All Flock Reviews

Siti Saleha

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2022

Communication and ideas collaboration

PROS

I love the commentaries on the images feature. Flock is a fantastic tool for swiftly sharing visual insights. I love how you can make comments and doodle directly on photographs within the application. Also, the interface is more superficial than Slack, and it has a "spacious" feel to it. I also enjoy that it includes build-in assistance to aid you in learning the ropes.

CONS

The least I like, and also the one that has to be improved, is that specific files are not readily available and occasionally become missing, but this is not a significant issue because it does not occur frequently. When using the software, it feels a little complicated. Overall, it still performs admirably for a variety of tasks.

Jeremy

Program Development, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Streamline Communication and bring your team together!

With flock we set reminders during meetings when we need to circle back to a discussion. We have pinned posts that are important for the team to refer back to often. We have utilized the video chat room for offsite meetings.

PROS

Flock is easy to learn and utilize. It makes communicating with your team simple. We have people in the office and out of the office so keeping everyone on the same page can be a challenge. Flock helps us communicate throughout the week, stay on task and make sure everyone has the information they need readily accessible. There are two features that a previous company we had didn't offer. Flock offers a Do Not Disturb feature which has helped. You can also delete posts which is a benefit that other group messaging companies do not offer.

CONS

I haven't come across any cons yet. Our experience with Flock has truly been positive.

Reasons for switching to Flock

Stride was merging with another company. We took that opportunity to check out the market and discovered flock. We are glad we made the switch.

Norah

Utilities, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Flock: A Must Have BIM Tool

PROS

Everything from instant messaging, team collab to live chat are the most iconic aspects.

CONS

Push notifications delay when the mobile application is low.

Eric

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Leaves More to be Desired

We tried the paid version but we stick to the free version for what we need - it's really too much of a hassle to switch now

PROS

I like the user interface, it's clean and for the most part, works for what we need.

CONS

You can't DM multiple people, hard to manage a lot of different conversations which we need a lot in our organization. There's parts of the UX that is just clunky and annoying. I wish the chat would stay at the last viewed message, but it doesn't - so you're left scrolling up and figuring out where you left off.

Reasons for switching to Flock

This seemed like a better option - but long term it wasn't. We were looking for something more secure - but some UX things made this difficult or annoying which made a lot of our team not want to use it which hurt our productivity.

Joseph

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Unlocking the Power of BIM with Flock

Large file sharing and business instant messaging.

PROS

With Flock, I am less relieved the hassle of sending documents to other departments via online sending.

CONS

Flock alone do support video conferencing.

Brooke

Retail, 201-500 employees

Not so bad

My company enjoys the ease of using Flock to communicate between our different buildings at work and between different departments for an easy and fast response to questions or issues

PROS

I like that you can share different things via flock like google docs, codes, etc.

CONS

You have to pay extra for them to save your messages-- frequently we lose past messages because they disappear after so long

Reasons for switching to Flock

Skype wasn't as professional as Flock is. Flock also has additional features that we liked.

Eva

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Flock

We use it for interoffice communication so we don't always have to get up and go find a person. We message each other and some of have it on our phones as well so we are able to see our messages when we are away from the computer. It makes things easier and a lot more convenient.

PROS

It is easy to use, you can share files.

CONS

i don't know

Reasons for switching to Flock

First we had HipChat and it changed to Stride and then they said Stride was going away and suggested Flock as a replacement.

Kendra

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Flock Review

PROS

I like that it is simple to understand and use. I also like that you can make groups and have private groups.

CONS

I don’t like the notification process, the email is a little much to remind me that I missed a message.

Reason for choosing Flock

Those were more complicated.

Reasons for switching to Flock

This one was similar and easier to use for a large group

Jovana

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Make Your Flock Communicate With Ease

When compared with the competition, particularly Slack, it is better in many aspects. It is visually more appealing and communication is more transparent. It is also an easy to use tool and a recommendable alternative to Slack.

PROS

I love the clean and appealing user interface so much! I always troubled with communication tools that are super functional but the UI somehow creates clutterish feeling -- you are getting lost in all the exchange, you miss important info in a chat that seems to suddenly disappear. Flock

CONS

Maybe some less taxing ideas about notification. Sending an email following a missed message is crowding my inbox. But overall, I can't think of any serious dislikes.

Reasons for switching to Flock

I tend to think that Slack is messy and I am looking for a cleaner and more transparent alternative.

Obhioze

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Flock for Everyone

PROS

Flock streamlines internal communications via instant messaging and live chat.

CONS

No serious troubles but the vendor should incorporate robust video conferencing tools.

Lindsay

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great for multi users

Simple install, seamless to use and very helpful when working with a large office. It's great for productivity opposed constantly having to physically gather to share information.

PROS

This is very easy to use and great for multiple users!

CONS

I'd love to use it as a multiuser for loved ones if there were a free version.

Reason for choosing Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process.

Reasons for switching to Flock

I'm not certain as I was not apart of the decision process but, I'm happy we did :)

Judith

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Wonderful Product

This has been a real saving time saving issue because I can

PROS

This software replaced a cheap messaging program we used internally. It allows us to communicate desk to desk without having to leave an office which now that Covid is limiting mobility, this works well. I am able to select a couple of computers that are support staff and create a team message so I don't have to repeat the message to them separately. Something I just discovered is that this is a cloud based software so while I was out of the office I could still use my Flock program to communicate with the office because I had it loaded on a PC in my remote location and I had internet access. This saved me from having to VPN to the office to access my desktop Flock icon. I like that emoji's were added so text can have some feelings. I can reply to a specific post or I can generate a new reply. And there is so much more that is available in this software that we haven't used yet.

CONS

I would like to be able to have distinctive sounds assigned to specific computers so that when a message comes from a particular computer, there is a recognizable sound that I've assigned to that computer and I know then who it is from. The program minimizes and if I'm interviewing a tax client, I don't want to break the interview to review the message if I suspect it isn't immediately important.

Reason for choosing Flock

We chose to use the free Flock service and it has been more than we ever expected!

Reasons for switching to Flock

unreliable - kept crashing and wasn't easy to reinstall

Reviewed July 2019

Small office use

Flock is one of the better programs for small offices. The ability to create groups with fellow workers helps to speed up the process of cooperation. Pinned Chats are great as they help you keep the most active members of your team in a spot where you don't have to look for them. The To Do list is very helpful especially since I've learned how to use the "to do bot". Files are kept very organized and are helpful when needing to grab something from a few weeks ago.

PROS

Ease of use - the interface is very simple to use. Any person on any level of Tech knowledge can use this. Clean UI - The User Interface (UI) is laid out to where you learn where items are real quick. You have Pinned Chats, Open Chats and can search your most recent chats with no problem. There is a directory of users who are in your team. I also use the To Do Bot a ton. Using that automation bot to keep up with task and things that need to be done are worth the time reading the F.A.Q.'s.

CONS

Every time it's installed on a PC you have to have a specific code to key in. This can be tiresome or a time waste when installing on 30+ machines. Should just allow you do add people from an Admin panel and they not have to enter a code.

Debjit

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2018

One of the simple and easy collaboration tool for my team.

I love the Idea of on-screen tutorials which is annoying first but collapsible later. Participance can now show their screen so no more blind guesses and solves problems quicker then ever.No more email for the customer. Now customer confusions participant directly to participants development process and share their thoughts when I progrrame their software. collaboration makes my work breez.

PROS

You can simply do all your team management in one place. here are some of the things I like the most of this service. Share screen with participents, on a video call. Share docs(also supports google docs) , ask for a pool , add code snippets . this make my life simper.No more long and time consuming email conversions. You just do all live chat and no more confutions. You can add many popular software to your flock account. I think it is an simple colaboration tool which makes my freelance life easyer. I love myspace for quick private note taking facility, which helps me Evaluate/Modify my work for later.

CONS

When I set it up for the first time it took 2 onscreen demos how to use it, I was annoying at first but with time this onscreen tutorial helps me find options else hiden.I would love to see a collapciable left bar(Cant find till now.)

Lewis

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Flock is awesome. All you hear about is Slack Slack Slack. Flock is way better bang for your buck!

PROS

It's very cost effective, the features are great, UI is easy and intuitive, and it's a no brainer in these times of increased remote work due to Coronavirus.

CONS

screenshare would be good. I would like if that was a feature.

Better bang for buck

Sonalisa

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Convenient and improving product!

Flock is a nice and easy-going communication platform and has made our lives easy in corporate communication and mostly during this remote working phase. Keep improving and bringing in new and cool features.

PROS

1. Easy to understand and operate 2. 'Read by' feature helps a lot. 3. The distinguishing red mark on mentions is a great experience. 4. The variety of stickers and emojis are great.

CONS

1. The DND feature can be better. 2. The reaction emojis can be more (please add more relevant ones like - facepalm, a simple smile, etc) 3. Provide notification tone changes in the app version of it. 4. The recent chants are lost whenever one makes a hard refresh. Please retrieve the chats back. 5. The search feature can be made efficient (add date-wise search and improve the current search) 6. When a file is pinned, please have a method to show the message on the chat as well.

Megan

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Organized chaos

I am apart of a chairty educational group, we discuss many different ideas and it is with great ease to have the different chat groups to topics instead of one cluttered mess or overstocked email folder.

PROS

The option to be able to have different threads of topics in different chats and the option to add polls.

CONS

I have not yet experienced a con on this software

Reasons for switching to Flock

Better organization and face front

Emily

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Keeping in contact with your team

Flock is definitely a great addition to any work environment where constant team communication is a must, the software is full of many wonderful features and addons to help make your work experience that much smoother.

PROS

Flock is like many chatting software , but it adds way more than most. It's very easy to use and eliminates the need to walk over to a coworkers desk or having to wait for them to reply to your email. Its made in office communication extremely easy in my place of work. Flock also incorporates many apps that you can have link to it to help with work tasks such as their to do list.

CONS

I'm constantly having to restart Flock, because of all their constant updates. There was this glitch I was having for awhile where I would lose my previously pinned conversations and they would just disappear til the person messaged me again on that same stream. Other than that my only con is that when using the free version they remove access to past conversations from 2 months ago.

Siddharth

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Premium features in superb pricing! One of the best communication apps I have used!

Easy to get work done with this as my primary communication app.

PROS

1. Love the number of integrations possible, they have an app store. For example, I can create a task on Todoist by using /Todoist inside flock. 2. Loads fast compared to other similar types of communication apps. 3. Keyboard shortcuts. 4. Ability to create notes, polls, and to-dos. 5. File sharing feature is superb. 6. Multiple organization capabilities. 7. Ability to create reminders.

CONS

1. I think the only con is that there are too many updates, have to keep restarting the app when they update.

Gus

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Flock for Everyday User

Group as well as related personal communications are in one space. Particularly like getting away from social media platforms - keeps from having all your eggs in one basket.

PROS

Flock replaces email and makes communication almost instantaneous. Like any software product, it takes some getting used to – flow, process, etc.. Once we learned how to use Flock, it was easily integrated into our business process. "Data" sharing is an essential part of the Flock experience, especially where, for a group, access to shared information is concerned. Central point of contact also proves to be beneficial.

CONS

There's the thought of integrating a video component. Would one-stop-shop be a detriment in this case?

Mike Lester