What are SecureLink users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SecureLink software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like how quickly secure link connects to servers."
  • icon"Software has good user interface. Works well with Microsoft edge."
  • icon"It is very easy to use and its name says it is secure. It provides the opportunity to track time that I spent on this platform as well as see status of other users."
  • icon"Securelink RDP needs resolution/scaling features. Perhaps this is something that is available but was restricted by admins."
  • icon"Hard to believe I am the only one experiencing a specific error."
  • icon"Other agencies I deal with that use this struggle making it impossible for me to log in."

Browse all SecureLink Reviews

• Have you used SecureLink and would like to share your experience with others?

Harsh

Feels like a hyperloop between my system and server instances, love it!!!

Easy Access, Security, Scalability, Remote working facility

Pros

Gives you easy access to server machines apart from being secured, performs well like you are using the actual server.

Cons

There are instance where it looses the connection which is irritating but for all the pros, it is bearable.

Nathaniel

Provides secure HIPAA compliant connections for hospitals.

Pros

-Secure -Functional -Compliant -Reliable -Supports many different connection types.

Cons

-Requires a manager to be downloaded every X mins -Uses Java.

Drew

June 2022

Long Time User: Least Reliable Remote Access Tool I Know

I used to primarily use Windows, but now I am mostly a Mac user. My sole purpose for using this application is remote access. I use this application daily and have used it since 2015. I use many remote access tools and VPNs on a daily bases and this is the worst one I've experienced by far. In the last couple years, I can't think of many times I've use this software and had it work successfully. It consistently fails to log on and I've even had it fail to connect the session in older versions. I've reached out to support and they are professional, but the problems don't get resolved. Since I use many instances of this software, I've concluded it's not an issue with user configuration of the application, but rather the application itself. I suspect the issues tend to happen more on Mac OS, but I've experienced the log on issues on Windows as well. I would not recommend this product until the reliability drastically improves.

Pros

It's easy to figure out how to use the remote access feature.

Cons

In short, the remote access feature is very unreliable. I use multiple instances of this daily and always have issues connecting using the remote access feature. As another reviewer described, the authentication fails multiple times until it suddenly works. My coworkers have the same issue. The price was extremely high for such an unreliable application, especially with the size of our company being under 100 employees.

Alan

SecureLink is great as a VPN for tech support

Using multiple VPN's for my job, I find that SecureLink is the easiest to use with the least amount of issues. End user can customize it to allow access only to specific servers and can control turning it on/off to specific times or for specific procedures to turn on (has message that pops up to say personalized entry message)

Pros

It allowed very easy access to remote servers (fully controlled by end user for access). If it goes down , the customer support gets it running very quickly.

Cons

It could only have 2 users on a platform at a time (not the best for multi server unless they use a Nexus) Cannot delete old Gatekeepers only deactivate (one of the clients has over 50 gatekeepers that we have to sort through.

Response from SecureLink

Alan, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. We are glad to hear that you have had an overall positive experience with SecureLink and our customer support team. Currently in the UI users do have the ability to delete Gatekeepers, this is something that may have to be handled by your SecureLink administrator. I appreciate your feedback around having multiple users on a single platform and will make sure we open a ticket internally around that feature. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Ramesh

Securelink - Getting into Remote

Overall we are OK with Securelink but concern over speed and frequent portal and gatekeeper issues that impacts our work. We use this 24X7 to connect client;s environment and we like to have a Desktop Utility which has easy gatekeeper connection method , customized gatekeeper list and settings per user.

Pros

Easy to use and connect but with some issues Platform independent Easy to Search and find different gatekeeper Access RDP Widows size can be customized , allowing to clipboard access and print feature Shows Recent gatekeeper and servers list

Cons

Biggest headache is JAVA Updates ,Every time i have to call support to fix the issue different browser have different way to connect , having much problems with Google Chrome there is no Desktop utility to connect, We are using this almost 24X7 and low Speed is major concern Support is good but they have to fix some common issues regularly after each upgrade Should have favorite feature and make custom Gatekeeper list per user

Arpan

A great tool for connecting to remote servers securely and easily.

Pros

- The application is simple and easy to use. A connection can be made to a remote gatekeeper in a matter of seconds.

Cons

- Securelink manager needs to be downloaded every time a connection needs to be made to a remote gatekeeper. This is annoying. I hope this issue resolves in a future version of the software. - Occasionally, the application causes high memory and CPU usage. Have to manually end all instances of application from task manager to resolve the issue. - Often, the active sessions to the servers disconnect without any warning. This is the biggest drawback of securlink. - Does not work well in Firefox and Chrome.

Mohamed

December 2021

SecureLink Review

it was an amazing experience for me

Pros

Easy to Use have More than one method to connect to the server using RDP too predefined credentials to access the server easily access more than one server at the same time

Cons

Downloading needed files with every login is a headache and takes more time

SecureLink as secure Remote support

Pros

secure Remote support - catalogue all your customers so you will search and access - web interface - good fit resolution

Cons

for me , I have used it for 2 years ago without any issues but for budget the management have decided to switch to cheaper app

Remote user

Acceptable. It is rather clunky.

Pros

The ability to work remotely. Access to all my files and programs from my home laptop.

Cons

Too many steps to get connected to my work desktop.

Response from SecureLink

Thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the ease of use when it comes to SecureLink connectivity. If possible, I would like to further discuss some of the details around the pain points you are encountering day to day when using our product. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Amit

Easy to manage with Top notch compliance

I am using securelink to manage multiple networks and machines across multiple clients. It is a blessing to don't have to manage separate VPNs for each client.

Pros

It is very simple process to manage access of my clients. With the possibility of configuring access on a time scale level is simply amazing. Tracking usage of server is most important thing in our day to day life and with Securelink I am able to see who used which server, when and for how long.

Cons

Sometimes I face issues with some gatekeepers and we could use a more user friendly UI/UX. Sometimes I face issues with Java applet for connection.

Donald

A solid replacement for vendor VPN that also provides basic remote access for staff with 2FA

Our small IT team is able to meet the needs of our vendors and external staff in much less time and with fewer maintenance tasks with SecureLink when compared to traditional VPN. Our HIPAA risk assessments and audits are more straight forward as we have detailed audit trails on every external connection through SecureLink while enforcing individual users accounts and two-factor authentication for every session. SecureLink always gave us the capability of shielding the vendor from having to know the network and application credentials needed in accessing the resources we were opening to them but now it also integrates with major privileged access management solutions (Cyberark, Thycotic, etc.) so that we can leverage that to maintain a single credential repository.

Pros

We purchased SecureLink to replace most of our vendor VPN connections (except those needed for application interface data exchange) to simplify our administration of such connections while providing more comprehensive audit trails of exactly what was done during each session. SecureLink met our needs for both of those objectives.

Cons

The user interface is dated in its design and their video replay of vendor activity still depends on Java or external media players. We are told a release this year will finally be based on pure HTML5 and eliminate the need for Java. The middle ranking that I gave this product in "features" was primarily due to the dated user interface and the lack of a pure HTML5 session player.

Reasons for choosing SecureLink

Better auditing tools of what actually was done during a vendor connection; integration with our current PAM product.

Reasons for switching to SecureLink

Wanted to reduce the staff time needed to support vendor connections while improving overall audit capability and security on such sessions

Response from SecureLink

Don, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with SecureLink and it has met your goals. Currently our HTML5 audit converter is due out later this year to hopefully mitigate this issue. This is our first step in eliminating Java requirements from our product in order to improve general usability. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Ian

Good product in need of a few additional features to turn it into a powerful customer support tool

I like the high level of security that is available with regard to customer credentials. BUt.. it is possible to configure simply as a VPN replacement without holding credentials in the agent - relying on users to use MS remote desktop to access additional servers (for example) within a customer network (thereby requiring users to access customer credentials). Securelink is good, but it is possible to deploy sub-optimally - and miss the point of keeping credentials out of the hands of users.

Pros

It's excellent for providing access to customer systems while keeping their credentials secure

Cons

There are often items of data or notes that need to be made about customer systems that other members of the team need to know when accessing the system. The password for the SQL database, the reboot sequence, the location of backup files - for example(s). This information needs to be at your fingertips when accessing a customer system, kept securely, and easily updated/added-to by colleagues. Holding this additional data in Securelink so that it is readily accessible when accessing a customer system would be really helpful.

Response from SecureLink

Ian, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with SecureLink and it's ability to get you securely connected to your customers. We currently support the open-text notes and pre-connection notes for both Gatekeepers and Customers. This could assist you and other reps by giving you additional contextual information about your customers and their systems. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Lisa

SECURELINK DEPLOYMENT

ONCE SL IS ESTABLISHED, (UNATTENDED SL) IT IS TYPICALLY VERY STABLE AND A USER FRIENDLY PRODUCT THAT IS WELL LIKED.

Pros

IT CAN BE USED ON MULTIPLE SERVERS WHICH IS A PLUS FOR US

Cons

FREQUENTLY, HOSPITAL IT STAFF HAVE DIFF IN SETTING UP SL. IT WILL TAKE MULTIPLE EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS TO BE ABLE TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION THAT MAY BE UTILIZED BY MORE THAN ONE PERSON. THIS IS IN SETTING UP UNATTENDED SL, NOT ATTENDED SL.

SECURITY

Response from SecureLink

Lisa, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the UI/UX when it comes to SecureLink. If possible, I would like to further discuss some of the details around the pain points you are encountering when using our product and how we can improve our connectivity workflow. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Don

Thoughts on Securelink

SecureLink provides our vendors an excellent method of connecting to our infrastructure. Auditing with video is top notch. Support isproactive and wil work with you to resolve even complex/unusual problems

Pros

Learning curve is moderately steep, but once learned integration with the business is very easy. Support is fantastic

Cons

Reporting features are virtually non existant. Basic reports are available but the most important reports (such as a list of when vendors last logged in - important so you can keep costs down) do not exist. Analytics are not available. Also many of the great features are not documented anywhere

Reasons for choosing SecureLink

Industry standard and promotional deal at the time.

Response from SecureLink

Don, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with SecureLink and especially with our support team. We have recently released an improved reporting module for the product. These features include report scheduling,filtering, exporting, as well as several new standard reports available to run. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Stefan

Honest review

Overall, its fairly nice and most of my team members love it the same as me. Ive only had a few issues(every couple of months) here and their but the benefits of securelink vs having to use a customer vpn is worth it.

Pros

I do like that we can search for IPs and hostnames that belong on the customer network incase the external ip connection button does not work

Cons

If multiple customers have their own versions of securelink, I am not a fan of how it will update the new resources etc. The process of this takes a very long time, ive found an alternative recently that you can use the SLmanager and the java version at the same time to avoid this Sometimes as well it does not download the resources

Response from SecureLink

Stefan, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. We are currently working on ways to improve the SecureLink Connection Manager. We hope to continue to improve the SecureLink Connection Manager which should mitigate some of the pain points you are experiencing in the connectivity process. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Nikoel

Convenient

Pros

Having a central location for most connections that I need to make to client's systems on a many times a day basis is very convenient. I trust that it is secure which makes that one less thing to worry about.

Cons

I do not like all of the temp files that have to get created on my machine every time I connect. But that is a simple issue to resolve every couple of weeks or so when I remove all of the temp files. I also wish there was a way to keep a full list of all of my connections and that they wouldn't disappear after non use for a period of time.

Response from SecureLink

Nikoel, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with SecureLink and it has met your goals. We are currently working on ways to improve the workflow of the SecureLink Connection Manager. One of the first things on that list is eliminating the need to have those temp files, which should be available later this year. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

Industry: Biotechnology

Positive esperience with Securelink with minor managment quibbles

I have enjoyed using SecureLink. Avaliability is good and most of the time it enables us to access and manage and troubleshoot isssues with our instruments. This allows us to provide much quicker and accurate response to our customers using our instruments.

Pros

The connections to the remote instrument is much more stable then axeda. Compared to Axeda, it is much easier to setup 'services' for users. Previously we had to train users to setup quite alot of port forwarding on the ssh client.

Cons

1. the web portal does miss registering keystrokes. it is easy to create a type when using the securelink website 2. Certain actions require 2 steps. Say for example, changing parameters for a gatekeeper and also moving a gatekeeper through the website will require first a step to save the changes, and then another step to move the gatekeeper. 3. Ability to create a 'Customer' without a gatekeeper. It is much easier to clone and shift a gatekeeper and assign to the 'Customer' than to start from scratch.

Response from SecureLink

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback and take it into consideration as our product evolves. Looking forward to a continued partnership with your company!

Myra

My Review of SecureLink

My overall experience has been neutral

Pros

I do feel as though the connections are secure and safe

Cons

The process can be a bit confusing and needs to be explained to users, not user friendly in a sense of an end-users just getting in and "figuring it out:"

Response from SecureLink

Myra, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product and appreciate that you feel our product offers security and safety to your process. Thank you for sharing about some of the new end-user experience as we strive to make our products easy to use. There may be some things we can do to provide a more straightforward experience such as collaborating on documentation or workflow consulting with your SecureLink Admin team as well as identify potential development enhancements to address some of the areas. We provide all SecureLink customers with a dedicated customer success manager and a support phone number. This resource is available to you for troubleshooting and resolving user experience issues. Please send me an email at csm@securelink.com so that we can set up some time to go over each of your concerns and resolve them fully.

Ravi Chandra

Secure link is very slow when we need to login to servers every time it will ask for applet download

Pros

As per security wise it is good for customers and customers can track who is working with in the servers

Cons

Performance is not up to the mark whenever we need to login to servers its keep on asking us to download manager applet

Response from SecureLink

Ravi, thanks for your feedback. We love to hear that customers are having a positive experience and rely on candid feedback like yours to improve the customer experience and build a better product. Thanks for your kind words about our product. We want to make sure you are aware that SecureLink has understood the changes in technology for many years, and the movement towards removing NPAPI support (subsequently Java) from browsers. All modern versions of SecureLink default to a connection manager that does not require the installation of system Java. We still retain secondary connection methods for users that cannot install this allowing them to fall back on using JNLP which allows Java based connections without the need for a browser that supports Java. If you would like, please send us an email at cst@securelink.com so that we can set up some time to go over each of your concerns and resolve them fully.

Replied April 2018

Salma

Securelink Usage cons and pros

Overall the experience is good. But only suggestion is to improve the connectivity period.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate to different client domains. There is proper distinguishable links for each clients and very easy process to get access of different client domains as well.

Cons

I have faced connectivity issue with the software many times. Many client domains gets disconnected after few minutes without network interruption. Once the network gets disconnected at least the domain should wait for 20-30 seconds until new internet connection is established.

Response from SecureLink

Salma, thanks for your feedback, we rely on these candid responses to improve customer experience and to build a better product. We are glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with SecureLink and it's ability to get you securely connected to your customers. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with connection stability and consistency. I would be happy to talk further about your issue as well as discuss the situation in which this is typically occurring. Please send us an email at product@securelink.com if you would like to set up some time to go over your feedback about the product.

mike

Industry: Government Relations

ease of use

easy to use and I use it everyday

Pros

easy to install and easy to use. Very Secure and options are nice

Cons

I feel the install on the client side can be easier and more explanatory

Reasons for switching to SecureLink

ease of use and company product that we use

Replied April 2021

Easy to connect and quick to login

I can be honest about not liking SecureLink when i first used it. There were several bugs and the rollouts were okay. Over the years, I have seen a great improvement in performance. I continually see it working well and the issues i used yo see, I haven't seen in 3+ years. Keep up the good work and development.

Pros

Secure Link is great! With the frequency of upgrades anf changes that go on around here. We sre used to many of our tools temporarily being down. I can definitely day the uptime and ease for logging in securely to support our clients is excellent.

Cons

On occasion the software does disconnect, however this is what I would expect with a secure system to protect patient dats. I just wish we had a timer so we could plan appropriately.

Fakhruddin

Good tool for connectivity with few flaws

I can easily connect to the site on which I need to work and it then grants me quick and secure access to work.

Pros

It's secure and easy to use. The My Recent Sessions is beneficial to connect. Once connected the session stability has increased and it's getting better day by day.

Cons

To reach to a site's server, I need to click multiple times on several pages to finally access the server. There should be quick links that should take me to my favorite servers directly.

Response from SecureLink

Fakhruddin, thanks for your feedback. We love to hear that customers are having a positive experience and rely on candid feedback like yours to improve the customer experience and build a better product. In a recent update to SecureLink, we have addressed the need for some users to remember frequently connected hosts and have a 'favorite hosts' setting. If you would like, please send us an email at cst@securelink.com so that we can set up some time for your customer success manager to go over this new functionality with you.

Replied April 2018

Greg

Industry: Government Relations

Customer review

Pros

Flexibility in meeting our needs. The numerous features like auditing, vendor messaging, and even the fact that SecureLink handles all the upgrades! I can focus on administration of the product! We are able to assign multiple vendors to the same application, or (with new upgrade) select specific vendor representatives to access specific applications.

Cons

There are times when vendor reps need assistance. We do like the ability to generate logs and send to SecureLink. There are times though, when we'd like SecureLink to reach out to a vendor rep. This is rare, but we want that option, as we troubleshoot issues.

Travis

SecureLink gets the job done for remote IT service support.

Pros

Ease of use for connecting to remote sites. More and more of our customers have moved away from B2B VPNs for allowing vendors remote access. They asked if SecureLink was an option. We have installed our own SecureLink hardware. It makes the install phase of our projects flow faster because the remote access is completed quickly.

Cons

There seems to be some flexibility from site to site as to what I have to do in order to connect. One site has us enter a domain, username, and password on every connection. Therefore for it is not consistent from site to site as to what I have to do to get connected to the server.

SecureLink