All Google Drive Reviews

Must Get !

Jonathan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

PROS

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

CONS

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.

Jesse

Media Production, 1 employee

Google Drive is (almost) the backend of my business

Overall Google Drive has been wonderful to use. Earlier this year I tried to switch over to Dropbox (I store my clients’ final videos there because it works better for large files) but there was too much of Drive that I missed.

PROS

As a user of Gmail, Google Drive is the hub for all of my documents and assets. It’s super easy to add assets to a folder straight from Gmail, and the organization and ease of use just works. I’m so used to Google Sheets that anything else feels clunky, and thanks to Google Docs I haven’t had to touch MS Word in decades. All of that lives in Google Drive and makes managing my projects a simple task.

CONS

I’m a video editor, and downloading large video files for Drive is a pain in the butt. It collects them all in several zip files and makes managing or naming them very hard. I also never use the Mac app sync option, because I don’t the same confidence in it the way I would Dropbox. Also, it’s a small thing but the new Move/Organize right-click menu buried my most used options. When you click something multiple times a day, having to go through multiple sub-menus adds up.

Geramy

Photography, 1 employee

Decent Cloud Storage

My experience with Google Drive hasn't been poor... I've jsut found other services that I prefer (and so do my clients).

PROS

Fairly easy to use, easily sharable links for others

CONS

Must be part of the Google sphere to use it, expensive compared to other options, and not super simple for others to use if they are not already part of Google Drive.

Meg

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Drive is ok

PROS

It's ok... Not a lot of pros though, sorry.

CONS

Slow, glitchy, emptying the bin is almost impossible. Expensive.

Alan

Events Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Reliability versatility and cost all worth one

I can't complain. It's very versatile, easy and everyone knows it how to use it. That being said, because I maximize that two terabytes for the cloud per year about $500 to 1,000 annually. You do get perks such as exclusive software, VPN by Google. You get free web dark scans to make sure your not vulnerable on the dark web etc

PROS

I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this but the way it's laid out over the years. Your teaching yourself how to use without even noticing it's very. Subprime

CONS

Would say a long time ago. Couple years it was a little bit laggy but now compared more cloud base storage and cost I cannot complain. There's no recoil at this point

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

It would took a more space and it may have more features but it didn't need to be that much extra for what was needed. I would still maybe should have outlook for academical feature

Nicole

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Great tool for every business owner

PROS

Google Drive is super convenient and accessible to everyone. Being able to upload documents to share with my clients, while also providing them with a platform to share documents with me is super convenient

CONS

It would be nice to be able to make notes about certain files without having to create folders. I also don't like that when you share a link to a document/folder with a non-google account, there's often issues accessing it.

Clarion

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Google Drive An Easy To Use Platform

It is an intuitive and simple platform to use.

PROS

Google Drive is intuitive and easy to navigate. Am able to upload, manage, and retrieve documents without extensive training. The system offers robust organization capabilities, allowing me to categorize documents by type, project, or department.

CONS

Google Drive is my one stop shop that has no downsides.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Efficient zero-footprint multi-device file storage and sharing

It is a very convenient tool to store and manage files for yourself and others you need to access the files.

PROS

One single cloud-based repository for all files. Very easy to cover the main 2 use cases: "store files just for me", "store & share with others so they can access/ collaborate". G-Drive can be seen as the 'single source of storage' regardless of your location or device.

CONS

The native G-Drive search bar does not always bring the results you expect. The recent ones you have been accessing will typically come up/ get suggested very easily by the 'seachg engine'. For the rest (not frequent files) it is usually required to access the 'advanced search' section to find the files you need.

Deyan

Internet, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Decent cloud storage for personal needs or small companies

PROS

I like that it's very easy to use, has a ton of integrations and almost everyone is familiar with it.

CONS

The pricing. There are much cheaper cloud storage providers out there.

Reviewed April 2024

Google Drive

PROS

It was convenient and easy to use. The integration with other software was flawless.

CONS

I can't think of anything as even the free version was quite adequate.

Juan

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

My secure bank for any file type

PROS

I feel safe having my data uploaded on Drive, and I can easily access it from multiple devices, my computer, phone, or tablet.

CONS

The upload speed could be faster. Especially when uploading long videos. I have found other apps speed faster.

Angela

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Gdrive review

PROS

Convenient use in securing and compiling files, option for color-coded folders in sorting according to subjects, and up-to-date functional key features.

CONS

There are times that some files are automatically duplicated or moved from one folder to another, most especially in shared files/access cases.

Reviewed March 2024

A great tool for backing up and collaberating

PROS

Automatic backup of files. Live collaberation on document with collegues Always available files

CONS

There isn't much to dislike. It's a great product

Marcy

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Seamless Solution

Google Drive has simplified my file management process and significantly improved collaboration. Whether for personal use or teamwork, it's a reliable and efficient solution that I highly recommend.

PROS

Mobile access, no max storage, file sharing and permissions

CONS

sometimes it can be diffcult to find a document if you don't know where you saved it.

1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Brilliant Working and Co-Working Platform

My co-working and collaborative online experience has been elevated, and my workflow and organization have been simplified and optimized thanks to Google Drive. It syncs beautifully across all of Google's platforms and makes my life easier.

PROS

Google Drive works almost perfectly seamlessly and very intuitively for those importing or creating documents from the more historically familiar Microsoft suite. It's great if you want to upload and continue working on a document, as the drive provides an online storage space that syncs beautifully and easily from whichever computer you're accessing. It also provides a fast, simple way to co-work on the same documents and share documents and files -- especially large ones that are otherwise difficult to manage. It also allows you to keep track of who contributed what and track changes over time. From Google Drive, you can share, store, and view media (including videos), multi-media presentations, documents, and more. Google Drive has been invaluable to me personally as well as to every organization for which I have worked.

CONS

As far as I know, it is not possible to work effectively offline and then upload changes when the internet reappears.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Dropbox is slow, non-intuitive, and hard to manage (especially for elderly or non-tech saavy colleagues) - and is also more expensive.

Derek

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

I Use Google Drive for everything

I have videos, wedding and honeymoon photos, resumes, in progress novels and outlines all saved to my personal drives. For business we have a shared drive where everyone can jump into a doc or spreadsheet, edit and comment, and sign off on from different cities, on our phones or laptops. It is a necessity for us and I don't think we could work without it at this point.

PROS

Google Drive is a free service that you can use with any Gmail account. I personally use 3 accounts, 2 personal and 1 business, for almost everything digitally that I do. 15 GB of free storage is more than enough for anyone. Having such a valuable tool available to the public at no cost seems crazy in today's culture but the entire Google suite is open for all.

CONS

My only con at this point is that sometimes a word doc that I need to save will not always transfer or download correctly, but it is easily fixed by converting it to a Google doc or spreadsheet to save and edit. Basically you can save anything to the drive but converting it out of the drive doesn't always work but there are work arounds.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

We all already had Google accounts and I have used Drive personally for a long time. Dropbox is also not always reliable.

Jason

Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2020

Once again, Google is better than Microsoft.

I use Drive for most of my personal files and all of my professional files. I love how organized I can be and my life would be much more difficult without Google Drive.

PROS

I am a hyper-organized individual, and I like being able to place items into their correct folder. Every file I need more than once gets sorted and filed away in my Google Drive. If I lose/break my laptop, it really doesn't matter because everything I need is save to my Google Drive. They give you so much storage room (15GB) that I don't think I'll ever need to buy more from them.

CONS

Sometimes I discover that really old files that I haven't needed for a decade are still there and taking up storage space, but there is so much free space that it doesn't really matter. Plus, I'm glad that Drive doesn't erase files I haven't used in a while. It might be nice if they asked once in a while if still needed something that hasn't been touched, though.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Microsoft has OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint, Teams, Notebook, and Sway. They all do similar jobs, and I was sick of how they don't work together well. Google Drive replaces all of them at the same time and does a better job, too!

Eduardo, Jr.

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Flexible Document Sync storage and Collab tool

We started with the free version bundled with Gmail. We eventually went full G Suite. Drive was a great value solution for us. We use it together with Sheets and Forms. We collaborate in real-time on Docs. It supports everything we need for syncing and saving files. For backups, we do use a different solution. But for syncing files, most of it is on Drive.

PROS

Whether you're a freelancer using the free version or you're a small business subscribing to G Suite, Google Drive is a great flexible tool for syncing files and collaborating. Our primary use for Google Drive is for syncing files between computers. Collaborating with team members is also seamless with Drive's integration with Google Sheets and Docs. Buying into the whole G Suite set of tools makes for incredible value for money. Google Drive is part of the reason G Suite is such a great value for small businesses.

CONS

While a lot of small businesses have adopted the Google ecosystem in their stack, they still have to deal with other companies who may still be using MS Office. Drive does not work as well as we want it to with MS Office documents, especially Excel files with formulas and pivots. If most of your clients are on the Microsoft side of things, you may want to consider Office365.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

It integrated well with the rest of the G Suite services.

Zunaid

Motion Pictures and Film, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

The best way to share files with no limit!

Highly satisfied. Use it for sharing, approvals and reviews and archiving. Integrates with Gmail for business perfectly and the cost for terabytes of storage in the cloud is reasonable.

PROS

Use it religiously for sending footage and video exports to teams in other parts of South Africa. Allows for fast uploading and downloading and it's saved us time by uploading footage from Johannesburg and downloading in Cape Town instead of couriering it. No limit on upload size which is essential.

CONS

You can't always view within the online application. Requires download if the video codecs aren't supported. That can waste time which is always critical.

Reason for choosing Google Drive

Mainly because of it's integration with Gmail.

Reasons for switching to Google Drive

Google Drive had no upload limit so there was no worry about that ever. Allowed us to share whatever is needed when we needed to.

Asfak

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

The most affordable Cloud storage I've ever used.

Google Drive allows me to easily store, and share files, documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with my friends & colleague in real time. It's making it easy for multiple people to work on the same project at once. Anyone can access files from any device with an internet connection. Overall, Google Drive has greatly increased my productivity and made collaboration easier.

PROS

Google Drive is one of the easiest cloud storage options available. It offers an impressive amount of storage space at no extra cost. Many third-party integrations are available. It allows me to access and share files from any device. The search function helps me quickly locate documents, and its file management features help me organize and collaborate on projects like a charm.

CONS

Sometimes it takes too much time to upload & sync files. There is no tag or label function built in. No password protection for shared files

Reason for choosing Google Drive

The google ecosystem & its integration into google workspace make my choice easier.