(5,096)

5,096

(1,399)

1,399

Browse Adobe Creative Cloud Reviews

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

#1 Design Software in Market

I have been using Adobe Creative Cloud for more than 3 years and it has been the best choice among other competitors for all these 3+ years. The software I use most is Adobe Photoshop and it has helped me a lot in my professional career. For all the features available in Adobe Creative Cloud - I absolutely love it! If you are a graphic designer, you need Adobe Creative Cloud as it is the #1 graphic designing software available in the market.

Pros

One subscription - and I get access to 20+ awesome design software. I also get access to stock photographs and other assets which I use regularly as they are of high quality. It's also easy to work on a project with teams as projects are saved online. The thing I like most about Adobe Creative Cloud is that - it gets updated regularly. Due to regular updates, I can be sure that the features of these software are in accordance with current technologies. I have spent more than 3 years using Adobe Creative Cloud in regular basis - and I can say that I learn something new every week and this has helped me a lot in my professional career.

Cons

Subscription for only one software is expensive and doesn't seem to be suitable for beginners. We also need a fast performing computer to use most of Adobe software - which is fine looking at the features they offer. However, I think there is room for improvement of performance.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud is way ahead in terms of User Interface, Easiness to Use and Features Available. There are also tons and tons of resources available online that makes it really easy to learn how to use Adobe CC.

Jordan from Foxy Design

Wouldn't run my business without it

Ultimately I wouldn't be able to do all the things I do with my business without access to Adobe Cloud.

Pros

Creative Cloud makes it easy to download my most used Adobe software and ensure everything is up to date.

Cons

The biggest thing I don't like about Adobe Creative Cloud is the fact you are only renting your software. I used to be able to buy Adobe products as I needed them. Now I am forced to keep an ongoing subscription to maintain access to my software.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe products offer a familiar platform that I enjoy using.

Absolutely Creative

Its a good product. It solves every business related problem I have. Everything creative under one roof, was a great idea

Pros

As a designer, I have to show my appreciation for this product. Its includes everything I will ever need for my business. I can read my PDFs, tweak my images, edit my videos, create illustrations and websites very easily. I especially love the import and export functions among the software's. The free cloud membership is absolutely perfect. I'm always a sucker for anything that includes extra storage.

Cons

Would appreciate if more if the pricing was friendlier and consistent, it's always in the back of my mind that the price for this product will keep increasing. At least pick a price and stick with it. Also not many people know about this creative suite, unless they are in the same industry mine, conversation about it goes right over their heads.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

I guess, in order to remain relevant in my field, you need to move with the times. Corel became outdated but Adobe keep making advancements with their tools and ideas, without being complex, which is just great.

Hitoshi from NEC Corporation

December 2021

Vest photo editing software suite!

I am using Photoshop CC and Photoshop lightroom in Adobe Creative Cloud. It's a kind of global standard photo editing tool and it's quality is super great! I will keep using this tool in the future.

Pros

Cons

Handling a big phot size is too slow to edit. This is the only one drawback for this tool.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

The quality of Nikon photo editing tool is not enough and it support only Nikon camera raw.

Miguel from Home Zone Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Creative Cloud is a dream

I am keeping my department up to date with the latest creative software without having to re-purchase a new license every other year.

Pros

I remember when you would have to look for an update to download. This function alone saves so much time. I enjoy seeing new updates to my software every month. It's future-proofing my workflow and providing me with the latest software without having to commit to another license. It may seem daunting and you may want to buy a license of something similar. But in a few years when that program is no longer supported you will be wishing you were working on ACC apps which are always updated

Cons

Creative Cloud at times take a while to update you if you have a slow connection to the internet. But that is the internet and not the creative cloud. That is the only setback. It would be wasteful if they updated via CD so I don't mind waiting on an update via internet connection.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Ease of use, constant support and file management was a breeze.

Bella ma pesante e costosa

Pros

La suite di Adobe è estremamente completa, meravigliosamente integrate con foto e video da stock, modelli 3D, texture, font e template... Insomma ha tutte le comodità per affrontare qualsiasi lavoro creativo dal foto ritocco al montaggio o post produzione video passando per la manipolazione dell'audio. I programmi sono estremamente completi e oltre a trovare ispirazioni sempre nuove elaborazioni creative o tutorial i suoi formati sono perfettamente integrati nel mondo dell'elaborazione digitale e la quantità di plug-in che aggiungono funzionalità sono pressoché infiniti.

Cons

Purtroppo tutti i programmi della suite sono estremamente pesanti e, per la mia esperienza, mal ottimizzati per l'ambiente Apple. Io conosco bene il mondo video e se per After Effect posso dire di non aver ancora il coraggio di abbandonarlo per quanto riguarda l'editing e la post produzione video ho trovato, in programmi competitor, quella maggior stabilità e minore, se non quasi azzerata, perdita di tempo legata a crash. Altra forte criticità, per come io la uso, è non aver la possibilità di attivare per un solo mese uno dei programmi che magari mi serve per pochi o un solo progetto all'anno. Anche in questo caso mi sono trovata costretta a utilizzare competitor per non essere costretta a pagare un anno di abbonamento completo per me totalmente inutile

Christian from Rwanda Medical Journal

Industry: Publishing

Best Pro softwares in one place with you everywhere

Better with smoothness and capability to get work done no matter how heavy or complicated it is. Definitely Pro softwares accessed by anyone.

Pros

Combination of all softwares for professionals in one place. Flexibility to be accessed everywhere when logged in any device that gives continuous workflow Capable applications with features that fit anyone's needs Advanced features for any project. Cloud storage allow me to save my projects online for later access anywhere any time

Cons

Priced a bit higher compared to the alternative or competition but still cheaper if you consider to buy 2-4 individual applications. Takes time to get used to more than other software. Softwares included are heavy and needs a little bit bigger computer storage

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Lack of some features and lack of cross-platform functionality.

James from Ineffable Design

Great suite of tools but not beginner friendly

I love it. I have had a subscription for almost 2 years now and I have learned a lot and I am still learning a lot. It allows me to make my videos awesome and my podcast sounding great.

Pros

You can do almost anything creative with their software packages. I do video, podcasting, and graphics and I love it. The best part is the templates you can use. I am not a graphic designer by any means but I can edit templates to make some awesome looking logos and graphics.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at times especially as someone who is not an artistic person.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

I still use Filmora as well. It is much easier to use but if I want something that Filmora doesn't have I use Adobe suite. Adobe Creative Cloud has so much more to offer with all their apps and programs.

Shane from OC Technologies

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easier than ever and accessible anywhere

I've been a customer and user for Adobe for over 15 years and they are still the best all around choice for graphic design and development software applications. They have not only set the bar but still are pioneers of graphic designing programs with the capability to do just about anything and the best choice for all skill levels.

Pros

The cloud has made it far easier to enjoying our programs and software without having to hassle with discs, large downloads, space taking installations, frequent updates or patches, and even licensing is far more easier than before. The cloud and accessing the software anywhere now and even continuing where I left off from a different device has to be my favorite thing and what I like most about Adobe CC.

Cons

I believe in trying something out before buying is an essential part of software because you otherwise would not be able to tell if certain things that you need even exist or compatibility issues might render the software useless otherwise.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe is the standard for all designing and development software who has been ahead of game.

Crystal from Think Outside, LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

December 2021

Software is great -- Cloud based plans is frustrating if you have more than 1 account (pers vs biz)

Pros

I regularly utilize Adobe Acrobat for PDF editing. Illustrator is used on occasion in concert with the materials received from third-party graphic designers. Acrobat makes PDF editing a quick breeze. Illustrator has a larger learning curve. Both programs help us accomplish our regular graphic design needs.

Cons

Creative Cloud is awful if you happen to have a personal account in addition to a business account. I was constantly having to login to one or the other depending on the app I need to use. This is the MOST FRUSTRATING thing about this cloud service. Although some of the programs are used truly for personal use, I've now had to purchase licenses through my business to maintain a single cloud login and have access to all programs through one login. I'm beyond frustrated by this... I would think that I'm not the only person who has both personal and business needs for Adobe software and would prefer to be able to access all apps concurrently? But I suppose I'm unique in this case according to their customer support!

Fairman from Siblings International Business Solutions

Adobe Creative Yet Not Much in the Cloud

I have already rated it a 7 whether I recommend this to my friends and family so my overall experience pretty says the same.

Pros

The software is user-friendly that even a non-tech person can easily use and navigate through it. You can easily open up PDF files and the likes and view or store it anytime and anywhere. The mobility of this platform is honestly just like the rest of those cloud services out there. What makes it outstanding is the capability of ease on editing or creating files while you are on-the-go.

Cons

Although I like the software personally, the feeling of paying for something and with an astonishing price-drop for new subscribers is way too unfair for existing subscribers.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

I just to give it a shot if it works or not, apparently, it didn't.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Google Cloud is money-spend worth for a software.

Lorraine from AAA

December 2021

Great but room for improvement

I realized the ability the collaborate using the Adobe Creative Cloud and the ease of accessibility from anywhere on any mobile device. I don't have to be sitting in the office to access my files or shared files.

Pros

I love how I have access to everything I need on the cloud giving me mobile accessibility whether on my desktop or mobile device of choice. All I need to do is log in.

Cons

The software sometimes does not sync my files causing loss of time to log out/log in and retry. I have experienced the inability to share a pdf link to my team so we can make notes and collaborate on the same file. There was also an instance that I was only able to share a file with a certain amount of people.

Joshua from Thryft-Flipp

Widest Selection of High-Quality Software

Our experience with Adobe Creative Cloud has been wonderful. We really enjoy using their software products and find it to be the best in the industry.

Pros

I like that with Adobe Creative Cloud you are able to select which particular bundles of software you want to pay for and use. We use Photoshop and Acrobat every single day. Photoshop is - hands down - the best software we use to edit our product photos before posting them to our online listings. The other software we use is Acrobat which we use for OCR after scanning documents, filling/creating forms and printing shipping labels.

Cons

The only thing we don't like about this is having to pay monthly instead of purchasing the software once. An Adobe customer service representative told me that they switched to this model due to the issue of counterfeiting with their products. I still miss the days of being able to buy the software at once and then upgrade as needed.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Acrobat provides more features and is of much, much higher quality.

Jay from Warwick dingo hire

Making work look professional

Pros

You can do nearly anything innovative with their product bundles. I do photograph editing and illustrations, I love it. The best part is the layouts you can utilize. I'm not a visual creator using any and all means but rather I can alter layouts to make some wonderful looking logos and designs.

Cons

From time to time the layout can be overwhelming

Great!

Pros

Graphic design, photo editing, video editing, publications

Cons

Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing,

Rick from Sandoval Agency

The standard

Adobe is crucial to what I do. The alternative options available are pretty capable also, but that’s only because of the trail Adobe has blazed. I can’t think of another product that allows me to create design photography audio video and animation all within the same ecosystem.

Pros

Every design or marketing team that I’ve been a part of for the last ten tests has used the bundle of Adobe products that eventually became creative cloud. It’s become an indispensable tool in our industry. The cloud based service along with subscription pricing structure changed the application space for the better because you’re always up to date with the latest features. The seamless integration between applications and file types has created the most productive digital workspace imaginable.

Cons

Sometimes the inconsistency across the app interfaces can be frustrating. For example, the crop tool in Photoshop I has a shortcut key of C but in Lightroom the shortcut key is R. You can create your own shortcut keys in Premiere but not in Lightroom. I wish Lightroom Classic would work on iPad on a per catalog basis

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

We chose Adobe CC because there is no other product that allows us to create design photography audio video and animation all within the same ecosystem.

Adobe ancora leader nella gestione della creatività digitale

Utilizzo il pacchetto Adobe da un decennio, da quando ho iniziato a lavorare nella grafica: principalmente utilizzo Photoshop, ma sono a mio agio anche con Illustrator. Di anno in anno ho trovato molto interessante l'introduzione di nuove funzionalità e strumenti, ma al contempo l'interfaccia utente e le scorciatoie da tastiera sono rimaste le medesime, permettendomi di usare con agio ogni nuova versione.

Pros

Le esigenze creative in azienda spaziano dalla produzione di materiali grafici offline e digitali, allo sviluppo web, alla definizione di progetti UX, fino ad arrivare alla produzione di documenti PDF. Abbiamo trovato in Adobe Creative Cloud una suite in continua evoluzione, che accompagna i processi creativi da decenni. Adobe Creative Cloud permette di gestire tutti gli strumenti e le applicazioni creative all'interno della propria App desktop, ma non solo: ho apprezzato il fatto che includa in un unico fulcro la gestione dei font, dell'acquisto di immagini di stock (ovviamente se incluse nel proprio pacchetto), e l'aggiornamento e installazione delle singole App.

Cons

All'interno del pacchetto è possibile acquistare prodotti per tutte le esigenze di comunicazione digitale, accomunati da un'unica radice: la vocazione professionale. Questo aspetto, che di per sé rappresenta un punto a favore, potrebbe essere uno svantaggio per un utente alle prime armi. Un principiante potrebbe essere intimorito dalla vastità delle impostazioni, e dalle innumerevoli possibilità offerte dai software: per questo motivo la curva di apprendimento delle sue conoscenze potrebbe essere più lunga rispetto a quanto offerto da altre soluzioni meno articolate ma di più immediato utilizzo.

Robert from Black Friday Recordings LLC

Industry: Music

Fantastic Value and a Heartening Focus on Learning

Value and versatility, very easy to use. Ever since I've signed up for Creative Cloud I've felt like whatever video/graphic design software I need (even if I don't know that I need it yet) is right there at my fingertips because, well, it is! There is no longer any pressure to use the wrong tool for the job because it's the one I have or the one I've invested in. A few months ago, I was told by a friend that what I was doing on one animation would be better suited to After Effects. So, I installed it from the CC dashboard, opened it up, and got to work with no additional cost or learning curve.

Pros

First and foremost, I love their focus in recent years on making the software easier to learn, easier to use, and easier to deploy. In some places, there is educational materials built right into each window of the program. This is especially helpful to infrequent users. I feel less pressure to have a search engine open in a separate tab for questions that come up, as the help is increasingly within the program. Secondly, I've used the software for years and the sheer value it provides is second to none.

Cons

Some of the programs included in the Creative Cloud feel better suited to use on a laptop than others, at least with the default settings. Perhaps they plan on improving this overtime (I certainly hope so) and it must be said the ACC offerings are still better than their competitors'. However, I would like to see some form of "Laptop mode" like a few programming IDEs provide, as the programs can get a bit cluttered when I'm on the go.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

I felt it offered a stronger value proposition in that there were more programs available for tasks I need to perform occasionally, such as Illustrator or After Effects.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

I made the switch from competing products to the Adobe Ecosystem because I appreciated having a singular dashboard for install/updating, an active update schedule, and a similar feel between all the different software I was using. Plus, when you factor in the install and update time you'll spend, I consider Adobe CC cheaper than a hodgepodge of cheap or freeware options.

Pressilla from Eternal Insurance Agency

Lots of Great Functions

It is very functional. Many apps to choose from. I realized that the apps are very specific, so if I'm working on a photo or design, I could choose between more than one app for the task. Deciding which app to choose was always dependent on the direction that I needed to go with my design. I was impressed with the quality of the software. Hardly had any glitches.

Pros

The software was very functional with over 20 different apps. This made tasks easier to complete through specific programs. I mostly used the Photoshop and Audition program. Photoshop has many great features for creating designs for my business. The quality was amazing and the more I used it, the smoother the process. It really sparked creativity with the features of lighting, colors, cropping the background from the image and adding your own, and was easy to use with green or white screen. They give a discount if you are a student to make it more affordable. For the vast variety of apps included, the price is worth it if you are in fact using them. My partner loved the In design app for making Ebooks. He found it very useful. The Audition program is very easy and exciting to use. You can record demos, songs, voice overs and much more. The sound quality (which is normally impacted by your input source as well) is very good. The mixing program that is built into the software does a great job with the auto mix features. It also has capabilities for getting rid of background noise which is a huge deal if your not recording in a professional studio. Easy to collaborate with others and lots of storage space for your work.

Cons

It's rather on the expensive side if you only plan on using a few apps. It is definitely not one of the easiest programs to use and does take some getting used to. Editing in Photoshop can sometimes be difficult for beginners. A lot of the features are unique and are not self-explanatory so watching tutorials will help out a lot with getting started. Takes a lot of RAM to run the program on my desktop. It did not work well on my laptop which was a bit disappointing.

Price

Lea from Hot Topic

Adobe Creative Cloud Honest Review

Overall, Adobe Creative Cloud is a good software for anyone in the graphic design, animation, film, or any other similar industry. It’s easily manageable, but does take up a considerable amount of space, and does need to be used fairly often in order for you to get your money’s worth.

Pros

I’ve been using Adobe Creative Cloud for a couple of years now, and I’d say I’ve had a pretty Decent experience. My day job is a retail sales associate, but I make some extra money by doing art commissions, and creating ads. I’ve also used Adobe in my education (I majored in animation at an Arts High school). While it is expensive, I appreciate their student features the most. If you are a college student (which I am now) they offer a student plan. You can use the whole Adobe suite for around $20-30 a month. Each program individually costs much more, and can get very pricey. I mainly use photoshop, animate, and media encoder. However I dabble in the other programs as well. Creative cloud makes it easy to access all of your programs from a small, desktop shortcut (mine appears at the top of my Mac-book computer) and allows you to manage all of your programs at once. My favorite feature is that, since its in the cloud, you have the ability to delete, and reinstall any of the programs you use without loosing all of your data. This is especially essential for me because my computer is constantly low on storage with all the work I do, so I can install and reinstall the Adobe apps when I see fit with just a click of a button and less than a minute.

Cons

The only issues I have with Adobe Creative Cloud is that in it if itself, it takes up a considerable amount of space, andsome of the programs can have a few bugs. However, they do allow you to submit issue reports with the programs, and they issue constant updates (and yearly, they do complete updates on each app to fix their problems). The only thing I do not like about the yearly updates is that they come in the form of entirely new apps, which means you can have photoshop 2018, 2019, and 2020. This CAN be useful though if you need to work on a piece you did years prior on an older software.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

I made the switch because needed a more flexible, customizable and complex way to make my advertisements. I used Canva as a free alternative when I could not afford to pay the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription fees.

Amazing Software Suite! With a steep learning curve

Even with minor frustrations and a steep learning curve, I can't imagine using any other software for my freelance, photography, or fine art needs. The advances of this software over the last decade has been amazing and at top speed. There is no creative task I have not found a solution to. As often as I have tried other software to save money, I always come back to Adobe. It's worth the cost!

Pros

The Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software is by far the most useful collection of tools if you are in almost any creative field. I have used this software for 4+ years now, and could not do my job or create my artwork without it. Every step of my creative process is covered by one of their programs. Whether I am sorting images in Lightroom, editing and creating work in Photoshop, or doing layout in Indesign, I'm covered. The software is at the lead with new techniques and now with creative cloud, you are always using the most up to date versions.

Cons

As much as I love and depend on this software on a daily basis, the years of intense study and use that it has taken to get to the level of ease I am at now has to be taken into account. Moving from Photoshop to learning a new program like InDesign basically means you need to relearn almost everything. I understand that the two programs are for two totally different industries, but these worlds do cross over. There is also the fact that as much as I love having my software up-to-date, not having an option to buy the software out-right is frustrating. I tend to like to pay things off and not have a monthly (or yearly), recurring bill. Lastly, I would say that the occurrence of software bugs with new updates seems to happen often. It sometimes feels like we are being tested on as we pay. And the immediate help needed with sudden, unexpected glitches in your work process is hard to come by. There are times I have had to reinstall an older version to keep working. I think we are in a time when the pace of producing new software versions is allowing the collateral damage to be releasing updates with bugs.

Great Product, but Costly

Adobe Creative Cloud is undoubtedly leading the industry with its technology. The ease and interchangeability of projects between each application in the suite is a HUGE time saver and has prevented a lot of extra work and headaches.

Pros

I like that the software is constantly being updated. It is nice to not have to worry about whether or not your software is out of date. The wide selection of applications is nice and convenient to have bundled together as well. Being able to choose the option to only pay for specific programs is also nice to have, however, I find all the products very useful, so I pay for the entire suite.

Cons

The recurring monthly fees add up. There used to be a time when you could just buy the software outright, which I honestly prefer.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

You get what you pay for. The technology is state-of-the-art and leading the industry, so it's a no-brainer. If you want high-quality output, you have to be willing to pay for it. If you choose to go with a free product or lower quality, you risk it not being compatible with a majority of the software out there today and it just isn't worth the risk. You put a lot of work into what you do, why waste your time?

William from Bombass Studio

Industry: Writing and Editing

Adobe Creative Cloud

My overall experience with the adobe Creative Cloud has been amazing. It is very easy, professional, and convent to use for both entry and professional creatives.

Pros

Adobe suit is very easy and convent to use. I love the fact that you can dynamically interlink from one software to another. Their Plugins are accessible and easy to find. I love the fact that they have different software for different purposes. Their interfaces are user freely and it can be learnt easily. Their softwares are professional, and you don't need external hardware to make them work. Adobe Creative Cloud listens to their customers, they fix bugs, they innovate their software yearly which makes it more easier for us to use as customers. I love the fact that some of their software are available on mobiles, which makes it easier to work on the move.

Cons

The subscription fees are quite expensive. Rendering and exporting processes take long sometimes. Requires you to have a fast device for the software to function properly. Some of their softwares crash quickly. External plugins are expensive as well.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Because its less expensive and it doesn't require me to have external hardware to make it work.

Matt from Lumpkins Art

Industry: Animation

This is definite a mixed bag that I have mixed feelings about, now more than ever.

Meh.

Pros

I don't eve know where to start. Adobe was always what the "cool kid" artists were talking about. It was the "thing to do" .. For one, I do not like being bound to one brand and program language to make my entire creative dreams come to life. I prefer multiple mediums and programs. Adobe is too expensive, and since most people that buy Adobe are students or people trying to learn, it is selfish to charge such high monthly fees, even for mobile apps. Adobe, from what I believe, plants spyware on my device when I download Adobe Cloud. I have a lot of screen shots and documentation of the process that unfolds from the time I download the Creative Cloud. I see so many strange instances of Adobe running all of the time, including "CoreSync.exe" which I read could possible be a virus. Created by whom? Entering my system through Adobe with their consent but not mine? The software is good. But the Cloud thing has to go. Let us just buy in full so we can try to get a job making 1/1000th of what you guys make.

Cons

I did not like the violation of trust. I had multiple intrusions and crashes due to this cloud system and the malware it introduced to my system. To make matters worse, they even took over my project during a commission and were moving the mouse while I was trying to work. That was just blatant disrespect. Maybe it was a 3rd party hacker, but the coresync.exe and other strange instances make me suspect that Adobe is another player in the big "4th Amendment Implosion" project where they sell our lives for 30 cents. Here is an example. I literally just looked at my task manager and see over a dozen instances of Adobe Running. I am sure there will be an "explanation" but the writing is on the wall. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Ilan from Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud 2020 Review

Using Photoshop on a daily basis for client design projects has made me familiar with the product and I can say it is an amazingly useful tool to any designer or artist. Someone who doesn't need the entire Adobe set but is looking to edit photos with filters and cropping can pay for a Photshop-only plan at a reduced cost compared to the all-program suite. This is important to mention as unfortunately the price on the entire Suite is high, being $40 per month at the time of writing. It grows even more feature-rich yearly, and there is the ability to use Photoshop on tablets as well to transfer files for on-the-go editing. I'd say look into Photoshop and if you need it for your work or are a hobbyist artist, buy it if it's financially viable.

Pros

A highly impactful feature that separates Photshop from simpler image-editing software would be the ability to use layers. Layers mean that a user can decide to have the background be distinct from the foreground, or individually edit objects within a large picture with many objects. The layers can also be merged together, copied or deleted as needed. Naming layers is a small effort that pays off in the long run as you may work on a design or artwork for several days or weeks at a time. Seeing the name "tree" as opposed to "layer 2" and knowing it will edit a certain tree in a piece saves time. Another key element of Photoshop is the ability to download and implement brushes, to differentiate art pieces by using specific techniques like digitally mimicking watercolor or texture. All layers in Photshop have an opacity function, so a user can even select portions of the drawing to fully show or be less visible, and this is often used to do shading and make collages. Photoshop can accept various Adobe file types for editing, such as moving a file back and forth from Illustrator to Photoshop, or opening a PDF file. The save feature can be used to save a file as various formats so if your client needs a specific file type it can be provided. The entire layout of the program can be customized to your liking and entire sections can be toggled on or off.

Cons

There are minor issues I have with the program. When initially downloading it unless settings are toggled Photoshop might not naturally start every document in inches or even pixels, but in picas. Picas aren't a common measurement tool and it is easy to think your program has a bug if you do not know where the settings are. Another issue is that Photoshop, like most Adobe programs, does take up a rather high amount of computer RAM. Low-end or older computers will have problems running it, even recent laptops do not always come with the recommended RAM for it unless buying an expensive one. While on a vacation and wanting to make some artwork I attempted to run the program on a family member's laptop and what would take moments to do on my desktop PC took minutes on the laptop because of freezing and general hiccups due to lack of resource on the laptop. It was an awful experience. A smaller quirk is how every new version of Photoshop, which is revised yearly, will change the place various tools are located, either hiding them or putting them in a new location. It's annoying to have muscle memory lead to a different tool or temporarily being scared a great feature was removed.

20 plus years using Adobe's products, time for a review

in 1995, I was introduced to Adobe Photoshop and it's ability to layer compositions and never turned back. I've worked with the best digital retouchers in Germany, Designed along side legends in the beauty industry, and have always pushed the limits of the Adobe software line until Creative Cloud came out. It was the first time I used cloud based software and was amazed by the new features and abilities. For once, I was learning more than doing and the challenge was well worth the switch. my only concern is for the users who do not understand the benefits of the SAAS model and see it as a price barrier. Basically, the Creative Cloud pushed out novice/occasional users as they are not willing to commit to a monthly bill. Other than leaving behind such users, the CC edition of Adobe's software suite has been the leading edge of the creative industry. From Live TV ads, to Print billboards, and catalogs with hundreds of pages, I've been able to do it all thanks to Adobe and their software.

Pros

I love the new cloud-based platform and all the features that come along with it -Stock imagery flows directly into my projects -Libraries follow me through my day for each client -The Pallette based GUI has always been the best on the market -Customization of key commands was a huge upgrade a while back -Being able to paste vector forms from AI to PS is awesome

Cons

-AE is always having trouble with my video card even though listed and drivers are updated -AE often stops rendering previews and I must restart to gain back the ability to preview timeline (related to first item?) -I would like to see more pricing options for those who don't need the full kit. Example: a small company who cannot afford "Teams" and only needs one seat for design, but needs multiple seats for edits.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

I've been fortunate to study with two Adobe certified trainers. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in MN, and someone in Munich Germany. These individuals passed on much of the personality the software holds and I was left with nothing but the best impression for what Adobe has to offer. Nothing but Apple products could come close and then Apple messed with things and now all my associates are FT Adobe!

Sean from Design

Love the Adobe software but not in love with subscription

Creative Cloud is industry standard for design and you cant do business without it. It is priced fairly I suppose but would like it to be a little less expensive. I will say customer service was fantastic with the Covid shutdown and really helped out on costs for us independent contractors. Adobe really stepped up and I appreciate that level of support when it is needed.

Pros

I love having the lashes and greatest as it comes out. I use Lightroom, photoshop, illustrator and indesign daily. Having a single eco system with very similar controls and commands is a time saver.

Cons

As much as I like having updated software it isn't a necessary item for me. Before CC I could get away with upgrading software as needed to save money. It might be a few years of using photoshop before I needed a newer version, but I alway need the latest InDesign. I had the choice before, now I feel it costs me extra every year for things I dont need.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

A single eco system saves time. With everyone supplying PDF files these days it is easier to do everything in Adobe. Quark used to rule the world and still has some nice features but InDesign work flow is easier with PS and Illustrator.

Jordan from Northrop Grumman

Industry: Defense & Space

Adobe User Since 2003

The Adobe Cloud software has been pinnacle to creating digital media which entices customers to shop at my business. It also has been great for designing and editing artwork and photographs for my families home. I have also used it to design presentations I used while in school. It is my workhorse for productivity, design, and creation!

Pros

There are a lot of different things to say about the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Simply put, with access to Adobe's Creative Cloud, the top quality media editing tools are right at your fingertips. I have spent the last 17 years using Adobe's products on a weekly basis. It has varied from professional uses, to personal uses, to educational uses. During this time I have seen the upgrades and implementations first hand. I was introduced to photoshop in 2003 and was impressed with the versatility and capabilities even then. As my skills and needs increased so did the capabilities of photoshop and I always had the tools I needed. I must also say that at first, I knew all of the capabilities of the software, but know the endless capabilities have surpassed my knowledge. They are always improving! Later they released lightroom, and that became my go to for lighting adjustments. It has been a great ally since I found it! Previously the software cost $600+, and I could only afford a new copy every so many years, and I often found myself sticking with the older software. However, with their subscription version, I can pay small amounts and always have the newest software. All-in-all it is the same cost as upgrading every 4 or 5 years. The software tends to be very user friendly, and the cloud option to cross platform edits is a huge win!

Cons

This is just a con I feel about most "Cloud Softwares" in general. The launcher applications they use take a hit on memory, and occasionally CPU. This gets annoying since I do not like having extra unnecessary things running in the background. I wish I could just have a local license the required weekly internet connection renewal. This to me is the biggest con. I also wish I could by a universal subscription for personal work and school. I have to three different instances to abide by their terms. Because of this my cloud sharing functionality takes a hit.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Gimp, has low, non-user friendly functionality. It was an obvious switch.

Dean from Megapro Holdings (Pty) Ltd

Adobe Creative Cloud is an incredibly powerful software service for skilled individuals

The Adobe Creative Cloud is a great tool for any business looking to launch their business into the new digital era. It is imperative that there is an individual or team that can use the applications that come with Adobe Creative Cloud as it is a skill-based software service with amazing capabilities!

Pros

The Adobe Creative Cloud is a comprehensive software service with incredible applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign. Looking to create eye-catching motion graphics and videos? Adobe Creative Cloud is the hub that also provides access to Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro, 2 powerful tools available to put your business into modern digital territories. The Adobe Creative Cloud is a versatile product as it can be accessed daily via a very handy desktop app that is available for MacOS or Windows, or alternatively directly through their website into a neat little WebApp with a world of creativity at your fingertips. Should your digital team have the expertise, the Adobe Creative Cloud software service also has the Adobe Dreamweaver Application which is arguably the best coding software on the market and due to it being cloud-based it has access to all the necessary frameworks such as the HTML Bootstrap Framework. This allows users to create incredible websites, WebApps and Mobile Apps regardless of the Operating System. Another benefit is the addition of having access to Adobe Acrobat Pro which allows users to manipulate and edit .PDF documents with ease. We highly recommend the Adobe Creative Cloud to any and all agencies that have the budget to extend their digital capability and creativity.

Cons

The Adobe Creative Cloud is quite a pricey software service that is based on a yearly or monthly subscription and is not beneficial to companies that will not be using the applications on a daily basis. The Adobe Creative Cloud also lacks progress in the 3-Dimensional creation space. Although Adobe has recently purchased the Substance Softwares it is not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud and is an additional cost should you wish to use it. Baring in mind Adobe Creative Cloud does have Adobe Dimension for 3D creation, but this does not have the capabilities of modeling or extreme texturing as it is more a 3D object management tool. Overall the Adobe Creative Cloud should not be used for 3D graphics.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

It is a more comprehensive tool with an easy-to-use interface with all the necessary software under one management tool. Although our design team has experience with the other software available, their experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud is more vast and skilled, giving our company access to better digital IP.

Timmy from Computer Software

Capable, enterprise-level creative software at a steep price

It has been a difficult task to keep the software fully updated while not getting negative feedback from our creative team for excessive downtime. The capabilities of the software, when it's working, are unrivaled. Our creative professionals love it for its user-friendly keyboard shortcuts, and I love it for the wealth of pre-made design tools, templates, and solutions that it offers out of the box. It's a software package perfect for aspiring designers, enterprises, and experienced solo designers alike.

Pros

I like the capability to take creative work (digital files, large unfinished .pdf documents, color swatches for half-complete design work) on the go. Especially in times like right now, designers and our team's creative professionals need to be able to work on their schedule, when inspiration strikes them. Having access to the suite of Adobe products from the cloud makes this software more useful and effective than ever before, totally justifying the arduous task of version control and monthly price tag.

Cons

The hardest part of using this software package effectively was keeping it updated, encompassing illustrator, PDF reader, and photoshop all update on different cycles and the most up-to-date version of the creative cloud may not actually be comprised of the most recent photoshop versions. When versions aren't the same, problems can pop up between team members working on files in tandem from different versions of the same software.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

InDesign did not have the breadth of programs, tools, or pre-made templates that would have caused us to re-invent the wheel. The price tag was lower, however, me and the rest of our designers would have had to start from the ground up in order to have pre-made forms from which we could begin being productive.

Don from Marquette University

The best bundle of tools for creative professionals

I have used Creative Cloud since it's original release and never regretted the decision. We mostly focus on their video, audio, and photo tools where I work. Tools such as Adobe Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Each tool is excellent at what it does and if not the leading tool in the industry, very close to it. Adobe releases at least 2 large new versions each year with many point releases in-between, further enhancing your investment. They are great at listening to and implementing customer feedback.

Pros

Creative Cloud makes it very easy to access, install, and manage Adobe's wide range of creative products. With more recent versions they've made it very simple to see what applications are installed, can be installed, and have upgrades available. Its also very easy to uninstall any application you are no longer using. Beta versions of the applications are also accessible and can be run in conjunction with release versions, which is a great way to preview what new features are coming up. Even better, outside of managing each application, Creative Cloud saves your application settings to the cloud. This includes everything from templates and fonts to custom window layouts and keyboard shortcuts. Should you you log into your account on a new computer, all of those preferences can by synced to it. This is a big time saver for anyone who regularly needs to switch computers, such as students working in different computer labs.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike about Creative Cloud. The biggest is probably the cost of entry. If you are a professional and making money on a regular basis with Adobe's software, then it's definitely worth the cost. If you are a hobbyist it's more difficult to justify spending $50 or more per month when competitive solutions can be purchased with one time fees for much less. As a result, while I would strongly recommend it to any of my professional friends, I would not do so for a neighbor or friend who is seeking to dabble in what these tools have to offer. It's too bad Adobe can't figure out a more cost effective way to let those hobbyists access the tools while maintaining their reasonable monthly subscription cost for professionals.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe Creative Cloud offers access to a full suite of useful applications. Others were just video editing, or just audio editing. Creative Cloud offers everything in a bundle with a single, simple, monthly price.

FCP 7 was discontinued.

camillia from Graphic Designer

Everything You Need To Succeed

In the years I been using creative cloud I can say if you have small business and do all your marketing and wanna create videos/promos/flyers/make animation/edit anything media related, even down to customized websites you can do it with Creative Cloud it makes all things possible! lol And with photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects ( which is really cool too) In-Design you can download templates from websites like Envato which makes things run so smoothly for you. I've had no problems outta creative cloud ive been using it since 2010 and I LOVE IT! Esepcally on the Microsoft side. There interface is easier to use than apple's creative cloud. It's pretty affordable too. I was student so it was like 19.99 a month of something like that for thousands of dollars worth of products I don't know how they make it so cheap. But I thank them from the bottom of my heart because it's help me get so much stuff done for business,church even fun projects I used to do outside of the job element. Please use Creative cloud they are like the Mc.Donalds upgraded to 4 stars in Production of any kind. Spark is a really cool program to use it's available on the i-pad. Well that's where I used it at. I mean with simple clicks you can create flyers and layouts. You can start a project on your computer do another one on the laptop and finish up on the tablet. It's universal I really love Adobe and pray that are not doing anywhere anytime soon. I often wonder if this is what Movie producers use.

Pros

I LOVE LOVE LOVE creative cloud. It has so many products available to you to get all your media production,Video editings, Marketing,Promotional Videos, Anything you can possible think of in media production, Flyers, Websites, Commerical ads, Facebook promo's, My favorite is Photoshop like I spend HOURS! On photoshop but if I need lightroom to lighten a image or darken a specific section of a photo I can do that as well. Like you can change the color of a shirt to match the eyes of someone. You can even edit a specific section of a image in one software and hop to another to complete the project your working on like I've started out doing something in photoshop and exported it to Ai. It's so easy to use I think they have little tutorial videos to get your started on the products so you can better understand what your doing. It's so many products included in creative cloud I haven't even used them all yet lol. When I say you can do EVERYTHING I mean you can do EVERYTHING. I wouldn't think of using anything else for my marketing/videos/customer flyers/promo videos, Even short films. They have this product called premiere pro. It is so awesome to use!! Like you can merge videos cut clips out add sound. It makes you feel like a real producer and I didn't even have to take a class for it. The tutorial videos they provide along with youtube are amazing. It explains everything. The apple interfaces with Creative Cloud aren't a user friendly to me honestly. I like the Microsoft.

Cons

The only product in creative cloud that I haven't really liked that well is In-Design I find it quite difficult to use at times. That's just my opinion though. I really can't think of too many things that I don't like about creative cloud honestly. It does pretty much everything. It might awhile but the customization of the finest of details is worth it if your a perfectionist like me. And if you feel you can't get something done in one program you can always use another product in Creative Cloud that might have a better interface for it.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

I heard someone speak of Photoshop and how great it was so I tried it out and well.. *Laughs* I haven't been able to use anything else since then. Let's just say "Love at first use"

Kristen from Vernier Software & Technology

Adobe Creative Cloud Provides Us the Support Possible to Be Increasingly Innovative

Adobe Creative Cloud has paved the pathway for us to respond "yes" to the ideas generated by our full marketing team. If we are not sure of the answer, well, there is an app for us to learn and that will allow us to respond with excitement. It certainly provides the platform for us to use our maximum creativity. Each application is instrumental in every project and marketing material that we produce, from layouts for our print and digital catalogs to images for advertisement campaigns to new wireframes for landing web pages to animated social assets. To be honest, I'm not sure how we could function well as a design team without Adobe CC.

Pros

I manage our graphic design team, and the ease and speed at which we can update our applications now with Adobe CC has provided so many opportunities for us to produce the best work possible. The licenses are very easy to manage, and our users have access to so many useful applications. In fact, our designers have developed new skill sets as they download applications that they haven't used before, taught themselves how to use the application through Adobe tutorials or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and used the application to make deliverables for campaigns even stronger and to implement the ideas that they envision. The speed at which we can share these ideas back and forth together is impressive.

Cons

Anyone can download an application, like Photoshop, InDesign, or Dreamweaver, and start to use the application (we have the "All Apps" plan). However, it does take some time and additional resources to learn to utilize unfamiliar applications to their fullest potential. Our team uses a combination of the Adobe tutorials, college courses with the tuition graciously covered by our company, or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to teach themselves or to learn how to use all the tools provided within an application. Adobe's tutorials are very clear and easy to follow. Some applications have a steeper learning curve than others, but each application is such a powerful tool to implement that the investment in training is really worthwhile. One piece in Adobe CC that we haven't used frequently is the ability to recruit creatives through Behance. It hasn't been an option that we have considered previously.

Glenn from Bristol Myers Squibb

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The Software Gold Standard for Creative Professionals

In general, my experience with Creative Cloud has always been a highly positive one. I use the software everyday for my job and although I've tried the other page layout design program, who's name rhymes with dark, I always come back to InDesign and am baffled at why anyone wouldn't use CC exclusively. As a graphic designer, I'm often times looking for new fonts for my creative projects and while the Adobe font library is quite extensive, I do look elsewhere for fonts. Since keeping so many fonts active at once can be a drain on Mac performance, I use Extensis Suitcase for font management. It would be great if Adobe made a font management program to work with Creative Cloud for even better seamless integration. The only other bit of feedback I have is regarding program glitches. I've had an issue with a stray Cyan swatch appearing in my InDesign files for a few years and no matter what I try, I can't permanently get rid of it. I've worked with my company's Adobe administrator with no result. I've read through countless online blogs and Help desks that relate to the very issue I have, also with no resolution. I've even shared the issue with an Adobe sales executive, that reached out to me some time ago, who was going to share my issue with the Adobe engineers. To this day I have no resolution to the issue and continue to simply work around it and let it go.

Pros

As a graphic designer creating packaging artwork for pharmaceutical products, it's easy to work with multiple programs in Creative Cloud because of the seamless integration involved. No special formatting or hoops to jump through to go from one program to another. For the most part it's just copy and paste from one to another. I also like that now that Creative Cloud is web based with a desktop control panel, it's easy to update and upgrade software at any time without needing to wait for our administrator to roll out the new software.

Cons

Not easy to find much to dislike about Creative Cloud as I've been using the programs for roughly 20 years or more. The only thing that comes to mind is an aspect of the desktop control panel for CC. When I go to the control panel to see what programs are available, are installed, or have updates/upgrades, the interface is a bit of a mess. All previous versions of programs still show up and list updates that are available. The real issue I have is that the programs with multiple versions available don't easily note which version they are. They list their versions as 21.0.1 instead of CC 2017, CC 2018, or CC 2019, which would make it much easier to determine what is there since the installed programs show up by the year.

Thomas from Clickback

The Gold Standard, Even if the Standard is a Subscription Service

I'm currently using Creative Cloud to create visuals for social media ads and landing pages. At work I have access to the Creative Cloud, but for my personal projects/freelance jobs, I've opted for alternate software that allowed me to purchase the software outright so I don't have to pay a continual subscription fee. Take that for what you will, but I recognize that most people will be fine paying a subscription rather than "owning" the software. As I mentioned in the title, the Creative Cloud is the gold standard for creative apps, but the cost of admission is definitely a little steep.

Pros

There are a ton of pros about the creative crowd subscription. As long as you have the means, a subscription to the service means you have access to virtually everything you'd need for creative. On one hand, it's great that with one monthly (or annual contract paid monthly) subscription you get access to Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and more. These products are (arguably) the best on the market when it comes to photo and video creation, effect and animation generation, and vector design. Once you get past the learning curve (photo and video editing are generally more specialized skills), you won't likely want to use any other software for your digital marketing creative or whatever photo or video editing project you're working on.

Cons

I might be in the minority here, and while I said it can be nice to have every app under one subscription, my biggest gripe with creative crowd is that I wish I could pay a one-time fee and purchase whatever app I want to use. As it stands now, you can subscribe to one-off apps for a low price (~$20), or all apps for ~$50. Unfortunately, regularly using 4 of these apps, I'm forced to subscribe to the 'all apps' plan, and am paying for apps that I'm never going to use. That said, if you were to use each of these apps, this would be a pretty good value for your money. For my purposes, I wish that I could still pay a one time fee and purchase the apps of my choosing, but I understand why Adobe has gone the SaaS route. On top of this, there's quite a bit of a learning curve to the apps (there are entire post-secondary degrees for photo/video editing) but once you're comfortable with the software it's like second nature.

John from Photography for Little People

Tried & tested

I use creative cloud apps everyday in my photography business for both managing Image files, basic editing & client viewing in lightroom, advanced editing in photoshop and also the creation of marketing materials (fliers, posters etc.) also in photoshop. I've been using Photoshop for about 18 years, and Lightroom for well over 10 years and I'm still learning. They're not the easiest programs to get your head around, but there's a lot of free great material available on YouTube to get you up and running. I've never had any issues with the software or subscription and I often recommend them to others.

Pros

The creative cloud subscription gives you the latest version of the software, there's no need to buy a new version each time it's released. Personally I use the photography package and have lightroom & photoshop as part of this, both of which I use daily. The latest features/updates in the 2020 version (of PS) are great (especially updates to content aware fill) and are very useful for the type of work I do saving me a great deal of time. A lot of people moan about the subscription route Adobe have gone down. Personally I think it's a positive aspect and the great thing about it is that you can try it, and if it's really not for you then just cancel your subscription and try something else.

Cons

The only thing which I found slightly annoying, is that some of the features & functions work slightly differently when you're essentially trying to do the same thing. For example transform, crop etc. - sometimes I have to hold shift, sometimes I don't depending on which function I'm using which is confusing - there doesn't seem to be any standardisation. Also I find going from Lightroom to Photoshop can also be confusing sometimes when the same tools in each program, use different commands/shortcuts etc. it does take some getting used to.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

I've been using Adobe software for years, and didn't want the hassle of learning new software that I had no experience of.

Necessary Dinosaur?

So far I'm moving way from Dreamweaver to software such as VS studio. I still use Photoshop but there are a number of photo editing software that are good enough to make me feel like this is just old habit. The same can be said about Illustrator. Currently, my biggest rely is Acrobat Pro. The one thing that keeps me tied to my subscription is the ease of having all of the software through one company

Pros

I've got my chops using Adobe in the '90s. First with Photoshop, then illustrator, then Dreamweaver. I'm so used to Adobe software that I can use them without having to think of the technical side of things which makes focusing on the creative side a lot easier and more intuitive. That said...

Cons

Over time Adobe software has just gotten more and more bloated and difficult to rely on. There have been some recent changes, reorientation of common tools, which while in some ways make sense from a workflow point of view from an old user that is super irritating. the documentation for new releases is severely lacking. Adding these issues to the rather hefty annual fees and I feel like Adobe is not only asking for competitors to take over it's relying on older customers to keep the home lights burning while younger designers are not even picking up the torch.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

I've used Adobe products since the 1990s so just pure laziness.

Matthew from MWH Technologies, LLC

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Continuing a history of excellence

We utilize many of the Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Photoshop for general image manipulation, photo editing and the like; Illustrator for Vector Artwork creation and manipulation, After Effects for video production and multimedia ad creation. Other applications in the Adobe Suite are installed, but used much less frequently. Having used Adobe products since version 7, Creative Cloud continues the iterative nature of Adobe's software while keeping much of the core architecture the same... meaning this 'old dog' doesn't necessarily have to learn too many 'new tricks'.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud has long been considered the "cream of the crop" when it comes to Document Publishing / Document Layout / Graphic Design / Multimedia / Video Editing software. Their latest version(s), part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, continue that legacy with highly capable software that is robust, reliable, and thoroughly useful in any number of utilizations. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, with each of these products you see vast improvements and new features, without sacrificing previous iterations workflows, which increases productivity even further.

Cons

As Adobe has been migrating to a Cloud-first approach to their software packages, single-use application purchases have been minimized and or lost completely. Adobe Creative Cloud offers a significant value in terms of software bundling, however, some customer's may be turned off by the inability to do a single purchase for the software. Having to pay to use the software in-perpetuity does cause pause for many organizations, but the upside is that you can always use the latest and greatest version(s).

Duane from Ko-Mar Productions

The Creative Toolkit

The modern creative field is a demanding industry. For those of us who entered the workforce in the mid-2000's, we couldn't land a desirable position by specializing in one aspect of our industry. The recession, along with exponential global corporate growth, produced a generation of Swiss Army Knives. Those of us who quickly adapted survived. I wouldn't be in the position I am in my career without the ease of use and collaborative elements of Adobe Creative Cloud. I can wear my photographer hat in Lightroom and Photoshop and then immediately switch gears to Commercial Advertising in Premiere, After Effects, and Encoder.

Pros

The collaboration between the apps within the suite. I can adjust the look of an image in Lightroom, retouch the image in Photoshop, animate the image in After Effects, and load it into a video project in Premiere. If I make a change to the image at any point in the workflow chain, the other Apps automatically update it in their UI. It saves me hours every day.

Cons

It still is a bit buggy. There are times where the software will crash when overloaded. It just becomes something I always think about during the work day. How much of a load am I putting on the software, how will it affect app integration, and (most importantly) is my auto-save set up properly. It's manageable from a professional standpoint but definitely something to keep in mind.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Other Video Editing solutions require heavy front end workflow in order to start working on a project. Adobe's video editing system allows me to get to work right away.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

In 2012, I directed a music video that required a distribution to IMAX screens. The Adobe suite was the only software that could handle resolutions above 2k at the time.

Tony from Reborn Cabinets

Industry: Building Materials

Creative Cloud increases access to everthing!

The Adobe Creative Cloud keeps everything I need in one easy to access storage location without needing to add to my own harddrive if I choose. This allows me more room for the things I need to store on my devices. I love the fact that I can open, edit and sign documents on my iPad and then move them to the cloud for easy access by myself or anyone with access. Truly great product.

Pros

The best feature of course is the ability to have all of my PDF's categorized and available on any device through the Creative Cloud. But it doesn't stop with PDF's. Jpeg's, (bitmaps of all kinds) Photoshop projects CAD drawings and more are all easily stored in the cloud. And access is seamless between all of my devices. Windows Lap top, Apple iPad and Android smart phone are all supported and work as if there was only one storage location... because there is only one! They are simply all accessible from every device. Love it!

Cons

Adobe Cloud can be and has been a bit finicky. But each time I have reported issues the support team is on them instantly and with in a few days if not the same day the issues have been solved.

OneDrive (Microsoft)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Drive was just too hard to access from multiple places and I could not easily move my signed PDF's there.

Graham from Positive

The defacto creative toolkit

Our creative team can use a consistent suite of applications for all their work and temporary staff know they will find familiar software to work with when engaged with the agency. Whilst the apps are extremely comprehensive, they can be daunting for new users. Single applications can also be individually expensive to purchase.

Pros

- Flexibility to use most of the market-leading creative applications - The industry standard, all of our creatives and clients have the ability to view the files - The most powerful image editing and design software - Covers the ability to create print, web and mobile media within a single subscription - For an agency who uses most applications, this is great value for the subscription fee

Cons

- Can seem a large monthly expense for an agency with a large team - To gain the value users need to regularly utilize multiple applications - Photoshop and Illustrator can be slow for web design, other more focused applications can be faster to design in the digital realm - There is a fairly steep learning curve to become a power user as the apps are very feature-rich

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Wide range of features, industry standard applications rather than niche solutions with limited expertise in the employee market.

Janosch from INVERS GmbH

This ist simply the most versatile, powerful and allround solution you will find

Fantastic value for Money. I can do professional looking Video and Image Work for a fair fee. I can also buy stockmedia along the way for an absolutely fair amount of money. Creative claoud has mature tools for a professional auience and I can simply, only recommend it.

Pros

I have worked with the Adobe Products for 20+ years now. I used Photoshop and Adobe flash back as the Internet still ran on steampipes (so to say) and I was a Student. Later I trained other students when working as an Intern at the University, I also worked as aOperator in a Publicity Agency for a while with the Adobe Products. Today, in my solopreneur life I still use it and I must say, somehow Adobe managed to get things right. The Products are bundled in the creative Cloud now. You have the specific tools for what you need to do at hand and this is good because Adobe makes great tools which have matured into powerfull instruments. If you want to do things professionally use this.

Cons

Well Adobe Tools are tools for professionals. This means there is a steep learningcurve and it is not easy. There are serval paradigms you need to understand in the Adobe Way of doing things. If you manage this, you have no issues, especially because these things are done along the same lines in every Adobe product. I could criticize, that the subscription type of approach to monetisation is done in a seductive way, but actually, I always had the feeling of - well it IS worth the money. And it is...just when you plan to interrupt your subscription be sure to think about it because you will not be remembered.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

More professional, a lot easier to use, great tools for Images AND Video, perfect integration of tools into workflows with each other

Tara from Brainchild Design Studio

Indispensable

Creative Cloud is amazing. I am always excited by the potential Adobe offers, with powerful tools at my disposal, limited only by my expertise using them and my own imagination.

Pros

As a designer, I could not live without Adobe Creative Cloud, because it is the industry standard—every designer is using it. I love that Adobe constantly updates the software and then provides a 30-second walk-through tutorial when you open the program with the update, so the user evolves with the program. I love that all of the Adobe programs are available through Cloud so that you don't have to pick just the ones you most need, but you have access to all of them with your login. It it possible to learn the programs well enough to function through just the tutorials provided and the Help feature, and the programs have similar tools to make it easy to use skills from one program in another program. Typekit makes the same fonts available to every user, so the perpetual not-having-the-right-font problem is mitigated quite a bit.

Cons

I wish more non-designers used it so that I could share working files. Like anything, if you don't have the program, you can't open the files. I also miss the days when I actually owned Adobe programs—with everything Cloud-based, you need to be online to have full functionality, and there is a constant subscription fee. It was nice paying once and being done with it.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

QuarkXPress required a hardware dongle when I switched to Adobe, so it was many moons ago. My Quark dongle did not fit my new computer, and I needed Photoshop anyway, so I got it bundled with InDesign and Illustrator. Now if you want Adobe programs, you pretty much have to use Creative Cloud or suffer problems communicating with other designers/ production vendors.

Coree from LuLaRoe Coree Casinger

I'm on Creative Cloud Nine!

I am a photographer and digital designer, so Photoshop is my most used program. I have been wanting to branch out to use Illustrator, and was initially comprehensive about learning the new program. However, with the available tutorials that Adobe makes readily available, my hesitations to learn Illustrator have disappeared. No matter what I need to learn, what task I need to tackle, there is a video to help me along the way. A company that puts that much into making sure their users are comfortable with using their software ranks high on my list any day!

Pros

I was absolutely hesitant moving from the regular suite upgrades to having to pay a monthly subscription for the Adobe programs I use as a photography and digital designer. I put it off as long as possible, because if it's not broke, don't fix it. At least, that WAS my mentality. After my initial few months of the cloud subscription, I was in complete awe. Instead of having to wait a year or eighteen months for upgrades to programs I used, whether it was the tiniest tweak, or adding a new feature all together, I got it immediately. I got it when Adobe was ready to put it out, instead of having to wait. What this means is that Adobe can continue to improve their programs to be more intuitive, include larger samples for selections, and be more specific when selecting, without you having to wait. When an update has been made, BOOM! It's available. And I absolutely LOVE this feature! Well worth switching from the annual upgrades to the monthly subscription platform.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the Adobe Creative Cloud! Even if you have never used this software before, Adobe has a plethora of videos available to walk you through whatever aspect of design you are working on. From the most basic tasks, to the more time consuming tasks. They truly make it easy to maintain professional grade work with constantly up-to-date software.

Sheila from Sunny Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

The cream of the crop

I like that you can download an entire suite of programs to handle graphics, photo editing, publications, vector images, and even video editing with Premiere Pro. I don't think I've even scratched the surface of all the capabilities and functions of the Adobe Creative Cloud.

Pros

The Adobe Creative Cloud is the Rolls Royce of graphic design and video editing software. It's also the most expensive, but you get what you pay for. I taught myself via the extensive library of tutorials that exist on YouTube. It took years of practice and lots of patience, but once you get the hang of the tools and capabilities, the options are only limited to your creativity.

Cons

I don't like that the different programs within the suite have different shortcut functions. I wish they would standardize the keyboard shortcuts because when I switch back and forth between programs, I have to remember the shortcut keys for each program. For example, I'll be working on Illustrator, which uses ctrl+2 to lock a layer. Then I'll switch to InDesign and that uses ctrl+L to lock a layer. Also, I wish they would also offer the local software as opposed to strictly the subscription model. It's very expensive, especially for a solo practitioner.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Although GIMP has great functionality, I like that Creative Cloud offers other software as well. Sometimes, several softwares are sometimes needed for one design project.

Paul from CaptivateTeacher.com

Creative Cloud is Just Part of My Daily Workflow

Originally I had an older license for Just the standalone Photoshop and Media Encoder, which were included in a perpetual license of Adobe eLearning Suite. At first, when my business was getting started, it was painful to have to subscribe to the full Creative Cloud, but now that my business is doing well, I see the expense of Creative Cloud full of value and a necessary business expense I don't think twice about.

Pros

Like most users I don't use all the components of the software, however even only using Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat DC, Premiere Pro, Audition, Media Encoder and occasionally Adobe XD (less than half the apps) I still see the value as tremendous. Each application serves it's purpose extremely well and in almost all cases, the Creative Cloud apps represent the pinnacle of that applications marketplace.

Cons

While I appreciate the continuous improvement of all the applications, I only discover an application has been updated when I go to use it. Often my customized setup of the application is reset back to factory settings which can be annoying when I need to just use the app and get back to the rest of my workflow.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

When I was an employee of other companies, I used whatever applications they provided. When faced with not having a tool to solve specific tasks, I would often use free alternatives like GIMP as an alternative to Photoshop, or Audacity as an alternative to Audition. These applications would get you by. However, the consistency of using the Creative Cloud makes the learning curve for these applications go more smoothly. Adobe applications tend to be like other Adobe applications. Using Creative Cloud for several years has made me more proficient in all the workflows I need for my business.

Ryan from Tier4 Intelligence, LLC

Adobe opened so many doors when they released Creative Cloud.

Overall, I'll continue to use Adobe Creative Cloud. It does have its drawbacks and can be slow when performing certain actions, and it does lock up my computer from time to time, but the amount of value it provides for the small monthly subscription fee is absolutely insane. I've never seen something cost so little but provide so much value in all of my years in the technology industry. It's a must-have for any industry professional, whether creative, technical, or anyone else who has even a small need for Adobe's products.

Pros

- An easy to use application manager that allows you to find, download, and update your Adobe products within seconds (excluding download/install time) from your task bar - All of Adobe's products at your fingertips, including many that most have never heard of or used (I personally just learned about Adobe XD from their application manager last week and it's extremely useful for prototyping layouts) - Very affordable subscription. Instead of shelling out an insane amount of money per product, you can subscribe to Creative Cloud and have everything you need and more. Sure, at some point the money you've spent on the subscriptions could surpass just buying the products, but for startups it makes much more sense to go with the subscription option until you've really nailed down what products you need. Personally I've found it makes sense to continue using Creative Cloud even after I could have purchased the products I primarily use because of the additional benefits their subscription provides over purchasing the software outright such as access to their other products without any additional cost. - Even without using Bridge, everything in your workflow is integrated so well that you can get things done extremely efficiently. This is more of a application-specific pro than a general Creative Cloud benefit, but most applications can be run side-by-side and you can move resources between them as fast as your computer will allow with a couple keypresses, which is amazing.

Cons

- The size of the applications I feel could be reduced, and if they're not using a peer based download platform (even if the "peers" are their own servers) it'd help if they did to save on download and update time, which for some applications, especially the video and animation products, takes forever. - They really need to figure out what they're doing with Adobe Stock. It's bounced around from being free to having free options to having a free trial to having a set download limit and I've just given up going to Adobe Stock for anything and use other outlets for stock imagery and video. I understand promotions affect this, but what I've noticed is even for paid subscriptions it's been very inconsistent in their approach. - The application manager could be categorized or laid out better, it's easy to click "Install" on a new application that looks promising but it'd be nice if they sorted everything by the type of output media it creates so that you're not accidentally downloading an outdated Flash product while looking for new animation tools. They've grown quite a bit from Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash so filtering through the tons of tools they have now can be tough if they don't at least hint at what specific software is for.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

Pixlr only is for image editing, while Adobe Creative Cloud gives you access to multiple image editors and so much more.

Thomas from Self

Adobe Creative Cloud - All of my design needs right where I need them.

Overall, I believe that Adobe's Creative Cloud programs are really worth what you receive. I haven't used every program included in Creative Cloud, but the programs I DO use and depend make what I do as an artist possible. Great teaching tool.

Pros

I have been using Adobe's creative products for years, especially when they didn't even start organizing their Software brands with Abode Creative Cloud. The programs I mainly use within the Creative Cloud are Photoshop for illustration and design, while it's also very nice and convenient for me to design logos/type in Illustrator to later import into Photoshop for post-rendering. I've had mild experience with a few of their other products, such as InDesign and Aftereffects as well. Adobe After effects is their primary animation suite, and I've also had some great experiences with that program as well. All of the programs featured within the Creative Cloud Suite are very easy to learn and understand, in my personal experience, even though I may be biased considering how much experience I've had with these products over the years.

Cons

I wish there was an auto save function within the system. I've had many times where I simply forgot to save some amount of work, and while it's a good practice to save constantly on your own, this I could see definitely helping out in those situations. Otherwise, I don't really have any issues, other than some slight performance/optimization issues that may be more on my end. It would be much better if Adobe offered users the ability to buy their software instead of buying into subscription-based services.

Adobe Creative Cloud Review

My overall experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is that if you are looking for something to be done quickly, do not use this software as a beginner. However, if you have some time to teach yourself the products, then definitely go with Adobe Creative Cloud as it has a lot of great features and functionality to offer that create great, visually appeadling end products!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the various products that are enveloped inside of Adobe Creative Cloud. As a user experience and user interface designer, I need to design and create wireframes and prototypes, so I am able to use Adobe XD, and I also need to create visuals and logos, so I am able to use Illustrator and Photoshop for that. There are several products that each have different core features and functionality that help create the best visuals for a product which is very useful.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there is a steep learning curve. Even after watching tutorials, reading user guides, and following step-by-step instructions, I still had a difficult time at first to create an end product that looked how it was supposed to. After really sitting down and using the software for a few weeks was I finally able to learn the ins and outs and get the end products I had hoped for.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud

InVision was mainly only for prototyping and creating wireframes, and the business needed something that did that but also allowed for creation of grpahics.

Tabitha from Tucson Baptist Church

Software that gets the job done and is fun to use!

Overall, Adobe Creative Cloud is the primary software that allows me to create designs and send them to print. I really on it daily and daily it performs well! It has fantastic usability and I am constantly learning new things that it is capable of doing. There is a large online database of quality training and tutorials on this software.

Pros

Adobe Creative cloud is a set of fantastic programs that I use on a daily basis. As a graphic designer, I use Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Indesign the most. My favorite thing is how the programs work together so well. If i am working with vector art, I will use Adobe illustrator. I will add effects and coloring in Photoshop and finally bring it into Indesign for any print layout. Each program serves a unique purpose but works seamlessly as a set to accomplish the desired outcome. If you subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud, you will truly have all the software you would need as a creative entrepreneur or business individual.

Cons

I am disappointed that I have to pay for all the software included in the cloud. I wish there was an option to only pay for the programs that I use.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe is more than a program. It is a universal design language and it has a history and depth that cannot be matched by other, newer design programs. It is the chosen software of most design education and will be the most compatible software when working with other designers.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 6,773 reviews