All Fellow Reviews

April 2022

Very good initial impressions

Vanessa

A Game Change for Our Biz

So far it's been wonderful. Tons of time saved, way more effective meetings, and there are plenty of resources provided in multiple mediums to help make onboarding seamless for myself and my team.

Pros

Since implementing Fellow, we've had much more productive, engaging meetings. Because the purpose of each meeting is more clear, my team comes to each meeting prepared and ready to contribute. No more time spent at the beginning of meetings clarifying what the meeting is for. Everyone starts off on the same page and the ideas flow!

Cons

The "My Action Items" is a bit confusing, as it doesn't automatically pull action items with today's due date into the "today" section. All action items start in the inbox and need to be dragged and sorted, which kind of diminishes the point of having due dates.

Dawn

Fellow is the tool that keeps me on track in all areas of my work and personal life

The glue that holds me together. I need this tool to help me succeed. I look forward to discovering more ways I can make use of Fellow in my day to day.

Pros

Ability to take notes on meetings with direct sharing with other meeting attendees. The ability to reference back to what we talked about at our last meeting is great for a review. There is always a lot going on with life and the ability to organize it is so powerful. My absolute favourite area in Fellow is the action items. This is how I get things done. I rely on action items in all aspects of my job as well as personal to-dos. The action items panel is amazing. It allows me to prioritize the order of my action list, this is a huge benefit to help me get the more important things completed first.

Cons

Right now I still have not made the best use of the Home Screen page. It is not an area that I have found as the most powerful addition to my workflow in Fellow. I suspect they will continue to improve in this area though as the feature offering is always expanding

Reasons for switching to Fellow

Expanded functionality More support for employee reporting and one on one meeting Ease of use. Because it's amazing :)

Response from Fellow Insights

Hi Dawn, Thank you so much for all of your support! We totally agree about the homepage and it's something we're looking to tackle in 2021. Thank you again!

July 2022

Keeps all our meeting agendas and tasks in one place

Decent. I work for a company that already uses a lot of other programs, so in some ways it feels like just another thing to log into and manage, but it does what it does pretty well

Pros

Fellow is a useful program for scheduling meetings, writing agendas, and providing a collaborative place for those in the meeting to track what's been discussed and what action items need to be addressed following the meeting.

Cons

We don't have an easy way to integrate this with our other project management tools so it's easy for things to be written up in Fellow and languish there.

Caroline

November 2022

Fellow keeps things straight

Definitely able to keep on top of my to-do's with Fellow. Reccommend for individual users and teams.

Pros

Fellow helps me keep my notes organized and linked to ongoing meetings.Sharing notes helps the team stay on the same page.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a minute to load.Occasional glitches have my notes not save

Laura

Fellow is the Perfect Tool to Help You Stay Organized

Pros

Fellow is an easy to use and helpful tool that every manager should have! I have to juggle a lot between clients and different tasks and it's so helpful that I have access to all my action items and tasks in one place. I do love as well the private notes section and I use it quite frequently during calls. The ability to customize the streams (templates) is also a huge advantage as not all meetings have the same structure. Their integrations and automations make it also very easy to connect with other management tools we use in the company. Using Fellow is a seamless experience. Keep yourself organized without the hustle of managing different Google Docs for different clients. Fellow can make your life so much easier. I truly recommend it!

Cons

They have so many great features so it just takes a minute before you get familiar with them and use to your advantage. But I guess this happens every time we use a new software anyways.

Reasons for switching to Fellow

Fellow just makes it much easier for me to stay on top of my game when running, coordinating, and leading meetings (both internally and with clients). There's no need to open several Google docs when looking for follow-up items or meeting notes, it's all in one place and you can navigate through your different streams. It's simply much better than other tools out there!

Response from Fellow Insights

Thank you so much for your wonderful review - it absolutely made our day! We're so glad that Fellow is making it easier to be at the top of your meeting game, and we're so excited to launch new features this year that will make it even easier.

Replied January 2021

Industry: Medical Devices

There was life before using this?

Outstanding. Email support w/ their training and on-boarding team is exceptional, their chat is robust and the knowledge base articles they supply are great. Again, you can be up and using this software in about 5 minutes if you want.

Pros

Fellow allows you to immediately deploy this software to your team(s) and essentially on the fly change your process and add value. It is intuitive enough to start using the software in about 5 minutes, but deep enough to justify continued use and their upper tier plans. User adoption was fairly quick, and the support we've received has been outstanding.

Cons

There was a couple things that were "missing" at first, but that would be if I designed the software. Over the past 2-3 months, Fellow has rectified most of them with their product roadmap and updates. If this is what they've done in the past 2-3 months I can't wait to see the new stuff.

Reasons for choosing Fellow

Ease of use, support, ability to integrate w/ Slack & Outlook

Response from Fellow Insights

Hey William, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We truly appreciate all of your kind words and your team has been nothing but wonderful to work with. We're excited about what's to come next! Please let me know if you'd like a walkthrough of our latest Slack workflows feature - I think it would be an awesome way to automate some of your record-keeping habits! Have a great day, Sarah

William

A great tool for managing, planning, and running your meetings!

The experience has been great customer support is fantastic and reacts promptly. Fellow has really helped take my 1-1's to another level.

Pros

Fellow is great for allowing to you manage a meeting's agenda, take notes during the meeting, and most importantly keep track of action items. Fellow is a very feature-rich product with a nice slick design. The new desktop app is fantastic.

Cons

There are so many features in Fellow that at first, it can be daunting. The onboarding currently in place is great but could be improved a bit. That being said once you get used to things using fellow is a breeze.

Reasons for switching to Fellow

The company overall was dissatisfied with Reflektive and so far the move to fellow has been a resounding success.

Response from Fellow Insights

William, Thank you so much for your review! Your team has been an absolute dream to work with and we're so happy you're loving the product so far. We'd love to follow up with you and see how we can improve the onboarding experience!

Alexander

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Increased Productivity and Accountability

As an advisor to multiple growth companies through Invest Ottawa, Fellow has significantly increased both the effectiveness and productivity of my interactions. By taking notes of key talking points and action items through the meeting, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I have an immediate record that we can revisit to check off key items in advance of our next meeting. Fellow actually mirrors what I formerly did with my direct reports using Google Docs, but in a more integrated and seamless way.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. Mirrored my former process in Google Docs but in a more integrated and seamless way. I especially appreciate how all meeting attendees receive the meeting notes and action items as soon as the meeting ends, reducing follow-up time and increasing accountability.

Cons

Small con but some of the capabilities are not entirely obvious, could use a bit more clarity from a UX perspective.

Reasons for switching to Fellow

Higher productivity and efficiency for my use case of recording meeting notes and action items.

Response from Fellow Insights

Hey Alexander, Thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to hear that adoption was easy and that it was a smooth transition from Google Docs into Fellow. I'd love to learn more about how we can improve our UX - we're very open to feedback and would love to hear yours. I'll follow up with you directly. Thank you again!

Replied November 2020

hedaia

The perfect application for managing meetings at all stages

It changed our meeting management policy, and gave us the appropriate output of meeting agenda which is prepared and approved by all team members, which makes our meetings always beneficial.

Pros

The Fellow helps remind and prepare for meetings in a unique way, and helps develop a solid plan to manage the meeting to get the desired results. All this is done simply by Fellow, using ready-made templates that are suitable for all types of businesses. You can also involve the rest of the team members in preparing for the meeting with you and providing you with their ideas for inclusion and discussion in the meeting. Many of the great features of Fellow help me every day. The data is easy to understand and helps my team identify their strengths and capabilities, and Fellow troubleshooting is always available. I like that it integrates with Google Calendar and other Google programs.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about Fellow, as the subscription prices are very nominal, and you can also take advantage of the free version, as it integrates with many applications that help you easily import and export data from and to it as well as share it. Fellow developers also provide several tutorials that make it very simple to use.

William

A great product for managers!

Pros

Fellow is a great addition for a remote working environment. With everyone working from home, it's hard to keep track of who was supposed to do what. The ability to prep your meetings in advance with an agenda and follow up with explicit action items, assigned to specific team members, is a necessary function of my job, but there aren't many tools out there that are designed with this specific purpose in mind. Fellow makes it really easy to keep track of all of your outstanding action items, how long they have been open, and in what meeting they originated. As a manager it's easy to manage your direct reports and see action items that belong specifically to them. For my direct reports it's easy to see what your manager is waiting on from you, and it makes preparing for one on ones and performance reviews easy and clear.

Cons

Fellow has been most beneficial when the entire team is actively using it to prep for meetings and assigning action items. This isn't a flaw in the software, but it certainly loses some of its appeal if you can't get buy in from your team and organization.

Response from Fellow Insights

Hi William, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We're so happy that you can see our vision through our product - it made our day! We always love to hear from your team! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to further support the adoption of Fellow at your organization.

Replied November 2020

Erik

Fellow revolutionizes meetings

I use fellow everyday along with my entire team and department. We using it to set agendas and share them for meetings, to make sure we cover each topic, take notes for each meeting and make action items. All of this is shared between all participants in the meeting, which is absolutely amazing.

Pros

Fellow makes it so easy to manage all the administrative aspects of meetings. From taking notes to making takeaways to making and sharing the agenda, Fellow is just a fabulous tool. The Google Calendar integration is amazing ask well.

Cons

The only thing I wish Fellow did was save my default template for when I create new meetings and add fellow to them.

Molsy

Industry: Building Materials

February 2023

enables the team to collaborate by following up on the outputs of the meetings and making updates.

With Fellow, everyone knows what needs to be done, and with the help of tools that enabled us to assign tasks to team members correctly, we were also able to get accurate updates early, and archiving previous meetings helped us easily access them when needed.

Pros

With Fellow, we can manage meetings in every detail, and it's amazing how we can prepare meeting agendas, take minutes of meetings, assign tasks to members instantly, and remind them regularly of agreed-upon deadlines. Fellow puts in our hands many tools that improve the team's ability to accurately understand what is required of them and know the actions required of each member to implement them before the next meeting, and he can also constantly update the status to keep things clearer for everyone. The good news is that Fellow allows managers to closely monitor interactions, giving them the ability to transparently evaluate performance.

Cons

Not a lot of unwanted things, just sometimes I have trouble keeping meeting minutes in the same format when sending them via email, and when syncing with Zoom, it takes up a lot of screen space, which might make me lose focus.

Elizabeth

Meeting Management

We are still figuring out how to best use Fellow, but have decided that we are going to be keeping it and moving forward. It was touch and go for a few weeks.

Pros

I like that all of our meeting information is housed in one location and fairly easy to find and access. I like the different templates that they have to choose from, makes for a quick-start. The customer support is awesome. Very patient and willing to step in as needed. I VERY much like that I can see all my personal to-dos without seeing anyone else's (if I could put them in the correct order it would be PERFECT)

Cons

I don't like that I would NEED customer support, I would like the product to be a bit more intuitive. I would also LOVE to choose the different bullet options. Circles for to-dos, squares for check-ins etc. I want to be able to check something off as done today, but still needing work by someone else in the future. This is the biggest detractor in my opinion. For example, if I add to the agenda that I need to talk with Sue about something that I want her to do in the next week, I would like to be able to check off that I had the conversation, but also deploy the task from that same space.

Reasons for switching to Fellow

Not exactly what we needed.

Scott

Accelerator

Working with Fellow feels like you are working with friends who have a vested interest in your success.

Pros

I have learned that taking notes - tracking action items, and coordinating the accountability of a daily calendar are extremely important in my personal organizational needs. Fellow directly, and effortlessly allows me to integrate all of these elements. I have tried other programs where it seems you need to get a doctorate degree just to learn how to use it - defeating the purpose for me. Fellow is intuitive and sophisticated at the same time.

Cons

There a few simple things like having an illustrated version of my calendar so I can see longer term in the future.

Reasons for choosing Fellow

Simplicity of ues, sophisticated delivery, service, price.

Response from Fellow Insights

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We truly appreciate your kind words and are so excited to continue to work with you! I'd love to know more about the illustrated calendar you mentioned. We recently added a "constant scroll" ability so you can access future meetings by scrolling down in the meetings panel, but I have a feeling this isn't exactly what you meant. If you share with me what you're looking for I'd be more than happy to put in a request! Thank you so much, Your friends at Fellow

Organizational and communication superpower

Fellow's support team is exceptionally diligent - they respond quickly, provide thoughtful workarounds and I've seen some of my suggestions get moved into the product roadmap

Pros

Fellow keeps me organized and it's really easy to manage both my professional and personal action items (as well as see action items holistically and on a per workstream basis). It was the second software tool I activated when I started my new role (GSuite was the first). Fellow keeps me accountable and on top of everything I need to do, and provides visibility across the organization into meetings, outcomes and outstanding accountabilities.

Cons

Fellow is still building out their integrations - I am able to integrate with some of the systems that I use through Zapier, but hope that they build out integrations to other tools that I use over time (ie. an integration with Affinity would be really useful to log meeting notes in both places)

Response from Fellow Insights

Sarah, Thank you so much for your review! We always appreciate your support - thank you for being such a wonderful Fellow advocate! I will absolutely pass on your request to integrate with Affinity. If there are any other integrations you'd like to see, please let us know! Have a great day, (The other) Sarah

Tomas