What are Gantter users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Gantter software through verified user reviews

• icon"This it's very easy to customize and order the team target."
  • icon"I especially like how it integrates with Goggle Docs for multi-user functionality. The you-tube tutorials are outstanding and worth checking out."
  • icon"For a pretty inexpensive software, there are many features that can enable you to develop a thoughtful and successful schedule. I like that you can display task names on the gantt chart view."
  • icon"Portafolio and program management is a weakness."
  • icon"I struggled with heaps of unnecessary mouse clicks required to perform some operations (or at least unintuitive alternatives that I never discovered)."
  • icon"They refer you to watch user guide videos that are no specific to your question."

Browse all Gantter Reviews

• Have you used Gantter and would like to share your experience with others?

Nicole

Excellent tool for Project Management!

Pros

I was first exposed to this software in a Project Management course I took in college years ago. I loved how Gantter looks and feels just like Google, which made it so easy for me to learn how to use and store all of my files. It also imports Microsoft Project files which is a HUGE benefit for me. I became so well acquainted with the software that I decided to purchase my own subscription of Gantter when I began my career. Not to mention its low cost for a month is very affordable in comparison to similar software I looked into. Today, as a supervisor in the Hospitality Industry I use Gantter for all of my project management needs. I have introduced the software to co-workers who later adopted Gantter as well

Cons

I wish that there was a mobile edition available at this time, but I have been told that this will be released later in the year. That would be really cool if that's the case

Max

One of the easiest ways to make a Gantt Chart in GSuite

This used to be the only way to make a gantt chart on Gsuite besides using Google Sheets manually. I used to use this all the time for projects and share out when this was free. Not that it costs money per user, our company went back to using Google Sheets manually or Gantt Project. The Web UI is great and you can share and export in many different ways or as a webpage which is really helpful.

Pros

This software used to be fully free. There are a lot of integrations and the UI looks clean and easy to get going. The webpage sharing feature is great as is the other export methods.

Cons

Now that this costs money, I am less inclined to use it. Also, sometimes the dependencies and moving things around takes a while to get used to, but that is Gantters in general.

Reasons for switching to Gantter

Gantter used to be free and was much easier to use than manually making a Gantt chart on Google Sheets. We switched to Gantter until they started charging.

Time used: Free Trial

Major usability problems

Learned more about the alternatives in project management software.

Pros

Has all the needed features in an easy-to-understand configuration. Gantt chart, resource tracking, task lists all straightforward and as you'd expect coming from any kind of traditional project management software.

Cons

Major user interface and usability issues, poor support. I struggled with heaps of unnecessary mouse clicks required to perform some operations (or at least unintuitive alternatives that I never discovered). Most grating was that scrolling was completely messed up (on my Mac OSX 10.10.5 with either Chrome or Safari). Scrolling in the main display jittered up and down at random, and trying to scroll back and forth on the Gantt timeline also caused vertical scrolling in the tasks---completely unusable. Trying to find support for these issues also led down infinite rabbit holes of trying to submit a ticket and being told I have no tickets.

Patrick

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good value for low price

Pros

For a pretty inexpensive software, there are many features that can enable you to develop a thoughtful and successful schedule. I like that you can display task names on the gantt chart view. Additionally, the software operates quickly, like a google sheet, other softwares take a few seconds to comprehend inputs which can slow down productivity.

Cons

The customer support needs some work, there is no chat feature and when you submit a request ticket, the support does not directly answer your question, to my knowledge there is no way to call for support. They refer you to watch user guide videos that are no specific to your question.

Reasons for switching to Gantter

The price of BT vs Gantter was a big driver for making the switch.

Response from Gantter

If you ever need help learning how to use gantter, we offer One on One training with our support team specialist. You can set this up by emailing us at info@gantter.com. There will be a chat in the project view with our next update.

Melanie

Gantter works great for teaching project management!

In teaching project management at a University, it is difficult to find a product that all students can use easily and freely to allow learning to happen successfully. Gantter provides all the benefits of the more expensive project management suites with much easier use for everyone.

Pros

It is platform independent and all in the cloud. It is very collaborative and allows quick understanding of managing a project.

Cons

Occasionally people have issues installing the first time into their google accounts.

Reasons for choosing Gantter

Gantter is less expensive, easier to use, and all in the cloud to allow fast setup/startup.

Works Great for my Students

I learned about Gantter from my students as they were working on their Senior Capstone project here at George Mason University. As there is an initiative to promote enterprise level tools and best practices to our students, I have found that Gantter is a perfect balance between ease of use and robust features and gives my students a taste of what to expect in the real world.

Pros

Cloud based, removes the need to manage software on different platforms and OS's. Integration with MS Project, which helps with student efficiency. As the instructor, I am able to monitor the class progress without interfering with their work. Integration of Risk Management is huge, as it is always challenging to convey the importance of proper risk awareness in an academic setting. Integration with Google is also helpful as it is common that students are already set up to collaborate with their tools.

Cons

There are always challenges when using a web based tool, but Gantter does an admirable job covering the shortcomings of browser based software.

Mary

Gantter for use in VCE Software Development

When we (students and myself) have contacted Gantter Customer service, they have been quick to respond and accommodate. But sometimes the request hasn't followed through and by the time my students visit Gantter again to update their SAT criterion, they've lost access.

Pros

The software is accessible anytime, any place. My past students have stated how easy it is to use and they like it because they use Google Chrome already and like that it is just a Google Add-On. I like it also for it's ease of use and taught as a teaching tool.

Cons

That you only get a limited free subscription. Last year my Y12 students used it and requested an extension but it was not given, so had to re-do their SAT using another project management tool which took time out of their already limited timeframe.

Trudy

We use this app in our digital media project management courses and to help plan senior projects.

Helps me teach students how to plan and schedule projects.

Pros

- Good way to give students experience using Gantt charts for planning - Easy to learn to use - Integration with Google Drive - Adequate functionality for small to mid-sized project

Cons

- Assigning multiple resources to tasks is awkward when effort-driven processing is enabled - Needs better scaling options for chart when creating reports

Aaron

Regular user. I have managed in excess of 30 projects using Gantter.

The ease of use has made it a more accessible project management tool. Because staff can learn to use the tool so easily they have n=been more acceptable to using it than MSP.

Pros

Free tool that integrates fully with Google Drive, which makes sharing easy. Easy to learn and use - much easier than MSP and other project tools.

Cons

Printing is poor - to print large projects I have to export to MSP and then print. There is no auto resource levelling which is a weakness if you are managing multiple projects that share the same resources.

Harold

The visual work

Pros

This it's very easy to customize and order the team target

Cons

not is compatible with other software about organizations

Would be the perfect PM tool if not for the price...

Gantter is probably the best MS Project alternative available today and if they make the right changes and improvements, it could be the MS Project killer.

Pros

The two best things about Gantter is that it imports MS Project files correctly and that it looks/feels like a native Google App

Cons

The pricing is excessively high compared to its competitors. It lacks a native app for desktop and mobile.

Reasons for choosing Gantter

Working on a mac. Cheaper.

Reasons for switching to Gantter

The ability to work with .msp files

Response from Gantter

Thank you for the great review! Keep an eye out for the next release where we will be using mobile for gantter.

ROSS

Gantter as a classroom based support tool

This tool makes teaching more relevant and provides a more enjoyable experience for the students as they can be more interactive than merely reading a book or watching a video. By being involved they gain a far greater understanding of the product and the importance of it.

Pros

An excellent tool that is simplistic to use and very well received by students as simplifies a complex subject and brings it to life in a way the students can better relate to

Cons

Nothing in particular. Lack of knowledge of intricacies of the product presents some challenges but there is support and students are very intuitive and overcome obstacles

Reasons for choosing Gantter

Best product I could find to meet my needs as a lecturer and those of my students

I use this program for my classroom activities.

Accessibility. Flexibility. Freedom to use it and skip bureaucracy at state university. I know that there is always a good program that I can relay to. No installation needed. I can open it at any time and any device.

Pros

Easy to access in the classroom. The students can develop a project in the classroom and later they can work on the projects from home. This is needed a lot since other programs are not flexible.

Cons

It can be sometimes bit slow to open all the projects in same classroom in Macedonia. We liked the free version.

One of the Best software

Free tool that integrates fully with Google Drive, which makes sharing easy.

Pros

This is Web based Software. It is support Windows and Mac also. We can use this software in more than 15 languages. This is best software for Small business as well as big company.

Cons

It can be sometimes bit slow to open all the projects in same time. Printing is poor - to print large projects I have to export to MSP and then print.

Rosemary

Gantter App: this is a feature rich product with much scope for customisation.

Pros

This software has capabilities that make it an industry standard - it is an opportunity to built marketable skills in our students before they leave school. It is also instrumental in managing their time.

Cons

The process of adding students to a subscription is cumbersome as only one student can be added at a time. I would like the facility to upload a CSV file of emails directly from our welfare system.

Gantter - Great for training and ease of use

I use it as a tool when training people in project management. It is excellent software

Pros

I train people in project management at the KZN Business Training Centre in South Africa. I use Gantter in the training for people to capture their projects. I encourage them to continue to use the paid version in their organisations, which probably leads to more uptake of the product. Gantter is easy for learners to grasp in the limited duration of the course, and they love it! It is great for me as the facilitator as they experience great learning and are able to get hands on, and see meaningful results

Cons

Nothing I don't like - it serves our purposes perfectly

Jay

Excellent product for gantt charting. Enables me to see my project and its progress at a glance.

If you're not familiar with gantt charts, it can be difficult to pick up, but this is not a shortcoming of the product.

Pros

This free online tool is invaluable. I especially like how it integrates with Goggle Docs for multi-user functionality. The you-tube tutorials are outstanding and worth checking out.

Cons

Sometimes, when I return to update, my settings from the last time I entered data are not the same. This MAY be an issue with Google Docs integration.

Jan

Very simple for gant planing

Pros

Simpla nad free software for Gant charts. It also gives the ability to locate resources to tasks.

Cons

The software functionality is limited compared to Microsoft Project. However this tool is free and online.

Leticia

It is a friendly and wonderful project management tools

A web tool that helps to improve my project management classes. Students loves the tool.

Pros

I teach project management classes, and It helps to may students to make knowledge tangible and apply what they learn in a real project. The response of the forum is quickly and great

Cons

The tool now has a cost. It could improve some functionalities like cost management, reports, and others, but I am conscious that the are always working in things that people ask to improve.

Susan Sunita

At our Marketing Agency, we use Gantter to manage internal project plans & work for our clients!

Pros

- The 'Suggest & Assist' feature has helps me create detailed project plans by prompting tasks, risks and resources as I'm typing my task! It gives me the confidence that I haven't overlooked something. - With thousands of community-contributed templates to choose from, I haven't had to start from scratch with any of my project plans! It's saved me so much time. - The Community Forum is full of tips & tricks, and help from peers around the world! I haven't needed to submit a ticket yet, since I always find my answers in the forum. - Everyone on our team uses Google Apps, which made Gantter very familiar and easy to use for us!

Cons

Printing your file can be a little difficult if your plan has a detailed Gantt chart. But there are ways it can be done!

Fernando

Easy to use work

I'm working on school project and is easy to do the follow up

Pros

It's really easy to start a new project Adding activities is easy and you can view all the activities really quickly

Cons

I found it very easy to use, I didn't found any issue so far

Leticia

Excelent project management tool

Excellent

Pros

It´s on the cloud and very similar with Ms. Project Integrated with Google Docs

Cons

Portafolio and program management is a weakness

Jacob

Customer Service is HORRIBLE

This company charged me for an entire year plan after I was inactive for almost 11 months the previous year. This place is a scam, no customer service dept. to call and discuss. They sent me a copy and past policy from their user agreement when I followed up. I highly encourage everyone to use "project libre" it is a free program and you wont be supporting this company. Think twice before using this program.

Pros

The program itself is not bad but there is no way to communicate with this company.

Cons

This company is essentially like working with AI, there is no way to discuss any issues you might have.

Response from Gantter

I am sorry you feel this way. Support can be found at info@gantter.com where you will answer your email within 24hrs. Your subscription is always auto-renewed unless it is canceled before the renewal day. For your refund request, please refer to the Refund Terms found in our Terms of Service.

Brian

I have evaluated this product for use in my Year 9 - 12 Digital Technologies,Programming classes

Google Apps and Drive support Project management intro for students Allows them to break down tasks in a useful and fiunctional manner

Pros

It is linked to Google drive where my student can easily access their charts and manage their projects

Cons

None at the moment but a full scale trial will be done in the second half of this year with all my classes trialling this for their projects

Mike

High Quality Inexpensive Project Tool

I'm a consultant who uses Gantter for my client projects and have now have clients using it.

Pros

1) Work Breakdown process is easy and mimics other popular tools. 2) Task Types - handles fixed duration, units or work. 3) Resources - Easy to assign and customize the calendars of resources. 4) Constrains - Effectively handles constraints. 5) Critical Path - Highlights critical path. 6) Gantt Chart - Easily cusomizable. 7) Easy to learn and teach others 8) Price - This is the best part, it's too cheap to turn down!

Cons

Reporting is not extensive. Can't filter tasks.

Gantter