Browse RevenueCat Reviews

David from Internet

Critical for running my subscription business

Happy customer!

Pros

Just works — provides server-side software and client-side APIs the Apple and Google should provide but don't. Useful charts Supports iOS, Android and many integrations It just works! No drama.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. It does its job well.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

Actually we did have our own homegrown software, client-side only for a while. Then thankfully we found RevenueCat and ditched that code, which had a few bugs and did so much less. Now as Apple and Google come up with new nonsense and hoops for people to jump through, RevenueCat just takes care of it!

Dakota from FreeSpvce LLC

Simple Solution for In-App Subscriptions

We turned to RevenueCat because of the hassle that exists trying to verify purchases manually. Doing this ourselves would mean setting up a server, handling all the different cases across the App Store and Play Store, and making sure this server is maintained and always live. For a small team like ours, this just wasn't viable and any potential money "saved" doing it ourselves would be lost in the time we would spend setting up our own solution. That would also mean extra time before an app can be released which would increase our time to market. RevenueCat handled everything we needed it to and took about a week to fully integrate.

Pros

RevenueCat made it really easy for us to implement In-App Subscriptions for our app with absolutely no prior experience in taking payments on mobile devices. It saved us the upfront cost of paying for our own server to verify purchases along with the potential months of headache to handle all of the different scenarios you need to plan for and handle with in-app purchases (buying, renewing, pausing, canceling, etc.) Being able to pull information directly from RevenueCat instead of hard-coding it into our app also meant we could have a single source of truth (the App Store/Google Play Store) where we would update our available products.

Cons

The only thing I wasn't a fan of (which has since been changed) was the payment model. When we first integrated it, the payment model was a fixed monthly rate versus the percentage cut that it is now. Extremely useful features like webhooks weren't accessible for us at the time because of this, but as I stated they've now changed this. Because of that, I cannot name anything I dislike about RevenueCat.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

The competitor we considered didn't look bad, but we trusted RevenueCat because large app companies were already using them.

A good tool but still need lots of work

Ok, could be much better but still the tradeoff between implementing everything and relying on it is still worth it

Pros

We decided to use revenuecat in order to have "one ring to rule them all" for our IoS and Android app to manage our products and subscriptions. It works fine (most of the times) and takes away that burden from us.

Cons

The key points that come to my mind are: - Calculated revenue is wrong! It does not match the actual app revenue since it does not take into account neither the day of the purchase exchange for the currency and also automatically uses USD dollars for everything - When some events happens RevenueCat is often quite slow in contacting our APIs to tell us about it. I reckon it might be due to the Store updates but still want to mention this since often it gave us problems in sync subscriptions purchases - Sometimes support has taken even 4-7 days to answer our emails and we had to ping them

I Need RevenueCat

Over all I am 100% happy. I can continue to be happy when you keep iterating as we all must in the subscription world.

Pros

I have to chose 1 thing? I can't. 1. I love how you built this for hardworking app developers. You saw the unmet need and you filled it with love. 2. I love your response from your team when I have a question or problem. 3. I love how you offer a very affordable service and when we want more features you hook us so we have to pay more but we like it ;)

Cons

Better communication with Apple when we update our price of subscription. Have that reflect on our charts side.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

We met them at WWDC. That helps. We heard about you before WWDC too. You were the right tool for the job at a scalable price.

Michael from Triggered

Quick and Convenient

Fantastic! Customer service has been incredible. Very impressed by the dashboards and the SDKs that you can use to implement into your app. I am honestly amazed and would highly recommend them.

Pros

As an app developer, I ran into several nuances with how different platforms have different requirements for processing payments. RevenueCat made it easy to implement In-App payments in a time when I was pressed for time. I also use Stripe and will be implementing Google Play IAP when they force it in fall 2020. RevenueCat makes it easy to combine all subscriptions into a nice dashboard where I can go to see and manage all of my subscriptions regardless of the platform.

Cons

I somewhat struggle with the thought of paying a small percentage of my revenue rather than paying a flat, monthly rate. Currently, with revenue so low, RevenueCat is definitely worth it. As revenue increases, I may have to consider implementing some of these webhooks myself to manage my own subscriptions.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

They had the SDKs I needed to integrate with capacitor applications

Sudipto from Routespunkt

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Using RevenueCat server from app inception to release to the App Store

The integration is stable. Once coded, I seldom need to revisit it. So, it's now a seamless experience for my users and the app

Pros

The integration mechanism into swift code base is detailed in RevenueCat docs. This made it possible to successfully integrate it. It is very helpful that testing in the sandbox is possible using a sandbox user

Cons

The concepts of Entitlements, Offerings, Products is difficult to memorize. It's good that RevenueCat has readily available detailed documentation to cover these concepts

Zafer from Enrich Mobile

App Subscription Business

Pros

Fast and easy implementation. Reliable in many aspects.

Cons

For big companies no problem at all but when you think of a startup and integration with other third parties you must pay for it. And the payment is not affordable for startups.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

i put revenue cat last but when i got bad experiences with other platforms, I turn to revenuecat. I am very satisfied with the performance.

Reasons for Switching to RevenueCat

reliability and accuracy issue.

Trond from yadev

Excellent, would absolutely recommend!

Pros

Very easy to use, did really like how they made a complicated process easy to integrate in apps. The SDK and documentations is just awesome with good written articles, examples, tutorials and also great youtube tutorial videos for getting started. Integrating in app purchasing/subscription in apps is a big hassle, a lot of stuff must be implemented in backend/frontend and must be 100% stable. RevenueCat just fix all that hassle for you so you can use your time on the important stuff, creating apps. It's free until you reach 10k USD/month, I would gladly pay for this service when reaching that amount and maybe do it sooner to access the extra features they provide.

Cons

The concept of Entitlements, Offerings and Products was not so self explaining at start and I had to read the documentation to understand it. However after integrating it into my apps I understand why it's very good way to go.

Mehmet Emin from Ray Informatics

Good Job ! Thanks for developing such a good experience for us.

It is really good, I really like the coming emails from the RevenueCat team. Product is really good from technical perspective but especially the charts can be more cool :) I hope you guys won't get offended but they look really old. I hope the analysis also will be improved in the future. I am in a small team but me and my business partners will continue using RevenueCat and also for the projects that we will be develop in the future. We are again considering using RevenueCat.

Pros

Implementation of subscription type of in-app payment actions actually hard to handle in long-term and the server-side of such an implementations also really time taking actions for small businesses like ours. So, RevenueCat provides really good way to handle in-app payments and it is easy implement. I really like that.

Cons

The user interface and the analysis part can be improved.

Exactly what I needed!

Pros

I like how the setup is very easy and fast, and it has all the feature I needed especially the one source of truth. I am currently using it for free, and thats a major plus as my app grow and sales grow I will be joining the paid plan which is very fair considering the benefits and the revenue I will be making. Having react-native library was a major plus for me as well.

Cons

Nothing, really. If I had to say something I would say that when I tested on sandbox, I experienced some delays for test users to show on the dashboard, but that is not really a major issue and most of the time its working just fine.

Oskar from TUNED BKT UG (haftungsbestränkt)

Flutter App Development w/ RevenueCat

I am very satisfied with this service and hope to use it for the next years to come.

Pros

Implementing custom billing structures that are reliable and secure is difficult. When building our app, RevenueCat made the implementation process much easier. It allowed us to quickly implement subscriptions and in-app purchases with Apple and Google Play.

Cons

Since I've been working with this software (for 3 months now). I have not encountered any problems, and if so, the support team was quick to help me solve them.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

Our requirements left us with no other options than RevenueCat.

Niels from coParenter

Industry: Individual & Family Services

RevenueCat Evaluation

We love the value that RevenueCat has brought us. It's honestly saved us thousands of man hours if we had not used them. During covid-19 our business has been hit hard and had to get rid of other services but RevenueCat we never one them we thought we could do without.

Pros

The ease of use to plug directly into our Flutter Application.

Cons

The Charting with Churn Reporting is completly broken. We've been keeping track of every cancellation and failed payment internally and we have drastictly different numbers on the daily numbers. Because of this our subscription count will jump up and down on the dashboard and show weird daily numbers that start off for the previous day way higher that it should be and then reduce down to where they should be in a day or two. We love RevenueCat and what it gives us and as a startup ourself, we understand growing pains. We have a internal meme that there is someone at RC is manually adding the numbers and doing it wrong and then on Mondays someone else is manually adjusting them! All in good fun!

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

We've been with Revenue Cat now over 2 years and been through the growing pains together and we would not have it any other way! When we first looked at the product it seemed like this would be a much better choice than trying to build all this ourselves for iOS and Android. And the decsision was the right one!

Maciej from stoic

no brainer for small mobile app

when i started building our app RevCat was a no-brainer. now, when we grow and have $30k revenue monthly, the product starts to be a little bit pricy. in the future, we may consider building our own system and use native apple api. what could hold us at RevCat is a possibility to reach to users who cancel their paying plan and send a push notification with a special offer.

Pros

- easy setup for a developer - i did it a long time ago and since then it works perfectly - dashboard with charts that i check almost daily to have an idea of how many users we have on trials/how is the app performing. - MOST IMPORTANT: i can instantly see if the new version converts users to a paid plan better.

Cons

- there are bugs in the iOS iAPs, so it's hard to point where the fault is, but some of our users complain that they can't restore purchases on their second device. RevCat support suggested they can remove the app and redownload - and that helps... but it is a lot of work for a new user.

Simon from RepCount

A must have for cross platform indie developers

Pros

Super easy integration and saved months of development time for cross platform subscriptions. The SDK also helps out tremendously when doing customer support. And it saves a bunch of time when building support for new subscription features or when configuring products. Signing up for RevenueCat was one of the best things I have done for my company!

Cons

The charts are a bit slow to update and don't seem to be accurate when it comes to revenue from countries that have VAT added to the price. For example, the revenue from countries like Sweden, where I have a large percentage of my customers, is reported as having a take home percentage of 70%. The real number is around 55% due to VAT, so the charts are inflated.

Chad from AppsolutelyFun LLC

An amazing service for facilitating the development of StoreKit-enabled apps

Pros

I give RevenueCat a truly enthusiastic recommendation. Apple does not make it easy to get up and running with StoreKit-enabled apps; RevenueCat eliminates all the pain from developing those apps, cutting out months of development time. Not only is the service exemplary, but so is their documentation and their customer service, even for their lowest-level "Build" plan. The RevenueCat team know they are investing in the future of those who use RevenueCat, so they provide prompt, professional support to RevenueCat's users. I can recommend RevenueCat without reservation. Don't pass up the opportunity to use this exemplary service!

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about the service— it's really that good.

Harry from Zaminiti

Great platform for integrating subscriptions into your iOS app.

It's been great, no problems so far.

Pros

RevenueCat makes it easy to keep track of receipts, and I also enjoy using the metrics recorded as a basis for future decisions.

Cons

Nothing serious that I don't like. But, if I were to nitpick, the charts could use an UI refresh. They're looking a little old.

Asher from CareClinic Software Inc.

Good to manage subscription billiong

Pros

We like the fact that it saves us from building out our own subscription management system. It has enabled us to focus a lot more on helping our customers succeed.

Cons

Reporting can be improved and additionally more integrations can be made available for a lower fee for indie developers.

Tyler from Dont Text

Easy Setup For First Time App Developer

Pros

The software was super easy to implement. This is the first iOS app I ever created and scraped my way through countless tutorials to get here. My app was ready to launch but I was overwhelmed by payments. I want to do it manually but found it way to confusing. I heard about RevenueCat and thought it was too good to be true. I followed the QuickStart guide and had it up and running in a couple days. Now I've sold my first in app purchases and this is the first time in my development career I've made money from my code.

Cons

There was no SwiftUI example app at the time I was using the docs. I know there is now, also more detail for app extensions would be helpful.

Mahmoud from Habit360

Great for Startups

It saves my time, by two days you can integrate the service into your app by testing all cases and using all their features! If you need to implement them without using a SaaS, you need more than 1 month (with a bunch of bugs:))

Pros

It's really easy to implement. It has great features such as defining offers from the Console and push them to clients with just one click! I really like it, and recommend it. Thanks to RevenuCat team for their Service.

Cons

It's great, no Cons! But if there's a way to send Promotional subscription to users who don't subscribe to the app. I mean if I (the owner of the app) want to send a gift to a user, I could send them a promotional subscription for 3 months for example using the RevenuCat console.

Yasarcan from Bosphorus Mobile LLC

Must Use!

I love RevenueCat and happy to use it.

Pros

It's very easy to use. Charts are wonderful.

Cons

RevenueCat needs to support Huawei Android Market. Price Experiments needs to added in Analyze package.

Andor from Davoti Solutions

Don’t look further

Just amazing, everything just works as expected. No complaints.

Pros

Trying to implement subscription handling on my own was a time consuming mess. You have to learn multiple platforms and stay up to date if anything changes. After discovering RevenueCat I had my subscription handling in my React Native app up in a couple hours. Just amazing!

Cons

I think a more detailed pricing section would be good, I had to email you guys to ask if it’s really free for so long.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

Because it offers a free trial which is more affordable to start out with.

Reasons for Switching to RevenueCat

It was just not as stable as I know RevenueCat is.

Ying from Taio.app

RevenueCat is the goto solution for in-app purchases

I spent only a few days to implement the entire purchase workflow for my app, including UI and logic. They even provide a nice checklist for launching, which seems really handy. Also, I enjoy using their website, it's so well made.

Pros

Significantly saves effort on building in-app purchases.

Cons

They haven't deployed SSL Pinning to avoid MitM attack, I would suggest doing that as soon as possible.

Usman from Usman Tariq

RevenueCat is the Best Cat

Overall experience is really satisfying. I mean implementing IAP in less than 6 hours is amazing. I can spend this else where in the development process.

Pros

The best thing about using RevenueCat was ease of use. The documentation is so well written. Moreover the helpful auto emails during the integration process helped me a lot ok every step.

Cons

So far so good. Nothing bad about the product yet. Only concern is what if Apple someday decides to stop third parties from handling IAP. What will be the get out plan from RevenueCat

Svyatoslav from Finmentor

Industry: Investment Management

Great for startup

Pros

It's an easy-to-integrate and powerful product for adding in-app purchases to your app

Cons

I still don't have cons about RevenueCat

Reasons for Switching to RevenueCat

I want to be focused on my business and don't want to think about infrastructure for in-app purchases. The RevenueCat solves this problem. I don't need to write code for payment validation or struggle with the native flutter library because of the differences between AppStore and Google Play payment processes.

Zaur from DevStars.App

Not all features used yet, but I like RC.

I've tried to use some counterparts, but eventually decided to use RC owing to accessibility and good functionality.

Pros

- simple to integrate - good AppStore IAP support (didn't used Android side yet) - quick support team responses (I am very appreciated, guys! Keep it up!) - good documentation - most cases are described, even StoreKit testing - RC is mature comparing to counterparts, hence RC has more features implemented than counterparts

Cons

- not all corner cases covered, but not critical as we realised

Chris from Soft Pageant Designs

This is so easy

Pros

So much easier than setting subscriptions up yourself. And for a small developer it is free until you start making real money! What a great model

Cons

Maybe I have not been using it long enough, but I can find nothing so far that I feel needs to be improved

Luis from Target Engenharia e Consultoria Ltda

Easy to set up and run

We've implemented our IAP with RC, and we've deployed it at Apple Store. Take a look at [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

It simplifies the implementation of IAP, abstracting the difficulties of each platform (Apple, Google).

Cons

The price of the webhook feature is a little high, I think.

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

To have a shorten development path.

Jamie from smudge.io Pty Ltd

Why would you use anything else?

Pros

To successfully manage iOS App Store subscriptions, you need to have a server component. You can roll your own solution and troubleshoot and support it, or you can use Revenue Cat for free (up until $10k/mth revenue). You get access to a Dashboard and all of the essentials services for subscriptions, and if you want detailed reports, you can pay a nominal amount for access. Using Swift Package Manager, it easily integrated into an existing Objective C codebase, without requiring third party package managers.

Cons

Would be nice to have access to reports in the free tier, but not unreasonable to only have the dashboard.

Saurabh from GoForth Tech Ventures

Awesome product that reduces the development time for implementing in-app purchases drastically

Pros

- Decent documentation - Easy to use and implement. - The free pricing tier truly takes the risk out of implementing this software.

Cons

- None so far. I have been using them for a month now and yet to face any issues. - Documentation examples could certainly use some improvement.

Revenue Cat is Awesome

Enabling In App Purchases for my Apps

Pros

It takes a super complicated purchases API of Apple and makes it a breeze to work with

Cons

None so far. We have not found any issues so far

Kirill from PPL Po Polsku

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great way to start with subscriptions

Pros

Easy way to start with monetisation without having the server for subscriptions

Cons

A bit more analytics would be great. I wouldn’t expect it in free plan though.

Carlos Eduardo from OvinoPro

Excellent!

Pros

Ease to integrate Removes a lot of boiler plate code Makes it possible to track and validate purchases for AppStore without backend Can track the user (purchaser) by ID, which is not possible in native in app purchase libs

Cons

It would be great if the pricing plans could be adjusted to other countries.

Volodymyr from Yahenskyi Dev

Industry: Program Development

Top-class product

Pros

Super easy integration, saved me a lot of time.

Cons

There are no cons. I would definitely recommend RevenueCat.

Robin from Plop

Life saver

Pros

RevenueCat is easy to use and well documented. Highly recommend.

Cons

It’d be great if there’s an app version.

Dong from Dong Wang

Industry: Computer Games

RevenueCat is a saver for Indie mobile developers if they don't want invest time on backend.

So far so good.

Pros

For iOS subscription, you have to use backend server to verify receipt, but for many Indie iOS developer who don't have experience on backend server, RevenueCat is a saver. If RevenueCat don't change the price for starter Indie developer, like revenue below $100,000 / month, RevenueCat will not charge for the user, I will thank for RevenueCat understand the situation of starter Indie developer. If one day, I can get revenue more than $100,000/month, I will definitely pay for the good service for RevenueCat.

Cons

Hope more display information on Dashboard for free version.

Anıl from Mellon

ProsCons

Pros

Easy to use, easy integration, good platform

Cons

You don't have any official app for checking statistics.

Douglas from The PATG Group, Inc.

Disappointed in the basics

Liked it at first but it is souring on me quickly

Pros

It does have a free trial that is functional and allows us an opportunity to evaluate

Cons

Absolutely crap reporting functions unless you pay them for the monthly service and no integrations worth anything unless you shell out 500+ a month in fees

Reasons for Choosing RevenueCat

Ease of use that was touted

Karthik from Stilt

Easy to use and well documented, great value for money

Great

Pros

- Ease of integration - Documentation - Support

Cons

- Product setup (entitlements, packages etc) is quite confusing

Asher from Zerin Technologies

Industry: Program Development

Great Product, but a Little Expenisve for New Companies

Pros

Was pretty straightforward setting things up for the most part, but every time I ran into a problem support was always willing to help. Was a very good experience.

Cons

Pricing seems a little high for the tier above free especially when you aren't sure how well your app is going to succeed.

Alexandre from Litso AI

Great service so far

Pros

Super easy set up with clear documentation and good SDK, subscription was integrated in a few hours. Makes developing subscription-based apps a breeze!

Cons

Basic analytics and customer filters are disabled for the free version of there service

Giles from Explore and Create

A simple, solid tool for managing in-app purchases

It made it easy to add in-app purchases to Frames.

Pros

A simple, solid service. It does just what you need. Makes handling the App Store simple.

Cons

Further help with managing non-renewing subscriptions would be good.

An from Altechs

Good service

Pros

This product help me save time for manage subscriptions. Easy setup.

Cons

Im feeling all good until now. I will use this for my next products