What are Domotz PRO users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Domotz PRO software through verified user reviews

• icon"Great user interface and easy to use. Technical support very responsive and able to solve issue or request in a couple of hours."
  • icon"My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations."
  • icon"It's a very polished platform, that works very reliably and effortlessly. The customer service is awesome, no question is not too small, speed of response and personal approach is second to none."
  • icon"The only thing that really bothered us was the constantly changing plan pricing levels. However that has now been eliminated."
  • icon"It lacks 2 features : the automatic cleaning of offline devices after X days offline. It's either we delete all offline device or manually delete them one by one."
  • icon"The network topology cannot be printed or downloaded into a file that is readable or shareable. 100 devices on a network and its very hard to see the full picture."

Browse all Domotz PRO Reviews

• Have you used Domotz PRO and would like to share your experience with others?

Industry: Oil & Energy

There is no better option anywhere near this price point

Domotz gives us the ability to monitor remote locations without the expense of needing a tech onsite. When considering the price-point of this software, I can install as many agents as I need without worrying about huge bills that will show up later. Something else that needs mentioning, the customer support is absolutely amazing. I have dealt with enterprise level support throughout all areas of the industry and Domotz really does put all those big guys in a corner. The response time and attention to customer's needs could not be better.

Pros

The client is extremely easy to setup and light weight. The auto-detection has to be about the fastest on the market. Many times I get an alert for a new device on the network before I even realize it has pulled an IP. No matter which level you subscribe to, you would be hard pressed to match this feature set with anything else on the market, and, even if you could, it would not look as nice nor function as well. This platform just flat-out works, and it works very well. Almost everyday I stumble across a feature that I didn't even know existed.

Cons

My only issue, and this may sound ridiculous to many, but, I am somewhat old school; and it often takes me longer than it should to figure out the newer, cleaner software that just did not exist 10 years ago. This is more than likely a personal problem, not an issue with the platform.

Joshua

Industry: Computer Networking

Great tool that really helps solve network issues

I fix networks and keep them fixed for a living. Having a simple tool that can reach out an touch every device, on every vlan and tell you what it is makes you an invaluable asset to any organization.

Pros

Domotz automatically identifies many devices automatically so you don't have to guess what something is. In addition the tool is so easy to use it takes very little time to become proficient. I had not successfully worked with an API integration before and through the webinars and support I built my own custom dashboard and learned some new skills in the process.

Cons

none really. I try to break it daily and have not succeeded yet.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

You can't beat the price, functionality, security and support.

Reasons for switching to Domotz PRO

difficulty manipulating the dashboards and identification of client devices and alerting

Niels

August 2022

Domotz offers exactly what i was searching for

Pros

The product is easy to use, has alot of options that i missed by default in other monitoring software. And offers a intuitive dashboard that is easy to navigate.

Cons

If i had to name anything it would probably be the fact that Domotz primarily (as far as i have been able to see) through a cloud portal. I havent been able to find a option yet to only run the software on dedicated hardware without the portal.

Reasons for switching to Domotz PRO

I was searching for a new monitoring software that could offer me more then the previous monitoring software have been able to offer me.

Edward

Industry: Utilities

Domotz Pro - All the features you need

Pros

Low time to value. Setup was quick and easy and the process well thought though. SaaS based solution with the only local installs being the agents.

Cons

Cost could be prohibitive for small organisations or for private use.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

Capabilities. Supported agent platforms.

Torsten

Industry: Photography

June 2022

A great and easy to use monitoring platform

I have a great experience using Domotz including the support that does a really good job with precise and fast responses.

Pros

Domotz has a very friendly user-interface, it has a web-app and a mobile-app, both offering support for dark mode. It recognizes new devices immediately with sending a push notification to the mobile devices, so that in case of an unauthorized access the necessary steps can be taken. I am using the platform since 2016 and since then it has been continuously being enhanced with new features. Domotz also has a lot of integration into Microsoft Teams, Slack, Wehbooks, Telegram and many others. Even Node-Red has a compoment for Domotz. The Domotz agent can run on multiple platforms like Synology, Qnap, Raspberry Pi, Microsoft or you can simply use the Domotz Box as a hardware appliance. Next to the device list with lots of information being gathered automatically upon device recognition, a network topology is shown, the network performance is constantly measured and there is a wide variety of customs and default alerts that can be defined, next to a lot of different reports, that are available. So Domotz is the best tool, that can be used for all kind of different network monitoring.

Cons

Nothing, Domotz offers all necessary functions for monitoring a network.

Stacus

Industry: Computer Hardware

Proactive Monitoring

Domotz Pro features and functions have opened up a multitude of avenues to exploit while monitoring our edge devices. Our team has the ability to address problems in real time and reduce overheads incurred through field engineer deployments. We can now centrally manage and monitor edge devices by drilling down to services affected at both a port and switch level. Additional to monitoring, Domotz has availed a reporting facility that we use to justify works done for our customers, a critical component when meeting Service Level Agreement Timelines.

Pros

Everything! The Domotz team have developed a well thought out product that addresses the needs of the end user without the need of complex configurations seen in most RMM tools today. My personal favorite features include Domotz Eyes with Alerts, VPN on Demand, Network Monitoring, Web-hooks, VLAN support and IoT integrations. Working with Embedded systems deployed across remote locations, there is no better tool to provide us with real time proactive monitoring of our remote assets.

Cons

We have not experienced any Cons with the product thus far. However we are grateful to the development team that is constantly engaging with us to add features to the product and expand the scope of use with the ever changing Network and IT environments in to day's world

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

Attractive Pricing Model Easy to Use. Easy to setup Offers a comprehensive set of features Great User interface that is not cluttered with many of modules found in most RMM tools

Great Software

I'm a happy customer - its a simple pricing structure which makes it simple to deploy and use

Pros

While there is other competitive options on the market, Domotz accomplishes its primary aspects in a more readable fashion. The reporting is useful and by and large the tool just works. They seem to always be making improvements and its been becoming a much stronger product.

Cons

Feature development can take quite awhile but they work when they are released.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

Simple pricing structure - had the features we were primarily looking for

Shane

Domotz is part of the team now!

This has allowed us to deliver a more proactive service to our customers as well as expand our service offering to things that require more visibility to the network. Overall this has been a great choice and I expect we will continue to expand the use of Domotz.

Pros

The architecture and licensing are simple – one device per site is all you have to worry about. There are many ways to host the agent, but the Domotz Box is a fantastic way to keep things simple – plug and play. It integrates with our PSA, alerting and documentation platforms, which is fantastic. The ability to see what is on a client’s network, whether we manage it or not, is very helpful. Also being able to access those devices without remote access to a PC on site makes life so much easier. It’s a well thought out and effective solution. Most importantly, the support experience has been fantastic. Although I haven’t needed too much in that regard, the few times I have contacted support resulted in very prompt response and resolution. That’s priceless.

Cons

Getting the hardware (Domotz Box) has been a been challenging, but that’s a distribution problem in Canada – I’m sure it’s no problem in the US. Thankfully there are other ways to host the agent. Things are not entirely intuitive at first, but like many things, once you figure out how it’s put together, it makes sense. Some of the integrations are paid, so those costs do add up.

Joel

Rock Solid Product & Easy to Use

The business issue we solved was time. The time it took to send a technician out to the field to fix an issue that could be remotely corrected via Domotz. In a small business, that time saved equates to time and profits.

Pros

This list is so long about what I like about this product. The best way I can explain is the time it has saved my company and technicians from requiring to roll a truck to a job site for service. We have been able to fix 99% of the things that happen remotely.

Cons

Honestly, there is not anything I have found about this software or product that I dislike.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

Domotz was a product that I found online. I was not comparing it to other services or products. I can tell you hands down, nothing will compare to what Domotz can do for you. I have talked to many industry professionals in my field and not one person has had any complaints about the service offered with Domotz.

Christopher

September 2022

Two years later and I am still a satisfied Domotz user!

Pros

Domotz has been a life-saver on several occasions, when a device or server has gone down and it has immediately notified me. Or when a device was not stable and I could see it flapping. It is amazing software!

Cons

It did take some time to discover and configure all of the devices, and you do need a host machine to run the software. But it is well worth it!

A great remote Network tool for every MSP

I am completely satisfied with the choice of using Domotz. I am mainly able to whatever I need to monitor my clients’ networks and all the devices connected to them. It definitely enhanced the way our technicians work, and the approach to the networks when dealing with issues. We have decided to use this for all of our clients as a best practice to provide a better service to them.

Pros

This platform is super-easy to use: set-up of new sites to be monitored is a as simple as it should be. We can choose whether to use an existing NAS, a Windows or Linux Machie to scan the local network, as well as deploying a very simple hardware provided by Domotz. The service is very reach of functionalities. We do monitor and manage quite complex networks, and Domotz helps us understanding how the network is shaped (Network Topology Map available in Domotz) or exactly which ports of switches are used by which devices. For instance, this helped us when restructuring a network rack for one of our clients. Moreover, we use daily the Remote Connection functionalities, including the VPN on Demand, to access network devices and perform daily or weekly maintenance of them. The integration with Freshservice has been a life-changer: we are notified directly in our Ticketing System when something happens on the networks of our clients. However, we have not explored yet all the possibilities available in Domotz, even because they continue to enrich the offer with a very high pace.

Cons

The integration with some documentation system (including Freshservice) should be enriched, so that it will be easier for our technicians to have all the information in one place. I would also like to see more network devices to be supported to backup their configuration, but I know their team is working on it.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

A much simpler and affordable pricing model. It offers a complete set of features required to remotely manage the networks of my clients.

Howard

Easy remote monitoring and access

Highly recommended! For £20 pm you will be hard pushed to find anything better. There are many other remote access products but I have found them to be fiddly or time consuming, not to mention costly. We are a startup so cost is obviously very important to us. Domotz provides exactly what we need, with a simple interface and ease of use.

Pros

Very easy interface, multiple installation options like Ubuntu, Synology and Docker to name a few. Easy setup which allows me to deploy within minutes. Recently deployed three agents to remote locations. The VPN feature allows us to keep full control. A nice touch - the VPN can be configured to access via custom ports. I have a single box solution for a remote customer that is running a Type 1 Hypervisor and multiple VM's and Containers within. I can access everything via the VPN without any human involvement, which given the locations, is a must. I also use the Android app for alarms (I can also access remote devices through the VPN from my phone) and this works well. remember to disable battery control on your Android, otherwise alarms can be delayed. If using SNMP PoE devices, you can power cycle the port on the switch via the web interface or app. It also has great recognition of well known devices and will group them if required. For example, our office has several Samsung Smart TV's as well as Ubiquity network equipment. They have each been grouped which allows for quick access.

Cons

None that hinder my requirements. The map (when using SNMP devices) is quick to populate however, you are unable to modify it's layout or add colour. This would be a nice touch. But this does not discourage my use of the product.

Dan

An invaluable service for small business

As stated above, the notifications make life so much simpler. If a service goes down I know immediately and can have it resolved before the panicked phone calls even start. Over the years I've had a couple problems with my Agents and the support staff at Domotz does an outstanding job resolving all issues. 10/10 support.

Pros

As an on call tech for a local small business, I couldn't live without the near instant notifications when hosts or services go down or up. The Connect feature allows admins to access services behind a firewall which makes things like on the go router configuration a snap.

Cons

It's not at all a dealbreaker, but the UI has room for improvement. The apps and webUI don't remember my group settings and login is overall slow. I also wish they'd support VNC as one of the Connect services.

Reasons for switching to Domotz PRO

This was back in the day when one could install a Fing scanner script on a Linux computer. It did its job well but Domotz just offers more features and fits my needs far better.

Response from Domotz

Thanks for your nice words about Domotz. We are always trying to do better, and your recommendations about the UI will be useful for that. With regard to the VNC support, even though this is not directly integrated within Domotz, users can still use VNC client to remotely connect to a VNC server through Domotz. Please refer to the instruction provided on the Community Forum: https://community.domotz.com/topic/1034-tcp-tunnel-vnc-client-to-connect-to-vnc-servers/

Replied January 2020

jonathan

Great way to show your internet provider speed issues, and excellent monitoring too

I have been running Domotz for almost 3 years across a number of networks.... the most beneficial has been across a medium size, distributed wifi network with 33 important devices (wifi access points, switches, routers, VOIP, security cameras, and wifi backhaul) being monitored. With domotz I can quickly identify issues and resolve them fast. The remote access is a bonus for when I am not on site.

Pros

The best feature for us has not been the monitoring (which is great) but has been the network speed test that get run. Our only option for internet connection because of our location is a WiFi connection and we are at the limit of what the provider will install. After 2 years of operation we noticed a significant decrease in our internet performance. Rather than having a back and forward discussion with our provider about speeds and local network conditions etc we were able to provide data from domotz showing the speed and exactly when the speed dropped off. From this we were able to get an upgraded connection to match our internet plan

Cons

The support team are excellent but you do need to contact them if you are replacing/upgrading hardware... small inconvenience that has only happed twice due to hardware upgrades.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

We were looking for a SMB monitoring solution and this fit the bill

Scott

Great and quick support. The only issue has been with the alert notifications.

Pros

Easy to setup. We were using other products that were taking way too long to implement per project. Also, like how easy it is to get to reboot functionality. The software does a lot of intuitive things that make sense. For instance, having the ability to reboot a device over POE. It's not the function of this but implementation. It is automatically configured and setup for you. So if a device is POE and on a switch that is supported by Domotz you can just reboot it. No configuration. They also come out with new features all the time. Building on the platform.

Cons

Notifications. They have made progress. But even just the request to group email alerts still hasn't reinstated with the team. Sometimes I can get 50 email alerts on a site at the same time. They have new features that are paid to minimize some of this. But competing products do a much better job of not spamming when you have a widespread issue at a site. A simple combine all email alerts just in a 5-minute window would do a lot for this.

Easier setup and configuration

Miguel

The right tool for right job

Easely support and access to customers devices onsite

Pros

Easy to deploy and understand, affordable for SMB

Cons

If you there is no possibility to install an agent, you need to purchase the Domotz box which is was only available through Amazon in Italy. Also the price has double on this device in the last 6 month.

easy and priced for SMB

Response from Domotz

Hi Miguel, Thanks so much for your review and for being a valued Domotz user. We just wanted to comment on the box pricing. We believe that what happened here is an unauthorized reseller was selling the box at a higher price on Amazon. Our listing was temporarily unavailable due to Brexit in certain European markets and thus unauthorized resellers may have been price gorging during this time. We are sorry about this. We only sell the box at 99 EUR and have never increased the pricing. We are sorry for this experience you faced. You can always visit https://www.domotz.com/domotz-box.php for the information on purchasing the box and pricing or by reaching out to us on support@domotz.com for more information. Thanks a lot for your review and we hope to see you soon on Domotz. The Domotz Team

Replied May 2021

Greg

December 2021

Domotz PRO

Supporting a network in another city 700 km away means I can't just get in a car to go and reboot a server. Domotz has never failed in allowing me to sort out emerging problems. I get alerted if a new device gets added to the network or when important devices disappear or go offline. Network issues can be monitored and corrected before they become a problem.

Pros

The agent is very simple to configure and this has improved significantly over the years I have been using the product. I seem to recall downloading the software and running install scripts in the early days but current versions can be installed via the SNAP Store for ultimate simplicity and ease of setup. Once installed, a browser is needed to access the agent to configure it to connect to the Domotz cloud. From then on, everything can be configured and accessed from the Domotz apps, anywhere, anytime. The Domotz apps on desktop and iPad offer the same views and actions making it very easy to administer networks.

Cons

Sometimes the speed of operations appear to be slower than I would like however taking into account the scale of complexities that go into providing a secure tunnel between networks across the Internet it is a reasonable compromise.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

I did investigate open source products but the learning curve to install and configure was high. I experimented with a Domotz trial and found the simplicity and ease to get it running meant I could provide better support from the get go.

Mike

Must have MSP Tool

Domotz is a great tool and a must have tool for MSP. Not only is the software killer, their support is 5 stars!

Pros

Domotz is a must have MSP tool. It gives us the ability to not only monitor and configure custom alerts for each of our clients but it allow us to quickly resolve issues right from the application or mobile app. Being able to quickly restart an access point or switch, turn on PoE on a specific port or create a tunnel to remotely access needed resources is super powerful.

Cons

Domotz doesn't have the ability to collapse a single client's locations in one heading in the app.

Cost

Nick

A Digital, Onsite, Support Engineer!

Domotz has helped us to be more efficient with our maintenance and also assists with ongoing installations. We fit a Domotz box as soon as we start on a project now, and even use as a temporary tool to provide fault finding diagnostics when taking over a project.

Pros

We love the various features Domotz offers. The ability to monitor all of the devices on our smart home systems with ease and received notifications as soon as a issue is found. Extremely good interface, much more intuitive than other brands we have used before. Growing list of integration partners. Simple and effective smart phone app for multiple users.

Cons

We have quite a few clients so the costs creep up, but still far cheaper than sending an engineer to site and much quicker in most cases.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

As a whole it is a far better package. The support is excellent and the product is very reliable and offers us the equivalent of a support engineer on every site, 24/7.

Reasons for switching to Domotz PRO

Domotz had a far better interface and ultimately we then installed Domotz on our Krika devices.

Dan

A very good way to keep track of your networks.

I have been using Domotz Pro for almost 2 years now and my main purpose was to get a good program that could spot new devices popping up in the network to spot strange behavior BUT also to keep track of the status of all my existing "good" devices and see if important ones goes offline. I have tried to find other similar products on the market but have not found one that is as good as Domotz.

Pros

Very quickly spots new devices in the network and also keeps track of what port in the switch it comes through. And also keeps a good view of all the devices and tracks status. Also the software is developed and new smart features and is added on a regular basis.

Cons

So far there is really no things that I dislike. It really works OK in my opinion. The only thing that I do not like is that they have removed the "Lite" version so private persons like myself could afford to use this powerful software. (I have been running the "Legacy Lite plan" at an affordable level for a private user but you could not order that any more) However, apart from that and for businesses I still would recommend this as it is a good software for sure.

Tim

Excellent "now" network monitoring tool

I use the box in high value private assets where there is no IT support onsite, this allows me to see and access what is going on. I think it is value for what you get, and happily pay a little more if the IT network monitoring would be more comprehensive and collected data more accessible.

Pros

It's a simple unit (I only use the "Box" version), that you can in matter of minutes setup and integrate into the network. It collects detailed data and depending on the device has very integrated management features. Their customer support is fast and thorough, bending over backwards where they can.

Cons

It's a now product, I like to look at the (recent) history and see if there are trouble patterns, it is hard to extract this from the interface. It also misses (standard, for me) features like network topology. Their "Fingbox" product at this time gives a better monthly report that the pro version. Currently I use another software tool to fullfill these extra features and end up paying double, money that I would pay on Domotz instead!

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

Plug and play, instalable hardware box.

Nick

Industry: Consumer Electronics

DomotzPro

Domotz Pro allows us to ensure the highest probability for our installed systems to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. It also allows us to be more cost/time efficient as truck-rolls are only needed if it is determined a part needs replacement. It then also ensures that the relevant part is actually on the truck when it rolls.... We use this platform every day to make our lives and our clients lives less stressful....

Pros

The software is easy to use, set-up, and implement. It gives immediate at-a-glance information on whether the site systems that we are maintaining are functioning as intended, or if a problem has arisen. We often know about issues long before the client is aware of them! If an issue is notified then the software tools included allow us to drill down further to either resolve the issue remotely, or determine exactly which parts may need replacement . It has turned our service department from being reactive to proactive, increasing client satisfaction, and adding to the client perception of us as a premium brand company.

Cons

That it is so easy to implement and use that our competitors will be able to make use of it too.....!!

Reasons for switching to Domotz PRO

Cost, Ease of Implementation, Ease of Use, Quality of Support.

Matthieu

Industry: Furniture

Great for SMB

I have 4 small shops, each one with 1 our 2 computers, router with 2 WANs, VoIP phones Camera and Alarm. All shops are connected via VPN to a server in our office and to a cloud server with our sales and accounting system. All equipment and sub-networks are monitered from ou Synology server with Domotz installed.

Pros

Very simple Scalable, even for not so small businesses Great and quick support

Cons

Limitation for sub-net monitoring (0 in lite plan, 3 in advanced plan, 8 in Premium).

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

Simplicity. And allow me (CEO) to keep in touch with IT without the interface of IT Guys ;-)

Shawn

The best monitoring tool ever.

My satisfaction in the scale out of 10 is 9. I mostly was able to do whatever I need to monitor devices. It definitely enhanced the quality of our monitoring solution approach.

Pros

The most value that I found from this software is that I can easily configure and deploy on my personal device (like Raspberry Pi) with multiple options of OS platform. Furthermore, once Domotz was running on my device, most of features that I needed for monitoring were available and easy to use. The UI was concise and straightforward. Customization of monitored device info was practical and effortless. I loved my whole experience with Domotz's features such as alert, report, third-party app integration, price, and so on...

Cons

Though Domotzs has a great auto-generated reporting feature, it would have been really helpful for us if the user was able to customize report somehow with some visual graphs.

Reasons for choosing Domotz PRO

I loved Domotz Box design. I loved its flexibility in customization. On top of many positive aspects, Domotz support team is very professional, prompt, and supportive. I was more than satisfied with support team.

Changing Landscape of Remote Support

We are solving many issues every day through the use of Domotz. When we do have an issue with anything within the Domotz environment reaching out to their tech support gets us a resolution very quickly, i would guess around 15-20 mins. They have been a great company to partner with!

Pros

Domotz has enabled me to be proactive in supporting clients. The notifications let me know when a device drops from the network. I can then open the remote app from anywhere, and see if it is something i can fix remotely. Typically devices lock up and need a power cycle. Domotz has support for PDUs like the Wattbox, Luxul, and BlueBolt which make fixing a potential issue a snap!

Cons

I don't have any issues with the software. the "issue" is once you see what it can do you want more. So constantly asking Domotz if it would be possible to build in XYZ.

4.95/5 out of 76 reviews