 person organization to 100s of loan processors with ease. Single point management makes managing the application seamless.

CONS

This is a large application and you have a lot of users you will need in house IT to support all of the integration. Although Calyx has great support you need someone to be there for day to day computing issues.

Gregory

Reviewed January 2018

I shopped for better value (price and feature) systems, and didn't find any.

PROS

Point has been a mainstay of Loan Origination Systems for years. I've used several of the biggest name products (Encompass, Genesis, LendingQB) and Point offers some of the best feature/price balance available. It does NOT try to be all things - it's an LOS. Other sytems attempt to include CRM, and advanced marketing, and rules and engines, but for a small mortgage brokerage, there are better 3rd party tools to do all of that, and Point does a good job at playing well with others. Combined with a hosted server, it's very secure, easy to navigate, and integrates with all the major players in the space. It does have all of the necessary loan origination tools, it updated regularly to keep pace with changes in the industry, and it FEELS like you're entering data directly onto a paper loan application, so there is very little learning curve.

CONS

The interface hasn't been updated since 2004 - maybe longer, so it looks like software from the Windows XP era. It also doesn't know how to handle custom forms other than Word, or custom views or custom much of anything else. It's an installed application, with a lot of function, but if you're looking for something cloud-based, or infinitely flexible, this isn't it.

Jason

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Don’t love Point

PROS

Easy system to navigate even if it’s an old look

CONS

Having to install on each computer is horrible. Makes zero sense

Lauran

Reviewed March 2024

Moving Away From Calyx Point Was One of Our Best Decisions

We only regret that we didn't leave sooner. We are sooooooo incredibly thrilled with LendingPad and would recommend it to any and every mortgage broker, lender, and anyone in the industry. We put off the move for a long time since it's such a big undertaking - especially with a small team. It was easy, quick, and painless to make the move to LendingPad and we are ridiculously glad we did. We were so ready to be done with Calyx Point after how they handled the new URLA rollout. We were dead in the water, unable to run AUS, unable to preapprove clients, unable to PRINT an application!! They had MONTHS to prepare for the changes and it was a complete disaster. We tried to hold on for awhile and finally decided that it was beyond time for us to make a move to a faster and more adaptable web-based platform. LendingPad is agile, user friendly, simple, quick to deploy, and their customer service is spectacular!

PROS

For most of our team, we'd worked in the software before and it was familiar. It was easier to customize and personalize than Encompass (our prior software), because Encompass was more built for giant lenders. Calyx was more adaptable (and affordable!) for us as a small broker. I really appreciated being able to create custom rules and be able to create a very personalized experience for our team. We had pretty good experiences with the Zip online application process - clients seemed to have a positive experience.

CONS

They handled the new URLA rollout so poorly, it was unbelievable. They weren't prepared, the software changes weren't ready, and it was a disaster. Our company was dead in the water and we couldn't function for far too long. It was a technical nightmare and we lost faith in and respect for Calyx really quickly. It's a bit of a dinosaur of a software and isn't at all easy to update, adapt, or keep up with industry changes. There's some work-arounds, but that isn't always efficient. It's often band-aids on top of band-aids because the software is too clunky for them to actually fix and improve. We were really disappointed in customer service. I honestly still have technical support tickets I opened 7 years ago that I never got a response on. There were a lot of ongoing issues and we decided we weren't willing to stay any longer.

Reason for choosing Calyx Point

We chose Calyx Point because it was much more affordable for the size of our company than Encompass. It was more customizable and you didn't need a dedicated IT person to run it. The other main reason that we selected it was because it was familiar - most of our employees had used it before at prior companies. The devil we know.

Reasons for switching to Calyx Point

Encompass was too big for our organization, too complicated, and not easily customizable without a dedicated and trained person who was a full-time Encompass manager. Getting customer service was next to impossible.

Raymundo

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Overall its a loan origination that is ok to use

Overall Calyx Point has been ok with all its traditional uses. It has been a standard for years but has not done a great job of creating an amazing web version of its platform.

PROS

I like the fact that it's easy to use and its great at easily putting an application together.

CONS

I didn't like that their web version is not as good as other Loan origination systems. It lacks good support and enhancements that will allow faster application processes.

Reason for choosing Calyx Point

Because it was well-known in the industry.

Neena

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Calyx is easy and has great customer service.

I have had the privilege of being a part using Calyx team for an impressive span of 21 years. Throughout this extensive tenure, I have consistently found the Calyx platform to be remarkably user-friendly, facilitating seamless navigation and operation. Furthermore, what truly sets Calyx apart is the genuine compassion and dedication exhibited by its staff, who consistently prioritize the needs and satisfaction of their customers.

PROS

I greatly appreciate the accessibility of customer service representatives, as it instills a sense of confidence and reassurance in my interactions with the company. Moreover, the prospect of being able to personally engage with the owner, especially in urgent circumstances requiring assistance, exemplifies a level of dedication and commitment that is truly commendable.Go [sensitive content hidden] !

CONS

There is nothing to complain about. You can even change the colors of the screens!

Calyx is better.

Stacey

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Works great....until it doesn't

We've used Calyx Point as our loan origination software for eight years. I wish it were cloud-based. The customer service/tech support is horrible. Occasionally I'll luck-out and get someone on the phone who actually understands what it means to be in customer service. That's great, but then they usually don't know enough about the software to help. They absolutely do not EVER reach out to let you know when they are experiencing an issue that directly affects your daily functions in the app. You must call in, and if you're lucky, they'll tell you there is a "known issue" they are working on. Again, there is NO communication that the issue has been corrected. Almost every update they send out introduces a new problem that then requires another update. I really wish there was a forum somewhere for Point users and admin to share notes and help each other, or at the very least share the misery.

PROS

Relatively easy set-up, lots of customizable options and interfaces with other vendors

CONS

Calyx Point us still not cloud-based. Customer service is absolutely terrible. Weird glitchy issues at times.

Reasons for switching to Calyx Point

The switch was made just before I was hired. Ironically, the switch was due to poor customer service with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Tera

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Buyer Beware-Calyx IS NOT Worth Your Time & Money!!

When you call customer service, you can't get a human and in the chance that you sat on hold for the 45 min wait, you get someone that tells you they have to give you a ticket number and pass it onto someone who will call me back. When I do get a call back it's days later.

PROS

The only reason why I continued to stay is that Point is not 100% web based. Because of the rural area's that I tend to be on our island, I need to be able to work off line at times because of internet latency. But I'm no longer going to deal with that as I have pulled the trigger to move elsewhere after 19 yrs with Calyx.!!

CONS

Unreliable, unable to interface well with most all vendors, i.e. Freddie/Fannie, LoanSifter. Too time consuming to enter a loan. Won't auto populate from it's database/cardex as it did before the 1003 change, it wipes out asset info completely making you have to re-input over and over again when you run AUS or import a credit report. Hands down just not worth it anymore!

Reviewed March 2018

WARNING: Potential for expensive software failure ... unresolved.

I use it in my daily business as a Mortgage Broker.

PROS

Old, ancient, familiar software. Interfaces well with Fannie Mae DO ... and credit reporting vendors. INKit e-signing is convenient yet potentially dangerous to Mortgage Broker's income.

CONS

Unstable ... data entered correctly does not always flow through to the critically important Loan Estimate (LE) ... yet their INKit system will then send out an incorrect Loan Estimate (LE) that could cost the Mortgage Broker $1,000's of dollars ... and worst of all ... they take zero responsibility for the accuracy of their software ... and choose to define the problem as "unkown" ... before telling the Mortgage Broker "too bad you lost money" using our product ... their corporate culture is as old & ancient as their software ... search for an alternative.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Calyx Point LOS Review

It served the purpose of creating 3.2 files. en the 3.4 file was rolled out, it was completely botched by Calyx and forced us to move to another LOS. Glad to no longer use it.

PROS

Extremely basic data entry, making it fairly easy to train other employees for dat input.

CONS

Functionality, the need for tricking the system to read correctly. Not web-based.

Reason for choosing Calyx Point

Known at the time/familiar.

Christian

Reviewed May 2021

Junk Software

Horrible, this company should not be in business. I will be looking for new software.

PROS

I am comfortable with it since I have used it for 18 years.

CONS

There is no customer service, the software has multiple glitches and it takes days for their tech support to respond basically leaving your business non functional for days. You cant wait online for support at most times and they say they will call you back and hardly call back. So you have to take the time you are down and call repeatedly until you finally reach someone who may or may not be able to help you. The customer service is unbelievably bad. The software is less functional now then it was 18 years ago, there is numerous glitches, and the data does not carry over from one section to the other, so you have to reinput multiple line items when you switch pages.

ROBERT

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2021

CALYX POINT IS AWFUL- RUN FOR THE HILLS

You cannot import a 3.4 which is very frustrating if you use a processor as most of us do. When changing figures the DTI calculation is incorrect most of the time. The company's customer service is awful. I reached out to their support team and they were supposed to call back. They never did. I have emailed support multiple times, they never respond. I would recommend looking into another program if you value your sanity and your time. Calyx Point is a waste of money that I am stuck with for at least another 6 months.

PROS

At this point I have nothing positive to say about this software.

CONS

The interface is not user friendly which was made worse by the implementation of 3.4. Considering the roll out of the URLA you would think they had no idea it was coming when in fact they had over a year to prepare.

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Used to be good

For 20 + YEARS it was satisfactory, few issues, but the last 2 months have been hell. Constant glitches and zero support. I've spent over an hour on hold several times, been forced to leave voice mails or messages several times (NOT ONE RETURN CALL OR e-mail, EVER. After being locked out for the last 24-hours it suddenly decided to let me back in.. question is what's going to break next and will it fix itself or will I sit here for days basically not able to even take a loan application? Likely time to move on and try a competitors product.

PROS

Full featured, when it works, which it has not been doing lately

CONS

Tech support is beyond AWFUL. Since 10.5 rolled out it is nearly impossible to get through to anyone but the answering service. Calls are not returned, emails are not responded to *(EVER)

Heather

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2022

I will never forget Calyx Point

My overall experience is Calyx will always be my favorite software for mortgages.

PROS

What I liked most about Calyx is the learning curve was super easy. this was the first software I used in mortgage field and I really thought the software was easy to use. A lot of mortgage industry people learned from this software and really enjoyed it. They have updated software now but Calyx will always be my favorite.

CONS

What I least liked about this software was two people could not be in the software at the same time and if someone changed something then it would update without indicating it was a new update.

Cory

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Concerned

Product is typically adequate. Not sure that this is a good time to answer this question with the new URLA and all of the challenges that we are encountering and no ability to get it resolved due to poor service.

PROS

I have used Calyx software for 20+ years and find it easy to use

CONS

Customer Service is impossible to reach with the rollout of the New URLA. You wait on hold for extensive time and get put in a voice mailbox that it is full. You send an email and they direct you to call. Very frustrated with the service.

Reason for choosing Calyx Point

I used it in a mortgage brokerage office years ago when I was just starting.

Joan

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2021

SUPPORT BUSY = SOLUTION? = THEY HANG UP PHONE

Horrible product and worse support. It is sooooo bad that Desktop Underwriter has a section dedicated to Calyx (Not Byte or Encompass) to channel all those calls and tell you to call Calyx.

PROS

The logo of the application. The logo of the application. The logo of the application.

CONS

It is not designed with common sense. Only an idiot that has never done a single loan designed this. Poor labeling Section 1, Section 2, Section 3 (what is this???), horrible flow, poor planning (lots of functions not working such as importing all bank data saved on the previous version), total improvisation of the design team.

Kurt