All OneSignal Reviews

Krunal

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Best site for marketing email

It is sending needy information to the user who used to take an interest in our app or site, and this is trying to back our users to the site and app, so it is very problem-solving for the company, which needs marketing and continues to make the interest of the user in our product, that's it, and use of API is straightforward to make our products more, and this is also a part of this

PROS

The Onesignal app is used to send small or push notifications to mobile, email, or the web; this is useful software in the company. I think, because of its marketing purpose, it is excellent. We also try this, which gives us perfect marking options like email marketing and some app marketing; with this, we send some additional information to the user for using our app or site and make more interest in our service. It is basically API based, so we start with a trial version, and I think it is perfect to create our new site or app marking with the help OneSignal. I recommend it

CONS

I think our company is significantly related to it, but at this time we do not find any dislike from it, it is effortless to use and gives us very related information about users also

Marcius

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Popular tool, but limited unless you pay more

Depending on what you want, OneSignal might be for you, either for free or pretty expensive, in my opinion. If you want it just as a tool for push notification, then it does it and it does it pretty great. No flaws there. But you do need to know how to use it and integrate it. It's not as straighforward and easy to use as some would like. And if you want more features, depending on what you want, be prepared to pay extra... It's one of the popular solutions for premade apps, so out of necessity I use it, and I might say I even prefer it over Firebase as I didn't encounter as many problems with it as I did when using Firebase. Integrating it with pre-made apps is what made it pretty easy to use for me - but keep in mind that I'm a bit experienced with technical things and can understand them. Even if you're not, there are probably videos you can find that'll guide you through doing whatever you might want to achieve with it. Thank this to the awesome community build around it.

PROS

OneSignal has many features. So many that in fact it might be overwhelming for people. They not only offer push notifications, but SMS and emails as well... at an extra cost either to them, or a external provider for SMS. You are pretty unlimited with the free plan, but that's where everything stops, because if you need to use this tool beyond the very basic, then you'll need to get on the paid plan. Since it's so popular there is extensive documentations and videos that will show you how to do almost anything you want to do with it. They also have a lot of integrations with various tools.

CONS

Extra costs for tags, which is pretty crazy since a big ecommerce store might have over 500 tags. It does sometimes feel that each feature is added as a "money grab" opportunity, like everything has a price tag. For example Basic A/B testing and Advanced - just so that if you want the advanced one, you must get into the higher plan.

Reasons for switching to OneSignal

Firebase is much more complicated and if there is any possibility of error, Firebase will probably have it.

Dave

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed October 2018

Nothing seems to work and sup[port hasnt been able to help at all

PROS

the concept is fantastic. Unfortunately with my experience they dont seem to deliver what is promised

CONS

Its very difficult to set up to a working standard (still not achieved even with support) despite it being an easy plugin. I can not get ANY subscribed users to actually receive any notifications. I have tried ALL troubleshooting options to no avail. 1/10 As support is in another country its more or less impossible for me to get any help.

Hi Dave. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty getting OneSignal working. Our support team is based in the United States. We strive to reply to all support messages within 24 hours during the business week and help every client get successfully set up. We'd love for you to give us another shot.

Replied October 2018

Jared

Machinery, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

The best software for marketing.

It is a much needed software as we are able to maintain a great connection with our clients, we have increased our client database, our clients are now attracted to our services, the interaction is very good and it has very good email automation and receptive on the part of our clientele.

PROS

It is a simple software to configure, sending notifications is very fast, it makes it easy to always offer the best to our customers, we attract our customers thanks to the multiple functions that OneSignal offers, it is a very fast system, it has powerful customer segmentation, It is essential for us and for attracting new customers.

CONS

On one occasion notifications were delayed, we don't know why, but it has been a great concern for which we have not received a response. They must provide an answer to concerns that we are generally unaware of.

Prabhakar

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Best and feature-packed tool for push notification

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this tool. It has all the features that I need for push notifications and sending offers to my audience.

PROS

I use it to send push notifications to my website visitors. Using OneSignal, I collect notifications from subscribers and send them notifications related to new posts, offers, and updates. The best thing about this tool is that it is very easy to set up. You can customize and set it for different platforms like chrome, safari, android, ios, edge, etc. The analytics feature is also very good which allows me to view the customer journey, notification history, etc. It also supports multiple CMS like WordPress, Shopify, Blogger, Magento, Wix, Squarespace, Joomla, etc.

CONS

It should have a feature to remove inactive and duplicate subscribers.

Richard

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

I'm so glad I found OneSignal for web push notifications!

My overall experience with OneSignal has been overwhelmingly positive

PROS

I was looking for a web push notification solution and had thought I would implement myself but the more I looked into it the more I realised this was a fairly complicated thing to do. Then I discovered OneSignal and they had done all the hard work for me. It was really simple to integrate with my website and I was able to get started for free which was great. I needed some assistance with a configuration issue and can vouch for their technical support. I was up and running with web push notifications in no time.

CONS

Honestly, I am yet to find any cons about using OneSignal for web push notifications

Reason for choosing OneSignal

I chose OneSignal for fit for purpose, ease of use and value for money

Zeeshan

Program Development, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

OneSignal Product Review 2024

OneSignal's standout feature are journeys, which enable users to create highly personalized and automated communication flows. These journeys help optimize every step of our communication funnel by allowing us to target specific segments of our audience with tailored messages at the right time. From onboarding new users to re-engaging dormant ones, OneSignal's journeys empower us to deliver timely and relevant notifications, leading to improved user engagement and conversion rates.

PROS

Ease of implementation and use. Their documentation is robust, well written, and very easy to understand, and on top of that they have video tutorials on YouTube. They also have amazing support! I have only needed help from them once, while trying to use push notifications to update a Live Activity in iOS. I contacted them via their online chat system and got a very quick response. They stayed engaged until I had things working on my end. Brit in particular was super helpful! I can't recommend them strongly enough.

CONS

Absolutly nothing. There is no downside to using this service.

Shereen

Newspapers, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great push alert system for news organizations

We use OneSignal to reliably push notifications to thousands of our newspaper readers about breaking news, weather events and emergencies. This keeps readers informed, while benefiting our organization by sending traffic to our site.

PROS

Works well to push notifications about breaking news and other important stories to readers of our online newspaper. Works especially well for desktop users.

CONS

It is difficult for users to figure out how to opt out of notifications if they change their minds later, which has led to some problems. Not easy to configure for iOS.

Gustavo

Newspapers, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Easy implementation!

We could implement segmentation.

PROS

API functionalities are awsome, we integrate Onesignal with our CMS.

CONS

I expected to have a frontend in spanish.

Emre

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Developer friendly service

Sending huge amount of notification at the same time.

PROS

The most helpful thing is super easy integration. Huge sdk support, well documented API and message templates are upsides of OneSignal

CONS

We can only delete subscription but we want to delete devices sometimes.

Ale

Newspapers, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2018

best push notification

We use on our magazine to brodcast new content and promotion to our readers. IS VERY GOOD!

PROS

I bought a another app but i switch to one signal. We use in our magazine, we send more than 100.000 notification daily. - Insanly good notification service - can track reach, click and other stats - integrate with wordpress (they have plugin) - can segment audience - can send manual push notification - Can integrate native and with popup - Easy to use - Can send automatic notification and schedule - Integrate with alot of other service like Mautic or Zapier. - IS FREE! Support is amazing, i do request add UTM code to track, and they help me to implement on the code. Later they add the option in the plugin. So they help and wanna improve the product. This is one of the best way to reach your audience.

CONS

Not really. Is very good. Maybe the install is kind tricky is you dont have any experience with code or install. But overall is one of the best service i use. I dont have any complain or issue. Work perfect.

Anshuman

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Best for Push Notifications

PROS

OneSignal is the best pushy notification service for Android and IOS apps. I used to integrate FCM in my projects but most of the times, the notifications weren't delivered. When switching to OneSignal, I discovered reliability and cost effectiveness.

CONS

They dashboard experience can be improved a bit. The dashboard is quite complex and on using for the first time, it seemed too complicated for me.

Moh

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Onesignal is always my favorite for customer engagement

PROS

With the helps of one signal push notifications we can drive more traffic to our websites. One Signal provides great custom dashboard through which we can automate and schedule push notifications and save our time.

CONS

One signal is powerful software for push notifications.

Reviewed February 2019

The Best Push Notification Service Around!

Love it!

PROS

I absolutely love this software! I use it daily and am happy to pay for then upgrade because it helps me to reach, retain, and reconnect with my site visitors without me giving it much thought. Truly set and forget.

CONS

If you can. Integrate with just a few more email providers it would be awesome!

Kimber

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

a safe and easy-to-use way to communicate with customers

PROS

in the finance industry, we need to sometimes get information to customers very quickly or on a very regular basis. doing this is easy with onesignal

CONS

onesignal makes staying connected to customers easy and affordable.

Rachna

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

OneSignal is best for push Notification

PROS

My most liked feature of OneSignal is it's segmentation. It provide very good insight about the user interaction and its behavior. Also AI delivery is my favorite as it improve the click rates of our notification.

CONS

There is the only things that i least like about onesignal is that it does not allow to export user data into excel like with android device ID, so if i need to switch the account i may loose my all customer.

Osama

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Easy to use messaging system for Mobil App

Customer support is fast. Web interface is a breeze. Generous allowance on the free plan.

PROS

OneSignal has a friendly and easy to use interface. We have used the free version and it really shines. The limits on the software are very generous compared to others. We have only used the Mobile notifications. We have not tryed the web and iOS messages, yet. It has a lot of reporting and statistics on the push notifications.

CONS

Paid plan starts at $99. You have to use firebase to set it up. Firebase is relatively easy to get.

Reason for choosing OneSignal

Unlimited messages on Mobile. Free plan is very good.

Reasons for switching to OneSignal

More subscribers in OneSignal.

Kelsey

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

A Lifesaver

I would definitely recommend OpenSignal to any other organization who chooses to undertake a project such as the one we are currently completing.

PROS

OpenSignal was adopted by my organization when we began to implement wireless technology in our emergency response vehicles. When operating a computer aided dispatch system, it’s critical that first responders have access to the information they need at the moment they need it. OpenSignal enabled us to understand the connectivity and speeds available in different areas of our jurisdiction, and that information has enabled us to make informed decisions on the best ways to implement our systems.

CONS

There really isn’t anything that I disliked about OpenSignal. It served its purpose and did so flawlessly.