Browse Kofax Power PDF Reviews

Mahmudul islam from Abdul Monem ltd.

Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy to complete pdf editing work

Opening large size drawing and making report is my daily work. For this I need good editing pdf , which should be fast also. Kofax Power Pdf helps me complete all editing files ( splitting, marging, editing, signature).

Pros

In Kofax Power Pdf, I can easily open all kind of pdf easily, my drawing pdf files usually in big size, open very easily in this application. Editing is also simple, UI interface is very cool. I did not need extra training to use the features perfectly. Splitting files and create files from is very quick to complete. Files marging is very helpful to me complete my reports. Bates numbering can outnumber all competition of pdf editing.

Cons

There is not such problem I faced during my use, but I feel likes ,big drawing files takes little bit time to open. Few weeks earlier on e my software crash. They continuously updating, hopefully they keep doing good work.

Reasons for Switching to Kofax Power PDF

Big pdf files easy to open and edit by this application.

Craig from HMSA

An Excellent and Affordable PDF Tool

I learned about Kofax while on a work project. A team member shared they were unable to easily manipulate PDFs, even though they need to so daily. We switched them over the Kofax and the rest is history: They now have access to an affordable PDF tool that performs the way it should with additional functions. Now I’m a believer and we as a company are looking to make the switch soon!

Pros

I like that Kofax retains the basic functionality you’d expect but at a much more affordable price point. It does what you need it to do, and well.

Cons

The interface took some getting used to, but that’s more the fault of the user and not the software.

Reasons for Switching to Kofax Power PDF

Needed more functions and found a more affordable option in Kofax.

ileen from CTCG

Does not OCR as advertised.

Nothing to report. If it does not work for my intended purpose, it is as if it is a 10# rock around my neck. They need a place to search for specific error messages. This company only offers 30 days of help and then you get to BUY IT.

Pros

Has some more options than Nuance. Like the new feel.

Cons

I have been using Nuance Power PDF for years and am very disappointed in this new company that bought Nuance. This software continues to give and error that it is unable to convert a pdf to an ocr pdf. I have uninstalled , installed, turned off my firewall, allowed execution of the software through my virus protection, etc, etc, etc. to no avail. There were NO search matches for my error within their portal AND or Google. I would stay with the Nuance version. It is more stable and reliable. I am out of options on how to fix this error. BEYOND FRUSTRATING. I have tried to login and get support but there is no immediate assistance and I am forced to wait two days to just get access to another portal for help.

Reasons for Choosing Kofax Power PDF

It is "Supposed" to have the "BEST" OCR engine.

Naunce (now KOFAX)

Imi from NDT

Power PDF Advanced for Windows Not to be confused with Standard

It is a highly recommended package with a price tag that can be affordable or value for money, if you have that to spend. It is sometimes best to have multiple document come together in PDF editor. This package will do a great job from combining file to bates stamping with advanced formatting and page positioning, page numbering with section control.

Pros

It has all the bells of a paid PDF editor package./ However, the impact is with the batch process functions that can be used to perform actions such as multi file optimization and other programmatic activities that applied to multiple document in one folder. I also can say that the OCR functionalities seem to be a bit better than other packages that I have investigated. This is now my main package but...

Cons

I think it is a but pricy. I don't like the companies licensing policy. The process to move licenses from one PC to another is a bit difficult, especially if you don't have the original PC at hand, eg. when your harddisk is destroyed or failed.

Reasons for Choosing Kofax Power PDF

Foxit is a great alternative. However PowerPDF meet requirement to the fullest and provided a batch function that was critical.

Reasons for Switching to Kofax Power PDF

Price and functionalities. You can actually say " I got more for less - much less"

Will from Morrison Law Office

Kofax Power PDF Advanced

I bought a license for this program on Amazon so I would not have to continuously pay a subscription fee.

Pros

Kofax Power PDF Advanced is a very powerful PDF program, it has almost every feature I need for my small business. The Bates Stamp feature is essential to my business, as is the redaction feature. For a fraction of the price, this program works as well or better than Adobe Acrobat.

Cons

There are not really any cons. Once the program is installed and customized, it works very well. My only complaint is a minor one. I would like an option to add a shape such as a rectangle or circle, without having to include a comment with it.

Daniel from PK Office GmbH

So many functions for so little money

As described already, this PDF program brings so much benefits for such a small amout of money. You can also buy a volume license instead, so you can roll it out on your terminal server, that all users can use the power of it.

Pros

First of all and that is a huge one on this >> the price!!! This costs nearly only 30% from an Acrobat Pro Version and has all almost all features you'll need for your business. You got a piece of paper which looks like a fill out form and you like to have this one as a PDF formular >> you will have it by only clicking 1 button. KOFAX Power PDF will analyse the document on it's own and creates a fill out form automatically. You need to convert your PDF into Word, Excel or other formats >> you are ready to go. You can also add "hotfolders" into Power PDF, to optimise your workflows. Power PDF will inform you, when a new document is available in the folders you've set up in Power PDF. This is a really cool feature! Comes with a look-a-like from all "MS-Office" applications, with an intuitive UI.

Cons

For designers or user in the print industry, who need pre-flight functions and color management tools Power PDF is not the right tool. These functions are not included.

Reasons for Choosing Kofax Power PDF

Price and functionality for our business

Matthew from CentreMarc Construction Company

Excellent Adobe Alternative

I was introduced to Power PDF advanced at a previous employer and recommended it for my current employer. I do a lot of document control type work and it is a vital software that makes the job much easier than fighting with free versions which, if they offer functionality, often extremely limit page output daily or more expensive software with the same or slightly more features.

Pros

Software has many powerful features at a fraction of the cost of Adobe

Cons

Some of the features can be a bit difficult to find and buried in a non-intuitive menu (but most common commands are easily accessible)

Price and value

Evan from Allcovered at Konica Minolta

Kofax PDF is an excellent PDF reader/writer

Very well made and stable PDF application that connected with a multitude of DMS systems

Pros

Accurately creates pdf's with proper security level for courts and other attorneys to accept production

Cons

Links with DMS applications require uninstalling and reinstalling inorder to repair

Marcy from Anthem Healthcare through The Judge Group

Nuance PowerPDF Pro Exceptional Product!

I prefer this product to other PDF apps! The UI is super simple and intuitive, with applicable features, tabs, & buttons showing up as you use it, and structured on the screen where it’s easy to access them. Multiple ways to do one thing, the way users work...right click menu, keyboard shortcuts, use the icons on the tabs, drop down menus-relevant to the task you’re performing. Super easy drag and drop to rearrange your pages, rotate, delete as well. Advanced find and find/replace features with options galore to also do other tasks (like blackout to hide confidential words or phrases) all in the search panel. Advanced OCR technology, one of the best I’ve used, to convert text images to editable PDFs! I used stand alone OCR applications before that don’t hold a candle to the results created with Nuance PowerPDF Pro. It also easily integrates with the Firm’s DMS system, to pull documents from or save to the DMS or natively on the PC or network drive. I give it top notch rating for making most functions available from various methods, so users can work the way they prefer (keyboard, right click menu, ribbon tab buttons, and panels that open relevant to what I was doing at the time). The annotation functions work exceptionally well also, although with the version I use, Note and Comment were not consistently named if you used a right click vs the pop up menu when you select text, and it confused the users a bit. Hopefully this has been resolved in the latest version.

Pros

User interface Great OCR Search options

Cons

Note & Comment weren’t consistently named

December 2021

L.P. from LivingProof Publications

Industry: Graphic Design

December 2021

A powerful PDF software

My overall experience with Kofax Power PDF was great and the benefit I have realized with this software is that it is easy to save large files into PDF.

Pros

The product is easy to use and I found a few features that were impactful including the feature to easily convert files into PDF.

Cons

I did not see any aspects of the product that were hard to use and integration of this software into our business process was not difficult.

Sava from MTRC

Powerful PDF tool

Best one for adjusting PDFs

Pros

Great for PDF editing and marking. Not difficult to use

Cons

It could be cheaper. The price prevented me for continuing to use it

Best PDF solution for business

Given the incredibly full set of features in this product, I am amazed that it is priced so low. I think it actually works better with PDF documents than Adobe's Acrobat product. And I love the uncluttered, easy to use interface. Just seems like a perfect choice for any business, but especially worthwhile for small businesses that can't afford the overpriced alternatives.

Pros

Excellent conversion capabilities so moving from PDF to Word is truly effortless. I have also used Adobe Acrobat for converting PDF files, but Acrobat tends to place text into boxes where Power PDF Advanced simply creates workable Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. Does a wonderful job of reducing file sizes. In some cases, I have been able to reduce files sizes by up to 80%, which is great if you are working within an e-mail system that has file size limits. Does an amazing job of inserting accurate bookmarks (automatically) when combining multiple documents. Redaction is effortless and the Bates numbering feature is perfect for law offices.

Cons

I wish the document comparison feature worked a little better. It does create a comparison of documents, but tends to identify a whole paragraph as being replaced when only a sentence may have been added or deleted, so it makes it difficult to accurately represent changes when sharing with clients or colleagues.

Henly from Lee County

Affordability with functionality

Very positive.

Pros

Cost: Significant savings over Acrobat Pro when considered enterprise wide. Functionality: All the bells and whistles of Acrobat Pro including document compression, redaction, compare, etc. We didn't find any functional deficiencies in Nuance Power PDF Advanced. Ease of use: Because of cost savings, we were able to roll this product out to many more users. Most of them were using the product with little or no training. Efficiency gains: since more staff we able to manage their own document maintenance, the bottle neck of fewer people performing document maintenance was removed. Advanced Technology: Some our older systems store PDF documents as OLE that cannot be opened by Acrobat outside of the source application. Nuance was able to ignore the OLE wrapper and present the PDF. If would be nice of Nuance had a batch process to convert these OLE PDFs so we could convert them en mass.

Cons

It wasn't a complete replacement for Adobe. Some applications were specifically looking for Adobe to open PDFs and we could not find a reliable way to redirect the Adobe call to Nuance. In those situations, Adobe reader had to be installed on the desktop. But Nuance could also be installed for document manipulation.

DJ from Legal Resources

Good Acrobat Pro Substitute

Document conversion (both to and from PDF) is so simple with this product. It is highly accurate. Form creation is simple and the Bates numbering is fantastic!

Pros

This product is almost as good as Acrobat Pro for the normal user, but it is not quite as intuitive. Often there is a need in our business to Bates number documents, so that knocked out a lot of the competitors. For frequently used, or hard to find functions, the quick access toolbar is a must. The program integrates well with the MS programs we use. Cost is appropriate.

Cons

Power PDF Advanced crashes more than Adobe Acrobat Pro. Functions are not intuitively placed in the tabs. Help is often a waste of time and should be easier and more simple. Indexer is not as fast as Acrobat.

Reasons for Choosing Kofax Power PDF

Power PDF Advanced was selected because it performed more functions, faster, and for less money. A steeper learning curve was worth the effort. The loss of the help from the Adobe community was definitely a loss when we went with this product.

Pricing

Great PDF Software

Sorting through old equipment files which can sometimes be 300+ files in one while using the document assembly and split features made that process much easier!

Pros

The document assembly feature and split features are very helpful if you are dealing with multiple documents often. The editing features are fairly simple to use and the secured signature features are wonderful.

Cons

I frequently use the "Text Box" option for editing or making notes on PDFs, I really wish there was the option of selecting "no color" for the comment box borders. Sometimes when trying to copy and paste a comment box onto another open PDF, the box randomly pastes vertically and I have not found a way to rotate the box itself which can be frustrating.

Wendy from TIA

Awesome PDF program

Combine Documents, Optimizing the size of the documents, typing notes right on the pdf, removing information from the document, especially happy with being able to convert a pdf into word or excel. HUGE time saver.

Pros

I like everything about this program! The ability to convert a pdf into word, excel, to edit documents, move pages around, remove pages, delete info from the pdf, ability to combine separate PDFs into one PDF

Cons

I can find nothing I don't like about this product.

Michael from Massad Olinde Benefits Consulting

Nuance is a GREAT Alternative to Adobe

Nuance Power PDF Advanced allows me to create, edit and manipulate PDFs, just like Adobe and other competitors, but for a lesser cost.

Pros

Nuance Power PDF Advanced as ALL of the features I need to efficiently and effectively create, manipulate, sign and distribute PDFs

Cons

Sometimes the features I need are buried in the menu -- the "titles" of the features do not always adequately describe its functionality

Dustin from F2OnSite

Industry: Computer Hardware

Blows Adobe out of the water!

The ability to convert documents to and from PDF. The ability to easily make PDF's at a very affordable price. The product is also very easy to operate as some of my end users are not the most technically gifted.

Pros

I have been using this product for a long time and it is easily a far better value than any Adobe product. Making PDF's is a breeze with this thing and it's also very easy to make encrypted documents which I need to make often since there is a lot of patient information involved. The multitudes of options it presents you with when you right click on a document is amazing. It can easily compile, append, or overlay multiple documents into one PDF. It also converts everything to and from PDF and has a great auto-form tool. Best of all this product is compared to Adobe license costs.

Cons

There's really only one gripe I have about this software and that is the blazingly bright purple that makes up the color scheme for this product. They should really add an easy way to choose a different color scheme.

Sean from Quinn Law Group, LLC

Terrible Customer Service

Pros

Long term customer of Nuance (Dragon) and Kofax (Power PDF) due to exceptional functionality and performance.

Cons

Software is fine. The customer service - or should I say lack thereof - is atrocious. My team made the mistake of purchasing two licenses for download (rather than purchasing the discs) during the COVID-19 pandemic while our team was working remotely. The licenses were designed for use on our office PCs and were not downloaded right away due to our team working remotely. Unbeknownst to me, the licenses were only available for download two weeks. After that, the link expires and you cannot download the software. I attempted to go through Kofax for a resolution to no avail. We now have two perpetual licenses that we can’t use and we're out $358. I’ll take my business elsewhere.

Phyliss from CREATIVE PRESSE LLC

Industry: Printing

EXCEPTIONAL! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Very cost effective and user friendly. Love this product and has drastically cut overall business costs.

Pros

I highly recommend Nuance PDF. After using the competitors software for years, I looked for a less expensive alternate that didn't charge monthly software fees. Nuance PDF allows me to create PDFs from various software products such as excel, word, publisher and the like. Easy download and integration with existing business processes. Very user friendly, easy one step PDF creation and has 600 resolution needed for printing professional marketing pieces. Outstanding!!!

Cons

The only feature I miss from the competitor is creating the PDF into a black copy before going to print. However our printers will print black ink only from a color PDF so we don't miss this feature as much as I originally thought we would and with the high 600 resolution, they produce a very professional print.

Reasons for Switching to Kofax Power PDF

Switched to Nuance due to operational costs.

Kathryn from Columbia Bank

Adobe Acrobat Replacement

Pros

The switch from Adobe Acrobat to Nuance took some getting used to, but ultimately I'm able to use all the same functionality for a lower price. I use Nuance daily for splitting, combining, editing, creating editable forms, and more. You're able to highlight, add text, and use stamps or signatures. As far as I can tell it's completely comparable to Acrobat.

Cons

The initial set up and learning where certain functions or buttons were located.

Price

Lindsey from Bricker & Eckler LLP

Nuance is a nuance

It's great, I love it and recommend it to all.

Pros

It's easy - I can make an interactive PDF, make edits, delete/add pages, etc. which the touch of a button. Anyone can do it!

Cons

I don't have a con - it does exactly what it's supposed to do and I don't even realize that it's not Adobe.

Cost and functionality

Brody from Vulcan Fire Systems

Nuance Use

I have been using Nuance for over 3 years now. I have liked there software and have always received great customer service.

Pros

Nuance is very user friendly and simple to navigate for first time users.

Cons

It seems to crash often when working with larger files.

Reasons for Choosing Kofax Power PDF

A previous employee suggested it to me.

Christina from Lewis Longman and Walker

Great for litigation

It has been a great program when preparing for depositions and trial.

Pros

Bates stamping ability, file conversion, file combining.

Cons

I have not found anything that to date that I am not pleased with.

elisabetta from Pfaudler

Industry: Machinery

very helpful during Covid-19

very happy about the inexpensive product. Sometimes more powerful than other tools on the market. I was among the decision making group and I will chose this software again

Pros

Conversion of the PDF file to different type of files and also the Stamp functionality. During Covid the stamp functionality has allowed easy review and signatures processe

Cons

complex/long PDF sometime do not convert properly to the new format requested. Other cases it is a little complicated to select the pages in order to re-organize the sequence, but this is a question of practice.

Reasons for Switching to Kofax Power PDF

changing organization and looking for cheaper but functional solution,easy to maintain.

Jaime from Bombardier Transportation

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Essential Document Control tool

Great all around except for the error messages which are in themselves an error....

Pros

I use this every day because I process documents that are sometimes sensitive and it enables me to insert Headers/Footers along with watermarks with ease. I am sent many files for editing which are in pdf format this tool allows me to quickly and easily convert them to word, excel or powerpoint before saving them back as a pdf

Cons

A lot of the time I get an error message stating the document was unable to be converted and it had failed but in fact it had succeeded which can be an irritation but it's not the end of the world

PDF Editing, Power in your hand!

Before we got this software it was not an easy task to edit pdf, or add few lines in some documents, But with the help of this software we are able to do so. It has helped to edit pdf sheets in order to extract few pages or add many files into one.

Pros

This is a paid software which works most similar to adobe reader pro, But has a little less feature. It is one of the best pdf editing software with respect to cost and features.

Cons

The application says it can convert any pdf to word or excel or many format but it doesn't work efficiently. Some times pdf to word conversion result in a full size image on word.

Reasons for Choosing Kofax Power PDF

Other soft wares were costlier and this one was cheaper and it does the job, Not a 100% accurate but 85% of the time full fills the requirements.

Taylor from Lockton

Great PDF Viewer

We use this to convert statements into excel files or word documents, document important data on statements, and compile documents for audits and archiving. I don't use all of the many functions of this product, but I do use it on a daily basis and it's made my workflow much more streamlined.

Pros

This is great for viewing the many PDF statements I get each day and compiling PDF reports. I use this program daily and appreciate being able to copy text from documents, highlight data, and record notes for myself and for future viewers.

Cons

The only issue I've run into is that it will occasionally freeze up and need to be restarted following a large document input or large document conversion. This happens rarely, maybe every couple days, but really hasn't impacted my workflow any.

Alise from BMR

Nuance Power PDF good for office use

Nuance makes creating forms with active form fields so easy. I would definitely recommend this software for everyday office use.

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to create form fields with the click of a button. I use this feature daily. I also love being able to drag and drop and page(s) into file folders or other files. It is a super easy software to utilize.

Cons

My only complaint about this software is that it is slow compared to Adobe and BlueBeam, especially for printing. It does open large files, like construction drawings, as quickly either.

Lindsey from Bricker & Eckler LLP

I love Nuance!

I have never interacted with the Nuance staff.

Pros

I think it is really easy to use. I had only ever used Adobe Acrobat for my PDF needs in the past, so when I started at my current job I had to learn how to use Nuance really quickly. It took me no time at all!

Cons

If it does take me time to figure something out, it's only because it is a different software then the one I was taught to use in school (Adobe Acrobat). I've had to Google a few things, but after I learn it once I have no problems with it!

Response from Nuance

Replied November 2018

Hi Lindsey - thanks for the review! We have recently posted a set of videos to help you transition from Acrobat to Power PDF on our YouTube channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKz6kLaiM7-JACIY_WWdyfRQ9d6Alke59 I hope that makes Power PDF even easier for you!

Enterprise Level All-In-One PDF

Our office was moving to go paperless and the use of Nuance has accelerated the change for admin workers.

Pros

Overall this program provides the necessary features for our legal team to create, edit, and manage PDFs. Features include - creating PDFs, in-line editing, converting, combining, and a sleek "office" style ribbon. Some great new features for Advanced 3 include - real-time collaboration and tabbed viewing.

Cons

OCR features are not as strong as Adobe Acrobat and some minor set back in the conversion of documents.

September 2016

Jason from Kudosa (Pty) Ltd

September 2016

Unbelievable Product Best PDF Reader Ever

I always used the common and publish PDF tool, Adobe, but I found their product slow and very expensive. Nuance PDF Pro change my "work life" the ease of use and the ability to convert and build documents, not just PDF, was a turning point. I have been in IT for 22 years and started using this product for 3 years ago - i wont change and highly recommend this product. Well Done Nuance !!

Pros

1. Ease of use and Price 2. Load balancing on my Laptop and updates 3. Nuance hit the mark perfectly for Business and individual use

Cons

I would like to be a re-seller, to offer this to my end-users

Suri from Echo Global Logistics

Nuance Review

Our work requires us to obtain documents in multiple formats, document the purpose on the face of these documents, annotate significant part of these, combine files for use within our workpapers and present a single file for end review. The most convenient way to perform this is to convert the documents to PDF, annotate and join. Nuance fits this need perfectly. It is an easy to use product that is intuitive and makes our daily slog that much easier. Highly recommend!

Pros

I use Nuance on a daily basis and the ease of use of this product is amazing. Ability to create PDF's, combine, annotate and all of this, in an intuitive fashion makes this product super efficient.

Cons

Lack of a mobile platform to open and edit PDF's on the go.

Allison from H&H LLP

better than adobe pro

super easy and better than the competing product.

Pros

this has easy bates stamping/ complete redaction/ meta data scrubbing

Cons

Nuance has been sold to Kofax - Nuance was easy to reload if you somehow uninstalled - easy right? Kofax makes you purchase some strange re-download insurance thing I didn't understand. It sounds like they want to jerk you around if you have trouble reinstalling your product

Reasons for Choosing Kofax Power PDF

price and reviews were great

needed something cheaper

Better than Acrobat

We made the switch from Acrobat a few years back and are very pleased with it. So far we haven't run into any issues of it not doing everything Acrobat could do.

Pros

Price - Cheaper than Acrobat Functionality - Has just as many features as Acrobat Ease of use - I would put this about on par with Acrobat

Cons

Installing it on a new PC can be a bit difficult. May have to call in for license issues but their support on that isn't too bad and can get you situated the same day.

Robin from O2B Global Travel

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good product!

Over all a good product. I have used for many years and the price point is great!

Pros

I like being able to change a word document to a pdf file so I can email to my customers with ease. I can even put security on them so they cannot alter my documents without a password.

Cons

Everytime I have to erase my computer you have to remove the software or you can't use. You have to call customer service to unlock to reload to computer.

Powerful PDF Reader and Editer

Pros

This software gives us all the tools needed to work with PDFs (e.g. rearrange pages, add/edit text and graphics, redact content, etc.). It also integrates very well with our firm's document management system.

Cons

The software can sometimes be a bit slow and clunky, but that probably has more to do with our internal network than the software itself. In general, the software works very well.

Nuance is great

Pros

The functionality is all that you could ask for. While it can take a little effort to understand the navigation of the software, it provides customization to have your common functions available at your finger tips.

Cons

The start up time is kind of slow. I've found that it's best to keep a file open to allow for quick access to other files throughout the day however.

Has been a great tool for forms and converting to word documents.

Pros

the IE addins has been helpful in reducing printing out screen shot or printing from a website and it's hooked in with our DMS so it's very easy to save documents so no printing needed. Saving lots of paper.

Cons

A few times the print to PDF option has stop working so a new install has fix this issue. The archiving email to PDF is sometimes slow or will crash if it's over a thousand emails at once.

Linda from Paramount Machine Company, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Best PDF Software I have used

It has been instrumental in transitioning to paperless for all of our incoming purchase orders. The software allows us to create our own stamp, add notes, securely sign and block out sensitive information along with many other great features.

Pros

The ability to sign your documents along with being able to make changes to the existing document information.

Cons

We have not come across any cons with this software

Daniel from City of North Battleford

Fantastic PDF software with Great features.

This software gave me a affordable alternative to some of the bigger brands with all the same features.

Pros

Stable software that works every time and integrates well with other software. Competitive pricing. Easy to use and understand licensing model. Great support.

Cons

The PDF "Printer" seems to change the scale of prints when used for engineering drawings resulting in reprints not being accurate.

Betsy from Rice Insurance

Deployed 1.0 to select users in my company, fills the bill and good value

Bringing more people the ability to edit pdf's at a reasonable price. I decided to have a team use this software for editing so they all could share techniques and tips.

Pros

The price and features for this software is what attracted me to it in the first place, and yet my users have told me they really like having it available for pdf editing.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve. I have found it helpful to have a power user in the office that helps people get started with the software. Another con; they don't give free version upgrades, guess that was why it costs less!

Carolyn from Las Terrazas Resort

Big help in editing PDFs

Ease of use, combining several documents, being able to edit documents or convert them into word is a great help

Pros

The ability to edit PDF documents, the ability to combine several documents, the ability to create a signature stamp.

Cons

Price - have had to purchase it 3 times in the past 5 years due to changing computers. The extended download is just not long enough

Allison from Omnova Solutions, Inc.

Industry: Chemicals

Crashes

It works most of the time for what I need

Pros

Opens PDFs OCR is available Can edit PDF

Cons

Editing is a bit choppy. It is not intuitive which toolbar function contains what editing functionality. I find I am often switching back and forth between editable text and non just to move items around and add text. Software crashes regularly when opening PDFs from Internet Explorer.

Company approved software

Jeff from Berkley Tech Svcs

Very Good product at a great price.

Lower cost replacement for nearly anything that Adobe PDF can/will do. Users pickup using it pretty quickly, which is good for me.

Pros

This product has nearly all the same features as higher priced competitors but at a more reasonable cost. Even users without much experience will be able to figure out most functions as a lot of the basic daily functions are one-click.

Cons

On rare occasion we run into issues with some advanced documents made in Adobe not working, or working but not correctly. There is no helping this, but it could be a con if your converting from heavy Adobe brand to another PDF product. Currently no mobile app version may be a con for some as well.

Marco from Ompi North America - Stevanato Group

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good overall solution for e document management and PDF editing

Pros

Pros: - Intuitive word-processor-like user interface - advanced editing functions - convenient for e-signature templates - pretty fast start up, and lightweight

Cons

No significant flawless detected, generally easy implementation in any Window OS version.

A good alternative to Adobe

Being able to view and edit PDF documents; this is something that it has taken me a while to find a good software alternative to Adobe. The product isn't perfect but it is very functional.

Pros

Power PDF Advanced is useful software that i now use for all my PC-based PDF needs. With it I can easily view PDFs and edit them as well. I comes with a good range of features, and I think you'll be surprised by the wide range of things that it can do.

Cons

Unfortunately, there is something in the design language of this software that just leaves me feeling confused. Even though I can usually do all the things I need to do in this product, it can sometimes take a while to work out how.

Good software at a low price

Pros

great prive to value ratio. can do everything what acrobat can do and the price tag is much more friendly. the design is also more apealing to me. it's also faster.

Cons

had once a issue where merged pdfs were somewhat corrupted (could not open the file afterwards).

Jessica from Towerstone

Avid user

Same as the other products out there and cheaper then most

Pros

I have used this software after adobe and they are the same and I believe this one is cheaper then Adobe.

Cons

it was hard to do simple things like rotating but once you figure it out it isn't that difficult, recommend.

Christian from Data Wiring Solutions Inc.

Nuance Power PDF Standard

A real ease of use.

Pros

I love the Edit , View and Comment tabs. The Text box, highlight, typewriter, draw tools and many other features make it so easy to create "as built" drawings on our PDF floor plans.

Cons

I haven't really found any cons to this software yet!