All Okta Reviews

Shari

Consumer Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

One Of If Not The Best Authenticator and Sign On Software

PROS

My company incorporated Okta into our daily workflow and everything has been a breeze since. No need to type in my password every time I'm logging in or worry about security breaches because Okta saves it all. It has a plug in which makes it even more accessible as you can log into another software without going through the hassle of getting to another page and signing in. It also only requires on log in session so you needn't constantly have to resign into it every time you need to get to another software. The phone's app UI is sleek and modern and receives the authentication requests very fast. You can also add your personal websites that use multifactor authentication to it.

CONS

No cons to be completely honest. And that's the reason why my company has incorporated it into a lot of things.

Reasons for switching to Okta

Okta was far more dependable and less of a nuisance with their alerts.

Andualem

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Streamlining User Management

As a user of Okta software, I can say that it has been a great tool for streamlining user management within our organization.

PROS

1.Easy to use: Okta's interface is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to navigate and manage user accounts.2.Single sign-on: With Okta, users only need to remember one set of login credentials for multiple applications, which saves time and reduces the risk of security breaches.3.Customizable: Okta can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, including branding and access policies.4.Integrations: Okta integrates with many popular business applications, including Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, and more.

CONS

1.Price: Okta can be expensive for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets.2.Support: While Okta's support team is generally responsive, some users have reported long wait times for support tickets.

Reasons for switching to Okta

I've decided to switch to Okta for my IAM needs. With Okta, I can manage my user identities and access in a centralized way, improving my overall user experience and providing a higher level of security. Additionally, I'll be able to enable single sign-on (SSO) functionality across different applications, making it easier and more efficient to access the tools and resources I need. Overall, I believe that Okta will provide a more robust and scalable solution for my IAM needs compared to using OAuth on its own.

Seth

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

They will sell you then drop you and won't get in touch until it's billing time again

We had a terrible experience with Okta. Our sales rep left out very important details that would have dissuaded us signing up. First, the SSO paywall for 3rd parties is so massive and of course they left out that detail. For $12k per year, our costs would exceed $50k in 3rd party charges, just to connect the core apps we use on a daily basis. Second, they said Okta would work seemlessly for our customer service reps, who check in on email accounts and different software services that we use; however, after talking to 3 customer service reps, we found out that we could not achieve this using Okta, making this all-or-nothing deal fall short of our needs. Thirdly, they insisted that we pay them to get support on the product that they sold us on. I would highly recommend first googling "SSO wall of shame" and thinking twice about signing with Okta. They are hounding us to pay for year 2 when we did not even launch it in year 1. Steer clear of these guys, they will bait and switch and they only care about signing new customers.

PROS

Getting the team set up was relatively straightforward.

CONS

Setting up individual apps can be tedious and not straightforward. They offered no support unless we paid them. The paywall for SSO is very steep. Multiple users cannot access single accounts using Okta Verify.

Quishea

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Great for MultiFactor Authenication!! I love it!!

PROS

Okta has been a game-changer for me, and here's why. First off, the "Multiple Authentication Methods" feature is a lifesaver. I can choose how I want to prove I'm me—whether it's a traditional password, a quick PIN, or even my fingerprint. It's like having a personalized security menu, and it makes me feel in control of my account's safety. The convenience doesn't stop there. Okta's single sign-on (SSO) is a time-saver. I log in once, and it's like having a magic key that opens all my authorized doors. No more juggling a bunch of different passwords. Plus, the security is top-notch. The platform is proactive with its threat detection, and with the "Multiple Authentication Methods," I feel confident that my accounts are locked down tight. Okta has definitely made my online life easier and more secure.

CONS

While Okta has a lot of perks, there are a couple of things that bug me a bit. Firstly, the learning curve was a tad steep for me. Figuring out all the features and settings took some time, and I felt a bit overwhelmed initially. Another thing is that the platform can get a bit pricey, especially if you need all the advanced features. For smaller budgets, this might be a concern. Also, sometimes the push notifications for authentication can be a bit too frequent, making me feel like I'm confirming my identity more often than necessary. It's a minor annoyance but worth mentioning. Despite these quirks, Okta's security features and convenience still make it a solid choice for me.

Ian

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Easily Manage Your Users Authentication With Okta

We really like using Okta and have had great feedback from our clients. The authentication features allow us to protect our network and access to programs. Users have been able to easily adapt to single sign on.

PROS

Its easy for non-tech employees to setup and start using to access company sites. The administrator console allows our engineers to manage users okta settings and access. They have a great portal and the support and sales team have been great to work with.

CONS

Okta has had times where it is down and users are not able to sign in. This has affected us during business hours and have a bit of an annoyance.

Reason for choosing Okta

The cost analysis we did was a better fit for us to go with Okta over Duo. We also are more familiar using it as a team.

Chase

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

PROS

Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

CONS

Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

Reason for choosing Okta

Simplicity was the overarching factor in selecting Okta. They are very focused on helping nonprofits as well, and that was a huge bonus for us.

Nick

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Best in class SSO solution, end to end solution to access.

I have build end to end access control solutions in Okta several times. It is best in class today.

PROS

Okta has the most integration support, and a strong engine for building a closed loop access control story. From device trust to MFA login, from HRIS provisoning to app provisoning. It lets you build a complete access control story for your users/customers.

CONS

Customer support when things go wrong with integrations. Plenty of finger pointing without much effort to dig in.

Reasons for switching to Okta

Better data security and more integrations at the time.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Okta Buyer Review

Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

PROS

SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

CONS

Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

Reason for choosing Okta

Okta is leading the charge in the world of "modern authentication" and has integration/apps to support a highly mobile workforce supporting appropriate access to applications and services.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great MFA

great that it doesn't disclose what you are authenticating

PROS

Most banks and services use mfa, and 2factor. but they identify who / what you are authorizing. Okta doesn't. If you have criminals trying to access your logins. Okta gives 1 major step of security above the other. s

CONS

nothing, it's fine. it ticks all the boxes for what i need.

Reasons for switching to Okta

had to, but microsoft allowed users to access my account. and when i tried to contact them to have this stop microsoft didn't bother to do anything.

Yuriy

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Solid SSO package.

Overall, this really does help with consolidating logins, making onboarding and offboarding a very easy process. There are some admin panel quirks, but overall very useful.

PROS

Software is easy to use and implement. The Control panel just makes sense. Every implementation is very well documented and pretty much walks you through every integration possible. MFA is fairly easy. Support is great. Even pre-sale, we were able to get support from sales engineers and it was great. Pricing is nice too if you go through a reseller.

CONS

While the control panel is nice, there are quirks. The bulk delete users process is painful, you almost have to do it one by one. The MFA, while nice, can be quirky. I am getting a bit fed up with the number of authenticator apps on my phone.

Reason for choosing Okta

Integration setup was much easier with Okta making this a no-brainer pick.

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2023

Powerful and flexible identity management

Okta stands out for its flexibility and high levels of identity management security. It fits very well into the enterprise infrastructure and the centralized administration process facilitates secure access to applications and cloud environments.

PROS

It is easy to manage user access to applications. Offers a very fast and secure login that simplifies access to the application stack, access notification arrives instantly. It has excellent customization options that enhance its ability to adapt. Enables you to create integrations that strengthen security, drive operational processes and strengthen automation.

CONS

This solution provides robust identity management. Initial setup is cumbersome and time-consuming.

Mo

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

A great add-on to application development

PROS

The best feature was the Okta Sign-in widget which was used as all the application's sign-in page and served by an AWS Lambda function without issues. The registration (onboarding) flow was easy for users to follow. Integrations to in house developed application + AD was easy to implement. Reporting to see which users were internal vs external made it easy for us to implement different password policies. We were also able to integrate with other clients that were already using Okta for SSO.

CONS

In my opinion the API rate limiting tiers are expensive to operate at scale.

Reason for choosing Okta

Development and customization were better.

Reviewed May 2021

The most efficient software to streamline admin tasks

Like I mentioned earlier, this is the most valuable software addition, in my experience. It doesn't add any new innovative features, but instead combines all the apps necessary into one log-in process, with a centralized extension that lets you access any platform instantly. Takes away so much of the hassle that comes with working on multiple platforms (imagine - Trello, Gmail, Dayforce, you name it -- no log-in, no security texts, just a click and you're there!)

PROS

This is by far the best new software I've used in the last few years. So many platforms exist that offer the same "innovative efficiency" for employees and employers alike; Okta is the one that really delivers. Long story short (in my experience with it) - it allows you to link all professional accounts (think email, payroll apps, time tracking, any other software you use) into one efficient log-in process, with an extension that allows you to access any of the above at any time, without having to fiddle with passwords, dual authentication, etc. It is a huge time saver for me EVERYDAY, and saves our HR and tech team the headache that comes with having to manually reset passwords or log-in info for employees on a million different platforms.

CONS

There was a slight* learning curve *slight = it took under 15 minutes to fully set up, with some slight hiccups along the way, if you're not super tech-savvy. Luckily, once you're past the initial set-up, there is never an issue again. Everything just works!

Kavindu Githsara

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Secure Your Digital Perimeter with Okta

Overall, as a user of Okta, I am very satisfied with the software. Its ease of use, security features, and access management capabilities make it an excellent solution for businesses of all sizes. While the cost may be a potential concern for some, the benefits that Okta provides are well worth the investment.

PROS

I find it to be a highly effective identity and access management solution. Okta allows me to easily and securely access all the applications and systems I need for my job, from anywhere and on any device. I can use a single set of login credentials for multiple apps, which saves me time and ensures that I can keep my accounts secure. One of the key benefits of Okta is its ease of use. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, and it’s easy to navigate to the applications I need. I appreciate the ability to quickly search for and find the apps I need, and I also find it helpful that I can customize the dashboard to show only the apps that are relevant to me.

CONS

One potential drawback of Okta is its cost. The licensing fees for Okta can be quite high.

Anthony

Semiconductors, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Offers multiple, customizable access management options

This is an easy to use platform that integrates easily with other applications, is well supported and provides a secure authentication process with the ability to create our own policies.

PROS

Features a customizable and easy-to-use dashboard that facilitates user login. Enables effective role management and optimizes the management of the entire user identity lifecycle. It offers the advantage of having access to business resources centralized in a robust, customized security and access control system.

CONS

Although this platform offers reliability and ease of access and identity management. I would like its user interface to be a bit more modern and visually pleasing.

Gideon

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Okta Review

PROS

Single Sign-On (SSO): Okta offers a robust SSO solution that allows users to access multiple applications with just one set of credentials. This eliminates the need for users to remember and manage multiple passwords, enhancing convenience and productivity while improving security.

CONS

User experience limitations: While Okta provides a user-friendly interface, some users may find the user experience less intuitive or visually appealing compared to other identity and access management solutions. The customization options for the end-user interface may be limited, potentially impacting branding or user adoption in specific scenarios.

Ryan

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Okta improves your security posture and makes authentication to your tools near frictionless

They have continued to build a product that enables IT teams to manage employee identity. When we first deployed Okta workflows, we knew that their product and engineering teams consulted with Corporate IT teams to build Workflows. So far, I have not seen them slowdown on innovation and iterating on their product(s) which is good for a customer like me.

PROS

- Ease of use even for junior IT admins- Ease of deployment- Okta Workflows extends your ability to automate user provisioning outside of regular SCIM options- Identity governance (IGA) is a game change in the IGA space especially if you're an existing Okta user. Workflows that can be built in Slack/Teams makes it much easier for your IT and Security teams- Setting up a new application that's part of their catalog takes minutes

CONS

Nothing of significance as they continue to innovate and release new features.

Reviewed February 2019

Great tool for giving end users access

we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

PROS

I love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.

CONS

i would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software

Vishnu