• Pros

• "I love the features that HoneyBook offers! It’s expedited so many processes with my business and they all elevate the standard to which my business runs! "

• "We loved how this software streamlined our business by creating automated processes to give us more time to work on our actual work. It made us 10x more profitable! "

• "HoneyBook is professional looking, easy to use, easy to set up, allows automation, and the customer service is great."

• Cons

• "The only thing I have on my wishlist is more customization for email capture forms. But it certainly is something I’m able to workaround with ease, and not a big concern."

• "There are small issues with email deliverability (i.e. ending up in spam) but there are workarounds to get that fixed!"

• "Contracts and payments could be a little bit smoother but these are minor complaints for how helpful HoneyBook is"

Browse HoneyBook Live Chat Reviews

Christina from Scalera IP Law LLC

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied September 2019

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

Shelbye from The Candid Camper

The easiest way to get paid fast!

My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that its given our business in the past two years!

Pros

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time. 2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know! 3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. Id get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess. 4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each clients industry!

Cons

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing. 2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

Abigail from Abigail Gowin

HoneyBook is amazing!

Its been great!! Any time Ive had an issue its been resolved quickly. I do find that asking a question in the group & getting a personal email is rather annoying. I specifically ask in Facebook for a reason - so when I get an email I usually dont see it right away whereas Im looking for a notification or other users experiences.

Pros

User friendly for both myself and my clients, ease of set up (love that they do most of the upload work & its easily changeable!), the community its created, & the opportunities section.

Cons

1. I wish there was more internal automation, like the workflow applied just sent out the emails and not prompted me to act. 2. While linked with Calendly, its not linked in the correct way. I wish when someone signed up for a slot in Calendly, it could generate an automatic proposal that I could look over before sending, or sent automatically. When adding my Calendly link to a honeybook email, the link always fails. I dont use Calendly enough to have this be a major issue, just a nuisance. 3. More flexibility in personal branding & branding the contact form. I dont currently use the form on my site because of this.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Thank you for being a member Abigail! I know you will be excited about some upcoming functionality we'll be releasing in early 2020! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the product team.

Paige from Paige Eden Photography, Inc.

Not User Friendly - Difficult Learning Curve

Pros

Keeps contracts in one place, able to accept credit cards. You can network with other vendors, and they seem to really concentrate more on this than actually developing software that works well.

Cons

I am a "founding" Honeybook user and bought the lifetime membership. At first, HB was very convenient. The learning curve was very frustrating as the online software had many MANY bugs. It still does. The entire premise behind the software was to free up your time, have all your projects in one place, sign contract, get paid, etc. Yes, great idea! However, the software has so many glitches! You're not able to even edit a person in your contacts. Their customer support team used to be great you could actually message a real person - now you have to wait a day or two to get an email answer and most of the time they just send you a link to deal with your problem. Once you email your client the contract, everything goes down the Honeybook "rabbit hole". My clients are tech savvy and they can't even figure out Honeybook - the emails that I've received from frustrated clients is numerous. Save your time and money and get another online software that will actually do the job - like Sprout Studio or Dubsado. Wish I would have done that from the beginning. Regretting my purchase since my lifetime "membership" isn't transferrable and Honeybook continues to make money off of me by accepting credit card payments. I looked at 17hats, which also didn't have great reviews before I purchased Honeybook. Moving on, however, I'm assuming that the process will not be easy transferring existing contracts and other office files.

Cori from RattTrap Artistry

Industry: Photography

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

Jennie from Record Entertainment DJ & Photobooth Service

Honeybook Is Amazing!

I no longer have to keep paper copies of contracts or invoices. Honeybook reminds me of who needs to pay, who has paid, who I have to follow up with. I can save email templates which saves me so much time. Overall, I can do business more effectively in less time! That's huge for me.

Pros

That everything is at my fingertips no matter where I am. I also like that I can track a clients contract, contact info, entire email exchange, invoicing at once. I like the reports and data that I can access easily. I like the ease of seeing the pipeline and where I'm at with my bookings. I like the daily reminders to follow up on my clients.

Cons

I would like the ability to look up a clients files by date - the calendar only shows bookings that have a retainer paid. I'd like to search by date and find prospectives. I'd like to search by category - for instance school dances versus weddings versus company parties. And, I'd like to see reports of how many of each type of gig we do each year.

Alanna from Alanna Winkelman Photography

I will never switch!

Ive had a great experience with HoneyBook! Their customer service is over the top, and theyre constantly improving the program. They always respond quickly to emails, and they are professional and kind. Believe it or not, they actually asked for my opinion on how to improve their product, and they continued to ask for details once I explained what Id like to see. Show me another company who truly cares what their customers want! Plus, theyve been honest from the beginning, and I remember when I first started with their product that someone called me and walked me through using it until I was comfortable with it. Back when they first started and it was still an option, I purchased a lifetime access to this product, and Im 100% thankful I did!! It was worth it all the way.

Pros

HoneyBook helps streamline my work flow between myself and clients. I have never had a single complaint from a client about anything Ive sent to them from HoneyBook, whether it be an invoice, a booklet, or photos of my product examples. I am able to keep track of when Im at in a project with each client, and I love that I can easily see my income from any year/date!

Cons

I want two things from HoneyBook that are not included yet (but I have a strong feeling theyll improve on these in the future). I would love to see a way to easily click on previously received payments and find the sum total of whichever items I clicked on. I realize this isnt Excel, but that one simple thing of automatically adding incomes together when selected would go a long way in my opinion. The second thing I would love to see added is the capability for me to add a rewards program within the invoice section for my returning customers (after spending X amount of money, you get X amount off of your next purchase).

Anna from Makeup By Anna Grimes

I couldnt run my business without it

Ive never had any issues. I tell all of my wedding vendors friends about how much I love it! Ive had one sign up through my code so far and I made $200!

Pros

I love the pre made templates, it makes answering emails and creating files for my clients extremely easy and cuts my time down. Before using HoneyBook, I was going crazy managing all my weddings and searching for certain correspondence from a certain bride, I was sometimes mixing up dates and losing certain files all together. I love being able to pull up my brides file and having all of our correspondence in one place, along with all of my files for them.

Cons

I wish there were more options for the pre made templates, that we can title and choose from. For now, I can only make the one follow up email. There are others that I would like to make. Also, I wish I could change the body of the email and it would save it to how I would like to word it. For now, I have to change some wording around every time I send out files to my potential clients. I also really would like to be able to make a timeline through HoneyBook. For now I have to create it in another space and email it separately to my client. It would be nice to have it all under the same file, especially with handling so many brides and weddings.

Meredith from Blue Fancy Events

Honeybook - a game changer for my company

Honeybook is the perfect CRM for our company! It's so easy to use, and it has truly changed the way my company streamlines the booking and communication process. I would never switch to a different CRM.

Pros

I love the ability to use Honeybook in place of standard email. It makes the process of searching for specifics discussions significantly easier. I also really love the proposal templates, ease of invoicing, and the ability for my proposals to double as contracts. I LOVE the app!

Cons

I wasn't able to easily use connect to Quickbooks online.

Carlos from Miami Photo inc.

Industry: Photography

A must for busy event people

Customer service is great, they get back to asap and help you with anything.

Pros

Automating my payments and collecting for me. Using the app i don't have to be in front of a computer to check on customers contracts.

Cons

no scheduling within the software in which I heard they were working on this. The ability to add someone that works for you and not see contract just logistics.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Happy to hear you are enjoying the HB app Carlos! Please keep an ear out shortly for more news on exciting up coming features!

Penny from Penelope L'amore Photography

Best choice I made for my business yet

Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

Pros

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

Cons

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

Flossie from Flossie ORiley Photography

Level up

Its saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and Id like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Kristin from Sound Wave Events

HoneyBook Changed our Business!

HoneyBook has mastered the CRM for the event industry (and useful for many other industries)! We searched far and wide for a platform that would manage our client communication and task management and HoneyBook has that on lock down. We have been impressed with their constant improvement and development and their customer service team is A+!

Pros

Task automation Easy to use invoice management with built in payment link Modern and easy to read brochures and proposals Contract integration with E signature capabilities Easy to use platform Manages all client communication with Gmail integration Unbeatable customer service AFFORDABLE

Cons

Difficult for clients to find current versions of proposals when looking for it from emails Some shortcomings when working with teams (sharing proposals / contracts / invoices)

Response from HoneyBook

Replied September 2019

It is fantastic to hear that HB is working so well for your business, Kristin! Our Concierge Team is world class and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Thank you for being a HB member!

Marian from Ashley McCaskill Creative

Industry: Graphic Design

I couldn't live without HoneyBook

I use Honeybook to communicate with my clients from day1, I use it to send proposals, service brochures, drafts of projects, invoices. I use it as my overall project management system to make sure I'm on top of everything and I use it manage my expenses.

Pros

HoneyBook saves me mountains of time by organizing all of my projects in one place, and allowing me to to track every detail of each project in an organized and easy way. This was the only system I could find that would allow me to communicate with clients, send proposals, attachments, contracts (that can be signed!), collect payments, track tasks and project phases, and manage all of my expenses in the same place. It's so intuitive and the HoneyBook team is incredibly available and helpful.

Cons

The ONLY things I dislike about the software are very minor. I wish that I could customize the project phases more, I wish that I had a live stop/start time tracking feature, I wish that I could customize the wording of my payment reminders, I wish that I could send an invoice from a proposal without duplicating the payment in the project (clients ask for that for their records), and I wish there was an iPad app.

David from Foxal LLC

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

I wish I had this two years ago!

Before using HoneyBook, I had so much trouble trying to keep track of multiple projects that were at different points in our process. That, mixed with the issue of trying to go back and forth scheduling with clients, plus the back and forth of getting contracts signed and chasing payments was a nightmare. Now, I finally have a system that keeps that all in one place, and allows me to give a streamlined, seamless experience for my clients. Honestly, it's helped me feel more confident about the rates we charge for the services we offer, and that's worth its weight in gold for me.

Pros

Being able to send a single document to a client that lets them view an invoice, sign a contract, and pay electronically all in one place is insanely helpful at keeping up the forward momentum with projects, and keeping things as simple as possible for my clients.

Cons

I run a video business, but we don't shoot weddings or events in the same way that regular videographers do, so being able to remove some of the "wedding-oriented" settings would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker (i.e. "budget, guests").

Samantha from All Occasion Photography

Industry: Photography

I love honeybook for all my small business crm!

I have worked with the team and customer service multiple times, and they are always fantastic! When I first started with honeybook in 2016, they helped me move everything into their system and were always quick to help answer any question I had. I love honeybook!

Pros

It allows me to keep all my jobs organized. All emails, questionnaires and files are kept within their own project so both the client and I can easily keep track of everything regarding that specific job. It saves me countless hours with the templates, workflows and invoices all implemented.

Cons

We are not able to schedule emails yet within honeybook, very frustrating when working late and wanting to respond to someone without sending it past 8pm and still keeping everything organized. Payments take 2-3 days to deposit via stripe, but wish paypal was available or something where funds are delivered faster.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Samantha, thank you for your partnership for so many years! You will be happy to know we are actively looking into your feedback! More to come down the road!

Paola from Photoventura

Selling creative services is all about visuals!

The ease of having everything in one place and the clean look of its client view.

Pros

This is a stunningly beautiful tool for creatives. What I like the most is that it helps make it easy for the client to understand the value of my services, as it helps a lot with the perception they have of me. People tend to think our line of work is something they can do themselves or have done for less or free... Up until they realize everything that's behind the services we offer, and that they can rest assured they'll get a quality (photography coverage, in my case). So when they first get a beautiful honeybook quote, I have a head start already. Everything I used to cover with my previous studio management tool is there: calendar view, online contracts, reports, etc. The quickbooks integration was the make or break for me, and I'm glad I went with this tool because it makes it SO much easier every year. The team collaboration aspect of it also is a fave of mine. Since I'm using this, I've quit 3 different apps/tools and now everything happens in honeybook. If that's not powerful and helpful, then I don't know what is!

Cons

The only thing missing would be user levels so that I can give specific access to other members of my team. I use the team collaboration for many things now, but it would be more helpful to have restricted access instead. I kicked one star only because this is no longer such a necessary feature for me, but I still find it useful for users at large.

Shannon from The Busy Bee

Our Best Investment

HoneyBook is the single most profitable tool we have implemented in our business. The automated processes have save us so much time and made us much more profitable. Also, customer support is always so helpful!

Pros

Cons

In the beginning, it did not have many options to make the software look on brand from a clients perspective or much flexibility and changing the design of brochures and templates. As a creative business it is important for our pieces to look custom designed, even down to our contract. This has improved significantly over the years!

Beverley from Social Media With Beverley Theresa

Missing the one crucial piece for an all in one business system

The customer service and sales rep I dealt with were really great. They totally understood my situation and I didn't feel pressured into subscribing when they knew how important the Company Name field was for my business. Everything about Honeybook is great and I would subscribe in a heartbeat if they added that field!

Pros

I loved the availability to add visuals to almost everything created in Honeybook. It really helped reflect my brand to clients and potential clients. The dashboard is intuitive and not confusing, everything is where it should be!

Cons

My one gripe about Honeybook, and the reason why I never ended up subscribing is that they are missing an essential field on the client information side. There is NO place to put the client's Business/Company Name. I work with individuals at businesses, but when it comes to invoicing or bringing up their information in Honeybook, I was unable to invoice the client under their Business Name. Instead I had to invoice them by their name, which is a huge blocker as I'm not invoicing an individual I'm invoicing the Company they work for. This was such a critical field and working with their customer service and sales rep, it had been requested in the past by others but never implemented. It just blew my mind how everything about Honeybook can be amazing but they don't have a field for Company Name!

Michelle from The Suitcase Studio

Best business investment ever

This has seriously been the BEST investment I've made for my business, and it's not even that pricey. The system works incredibly well, is easy to customize, and the customer service is QUICK, too!

Pros

I switched from a different CRM and never looked back... It keeps me completely organized on the back-end: easily creating (and updating) templates for emails, questionnaires, contracts, brochures and more; allows me to SEE when emails have been read (and reminds me when I might want to follow up); allows me to collect online payments (and even automatic recurring payments so I don't have to chase the money). It also provides an amazing experience for the CLIENTS on the front-end, too: Everything is PRETTY and professional-looking, and I've actually had SEVERAL clients tell me that this is why they booked MY services instead of someone else's.

Cons

The only missing piece is I wish there was an easy way to indicate that a CHECK payment is on its way instead of having to simply ignore payment on the digital invoice.

SINLY from Milsin Studios

Industry: Photography

Great CRM program for photographers!

So far after reviewing various CRM programs I'm so glad that I went with Honeybook, the program has increased my revenue and the ease in which I work and interact with my clients.

Pros

I've only had this program for less than 3 months now but the number one thing that I can absolutely rave about this program is their customer support. A representative guides you along the entirety of the process but not only that they set up the documents into their system for you, so it definitely helps with the headache of changing your entire business module over, with the documents, contracts and expenses prepared in the program by someone who knows the program well.

Cons

In the beginning even with the mass amount of help that it takes to set up it does require a lot of time. Which is quite reasonable since the program does so much you would have to input and invest so much time within that first week. You're creating, changing, evolving your paperwork, streamlining your work flow so it basically moving everything paper work wise about your business onto a computer system. Of course after you are all done with then everything is a cake walk.

Rachel from DesJardins Studio

Industry: Photography

Without Honeybook, I'd go crazy!

I always feel like my suggestions are heard. If they continue this way, I'll never leave.

Pros

I love the honey book team the most and how they are responsive to our suggestions. I see a lot of potential for growth in the software and hope that eventually it can be an all inclusive platform including album hosting and email management.

Cons

There are some odd hiccups - like I can block off days within HB. I have to use (and have yet to set up) a Calendly account. I'd rather just use HB for these things. I don't love how communication functions with clients. Clients have told me to "email them directly" because the HB platform is confusing to them. Maybe if all vendors used it and all of their planning happened on HB then it would not be so foreign to them, but currently it is frustrating for some of my clients.

Keneshia from Blissful Creatives

Honeybook helps me streamline my business

I have used this product for 5+ years and it has been the best experience. From the ease of set up to streamlining my business to payment processing, this is the number program I use in my business. and making my clients feel like they have everything in one place has been such a big boost to my business.

Pros

This software has always been a no brainer for me. I am able to streamline my booking process, create projects and design events all in one place. It is user-friendly and client-friendly.

Cons

I have no real cons about this product, If I had to choose one it would be feature implantation. Releasing new features quicker would help solve a couple of problems.

Very Good for Now

I use HoneyBook for my small business to track all my clients and projects.

Pros

I love having all of my business documents, clients, time tracking, project tracking, etc. in one place. It saves so much time because I'm not constantly jumping from program to program to keep myself organized.

Cons

As much as I love the tool, it is not intuitive! None of the settings are where you think they would be and it's very difficult to find help documentation. I can't wait for them to add the feature of attaching a file like a PDF to a triggered email.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied December 2019

Hey there, thank you for the feedback! Want to make sure you're able to find help documentation - please check out https://help.honeybook.com/en/ when you get a chance. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to us at concierge@honeybook.com - always here for any questions you have. :)

Sarah from Cape Cod Nail Co.

Lifesaver for entrepreneurs!

Honeybook is a bang for your buck. I use it everyday to keep 30+ bookings organized and on task with ease. Theyre ALWAYS improving and adding functions too. Theyre customer service team really listens to user needs.

Pros

Cons

I have to modify this software quite a bit to make it work for my mobile nail salon. The brochures and service menu layouts are too cookie cutter and dont allow 100% modification yet.

Colleen from Raised Roots & Co.

Honeybook is a must for an outstanding customer experience

Its rare to feel personally connected to a service, but Honeybook has gone out of its way to do this. Im still a small fish right now in a very big pond, but they treat me with the same level of personal, friendly service as companies 50 times my size.

Pros

Having everything at my fingertips to manage my clients, their needs, communication and payment is my primary reason for using Honeybook. But my clients love it to, and Im able to make every client, regardless of their billable worth, feel as important as they are. Delivering an outstanding client experience is one of the principles of my business, and I know Im able to do that with Honeybook.

Cons

The only thing I have on my wishlist is more customization for email capture forms. But it certainly is something Im able to workaround with ease, and not a big concern.

Aleia from Aleia Walker Creative

My biz would suffer without Honeybook

I've used Honeybook for a couple of years and it was one of my first investments as a biz owner, I don't recommend doing biz without it!

Pros

I love how I can have everything in one place in Honeybook. I truly, truly don't know what I would do with 20 other tools and having to have my clients use them.

sarah from Sarah Gehman Photography

Industry: Photography

Honeybook changed my business!!!

Pros

The customer service is incredible, the referral codes are awesome, and it changed how I ran my business! I'm organized and can easily keep track of proposals and invoices.

Cons

I wish we could keep track of files! ALSO, wish we could send client galleries through honeybook! It would be a one-stop-shop! AND it would be cool if we could get prints for clients right through the app, too!

Anum from RnA Photography

Industry: Photography

Best Tool to keep Clients Satisfied!

Overall, Honeybook has helped keep my business organized from top to bottom. This definitely translated into more secured clients as even the clients can sense the professionalism and organization that HoneyBook offers.

Pros

* Easy to use * Attaches calender to the program * Creates the entire work flow from an inquiry to the contract confirmation * Consolidates all emails and communication with a client and makes it easy to see the entire conversation in a glance * Sends out payment reminders and invoices to clients which keeps us on top of payment collection

Cons

I love this program and it is so easy to use. The only thing is that the monthly subscription can be alot in the beginning for a small business.

sarah from sarah gehman photography LLC

Industry: Photography

Honeybook has changed my stress level AND the experience that I give my clients.

Pros

The ease of use. Hands down. Honeybook was the solution to so many problems I had trying to run my photography business on my own. I'm so thankful for how honeybook makes it so easy to run my business. THANKS YA'LL!

Cons

My only complaint is that you COULD be an all in one stop for photographers and offer client photo galleries and options to purchase prints and albums.

JULIE from On The Spot Knot

Couldnt Live Without It!

I love that whenever I have a question consierge answers it within a few hours. The videos are easy to understand and taking the time to watch and understand is worth the time to get your own flow set up!!

Pros

Having all the information in one place is hands down the best feature.

Cons

When you have an uploaded document you cannot see the whole name of the file in a details view.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

We couldn't live with you Julie! Thank you!

If you sell services, I don't know why you're doing anything else.

Pros

I love the white glove onboarding. They will set up all your contracts, questionnaires, and templates for you. You can send them a document or details written on a napkin and they'll get it done.

Cons

I. Love it all! Okay, I do wish I could click and share a package without having to create package and add the client's email.

Javid from Napa Auto Parts

The HoneyBook Way

Having multiple applications to complete various jobs is very costly, but with HoneyBook which manages so many various tasks such as payment, scheduling and more it has saved my company a substantial amount of money. Tasks which are now automated I no longer have to keep worrying about completing, my business now is quite streamline.

Pros

Creating future projection and forecasting is a breeze with HoneyBook. The reports it provides are easy to create, read and and use to create business forecasts.

Cons

HoneyBook's automation can be a bit tasking as the learning curve to do this is not a simple one.

Danielle from Danielle Defayette Photography

A Complete Game Changer!

Pros

I love the features that HoneyBook offers! Its expedited so many processes with my business and they all elevate the standard to which my business runs!

Cons

The cost of HoneyBook is a little high, but once you take the leap its easy to look past it!

Amy from Westward Wandering Photography

HoneyBook for small businesses

Its a nice software that helps keep my business and contact with clients organized.

Pros

HoneyBook is very user friendly which is always important. The platform is clean and organized. I like being able to contact clients with invoices (and accept online payments), questionaires (something I use to improve my customer service), and my pre-written email templates. HoneyBook keeps it all in one place for me, making it easy and preferable.

Cons

As a photographer, I offer a few different types of services, and I like to advertise them all. However, HoneyBook only lets me list myself as one specific thing and doesnt give the option to list multiple services.

Alex from Joey the Cat Skeeball

HoneyBook is essential for my part-time consulting business

Pros

I do event consulting on the side, while maintaining a full-time job. I needed a software platform that enabled me to look professional with my clients, while not being a huge time sink. Luckily I found HoneyBook which allows me to organize my projects and provide professional and gorgeous proposals to my clients. I couldn't be so efficient without HoneyBook!

Hallie from Recollective Films

Every small business owner needs honeybook!

Great experience! It has kept me highly organized and given me peace of mind in my business!

Pros

I love how I can see dates in order throughout the year and accept payments, as well as send out payment reminders!

Cons

I'm not sure how to connect it to my website with forms, so as of now, I set up all clients individually after they decide to book through my squarespace form.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied October 2019

Hallie, thank you for the feedback! Our goal is make sure our members are organized and have a single view of their business. Great to hear it's giving you peace of mind! Here is a link to setup your contact form on a Squarespace website - https://intercom.help/honeybook-5891e2a409ff/en/articles/2209091-installing-the-honeybook-contact-form-on-a-squarespace-website

Erica from Eye spy optometric

Perfect for wedding planning

Overall it helped me find the lowest prices for some vendors so my goal was met.

Pros

I love how you put what you need and the vendors reaches out to me with their quotes and availabilities. It makes comparing quotes easy and payment function is also built in so it feels secure. The site is clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

You can only use their credit card processing as default so there is no way to change or turn that off. It takes extra effort to find another payment method with clients when another method is necessary.

Rosalie from RA Photography

I LOVE HONEYBOOK!

Pros

Not only does it keep my calendar, it also tracks my payments, allows people to pay online, makes contracts easy and user friendly for my clients to sign remotely, the list goes on! I honestly do not know how I operated my business prior to this platform. I am beyond obsessed!

Cons

I have no found a single con with this platform and I don't plan to! Everything is perfectly engineered to fit any photographers business!

Erin from Skiflower Designs

HoneyBook is the Bee's Knee's!

My overall experience with HoneyBook has been very positive. I rely on it every day!

Pros

What I like most about Honeybook is that everything is on one place! Since my company is just me...HoneyBook IS my assistant. It makes my workflow more efficient...allowing me more time for client interaction. It is an amazing tool, and I can't imagine working without it!

Cons

I wish the library could hold more photos. The initial set-up is a bit confusing. (i.e. how the templates are saved/stored)

CARLA from CAPITALFLORIST

Everything you and your clients need in one place!

Easy to navigate once I had a chance to play with it. Clients love it as well.

Pros

Like the title of my review says, the fact that I can keep all client information in one place! It makes it so easy to keep track of contract changes and it's easy to navigate!

Cons

It was a learning curve, but I think that was also part of never having used a software like this before.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Wonderful to hear that your clients love HB as much as you do! Thank you for being a member!

Patrick from Innerlight Photography

Industry: Photography

Game changer for my photography business!

Pros

Honeybook has helped me so much with keeping my business organized. I can send clients customized invoices with my logo and digital contracts in which they can easily sign online. That is pretty much what I use it for. I am always receiving positive feedback from my clients!

Cons

As of now, I don't have anything negative to say about HB. It is the perfect software for a wedding photographer!

Angela from Pink Warrior Makeup Artistry

A Good Product but lacks some functionality

Pros

Honeybook is a great management tool for wedding and event type vendors. It makes it easy to create online contracts and invoices and also captures leads from various places. It has a nice layout and a feature to keep you connected with other professionals as well as job opportunities with other professional. It is fairly easy to use.

Cons

It doesn't have a client portal with I really insist on having. I'm not the biggest fan of how it lays out your dashboard but for a more visual person it can be great. You can't import contacts from other software so if you decide to switch over to Honeybook be ready to enter all clients from your other software individually. You can import your Google contacts but most of my client data is housed in my current software.

Ashley from Ashley Wood Phtoography

Love the Workflows!!

Pros

The Workflows ensure that I don't miss a step in my client process

Cons

the mobile app does not allow me to see all of my clients' contact information

Quiana from Quiana Darden

Industry: Writing and Editing

Wonderful Program

When I bring on new clients and transfer clients to HoneyBook, they are very impressed! It's easy for me to maintain and use.

Pros

I like that I can streamline my invoicing, questionnaire, contract, timekeeping, lead capture, etc. into one program.

Cons

It took me a bit to figure out how to use the program initially

Response from HoneyBook

Replied September 2019

This is great to hear Quiana! Streamlining your business processes and providing your clients an impressive experience is very important to us! We've recently updated our on-boarding lesson plans to make learning faster! Please take a look at https://help.honeybook.com/en/articles/3322955-honeybook-courses

Tanya from BS Group

Honeybook for Customer Management

With task management tools we responded to our customers' inquiry really fast.

Pros

It has task management tool which helps you a lot during workflow. Templates for emails, contracting, brochures etc, save a lot of time.

Cons

Mobile version is what I expected. Sometimes customer support takes actions really slow.

Ami from Little Miss Lovely, LLC

Honeybook is great for teaming up with other vendors

Pros

I use Honeybook to connect with new vendors that I have not worked with before. It helps me meet new people, interact with vendors that I wouldn't typically get to work with, and network.

Cons

Sometimes the creative community "Opportunities" pages gets a little hard to follow. I am always looking for paid opportunities to take on. Other uses leave unnecessary comments on some posts the users make about searching for vendors. I wish there was an option to filter "most relevant" comments under each post.

Tammie from Milani Social Media Marketing

Take Care of All Your Business Needs in One Software

I use honey books to create proposals, questionnaires for onboarding, leads, invoicing, book keeping, communication with clients, so basically the only thing I don't use it for is completing the actual work for my clients.

Pros

There are so many things that I love about this software! The ability to have everything I need from the start of getting clients to maintaining each client.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Echo from Glam Time Photo Booth

A MUST For My Photo Booth Business!

Ease of business operations with complete efficiency.

Pros

This software is a must for business owners. It allows me to send proposals, follow ups, collect money, create work flows, collaborate and anything else you may need to do to run your business smoothly and efficiently. It saves hours of administration time by creating automation for all of your processes. I love it! The icing on the cake is it is reasonably priced!

Cons

I have yet to see any real cons with using this software. Customer service is great and helps you with anything you may need for set-up and while learning the features.

Boosted my sales

Pros

Beautiful format and it's very attractive so when we switched from shopify to honeybook it helped boost my sales

Cons

There are occasional technical glitches that their engineers are working on fixing. I found work arounds for now.