All GoToMyPC Reviews

Joanna

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

I can run my law practice at home on my Mac with GoToMyPC

I started using it as a necessity during the pandemic shut down. It's now enabled me to keep my home office running and I love being able to work from home.

PROS

I can use my Mac at home to run my PC remotely. The Mac doesn't run my legal management software. But using GoToMyPC, I can open my work computer from anywhere my Mac or my MacAir Laptop or even my iPad goes.

CONS

My office computer does have to stay on all the time. It does sometimes (rarely) lose the connection and I need to reinstall GoToMyPC. I think that's happened three times since I started using it 3 years ago so that's not so bad!

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

The best for remote access

I've used quite a few other remote desktop programs, but for ease of use, and features, I haven't found anything as good as GoToMyPC. It has all the features that I need, such as remote printing, screen blanking and dual monitor support. I can also use it wherever I need, and don't have to worry about purchasing a bunch of licenses if I need to use different PC's to access my work computer.

PROS

It's extremely reliable and easy to use. The fact that I can use it anywhere with any PC is exactly what I need.

CONS

Occasionally, especially with software that converts to a PDF before printing, it can take longer than I would like for the print to start printing.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

Remote PC is an inferior product. It loses the connection quite often if the remote connection is not perfect. It would drop my connection and freeze at least twice a day. I have never had that issue with GoToMyPC.

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

TeamViewer is not nearly as fluid and easy to use. GoToMyPC is a much better product, especially if you need multiple displays. I can drag windows across screens with ease, unlike TeamViewer that only drags part way, and then you have to click on the window again in the other monitor to finish dragging it.

Dave

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Useless crap

Horrible. No support. Yesterday's "degraded performance" debacle was the last straw.

CONS

This product WAS useful. Years ago, before it was purchased by whomever... Between the down time and cost I wouldnt recommend this useless app to my dog.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

I actually just switched to Anydesk. Love it. You people need to regroup. Or something.

William

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Why I love and Depend on GOTOMYPC

I have been using GoToMyPC for many years and could not perform my work without it. It is reliable, functional, easy to use and extraordinarily secure.

PROS

Using GoToMyPC is like having my primary computer right there on another screen. I have been using GoToMyPC for many years now and completely depend upon it. It is secure, responsive, fast and easy to use. I like the easy file transfer capabilities and the convenient connection to my remote computers. I completely depend upon GoToMyPC and cannot imagine trying to work remotely without it.

CONS

There is nothing I can say negatively regarding GoToMyPC.

Barry

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

As previously stated I have used it for over 10 years and it is easy to use.

PROS

Very easy to setup and use for my application.

CONS

The cost has risen over the years. I have used it for over 10 years

Marti

Reviewed November 2023

Retail - Point of Sale Support

GoToMyPC has been easy to use. With other remote software we have had trouble with remote printing and getting the print setting correct.

PROS

We use GoToMyPC to remotely manage our retail store system. It makes it easy to login when the staff is having a problem with balancing the register or invoicing. We can login see the what they are doing & walk through the process with them. We also use it to update inventory.

CONS

Cost. We are a small business & I wish they would have better pricing for small businesses.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

ease of printing remotely and supporting operations.

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

Issues with printing remotely and messing up the print settings.

Marlon

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Helpful application

PROS

Access to my desktop computer from anywhere

CONS

The older version cumbersome steps to sign-in

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

Ease of use and installation on the computer

Susan

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Saves me time !

PROS

I feel that my data is secure and it allows me to work at home all hours of the day and avoid leaving the house when the weather is bad

CONS

The cost seems high for the number of times I log in. It could possibly benefit me if there was a 'per use" cost to explore

Barbara

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Lawyer loves it

It's been fantastic - I can work from home or while traveling, I can print to any location if necessary.

PROS

It's fast and easy to use - exactly as if you were working on your desktop - and I can print to my office or to my location, which is fabulous. It enables me to work from any location.

CONS

I don't have any criticisms - I think it's a fabulous product, saves me from being tied to one physical office.

Paula

Reviewed April 2024

GoToMyPC Yeah!

It has been great over the time that I have been using it. It has made it very easy to not have to go into the office to get my work done and that has been awesome!

PROS

I have been most impressed by the Quality, Speed, Availability

CONS

I would say the price could be better for long time customers.

Julie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Makes remote work possible

Very pleased with this product and the freedom it allows me.

PROS

I love having the option of being able to work so easily away from the office. GoToMyPc makes this possible for me

CONS

Haven't found any cons yet! I have always been able to navigate any difficulties that might come up with the help of the GoToMyPc website.

Susan

Accounting, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Susan Wolf CPA GoToMyPC Review

My experience has been great which is why I don't shop for pricing

PROS

I work exclusively remotely and would not be able to without GoToMy PC

CONS

The price increases are hard on small businesses

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

I chose GoToMyPC because I had worked with it in the past with other clients

Kris

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent Product

PROS

GoToMyPC is so easy to use and makes life and work easier on the days I need to work from home. I also trust the security features.

CONS

I don't have any problems with this product. I think it is a good value for the cost.

Karyn

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Excellent product for remote access to my work computer

Very good. I very much like this product, as it allows me to work from home easily.

PROS

It is very easy to use. It connect quickly and stays connected for the most part.

CONS

The pricing is high enough that our firm decided to transition off of it.

Ross

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2020

A good solution for enterprise, too expensive for personal use

I've used it for a while until I came across with TeamViewer and decided to switch. Overall Gotomypc is definitely a robust remote connectivity solution, but the pricing and the outdated UI makes it not the first choice for many people.

PROS

1. It delivers on what it promises - you can log in to a remote computer and work on it with minimal lag. 2. The connection is usually very stable and once you get familiar with the SW, it becomes a second nature to use. 3. It's one of the industry veterans, so the solution is pretty robust and reliable.

CONS

1. Feels so 1990... Everything looks and feels a little old-school, starting from their website and to the actual software UI. Some would not be bothered by graphics, though. 2. Pricing is not intended for personal use - if you just want to help out your parents, use TeamViewer. This is clearly targeted at enterprise with deep pockets. 3. Not as versatile as TeamViewer, lacks features like having one-time passwords for quick one-off remote sessions.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

I switched from Gotomypc to Teamviewer because TeamViewer was easier to set up, was cheaper and had a cleaner UI.

Lora

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

One of the Best Remote Access Available

I use GoToMyPC every day to access documents that I need on remote computers. It is terrific! The file transfer is easy and fast.

PROS

GoToMyPC is extremely easy to set up, to use, to teach to others. You can use it on any platform, any time. Very user friendly and when I did have an issue, the customer service rep was very pleasant and fixed our issue in no time.

CONS

There is really nothing that I don't like about GoToMyPC!

Reasons for switching to GoToMyPC

I liked GoToMyPC a lot more

Jamie

Reviewed January 2023

GoToMyPc is Indispensible to my business!

GoToMyPC gives me the ability to do almost everything I would do at the store, at home.. This frees me up immeasurably and gives me an amazing amount of flexibility with my schedule as I run two businesses 45 minutes apart.

PROS

Being able to work remotely from my home office keeps me from spending extra hours each work after closing in my store. At home I can do everything I need to do for accounting- pay bills, enter bills, enter EOPs, reconcile all of my bank account and credit card. I can put orders together, do sales analysis, work on any file I have on my work desktop that isn't at home. If, during business hours, an employee is having an issue I can log-on to GOTOMYPC and walk them through a resolution or figure out how to rectify it later. Being able to have a home office where I get more work done than at 'the office' is a huge part of what gives me a great work-life balance.

CONS

I can't think of anything I don't like about GoToMyPC. It does everything I have ever needed it to do, I've never run into a situation where I can't do something I want it to; I can even print reports that I pull up on the remote computer on my home printer.

Pam

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Use of GoToMyPC at a Non-Profit Museum

I have been using GoToMyPC for about 10 years. I started when it was much more affordable, and I used it when I did research from museums and libraries to access my home computer. It was so useful that I stayed with the company even as prices went higher. When I started as a volunteer at the museum, I insisted that my colleagues also use it when they wanted to access the museum computers from home.

PROS

I am a volunteer in a town museum. My job is Collections Manager, and I also do research. If I didn't have GoToMyPC, I would not be able to work efficiently. I often work at home in the evenings, and the service enables me to access files I need to work on, update them, and then send them back to our main network computer. I can work on jpg files as well as tables, databases, and document files. Because I am the only person allowed to do certain functions within the museum software that we use, I am able to access the system at the end of the date to backup and re-index from home any work done by others at the museum.

CONS

However, our museum is a non-profit and can't afford to buy a subscription to GoToMyPC, so I have to pay for it myself. It is a large amount of money for a retired person on a fixed income to pay. But it makes my job so much easier that I just have to have it.

Reason for choosing GoToMyPC

I never even tries others because the product suited me so perfectly.

Peter